dafuge's FM10 challenge

Bradford PA

Season 2

BSP

2011/2012

Just made it to the FA Cup 3rd round after an incredible 2-0 replay victory against Bristol Rovers of League 2 and have been given an away game at Middlesbrough. Hopefully ill make enough to clear my debts

:cool:

In the next game however lost 2-0 to Barrow in FA Trophy 1st round

:thdn:

Meanwhile in the league after 22 games I am lying in 3rd place, on 42 points, 4 points off top spot. Still not scoring enough goals about 10 less than teams around me...However my defence is still doing brilliantly despite step up from BSN.

Also my Dutch ace, released from Liverpool in the summer, Jordy Brouwer is doing great with 12 goals in 18 games

:D

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really annoyed with my team atm. About 14 games without a win and every goal seems to be an individual mistake. Had an average start to the season average middle and an appalling end which might see me with a whole new squad next season:D. Really cba with a full update because i'm extremely annoyed with it so will just put some screenies up in a minute.

2013/14 - Hendon - Blue Square Premier

Our second stint in the BSP would hopefully be much better than the one of 2 year's ago when we stumbled to a disappointing relegation. After shining last year and elminating the BSP competition, I hoped we would do better here. Only time would tell..

Media Prediction: 24th

League Finish: 15th

League Graph

By all means a good season, solid mid-tableness was an achievement in my eyes.

Transfers

Squad

FA Trophy - Our cup run was ended prematurely by Gateshead.

FA Cup - Much better than the other cup we had as we charged on through, beating League 1 Swindon on the way on TV, to a home tie (again, on TV) against Middlesbrough, losing 2-0 sadly.

Key Player Profiles

Mansour Assoumani - Another solid season for the brick at the back. He contributed goals and kept them out well.

Matt Freeman - Matt was astonishing. He joined the second half of the season and only played 16. However, he contributed 12 assists and 2 goals in those games and quite frankly, I cannot wait too see him play a full season.

Justin Niblett - Justin was decent at the right back, cancelling out the opposition's attacks down his side. He was the back-up penalty taker, good season from him.

Danny Redmond - Redmond was great, contributing goals and assists throughout the season.

Danijel Subotic - Top goalscorer with 19 goals, a decent season from the Swiss lad.

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          1st            BSN Champions
2011/12    Blue Square Premier       23rd             Relegated
2012/13    Blue Square North          1st            BSN Champions
2013/14    Blue Square Premier       15th               None

Urgh second season syndrome is not my favourite thing in the world right now. Spent about £15m on the defense in the summer to make it about 100x worse, apparently. On the odd occasion we defend semi-competently, we win, and win well. But the rest of the time it's 6-3 defeats! My £9.5m record signing centre-half has an average rating of about 5.80, that says it all. Can't wait for this season to end.

Delighted that my copy has FINALLY arrived in the post. I'm jumping straight into this with Chippenham Town.

Hopefully this is the start of something beautiful for this small town of just 28,000 people. By playing phsyically and rough I will aim to outrun and outmuscle teams while looking for a finisher to add to that.

f1gqx4.jpg

Bradford PA

Season 2

BSP

2011/2012

Final Table:

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/bradfordpatable11-12.jpg

Very pleasing season, Greatful to now be in football league :cool:

Positions Graph: http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/bradfordpaposgraph11-12.jpg

Good second half of season once again.

Playoffs: http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/bradfordpaplayoffwinners11-12.jpg

Cup Results: http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/bradfordpacups11-12.jpg

Great FA Cup run which gave me a positive bank balance :D

Squad: http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/bradfordpasquad11-12.jpg

Was impressed that with quite a few average players I managed to get promotion at the first attempt. Defence was again the key to success, very solid.

Transfers: http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/bradfordpatransfers11-12.jpg

Not as many transfers in as last season and alot of deadwood shipped out. Declan Gallacher and Jordy Brouwer were the key buy's.

Aims for next season:

Improve quality of squad/staff/facilities

Stay up

Maintain good bank balance

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          3rd            Playoff winners (Promotion)
2011/12    Blue Square Premier       3rd             Playoff winners (Promotion)

Cambridge City - Blue Square Premier - 2011/2012

The media were as dumb as ever and predicted a finish of 22nd and relegation whilst our board were quite happy for us to try to avoid relegation. To this end they furnished me with a £300,000 budget.

League - As it turned out we were just as dominant, if not more so, than last season. We began with a tough 2-2 draw at York but then won our next 43 games. Gateshead had the audacity to hold us to a draw at their ground but then we won our final league game to complete a second successive league season unbeaten helped mainly by the goals of the superb Radoslav Vasilev. Naturally we topped the player stats in a few areas. We also set a new record win against poor Stevenage.

