dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

survived my first season in the prem on the last day by winning.

i'm into the new season and finding it really tough to sign the players to take me foward, i either can't afford the 20 million needed for them or they won't sign for me, even top qaulity youngsters won't sign.

I have signed a 32 yo italian keeper who is the backup for the national squad. Its the first time i've ever signed a player and had a news item about increased shirt sales.

Shame goalie was already my strongest position with a 24 yo and a 19 yo who are good prem standard but they are 3 stars and my new goalie is 4.5 stars :D

MikaelS - Chippenham - End of Season 3 (2012/2013)

CCL2 Prediction - 24th

CCL2 Position - 1st

FA Cup - Lost in 1st Round (v Brighton)

League Cup - Lost in 1st Round (v Plymouth)

Johnstone Paint Trophy - Lost in South Qtr Final (v Leyton Orient)

CCL2 (1st) - League Table | League Graph

Blue Square South Summary

Ooops I did it again :-) I really struggled in the beginning, playing lots of draws. But as soon as the players started adapting to CCL2, then I aimed for the top.

Domestic Cups

I am not that pleased of our cup runs. In the FA Cup we went out early to Brighton although we did battle hard. League Cup is not worth mentioning. The same goes for the Johnstone Paint Trophy

Best Elevens - Overall | Season

Record Sheet - Player Records | Team Records

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Information

Team Info

Information Overview

Information Stats

Information Facts

Information Stadium/Facilities

Other Info

Player Selection

Finances

Wages

Transfers 1 | Transfers 2

Affiliated Clubs

Staff

Players of the Season

Frédéric Vialle - He was brought in as backup to Andersen but quickly proved to be much better. A solid performance.

Peter Henry - I'm stunned that he played that well. His stats looks mediocre but he was still pretty solid.

Davide Enrico Somma - 14 assists this season. I'm pretty happy with that.

Karsten Johansen - What can I say. He delivered. 36 goals and 16 assists.

Chippenham Awards

Karsten Johansen got Fans Player of the Year

Karsten Johansen got 3rd in CCL2 Top goalscorer

Mikael Schøler got 1st in CCL2 Manager of the Year

Player on CCL2 Team of the Season - 1

Season Summary

Match-wise its going great. I win some fantastic games, also away. My biggest concern is wages. They are way down in the red.

Game Summary

Season        League               Position                  Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4299228&postcount=2894"]2010/11[/url]       Blue Square South    1st place (105 points)    Division Champions
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4567738&postcount=4239"]2011/12[/url]       Blue Square Premier  1st place (113 points)    Division Champions, FA Trophy[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4691632&postcount=5011"]
2012/13[/url]       Coca-Cola League 2   1st place (103 points)    Division Champions

Boston united season 6 2015/16

Fantastic season really finishing 3rd. Disapointing to lose in the playoff final but we have made real improvements.

League Table, Position Graph

Fixtures pt 1, Fixtures pt2, Fixtures pt 3

FA Cup Disappointing after last year goingout in the fist round

FA Trophy better than last year heading into the 2nd round

Transfers

Key Players

Nabil Sharif Good young striker who managed to score a few for us

Tom Parkes Young Centre back who carried on where he left off last season

Willie Egan A young Irish Winger who has contributed well and has been in the Ireland U 21 squad as well

Maxime Chanot Solid French Defender who plays across all 3 defensive positions.

Finances

Season           League              Final Position               Achievments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North          7th                         none
2011/12       Blue Square North          2nd                       Promoted Via Playoffs
2012/13       Blue Square Premier        15th                        none  
2013/14       Blue Square Premier        20th                        none
2014/15       Blue Square Premier        12th                        none
2015/16       Blue Square Premier        3rd                       Lost in Playoff Final        

Other Winners

Premier League - Arsenal

FA Cup - Liverpool

Carling Cup - Everton

Champions League - A.C. Milan

UEFA Cup - Real Madrid

European Championship - France

Aims for next season

Promotion

In other news Yeovil Town who were relegated from League 2 last season carried on their downward spiral by being relegated to the Blue Square South.

Impressive 1st 3 seasons MikaelS, hopefully you can keep it up

Thanks. It has taken a lot of searching in order to be ready for CCL1. First matches see me win a few, lose a few. It is looking good although the team look a bit weak on the wings.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2032/33

It was our centenary year and I was planning something special, but my financial gamble last season really didn't pay off and we found ourselves rebuilding once again.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We challenged at the top but were never really going to catch Liverpool. Man City missing out on the Champions League could be the most significant event this season.

FA Cup - it was an easy run to Wembley, although Newcastle nearly ended the dream. The final was superb, as we showed Man City who the major force in this country were.

