dafuge's FM10 challenge

Well at the turn of the year things are going surprisingly well in League One - after 24 games we are sat 8th in the league 22pts clear of relegation, but yet again it's a case of us doing well when we turn up to games and us being hammered when my players cannot be bothered to put the effort in - though things could be worse Norwich who came up with me have just beaten Crystal Palace 11-0 :eek: - this is a Palace team who came down from the Championship last season and sold £11m worth of players and spent £1m bringing in new players.

A rather worrying issue I have is that so far I haven't been able to sign a single player - the few league one rated players I can find are worth too much (teams don't seem to happy when I offer them £0 for players worth a couple £100K) or want wages way past what I can offer - the only players I have managed to bring in are loads of players on loan, which leads to another problem I only have 15 senior players at the club and despite the fact that we are selling out the stadium each week we are losing money hand over fist and I am running out of players to sell to keep the club afloat :(

The other teams hacking down my players doesn't help either :(

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stephanie McMahon\'s Secret Lover

Do you use 4-2-2-2 formation all the time? Could you tell me what is your instruction for booth MCs? One is more advanced in attacking role from other one?

Sorry for poor english, i`m from poland

The game actually calls it a 4-2-4 formation. I don't normally like to give out tactical info because the last time I did SI got wind and suddenly my tactics were useless. :mad:

In basic terms my MC's are very defensive (both of them). In conjunction with my DC's they form a very effective box, a bit like the passive box in ice hockey. Meanwhile the other six players pile forward at every opportunity. Quite often my wingers beat their full back and when they cross the ball there is at least 3 guys in the centre clear through to tap in the cross. Hence the large number of assists my wingers get.

Its not perfect. 1st game of new season sees us lose the Community Shield 2-1 to Manchester United. :rolleyes:

After the first season you need to have 8 homegrown players in your Premier League squad of 25. (Though hopefully it's broken like the Football League one where players I've signed from France count as grown in England :))

It did not seem to work like that for me atleast, a couple times I had to scramble to sign a player or risk losing a back up.

Kingstonian (2023/2024)

Premier League Prediction - 13

Premier League Position - 14

Table

Graph

Summary

After last seasons overperfomance i was sure that we couldnt achieve the prediction by the media and i was right. The season was a struggle.

In the FA cup i managed to get to the Semi-Final only to loose 2-0 to PL Champions Man City then afterwards i managed to win 3-1 against them in the league the week after.

An okay season, not impressive and im looking to strengthen the squad now.

Squad

Dida Our most expensive signing yet

Tarasov Another new signing

Alvarez Is now an icon, well deserved i must say, but im bitter that im only a fav. personell :)

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:

another cup run would be nice, but i will be looking for improvement on the squad and improvement in the league.

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     2010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
Blue Square South     2011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
Blue Square Premier   2012/13   5th       Playoff semi-final losers 
Blue Square Premier   2013/14   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions
League Two            2014/15   2nd       JPT Winners, Promotion
League One            2015/16   13th      none
League One	      2016/17   2nd	  Promotion
Championship	      2017/18   14th	  none
Championship	      2018/19   12th	  none
Championship	      2019/20   5th	  Playoff semi-final losers
Championship	      2020/21   5th	  Playoff final losers
Championship	      2021/22   1st	  Championship Champions
Premier League	      2022/23   10th	  none
Premier League	      2023/24   14th	  FA Cup semi-finalist

Im searching and searching for english players that can be in me starting eleven and it just seems impossible to find any good players.. i cant even find talents! I have my scouts searching all over england in every division as well. I have to use alot of reserves/u18 to accomidate(i think thats the word :D ) the 8 HG rule..

I just got 3 very talented players promoted from my excellent youth setup! So this doesnt mather now, ill just make them myself :p

Especially this guy looks very promising Andy Henry Born just down the street at Kingston upon thames :)

Been having trouble with my right fullback recently - Darren Cole. He's one of my most consistent players, and has been really top-notch.