Squad - I hardly brought in anyone transfer wise but those that I did strengthened the 1st XI.

FA Cup - Not entering until the 4th Qualifying Round really helped us to get a superb start to our League campaign. In the Cup I got probably my best ever result as a manager, a shock 1-0 win at Anfield against the mighty Liverpool in the 3rd Round despite being dominated. The 4th Round however, was a step too far and we succumbed to a better Aston Villa side 1-0 at the City Ground.

FA Trophy - Not only did we get all the way to our 2nd successive Final but we defeated Wrexham yet again to complete another stunning double.

Player Profiles: -

Radoslav Vasilev (age 21) - Well what can say about this guy. A massive 66 goals in all competitions tells you why Ramon Calliste is unhappy about being benched and then released. He was absolutely awesome and hopefully can be a quality player for the next couple of seasons. One dumb thing about FM that I will never understand is that when he was signed on a free his value was £130,000. However, after his superb season it was £30,000!!!

Jak Alnwick (age 18) - According to scouts he may well be good enough to get us all the way up to the Championship. Since we picked him up on a free from Newcastle United he achieved 11 clean sheets in 18 League games.

Finances - A very healthy bank account helped mainly by my refusal to pay any transfer fees up to now.

All time XI - A few players made it in the squad but it may be a while before Vasilev loses his place.

We were of course well represented in the Blue Square Premier Team of the Season.

[font=Courier New]Season   League                Position    Achievements[/font]
[font=Courier New]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font]
[font=Courier New]2010/11  Blue Square North     1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup 5th Round, FA Trophy Winners[/font]
[font=Courier New]2011/12  Blue Square Premier   1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup 4th Round, FA Trophy Winners[/font]

This season I intend to get rid of plenty of deadwood. As we are moving up the Leagues pretty quickly we do need to get rid of players who simply aren't good enough. I am still going to chase Cups on all fronts and hope to make it to Wembley in the FA Cup or League Cup as a club outside the Premiership.

Congrats SMSL, that's an absolutely mental season! League Two had better watch out

After 15 games Merthyr have scored the third most goals in the league with 28... but conceded 35! If our defense wasn't rubbish we'd be a good side :)

Cheers snake. Actually its my defence thats seriously impressing me. I've seen other players manage 150 goals in a season but they also tend to concede about 50.

UPDATE: The League Cup campaign ended in dramatic style at only the 2nd Round stage after Cambridge City were drawn at home to Tottneham. Typical!!! Spurs won 6-5 on penalties after a 3-3 draw. Both sides had the chance to score a winning penalty before Spurs managed it at the 2nd attempt.

We just got held to a 3-3 draw at home to Oxford but top League 2 on GD in a 4-way tie with 13 points from the first 5 games.

Merthyr Tydfill League 1 2018/19

Table

Position

FA Cup - 4th Rd replay

League Cup - 2nd Rd

JPT - 2nd Rd

This was another underachieving season, i started in terrible form having only 2 central defenders. I rose up the table until with 11 games to go i was 3 points off the playoffs, the pressure clearly got my players as i only managed another 8 points for the rest of the season.

In the League cup i lost 3-0 away to Championship Wigan, in the FA cup i drew 2-2 away to championship Bolton before losing the replay 3-2, i was the better in both matches and was unlucky. None of my cup matches made any money as the higher teams had poor support. My finances stayed the same largely to the amount of transfer fees in.

Transfers

Squad

My chairman sold on several player over the season who i wanted to keep, Williams was my best youth product, Bartlett i was grooming to play in the middle and Tennant (history) was another youth player who was the main stay of my defence.

Lampard (history) i cashed in on even though he was my no1 keeper as i had several keepers of a similar standard.

Hague (history) moved on a bosman and Craig (history) was reluctantly let go as his wage demands were too high.

In goal new signing Warren was my main keeper.

My defence was generally poor yet again although Rodgers had his best season in a while as he played more games.

In midfield Assogba's 4 red cards proved very costly especially towards the end of the season. Noone's form dipped from previous years and Morrison was the mainstay in the centre instead, on the wings Krouchi and Knott were reasonably good.

Up frony Clarke again started the season on fire before tailing off, Clifford stepped up from the reserves well. Bailleul and Mcshea were disappointing.

Star Player - No player truely excelled but Clifford stepped to be became top scorer.

