dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hassebasse Merthyr Tydfil 2024-2025 CCC

Finished 3rd on goal difference, lost the play off final. :(

Last league match of the season I needed a draw to go straight up, was down 1-0 and missed a penalty in the 94th. minute. Gutted !

League table

Transfers. Lots of activity this season

Squad

Top performer

Goals for the new season:

Promotion!

Well in two seasons of Champions League football we've gone from 4th to 3rd to top seeds... or are the holders automatically top seeded? Either way, our group is pretty easy considering the last couple - Barcelona, Dinamo Zagreb and CSKA Sofia :)

Bah, around 8 of my players' contracts are expiring at the end of the season but I can't renew them because the board gave me a ridiculously low wage budget at the start of the season that was well below what I was already paying. :mad:

Do you have any transfer budget left that could be switched onto the wage budget?

I've not quite done as well with Cambridge as Stephanie McMahon\'s Secret Lover has, but i've not done badly at all.

Season 2014-15

My aim for the second season in league two was the play offs after staying in the division comfortably last season. I brought in a fair few new faces either after having them on trail or had been chasing them for a while before they'd eventually come to me. The best coup here was Paul Pogba, who was my driving force in midfield.

An easy F.A cup run took me to round four where I was given a money spinning tie at Old Trafford. After changing from a normal 4-4-2 to a narrow 4-2-1-3 for this tie it completely changed my results around for the better. The replay was a close affair which I got the better of.

On to round five and I was drawn at home to Spurs, again it was a tight game and Pogba's goal was the difference.

I was going really well in the league and looking at a comfortable play off position by the time Man City came to the City Ground in round six. How I ever won this game still baffles me, Robinho and Adebayor could have had a hat trick each on a better day.

On to the semi final and my dreams were crushed after a 4-0 defeat against Villa, my only defeat after the change of tactic. This run meant i'd gone from tenth at christmas to sneaking third place and automatic promotion.

Season 2015-16

My scouting network was expanded to Europe and so came my first cash signing and a number of leading league 1/championship level players. Crnic was probably the star with 22 goals and 18 assists from AM in a season where I blitzed the league No such FA cup run this year with Spurs gaining revenge in round four.

My first season in the championship is going well so far with me not far off the play offs, i'll write a report once i'm done.

Cambridge City

[left]
2010/11   Blue Square North        9th         None
2011/12   Blue Square North        1st         Promoted as champions
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      4th        Promoted via the play offs
2013/14   Coca Cola League 2      18th      None
2014/15   Coca Cola League 2      3rd        Promoted via league position
2015/16   Coca Cola League 1      1st        Promoted as champions[/left]

Annihilator666 - Guiseley - Season 19/20 - Coca-Cola League 1

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Squad - Guiseley Squad

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Borja Cabrera

Records - Overall Records | Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

At the 5th attempt, I finally secured promotion from League 1, but I didn't make it easy for myself. A couple of bad results towards the end of the season meant I didn't gain automatic promotion and had to settle for the playoffs. The first leg of the semi-final, I lost 2-0 away to Norwich - disaster, I was now looking at another season in this damn league. However, the second leg was an extraordinary match. I won 2-0 to take the game into extra-time - where I scored another 3 goals to win 5-2 on agg! :D

Then in the final, I played out a tense 0-0 in the 90 mins against Shrewsbury - only to once again win after extra-time, this time 2-0.

Had my first good run in the FA Cup too this season, making it to the sixth round where I was beaten at White Hart Lane by Spurs. I had a relatively easy run to that point, my only giant-killing against West Brom in the fourth round.

Season     League                      League Finish    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Blue Square North           4th              Playoff Final Losers
2011/12    Blue Square North           1st              Blue Square North Champions
2012/13    Blue Square Premier         6th              None
2013/14    Blue Square Premier         1st              Blue Square Premier Champions
2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2          5th              Playoff Winners
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 1          6th              Playoff Semi-Final Losers
2016/17    Coca-Cola League 1          9th              None
2017/18    Coca-Cola League 1          11th             None
2018/19    Coca-Cola League 1          9th              None
2019/20    Coca-Cola League 1          3rd              Playoff Winners

CAMBRIDGE CITY 2014/15 - CHAMPIONSHIP - SEASON FIVE

Media Prediction - Finally the media realised our potential and instead of predicting us to finish 24th they predicted 23rd.

