dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't say so, I've gotten 20 goals out of my centre-half this season without doing anything particularly special. I just looked at where most of the goals came against me from corners and created a routine to exploit that (fyi, it's the far post).

But anyway, here's what I came in to post :mad:

My stadium actually got build on time in this version, so my League Cup game against Chester has now set an attendance record of 3,752 - which is 252 more than could fit into my old stadium doesn't seem worth £10m at the moment, though the League Cup attendance is normaly woeful so hopefully more people turn up in the League.

My corner routine at the moment is floating the ball into the box and hoping it hits someone and rolls into the net :D

Season 20 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Premier League - 1st, Champions (Table)

Champions League - Winners

FA Cup - Winners

League Cup - Winners

Club World Championship - Winners

European Super Cup - Winners

Community Shield - Winners

Transfers

Well, we won everything. And I'm now the greatest English manager ever. All in a day's work ;) we still lost our obligatory 2 games in the season, both of which came in the league this time round, away to Spurs and Liverpool.

All good things must come to an end, however, and this generation of Merthyr players have reached the end. Most are now the wrong side of 30, and this did feel like the last hurrah. Here are some of the legends:

Ralf Hammer - DC - Profile/History/Biography

The fans actually thought I spent too much on him when he was first signed, but he came through as a first team star as we pushed our way into the Champions League, and the upper echelons of the English game. A golden season in 2026/27 when he went goal-crazy was the highlight, he's probably got another season or two in him as a backup.

Mehmet Uyar - DC/DM/MC - Profile/History/Biography

Signed back when we were rubbish, his versatility and great physical attributes did as much as anything else to propel us up the table. I still have no problem putting him straight into the team either in central midfield or defence when the situation requires, and I hope he can stick around for 2 or 3 seasons more.

Arjan Reinertz - WB/AML - Profile/History/Biography

The signing that signaled our intentions to be more than Premier League survivors way back in 2023, Reinertz never really pushed on to be the force his stats suggested he should have been, but we always played better with him in the side, and he was our first truly top-class player. His one remaining season on his contract will be his last with us, and I'd be surprised to see him make more than the odd substitute appearance, but a great player for us nonetheless.

Eugeny Antipov - AMC - Profile/History/Biography

Signed for £4m compensation after his contract at Zenit ran out, Antipov really took us to the next level with his domineering performances in the centre of midfield. Although his position is AMC, I used him as a deep-lying MC to make better use of his great tackling and work-rate. His quality on the ball really helped us push on as a footballing side, and we will be hard pushed to replace him. £15m for a 32 year old was too much to refuse, and it just shows how highly he is regarded that a team would pay that.

Jose Manuel Moran - FC - Profile/History/Biography

One of the first signings we made when we were promoted, costing just £2m from Tottenham Hotspur, he had two seasons as a back-up before spending 6 seasons at the very top of the European game. Merthyr's highest ever goalscorer with 237 goals in all competitions, he's probably come to the end of his stint as a first choice striker for us, but I'm certainly planning on giving him enough football to make the 250 mark before he hangs up his boots for good.

Diego - ST - Profile/History/Biography

Despite spending most of his career at Merthyr as 3rd choice striker, he's one of my favourite players on any edition of the game. Signed for just £30k the season after we were promoted, he's accrued 119 goals for the team, and I'm pretty sure his strike rate compares quite favourably with Moran's. He actually forced his way back in as first choice earlier this season, racking up 20 goals from 23 starts, but a torn calf muscle ruled him out of the business end. Hopefully it hasn't taken too much out of him, as he'll be a great help in bedding in the next generation.

Season    League                  Position  Achievements                  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South       1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two    4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2013/14   Coca-Cola League One    6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Coca-Cola League One    4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2015/16   Coca-Cola League One    17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
2016/17   Coca-Cola League One    2nd       Promoted
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship  18th      None
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship  21st      None
2019/20   Coca-Cola Championship  9th       None
2020/21   Coca-Cola Championship  6th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2021/22   Premier League          13th      None
2022/23   Premier League          14th      None
2023/24   Premier League          9th       None
2024/25   Premier League          4th       League Cup Runners Up
2025/26   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions
2026/27   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, League Cup Winners
2027/28   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, League Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners
2028/29   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners
[b]2029/30   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners, League Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners[/b]

Previous Season Reports:

Season 1 - 2010/11

Season 2 - 2011/12

Season 3 - 2012/13

Season 4 - 2013/14

Season 5 - 2014/15

Season 6 - 2015/16

Season 7 - 2016/17

Season 8 - 2017/18

Season 9 - 2018/19

Season 10 - 2019/20

Season 11 - 2020/21

Season 12 - 2021/22

Season 13 - 2022/23

Season 14 - 2023/24

Season 15 - 2024/25

Season 16 - 2025/26

Season 17 - 2026/27

Season 18 - 2027/28

Season 19 - 2028/29

Well 9,613 turned up for my first league game in my new stadium and saw us beat Leeds 3-1.

