dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Truro City - 4th placed, Blue Square South 2010/2011

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sheeshkebab/Truro/BlueSquareSouth-4.png - Final Table

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sheeshkebab/Truro/BlueSquareSouth-5.png - League Graph.

I was lucky. Either way, next season will take some rebuilding.

Playoffs to be played tomorrow. Took 6 points off Salisbury this season, but both games were very tight. I expect 2 more tight games.

Dartford - Coca Cola League One - 2017/18

----------------

Predicted: 18th

Finished: 1st

League Table

League Table Graph

A great season with a lot of satisfaction aside from major losses on the balance sheet. We scored just about enough to keep runs going and in the end we were worthy winners.

-----------------

Carling Cup

JPT

FA Cup

Transfers Got a certain Giles Barnes in on a free, did very well overall.

Squad Looks ok now but improvement is needed as usual.

Finances Suffered due to me going for broke with getting a few good players in. Payed off but we need to start making profits.

Info

------------------------------------

Key Men

Giles Barnes Far too good for this level when he pulled his finger out.

Charlie Dickinson My awesome left winger. Will probably have to be sold as he's unhappy but hopefully not.

Bergsma Starting to look like a quality striker. Not sure how he will fair in the Championship but I feel deserves a chance.

Ben Lesserre The best centre back I've had at the club so far. Not perfect and definitely not a superstar that will stay with me all the way to the Premiership but still deserves his praise.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted
2015/16   Coca Cola League One     6th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2016/17   Coca Cola League One     9th         n/a
2017/18   Coca Cola League One     1st         Promoted as Champions

Next Season

Survival. Seriously, I can tell it's going to be tough as hell next season. Fingers crossed we can stay up and build from there.

Good job sheesy!

Good season Jonny, Lesserre definitely looks Championship quality - if his Positioning was about 5 points better he'd do alright in the Premiership

Thanks! I was a little lucky, I can't expect that next season!

Good job sheesy!

Good season Jonny, Lesserre definitely looks Championship quality - if his Positioning was about 5 points better he'd do alright in the Premiership

Yeah - Lasserre looks seriously good for league 1 - position would ideally be higher for top level championship / prem but at your level for last season I guess 15 pace got him out of trouble a few times. Also his jumping and heading must have meant when he was in position he did losse much in the air. Assuming from the 12 goals you have a decent corner routine involving him as well. 9 Mom from a defender is also pretty special :thup:

Bradford Park Avenue - Blue Square North - 2010-2011

----------------

Predicted: 21st

Finished: 3rd (Playoffs)

League Table

Well past experience of this challenge has normally seen me cruise the 1st two seasons in the Conference level of leagues, but not to be this time.

We were always up there in the top 4 or so, mostly in 2nd place, but Southport were a class above the rest of the division, and it was always going to be the playoffs for me.

-----------------

PLAYOFFS

We were drawn against Hayes, who had posed us problems in our previous meetings.

1st leg An immense performance and result to beat them 2-1 away in the 1st leg, setting us up nicely for the return.

2nd leg A nervy match in the end, despite Malcolm Christie putting us 2-0 up early doors. I was bricking it by the end to be honest, as if they scored a third we would have been in trouble...

So in the final we were drawn against Corby, who I was actually more confident of beating than Hayes.

Playoff Final 2 good 1st half goals, had me quite relaxed until they pulled one back after 69 minutes via the penalty spot. However when Christie slotted home the pen with 4 minutes left, I knew we were going up!

Promoted to the Blue Square Premier!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Transfers Well I raided my favourite club Celtic for their free transfers, and have picked up a few promising Scots lads for this level. Jordan Lowdon was the low point, have promised much more than he delivered, with Robbie Crawford being the star signing.

Squad Will need a massive overhaul for the next step up, but they have coped ok this season.

Finances Struggling for cash at the moment, and considering the size of our attendances (Avg:476) I don't see this improving any time soon.

Career Overview

[b]Season                League                  Position            Achievements[/b]

2010/11               Blue Square North         3rd               Promoted Via Play-Offs

Next Season

Well 1st thoughts were merely just to survive in the BS Premier, but after the 1st 4 games, I have won 3 and drawn 1, so maybe we should be aiming a bit highter!

