dafuge's FM10 challenge

Truro City FC - Blue Square South - 2010/11

Media Prediction: 22th

Actual Position : 8th

Predicted to finish last, and based on the difficulty I had signing players (I've managed Blue Square Regional sides before but never a newly promoted one) I thought I'd be in for a massive fight for safety. Started well, unbeaten in our first 9 (albeit with a decent amount of draws), then went on a horrible run of 10 or so games without a win. After that, we played at about the level we finished at, better than the majority of the league, but just not up there with the top dogs. Maybe with a few signings next year, we can go up.

League Table

FA Cup

Happened to come in around our horrible patch without a win, and despite getting one home win, we soon got stuffed by lower opposition

FA Trophy

Much the same really, although at least the opposition were a team who eventually finished higher than me in the league. Bad cup performances have resulted in an ever increasing debt of 235 k that I need to try my best to minimise next season, hopefully improved cup performances can help that.

Transfers

Signed up the best I could find with a limited number of players showing interest. Need to beef up my scouting knowledge really.

Squad

I'll only be looking to keep about half of these for next year.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        8th        None

Next Season

Promotion and balancing the books please, not always a duo that are easy to combine.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good update kaNovi, shame about the CL again. I'm finding it quite easy to keep winning it on my save, the only teams who are even tricky to beat are the English ones, and I rarely seem to encounter them. Even the likes of Barca, Real and AC Milan are rubbish! Having said all that I'll probably bottle it this season now!

Good job CSF, good luck next season

FM10 Small Club to Big Club Challenge All-Stars Challenge - Sign-up Stage

Just a bit of an advert for something that involves people playing this challenge.

Basically, a team is being created using players from the various challenges in this forum. It needs submissions from this challenge to make up a significant part of the team.

I'm going to try and enter some of my FM09 Dartford team, along with some of my Tooting team once I've got a bit further into my game.

Have a look and see what you think.

FM10 Small Club to Big Club Challenge All-Stars Challenge - Sign-up Stage

Just a bit of an advert for something that involves people playing this challenge.

Basically, a team is being created using players from the various challenges in this forum. It needs submissions from this challenge to make up a significant part of the team.

I'm going to try and enter some of my FM09 Dartford team, along with some of my Tooting team once I've got a bit further into my game.

Have a look and see what you think.

Looks good, shame I don't have a save from when the previous generation of my team were really in their pomp, as that was probably one of the best sides I've ever had. I've kept the save from right after we completed the challenge, and obviously I have the save where we are now, but the best came in between the two. If I can crack on a couple more seasons then perhaps the guys I have now will reach the same level and I'll enter them :thup:

Vidal does look nice.. and theres problary potential for alot of improvement when he joins your club! But take a look at hamiltons Brennan.. i think it would be difficult to replace him up front

Mmm, see where you are going lol. But to look on a bright side, he is already 7 years older...

Dafuge; were the stats of Roberts any good? Or did he just score without being the best qua stats?

Just finished the first pre-season. Won 3 Lost 2 Drew 1. I think i will struggle the first season as my front line is pretty poor. Got a strong back 4 what has been boosted by free agents coming in. Also hired a scout as i did not have one already at a club.

I have also bought my friend in real life Ben snee. :)

How do you change the coach who gives you backroom advice?

I think different coaches give different advice based on their strengths. I remember being advised to sign one with good man management skills to get better advice on dealing with my players.

Second Season Shitness Syndrome strikes again. Things initially looked good, taking 7 points from the opening 3 games and playing well, but then it ground to a halt and we took only five points in our next eight matches and the board saw fit to sack me. Given that this is the second time this has happened at roughly the same point in the second season, you have to put two and two together and come up with the answer that I'm **** in the transfer market at this level.

As I've mentioned a few times, I've not been doing too well with the finances, often putting the club in huge debt with my transfers. Last season I reached an all-time low of £40m in debt, which became £20m once all the prize money had come in. Even with the big money sales recently, a lot of it was spreadd over four years and £40m of it is dependant on Javier scoring another 21 league goals.

With my aim of a new stadium, I needed to get the finances sorted so I've taken fairly drastic action.

Possibly the biggest transfer window in our history.

All of the fees are straight up, no clauses, so this means my balance is now £75m, although I have zero transfer budget. There's no doubt my squad is weaker for it, but it has made a huge difference to my balance, and my wages. You can see here how much a lot of these players were earning.