Also having looked at my set-pieces for this season I've just noticed my best corner takers are also my best headers of the ball who are my two new full-backs and I normally keep my full-backs back on corners, so they need to be in three places at once :(

EDIT: That attendance has just earned me £190K :eek: - my previous record was £75K, whilst the whole of last season we earned £1.4m from gate reciepts.

My stadium actually got build on time in this version, so my League Cup game against Chester has now set an attendance record of 3,752 - which is 252 more than could fit into my old stadium doesn't seem worth £10m at the moment, though the League Cup attendance is normaly woeful so hopefully more people turn up in the League.

My corner routine at the moment is floating the ball into the box and hoping it hits someone and rolls into the net :D

Yeah I'm sure you'll pack them in with higher profile competition :thup:

Haha, yeah I didn't really pay much attention to it until I got into the Premier League and had players capable of doing interesting things. It's a huge advantage though, we'd never have won as much as we have without it.

How big is your stadium at the moment Snake? Mines 42,500 in 2022, but I don't seem to be filling it :(

14,250 right now :thdn: the new one is 29,394, no idea whether we'll fill it or not. Will keep you updated on that though.

Carshalton Season Review 2021-22 League 1 - 6th Place - Promoted via the playoffs

Not a bad season really, could easily have got auto promotion had it not been for a player moaning of lack of harmony and therefore ruining it for a while until I rid myself of him. He went to BSP, and has since been released from his club as they got promoted, so his loss, as I am now in the Championship :D

Scraped into the playoffs, which I won, beating Rotherham 3-1 on aggregrate, then beat Colchester 2-0 at Wembley :thup:

League: http://i45.tinypic.com/2mezts1.jpg

League Graph: http://i49.tinypic.com/zumc9h.jpg

Confidence: http://i48.tinypic.com/2hn2bdg.jpg

Finances: http://i50.tinypic.com/2im0l4.jpg

Transfer History: http://i48.tinypic.com/6elx87.jpg (Reckon I am a right wheeler and dealer with these deals, one of my players even said so ;))

This season:

The board want me to avoid relegation on a 2k transfer budget and 49k wage budget, so I brought in several loanees from abroad, who don't count towards a loan limit, and some free foreigners, handy because I can now scout anywhere in Europe, a big step up from the season before where I was limited to Uk and Ireland, plus France :thup:

Won my first game 1-0 away to Middlesbrough from a penalty from one of my Italian free transfers, so that looks promising. I can do it, 2022-23, Carshalton, Championship, sounds good imo.

2021/2022- Billericay Town - Barclay's Premier League

League Position - Champions

TABLE

GRAPH

Not a lot to say about this season. I walked away from the save for a bit to get a feel for 10.2 tactics in a less important position, came back with a 4-2-3-1 that I thought suited the club, and we basically walked away with the league. A couple of AMCs mentioned previously, Damyanov and Coutinho were key, my defense was solid, leading the division until we leaked 7 in a meaningless finale against Newcastle. My strikers were disappointing, but that's largely because I have a bunch of poachers when what I need is a target man. Cleiton, a young Brazillian mentioned previously was my leading scorer, though Ikäheimo, by far the best of my strikers, had by far his poorest season with us. If you click on the table link, you'll see Sunderland went into administration, and I took advantage with a below market swoop for their Irish striker, Peter Killorian, who's killed me. Hopefully he can lead the charge next year.

So with us winning two EPLs on the trot, the story is in the Champions League. Its not much of a story however, as we walked our weak group, leading to a first round knockout tie with Barcelona. Fortunately, Barca were missing a few key players and we went through. We then slaughtered Lyon in the quarters, 7-2 at home, before making it interesting by barely turning up in the return leg. That led to Chelsea in the semi's, who were dispatched on away goals. Man Utd, who finished 9th in the league were our opponents in the final. Captain Hans Blom was suspended through yellows, and we couldn't have been less inspired, losing 2-0 and never looking like challenging.

