dafuge's FM10 challenge

However after asking about tactics advise i followed SnakeXe's suggestion and changed from balanced to rigid philisophy, this worked wonders as the defence were tighter and the goals started going in again.

:eek: I helped someone?!

SMSL, you're just making us all look bad. Now go and think about what you've done! :mad:

Seriously, that's just incredible. If you can do the same in the Championship you're probably the best FM player I've ever seen/heard of - if you can do it in the Premiership then I will start a religion :D

Edit: Forgot to post what I came in here to post - signed off in the Champ's League group stage with a 4-0 demolition of Fenerbahce :) unfortunately FC Bayern also beat Benfica so we're group runners up by a point /o\

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:eek: I helped someone?!

Invaluable advice.

This season is going better, just lost at home to Cardiff 4-1 in the FA cup 3rd Rd, Cardiff are 4th in the prem mind. Replied by spanking Reading 6-0 away in the League with 10 men for 45 mins.

Unfortunately its Jan and the chairman is busy selling again, 1 player gone already and the vultures circling over others. In Jan i signed on a bosman a new striker and he came in jun and he's now rated at good prem standard :cool:

Nantwich Town, Season 10, 2019-20 - Blue Square Premier

Finished - 10th

League Table Link

Past Positions

Squad

Transfers

The Players Who Weren't That Crap

Matty Moore - The young English central defender did a very good job this year, having a very solid season.

Jared Hodgkiss - The experienced right back had a very good season, as Captain he definitely lead by example.

Adam Paterson - The young striker had another good season, producing 27 goals from 51 appearances.

-

Season Summary

So, another season of debt, lackluster performances and of course, the Blue Square Premier. With the club still in debt and the wage budget still restricted, I couldn't really bring anybody in. Half-way through the season I managed to convince most of the players to renew their contracts, I've freed up about 2K at the moment, however I don't know how much of that I will have next season.

-

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square North       15th         None
2011/12   Blue Square North       1st          Promoted via winning the league
2012/13   Blue Square Premier     19th         None
2013/14   Blue Square Premier     10th         None
2014/15   Blue Square Premier     1st          Promoted via winning the league
2015/16   Coca Cola League 2      19th         None
2016/17   Coca Cola League 2      23rd         Relegated 
2017/18   Blue Square Premier     2nd          Lost in play-off final
2018/19   Blue Square Premier     10th         None 
2019/20   Blue Square Premier     10th         None

Annihilator666 - Guiseley - Season 17/18 - Coca-Cola League 1

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Squad - Guiseley Squad

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Borja Cabrera

Records - Overall Records | Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

Competition History - Past League Positions | Full Competitions History

Third season in League 1, and once again I regressed compared to last season, finishing two places lower in the league. I don't know how everyone else is managing to keep their finances in check, but even though I stay under (or level with) the wage budget, I'm losing huge amounts of money. In my second season in League 1 I had a wage budget of £32k to work with. This season, £26.5k. Next season, £24k. :(

There's no way I'm gonna be able to fill out my squad with a budget like that. Really have no idea what I'm gonna do. I had 4 players on loan for this season and will definitely have to do the same thing again.

Annihilator666, i know how you feel, i've struggled in L1, although my chairman has sold every player which has had a bid over 300k so my finances are around 0.

I think to succeed you need to cut your debt, either let some of your high earners go or sell some of your more valuble players, especially Doherty he could wipe out your debt.

Get in some good young players on lower wages, France has a number of very good young players at L1/ championship standard.

Annihilator666, i know how you feel, i've struggled in L1, although my chairman has sold every player which has had a bid over 300k so my finances are around 0.

I think to succeed you need to cut your debt, either let some of your high earners go or sell some of your more valuble players, especially Doherty he could wipe out your debt.

Get in some good young players on lower wages, France has a number of very good young players at L1/ championship standard.