Carling Cup - another great cup run, where we avoided a lot of the big teams. We needed penalties to win the final in a match we deserved to win.

UEFA Champions League - we struggled in the group stage and nearly got knocked out, but then started our charge towards the final. Arsenal had other ideas though as a very lucky result in the quarter final first leg knocked us out.

Transfers - there wasn't really a lot of action as I swapped a couple of full backs and signed a wonderkid winger who was amazingly offered to me for his value price.

Squad - it has taken a while to recover from the big player sale but I think the squad is getting back to its best.

Finances - the finances seem to be the major talking point at this club, this year we made a small loss, which could be the best thing ever to happen to the club.

Key Player Profiles:

Emilio Sacchi - he's finally starting to look like the striker I was hoping he was.

Adam Bowditch - I brought back the youngster from two seasons ago and he had a great year.

Chris Blackmore - not quite as impressive as last year but still pretty special.

John Punal - he's still only 16 but he's starting to show he's a natural goalscorer.

Steve Shutt - the star of my youth team, he's been solid as ever.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners

Next Season

This year was supposed to be something special, but despite the silverware it really wasn't. I'm going to need to win the Premier League and Champions league once again before I start thinking about future challenges.

I have the Confederations Cup coming up with Spain next, although I fear this may be my last tournament with them as things haven't been going too well.

For the third time in four years i have been drawn against chelsea in the FA Cup, and all 3 times have been in the 4th round

EDIT: also just done the double against premier league champions and 1st place arsenal:eek:, we are still lying in 16th though

Hastings United - 2010/2011 - Blue Square South

Given the media prediction of 22nd, and the fact that the team was full of slow, useless one star players, I really had a fair bit of work to do pre-season to get some semblance of a team together that would be competitive. Unfortunately, the depth was never really there, and that would be an issue.

---

Season Summary

We were rather unlucky with injuries this season so I ended up changing from a 4-4-2 to a rather nasty 4-3-2-1 to a narrow diamond back to a 4-4-2 by season's end, but it managed to keep up mid-table for 2/3 of the season and get through the injury storm. That provided a good base for us to push on the playoff places, and a very good final third of the season (12 games, 28 points) meant that we finished in the playoffs fairly comfortably.

Final Table

League Positions - Graph

Playoffs

We went into the playoffs with only one first choice defender after the injury debacle at home versus Eastbourne, so the playoffs would really require us to try to keep the ball in midfield as much as possble; not an easy prospect :)

How the first leg against Newport ended in a 0-0 draw is anyone's guess. We were lucky to hold on to a draw and given our home form I was fairly confident of a progression to the final in the next leg.

Unfortunately, international callups took our star defender Adam Hunter and our main goalscorer McAusland out of the second leg, which meant that my backline would consist entirely of reserves after its decimation in the Eastbourne match a couple of weeks earlier.

The scorline flattered us in the second leg, it was a tight game but we didn't deserve four goals; a couple of screamers from our midfielder McDonnell and our backup one-star striker Traynor were the difference here.

Unfortunately we lost our only remaining first choice defender Adam Hunter to injury in the U19 qualifiers, so the playoff final would be another interesting prospect.

As for the final, we won promotion, but it was scrappy and thoroughly undeserved. However, given our perfomance in the second half of the season I think we were certainly the quality side in the playoffs.

FA Cup - 1st Round

We did well in this, beating BSP side Gatehead and BSS champs Eastbourne, before getting Peterborough at home in the 1st round and getting absolutely marmalised.

FA Trophy - 2nd Round

We beat Gateshead again (away this time) and the 3-1 loss to BSP Dover certainly flattered the opposition.

----

Transfers - Lots of action in and out as we tried to get some talent in and reduce the wage bill (half star players getting 400 quid a week is a bit of a joke).

Squad - Certainly some good talent in the centre of midfield but a bit weak up front and in goal. No natural left wing either which proved troublesome.

Finances - Could be worse I guess. Hopefully we get some more in next year when we start playing BSP football.

----

Key Players

Adam Hunter - Just a colossus at the back.

Kyle McAusland - Our main goalscorer. When we missed him it was very noticable.

James Keatings - McAusland's chum up front; scored a few, created many.

Stephen McDonnell - Our main central midfielder; along with Keatings a crucial creator of goals.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4693606&postcount=5028]2010/11[/url]   Blue Square South        3rd         Promotion (Playoffs)

Next Season

Hopefully we'll attract a considerably higher quality of player during the summer; given our good cup performances against BSP sides I don't see any reason why we can't compete in the mid table next season.

This game really frustrates the hell out of me sometimes. Better players, worse results in 2nd season in BSP. Anyone got any tips for this league? Tactics?