The other cups, we won the Carling Cup despite my attempts to punt it, on account of very poor opposition until the late rounds, when I sort of couldn't help but compete. Once in the final against Man City, I had to go for it, and we won our second worthless cup on the trot, for a domestic double. I had no interest in retaining the FA cup, and we went out tamely in the 4th round to Tottenham.

Champions League Final

Champions League Fixtures

FA Cup results

Carling Cup Final

Carling Cup Results

Community Shield

UEFA Super Cup

I sold several old friends this past year, long serving Italians Federico Fratus and Alberto Romagnoli, longtime Spanish hardman Victor Vega, and solid right back Andrey Baranov. We brought in a ton of new players as well, and the squad is now upper-table quality. We're still short of world class players, as only Blom and Moraga would walk into most sides, though the ageing Coutinho and Marquinhos are stellar as AMCs. I've got two class strikers coming in this year, so either the formation will have to change or a couple will have to go, as there's no point in have 6 first team strikers in a one striker formation.

As far as the money goes, again I sold more than I brought in, and the UCL run was a large money spinner. I still can't get a new stadium, but the training facilities are almost top class finally, the youth facilities are still lagging behind.

TRANSFERS

FINANCES

Highlights of the squad this season:

Cleiton - The physically challenged Brazillian was my top scorer this term, and won the PFA Young Player award.

Lasse Ikäheimo - The Finnish starlet had his worst season ever.

Hans Blom - He had a bit of a down season by his standards, though he did finish second several UEFA awards.

Coutinho - One of two non-regens still in the squad, he was delightful in the trequarista role.

Tsetvan Damyanov - The Bulgarian AMC was even better, laying goals on every which way.

In personal news, I was named a club legend this year, though I must say, fans, what took you so long. I also received an unsolicited approach for the Brazil job, probably in no small part to the 7 Brazillians which I employ.

Just need to win the Champions League this season, though I think there are some painful sales coming. I can't imagine selling Rodríguez Sánchez, but his contract's up at the end of the season, and it would be foolish to retain him given the quality coming up through the reserves.

Billericay Town

2010/2011 - Blue Square South - 2nd, playoffs - promoted; FA Cup - 3rd qualifying round; FA Trophy - 3rd qualifying round

2011/2012 - Blue Square Premier - 2nd, playoffs - promoted; FA Cup - 2nd round; FA Trophy - Final

2012/2013 - Coca-Cola League Two - 3rd, automatic promotion; FA Cup - 2nd round; League Cup - 1st round; Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 1st round

2013/2014 - Coca-Cola League One - 12th; FA Cup - 3rd round; League Cup - 2nd round; Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 2nd round

2014/2015 - Coca-Cola League One - 3rd, playoffs - promoted; FA Cup - 4th round; League Cup - 2nd round; Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 2nd round

2015/2016 - Coca-Cola Championship - 10th; FA Cup 6th round; League Cup - 2nd round

2016/2017 - Coca-Cola Championship - 6th, promoted via playoffs; FA Cup - 3rd round; League Cup - 1st round

2017/2018 - Barclay's Premier League - 16th; FA Cup - Semi Final; League Cup - 2nd round

2018/2019 - Barclay's Premier League - 2nd; FA Cup - 4th round; League Cup - Semi Final

2019/2020 - Barclay's Premier League - 4th; Champions League - 3rd place in Group Stage; Europa League - Winners; FA Cup - Winners; League Cup - 3rd round

2020/2021 - Barclay's Premier League - Champions; Champions League - Qualifying Rounds; Europa League - Winners; FA Cup - Winners; League Cup - Winners

2021/2022 - Barclay's Premier League - Champions; Champions League - Finalists; FA Cup - 4th round; League Cup - Winners

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2029/30

We had our most successful season ever last season, so it was hard to improve on that. Breaking our duck in the Carling Cup was one thing I was hoping for this year.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We completely dominated and led from start to finish. The two defeats we had were to Man City right at the end of the season, and Ipswich!

Community Shield - the scoreline didn't tell the whole story as we dominated them.

UEFA Super Cup - after beating them in the CL final to win it for the first time, we did even better to win this one for the first time.

FIFA Club World Cup - we didn't score too many goals but the final was simple enough.

