• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carshalton Blue Square Premier 2011/2012

Predicted: 23rd

Finished: 1st

League Table

League Table Graph

The season started out good, and from comparing my squad with other squads in BSP, I was hoping to be fighting for a play-off spot. The media prediction, however, wasn’t that optimistic – ajuging us to end up 23rd. We never really dropped behind, throughout our season, the lowest position noted was in round 20 - a 8th. Come end of the season we secured the 1st place with one round to go

We also managed to go all the way in the FA Trophy, beating Kettering 2-0 in our first outing on Wembley. May in not be our last :) . To get to the final we beat Kidderminster, Luton, Dover and arch rivals AFC Wimbledon

Transfers: During the first transfer window I brought in 9 new faces, which of 6 made it in to the starting 11 regularly for the season. During the second window we brought in 2 more players, but they both failed to break into the regular 11. I have – of course – not spent any money on transfer yet. There simply haven’t been any funds available. But I managed to sell off Fabio Ferreira for £22K – my first, and up to now only, sale.

FINANCES – just keeping below wage budget, but still numbers are diving into red.

Some players hung up their boots this season. Darren Bernard who during season first provided many many assists from delivering corners and freekicks, was considered too slow for playing on a regular basis in the BSP. He did, however, make some appearences, and then often smashing home freekicks or provide assists. Paul Furlong also hung up the boots. At the age of 43 he still played an important role for the team, sitting just behind the two strikers providing through balls for them to work on.

Next Season. I need to work on the players wages – renewing some contracts, as their promotion wage rise clauses really blew the squad wage bill sky high, and I now have no funds for getting new players. It will be very interesting to see if I’ll be able to make these changes, and to see if I’ll be able to bring in new faces required to stay up next season.

Hi guys, in need of some help; I've been offered the England job mutliple times, I click to accept every time, and then nothing. It's happened at least 5 times. What's going on?
Bug fixed by 10.2 :(

I'll drag this up again, is there any way to get round this without installing the patch? I've tried but the patch won't install on my machine so other methods would be good.

Got a midfielder retiring aged 33, hasn't really broken into the team, so guess it is right for him.

End of my second season in the Championship, finished 17th and 18th respectively, yet well clear of relegation. Hope to make bigger steps next season, at least make the top half.

So building a team for the Premiership is fun, it's rather worrying that my ass. manager rates my second best Striker as Decent League One Striker. Teams are now making me pay to loan players, a centre back I was after went to AC Milan instead whilst the winger Saunders I had on loan last season decided to sign for Championship Watford rather than me, possibly because they doubled his wages, and my left winger Dario who appears to be my best player has now attracted the attention of Inter Milan.

On the plus side I've managed to bring Darren Fletcher, Pablo Zabaleta and Michael Knightly all in on free's whilst they are now 35, 35 and 33 years old they should be able to do the business for this season at least.

I still need to bring in some left sided players and possibly a striker and a centre back.

I also got the highest rated Academy kid so far, it's a shame his two stars only give him a Decent League One Potential :(

NUNEATON FIRST SEASON: BLUE SQUARE NORTH

Predicted: 6th

Finished: 1st

League Table

I believe that I did very well in the league, i was on top from about January onwards, although I did lose some games I really should of been winning.

Squad

Although I belive that i have a very good all rounded squad, I will need to strengthen it for the Blue Square Premier, probably a new striker, winger and maybe goalkeeper.

Nuneaton Finances

As you can see my finances have gradually been going down for a while now, hopefully me winning the league should provide me with some money.

KEY PLAYERS

Aaron Brown

Great strong centre back, domiant in the air and got me goals when i needed them

Joss Labadie

A rock in midfield, didnt let anything pass and set up a few goals, will try and get him on a permanent, but it will be hard.

Lateef Elford-Alliyu

Top Goalscorer for me, he would of got even more if he hadn't of been injured towards the end of the season.

NEXT SEASON

I will try and get some more players for next season, I think I can stay up next season, so Onwards and Upwards!!!

Devastated....

I'd started as Sutton manager Sutton Supremo

Didn't bother reporting my first season, although I was predicted to finish 21st and finished 12th (so I suppose its a mini achievment!!)