Doherty just joined at the start of June when his contract with Rangers expired. And I've only ever had ONE transfer bid on any of my players since I started the challenge, and that was £35k for one of my best players - which I rejected.

Dartford - Coca Cola Championship - 2019/20

----------------

Predicted: 19th

Finished: 3rd

League Table

We had a great season with tons of goals and a lot of great performances from goalkeeper to striker. We probably should have came second but we faultered in the run-in and slipped back into the play-off places. The Semi's were hard going but Guidetti finished Reading off and in the final I thought FM was about to give me kick in the 'you know whats' when Wolves came back to level from 2-0 in the last 20 minutes. Lucky enough, 31 year old Vincenzo Rennella, who pretty much was a sub all season, grabbed the headlines with the winning goal to send us through to the promised land.

Semi (1st Leg)

Semi (2nd Leg)

Final

-----------------

Carling Cup Nothing really happened here.

FA Cup Didn't really get anywhere.

Transfers

Squad Lacking home grown talent and I'm worried heading into the Premiership.

Finances

I'm quite worried about heading into the Premiership with dire finances.

------------------------------------

Key Men

Ben Lasserre Didn't play that great in his first season in the Championship but put that right this season for sure.

Nicola Guidetti Record breaking striker. A class act with hardly any attention on him bar lower Seria A clubs.

Chris Bombele Cracking free transfer and got nearly the same amount of goals as Guidetti.

Luke Hubbins Another solid season from the man on my right wing.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted
2015/16   Coca Cola League One     6th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2016/17   Coca Cola League One     9th         n/a
2017/18   Coca Cola League One     1st         Promoted as Champions
2018/19   Coca Cola Championship   13th        n/a
2019/20   Coca Cola Championship   3rd         Promoted Via Play-Offs

Next Season

I'm worried more than excited. There's a very good chance I'm coming back down but here's hoping.

Doherty just joined at the start of June when his contract with Rangers expired. And I've only ever had ONE transfer bid on any of my players since I started the challenge, and that was £35k for one of my best players - which I rejected.

you could try offering some of them around, i have a habit of hovering up a lot of youth players let go by the big prem clubs, often Irish and Scottish clubs buy them for 200-300k even though they are reserves for me.

you could try offering some of them around, i have a habit of hovering up a lot of youth players let go by the big prem clubs, often Irish and Scottish clubs buy them for 200-300k even though they are reserves for me.

Always thought offering them around would upset the players, but it seems not. Just had a £500k bid for one of my players. :thup:

My finances have been horrendous throughout, I broke my budget almost every year, lost money every year, banked on going up the leagues quick enough to get the Premier League cash bonus before it caught up with us too badly - and it worked(ish). £14m in the red, £16m of debts at the moment. Should be back in the black with Champs League TV money and prize money though :)

Even with our success finances are now just crippling us. Our centre back Michele Fornasier has 6 months left on his contract and won't sign a new deal. I have had to bring in just 2 loans this season and thats all I have been able to do. Thay are only fringe players to boost my squad numbers. I am hoping for a good cup run somewhere.

I am however, absolutely amazed that in this my 5th season I have still yet to be offered ANY money for ANY PLAYER!!! You would have thought someone somewhere would have made an offer for someone.

I've had a couple of offers for my players, but only those I put on the transfer list and offered to clubs.

Usually these are players just starting the last year of their contract and would rarely play for the first team. So I don't get much money except for the sell on clauses, which I rarely get as their new clubs tend to let their contract run out and let them go for free.

I have had a few clubs interested in some of my first team players, but no club has even put in an enquiry not even for the younger players who are playing very well for their age.

I am however' date=' absolutely amazed that in this my 5th season I have still yet to be offered ANY money for ANY PLAYER!!! You would have thought someone somewhere would have made an offer for someone.[/quote']

Just checked my transfer history, and my first transfer out where I received any money was my first season in League One - and that was compensation for a youngster (£300k). The first time I actually was offered money was the next season, still in League One (£500k). I do find that you rarely get offers unless you offer players out, if you do that you can generally rake in a bit of cash.