Championship - Another quality season from the lads although spare a thought for Burnley. They amassed 101 points and scored 107 goals but still finished 2nd. Once again our players were prominant in the player stats and in the Championship's Team of the Year.

League Cup - All was comfortable until we bumped into Aston Villa again in the 4th Round at home and lost 1-0 again.

FA Cup - An amazing campaign this season saw us start off with a 2-0 home win against Leeds followed by a 4-0 win away to fellow Championship side Stoke City. Round 5 was a good 2-0 win at home to Premiership team Everton and Round 6 was a stunning 3-0 win at Blackburn. The semi-final gave us a familiar opponent in WBA who we beat again 4-0. The FA Cup Final was not exactly a classic and unfortunately for the lads they fell to a 1-0 loss against Manchester City. Amazingly just after the defeat we were all smiles as we discovered that Manchester City finished 3rd in the Premiership and that we had earned a place in next season Europa League. :D

Squad - Worryingly the squad is getting very thin but as long as players such as player of the year Marc Spellman aren't out injured for long it might be good enough to do us proud in next season's Premiership.

Club Facilities

Following our outstanding season I seem to have become a World Class manager!

For the Premiership we were given a sizeable budget of £20m however shockingly I was unable to spend any of it before our first Premiership game because of a transfer embargo imposed due to an impending takeover. Amazingly the new Chairman has ideas about installing Gary Neville as the new manager!!! WTF?!?!?! :confused:

Unbelievabley no-one has ever made an approach for any of our players whatsoever at Cambridge City. Also for the 1st time I've seen my GK give away a free-kick for handball outside his area.

Season   League                Position    Achievements
[font=Courier New]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font]
[font=Courier New]2010/11  Blue Square North     1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup 5th Round, FA Trophy Winners[/font]
[font=Courier New]2011/12  Blue Square Premier   1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup 4th Round, FA Trophy Winners[/font]
[font=Courier New]2012/13  League Two            1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup Finalists, League Cup 2nd Round, Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners[/font]
[font=Courier New]2013/14  League One            1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup 5th Round, League Cup 3rd Round, Johnstone's Paint Trophy 2nd Round[/font]
[font=Courier New]2014/15  Championship          1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup Finalists, League Cup 4th Round, Europa League Qualification[/font]
[font=Courier New]

[/font]

2010-2011-Kings Lynn-BSN

Quite a poor first half to the season saw us 12 points from the playoff positions. From then we had a great turn around in form and with 5 games left we were 6 points from the playoffs but still in 16th. That is how tight the league was. We then lost and I gave up on the playoff dream and played the reserves for the rest of the games. Cup runs were very poor.

League-18th

League Position Graph

Transfers

Manager Overview

Well after 2 years apart from FM, Shaggy returns to the fold, hoping to go one better than Whitby Town and Heybridge Swifts had gone, whilst not sure where he was going to reappear, he decided to follow his best mate down south to Horsham

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p20/shaggy61/MichaelGrace.png

Come on you Hornets! (and as a Luton fan thats a hard thing to shout....)

Dartford - Barclays Premier League - 2020/21

----------------

Predicted: 20th

Finished: 8th

League Table

Amazing season for Dartford and it has left me a bit baffled as most of my squad is rated as Championship players.

These results during the season really made it our best ever.

Liverpool Away

Chelsea Away

Chelsea Home

Liverpool Home

-----------------

Carling Cup Sunderland beat us 3 days after we beat them in the league.

FA Cup Had a decent wee run until Liverpool seen us off after a replay.

Transfers

Squad Still not able to aquire home-grown talent.

Finances They're okay but we'll need to start pushing these profits up if we want a new stadium eventually.

------------------------------------

Key Men

Perego Bought from Frankfurt for just under £3million. He was by far our creativity hub and our engine.

Oueslati Our goalkeeper stood tall and looked firmly like he was in the right place against even the bigger sides in the league.

