dafuge's FM10 challenge

Guys I have just finished holidaying and after about 15 reloads I have TRURO CITY come up and their rep as per the first page is 600??? This can't be right!......is it?

I am taking them over!!!

That's my fault, I've forgotten to update the OP with the updated reputations that came with the 10.2 patch.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite playing rather good football the PL title are not possible because of Liverpool suddenly playing alot better and is far ahead. Another problem is that we are not doing well keeping our leads an we often let a goal pass, its so frustrating!

So im focusing on CHL. Im in the first knockout round against Galatasaray where i drew 2-2 away. And im meeting Ajax or Valencia in the quarters if i get that far.

Don't you just love this game!!!

In my second season with King's Lynn in League 2 and things started okay, 2 wins from the first 3 games, but then..... a rather shocking run of 11 defeats and 2 draws in 13 league games scoring 6 goals and conceding 23. Down in 23rd place thanks to Tranmere's 10 point deduction for goin into adminstration.

In a final roll of the dice before giving up i revert to an old tactic i haven't used in a few seasons and low and behold we grab only our 3rd win of the season, AWAY to top of the table Millwall, 2-1. Delighted, hopefully now we can press on!

Sutton Utd L2 2012/13

Competitions:

Fa Cup: Lost in 4th round 2-0 to blackburn

JPT: lost in 2nd round to Charlton 2-1

League Cup: lost in 1st round to swindon 3-1

League: 3rd in L2 Promotion

League Table, League Graph

Squad, Transfers

A very good season in all areas, we gained promotion from lge 2 quite comfortably. We were top for most of the 1st half of the season but we lost our form a bit and dropped down to third. despite grabbing promotion with 2 games to spare the title was up for grabs between us stockport and bristol rovers. unfortunately we couldnt make our 2 home matches count and drew 3-3 and 2-2.

The 1 thing i would criticise is our inability to see games out, we continously threw away 2 goal leads and that cost us the lge 1 title as the last 2 games were both drawn from us being 3-1 and 2-0 up respectively

Player of the season - Igor

Available on a free at the start of the season, Scouts rated him as good championship player. To be honest i didnt expect to get him but his wage demands were within Sutton's boundaries so i went for it. He almost single handedly dragged us to promotion with 32 goals 17 assists and 11 MoM and an average rating of 7.31.

Cups:

The fa cup was eventful for us, we scored 15 goals in the fa cup, 4-0 vs stalybridge, 3-1 vs oxford then an 8-0 thumping of lge 1 Gillingham (which igor didnt score any despite playing :D) we eventually were outclassed by blackburn in the 4th round.

Lge cup and jpt were less eventful with us going out pretty early on in both against higher lge opposition.

Finances

We finally made profit in a season

Helped by the fa cup run and by getting rid of some of the high earners from last season and replacing them with young, less expensive and high potential players.

[color=black][font=Verdana]Career so far:[/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Verdana]Season    League                   Position    Achievements[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Verdana]2010/11   Blue Square South        2nd         Promoted via playoffs[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2011/12   Blue Square Premier      1st          Automatic Promotion [/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2012/13   League 2                     3rd         Automatic Promotion[/font][/color]

I am also on the favoured personnel list :D

First season in the Prem with Boston Utd and currently sitting 3rd/4th(Can't remember) but only a point off Chelsea in first. It's mid-December now and my stadium upgrade's soon to be finished and I'll play aforementioned Chelsea right after. Will be nice to get some more money in from tickets.

So played around 15/16 games in the league. Should be safe by February the latest. Knocked van Basten managed Man Utd out of the CC by holidaying and allowing my AM to do what he wanted. Apparently same formation but he made us play dirty. Got a cheeky 1-0 win though. So on to the Semis against West Ham who're struggling in 15th in the league. Playing Championship Swansea in the FA Cup 3rd round.

First XI currently:

Alan Gordon(regen)

Alan Hutton-Micheal Parkhurst-Alexandre Gois/ Nestor Lopez(both regens IIRC) - Ashley Cole ©

Paulo Tavares (regen)

Vadis Odjija

Marco Paz(regen/vc) - Olivares(regen)

Victor Anichebe - Michael Eneramo

It's really a 4-1-3-2 formation which plays as 4-1-1-2-2. Thinking I'll push the CM up to an AM and push the wingers back making it a diamond.

Have a youngster in place to replace Hutton. Almunia as my backup goalie. Gordon's only 20 but don't fancy he'll be any more than decent at this level so plan to search for cheap young goalies who'll be awesome and make Almunia just there as an experienced head and make the two youngsters battle it out for the number 1. No youngster in sight for me to replace Cole as my backup is Kamel Musa who's just a year younger than the 34yo skipper. Fancy getting in Joe Mattock to replace. CBs seem sorted for the future as both Gois and Lopez are in their low 20s. Parkhurst is 31. Have another young CB who's out on loan but he only looks like he'll be decent Prem.