(just realised I've made a bit of an arse of the tags, but can't be bothered going back and fixing them. will have it sorted for the next update!)

Sutton United - League 1 2013/14

League 1

Well, yet another promotion as champions despite only telling the board that we'll avoid relegation. Some of my players are really starting to punch above their weight. I rellay expected both Barnsley and Stockport to also be promoted as they were pushing us for most of the season until they hit sticky patches towards the end of the season. Perhaps the little bid of minds games I played with the barnsley manager elp to cause their promotion blip, especially as we hammered then 4-1 away.

We ended up winning the league with 4 games left to play.

League Cup

A little bad luck with the draw in this competition saw us against Championship side Watford in the first round at Vicarage Road which we won 2-0. In the second round we drew another Championship side away and lost to Birtmingham 3-1

JPT Trophy

We were a little lucky in this draw and only faced one fellow League 1 side before the final. In the South final we faced Luton and won the first leg at home 2-1 but lost the second leg away 3-2. I forgot that away goals counted and was expecting extra time or even penalties, but we wnt through to the final at Wembley anyway.

We faced fellow League 1 side Crewe in the final and ended up winning 3-2 to get our second cup.

FA Cup

Last season we had a hell of a cup run that saw us get to a 4th round replay against West Brom.

This season was another triumph. In the first round we faced Luton and came out 2-1 winners. The second round saw us go to League 2 Hereford and despite Hereford having a player sent off after 5 minutes it wasn't until the 92nd minute that the winning goal was scored.

The third round we were drawn away to Champinship Walsall and we wnt 2-1 down and down to 10 men after 66 minutes only to end up earning a 3-3 draw and take it to a replay. The replay saw us hammer them 4-0

The fourth round saw us against another Championship side Hull and we were 3-1 down when we had a central defender sent off in the 73rd minute. I made a big formation change that saw us score the equaliser in the 92nd minute. The replay went our way with a 3-1 win.

In the fith round we ended up goint to Goodison to play in from of the cameras against Everton. Unfortunately for us I had 2 strikers out injured and 2 loan who were ineligable (I'll have to double check that clause in future loan deals)

That left us with 1 fit striker who was a little goal shy. Needless to say we lost, but only by the single goal. For some reasons the fans were disappointed with that result.

We actually sold a fair few players this season and a few more went out in January for a percentage of the sell on fee as I didn't really need them and I needed to free up some wages. Ian Barratt became the clubs record signing at £450k, but as a 17 year old keeper with Premier League potential and already good enough for teh Championship I through that it would be worth it.

I also signed a few French youngsters partially with the future in mind, but 2 of them forced thwir way into the starting 11 even with the language barrier.

The squad was trimmed down to 27 professionals including 3 long term loanees and 1 or 2 3 month loans a couple of times.

Dean Cronin became the vice captain and due to Hodgkiss not being quite up to League 1 standard he was captain for most of the matches and did superbly and even scored 10 goals from corners.. Well enough to have other clubs sniffing around him, but a new contract with £2.5M release clause stopped that. I doubt that he'll be ready for the full captains role next season, so I'll proabably give the armband to an older player who won't play often in the Championship.

Paris Cowan-Hall was again top scorer even after a 10+ hour goal drought during the season.

Simon McMahon was singed on loan as a back up, but due to Liam head struggling he ended up starting a lot of the games. He can be inconsistent, but when he does play well he does very well. I doubt that I'll be able to sign him permanently unfortuantely.

Masime Valette struggled a bit when hi first came to the club, but did play much better in the second half of the season. Due to his long throws I got him to learn the flat throw, but so far I've only got a goal from that twice with the ball landing at the feet of Dean Cronin for him to rifle in. I still need to modify the team instructions to try to get more goals from his throw ins.

Cedric Levavasseur is the second young French player to break into the first team. Due to the language barrier I wasn't expecting hiom to make so much of an impact, but he formed a good partnership with Cronin in central defence.

Ian Barratt is the first England cap at the club for the U19s. His only weakness is command of his area, but is usually a great shot stopper. According to my best coach he's potentially Premier League quality.