Really it's not too different to the BSN/S I'm finding. Just keep it very rigid/little creative freedom, basic 4-4-2, attacking (push up/quick tempo) and a bit narrower away from home.

All the players are as thick as two short planks and don't have the technical ability to play well structured football, so I also make sure that my players have at least a half-decent determination (10+) and ditto for pace.

You have to take assman reports with a pinch of salt, classic example in my game was a one-star striker getting eight goals in 18 games as a backup, mostly as a sub (18 determination, 13 pace, 11 finishing), while my 4 star striker got about 3 goals in 23 games as a starter.

Adam. What do you think of Oliver Hewitt-Fisher? Making those defense splitting passes at will for you?

He's not bad =/ Kaby was much better when I had him on loan, hard to find great AMCs around. He gets a few assists though it's not hard with the competition I seem to have in this league.

Leon Knight injured for 3 months now :mad:.

Jamie Spencer - Season 5 (13/14) League One - 11th Place

Mediocre season really, started off around the bottom but was never really in any threat of going up or down. Pretty boring season if im honest.

League Table: http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3781/league1truro.jpg

Transfers: http://img98.imageshack.us/i/transferstruro.jpg/ kelly, Sarki, Webster and Barnett were all pretty good signings. made a nice profit on Sarki.

Star Player: http://img689.imageshack.us/i/charliewebster.jpg/

He was great last season, says it all when you're star player is the keeper though.

Already well in to the next season, we're up and around the playoffs but have come across some sides much better than us. We'll see how it goes.

Season     Team           League            Finished     Achievements
2010/11    Truro City   Blue Square South    	1st           Promoted, Champions
2011/12    Truro City   Blue Square Premier    	13th       
2012/13    Truro City   Blue Square Premier     1st           Promoted, Champions
2013/14    Truro City   League 2                3rd       Promoted
2014/15    Truro City   League 1                11th

Started life in League 2 with a win over Exeter, followed it up with a win over Coventry in the League Cup, then a draw against Southend and defeats against Cambridge and Aldershot. Foster out for a month with a hamstring strain. Life in league football is going to be tough.

Started life in League 2 with a win over Exeter, followed it up with a win over Coventry in the League Cup, then a draw against Southend and defeats against Cambridge and Aldershot. Foster out for a month with a hamstring strain. Life in league football is going to be tough.

I'm finding league football hard to. With 3 games to go I am 3 points clear of relegation.

I'm in 2028/29 and looking at the tables, i noticed that Oxford, Rushden and Crewe were in the championship, and Blackpool in the BSN.

Anyone else seen such movement by clubs up or down the leagues in their games.

I'm in March 2019, Hartlepool were in Blue Square South but were promoted last season and are now struggling to avoid relegation in the BSP. Also Notts County are top of the Championship having previously lost in the championship playoffs for the last 3 seasons

I'm in March 2019, Hartlepool were in Blue Square South but were promoted last season and are now struggling to avoid relegation in the BSP. Also Notts County are top of the Championship having previously lost in the championship playoffs for the last 3 seasons

Surely Hartlepool would be in the Blue Square North? Hell of a lot of travelling for them otherwise :D

Sutton United: Season 2012/13

Media Prediction: 7th

Final Position: 2nd (Lost in play-off semi-finals)

Position Graph

Gutted, thought we'd have automatic promotion in our hands but we didn't win in 3 games near the end of the season and we payed for it. In the play-offs, I stupidly took advice from my ex-Assistant Manager to play a 4-1-3-2, which was a huge mistake as Havant & Waterlooville went on to beat me 2-0 at home, I will ALWAYS regret this decision. I didn't fair to well in the cups, went out in the 4th Qualifying Round of the FA Cup and the 4th Round of the FA Trophy.

Squad

No-one is rated amazingly by my new assistant manager, Darren Powell (I know he's not very good, but I sacked my previous one because I blame him for missing out on promotion and he's the only person who requested what I can actually pay him), but the stand-out is definitely Leon Knight. If he wasn't injured for 3 months I'm sure he would've surpassed the 30 goal mark. It's not a bad squad altogether but I need a couple of signings for sure if I want automatic promotion next year, and believe me I want it.

Finances

Have picked up due to my new chairman taking over and taking out a bank loan, it's only small but I don't want things like it regardless. A pity I'm still in the Blue Square South as I seemed to get a lot more injections from the chairman while in the Blue Square Premier.

Transfers

Brought in a good few players on loan over the course of the season, apart from that Leon Knight was definitely the best buy. Made a sweet profit too.

Links

Club Information

Manager Profile

Overview

Key Players

Leon Knight - Topscorer, was a joy to watch, wish he wasn't injured for those 3 months, we really missed him.

Jack Adams - Only just reached double figures but provided most of Knights goals.