FA Cup - the route to the final was straightforward but the final was a different story. Despite having an extra man, it took two goals from two substitutes in extra time to secure the win.

Carling Cup - it looked like we were going to blow this in the final for a fourth time, but we managed to hold on for the win.

UEFA Champions League - the group stage was a struggle as Anderlecht took us by surprise. The knockout rounds were simple enough which set up a final with rivals Man City. A dramatic last comeback secured us a third CL win in a row.

Transfers - I didn't really want to sell all those players but the huge bids gave me my chance to bring my finances back in order. After being well over £20m in debt last season, it was nice to be debt free for a whole season.

Squad - the squad may be small but we have strength in every position now. Selling a few players seems to have done wonders for our squad happiness.

Key Player Profiles:

Pol Sesma - this was the most a player had ever scored at this club.

Javier - to score 40 goals alongside Sesma was sensational, especially by adding a load of assists at last.

Cuma Sahan - it wasn't his best season but he was still brilliant.

Steve Shutt - he came through my own youth system and is now described as world class, which is surprising as I've retained him to the DM position.

Alessandro Anelli - 'that waste of £30m' is starting to do quite well, often keeping Dorta out of the team.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners

Next Season

It was a perfect season, winning every competition we entered. This may seem like a good point to stop and make a start on my youth policy, but we have a centenary coming up in 2032, so if possible I would like to repeat this season in that year.

The World Cup with Italy is coming up next, so there is a chance to make this a completely perfect season.

Well done guys :)

Its not that i have done anything different this season than the others, but this season everything has suddenly changed..

Im affraid that i wont be able to finish the season today as im back at college tomorrow, but in a couple of days im hoping to post a better update than usual :)

Well having money is nice as I've smashed my Transfer Record several times this season first arrived Irish Youngster David Lacey for a record £45K, then Spanish Defender Galder Ardanaz broke that record when he arrived for £100K (though for some reason the fans don't like him), his record only lasted a month as I then spent £425K on Peruvian Defender Carlos Perez signing him from Levski (so they got straight back most of the £600K they gave me for my backup Keeper), I also picked up a Belgian Centre-Back Idd Hassan for £375K who has the Promising tag as does my new Keeper James Pratton who arrived on a free after Spurs released him.

We have had a rather eventful start to the new season in seven games we have scored 12 times but conceeded 15, whilst I managed to get my more important players to sign new four year contracts so we should get better as they grow and gel, I just need to bring in some quality wingers and another Striker instead of relying upon loanee's.

North Ferriby 11/12

Table

Graph

Season Review: Total domination from the start, as you can see Fitzharris was simple amazing scoring 45 over the season. Brought in a couple players but none of them did anything real special, still planning to replace most of the team for the BSP.

Finances are getting to be a real issue, anyone know how bad they can get without drastic stuff happening?

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Cup Review: Decent runs with some replays in the FA Cup, went real deep into the FAT and then the wheels fell off in the second half for us at home.

Transfers

Squad

Finances

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSN                 4th                 Lost in Playoff Finals
2011/12       BSN                 1st                        Promoted                      

Next Season: New everything but Fitzharris by the looks of it.

Oh goody, my Chairman is looking to 'step aside'. That better not end badly...

Annihilator666 - Guiseley - Season 21/22 - Coca-Cola Championship

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Squad - Guiseley Squad

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Mikel Ibarrondo

Records - Overall Records | Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

After a break of a couple of weeks playing Gundo's challenge, I decided it was time to return to Guiseley. It was our second season in the Championship and I was hopeful of making a push up the table, but my ambition was not matched by results on the pitch. We finished in the same position for the second year running, but this time with 5 points less. Disappointing to say the least, but I'll be employing a new tactic in the new season as well as making a few signings to try and change the team's fortunes.

Season     League                      League Finish    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Blue Square North           4th              Playoff Final Losers
2011/12    Blue Square North           1st              Blue Square North Champions
2012/13    Blue Square Premier         6th              None
2013/14    Blue Square Premier         1st              Blue Square Premier Champions
2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2          5th              Playoff Winners
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 1          6th              Playoff Semi-Final Losers
2016/17    Coca-Cola League 1          9th              None
2017/18    Coca-Cola League 1          11th             None
2018/19    Coca-Cola League 1          9th              None
2019/20    Coca-Cola League 1          3rd              Playoff Winners
2020/21    Coca-Cola Champ.            15th             None
2021/22    Coca-Cola Champ.            15th             None

Dartford - Barclays Premier League - 2028/29

Predicted: 3rd

Finished: 1st

League Table

League Table Graph

Wasn't a good season in my opinion but it was nice to leave Princes Park with the celebrations of another Premier League trophy for the fourth year on the trot.