However, he just gets so many injuries. He was out for 4 months in the season before he joined me with a broken foot, and then after he joined broke his foot again, out for another four months. He was then out for a month at the beginning of this season with a groin strain, came back and got a hip injury for 2 months, and then after his comeback from that was out for a month with a thigh strain.

So in total, that's 12 months out over the course of 2 years. Should I stick by him, or send him packing? If I get a good offer for him (he's valued at £12k) I'll get shut in an instant, but I doubt I'd receive even a semi-decent offer in all honesty, as a result of the way AI teams ignore your players in most circumstances. It might come down to me letting him go for nothing - his contract is up at the end of the season - but that would be very tough to do. At the end of the day, if he's sitting in the treatment room then I can do something a lot more useful with his wages, but I'm just not sure. Advice would be much appreciated!

I can't get the .DDT to work for me. I think I have patch 10.2 installed, Steam did an update at least. However, I have no 1020 folder to which some of you guys have referred to. I'm probably missing something blindingly obvious, but need some assistance.

EDIT: Scratch that, found it in the updates folder. As suspected, blindingly obvious.

Went back to my Cambridge save since I got tired of reloading for North Ferriby, going to do it during the games today I think.

Since its sort of a throw away game at this point, I went out and spent $123mil on a new DM, who is the best player my scouts can find after two years of scouting so he is probably the best player in the game at this point, safe to say first game he goes down with a injury for 4 weeks, then leaves for a international friendly, you know what happens next.

But hes on the field now and playing well, just won the the first champions league game 7-2, always a good sign.

Defending has really ramped up in the new patch and watching the game everything looks a lot better seen some really cool animation sequences, one of my DCs did a diving header, player on the other team took it off his knee and did a one touch through pass that almost scored, looked very cool and fluid.

Not normal in my eyes, but curious what you guys think of it.

I am in year 2014 (september), and in the Coca-Cola Championship... Am doing quite ok, but just played Sheffield United and lost 4-0. Not really suprising atm but while playing them I saw some names in their team, and that is just sick for a Championship team lol!

Cahill, Craig Gardner, N'Gog, Crouch, Gunning, etc,.. pff

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2023/24

With the taste of Champions League football last season, this season was all about improving our league position to qualify once again.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Despite the poor start, we gradually climbed our way to the top of the table, although it didn't last long as Liverpool caught up with their games in hand. Liverpool were run away winners but we did well to qualify for the Champions League for the second time.

Community Shield - not a bad debut in this competition.

FA Cup - after beating Liverpool on penalties I thought our name was on the cup but Arsenal dashed our dreams of retaining the cup.

Carling Cup - I fielded a weak team who lost to the Championship opposition.

UEFA Europa League - we blew our chance to top the group by losing our last game. We had a thriller against Bayern but blew our chances with an awful second leg display against Espanyol.

Transfers - I spent big once again with the intent on making the Champions League. Englemann was a good signing but Fletcher was a waste of money.

Squad - I think the squad is now good enough to compete at the top so to save my finances I will start to hold back a bit in the transfer market.

Key Player Profiles:

Sebastian Engelmann - the big money signing had a great first season as a slight change in my tactics helped him to score plenty of goals.

Juan José Reina - another new signing who had a good season.

Anderson - my second striker did well.

Alex Eldridge - despite the signing of Reina, he just about held his place on the wing.

Chris Blackmore - it is only a matter of time before he makes a major impact, I'm thinking of giving him a bigger role next season.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd

Next Season

I need to get my finances sorted in order to try and expand my stadium so I think I will be trying again with teh same squad. Champions League qualification is the aim yet again but it would be nice to mount a serious title challenge.

The game actually calls it a 4-2-4 formation. I don't normally like to give out tactical info because the last time I did SI got wind and suddenly my tactics were useless. :mad:

In basic terms my MC's are very defensive (both of them). In conjunction with my DC's they form a very effective box' date=' a bit like the passive box in ice hockey. Meanwhile the other six players pile forward at every opportunity. Quite often my wingers beat their full back and when they cross the ball there is at least 3 guys in the centre clear through to tap in the cross. Hence the large number of assists my wingers get.

