dafuge's FM10 challenge

my chairman thinks my facilites need no improvement even though they are still average, i beg to differ.

I'm having the same problem, also with feeder/parent clubs. I had the same problem in FM08. I think Chippenham need a new chairman :(

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations, Rattlesnake :thup:

I'm threatening to pay the price for the FA Cup run. The players are dead on their feet as we've had a good few weeks now of games every three or four days. Got humped by both Mansfield and Morecambe, we're seven points clear of dropping out of the play-off zone with 13 games to play, but I fear that even if we finish in the top 5, we'll have nothing to give when we get the play-offs.

Anyway, the cash from this year's cup run means that, if we don't go up this year, we'll be able to put the cups to one side next season and go all out for promotion next season. Hopefully come May 2016, Canvey Island will be a league club.

Just posted this in the OTF FM Thread, seeing as it's doing the challenge and I want to moan more i'll post here:

****ing fuming right now. My keeper went off injured so I had to change and put an outfield player in goal as I had used all of my subs. before I had the chance to do that they have got the ball and twatted it into an empty net. Can't be right can it?

Dartford - Barclays Premier League - 2032/33

Predicted: 1st

Finished: 2nd

Continuing with the youth revolution and trying to stay successful.

League Table

League Table Graph

Our best and most creative player, Marko Grgic was injured for most of the season - that didn't help.

Beaten by one point to deny our 8th consecutive Premier League trophy. It sounds harsh but when the read down further, you'll see it's more in spite of a dreadful step backwards.

Community Shield Easy enough.

Carling Cup Again all team selections were done with reserves and under 18s. They did brilliantly getting to the final and gave Man Utds first team a really good run for their money.

FA Cup As like the Carling Cup, youth was given priority and they did superbly reaching the final against..once again Man Utd. Only this time they managed to avenge their Carling Cup defeat with a dramatic late winner to take the cup.

Champions League Last year we missed on the Treble by getting beat on penalties by Man Utd in the Final. I was not expecting this. Disastrous to say the least.

Europa League I didn't give a toss about winning this like some might, as some sort of redemption for a dreadful early exit in the CL. I didn't care. I let my youth players add more experience.

-----------------------------------

Squad You can see how the amount of appearances throughout the squad is very evenly spread. A small number of players who I feel are either lacking in ability or are just not doing enough for me, will be transferred out this summer for sure.

Dartford players representing..

World Team of the Year

European Goalkeeper of the Year

European Defender of the Year

-----------------------------------

Transfers Couple of young lads in. Alain Keller is a good player but never really going to be a first teamer despite his great versatility - he moved on. Eneko Martin moved on to Man City for £30million - I thought the price was fair, as much as Martin was a great player, he's pretty unremarkable for player costing £30million.

Finances Looking flush. Problem is though, the board won't expand the stadium any further, which makes me think this is probably the maximum for me. Here's hoping they maybe build another stadium in the next 5-10 years.

------------------------------------

Key Players This Season

Javier 32 years old and still a great centre back. Not as great as he used to be mind.

Tiaguinho No where near as good as last season but I suppose he was the best of the forwards.

Ricardinho Has been better. Still a threat mind.

Henriques Great as always.

Rik De Jong He had a good season. Unfortunately he is now 30 and when he kept asking for another challenge, I offered him out (Captain or not) and so he will be joining Sevilla to see out his career in Spain.

Youth Prospects

Frank Niessen Second season at the club and is now a 'wonderkid.' Should be interesting to see if he can kick on.

Igor Eizagirre Has been out on loan more in the last 2/3 years but he looks like a top striker in the making.

Roger Gordon Cost me £3million in compensation to bring this lad of 16 in from Bolton, if he kicks on he could be an incredible forward.

Holland

Took the reigns in the summer. Seemed like a decent team at the time.

We cruised through our Euro qualifiers and by the end of the season looked pretty secure at the top of our group.

Then we had the Confederations Cup. We met Australia in the Semi-Final and unbelievably got beat.

If this lot can't beat Australia, they have no chance in the Euros or the World Cup.

I'm out.