Here's what has happened:

Out: Stephen Agbo

In: Valerio Motta

Reasons: Agbo is constantly wanting a new challenge and costs me a bomb in signing on fees. He's getting on a bit and it was nice to make a reasonable profit by bringning in a younger replacement who looks almost as good.

Out: Pol Sesma

In: Emilio Sacchi

Reasons: my scouts spotted this youngster and I knew I needed him. As a replacement for my star striker, the profit was well worth it. It is a shame to lose Sesma, but £50m is a lot of money.

Out: Juan José Dorta

In: Greg Scales

Reasons: Dorta has been disappointing and didn't always get in the team, again I've made a huge profit and cut the wages.

Out: Sebastian Engelmann

In: Geoff Bowles

Reasons: £30m is a lot for Engelmann, who is probably my third choice striker. Bowles is technically not a transfer, as he came through my youth team, but I have to make room for him as he looks great.

Hopefully we will not suffer too much in the upcoming season but I think this will benefit us in the long run.

I think different coaches give different advice based on their strengths. I remember being advised to sign one with good man management skills to get better advice on dealing with my players.

Im getting the same message right now, but i signed a good management guy but the message keeps coming up?

I think you have done some nice transfers there especially the Agbo/Motta trade , initially you would problary struggle offloading them all in the same season, but in the long run its problary the right decision! You think that your squad is strong enough to win the league again ?

Terk im sorry to see you get sacked :( Whats next then? are you gonna try again?

I think you have done some nice transfers there, initially you would problary struggle offloading them all in the same season, but in the long run its problary the right decision! You think that your squad is strong enough to win the league again ?

I think so, although it will be close. We coped with losing Javier, so I'm hoping we can do it again. As long as one of the strikers (probably Sacchi) scores around 30 goals the rest of the team should be pretty much as usual.

Terk im sorry to see you get sacked :( Whats next then? are you gonna try again?

Waiting for a job at one of the clubs in the OP list to come free. Oh, and Nuneaton ended the season in 13th place, so in 31 games the new boss managed to take them up one place. Hope they get relegated next season :D

2019/20 - Hendon - BSP

All I can ask for is progression. All I want is progression. What I get is actually one foot forward, two steps back shenanigans.

Media Prediction: 14th

Actual Finish: 11th

League Graph

I can accept an 11th place finish because it's near enough where we finished last season. The whole one step forward thing is when we got a win, it was often followed a draws or losses until we hit an excellent run of form near the end, winning eight games on the trot to secure ourselves as a mid-table club.

Transfers

Squad

Cups

League Cup - We followed on from our fine FA Cup run last year by knocking out Championship side Cardiff after extra time. As luck would have it, we drew Blackburn in the next round and stumbled to a respectable loss.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - More heroics from the lads! This time, our victime were Bristol Rovers (as they were in our first ever League Cup match) and we overcame them on penalties. Oxford brought us back down to earth with a three-nil thumping.

FA Cup - Last year's heroics were not to be as we couldn't overcome fellow League 2 side Yeovil.

Key Players

Curtis Osano - He had an absolutely brilliant season as a newcomber, contributing 7 goals and 7 assists. Fans Play of the Year in a phenominal season for him.

Jamie Callaghan - Finally found his feet this year after struggling for much of last year. Top scorer with 25 goals whilst laying on a further 9. Great season.

Andy McGarvey - He's been at the club for lord knows how long now but he's managed to find his way into the first team - what a big contribution he made. 10 goals and 6 assists capped off a brilliant season for the Northern Irish international.

Luca Santonicito - Entering his tenth season now and capped off his ninth marvellously with a massive 14 assists! Club captain and definitely not out of my first team plans yet.

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          1st            BSN Champions
2011/12    Blue Square Premier       23rd            Relegated
2012/13    Blue Square North          1st            BSN Champions
2013/14    Blue Square Premier       15th            None
2014/15    Blue Square Premier        9th            None
2015/16    Blue Square Premier        5th            Promoted through playoffs
2016/17        League 2              18th            None
2017/18        League 2              16th            None
2018/19        League 2              10th            FA Cup run until fourth round.
2019/20        League 2              11th            None

Going well in the BSP with 7 games to go I'm currently second 4 points above 6th. but Shrewsbury are running away with the league and are 17 points ahead of me. Hopefully I will be able to hold onto my playoff position.