Its not perfect. 1st game of new season sees us lose the Community Shield 2-1 to Manchester United. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Thanks for the brief explanation of your tactic SMSL :)

Would you be willing to answer a few more questions about it if I sent you a PM? I'm trying to get the hang of the lower leagues and I usually like to play with very minimal tweaking to tactics, usually none at all. And from the looks of it, it seems you've found a very effective formula for this type of approach.

Radicell can you explain how you use tinypic and how you make the picture with writing. For example "I literally jumped out of my seat"

Sure man. Simply go to http://tinypic.com, find your image and upload it. Then, you'll be taken to a page with a bunch of links; select what's under "Direct Link for Layouts", and copy it. Then, in the message box of this forum, click the hyperlink button ("Insert Link"), paste the URL to the image, click OK. Then you'll be able to enter whatever text you want to enter.

Dartford - Blue Square South - 2010/2011

Newcomers to the Football Conference, Dartford have only made a slight impact this year and float around in the mid-table waters of the Blue Square South.

League: 9th (view)

FA Cup: 3rd Qual. Round

FA Trophy: Second Round

Squad

An average season, but better than what the media predicted. Jeet Padaruth was a quality player for us, a reliable centre-back who could score more than a few goals. I also brought in loans from higher-up clubs to get us through the slow start we had.

For the rest of the season, we drifted around mid-table, with some worthless defeats accompanying some truly emphatic victories. In the end, we managed to climb up to 9th on the final day. Merthyr won the BSS, with Bromley winning the playoffs. Truro, Canvey Island, and St. Albans were relegated. Meanwhile, Eastleigh, Newport Co, as well as Dorchester, Tooting & Mitcham, and Boreham Wood join us for next year's BSS. The goal for next year? Challenge for a playoff place.

10.2 is kicking my ass, having a real hard time getting any sort of attack going and I can't stop giving away penalties.

i would hesitate to say its your tactics or players, but i have not noticed any difference as i gave away loads of penalties on 10.1. in fact i have tightened up a bit although that could be down to better players.

Dartford - Barclays Premier League - 2022/23

----------------

Predicted: 12th

Finished: 16th

League Table

League Table Graph

A disappointing season and largely my fault admittedly. I put alot of faith in the young guns I took in and in the end it was too much for them. That said I am convinced we underachieved regardless of the performances largely being down to youth and inexperience at the back.

I am happy to bide my time and watch these kids become top footballers.

-----------------

Lookies

Transfers A few ins and outs with millions being sent and received.

Club Info Only realised that I'm not on the favoured personal list..bit weird to me given how I've transformed the club. Whatever. They can say sorry when I win the Premiership in a couple of years.

Squad Looking fine for the future I think. Will just a need a couple of signings this summer to solidify a couple of problem areas.

Finances Happy enough, will continue to build. Bit hard to judge also due to us constantly expanding the stadium by a couple thousand seats every year.

------------------------------------

Cups

Carling Cup Never a great Cup for me.

FA Cup Went far enough but went out to Man City (who had thrashed us 7-1 the previous week.)

Europa League Was nice to feel like a European contending side but if anything it distracted us and didn't really have any reward.

Key Players

Guto The star striker wasn't as prolific as last season as he suffered from team performances being down. 28 goals isn't a bad total though.

Leozao Good wee player behind Guto, always technically sound.

Youth

I have a couple of wonderkids I must show you..

Rik De Jong Young Dutch full back which was one the few of the young ones brought in that didn't look out of his depth.

Daniel Rau German midfielder which my assman is convinced will become a top, top player. On that basis I don't mind the £7million fee that got him here.

Career Overview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted
2015/16   Coca Cola League One     6th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2016/17   Coca Cola League One     9th         n/a
2017/18   Coca Cola League One     1st         Promoted as Champions
2018/19   Coca Cola Championship   13th        n/a
2019/20   Coca Cola Championship   3rd         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  8th         n/a
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  10th        Qualified for UEFA Europa League via Fair Play League
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  16th        n/a

Next Season

Obviously we must improve and we WILL improve. Will sign a couple of good premiership players and let the team grow. All is not as bad as it seems.