Community Shield Wasn't happy but nothing to cry over. Last year was the mirrored result ironically.

Super Cup Surprised by this performance but I've already won this trophy twice so it wasn't anything to worry about. The performance was something to worry about.

Carling Cup Another season, another couldn't be bothered performance. Doubt I'll win it again until I get more favourable draws or produce a ridiculously good reserve side/second string.

Club World Championships Easy, easy, easy.

FA Cup Poor exit in another cup but something I wasn't surprised at given our inconsistant nature this season and the fact I was rotating around the time of our exit.

Champions League Disappointing way to exit the competition given how we took a 1-0 to Madrid only to hand the tie to them.

-----------------------------------

Squad Could be better depth but there's a lot of stuff to happen in the next few years which could make it easier to challenge for every trophy every single season.

Had players representing the club in the World Team of the Year, as well as some players coming runner up in the European individual awards like Striker of the Year, Goalkeeper of the Year, Defender of the Year and the actual Player of the Year award itself.

Transfers Spent £50million on one player which was more in desperation for a top right winger after I let my own go for £25million to Arsenal. But he's top quality and at 23 should pay back his fee with trophies. I let Jamie Butcher head off the Nou Camp as I felt he wasn't progressing quick enough.

Finances Looking better.

------------------------------------

Key Players This Season

Javier Probably our best player this season.

Jaime Ortega Not as good as last season. Won't shut up about moving on no matter how many times he signs a new contract. Think I'll cash in on him this summer.

Dida Isn't worth £50million but then again no player is. At 23 he'll become a Dartford Icon if he keeps up these great performances on the right wing. Can play in the centre also which is a great bonus.

Curtis Mutch Not as good as last season but I'm happy enough with his season.

Henriques Great left-back. Up there with the best.

Youth Prospects

Steven Byrne Progressing well.

Klebson Signed for under £5million. Now a wonderkid.

Alain Keller Another wonderkid.

Conor Buchanan Went on-loan to Championship Swansea this season. Hit a lot of goals for a 17/18 year old. Even made the top scorers in the division.

Brazil

With victories over Uruguay, Colombia, Paraguay, Peru, Venezuela, Chile and Ecuador, I was shocked when we got thrashed by Argentina.

Still we qualified for the World Cup.

Next was the Confederations Cup and with an uncharactistic stalemate against the USA I was sent packing.

Lovely people to work for. :rolleyes:

Club Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted
2015/16   Coca Cola League One     6th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2016/17   Coca Cola League One     9th         n/a
2017/18   Coca Cola League One     1st         Promoted as Champions
2018/19   Coca Cola Championship   13th        n/a
2019/20   Coca Cola Championship   3rd         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  8th         n/a
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  10th        Qualified for Europa League via Fair Play League
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  16th        n/a
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  15th        n/a
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Carling Cup Winners, FA Cup finalists, Qualified for Europa League
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League Winners, Europa League Winners, Qualified for the Champions League
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League Winners, FA Cup Winners, Champions League Winners, Super Cup Winners

[i]Challenge Complete[/i]

2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup Winners, CWC Winners, CL Winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, CWC Winners

International Career Overview

Season    Nation                   Achievements
2027/28   Brazil
2028/29   Brazil                   Qualified for the 2030 World Cup

[b]Sacked[/b]

Next Season

We're now in a new stadium and I feel we can now push on. Need to perhaps start being more tight with the money in the club.

Well, after 11 years of good service at the club, Sead Hajrovic has gone and spoiled it all. He got his first cap for his second nation, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and promptly after this, decided he was too big for the club and wanted to move on. Accepted it, and I am now selling him to Norwich (who atm are below me in the Championship ironically) for £750,000. Not bad considering I picked him up on a free, and I am now bringing in a Portuguese defender for £100,000 over 48 months to replace him, from Benfica.

Have duly dropped him from the side, shoved him in the reserves and put him on a training schedule which doesn't do any training, whilst training him as a striker. Apparently he is unhappy with the high workload :D

Well, after 11 years of good service at the club, Sead Hajrovic has gone and spoiled it all. He got his first cap for his second nation, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and promptly after this, decided he was too big for the club and wanted to move on. Accepted it, and I am now selling him to Norwich (who atm are below me in the Championship ironically) for £750,000. Not bad considering I picked him up on a free, and I am now bringing in a Portuguese defender for £100,000 over 48 months to replace him, from Benfica.