Just checked my transfer history, and my first transfer out where I received any money was my first season in League One - and that was compensation for a youngster (£300k). The first time I actually was offered money was the next season, still in League One (£500k). I do find that you rarely get offers unless you offer players out, if you do that you can generally rake in a bit of cash.

perhaps it depends on your financial situation and how bad it is, i've always had a lot of offers especially in league 1, and the chairman has accepted most of them.

perhaps it depends on your financial situation and how bad it is, i've always had a lot of offers especially in league 1, and the chairman has accepted most of them.

I had that several times too, across the season where I finally won promotion from League One I had both my first choice full-backs, best left winger, and best centre-half sold from under me (who I subsequently re-signed and helped me win promotion to the Premier League).

I had that several times too, across the season where I finally won promotion from League One I had both my first choice full-backs, best left winger, and best centre-half sold from under me (who I subsequently re-signed and helped me win promotion to the Premier League).

in 4 years i've had 7 players sold by the chairman, i wouldn't mind but i know i could get more for them and he doesn't get sell on clauses either

in 4 years i've had 7 players sold by the chairman, i wouldn't mind but i know i could get more for them and he doesn't get sell on clauses either

That's exactly what annoyed me, sold them all for around £500k each when I know I could have got £1m out of them - which I'd have been happy to accept to be honest! The really galling one was the left winger - sold on the morning of our match against our closest rivals to them. Couldn't delay it cause the chairman overruled. Ridiculous. Needless to say, they went on to claim the title whilst we limped home in second :mad:

Think it's got to be our year really:

Screenshot2009-12-10at150206.png

Man Utd have sorted themselves out having been in the relegation zone for the first half of the season, now displaying top-4 form again, Arsenal the same but had a less bad first half, and Spurs and Man City look to have got it right again. Of the teams at the top only Villa are perennial challengers, so if we can hold it together we should take the title :) if we don't, then it's definitely looking like it'll be trickier next year :(

Carshalton Athletic, Season 1, 2010-2022 - Blue Square South

Media Prediction - 16th

Finished - 1st

After a slow start, fiddling the tactics and formations, sacking players and bringing in new faces (34 of them!!) - old and young - things got better and during the spiring we managed an impressive streak of 24 games without losing. I have to give creds to the new Assistant Manager for this. I had a look at the old one, and noticed he had really bad tactical knowlegde, and therefor provided me with less info on the opposition players. After the hiring of a more decent assistant, the fortunes changed, and we were constantly climbing the table.

Squad

Some key players:

Darren Barnard: Veteran left back, swinging in precise corners, providing 12 assist in the league. He also was my main guy from the penalty spot, giving 9 goals.

Ian Armstrong: Top goalscorer, 16 goals in 38 matches. Also contributed with 12 assists.

Paul Furlong: Veteran striker without pace, retrained for playmaker AMC role. Not very successful, his complete lack of speed must be the reason for this. His other attributes are amazing for this level.

Fabio Ferreira: Portuguese winger signed in january. Scoring some goals being on the recieving end of crosses to far post. Good pace/acc and decent crossing skills making him one of the best wingers in the league.

So promotion and great success. Now eagerly anticipating the new season. Will we be able to do some new signings for the new season?

ARRRGH! They took out my top goalscorer 6 months with an injurie, and now when my backup striker plays incredibly they take him out for 2 months. 2 games left of the season and im within grasp of a playoff spot.

Edit: i made it to the playoffs, lets hope our bad statistics in our playoff games turnaround this time

Kingstonian (2019/2020)

Championship Prediction - 19

Championship Position - 5

Table

Graph

Summary

After last season struggle with finances the board seemed to lighten up a bit and i could get in a couple of players and

sell the onces who didnt wanne renew the contract this year.