Same I stopped counting at 200 last night, rarest team I got so far is Hastings, if I don't get Ferriby by tomorrow I guess I will go with them.

I wanted a lower rep/facility side to make it harder this time around.

Did you happen to save that Hastings game? I've been trying to get them and can't.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2024/25

We've established ourselves as a side capable of challenging at the top, but we lack the real quality needed to mount a serious title challenge.

League Table

League Positions Graph

A disappointing season where we deteriorated throughout the season. We managed to qualify for the Europa League but missing out on the Champions League was a massive blow.

FA Cup - I fielded a weak team in every round and we got a lot further than I was expecting.

Carling Cup - again, the reserves nearly pulled off a great result.

UEFA Champions League - despite our poor league form we were superb in Europe. We strolled through the group stage and then blasted our way through the knockout stages with a series of high scoring games. The final was horrible, just as we thought we were back in it we lost out to a late goal. This now extends our record to losing finals in five different competitions.

Transfers - with the finances at the club a worry, I needed to make a profit this transfer window. Neils Kimoni was looking like a quality player so I accepted a £27.5m bid for our captain Aries de Vries. In a strange turn of events, he rejected a move to Man Utd then my chairman accepted a £10m bid for Kimoni.

Squad - this is a good squad but we still lack real strength in depth. I may need to blow the finances once again to bring in a couple of quality players for next season.

Key Player Profiles:

Sebastian Engelmann - the top scorer from last season did it once again.

Raí - a big improvement on last season.

David Bateman - this was a really exciting signing and he did well for a 16 year old. I'm hoping he can become a 30 goal a season striker in the next couple of years.

Chris Blackmore - I sold Marc Ward to give him a chance and he's looking good.

Paulo - he didn't have the best of seasons but he is still rated as my bext player by my coaching staff. Still one for the future.

Career Overview

2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists

Next Season

Once again, we need to find our way back into the Champions League. The finances are looking good now so I'm hoping the board will invest in a stadium expansion but with rumours of another takeover on the horizon I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't happen.

Good season dafuge :)

Finding it hard to get into Gundo's challenge, so am going to play on with my Merthyr save for a while. We're currently top of the table, 3 wins from 3 in the Champions League, and in the 4th Round of the League Cup

I just made the biggest transfer profit I've ever made.

Last season I signed a left back from Middlesborough for £95k and a season later I sold him to a French side for £4M and 'Boro didn't have a sell on clause :D

He was only 2 and a half star rated and I have an England U19's left back and Joe Dudgeon ahead of him in the pecking order.

Right, opinions are needed here. Do you think a player needs to have good physical attributes to make it at the top level?

Normally I wouldn't even think twice in this situation as I love my players to be good physically but I've come across a player who I think it might be worth taking a chance on. His physical attributes are not up to scratch but his technical and mental attributes are insane for his age.

Here he is

He's already described as a wonderkid and my scouts rate him very highly.

What do you think?

Not even in a role playing off the main striker?

I think the fact that he is fairly two footed and has good stamina should settle it. I would go for him, I mean he is only 19 so he should improve a nice bit.

I think the fact that he is fairly two footed and has good stamina should settle it. I would go for him, I mean he is only 19 so he should improve a nice bit.

I've already signed him. He had a minimum release clause fee of £9.75m so I thought it was worth the gamble.

Right, opinions are needed here. Do you think a player needs to have good physical attributes to make it at the top level?

Normally I wouldn't even think twice in this situation as I love my players to be good physically but I've come across a player who I think it might be worth taking a chance on. His physical attributes are not up to scratch but his technical and mental attributes are insane for his age.

Here he is

What do you think?

He should be a deadly Target Man, he's only young so you may be able to get his Aerobic attributes to go up a bit.