Club Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted
2015/16   Coca Cola League One     6th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2016/17   Coca Cola League One     9th         n/a
2017/18   Coca Cola League One     1st         Promoted as Champions
2018/19   Coca Cola Championship   13th        n/a
2019/20   Coca Cola Championship   3rd         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  8th         n/a
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  10th        Qualified for Europa League via Fair Play League
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  16th        n/a
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  15th        n/a
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Carling Cup Winners, FA Cup finalists, Qualified for Europa League
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League Winners, Europa League Winners, Qualified for the Champions League
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League Winners, FA Cup Winners, Champions League Winners, Super Cup Winners

[i]Challenge Complete[/i]

2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup Winners, CWC Winners, CL Winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, CWC Winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup Winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup Winners, CL finalists
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         PL runners up, Carling Cup Finalists, FA Cup Winners

International Career Overview

Season    Nation                   Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]Hired by Brazil[/b]

2027/28   Brazil                   N/A
2028/29   Brazil                   Qualified for the 2030 World Cup

[b]Sacked by Brazil[/b]

[b]Hired by Italy[/b]

2030/31   Italy                    N/A
[b]
Resigned from Italy[/b]

[b]Hired by Holland[/b]

2032/33   Holland                  Semi-Finalists in Confederations Cup
[b]
Resigned from Holland[/b]

Next Season

As I said, I'll be letting some players move on.

Hopefully we can get better performances this season and get back the league title - which is the most important trophy afterall.

Jamie Spencer - Season 4 League Two - 3rd Place

Got no idea how we've managed to get automatic promotion, we were at times a terrible side and took some batterings along the way. It's more down to the rest of the league being shocking tbh. Didn't enjoy the season 1 bit but we've done what was needed of us so I can't complain.

League Table: http://img15.imageshack.us/i/league2truro.jpg/ We did it on the last game, thought we had blown it when Northampton equalised in the last minute but somehow the others slipped up too. very tight league.

Transfers: http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/1889/transferstruro.jpg Roberts and Zola the standouts there, some of them were average and as you can see they soon moved on in Jan.

Star Players:

Ben Geering: http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/3050/gerringstats.jpg - Ben Gerring deserves a mention as he has been brilliant in every league for us so far. Amazing signing.

Gary Roberts http://img442.imageshack.us/i/garyroberts.jpg/ - Former Crewe midfielder got our player of the season, dominant in defensive midfield.

Calvin Zola: http://img229.imageshack.us/i/calvinzola.jpg/ - Took a while to get going but he was a great physical presence and caused a lot of problems in the centreal striker position.

Next year we will need to completely gut the side I think, somehow we were good enough to go up from League 2 but this side is no way near ready for League 1

Season     Team           League            Finished     Achievements
2010/11    Truro City   Blue Square South    	1st           Promoted, Champions
2011/12    Truro City   Blue Square Premier    	13th       
2012/13    Truro City   Blue Square Premier     1st           Promoted, Champions
2013/14    Truro City   League 2                3rd       Promoted

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT :mad:

6 games left in the season and my über striker, James Foster, has broken his foot, out for 5-6 months :mad: Happened five minutes after he'd become the club's all time top league goal scorer.

Season 2 - Bedford Town - BSN - 2011/2012

Media Prediction - 16th

Actual Position - 4th (Table) - (Positions Graph) - (Results 1) - (Results 2)

Review of Season: In the summer I raided the BSP for released players and managed to find some much needed quality to take us to the next level. Incidently this disrupted the squad quite considerably and because I left the friendlies to the Ass Manager I began the season in poor shape. Going into December my job was insecure and the board were begining to get on my back. After hours of refining tactics I finally began to pick up some points. January came and in the second half of the season it was like I had a different team. Players had found their feet and actually began to play. I decided to keep the same starting 11 for most games only changing things for injuries/suspensions and they clearly began to gell together. This of course upset those who had been demoted to the reserves, but I didnt care. After all its a results business and im not here to make friends ;)

Playoffs:

BSN Playoff semi final leg 1: Tough First leg and it looked like an uphill struggle going into the away leg.

BSN Playoff semi final leg 2: A real nail bitter, after going ahead in first half and level in the tie, it went to penalties. we held our nerve scoring all our penalties and going through to the final.

BSN Playoff final: My boy, Briscoe smashing 2 quick goals to send us up, in a surprizingly comfortable game :D

Fa Cup: Rubbish

Fa Trophy: Rubbish, knocked out by Cambridge City again, but who cares were up :p

Transfers: More transfers in than I thought, also quite a few players who had done well for us last season left but it was all in the name of progression. Even my Key player from last season wasn't safe from the exit door.

Finances: heavily in the red despite over 300k worth of investment from the board

Squad: The bit of quality I managed to get in really took the squad to the next stage, however there will be a few comings and goings for next year in the BSP.