Lost untolds of money over the season, even though the board was delighted with my wage control.

Because of all the money losses, my chairman decided to step down and a consortium took over resulting in a transfer embargo

Incidently, I've read in other posts about ex-players taking over clubs.......... look who I got Helveg Hell!!

Anyway, I managed to win him over and kept my job, strenghtened the squad, started the season and was doing well, in the play off places, until.........

CRASH DUMP!!

reloaded the game, played one of the half dozen games I'd "lost" and then.....

CRASH DUMP :(

So, I guess thats the end of that for me, I'll have to start again, this time I've downloaded patch 10.2 and I'll see how I get on.....

....devastated!!

(Incidentally, if I've suffered a crash dump, is it ok to just install the patch into my FM, or should I do a complete uninstall /re-install of FM2010??)

Hopefully I've now build up a squad that will survive in the Premiership - I've spent £30m on 14 players - most of that is spread over 48months, (I'll be paying ~£500K p/m in transfer fees for the next 48th months) but we now have two players per position and just the one person on loan in addition everyone I paid money for is under 20 so if we do go down I should be able to sell them for more than I paid.

Boston United - Season 6 - Premiership - 2015/2016

Media Prediction - 2oth

Final Position - 5th

FA Cup - Semi Final

Carling Cup - Winners

League Table

Position Graph

Transfers

Finances

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Started the season great and found myself in the European places. Picked up some unbeaten runs and cemented myself in there for the rest of the season. Had a few blips here and there with losses. Lost my last two games against Chelsea and Arsenal to find myself 5th instead of in the Champions League.

In the cups I surpassed expectations and managed to get to the Semi Final of the FA Cup. Got beaten by Man City who lost to Man Utd in the Final. Had to have a replay with Everton and City won the tie with us after drawing 2-2 and winning on pens. In the Carling Cup I had a nice run and went to the Final. Beat Aston Villa 3-1 to get my first real quality trophy.

Made afew key transfers this year. Got in some nice signings who contributed well. Keys were Ashley Cole on a free and Victor Anichebe. Alan Hutton also did well for me and so too really all the signing where I paid over a mil for them. The cheaper ones are for the future.

Got linked to the Fulham and West Ham jobs. Declined of course. Cole was made captain and Paz my VC. Had to stick him out on the right wing but planning to address that this season so he can move into the centre.

Anichebe finished 3rd in scoring in the Prem with 18 goals. I was 3rd choice for Manger of the Year and Anichebe managed to get a sub spot in the Team of the Year. Ashley Cole managed to get the Goal of the Season.

To top it all off, I've got a new stadium in the works.:)

Awards

Manager of Season

Team of Year

Top Goalscorer

Goal of Season

League               Season    Finished  Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square North    10/11       1st    Champions
Blue Square Premier  11/12       1st    Champions
League Two           12/13       1st    Champions
League One           13/14       1st    Champions, JPT Winners
Championship         14/15       1st    Champions
Premiership          15/16       5th    Carling Cup Winners

Dartford - Blue Square Premier - 2014/2015

League: 4th; promoted (view)

FA Cup: Second Round

FA Trophy: Third Round

All year long, we were in contention for the championship spot, and we even occupied top spot for a month or two. However, it was towards the end of the season that our old habits began surfacing -- inconsistent performances resulted in a slip to 4th place. No biggie, however, since we were able to pip Cambridge City and Mansfield in the playoffs (we had an epic late equalizer against Mansfield that brought us into extra time, where another late goal proved to be the winning goal :D).

The cup runs this year were more eye-catching than the previous years'; we managed to beat League One side MK Dons on our way to the FA Cup Second Round, where we unluckily lost to Rushden & Diamonds. In the FA Trophy, we cruised into the Third Round, where we were expected to make mincemeat out of Fleetwood (whom we had earlier thrashed 10-0 in the league), but we "didn't turn up" and ended up losing 0-2.

Next year's goal is to establish ourselves in the mid-table mediocrity of League Two, and to avoid, at all costs, being relegated.

Usually i play him DMC.. sometimes ML.. Where would you play him? i think that his workrate/stamina/strength all speak for him to be a DMC.