This is annoying the Bulgarian Striker who I have on loan for 3 months and has 11 goals in 9 games is transfer listed by Birmingham, who are willing to let him go for free, but everytime I offer him a contract he changes his demands to between £2.5K p/w and £3.6K p/w when the max. I can offer is £2.2K p/w :(

EDIT: Finally got him, had to bribe him with a £10K signing on fee in the end, but hopefully he'll continue the knock the goals in...

EDIT 2: He scores on his second debut, but gets himself injured in the process and is now out for 4 weeks :(

Right thanks to Cerneo kindly uploading his save game i am now able to start this challenge. (i will post up manager profile and picture tomorrow)

Due to it taking me so long to get to this point i didn't even bother with the reloading to get a team liked. I have decided to take over at Sutton United. I have pretty much released all the original players and brought in a ton of youth released by clubs (mainly Rangers and Celtic). I have decided to go for youhyt and see how that goes i think my oldest players is about 28 with the majority being 17/18/19 YO's.

after 7 starts in the league i have 0 wins, 5 draws and 2 losses. I am not too disheartend by these results a s i am usually playing pretty well and it is basiclly a new team who still have to nget used to each other. The main aim is to avoid relegation this year.

Here he is

What do you think?

It's always worth the risk, I've signed a 3 or 4 high potential players with fairly weak physical attributes in the hopes that putting them on a special training schedule will help them improve.

CAMBRIDGE CITY - PREMIER LEAGUE - 2016/17 (SEASON 7)

Media Prediction - The media are beginning to have a little bit more faith in us and predicted a finish of 5th!

League - By the middle of the season it was a two horse race between us and Chelsea. Usually I am clear by half way however the Chelsea boys did put us under some pressure. In the second half of the season they fell away though and we retained our title. Some interesting results included...

Cambridge City 6-0 Liverpool

Cambridge City 8-0 Sheffield United (In yer face Cleon ;))

A big disappointment this season however, was discipline. Over recent seasons it has become more and more of a pain. Including getting THREE SENT OFF away to Manchester City.

Once again some of our players excelled in the end of season Premier League stats.

Champions' League - Our first adventure at this level saw us drawn in a tough group that included Valencia and the team we beat in last season's Europa Final Inter Milan. Thankfully after game 4 we had qualified and in an attempt to lessen the fitness burden on our players toward the end of the season we played the reserves for the final 2 group games. In a tough Quarter Final we were drawn against rivals Chelsea. We went 2-0 up in the 1st leg at the Zola Arena but Chelsea manage an equaliser by the 92nd minute. The 2nd leg however was a different story and has to be one of the best performances in FM by a team of mine. The best XI featured no less than FIVE Cambridge City players.

FA Cup - Not many problems here apart from the Final v Arsenal where we trailed 1-0 for quite a while before dominating toward the end and ending up convincing winners. The 1st time in our history that we had lifted this historic trophy.

League Cup - For the 2nd successive season we made it to the Final however this time we fell to Manchester United (not for the 1st time this season) on penalties.

European Super Cup - Our 1st time in this event saw us face surprise Champions' League winners Benfica. With fitness not a problem at this stage of the season the lads absolutely dominated and Benfica were lucky to come away from Monaco with just a 1-0 loss.

Community Shield - Sadly a sign of things to come for the rest of the season. We dominated the game but got beat by Manchester United thanks mainly to central midfielder Billy Clifford being sent off.

Transfers - With a need to keep my awful youngsters who have come through our ranks from the youth system just to be able to name a squad I did not release any players this season. As far as the first team goes though we spent big. Amine Ziad was definitley my best purchase of the season. The youngster cost us a massive £13m but now not only plays on the right wing for Cambridge City but also is now a full French international. £12m was spent on Italian centre back Federico Bernado from Roma who also now has made it as a full international. £9.75m got me right back David Gonzalez from Atletico Madrid whilst our Spanish contingent increased with the £9m paid to Valladolid to secure left back Sergio Pavon. All these youngsters made their international debuts whilst playing for us but yet none of them thanked ME! (Ungrateful inbreds :mad:).