Drew Rattlesnake_85 Key Player of the Year Award: Winner - outstanding to be honest. With 12 assists and his killer balls to the front men, in particular Briscoe was handed chances on a plate.

Runner-up - runner up for the second year in a row, as important as ever and looked good alongside Connor Goldstone.

Aims for Next Season: Survival first of all and consolidate any thing else is a bonus. Try and get some League 2 rejects in :thup:

Bedford Town

Season        Division                    Position                 Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North           8th                      None

2011/12       Blue Square North           4th                      Promotion (Playoff winners)

Boston united season 5 2014/15

A better season than last year finishing 12th. We could have been even higher but hit a big mid season slummp once again.

League Table, Position Graph

Fixtures pt 1, Fixtures Pt 2, Fixtures Pt 3

FA Cup A good showing here eventually going out to Preston

FA Trophy Disappointing here going out in the first round

Transfers

Key Players

john Foster Goo d Left sided player who has terrorised right backs.

Tom Parkes Young Centre back who slotted straight into the defence.

Finances

Season           League              Final Position               Achievments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North          7th                         none
2011/12       Blue Square North          2nd                       Promoted Via Playoffs
2012/13       Blue Square Premier        15th                        none  
2013/14       Blue Square Premier        20th                        none
2014/15       Blue Square Premier        12th                        none

Other Winners

Premier League - Man United

FA Cup - Tottenham

Carling Cup - Man United

Champions League - Man United

UEFA Cup - A.C. Milan

Aims for next season

Carry on where we left off and get even higher up the table.

Sutton Utd Championship 2017/18

Competitions:

Fa Cup: Lost in 3rd round 2-1 to QPR

League Cup: Lost 2-1 to Liverpool in 3rd round

League: 1st Promotion

League Table, League Graph

Squad, Transfers

Complete domination from almost the start to the finish. We looked very comfortable even against the top teams in the division. Hopefully this shows my team is ready for the premier league. We won promotion with 5 games to spare and won the league with 4 games to spare. We conceded least in the league (40) and scored the most (88).

Player/s of the Season

Raul Clemente - he was the stand out striker this season with 22 goals in 42 appearance although my other two strikers didnt do too badly themselves

Special mentions must go to Ezio Massaro (history) who left in january for ajax for a club record 4.9 mill, he had amassed 191 league appearances for Sutton and also to Miguel Angel (history) he is still with us and is Sutton's all tim leading top scorer with 87 league goals in 169 appearances (100 goals in 192 appearances in all competitions excluding friendlies for Sutton)

Cups

Pretty poor on both cup fronts we managed to get to the 3rd round in the league cup before narrowly losing to liverpool, this run included a 5-2 thriller against leyton orient

Fa cup was equally as bad we managed to take premier league qpr to a replay but we lost that .

Finances:

Again main help was from player sales and with over 20 mill in the black now we should be getting a new stadium and training/youth facilities soon

[color=black]Career so far:[/color]

[color=black]Season    League                   Position    Achievements[/color]
[color=black]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]

[color=black]2010/11   Blue Square South       2nd      Promoted via playoffs[/color]
[color=black]2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st      Automatic Promotion [/color]
[color=black]2012/13   League 2                3rd      Automatic Promotion[/color]
2013/14   League 1                7th      N/A
2014/15   League 1                1st      Automatic Promotion
2015/16   Championship            14th     N/A
2016/17   Championship            4th      Lost in Playoff Semi Final
2017/18   Championship            1st      Automatic Promotion

In other news Liverpool escaped relegetion on the last day by beating 19th placed wolves while sheff utd lost to West Brom:mad::mad:

congratulations on the promotion hrbfcrule, good luck in the Premier League. By the looks of things you should have no problems staying up.

With this seasons youth intake, Bedford have produced their first player with anything resembling potential.

James Needham, scouts say potential to be good BSP player in future so, he will be 4th choice striker. Will try to give him 10 or so games.

Not a usual visitor to these forums but loved the idea of the challenge, so I took it up as Hastings United :)

BTW I had edited the database a while back to change the names of some of the psedonymed competitions (PL, CL etc.). As that's pregame and not savegame edited (and cosmetic) I assume that's ok?

congratulations on the promotion hrbfcrule, good luck in the Premier League. By the looks of things you should have no problems staying up.

With this seasons youth intake, Bedford have produced their first player with anything resembling potential.

James Needham, scouts say potential to be good BSP player in future so, he will be 4th choice striker. Will try to give him 10 or so games.