Central mid seems sorted for now as Paz is really an attacking central mid. Tavares is young also and I have a cheap Spanish regen out on loan who is supposed to be good in the future. Odjija can play all the CM roles so he'll be staying. Paz will be pushed into his spot though and he'll serve as backup. Tavares to keep his spot with the youngster getting the odd appearance when he's back with maybe another loan or two. Have Aaron Mokoena and Jose Semedo as well. Mokoena couldn't be moved on as no one would take him so he's still here. Semedo is a decent experienced backup ATM. Mokoena served me well as captain in the Championship last season though.

Paz is my best available right mid and as I'll be looking for him to be in the centre I'll need an established right mid next season. Have two youngsters there though. One promising for Prem and the other who I don't think will handle the big league so gonna ship him on soon. Tomi Petrescu still decent enough for me and provides cover at left mid for Olivares. Fancy getting in someone like Clint Dempsey as a rotation player and also a starting right mid.

Strikers are Anichebe, Eneramo, Javier Acuna, and Matty Fryatt. The latter two were my starters in the Championship and I'll be looking to move on one or both. Have a youngster who'll decided whether I ship both out or just one, as it'll be whether I loan him out or not that decides. Shall be looking to get in a star striker though as while Anichebe and Eneramo are good, I want someone who'll now or in the near future be world class with Gutierrez getting experience as part of a 4 striker outfit.

So that's a striker, leftback, right mid and possibly goalie to be getting in after this season. Just remembered now I have a young leftback coming in but he'll be no more than a squad player in the future for me really. 'Mon the Pilgrims. Not sure I want CL fooy next season though. :D Europa League much better proposition but won't deliberately ruin our form. Would be an awesome thing for a club who at the start of the game weren't in the BSN at the start of the game to be in the CL in the 2016/2017 season. Oh and the 48 month deals don't seem to be hampering the club as I'm making at least 500k profit each month. TV money IMO but still in the red about 11 mil so no transfers in for me in January as I'm about 10k above my wage budget and spent all my 20m transfer budget after guaranteeing a top half finish. :cool:

Unlucky Terk,you should be able to get promotion next season, at the start you do have to get rid of a lot of deadwood that the club starts with.

I am generally quite ruthless with my players and try and get a whole new squad in every time i get promoted.

Same for me. Given me an awful player loyalty stat though. My financial control stat buggered also but will look to get those up in the future after establishing us in the Prem for a few seasons.

Same for me. Given me an awful player loyalty stat though. My financial control stat buggered also but will look to get those up in the future after establishing us in the Prem for a few seasons.

I have 20s for Loyalty, Hands on Approach, Squad Discipline, and Tactical Consistency, but 1 for Domestic Player Bias and 3 for Financial Control :p

That's what you get for managing a Welsh team in the English leagues with a teeny tiny stadium!

One of my academy graduates is labelled the next Hargreaves - hopefully that's the solid midfielder part rather than the 24 months on the sidelines part! He's getting a lot of first team action, so hopefully he'll become my first home-produced wonderkid :)

I'm also refusing to cap him for England so I can nab him when the Welsh job arises :cool:

24 games into the 42-game BSS season, and already I have more points than last year! Promotion push is on though after 14 games without losing I rather fear a dip is around the corner. We'll see. This team has totally transformed this year! The board is very concerned about losing me at the end of my contract in June. Will try to get them to offer me a huge new contract I guess!!

lol @ Igor having 50 youth caps!

hahaha i didnt notice that before

thats my plan as well, i just try to get into the prem as quickly as possible then you can stay there for a while and rake in the tv money etc

Congratulations on the season, hrbfcrule :) I'm not surprised that you're on the favoured personnel list with three straight promotions.

thanks, ive never been on a clubs favoured personnel list before despite getting hampton and richmond all the way to the premiership on 1 save :mad:

:mad: Just fired up my save to get through pre-season and I had my three top transfers targets all lined up and offered contracts that slightly exceeded their demands. Feeling quite good about the squad I'm assembling, then all three go and sign for other teams in the BSN, leaving me high and dry with only utter dross left for me in my scout's report.

In my CHL Semis i meet liverpool. First leg away at Rush arena ended 0-0 and im playing the second leg RIGHT NOW! Escobar made a brilliant lob over the keeper just before the break 1-0 Kingstonian! But with my luck im not to optimistic :)

We did it! 1-0 and Kingstonian are in the CHL FINALS! and well deserved as well

Man City in the final. Its time for my revenge !!

In my CHL Semis i meet liverpool. First leg away at Rush arena ended 0-0 and im playing the second leg RIGHT NOW! Escobar made a brilliant lob over the keeper just before the break 1-0 Kingstonian! But with my luck im not to optimistic :)

We did it! 1-0 and Kingstonian are in the CHL FINALS! and well deserved as well

Man City in the final. Its time for my revenge !!

Good luck mate! You made a decision on Escobar's future yet?

That's my fault, I've forgotten to update the OP with the updated reputations that came with the 10.2 patch.