Steve Cleaver won his first England U21 cap during the close season. He still dives into tackles at times, but he rarely gets booked for them. Hopefulyl at some point I can train him to stop that.

Next season I need to get some better players in. I need a better left winger, defensive minded midfielder, striker and a couple of back up players. I've already signed a Championship quality left winger in the shape of 29 year old Hameur Bouazza on a free.

I suspect that this could be a promotion too far. We have some good young players but they did so well this season due to high confidence. I think coming up against bigger and better clubs will put big dents into that confidence during the season. So I hope that I can sign a couple of older heads to help with that pressure.

Season          League                     Position        Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11        Blue Square South        1st         Promoted as champions.
2011/12        Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as champions, FA trophy winners.
2012/13        League Two               1st         Promoted as champions.
2013/14        league One               1st         Promoted as champions, JPT winners.

Season 15 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Premier League - 4th (Table)

FA Cup - 4th Round (lost v Tottenham)

League Cup - Runners Up (lost v Aston Villa)

Transfers

Another impressive step-up from the team this year, from comfortable mid-table to Champions League challengers - and we made it! Despite disappointingly only beating a couple of top-half teams across the season, our record against the bottom half was almost flawless, and we picked up enough draws against the better sides to keep us in the mix. Qualification was still in doubt after the last ball had been kicked in the Premier League, however, as Man City had a Champions League final against Juventus to play - victory for them would mean heartbreak for Merthyr...

Luckily Juve won through 2-1 to break Man City hearts and send Merthyr into the promised land!

Other than the great league form, a good run in the League Cup (although we didn't play any serious teams until the final) saw us finish as runners up after we bottled the final, losing 2-0 to Aston Villa in a limp display.

15 seasons in looks like another good point to look a little closer at the Merthyr squad, and to take another look at the guys I identified as key in the 10th season update :)

Old Boys:

Victor Anichebe - Retired

Daniel Carrera - Qualified for Wales this year having failed to make an impression on the Spain set-up, and is still a useful part of the squad at Merthyr. He's an able deputy when rotation or injury requires, but I don't see him ever regaining his first-choice status.

Giuseppe Barbato - Replaced by my £19m man in the first team, but still an important member of the squad as he can pull out some good displays off the bench and, when required, from the start. Like Carrera, qualified for Wales having failed to get near the Italian squad, but is currently understudy to one of my youth products for them!

New Boys:

Saifallah Mrad - Bargain of the century - didn't cost us a penny, and really took us to the next level, his arrival coinciding with our elevation to the top-half of the table and beyond. The Tunisian international's classy passing and hard work in the middle of the pitch are one of our best assets, and not a transfer window goes by without a rumour of a multi-million transfer to a European giant. His age is getting to the point where I'd probably accept should an offer come in, but it would be with a heavy heart.

Diego - A £30k capture from Internacional, his physical threat and link-up play combined with a goals-to-games ratio of almost 1 in 2 across his 3 seasons with us make him an integral part of the team. Our poor runs throughout the season almost all coincided with injuries to him.

Jose Manuel Moran - The stats speak for themselves. 32 goals in 45 starts, with 12 assists to boot. English Players' Player of the Year. Premier League top scorer. After 2 seasons as backup (still managing a none-too-shabby 16 goals across those), he's hit 62 in his two seasons as first choice, and shows no sign of letting up. When he's on song, we win.

Season    League                  Position  Achievements                  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South       1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two    4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2013/14   Coca-Cola League One    6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Coca-Cola League One    4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2015/16   Coca-Cola League One    17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
2016/17   Coca-Cola League One    2nd       Promoted
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship  18th      None
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship  21st      None
2019/20   Coca-Cola Championship  9th       None
2020/21   Coca-Cola Championship  6th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2021/22   Premier League          13th      None
2022/23   Premier League          14th      None
2023/24   Premier League          9th       None
[b]2024/25   Premier League          4th       League Cup Runners Up[/b]

Previous Season Reports:

Season 1 - 2010/11

Season 2 - 2011/12

Season 3 - 2012/13

Season 4 - 2013/14

Season 5 - 2014/15

Season 6 - 2015/16

Season 7 - 2016/17

Season 8 - 2017/18

Season 9 - 2018/19

Season 10 - 2019/20

Season 11 - 2020/21

Season 12 - 2021/22

Season 13 - 2022/23

Season 14 - 2023/24

argghhh one of my biggest talents just signed a new 5 year contract.. 2 weeks later he's looking to move....

several players looking to move to a bigger club and they can barely handle the prem at all.. makes me wanna break their legs sometimes

300 seats in the prem looks kinda funny too.. it seems my seats are just randomly placed around the stadium in the 3d engine

Contract renewals are starting to annoy me now, I'm not sure what's worse my players wanting ~50% wage increase after signing a new contract last season or them demanding a £400 appearance bonus (that is 40%-50% of their wage demands), I'm not sure where my players think this money is going to come from my wage budget is £14K p/w and I'm currently spending £15K p/w on wages, and to make matters worse even if I wanted to give into their bonus demands I cannot because what they want is more than the board will allow.

The silly thing is, is that at random points the players will accept the standard 10% bonus finding that point is the problem :(

I cannot even sell them and replace then with loanees as the few league two rated players around have no interest in joining me on loan :(

On the plus side Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink has 5 goals in 9 games so far :)

FA Cup 2nd round, playing Rushden or Telford. 3rd round beckons again. Hope I can get the big money draw this time, not just a "kind draw"

19th in the BSP mid-November, this season was always going to be hard, looking only to stop up this year.

Man, sometimes I really hate this game. After 8 solid seasons of playing wretched in the first 3 months, I made a point of not making as many changes to the squad this summer, just adding in a bit of a quality, but not my usual new army of arrivals. We respond with the best first half of my tenure, storming out to 4th place at the New Year, a Carling Cup semi-final berth, and a kind FA cup draw. After the usual January of everyone and their brother either wanting a new contract or being tempted by offers abroad, we're in 7th, out of both cups, and hanging on by a thread. Man I hate January.

Just thought I'd let you know. :D

Man, sometimes I really hate this game. After 8 solid seasons of playing wretched in the first 3 months, I made a point of not making as many changes to the squad this summer, just adding in a bit of a quality, but not my usual new army of arrivals. We respond with the best first half of my tenure, storming out to 4th place at the New Year, a Carling Cup semi-final berth, and a kind FA cup draw. After the usual January of everyone and their brother either wanting a new contract or being tempted by offers abroad, we're in 7th, out of both cups, and hanging on by a thread. Man I hate January.

Just thought I'd let you know. :D

That sounds rough man! Try what I mentioned earlier about setting very high asking prices for your players before the bids come in - it means the clubs approaching your players either won't make an offer, or will pay crazy money. Win-win :):thup:

Unfortunately I had to restart my game so I took charge at Cambridge City.

In the first season I achieved what I set out to do by ending with a mid table finish, nothing notable in the cups but a few good transfers with Dow, Alston, Toshney and Tolmie staying for a couple of years.

The second season I was under no pressure to finish higher than above the relegation places but surpassed that by going up as champions. I only brought in three players for this season as I was struggling financially and apart from a right back and another forward didn't really feel the need to bring much in (Thanks for the forumista who tipped Vasilev and Grasser btw, both served me well)

I started life in the conference really well, I was leading the table at Christmas but a horrific injury list in the new year and no leeway with budgets I had to throw in the rubbish from the youth team and two average players in on loan. By the end of February when the injuries cleared up I was well out of the title race, I did manage to pick things up though and get promoted via the playoffs. I was really pleased with some of my signings, Casalinuovo being a particularly good capture after three years of trying to get him even though he didn't have a club. Tanzyna and Weilj (a Polish trailist) have also served me well.

In to the fourth season and as I expected it was a struggle to keep up with pace the whole season with a thin squad and no money and from an outside chance of the playoffs with 10 games to injury struck to my keeper and I only managed 2 points in that time which meant I slipped to 18th. I was able to attract a better standard of players on the whole though and after trawling through the released players in Poland I managed to get 25 players in on trail of which I took 6 on. I also managed to finally get out of the red thanks to an FA cup run where in rounds 1,2 and 3 the ties all went to replays and then a very good away tie at Aston Villa that although ended up in a 5-1 defeat netted me just shy of £500k which has helped me afford a few better players for the season I am currently in.