Have duly dropped him from the side, shoved him in the reserves and put him on a training schedule which doesn't do any training, whilst training him as a striker. Apparently he is unhappy with the high workload :D

Ha, I have to admit I have done the same when a player I really like has gone crazy and demanded a move.

Okay have just been checking through england's results (just for the fun of it) and found out that England won the World cup and are ranked number 1 in the world. I can post screenies if anyones interested.

That's nothing, the Scotch have won the last two in my game :eek:

Hey, I've recently started this challenge off with Nuneaton, I've got Kyle Wilson but I don't know how to play him, i've been looking through this thread and people have got him scoring a lot, what role should I give him?

thanks

hate this ****IN GAME

What happened?

Scotch is a drink, Scots are a nation :p And us winning the World Cup is just realistic, it's going to happen in 2014, honest :D

Well I prefer Scotch ;)

According to my game you'll have to wait until 2026 for your first World Cup, although your captain will play for Merthyr Tydfil in the Champions League :D

Italy - World Cup - 2030

Qualification was a breeze with Greece giving us our only real challenge, but a 2-1 away win secured our qualification with two games to go.

The group draw looked like this, which looks easy on paper but Turkey could be dangerous with Cuma Sahan in their side.

Turkey vs Italy (group stage)

Turkey set their stall out to defend from the off and didn't even give the creative Sahan a run out. We just couldn't break them down and even when we threw everything forward we just couldn't create any good chances, the closest we came was hitting the outside of the post from a free kick. To make things worse, we've lost three players due to injury as a result of this match.

Italy vs Iran (group stage)

I was expecting a convincing victory and when we finally got the first goal and followed it up with a second it looked liked the floodgates would open, they didn't. Iran actually cam back in to the match and started having a few shots at goal before we settled the match late on.

Italy vs Chile (group stage)

We got the job done in this match, nothing spectacular but we got the win we needed.

Final Group Table

In the end it came down to who could score the most goals, which we did despite not really hitting top form. Winning the group turned out to be massive as it means we now face Austria instead of Spain.

Italy vs Austria (second round)

We turned on the style in this match and scored a couple of really classy goals as we ran out 3-0 winners. There was a shock elsewhere as number one ranked Spain crashed out on penalties to Turkey. We face Portugal next, who topped their group ahead of Brazil and knocked out Germany, so they could be dangerous.

Portugal vs Italy (quarter final)

Portugal were the first team to really attack us from the whistle, which I think suited us as we had a lot more room to launch our own counter attacks. The game was settled by a howler of an own goal as the goalkeeper turner a corner into his own net at the near post. Elsewhere, Turkey did it again, this time knocking out Brazil 2-0. We meet England in the semi final, which is good as they are missing key players in Man City legend Tom Phillips and my own Chris Blackmore.

England vs Italy (semi final)

Of all the people to score first, it was my own youth product centre back Paul Ramm as he headed home a free kick. He then had a 'Gazza moment' picking up a booking which would mean he would miss the final should they make it. We started the second half well with one of our centre backs getting in on the act and heading on from a corner. Not long after that, European Golden Boot winner Marco Marchetti broke free and slotted home. We will meet Turkey in the final who upset the odds once again with a 2-1 extra time win over France.

Italy vs Turkey (final)

Once again they started with a defensive lineup and no sign of Cuma Sahan but this time we meant business as we took the lead inside two minutes with a goal from midfielder Di Domenico. This seemed to ruin their gameplan as we then bombarded them with a series of wasted chances. At half time we looked well in control and looked good for the win. With just over ten minutes left, Turkey were looking desperate as they had to make substitutions due to injuries. Then, out of no where, they scored. This turned us into a bag of nerves as we held on to full time. Luckily, we still had enough attacking options on the bench and the late substitutions seemed to make the difference for us again in extra time as Marco Marchetti slotted home a rebound, he celebrated in style with clenched fists shouting his on name in a moment of pure ecstasy. Italy have won the World Cup.