Thanks i hope i dont have problems staying up as well.:)

My board have just announced a stadium expansion.................of 1032 seats to take the total capacity to just over 8000 :o even if i filled out this stadium i would still have had the lowest average championship attendance let alone in the premier league

After having a few months off from this challenge, tonight I decided to load up my saved game as Nuneaton in championship! Only to find that my file is corrupt! Is there anyway it can be fixed? Would someone be kind enough to pm me a saved file of a team that is liable to this challenge prefrabley in the championship or premiership if that is all availble!

Sutton United: Season 2010/11

Media Prediction: 18th

Final Position: 5th (Promoted via play-offs)

Squad

Weren't the most consistent bunch, but my strength in depth was certainly good. Stand-outs were the back four, Kaby who I got on loan from Chelsea and Jon Stevenson, who had a lot of annoying injuries, hence his 20 substitute appearances. As you have probably noticed, my keeper has only made one appearance, this was due to me selling my other keeper Ian McCaldon to AFC Hornchurch recently. I think I will have A LOT of rebuilding to do if we want to stay in the Blue Square Premier next year. These were my Tactics, which despite keeping all year, my Tactical Consistency still managed to drop.

Finances

Oh god, these are an absolute disgrace, I actually have no idea how we are losing all this money. Hoping for something good to happen like a new owner or a stadium expansion (both very, very unlikely).

Transfers

I made a lot of transfers throughout the season, after scout reports and all. The loans of Kaby and Huston being my favourites easily.

Links

Club Information

Manager Profile

Overview

Key Players

Kaby

Jon Stevenson

Angelos Tsiaklis

Tony Huston

Brad Cann

Sam Gargan

Luis Cumbers

[b]Season     League                 Position     Notes
[/b]2010/11    Blue Square South      5th          Promoted via play-offs

Canvey Island

Blue Square Premier

2014/15

The aim this season was nothing other than to avoid relegation, I've documented our FA Cup successes pretty well in here already, but suffice to say that the season in its entirety went better than expected.

Blue Square Premier

The league season got off to a good start (in light of our pre-season objective at least) with a couple of wins in our first four games, but three straight defeats brought us crashing back down to earth pretty quickly. From that point on, however we were solid as a rock, keeping eighteen clean sheets in the campaign and for the large part of the season occupying one of the play-off spots. The wheels wobbled for a while as the FA Cup exertions took their toll and defeats against Mansfield, Morcambe, Kettering and Darlington threatened to derail us completely, especially as our star player, James Foster, suffered a broken foot, but a 5-1 win over Macclesfield got the confidence flowing again and we closed out the season in third place.

That put us in a play-off semi final against Morecambe, and having stolen a late draw at Westgate, we scored early back at Park Lane to put us ahead on aggregate and from then we defended magnificently to book our place at Wembley. Mansfield overcame Chester in the other semi, so it was them we would face. They looked likely to overwhelm us in the first half hour, but we conceded only once and came roaring back in the second half, Mark Hartmann equalising from 25 yards before serial substitute Phil Parkin nabbed a winner three minutes from time.

League Positions Graph

FA Trophy

Nothing remarkable in this and to be honest I was quite glad when Forest Green scored an 89th minute winner against us as the last thing I wanted was another replay during a period when our fixture congestion was getting out of control.

FA Cup

The wonderful, money spinning machine that is the FA Cup. It almost didn't happen as we had to fight back from 3-1 down to force a replay against Braintree in the first round, but once we had beaten Morecambe in round two it was time to pray for the big boys. That didn't quite happen, but we dispatched Luton after a replay and did the same for Hull but without the need for a second go. Finally we got our draw, Newcastle away, and though we lost 4-0, we made half a million from the game and the run as a whole helped us post profits this season not far short of a million pounds.

Transfers

I think what proved to be key in this department was managing to pick up a number of players who had been released by League sides. Philip Appiah, John Mousinho, Kostas Tsioukas and others were sent packing by their clubs higher up the food chain, and they brought with them that extra level of schooling that served us well. I took a chance in dumping £12,000 in installments for Truro winger Nathan Woolfe and it didn't really pay off; he signed a one year deal and won't be getting a renewal this summer.

Key Players

As with last season, there can be only one star in here and his name is James Foster. An absolutely stunning season, curtailed by injury, James has fired his way into the record books as the club's leading league goalscorer in just two years with us and I'm starting to become convinced that he can be a real asset at League Two level.