Congratz on your Cup win and new stadium! impressive history

Yeah I would think DM is his best position. If his Acc and Bal were higher I'd be tempted to play him as a ML but his other stats make him not far off developing into a quality DM so would focus training on that.

Overdid the spending a bit this summer. Got my trouble positions filled but spent way too much money. Was going for quality though so had to be expected. :( Also signed a nice striker from Brazil who'll be coming in the next summer. Sent out my two Spanish kids on loan. Had Juventus and some top division Spanish, Italian, and some English sides interested. Just makes me now they'll be good. :D Missed out one particular player though who would have been a steal at 3m, Craig Cathcart. He developed well. Meant I had to do the trick of leaving spaces in the registrations for the Europa and the Prem as I couldn't find enough quality English players and some of my younger first team players aren't yet homegrown. Gonna take screenies later and post them.

Managed to get in Sinan Bolat, Adebayor(free), and Quaresma(free) from the original players.

Yeah I would think DM is his best position. If his Acc and Bal were higher I'd be tempted to play him as a ML but his other stats make him not far off developing into a quality DM so would focus training on that.

I've got a couple of promising DM/MLCs come up from the youths aswell, how weird. Training them both as wingers though :thup:

I have none. :D Only League One standard players being churned out. Can't improve anything either until the stadium's finished so have to buy young players and keep them long enough to be HG.

I've had 3 players come through my youth system aside from the latest bunch (since I upgraded) who went on to play in the Premier League, and a few more who have been capped for Wales. I think at a rough count it was 7 or 8. Not that it's tough to be capped for Wales on this game - their U19s/U21s are basically my academy :p

Kingstonian (2029/2030) Challenge completed

Premier League Prediction - 4

Premier League Position - 1

Table

Graph

Summary

Finally !! :) after 20 years of hard work: Challenge completed after last years Champions League win and this years Premier League win !

League

First of all, this win could have been much greater. Look at the draws we got, 12 draws is just not good enough and what happened here was that almost every game

i was in control winning 2-0 or something like that. at about 70 minutes in the opponent score and of course they score in 90+. this happened so many times you wont believe it.

I started the season out by buying 3 big players spending a whooping 76m euro in transfers including a historic 38m signing of Milanovic.

This saw is getting in the red for the first time since the early Championship days. So this year i went all in trying to win the league.

We immidiately rose to the top of the league and it soon became clear that Chelsea was the team to beat this year. With 10 games left everything was an open game and the title could have gone either way

i was terrified that it would come down to a last matchday Champion like two years ago when Chelsea took the Title in the very last minute of the season and left me without the trophy.

But this year it didnt happen and with two games remaining Chelsea lost to Arsenal and gave us the trophy :)

Last year i got my revenge over City, this year Chelsea :) now all i need is the revenge against Aston Villa :p

Champions League

Easily got trough the group stage and met big Real Madrid in the first knockout round

The most ridicouless game i have ever witness was my semi-final first leg encounter with Sevilla. This SS speaks for it self

Going all in in the rematch unfortunaly wasnt enough, we won 4-1 :( and this was the end of the competetion this year.

In the other cups i drew big teams and played with my second team and lost out pretty early.

Because of my completion of the challenge i will now post the whole team:

Squad

Gk Adam BIO

DR Rodrigo BIO

DL Silva BIO

DC Ivanov BIO

DC Marx BIO

DMC Robson no bio(own ranks)

AMC Milanovic BIO

MR Galan BIO

ML Olaizola BIO

ST Escobar BIO

ST Casado BIO

Backups/rotation players/other youth prospects from own ranks:

Burke (Own ranks)

Marquinhos BIO

Kuipers BIO

Canham (Own Ranks)

Elliot (Own Ranks)

Vieira BIO

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:

Im gonna carry on like always trying to become more dominant. This year i will try to build a CHL+PL winning squad with my own youth products only!

I think this is a real opportunity as i have never had such a good youth academy as i do in this safe. Every year it seems like i get at least one great prospect promoted.

Right now i dont think i will do a "double" as i did last year when i took both Boreham Wood and Osset town to the crown, but i might consider it later on after a break i usually take.

Ps. thx for you guys interest in my game! especially SnakeXe, i believe i owed you one , hehe.