International Career Overview

Year      Country       Competition                   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2030      Italy         FIFA World Cup                Winners

Next Season

After winning the World Cup, I felt it was the right time to leave Italy in search of a new challenge. This offer came to me just before the England game, which would have been ideal but I couldn't leave during a tournament. After resigning from Italy, I applied for the Brazil job but they strangely turned me down. I also applied for a host of European nations and the first to get back to me were Portugal and Turkey. After their amazing run in the World Cup and the fact that I have a couple of Turkish players at T&M, there really wasn't much choice.

Qualification for Euro 2032 is my first job, and this group looks reasonable.

Congratulations Dafuge. Any players you started to love while being coach of Italy and will try to buy with Tooting?

Not really, there were a couple of players I had sold but the better players were all getting on a bit. I don't really like signing older players and Italy had a fairly old squad.

Season 01 - Nantwich

Blue Square North - 18th (Table)

FA Cup - Fourth Round Qualifying

FA Trophy - Third Qualifying Round

Well, the start of the season saw us predicted bottom, with the media giving us an "outside chance" of snapping up promotion. We then saw, as soon as I came in a transfer embargo and a takeover take place. A small cash injection, nothing worth talking about as we are still in the red now. Signings were little and fairly useless. A couple of loan signings from parent club Crewe kept us from being relegated.

Pre-Season wasn't too bad, couple of wins, draws and losses. Nothing to worry about. Then came the league which saw us draw our first three games, 1v1, 2v2, 3v3. It pretty much sums our season up. We didn't manage a win until our 11th game of the season. We laid firmly in the relegation spots for the majority of the season (I would show you but cant find the position graph) up until the new year, where we won 3 games, draw 1 and lost 1. I thought that perhaps the new year was going to be good, but it all went downhill again until the end of the season. Our final position of 18th was the best we could do.

We lost just 15 games in the season and drew 19. Southport who finished 5th lost just one game less than us, they just managed to not throw games away when they were 1v0 up and could grab a goal when they were at level terms, something we could not do.

The aim next year is to attack the play-offs. That would work out nice. First up need a stronger defensive line. Pitty I have no funds to make transfers...

[font="Courier New"]
Season    League                Position       Achievements

2010/11   Blue Square North     18th         N/A
2011/12   Blue Square North     TBD        [/font]

Kingstonian (2027/2028)

Premier League Prediction - 8

Premier League Position - 2

Table

Graph

Summary

Worst season i have ever had in any FM game. Here is why:

The League

Did good all season and had it all to win in the last game of the season where we were 2 points ahead of Chelsea.

Last round of the season DEVASTATING. We did terrible against Man. Utd. but pulled back and was the champions until

94th minute in the Chelsea game where Chelsea scored a late goal won the game and took the title.

Europe

I did great in the euro cup this season but in the semis i had some difficulties with Aston Villa. The first match at home we drew 0-0 and

second leg was the same and we went to penalties. Uefa Cup Semi final TWICE we had the chance to close it but missed. Ridicouless scoreline anyway!

The Cup

We had one last chance, as we had made it all the way to the FA Cup final. Despite we had won it once before this could save the season.

FA Cup Final Nuff said.

Squad

Escobar

Ivanov New signing

Robson Biggest prospect from own ranks

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:

Needless to say im devastated. I will find it very hard to continue this challenge now

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     2010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
Blue Square South     2011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
Blue Square Premier   2012/13   5th       Playoff semi-final losers 
Blue Square Premier   2013/14   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions
League Two            2014/15   2nd       JPT Winners, Promotion
League One            2015/16   13th      none
League One	      2016/17   2nd	  Promotion
Championship	      2017/18   14th	  none
Championship	      2018/19   12th	  none
Championship	      2019/20   5th	  Playoff semi-final losers
Championship	      2020/21   5th	  Playoff final losers
Championship	      2021/22   1st	  Championship Champions
Premier League	      2022/23   10th	  none
Premier League	      2023/24   14th	  FA Cup semi-finalist
Premier League	      2024/25   13th	  FA Cup Winners
Premier League	      2025/26   9th	  none
Premier League	      2026/27   7th	  none
Premier League	      2027/28   2nd	  Uefa cup semi-finalist. FA Cup final losers. And a very last minute loss of the title.

kaNovi: that you are writing a report says enough! You have to continue! Now you have next to completing the challenge also another challenge: three teams you want to destroy desperately: Chelsea, Aston Villa and Man City...

btw; Jurgen Hazeveld of Aston Villa must be dutch missing his penalty twice :D

Archived