dafuge

dafuge's FM10 challenge

8,433 posts in this topic

Well just played a few friendlys & they have been going pretty well, signed a few players that my scouts have suggested to me & pretty pleased with the state of the squad right now. Even have my first international signing after taking a young Bulgarian striker on trial before signing him shortly after. Will post some screenshots of transfers etc in a post when I have completed pre season but will post my profile pic below.

Manager Profile

Right, have given in and started to holiday, done the custom database thing to keep the game going better once the challenge is completed, although my current computer has a speed rating of just HALF a star.....

Into October now in my quest to glory with FC United. Doing magnificently, currently sitting in 4th place with 4 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss. Sadly, my best player, Keatings got injured on the first game of the month and wont be back into action till midwaythrough this month, we've definitely been missing him. Through to the 3rd qualifying round for the FA Cup also which is good..overall September was a very good month so its looking good.

Unlucky, playoff loses always hit hard :( You'll be in a much better position to do it next year though.

I think I'm in a situation where I need to get promoted in one season. My wage budget is going to cripple the team in the long run. Glad I had the wage for Malcolm Christie though. He got a hat trick in the last match and is one away in the current one!

Hmm, it seems I didn't save my game last night before going to bed (dunno how though since the warning message pops up to say the game isn't saved - must have been my sleep deprived brain getting it's revenge).

Pretty annoying as my results had started to pick up, but I've lost 3 months of play and it's just too much. :( :(

Will start a new game shortly.

Can someone please upload a save game on the 24th or 25th June for me to play please? I really doubt my PC will be able to complete that holiday in any less than 4 hours lol

Just thrashed St Albans 6-1, with 2 goal of the month contenders :D

I'm loving this game - every single time we score, it's like we've won the World Cup or something.

Hendon 2009/2019 Pre-Season Report

Well after finally getting the club I wanted to manage after around 70 reloads I quickly set out in reviewing my squad, all in all I wasn't that confident in the ability of my squad, especially in defence & up front so these were the two areas I decided to upgrade first. The first step in bringing these players in was to appoint two scouts because the club had none when I took over, I quickly appointed two who were pretty average but have 14 & 13 for there judging potential stat, my trust will go into these a fair bit in finding players from the leagues around me.

My first signings were two centre backs in the shape of Ryan Moran from Braintree & Tony Sinclair from Woking, neither strike me as potential football league players but I certainly feel they can do a job in the BSN, perhaps the BSP but time will tell. I then stepped up to take a few players who were released by clubs, a young striker who was released by Wycombe was signed going by the name of Daniel Fitchett, this signing pleased me more then the previous two as I really think he has the potential to be be a backup striker for a league 2 side in the future so definately think he will get goals in the BSN for me this season.

I then started to get some scout reports back & noticed a few Scottish players were rated as potential league 2 players, I quickly had a look at these players and decided to make bids on a goalkeeper called Connor Fairley who will provide good competition & most likely become my number one very soon. I lost out in signing my second target as he opted to goto a league two side but after a couple of weeks of negotiations I was able to bring in the 3rd Scottish target I wanted, Sean Fitzharris is a 19 year old striker, whilst he doesn't appear to be ready right now I have high hopes he will improve as the season goes on. Both players I signed from north of the border came from the Celtic youth squad so I have high hopes they will have the required potential to do well for a league 2 side in the future, hopefully Hendon!

I moved quickly to also bring in some full backs as my squad was very short on adequate quality in those positions, Ashley Lynch, Paul Keddle & Ben Morris will fight it out for the 2 full back positions. Also signed was young attacknig midfielder Staforde Palmer to add some depth to my central midfield positions, he can also play up front if needed so is a much needed versitile player for us.

However the signing I am most pleased about came in the shape of 19 year old Bulgarian striker Zahari Krastev who popped up in a search for young strikers, no doubt I have my coach Boncho Genchev to thank for the possibility that he was interested in signing for Hendon. The first hurdle was my inability to scout the player so I quickly offered a trial to the striker which thankfully he accepted & I immediately put a contract offer in once he was at the club, my coaches believe he is BSP standard so far & has the potential to be a league 2 striker so my hopes are he can fire us to glory in the coming season.