The spending did us good in the league but we were no good in the cups. Almost all season we where within grasp of a playoff spot

and with 2 games to go we got the spot ending as no 5 in the league.We were to meet Derby in the Semis. we had lost the last 2 playoffs we had played in but maybee third time was the charme?

NO. Sabatini Chose to get a red card 12 minutes into the first match, and im sure thats why we lost

2-2 1-0 , 2-3 aggregate. So i REALLY need to win the league if i should have any hopes of reachin PL.

Squad

Our top striker Alvarez unfortunaly was out for 6 months! he could well have been the Championship top goalscorer for a second season in a row.

Klinkenberg

Libertazzi

Holmar New signing, played a big part in us finishing 5th

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:

Well i guess it would make no sense for me to aim for a playoff spot ???????

At least we are finally getting our stadium, so maybee the luck would change :)

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     2010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
Blue Square South     2011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
Blue Square Premier   2012/13   5th       Playoff semi-final losers 
Blue Square Premier   2013/14   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions
League Two            2014/15   2nd       JPT Winners, Promotion
League One            2015/16   13th      none
League One	      2016/17   2nd	  Promotion
Championship	      2017/18   14th	  none
Championship	      2018/19   12th	  none
Championship	      2019/20   5th	  Playoff semi-final losers

Annihilator666 - Guiseley - Season 18/19 - Coca-Cola League 1

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Squad - Guiseley Squad

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Rafaele Corradini

Records - Overall Records | Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

Competition History - Past League Positions | Full Competitions History

Even though I finished two places higher than last season, I am disappointed. After 20 games I was sitting at the top of the league, clear by five points. Then the inconsistency hit, and I drew way too many games and lost a couple against teams in the relegation zone. Pretty frustrating.

I sorted my finances out by selling a few players and the board finally decided to build a new stadium - I laughed my ass off when I read that our old ground is only selling for £240k!!!

Hopefully I can push for a playoff place/automatic promotion this season and get my attempt at completing the challenge back on track.

Annihilator666, good to see your financial situation has improved.

I was promoted last season and the difference in the squad was down to a couple of top strikers, you might want to look at france and italy as they always have some.

Congrats SnakeXe! :thup:

Not fair! Annihilator's stadium only takes 12 months to build and mine takes 2 years!!! :(

Lazy Cambridge builders!!!

Haha' date=' yea, I was surpised that it would be finished in a year. Unless there are delays in the construction... :|

Annihilator666, good to see your financial situation has improved.

I was promoted last season and the difference in the squad was down to a couple of top strikers, you might want to look at france and italy as they always have some.

Indeed, before the start of the season I trialled a bunch of Italian and Spanish players and came up with a few good ones. Signed a couple of Frenchies too... :D

Season 16 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Premier League - 1st, Champions (Table)

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round (lost v Galatasaray)

FA Cup - 6th Round (lost v Newcastle)

League Cup - Semi Final (lost v Man City)

Transfers

Well that's one of the two challenges finished :) great season, performed better than expected in all the cups, and took advantage of a relatively poor year for the top Premier League sides to win the title!

Since it's such a momentous occasion, here are some screenshots:

The Manager

Stats

The Team

GK - Paulinho

DR - Javier Castro ©

DL - Christos Papadimitriou

DC - Christian Bordes

DC - Ralf Hammer

MR - Massimo Bartolini

ML - Arjan Reinertz

MC - Mehmet Uyar

MC - Jorge Frasco

FC - Paul Craig

FC - Jose Manuel Moran

The Club

Info

Facilities

Finances

For next year, I'd like to replace both full-backs as they're not really good enough, plus the central midfield if I can. Obviously this will take a lot of cash, so it won't be possible in all likelihood, but we'll do the best we can. Right back should be okay as I have a youngster coming through, so DL and MCd are the priorities.