SQUAD - The addition of these four youngsters and that of Charles N'Zogbia who was a transfer listed bargain at just £3.6m from Arsenal finally brought us up to decent squad that could easily replace any injury or suspension problems. Meanwhile Marc Spellman continues his goalscoring feats. However FM is a bit silly at times. Spellman notched 60 goals in 60 games this seasons, won Europe's golden boot, was voted the Champions' League's best player and top scorer etc and yet despite being only 24 years old still only has national reputation AND has not even been added to an England squad yet. And as to why NONE of the big clubs in the World are the slightest bit interested in him beats me!!! (Still using 10.1 by the way as I will only upgrade when I start a new game). More scouts have been added to our team but its now getting difficult to find real quality.

There are a couple of newgens I'd like to add but I refuse to pay £30m for a Manchester United reserve!

I would show our best xi and overall xi but it appears to broken at the moment with silly players from the reserves making it into our starting XI. :confused:

Finances - As requested heres the state of our healthy finances. Healthy but could be so much better if it wasn't for those pescy shareholders, an expansion of 5,400 seats to make our stadium capacity just under 19,000 as well as youth and training upgrades.

Season   League                Position    Achievements
[font=Courier New]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font]
[font=Courier New]2010/11  Blue Square North     1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup 5th Round, FA Trophy Winners[/font]
[font=Courier New]2011/12  Blue Square Premier   1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup 4th Round, FA Trophy Winners[/font]
[font=Courier New]2012/13  League Two            1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup Finalists, League Cup 2nd Round, [/font]
[font=Courier New]         Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners[/font]
[font=Courier New]2013/14  League One            1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup 5th Round, League Cup 3rd Round, [/font]
[font=Courier New]         Johnstone's Paint Trophy 2nd Round[/font]
[font=Courier New]2014/15  Championship          1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup Finalists, League Cup 4th Round, [/font]
[font=Courier New]         Europa League Qualification[/font]
[font=Courier New]2015/16  Premier League        1st         Champions, Europa League Winners, FA Cup semi-finalists, [/font]
[font=Courier New]         League Cup Winners[/font]
[font=Courier New]2016/17  Premier League        1st         Champions, Champions' League Winners, FA Cup Winners, [/font]
[font=Courier New]         League Cup Finalists, European Super Cup Winners, Community Shield Runners-UP[/font]
[font=Courier New]***Challenge Completed***[/font]

Dartford - Blue Square South - 2011/2012

After a grueling season of floating around the playoff positions, Dartford clinch 5th place and strike their way into the Blue Square Premier with magnificent performances in the playoffs.

League: 5th (view)

FA Cup: First Round

FA Trophy: Second Round

Squad

We aimed to achieve a playoff position this year, and for the entire season, we were in the running for one. A couple of draws and losses against weaker teams saw us slip to 10th for a while, but we regained footing with narrow victories over our playoff rivals (Weston-super-Mare, Salisbury, Hayes & Yeading). However, a heavy defeat against then-leaders Newport County saw us drop back to the 7th/8th region.

Towards the end of the season, our players put in some truly impressive performances. We beat playoff rivals Hayes & Yeading to nab 5th spot, and solidified our playoff position with a 1-0 win against league leaders Chelmsford. On the final day, we played 4th-spot Salisbury. A 0-0 draw was followed by celebrations of entering the playoffs, due to 6th-placed Bath and 7th-place Hayes & Yeading both crashing to defeat.

We narrowly edged Bishop's Stortford 3-2 in the playoff semifinals, with a last-minute strike from my on-loan striker sealing the tie. We then proceeded to defeat Newport County (to whom we lost both league encounters) away from home, with a tight 1-0 scoreline. Blue Square Premier, here we come!

For next season, my goals are clear: avoid relegation from the BSP. This will prove difficult, since the BSP has no less than 4 relegation spots.

His stamina, combined with high work-rate should mean he still gets around the pitch enough even with low acceleration/pace - so this doesn't surprise me :)

Congrats SMSL, has to be the most impressive challenge completion I've ever seen, truly astounding!

As for me, well, in the words of Churchill - ooooooooh yes!

Archived