Former Swindon trainee Mark Hartmann continued to impress me and now has over thirty assists in the three seasons that I've been at the club, but the most creative award for this campaign went to French winger Lassana Sidibé, whose pace caused problems for many a defence.

Honourable mentions should also go to Kyle Wilson, who returned from injury just in time to ensure that we held onto our play-off place; John Mousinho, whose versatility proved invaluable and Matty Darlow, our goalscoring centre back who proved to be rock solid as well and a good choice as a back up captain.

Next Season

Stay up. It's going to be massively difficult, though hopefully the cash from the FA Cup run this year will reduce the financial burden a little. I'm pinning many of my hopes on James Foster returning successfully from injury and scoring enough to keep us afloat. It's a lot of eggs in a small basket, but it has to be done.

Career Overview

Season League Final Pos. Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nuneaton Town
2010/11 Blue Square North 5th Lost in play-off semi final
2011/12 Blue Square North 12th Sacked 11 games into the season

Canvey Island
2012/13 Blue Square South 10th None
2013/14 Blue Square South 4th Promoted via play-offs
2014/15 Blue Square Premier 3rd Promoted via play-offs

hrbfcrule - Congrats, how do you have such great players on low wages? I'm paying some players £5k per week in League 1 and we're going to finish mid table.

i tied them down on 4 and 5 year deals so they started on low wage. Also i dont sign players if they ask for too much in wages because i always try to keep my finances healthy and well into the black. Problem now is im having to offer them all new contracts as their previous ones had run out and since im in the premier league now they are asking for a lot more. But i found that the longer the player has stayed at the club he asks for less because most of my team now has wages of about £9000 week now.

Congratz AdamFitz, Good luck next season in the bsp

Congratz Terk it looks like you are really getting the hang of lower league managment

Congratz Terk it looks like you are really getting the hang of lower league managment

Cheers :thup: It would appear that way (at last). I think I owe that to whomever it was who gave me the advice to almost ignore technical stats in favour of the physical (in particular acceleration and pace) at this level. Since I took that on board my fortunes have turned round completely.

This guy, Ashley Dunkley just came through my youth system, looks like he'll slot straight into my first team, looks amazing for this level!

Yeah, he should slot into a BSP side comfortably even at his age. Will be interesting to see how he develops.

I've not had any youth players that have even the slightest hint of talent yet.

Cheers :thup: It would appear that way (at last). I think I owe that to whomever it was who gave me the advice to almost ignore technical stats in favour of the physical (in particular acceleration and pace) at this level. Since I took that on board my fortunes have turned round completely.

It's definately the way to go... to an extent :D

I say because I signed Craig McShea who has fairly good physical attributes but his technical attributes are hopeless. Halfway through the season he has 43 shots and just three goals playing in the striker position, and I'd wager that a mighty number were CCCs.

In the last game he had an open goal from 6 yards out and blasted in as high into the sky as you probably can, so I think he's about to get chopped from the first team for sure.

I've been signing my players to full time contracts for the past year, even when we were semi-pro, so that's lessened the blow as I don't have to renew too many and up their wages considerably.

aeropaus, that is shocking, I think you can justifiably drop him :D Now that I'm in the league I'll tip the balance back towards the technical a little bit, that's if I can actually get a single sodding player to join me.

Canvey Island

Blue Square Premier

2014/15

The aim this season was nothing other than to avoid relegation, I've documented our FA Cup successes pretty well in here already, but suffice to say that the season in its entirety went better than expected.

Blue Square Premier

The league season got off to a good start (in light of our pre-season objective at least) with a couple of wins in our first four games, but three straight defeats brought us crashing back down to earth pretty quickly. From that point on, however we were solid as a rock, keeping eighteen clean sheets in the campaign and for the large part of the season occupying one of the play-off spots. The wheels wobbled for a while as the FA Cup exertions took their toll and defeats against Mansfield, Morcambe, Kettering and Darlington threatened to derail us completely, especially as our star player, James Foster, suffered a broken foot, but a 5-1 win over Macclesfield got the confidence flowing again and we closed out the season in third place.

That put us in a play-off semi final against Morecambe, and having stolen a late draw at Westgate, we scored early back at Park Lane to put us ahead on aggregate and from then we defended magnificently to book our place at Wembley. Mansfield overcame Chester in the other semi, so it was them we would face. They looked likely to overwhelm us in the first half hour, but we conceded only once and came roaring back in the second half, Mark Hartmann equalising from 25 yards before serial substitute Phil Parkin nabbed a winner three minutes from time.