Season    League                  Position  Achievements                  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South       1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two    4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2013/14   Coca-Cola League One    6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Coca-Cola League One    4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2015/16   Coca-Cola League One    17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
2016/17   Coca-Cola League One    2nd       Promoted
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship  18th      None
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship  21st      None
2019/20   Coca-Cola Championship  9th       None
2020/21   Coca-Cola Championship  6th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2021/22   Premier League          13th      None
2022/23   Premier League          14th      None
2023/24   Premier League          9th       None
2024/25   Premier League          4th       League Cup Runners Up
[b]2025/26   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions[/b]

Previous Season Reports:

Season 1 - 2010/11

Season 2 - 2011/12

Season 3 - 2012/13

Season 4 - 2013/14

Season 5 - 2014/15

Season 6 - 2015/16

Season 7 - 2016/17

Season 8 - 2017/18

Season 9 - 2018/19

Season 10 - 2019/20

Season 11 - 2020/21

Season 12 - 2021/22

Season 13 - 2022/23

Season 14 - 2023/24

Season 15 - 2024/25

well done snake. im in the prem at the minute, lost some motivation though, after 4 seasons i can't seem to push on from mid table

Yeah non-progress is a bit soul destroying :( try and make a big signing to inspire the team to a higher level - £26.5m of wingers took us from 9th to 4th and then a £22.5m striker made us champions :)

Well done SnakeXe on completing the first part of the challenge. I'm surprised you haven't improved the facilities at all.

Think my finances have been too poor in the past, but the Champions League money should change that. Fingers crossed I'll get the message about a new ground soon :)

Think my finances have been too poor in the past, but the Champions League money should change that. Fingers crossed I'll get the message about a new ground soon :)

unlikely i don't think you have nearly enough in the bank yet

Boston Utd - Blue Square Premier - 2014/15

Final Position - 3rd

Predicted Finish - 9th

Final League Table

Positions Graph

Finished in 3rd place again but had a disappointing playoff loss to Wrexham and missed on a promotion spot for the 2nd year in a row. I had a rough start to the season due to a lot of new players coming in and my attempt to go to a more attacking tactic. When i returned to my trusty defensive setup we started to win again but just fell short of topping the table in the end.

Top Transfer News

Mark Fotheringham (Out) - My best player in the side demanded to be moved as he wanted to pursue other career options. I had no choice but to let him go, much to the board's objection.

Calvin Andrew (In) - Came over for 7 grand from Carmarthen.

Tommy Fraser (In) - The talented midfielder was brought in to replace Fotheringham.

Cup Results

FA Cup

FA Trophy

General Information

Confidence

Finances

Transfers

Squad

Overall Stats

Top 5 performers of the season:

Derek Bassi - (Avg rating 7.13) Another fantastic season from Bassi.

Matty Hughes - (Avg rating 7.06) Solid season again from Matty he and Bassi are a great tandem in the middle of the defensive line.

Nathan Cameron -(Avg rating 7.04) Definitely the surprise player of the year he put in some great performances as a backup.

Steven McDonnell - (Avg rating 6.98) The young midfielder had the best year so far at Boston Utd.

Evan Horwood - (Avg rating 6.97) The new signing had a solid season at LB.

Top 3 Prospects:

None of any mention.

Outlook for 2015/16 Season in the Blue Square Premier Division:

Again try for promotion and try to bring some some younger players in. The squad is getting quite old. I am also going to try a more attacking style this year.

Career Overview

Boston Utd
Season        Division                    Position                 Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North           9th                   None
2011/12       Blue Square North           3rd                   Promoted (through playoff)
2012/13       Blue Square Premier         11th                  FA Trophy Winners
2013/14       Blue Square Premier         3rd                   None
2014/15       Blue Square Premier         3rd                   None

with 3 games remaining im 4th with 3 point up to no 2 and straight promotion and im 5 points from no 7. I hope i can win the last 3 and snatch the promotion spot so i dont have to lose another playoff (that wpuld be my 4th playoff and ived lost all of them this far)

Archived