Dafuge

Do you know what it is, because even though I have unticked add key staff, Truro have a full set of staff, pay high wages and have a transfer budget.. so doesn't feel right to start with this lot!

:(

Dafuge

Do you know what it is, because even though I have unticked add key staff, Truro have a full set of staff, pay high wages and have a transfer budget.. so doesn't feel right to start with this lot!

:(

Not off the top of my head, but I have a feeling it is over 1000.

I'll get the list updated.

I also had Eastwood come up and they aren't on the list... maybe 10.2 has had quite a revamp. I have to say I am not comfortable with the Truro thing.. so will reload....

I've updated it now.

Truro was 1250, so they are a relatively big club. Eastwood are already in the BSN, so they are ineligible.

I've updated it now.

Truro was 1250, so they are a relatively big club. Eastwood are already in the BSN, so they are ineligible.

Cool, thanks. Eastwood had no badge or anything which is why I thought they were newly promoted.

Thanks for confirming about Truro, just as I thought. I will reload and select someone else tonight.

Well here I am again to have another shot at this challenge. Was going to wait until 10.3 but can't wait any longer and just want to get playing so 10.2 it is. I picked one of the easier teams for this challenge which will hopefully help me to climb the divisions quicker and therefore maintain interest. Going to make it my FM new years resolution to finish this challenge for the first time. Lets hope it lasts longer than most resolutions.

Anyway here's my PROFILE, Say Hello to the new manager at Dartford.

:eek: Wigan are in league 1 already

1st season - 18th in premiership

2nd season - 3rd in championship

3rd season - 6th in championship

4th season - 22nd in championship

So im gonna play wigan in lge 1 this season :D and its only 2013

Wait for 10.3? What made you think there would even be a 10.3, let alone that it would be out soon? The game seems really stable to me compared to some previous incarnations...

Although I've not heard anything since, I'm sure Miles said in GD that there was going to be a patch after the January transfer window (10.3).

Here it is: FM2010 patching strategy

I got the impression that would just be a data update....or is that what he meant perhaps?

It'll be the update after all the january transfers have gone through, and there's apparently an issue with the centre-backs being split too easily which results in a lot of through balls between the two which doesn't occur very often at all IRL. But I do agree, 10.2 is excellent :thup:

Boston united season 1 2010/11

League Table After winning the first game if the season we went on a torrid run of not winning in 8 games. After a change in tactics and a couple of good loan players (see below) we managed to turn the season around finally finishing in 7th in the league.

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Transfers

Key Players

Nathan Adams Got Adams in on loan from Lincoln City. Making an instant impact withn the first team. Along with Sam Habergham

Sam Habergham. Brought in on loan from Norwich City. My first choice Left back all season.

Jack Compton. My star left winger scoring 10 goals throughout the season.

F.A. Cup Slightly disappointing here as we were expected to make the 4th Qualifying round but were put out by Bishop's Stortford in the 3rd.

F.A. Trophy Got through to the 1st round of the Trophy which was what the board wanted so I at least made that expectation.

Finances

Season           League              Final Position               Achievments
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North          7th                         none

Aims for next season

Build on the work done this season.

Strengthen the squad. - I've started to work on this by signing Craig McAllister after the season ended.

I wasn't having a dig at 10.2 in fact I think its the best version of the game since Fm 07 and I am enjoying it alot. The only reason I brought up 10.3 was because most years Si release a patch end of Jan/ Feb with a data update and a few fixes. The only reason I was going to wait until then would have been to benefit from the data update and not because I thought there was something wrong with 10.2

Didn't mean to sound like I was having a go or anything.

I wasn't having a dig at 10.2 in fact I think its the best version of the game since Fm 07 and I am enjoying it alot. The only reason I brought up 10.3 was because most years Si release a patch end of Jan/ Feb with a data update and a few fixes. The only reason I was going to wait until then would have been to benefit from the data update and not because I thought there was something wrong with 10.2

Didn't mean to sound like I was having a go or anything.

I often start a new game with the final patch, for that very reason :thup:

I don't think I will this year though, I've been playing the same game since day one and have not experienced any real problems that need fixing. I'm going to keep going.

Getting very excited about my youngster Phil Parkin. He's a fantastic player, probably has the potential to play in the Premiership eventually. He's currently got just over 2 years left on his contract and I've just offered him a 3-year extension and a pay rise in return for becoming a full timer. Should be able to get a few of those years out of him before selling him on for a massive sum to guarantee the financial stability of the club for some time....

EDT: He signed! He's now mine until 2017, and on a full time contract. Awesome!

Dafuge I was just wondering are you 7 million in the red or 7 million in debts to be paid of monthly. Because if you are 7 million pounds in the red then you really needed that Javier sale to help out your finances becuase they must have been seriously low before the initial 10 million pounds came in.

Also this must be the worst thing ever to say about a player for another club, but for your sake you really need him to score 27 more goals for them. Wouldn't it be great if after his 30th goal they go into administration and you managed to get Javier back a whole lot cheaper.

Archived