League Positions Graph

FA Trophy

Nothing remarkable in this and to be honest I was quite glad when Forest Green scored an 89th minute winner against us as the last thing I wanted was another replay during a period when our fixture congestion was getting out of control.

FA Cup

The wonderful, money spinning machine that is the FA Cup. It almost didn't happen as we had to fight back from 3-1 down to force a replay against Braintree in the first round, but once we had beaten Morecambe in round two it was time to pray for the big boys. That didn't quite happen, but we dispatched Luton after a replay and did the same for Hull but without the need for a second go. Finally we got our draw, Newcastle away, and though we lost 4-0, we made half a million from the game and the run as a whole helped us post profits this season not far short of a million pounds.

Transfers

I think what proved to be key in this department was managing to pick up a number of players who had been released by League sides. Philip Appiah, John Mousinho, Kostas Tsioukas and others were sent packing by their clubs higher up the food chain, and they brought with them that extra level of schooling that served us well. I took a chance in dumping £12,000 in installments for Truro winger Nathan Woolfe and it didn't really pay off; he signed a one year deal and won't be getting a renewal this summer.

Key Players

As with last season, there can be only one star in here and his name is James Foster. An absolutely stunning season, curtailed by injury, James has fired his way into the record books as the club's leading league goalscorer in just two years with us and I'm starting to become convinced that he can be a real asset at League Two level.

Former Swindon trainee Mark Hartmann continued to impress me and now has over thirty assists in the three seasons that I've been at the club, but the most creative award for this campaign went to French winger Lassana Sidibé, whose pace caused problems for many a defence.

Honourable mentions should also go to Kyle Wilson, who returned from injury just in time to ensure that we held onto our play-off place; John Mousinho, whose versatility proved invaluable and Matty Darlow, our goalscoring centre back who proved to be rock solid as well and a good choice as a back up captain.

Next Season

Stay up. It's going to be massively difficult, though hopefully the cash from the FA Cup run this year will reduce the financial burden a little. I'm pinning many of my hopes on James Foster returning successfully from injury and scoring enough to keep us afloat. It's a lot of eggs in a small basket, but it has to be done.

Career Overview

Season League Final Pos. Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nuneaton Town
2010/11 Blue Square North 5th Lost in play-off semi final
2011/12 Blue Square North 12th Sacked 11 games into the season

Canvey Island
2012/13 Blue Square South 10th None
2013/14 Blue Square South 4th Promoted via play-offs
2014/15 Blue Square Premier 3rd Promoted via play-offs

Congrats Terk. Thought about getting Sidibe myself before. Right midfield is probably the weakest position on my entire team.

This guy, Ashley Dunkley just came through my youth system, looks like he'll slot straight into my first team, looks amazing for this level!

Yeah he looks really good. I had a guy as soon as I got to the club but since then i've had no one good come through at all. Could use some to be honest. Love playing youth players.

Great start to the premier league :D

we even out played them

I have had a problem to do with my stadium though. it was expanded in the summer but it still only has 1819 seats and due to the premier league rule where you can't have fans standing means for the whole of this season i can only have a max attendance of 1819:mad:, i've asked the board and they say "the board assure you there are plans afoot to expand the stadium"

What makes this even stranger is that i have over 4800 season ticket holders, so 3000 are going to be disappointed:confused:

They still have you playing at GGL :X Hope you get a new stadium soon.

Yer hopefully i'll get a new stadium at the end of this season. I haven't been given the best starting fixtures in the premiership (positions from last season in brackets):

Chelsea (h) (3rd)

Burnley (a) (12th)

Man City (h) (2nd)

Arsenal (a) (1st)

although i managed a win against Chelsea and i managed to get 2 lucky draws against Burnley and Man City

Sutton United: Season 2011/12

Media Prediction: 23rd

Final Position: 21st (Relegated to Blue Square South)

Squad

Never signed anyone who was a stand-out, best players were probably Adam Phillip who I got on loan from Chelsea and Ashley Dunkley, a good youth product who wants to leave, so I'm trying to sell him to Llanelli for £250k. Kept the same tactics as last year.

Finances

Improved a bit thanks to cash injections from the board, and reaching the 1st round of the FA Cup. Hopefully selling Dunkley will help me out.

Transfers

Didn't really help, made a profit though I suppose :D.

Links

Club Information

Manager Profile

Overview

[b]Season     League                 Position     Notes
[/b]2010/11    Blue Square South      5th          Promoted via play-offs
2011/12    Blue Square Premier    21st         Relegated

Archived