Welsh Wizard - Carshalton - Coca-Cola League 2 - 2012/13 - Season 3

Table | Past Positions Graph | Player Stats

Predicted: 24th

Finished: 12th

FA Cup - Lost in 2nd round vs Walford

League Cup - Lost in 1st round vs Swansea

JPT -Lost in S 2nd round vs Leyton Orient

Team Stats

Team General

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Zoltan Harsanyi - Decent season and best in team

Targets

Decent cup run to ease debt

Improve squad and get rid of dead wood

Top Half finish

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSS                 1st                       Promotion
2011/12       BSP                 4th                       Play-off Winners
2012/13       L2                  12th                      
2013/14       L2                   4th                       Play-off Winners

FA Cup 2nd round, playing Rushden or Telford. 3rd round beckons again. Hope I can get the big money draw this time, not just a "kind draw"

19th in the BSP mid-November, this season was always going to be hard, looking only to stop up this year.

Took Rushden to a replay. Winners play Liverpool, away!

Need to reshuffle my pack. I'm 21st, and floundering!

That's an incredible result sheeshy! What tactics did you choose? Did they send out a weakened team?

Just negotiated the Champions League qualifying round successfully, my heart was in my mouth though. First of all we got the best possible draw - Wolfsburg (the alternatives were Real Madrid, Zenit, Shakhtar and Fiorentina :eek:), beat them 1-0 at home quite comfortably, then in the away game we were all over them, but didn't score for ages. I was thinking ":( they're going to fluke a last minute equaliser and win on penalties aren't they", but my £22.5m record summer signing scored his first goal of the club to make sure of it in injury time :)

Think he's pretty much just paid for himself hasn't he? :D

That's an incredible result sheeshy! What tactics did you choose? Did they send out a weakened team?

Well, I'd been struggling all season in the BSP playing defensively, so I thought, whats to lose, I'm not expected to win, changed tactics at the last minute, went all out attack, and the result speaks for itself. And Yes, they sent a 10 fairly unfit reserves, and Gerrard. Serves them right.

Since then, have won 4 and drawn 1 using the same tactic, and am looking good for staying up, maybe even mid table. A case of "it's your tactics" I think ;)

Bit gutted to think I could be top 10, top 6 even if I had just attacked from the off.

Well, I'd been struggling all season in the BSP playing defensively, so I thought, whats to lose, I'm not expected to win, changed tactics at the last minute, went all out attack, and the result speaks for itself. And Yes, they sent a 10 fairly unfit reserves, and Gerrard. Serves them right.

Since then, have won 4 and drawn 1 using the same tactic, and am looking good for staying up, maybe even mid table. A case of "it's your tactics" I think ;)

Bit gutted to think I could be top 10, top 6 even if I had just attacked from the off.

It's amazing how much a shift in emphasis can make a difference sometimes :thup: often you'll find the defense shores up if you go forward more often because opposing teams are more wary of your threat, so let up the pressure on your defense a lot. That's the secret behind my progression up the table anyway ;)

Got FC Bayern, Fenerbahce and Benfica in my Champions League group - not bad at all considering we were a bottom seed! Very qualify-from-able :p

Dartford - Coca Cola Championship - 2018/19

----------------

Predicted: 24th

Finished: 13th

League Table

League Table Graph

Don't let the final position fool you. We struggled big time this season and the first half of the season had me thinking I had no chance of turning it around. We got some good players in at January on frees thankfully and it seems to sort a few problems out. We went from strength to strength (including the best result on my career so far) and in the end stayed up comfortably.

O and bizarrely this season a big club grabbed us (first time I've had it done to me without me asking the board) as a feeder club...

Send me your young gems!

As it turned out they sent us a centre back in January but he wasn't great (about League 1 standard) and only played once or twice. So didn't even need to feel any guilt about taking a bit of help.

-----------------

Carling Cup Nothing really happened here.

FA Cup Arsenal ended our run before it had begun. Nothing to worry or be angry about though.