Transfer History

Krastev Trial

Can't wait to get home and play my game . Doing very well , im top of the league and beat Grays from teh BSP 1:0 in the FA Cup 4th rnd qualification game and got Ossett Town in the first round :D .

Just signed "Super Kyle" to my Dartford squad :D

after 9 min. he scores!

31 min. penalty-goal from Kyle.

I have got to find a new left defender mine seems to enjoy getting hurt every other game.

I like this little sentence in the news:

"Oxford City will have to face the likes of Forest Green, Dover and Woking if they are to go all the way and win the FA Cup"

Yes, I forgot that the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd are vastly inferior to these non-league giants :rolleyes:

I thought that at first, however it is simply providing you with a list of some of the best teams in the next round ;)

Not bad not bad, been holidaying for about 10 minutes now and in mid-September, maybe this will go faster than I thought :D. Won't play much today though, off to a few parties tonight :D

Game just crashed. Am going to start again one last time and get a team I feel I can get attached to ala Marine.

Carshalton 2010-11 Season Review BSS - 6th Place

An ok season, did better than I asked for, and were in the playoff hunt until after the final day, but unfortunately Woking beat champions Forest Green to get the final playoff spot.

Transfers: http://i35.tinypic.com/2e3a5ib.jpg

Finances: http://i34.tinypic.com/10sdx7k.jpg

League Table: http://i37.tinypic.com/167vz4j.jpg

Am now a lot in the red, and it is hard to make money in this division, so, from having 1.5k spare budget in wages, I am now £800 over it. Could do with a takeover or some cup success, arranged some friendlies to make money.

Hopefully I can get promoted this season.

Gilbster you are a legend! Thanks :D I would suggest Dafuge putting a link to a save game in the OP to be honest :/

Can someone please upload a save game on the 24th or 25th June for me to play please? I really doubt my PC will be able to complete that holiday in any less than 4 hours lol

There are a few saves from 25th June in post #206 that may interest you.

There are a few saves from 25th June in post #206 that may interest you.

Thanks but Gilbster just uploaded a 24th save game, so I can do my own reloading, thanks anyway :)

Yep, thanks Gilbster for that!

Nps - Marine - since you mentioned Marine, here is a save with them, that I posted at the top of page 3 of this thread, along with some other saves!

I really want to finish this this year, have never got past the 2nd season, on 2008 I had a save with Billericay Town, but got annoyed with losing in the play-off semis 2 years running but stupid goals lol

Thats odd, wonder why that didnt work then.

A quick update from me, struggling just as much with Horsham, just cant seem to get anything right at the moment on FM10. Languishing in the relegation zone with over half the season done.

Ouch 3 games in and all 4 of my strikers are injured already, also conceeded 4 penaltys which have led to losing all 3 games, fun times!

Thats unlucky, how far did you get on 2009 again? I am downloading the Tooting+Mitcham game, as they are quite close to me :D

Thats unlucky, how far did you get on 2009 again? I am downloading the Tooting+Mitcham game, as they are quite close to me :D

In just over 50 seasons I got Eastwood up to the premiership and never completed the challenge. Did spend 10 years in each of both the BSN/S and BSP and had a couple of relegations before bouncing back up again and things.

However not going to be able to even come close if I cant stay up in the first season, and yes I'm fairly sure its my tactics!

Yeah that was part of the reason I gave it up, that and Gundo's challenge was calling to me even more. This year I cant see it being as much of a problem, because I will eventually be on my new laptop running Windows 7 so the game should fly. Its runnning fast on this desktop too though!

No I didn't install through Steam, do I need the patch do you think?

Yes. Not just so the updates work, but it will improve the game massively for you.

No I didn't install through Steam, do I need the patch do you think?

Yes, you will need the patch as Gilbster's save is on 10.1 and save games are not backwards patch compatiable :thup:

OK thanks, thing is, I just deleted the save games, so I have to re-download those as well :(:(:( I will download the patch now then :D

Just finished the holiday season and Spurs finished 2nd! :o

Cant decide whether to start the game on my lap top with 4 stars but it lacks a bit in the pitch, or with my other computer with only half a star but no lack in the pitch...