Unlucky Terk at least the AI manager did no better.

Cheers, Liverbird :) Good luck with the the play-offs, should you manage to hold on.

Question: Given that I'm now collecting a dole cheque, I obviously want a new job. Clearly the club I take over has to have been promoted to the BSN/BSS, but my question is this, do they have to be in their first season at this level or could they have been promoted in the first season of the game? For example, Farsley were promoted in 09/10, whilst Holiday Man was doing his gardening, and are still in the BSN, whereas Truro were promoted to the BSS in the season just past, 2011/12. Could I theoretically take control of either?

Oh, and I've had an offer from Altrincham, but they're BSP all the way, far too lofty for the likes of me so they got told where to go :D

I want to continue with the same profile though, rather than start fresh.

Anyway, the problem has just solved itself. In the middle of October 2012, I've just been approached by Canvey Island. Newly promoted to the Blue Square South, they got impatient very quickly, sacking their manager after he took just one point from 8 games. They won their next game with no one in charge and then offered me a 3 year deal which I readily accepted. 21st in the league, this could be tough :D

Nice, good luck :)

I havent bought a player the last 2 seasons but this season it seems like the injuries are really hitting me hard and i thought that i might take a look at the transfer market to get a good midfielder in. Then i noticed that there are actually not even one really good MR. I have my own MR who is okay but not that good? but in my game hes the best one :o

That might also explain why Canham already got capped this much, as i dont think he looks that good..

That's quite a transfer window dafuge! Makes me wonder how much we could bring in if we were to sell some of the big names off. I know I could have got £40m for the DR who ran down his contract, as it was rejecting that offer that made him decide to do that.

Good luck with Canvey, Terk :)

cannot believe what just happened. The first leg was away at Barrow and we just got absolutely stuffed 5-0. Thats promotion down the drain.

:( to bad !!

It happenes sometimes.. ived had it happened to me a couple of times where i should be dominating or at least not losing.. and i loose with 4-5-6 goals.. its terrible!

He does look good daf, but 10mil ?? thats alot of money for a 15 year old!

I've raked in £172m through player sales this summer, I can afford it :cool:

theres financially control for ya' :D, werent you supposed to save your money hehe :p

Will be exiting to see how he develops, i think its always hard to judge potential when they are that young

theres financially control for ya' :D, werent you supposed to save your money hehe :p

Will be exiting to see how he develops, i think its always hard to judge potential when they are that young

It is hard to get them to meet their potential without giving them games, which is hard in the Premier League.

I now have four top young strikers of various ages, I really need to choose two:

Geoff Bowles (0.5/3)

Adam Bowditch (2.5/3)

Emilio Sacchi (3/3)

Jon Punal (0.5/3)

(CA/PA stars)

Saachi is clearly the best, Punal could become the best and Bowles came through my own youth team. Bowditch isn't bad either. I think all four could become brilliant, but I need to decide who to give the chances to.

They all look pretty good! Dont you think it would be to early to start playing Punal in the PRL?

I usually tend to play my own youth products more than the prospects i have bought, and i think you could do the same with Bowles, he does look quite good! But then again they all do :)

My big hope Bowler Has improved drasticly after about 10games last season + a tutoring. He has the potential to become a club legend for sure ! Although i would have liked for him to score some more goals!

Finally got round to playing my first game with Canvey and my right winger opened the scoring directly from a corner. First time that's ever happened to me in FM. And to make it better, it bounced in off the underside of the crossbar :D

We went on to lose 4-1 though, and it was against another struggling side, Weymouth, who hadn't won in 5 :(

Bilyletdinov7 it's not too late. Come on in and have fun.

Also I seem to have hit a mid season slump in January with Boston. Sat at the top of the table most of the season though and have got a FA Trophy 3rd round game coming up against Chester.

I have to ask, how the hell are people getting out of the BSN/BSS, let alone completing the bloody challenge? This is one of the most rock solidly difficult things I've tried in years. Probably since my many seasons of futility at Leigh RMI in CM01/02.

I have to ask, how the hell are people getting out of the BSN/BSS, let alone completing the bloody challenge? This is one of the most rock solidly difficult things I've tried in years. Probably since my many seasons of futility at Leigh RMI in CM01/02.

I just signed the best players I could and formed a decent tactic.

Archived