Transfers Lots and lots of free transfers in. One particular Italian striker Guidetti was my signing of the season by a mile.

Charlie Dickinson as expected moved on.

Squad After a few signings in January we look a hell of a lot stronger but for us to push on, we need more quality.

Finances Not great for this level but given our desperation to get good players in (on higher wages) it was a given. Should continue to grow though.

Key Men

Simon Rowe Stepped up from last season in League One to blast his way into Dartfords record books. Hitting 30 goals in all competitions and considering he was battling it out for two strike positions amongst about 6 strikers, he did well.

Nicola Guidetti A gem signed on a free. A premiership player by my reckoning and adds a bit of magic to my front line.

Marcel Wuttke Signed during the season and became a key player on the left wing.

Luke Hubbins Another winger signed and whilst not spectacular with his technical ability, his raw pace and accelation combined makes him one of the most effective wingers I've had at the club.

Bruno Oueslati Had this keeper for three seasons now and has really came into his own this season. Looking like a real star at this level and the interest in him is telling. Hopefully can hold on to him.

Career Overview

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted
2015/16   Coca Cola League One     6th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2016/17   Coca Cola League One     9th         n/a
2017/18   Coca Cola League One     1st         Promoted as Champions
2018/19   Coca Cola Championship   13th        n/a

Next Season

Again as much as it lacks ambition, I'd be happy to stay in the division. It's a very competitive league and unless we get some brilliant players in I could never say or predict anything. Plus I'd like to have a decent team for when I actually break through to the Premiership.

Maybe Juve will send me a wonderkid on loan :rolleyes:

However I do have these going for me!

Youth & Training Facilities Upgrading..finally

Stadium Expansion Hardly worth mentioning but it's something in the right direction.

Sounds good Jonny, a couple of seasons of consolidation is a good idea :)

Having an absolute whale of a time this season, P12 W12 :D

Villa, Arsenal, then FC Bayern are the next 3 games, have a feeling it'll be reading a tad different after those :(

Edit: Yep lost 3-1 to Villa

Sounds good Jonny, a couple of seasons of consolidation is a good idea :)

Having an absolute whale of a time this season, P12 W12 :D

Villa, Arsenal, then FC Bayern are the next 3 games, have a feeling it'll be reading a tad different after those :(

Edit: Yep lost 3-1 to Villa

I see the forum curse is still around. ;)

Hassebasse Merthyr Tydfil 2022-2023 CCC

A good second season in CCC, finishing just behind the play-off spots. Midway through the season I got my tactics in order after hovering just above relegation. I'm now playing a Kevin Keeganesque 4-3-3 trying to outscore my opposition :D.

League Table

Transfers

Squad

Top performer, my trequartista

Goals for the new season:

Play-off

Begging the board for a bigger home ground

FC United - Barclays Premiership - Season 2015/2016

Wow this was a close one, we sat in the relegation spots for most of the season, thankfully a late turn in form gave us the results we needed to secure our place in next season's league and more.

League Table

Our FA Cup run was excellent once again, reaching the Final for a second time, this time succumbing to a much stronger Chelsea side 3-0. This secures our place in the Europa League for the second time. We were unlucky in the League Cup, falling to Arsenal in penalties in the fourth round.

FA Cup

League Cup

Without a doubt, the most important signing of my career so far was Gustavo Caamano from Anderlecht, signing for a heft 9.75m. He certainly proved to be well worth the pricetag ,with 28 goals in 35 games he finished top scorer in the Premiership and lifting the Golden Boot and the English Player of the Season, huge achievements for a striker playing for a team finishing 13th. Other important signings were Alex Pearce of Reading, dominating defensively and Francisco Merida in midfield, keeping everything running smoothly. Simon Church was massively disappointing, having been the best player in the Championship last season. Gislason was impressive as were Ashley Cole and Jose Boswinga despite their age. It was also farewell to longtime players like Callum Morris and Tommy Smith with one of our better players David also leaving for a pretty decent sum of 5.5m. Striker Guillem Bauza also departed.