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     2010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
Blue Square South     2011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
Blue Square Premier   2012/13   5th       Playoff semi-final losers 
Blue Square Premier   2013/14   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions
League Two            2014/15   2nd       JPT Winners, Promotion
League One            2015/16   13th      none
League One	      2016/17   2nd	  Promotion
Championship	      2017/18   14th	  none
Championship	      2018/19   12th	  none
Championship	      2019/20   5th	  Playoff semi-final losers
Championship	      2020/21   5th	  Playoff final losers
Championship	      2021/22   1st	  Championship Champions
Premier League	      2022/23   10th	  none
Premier League	      2023/24   14th	  FA Cup semi-finalist
Premier League	      2024/25   13th	  FA Cup Winners
Premier League	      2025/26   9th	  none
Premier League	      2026/27   7th	  none
Premier League	      2027/28   2nd	  Uefa Cup Semi-finals, FA Cup Final
Premier League	      2028/29   4th	  [b]Champions League Winners[/b]
Premier League	      2029/30   1st	  [b]Premier League Champions  - CHALLENGE COMPLETED[/b]

I'll drag this up again, is there any way to get round this without installing the patch? I've tried but the patch won't install on my machine so other methods would be good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillCarruthers viewpost.gif

Hi guys, in need of some help; I've been offered the England job mutliple times, I click to accept every time, and then nothing. It's happened at least 5 times. What's going on?

Quote:

Originally Posted by minisav viewpost.gif

Bug fixed by 10.2 :(

Anyone!? don't make me go to GD:(

Mini Update: Dartford BSS 2010/2011

October/November

After 17 games I have 20 points and sit 14th in the league, which is a bit less than I had hoped for at this stage. Should have about 5 or 6 more points really, which would have put me in play-off positions. I would be there if it wasn't for conceeding quite a few goals in the last 10-15mins of games.

A 4-1 win over Concord Rangers put me into the FA cup 4th rnd qualifying which I then lost to Tonbridge 1-0 putting me out of the FA Cup. Out of FA Trophy in 3rd qualifying rnd aswell, so just the league to focus on now.

A few more transfers in... the pick of which is on loan striker from Millwall John Marquis who has 2 in 2 so far will be a loss when his 3 months are up.

First signings has been made. Really was in need to fill my team with England based players since I had problems the minimum of players trained.

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (€ 800K - dutch fameeeeee! hope he still can score a couple of goals)

Joleon Lescott (€ 625K)

Curtis Davies (€ 5,75M - England International)

Lee Cattermole (biggest signing ever: € 15,5M - England International)

Just signed two more players:

Almost wonderkid (in my eyes) Jesus Mateu from Barcelona for € 13M

Joe Mattock (€19,5M - England International // brought in as replacement for Pascutti)

Sold my left back Ruben Pascutti for € 15M to Chelsea (I signed him on a free last year :) and became my biggest transfer income..)

Transfer money is goneeeee... but signed great players. Really felt like a child in a toyshop this transfer season.

Ty guys :)

Just noticed that Premier League have had 5 different winners the last 5 years! and to make things more exiting there havent been a team who has won the PL twice in a row the last 10 years. :o

So hopefully i can change this !!

Huge decesion I really dont know what to say to this. At some point i wanna try international management but i think it might be to soon. BUT Brazil is the best squad in the world and it would be nice to win all international competetion as well and Brazil would be a nice place to start by winning copa america and maybee world cup?

WOW i just realized that Brazil are actually playing world cup right now ?!?!?! and are in the Quarter finals?

I dont understand how this is possible? that they dont have a manager in the middle of the world cup??

The history says that they sacked Leo the 25th of june

Dafuge : would it be okay ( im thinking moraly ) to take the job now when Brazil are in the Quarters of the world cup???

Up to you really. Usually I like to manage an international team for two years, through the qualifying and the tournament.

I'd probably take it anyway ;)

yeah im taking it.. :) im just finding it weird that he got sacked in the middle of the world cup :o he didnt even loose a game=)

That is pretty weird, but I have seen something similar before.

I can't remember which version it was, but I was playing in a tournament, lost and got sacked then picked up a job with another nation and carried on with the same tournament. I think I lost again then resigned.

Archived