Guidetti Not as many goals as last season and definitely not as effective in the Premiership but he's doing okay.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted
2015/16   Coca Cola League One     6th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2016/17   Coca Cola League One     9th         n/a
2017/18   Coca Cola League One     1st         Promoted as Champions
2018/19   Coca Cola Championship   13th        n/a
2019/20   Coca Cola Championship   3rd         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  8th         n/a

Next Season

Get a world class striker in if possible. Need a better back-up keeper also. I will probably have to sell my spanish centre back Antonio Torres as he seems to be wanting to fly the coop.

In all honesty, I feel we really overachieved this season and therefore whilst I will be aiming for midtable I would honestly be satisfied with simply remaining in the Premier League.

As if lossing 0-2 to a team that only had 2 shots in the game wasn't bad enough a few games later this happens :mad::mad:

I watch on extended and their 4th so called shot was a cross which was blocked for a corner so they only actually had 3 shots and scored all of them - both of Medley's goals came 30 yards plus - and he has 3 for long shots :thdn:

Cambridge City 20/21

Table

Graph

Season Review: Very solid season spent all of my transfer budget and I think I got a fairly solid return, have some solid youth in the back that should be very strong going forward. Still looking for another striker to pain with Saavedra, and I need a real talent for the midfield still. Other than that solid squad looking forward to my first time being this close to completing Daf's challenge.

FA Cup FA Cup Final

Carling Cup Carling Cup Final

Cup Review: Winners of the Carling and lost in the Final for the FA, had very strong runs throughout and was focused on doing well since I spent most of the season in the red.

Transfers

Squad

Finances

Players:

Araujo - DC: Very cheap and good pick up, he should be here for a long time unless the chairman overrules me one day. Possibly the best player on the team, certainly the best defender.

Ashe - MC/R/L: Picked this guy up for his utility, wanted someone to fill the gaps around injuries should that come up, he turned out to be very good.

Hogg - DC/R: One of my youth buys, according the scouts and assman he will be as good as Araujo one day, better be soon because I still feel like I am leaking goals I should not.

Kimble - MR: My one good prospect buy, developed alright his first season here, still wish I have better training grounds, can't seem to get them built fast enough. Going to give him some starts next season since I will be playing so many games.

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSN                 1st                           Promotion
2011/12       BSP                 13th				
2012/13       BSP                 1st                     Promotion/FA T Winner
2013/14       L2                  13th                      4th Round FA Cup
2014/15       L2                  4th            Simifinal Playoffs/ 4th Round FA Cup
2015/16       L2                  1st                  Promotion/Paint Trophy Winners
2016/17       L2                  1st                  Promotion/Paint Trophy Winners
2017/18       C                   7th                       
2018/19       C                   2nd                             Promotion
2019/20      EPL                  15th
2020/21      EPL                  3rd                Carling Cup Winners/FA Cup Finals

Next Season: Another star striker, very talented MC and maybe a new GK.

As if lossing 0-2 to a team that only had 2 shots in the game wasn't bad enough a few games later this happens :mad::mad:

I watch on extended and their 4th so called shot was a cross which was blocked for a corner so they only actually had 3 shots and scored all of them - both of Medley's goals came 30 yards plus - and he has 3 for long shots :thdn:

Take a look at the closing down, if your players were closing the other people down too much so were out of position when he got the ball and he was in a lot of space, it will make it far more likely that he'll score. The ME for 10.1 seems very exaggerated in this respect, it's very important to not give any one player space between 20 and 30 yards out, no matter how awful they're supposed to be at long shots.

dafuge's FM10 Challenge Summary Preview

Here is the latest Challenge Summary.

If you like what I've done, the best way to support this is by updating your season thus far at this website. Bookmark it now! Add any suggestions/feedback/problems here or PM me.

2 questions

1) Do you need to fill in a new form for each season

2) The tick boxes for the cup, are they to be ticked if you win that trophy

My inability to hold onto the lead is starting to get annoying - Accrington have just made it 2-2 with the last kick of the game :(

However I've just looked through my games and in four games I've come back from behind to win or draw and in another four games I've drawn or lost after taking the lead so it's all even surprisingly.

As if lossing 0-2 to a team that only had 2 shots in the game wasn't bad enough a few games later this happens :mad:

Take a look at the closing down, if your players were closing the other people down too much so were out of position when he got the ball and he was in a lot of space, it will make it far more likely that he'll score. The ME for 10.1 seems very exaggerated in this respect, it's very important to not give any one player space between 20 and 30 yards out, no matter how awful they're supposed to be at long shots.