Transfers

My squad obviously saw many changes and sadly this meant Craig McShea falling totally out of favour, he still got off the bench from time to time but it looks like the days of my favourite FC United player are all but over. Without Caamano we would easily have been relegated making him my star player.

Aims for Next Season:

Would be nice to see us move up the table into a more acceptable midtable finish.

Season      League                   Position    Achievements
2010/11    Blue Square North           1st         Promoted, BSN Champions
2011/12    Blue Square Premier         2nd         Promoted
2012/13    Coca-Cola League 2          6th         Promoted, play-off winners
2013/14    Coca-Cola League 1          1st         Promoted, League 1 Champions, FA Cup Runner-Up
2014/15    Coca-Cola Championship      5th         Promoted, play-off winners
2015/16    Barclays Premiership       12th         FA Cup Runner-Up

Well at the half way stage this season isn't going well we are currently 19th - 14pts from relegation and 10pts from the playoffs.

We just cannot defend at all - 10 of the goals we have conceeded so far have gone down as mistakes.

It possibly doesn't help that of the 7 french based players I have only one of them can speak English, I would try and sign some English speaking players but I have no money and no-one who can improve my team is interested in signing for me :(

Though my scouts are helpful in that they keep on recommending players to me who's wage demands or asking price I cannot afford.

Cambridge City 2012/2013 - League Two - (Season 3)

As usual these days the media prediction of 24th was way off.

League - Far tougher this time around. We even lost to Cheltenham who just avoided relegation. However, the title was still wrapped up pretty convincingly.

Transfers - In the summer we strengthened the wings with AM L Billy Bodin joining from Swindon for just £500 and AM R Michael McCrudden costing us £10k from MK Dons. Our best buy was easily striker Terry Gornell on a free from League One Tranmere Rovers. During January we brought in quality centre back Michele Fornasier also on a free from Manchester United.

The player stats for League Two clearly showed that once again our strikers are more than capable of finishing off the supplies from the wingers. New signing Terry Gornell actually outscored strike partner Radoslav Vasilev. Its the 1st time I can remember the left sided striker actually outscoring the right sided striker.

Six of our players made the League Two team of the year.

Squad - I was very happy with the squad this season as we were pretty strong all over however, I do have worries about it being strong enough for next season's League One campaign.

League Cup - We didn't do too well here mainly because we got the toughest 2nd Round game at home to Spurs. It ended 3-3 aet with Spurs winning 6-5 on penalties with both sides failing to score a winning penalty each.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - We sailed through this competition easily winning the Final 5-1 against Doncaster Rovers to complete the double. The first time I'd ever won this competition as a manager.

FA Cup - This competition really is a blue ribbon event for us. A 2-2 draw at home to Leicester City in the 3rd Round was followed by a shock 2-1 win for us in the replay. The 4th Round saw us continue the Indian Sign over Liverpool with 2-0 win at Anfield followed by another giant killing in a 2-1 win away to holders West Ham United in the 5th Round. Round 6 was an easy 1-0 win at home to Preston North End whilst we shocked the footballing World by defeating West Bromwich Albion of the Premier 4-1 at Wembley.

FA Cup Final - Sadly the game was a very dire affair and an Ebanks-Blake goal 9 minutes from time stopped us from making history. :(

Club Overview

Club Facilities

Finances

Club XI (2012/13)

Club XI (all time)

Well getting to the FA Cup had seriously boosted my reputation up to continental and at the end of the season Roman was on the phone to offer me a job.

The good news was the board decided to increase our capacity by 1400 seats. Not great but its better than nothing. However, the bad news was they had decided we should ground share with Cambridge United!!! :mad:

Season   League                Position    Achievements
[font=Courier New]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font]
[font=Courier New]2010/11  Blue Square North     1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup 5th Round, FA Trophy Winners[/font]
[font=Courier New]2011/12  Blue Square Premier   1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup 4th Round, FA Trophy Winners[/font]
[font=Courier New]2012/13  League Two            1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup Finalists, League Cup 2nd Round, Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners[/font]

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2020/21

Last season we managed to stay in the league so I was looking for an improvement.

League Table

League Positions Graph

It was a great season but it could have been better as we threw away far too many points against teams near the bottom.

