dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Playoff final

We were superb and dominated them, but they destroyed themselves with two own goals. Promotion \o/

congratz on promotion despite finishing 5th your team looks very strong, do you think it will be good enough for the bsp(with a few additions)? or will you completely overhaul your squad?

I've found that having 3 central midfielders in a 4-1-3-2 formation is pretty successful. Normally I'd have 2 wingers in midfield but due to the fact that Oxford City had no-one decent, I had to compensate, and it seems to have worked, as they've produced 28 goals between them.

Some of these Steam unlocks look very hard to get:

Highlight Reel

Your players have collected 10 goal of the month awards

Invincible!

Your team played the entire season without losing a league game

Best In The World

Your player won the World Player Of The Year award

Not sure about anyone else but I never get Goal of the Months or have ever had one of my players be player of the year.

Some of these Steam unlocks look very hard to get:

Highlight Reel

Your players have collected 10 goal of the month awards

Invincible!

Your team played the entire season without losing a league game

Best In The World

Your player won the World Player Of The Year award

Not sure about anyone else but I never get Goal of the Months or have ever had one of my players be player of the year.

Well some of us have done all of them in FM09, so its not impossible. It just takes years and an established spot in PL.

Just going to upload the tooting and mitcham save and am i the only one that dosent find the name of the club that funny because i actually live in tooting? lol

Away from FM, hopefully tooting can beat stockport in the 1st round of the fa cup and then get a big team at home so i can pop down to the ground and see a few players!

Anyways going to crack on with the game!

Finally, the takeover has been completed. A French owner based in Beirut sounds very exotic but in reality it is far from exciting. He's considering replacing me and has made no investment at all, which is bad news since I have put the club £250k in debt in my first year in the hope that a new owner would clear the debt.

congratz on promotion despite finishing 5th your team looks very strong, do you think it will be good enough for the bsp(with a few additions)? or will you completely overhaul your squad?

I'll be looking hard for improvements but I can't see it is possible to have an overhaul as I doubt I will find too many players who are better than what I currently have.

I'll be looking to strengthen a few weak positions and take mostly the same squad into the new league.

Keep it simple, just make a cookie cutter 4-4-2 with the tactic creator and look for players who can play the roles well.
I've found that having 3 central midfielders in a 4-1-3-2 formation is pretty successful. Normally I'd have 2 wingers in midfield but due to the fact that Oxford City had no-one decent, I had to compensate, and it seems to have worked, as they've produced 28 goals between them.

i agree! just played 3 in the middle with a Att-Mid in behind and its working wonders! beat league leaders after being 2-0 down!

Play Off's Here We Come!

Cambridge City 11/12

Table

Graph

Very mild season over all, was feeling antsy in the middle when it looked like I could not get it turned around, January pick ups helped for sure.

FA Cup

FA Trophy

I got a little run in the FA cup, I really needed it for the cash, nothing really to write home about though.

Transfers

Squad

Finances: No idea what to do about these, I can't get anyone to come to the games, even when we had Doncaster come in we still only had 900ish people there, most cheering for Doncaster every time they scored...

Players:

Mcphee - Striker: He came on strong where my former star was on his epic 889min goalless streak, stayed solid most of the season and stayed healthy.

Brouwer - Striker: Signed in January on a free, he scored 10 in 13, and had two assist, safe to say hes going to be a star next season if he stays healthy.

Fernandez - AMC/MC: Getting old, was solid most of the season but his low stamina is starting to force him out of games need to find someone to replace him.

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSN                 1st                      Promotion
2011/12       BSP		  13th				

Next Season: Need to fill some holes at the back as you can see from the table scoring is not the issue.

After a great start to the season , things dont see very good now . Beat Ossett Town 1:0 in the FA Cup 1st round replay and i have to play Leeds in the 2nd round , but on the next game in the FA Trophy lost to Bath 0:2 . The win against Ossett has been my only win in the last 6 games .

good consolidation season there. unfortunate about the finances though, you may have to sell some of your high wage players to try and get into the black.

Yeah been picking them off one by one, and signing people to low wage full time contracts also.

I brought in a new good striker to pair with Brouwer, should be a very good pairing.

so whats the earliest someones been sacked ... 11 games is a record i think

Shocking...i was 12th aswell, not happy!

That seems a bit harsh. Who were you? I have managed to get teams relegated twice so far without a sacking.

Tiverton is going slightly better, we can occasionally actually win a match, but I seem to be missing anything resembling a striker that can score lots.

I was Tootin&Mitchem board are clearly abit TOO big for their boots!

I will reload till the end of the season and take control of the next promoted team!

Its really difficult to get a decent striker, the ones that do well dont seem to look like they would, 7 finishing, 8 acceleration :|

think i might just have to take a punt, i had good striker called Matthew Judge!

I'll be looking hard for improvements but I can't see it is possible to have an overhaul as I doubt I will find too many players who are better than what I currently have.

I'll be looking to strengthen a few weak positions and take mostly the same squad into the new league.

Scrap that, I've gone crazy and brought in 18 new players :D

My Manager profile http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af328/Martvb60/MBlackman.jpg I see others dont have such a long title but i have done the best I can with it.Hi Rattlesnake I thought I would try my hand at a local team to me. Had a bit of success with them in FM09 not sure if I will be able to repeat it but I will enjoy having a go. Godd luck with your game.

good luck to you aswell.;)

heres my results half way through 2010/2011:

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/Results0ct-dec.jpg

Well Done to every one that has gained promotion today. Cant believe how fast some people are going through the seasons.:thup:

I'm struggling to find good players for the step up to the BSP. The only available players so far seem to be guys on the slow side of 35! But I suppose i'll find some more when the Trial teams play.

haha :D I'm guessing you found 18 really good players which you couldnt resist buying.

just be carefully about your wage budget and make sure you sell some fringe/reserve players

Hmm im wondering.. isnt it possible to change the personal settings for the positions? i can see all the instructions but they are greyed out and i cant change them ? Like this

click on the box next to the "specific instruction bar" you want to change then you should be able to slide it

Archived