Graeme MacGregor - Got him on loan from Crystal Palace and was probably my best performer, solid in midfield and got his fair share of goals and assists.

Matthew Pearson - On loan from Fulham, was solid at the back, wish I could keep him.

Joe Devera - Captain Fantastic, consistent player who played most of my games.

Adam Davies - Solid player, played a whopping 53 games and conceded 35, best I can get currently.

[b]Season     League                 Position     Notes
[/b]2010/11    Blue Square South      5th          Promoted via play-offs
2011/12    Blue Square Premier    21st         Relegated
2012/13    Blue Square South      2nd          Lost in play-off semi-finals

Really Unlucky there AdamFitz. I'm sure you will be able to get promotion next season, just don't take any advice from anyone else :D

Although it's good to see Hampton and Richmond finally getting promoted, they havent been promoted in my game yet :(

Really it's not too different to the BSN/S I'm finding. Just keep it very rigid/little creative freedom, basic 4-4-2, attacking (push up/quick tempo) and a bit narrower away from home.

All the players are as thick as two short planks and don't have the technical ability to play well structured football, so I also make sure that my players have at least a half-decent determination (10+) and ditto for pace.

You have to take assman reports with a pinch of salt, classic example in my game was a one-star striker getting eight goals in 18 games as a backup, mostly as a sub (18 determination, 13 pace, 11 finishing), while my 4 star striker got about 3 goals in 23 games as a starter.

Thanks for the advice. We'll see how it goes. I might be in the BSP for a few years yet :).

Anyone got any teams they despise? I absolutely loathe Newport County, so frustrating to play against. Anyone?

Anyone got any teams they despise? I absolutely loathe Newport County, so frustrating to play against. Anyone?

I would have said Nuneaton for sacking me, but we did the double over them last season, so we're even now. I did quickly grow to dislike Histon last season though, played them twice and couldn't get near them. Didn't like playing against Forest Green either.

By the way, just noticed that Mansfield have lost in the BSP play-offs in each of the six seasons I've played so far :D

Jamie Spencer - Season 6 (14/15) League One - 2nd Place

Was a really tight season this time, was always about 5 teams in it who could win automatic promotion and it took us a while to get going. We were helped by some great loan players and the fact that we were allowed to go a decent amount over our wage budget.

League Table: http://img695.imageshack.us/i/league1truro.jpg/

Transfers: http://img694.imageshack.us/i/transferstruro.jpg/ Lorentzen, Fox and Grant were ace. Romone Rose came in late on and on high wages and he was not very good.

Star Players: Carjaval (loan from Man City) http://img683.imageshack.us/i/carvajal.jpg/

James simpson (loan from Newcastle) http://img697.imageshack.us/i/jamessimpson.jpg/

Danny Fox http://img683.imageshack.us/i/dannyfox.jpg/

Need to completely rebuild again for next year, we struggled against the better sides in our league and our squad is very much a league 1 squad.

Season     Team           League            Finished     Achievements
2010/11    Truro City   Blue Square South    	1st           Promoted, Champions
2011/12    Truro City   Blue Square Premier    	13th       
2012/13    Truro City   Blue Square Premier     1st           Promoted, Champions
2013/14    Truro City   League 2                3rd       Promoted
2014/15    Truro City   League 1                11th
2015/16    Truro City   League 1                 2nd       promoted

2017-2018 Season Review-Kings Lynn-CCL2

The main target this season was survival and although we spent most of the season in the relegation zone I was always confident we could stay up. The faith in my team was good as we managed to pull away from relegation towards the end of the season and finished 8 points clear of the relegation zone. Our first entry into the league cup saw us draw Wigan away. We lost 3-1 but we played really well and I was happy with the performance. I made a small profit from transfers and found two good players on loan who kept me up in the form of Sam Hill a striker from Norwich and John Powell from Gillingham.

I keep getting messages saying a takeover is close and then one saying takeover is on the rocks so I don't know if I'm going to be taken over or not to be honest.

League Two-21st

League Positions Graph

FA Cup-1st round v Accrington

League Cup- 1st round v Wigan

Johnstone Paint Trophy-2nd round V Cambridge

Transfers

Manager Overview

Next season I would like a top half finish but that could be hard if I don't get any wage budget to get any new players with.

Season    League                            Position       Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square North                 18th           None
2011/12   Blue Square North                 4th            Promoted via Playoffs
2012/13   Blue Square Premier               16th           None
2013/14   Blue Square Premier	            19th           None
2014/15   Blue Square Premier	            16th           None
2015/16	  Blue Square Premier	            3rd            Playoff Semi losers
2016/17	  Blue Square Premier	            5th	           Promoted via Playoffs	
2017/18	  League 2			    21st	   None		

Archived