FA Cup - Everton knocked us out in the worst way possible.

Carling Cup - we suffered a huge shock as League 1 Brighton knocked us out.

Transfers - an effort was made to bring in promising English players but we paid far too much for those players.

Squad - this is a great young squad that will only get better. It boasts nine current 'wonderkids' which just goes to show the potential this team has.

Key Player Profiles:

Anderson - he had a good year as our top scorer but he'll need to get a lot more if we are to challenge further up the table.

Michael Karner - it has taken him a long time to make an impact but he's starting to do well, still one for the future.

Josh O'Donnell - we would be no where without him, he was immense.

Marc Ward - I was expecting more for this classy looking player but he may pick up next year.

Ander Casado - he can't score goals like he could in the Championship but he's still a great player.

Career Overview

2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th

Next Season

Once again, I want to continue to build my young squad that will one day challenge for major honours. I think European qualification is still a few years away so I would be happy with just a top half finish.

I see the forum curse is still around. ;)

I beat Arsenal and was a stoppage-time goal away from beating FC Bayern though :)

Something is very wrong here.. The board keep injecting money even though we have 6m euro in the bank, furthermore our finances are beeing described as "insecure"

That's weird, any debts at all?

Good season dafuge, and another incredible one from SMSL :eek:

Boston Utd - Blue Square North - 2013/14

Final Position - 3rd

Predicted Finish - 17th

Final League Table

Positions Graph

In the club's second season in the BSP it came within 1 game of earning promotion into the Football League, however it was just not meant to be. It was a year that saw the club perform remarkably on defence (allowing only 38 goals in 46 games) however in the end it was our inability to produce on offence consistently that led to a late-season slide and ultimately losing out in the playoff final. All in all it was a great year which saw the club perform much beyond expectation however it was a cushing defeat to lose out on a promotion spot. Financially the club had a great year as well, posting profits over £430,000 largely due to our huge attendance figures compared yo years past.

Top Transfer News

Richard Offiong (In) - The veteran striker was brought in the be the primary strike partner for Daniel Nardiello and to add some much needed pace to the frontline.

Paul Green (In) - A free transfer from our rival Lincoln brought in the play RB. He should be a big upgrade over the current situation.

Christian Smith (In) - A hard working midfielder will be a role player counted on for depth and defensive duties.

Cup Results

FA Cup - We lost away to a classy Barnsley club. We put up a good fight in what was a very good game however they nwere just too strong for us in the the end.

FA Trophy - As defending champions we were bounced in the 4th round by Wrexham, who went on to win the trophy.

General Information

Confidence

Finances

Transfers

Squad

Overall Stats

Top 5 performers of the season:

Matty Hughes - (Avg rating 7.11) A fantastic year put in by the young CB star. He posted the 9th best rating in the BSP and is now attracting interest from clubs in League 1 & 2. He was largely responsible with Derek Bassi for the great goals conceeded record we had on the season.

Derek Bassi - (Avg rating 7.11) In 2012-13 Derek Bassi won the Supports Player of the Year and he could very well win it again. Paired with Matty Hughes, the duo provide perhaps the best central defender combination in the league.

Paul Green -(Avg rating 6.99) The new signing a very good year on the backline.

Sean Doherty - (Avg rating 6.97) The classy LW had a breakout season for the club and was an offensive force. He finished the year leading the league in assists with 15.

Daniel Nardiello - (Avg rating 6.97) 22 league goals for my top striker however he missed many games due to small nagging injuries throughout the season.

Top 3 Prospects:

None of any mention.

Outlook for 2014/15 Season in the Blue Square Premier Division:

The obvious goal is to challenge for promotion again this season, hopefully completing the task this time. I have 2 very good new signings already commited for a July 1st move.

Charlie Barnett

Evan Horwood

I need to add some depth at the DC position, as well as continue my long-lasting search for a classy striker. It should be a fun year!

Career Overview

Boston Utd
Season        Division                    Position                 Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North           9th                   None
2011/12       Blue Square North           3rd                   Promoted (through playoff)
2012/13       Blue Square Premier         11th                  FA Trophy Winners
2013/14       Blue Square Premier         3rd                   None

Archived