Interesting stuff - thanks for the tip :thup: - although in this case I don't think it was an issue - generally I don't let in a whole load of long shots - just a case of their player having a red letter day.

He was one of their two strikers and both efforts were first time snap shots when he was being well marked by my centre half :thdn:

Im getting frustrated looking at the game-play. When i have key on i see lots of ridicouless mistakes, and especially the GK's seem like they are blind, they make stupid moves and sometimes no move at all(mostly when a ball is coming towards the keeper and its easy for the keeper to get to the ball before the opponent striker, but the GK stays put). I really think the game-play have suffered ALOT since 09, i hope this will be looked at in next patch..

And im not just beeing a bad loser :)

2 days later... stil no Durham :( whats the longest people have tried to get a team for?

MikaelS tried for around 3/4 days to get Chippenham, and eventually succeeded. However, to get Durham, it will/would take literally thousands of re-loads, possibly over 5,000 i would guess.

Well I've found out how to attract fans to my games - win them - our average attendance has increased by 700 this season, and we have actually 100% filled the stadium for several games and after 14/15 home games we have the best home record in the league which is rather different than our woeful home form last season.

Kingstonian (2021/2022)

Championship Prediction - 7

Championship Position - 5

Table

Graph

Summary

Once again we started out playing badly and i was affraid that we would have another playoff season rather than straight promotion. But we started playing good after 10 games.

And after losing the playoffs the last two years we finally WON the league and got promoted to the Premier league. at last!

Squad

Meli Got his big breakthrough this year

Siaravas Our first prospect from our own ranks, did very good in his first couple of games.

Serginho

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:

Stay up, get a new defender and two midfielders.

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     2010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
Blue Square South     2011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
Blue Square Premier   2012/13   5th       Playoff semi-final losers 
Blue Square Premier   2013/14   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions
League Two            2014/15   2nd       JPT Winners, Promotion
League One            2015/16   13th      none
League One	      2016/17   2nd	  Promotion
Championship	      2017/18   14th	  none
Championship	      2018/19   12th	  none
Championship	      2019/20   5th	  Playoff semi-final losers
Championship	      2020/21   5th	  Playoff final losers
Championship	      2021/22   1st	  Championship Champions

New Manager of Wealdstone, 1050 rep and 2000 capaticy, lets get started!

That attempt ended being relegated smack-bang bottom of the table, so i reloaded and this time went with Tooting!

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - BSS - 2010/11

League Table

Position Graph

Didnt get any of my transfer targets and had to settle with cheap backup's to fill the gaps as i let a bunch of players 2 stars or below leave, Rough season all in all as reflected by the graph, i gradually brought in players over the season and hopefully they will be my core players to build onto next season.

Transfers -

Few out, More in

Squad

Still pretty weak, funnily enough my worst striker was my top scorer, his tally almost convinced me to give him a new contract, but unfortunatly he'll be let go to make room for the new arrivals.

Finances

100k in the red :(

I even had over 1k per week wage budget spare, seems my match day expenses were the main culprit (well it is London after all).

Career Overview

Season League Position Achievements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11 BSS 18th n/a

Next Season

Attempt for a Playoff spot, its a big ask considering my current position but im hoping i can attract some better players.

Just got revenage on the computer - Grimsby and Italian Striker Trotta (who looks a lot better than when I had him in FM09) have just mauled me for 45 mins not helped by one of my centre-backs being sent off after 30 minutes, but within 10 minutes of the restart we found ourselves 3-2 up from two shots and a pen :D

Congratulations kaNovi, glad you finally made it :)

Ouch Michael - always seems to be the way! In many ways I find it tricky to play against the very rubbish teams - I think I dropped points against the bottom club in both of my Premier League winning seasons. I haven't really found the best way to approach these sort of matches yet I don't think.

Congratulations kaNovi, glad you finally made it :)

Ouch Michael - always seems to be the way! In many ways I find it tricky to play against the very rubbish teams - I think I dropped points against the bottom club in both of my Premier League winning seasons. I haven't really found the best way to approach these sort of matches yet I don't think.

Same here, whenever I see that a team is in last I get ready lose, even more so if its a home game for me, always lose them.

Archived