Career so far:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South            3rd         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier          9th         None
2012/13   Blue Square Premier          2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2013/14   League 2                     15th        None  
2014/15   League 2                     13th        JPT Winners
2015/16   League 2                     5th         Promoted via playoffs
2016/17   League 1                     13th        None 
2017/18   League 1                     14th        None 
2018/19   League 1                     12th        None

Annihilator666 - Guiseley - Season 14/15 - Coca-Cola League 2

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Squad - Guiseley Squad

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Guillem Bauzá

Records - Overall Records | Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

Competition History - Past League Positions | Full Competitions History

Umm, WTF? This season was way above expectations. I didn't strengthen the squad that much in pre-season - half the players I signed were brought in as back-ups to current players. As you can see by the graph screenshot above, I was in the playoff places for almost all of the season. Beat Dag & Red by 4-2 on agg in the playoff semis, then sneaked a tight 1-0 victory over Luton in the final. The gate receipts also helped bring my finances up by about £300k, which was nice.

Gonna be interesting playing in League 1 with a 3000 capacity stadium. Tried asking for an expansion, but got the usual council rejection guff. No sign of a new stadium being built. :(

looking at other peoples seasons i'm realising the level of support at Merthyr is terrible.

I'm in 2019/20 in my 4th year in league 1, i only have 291 season tickets :( and my average crowd is around 2700, with a decrease for each of the last 3 seasons.

explains my dire financial situation since the next worse team has 2000 more people turn up each game.

Ahh now my internet is working again I can update Carshalton's progress. I've got to update 3 seasons here so sorry for the worst update in this thread.

Blue Square Premier 2011/12 - Final Position - Play-Off Final

Injuries after January stopped us from winning the league but the play offs were enough as we managed to defeat Rushden after extra time.

League Two 2012/13 - Final Position

Ran away with the league scoring shedloads along the way.

League One 2013/14 - Final Position

So easy when you have Danny Haynes and Michael Owen upfront. They did both manage to go on 10 game goal droughts though. Got through to the 5th round of the FA Cup before getting done 6-0 by Aston Villa away from home.

Takeover (Chairman is now Edwin van der Sar :cool:, he wanted to replace me with Robbie Blake though :() 1.6m was then pumped into the club.

Current Squad - I still havn't spent any money in the transfer market but there are some good players in there like Areola although he only played 5 games at PSG and therefore didnt progress at all and has if anything gone backwards. Hopefully he can reach the levels he has for others.

Finances - Beautiful

Star Player

- Christ Enam - Came through the ranks while I was in the BSP. Current England U21 regular.

Hoping to reach play-offs this season, squad is nicely balanced but the defence is a bit shaky but Jelle should help that, still got a few players I've had since the first season who aren't up to scratch though. Hopefully the stadium will be upgraded soon as there is money in the bank and everygame is a sell-out. Same with the training faclities although the youth is ok for this level.

Edwin van der Sar just became chairman of BSP Woking, has any one else had any current high profile players become chairman? Is this rare or quite common?

Not quite high profile, but CSKA Moscow and Bosnian midfielder Elvir Rahimić is my chairman at Sutton.

2016/2017 - Billericay Town - Coca-Cola Championship

League Position - 6th, promoted via playoffs

TABLE

GRAPH

A fascinating season at the New Lodge, in all kinds of ways. In the first half we couldn't put a string of wins together to save a life, we spent January having bid accepted over my head for the majority of my first choice midfield, and then we spent the next 4 months on a fantastic run, scorching all in our path with a young strikeforce shooting us comfortably into the playoff places.

The biggest difference between this and the year prior is that the horrid run in the fall resulted in a hatful of draws, as opposed to losses. That put us in position where a hot streak put us in the playoffs rather than just below. We turned the juice on in November and surged into January looking at the top-half of the table, where my Chairman decided to turn Ricay into E-bay, accepting below value bids for both my first choice MCs, after accepting low bids for both my second choice MCs in the summer. Worse yet, they're on the dreaded payments rather than the up-front cash the club desperately needed. Those departures, plus some resultant hard feelings from those left behind meant that we went on another lousy run of draws in January.

At that point, I thought we might be about to implode. Most of my stars were about to become too expensive for a Championship squad in a 3500 capacity stadium, I really felt this year was our window to get promoted, and then we were looking at a rebuilding year. February rolled around, and I was proven right. The Blues went on a a tear as we only lost two games from the end of January to the end of the season, and as it turned out, we qualified for the playoffs comfortably ahead of the 7th placed side.

From the playoffs, I really thought we had a shot. While all the other teams in the lottery were superior to my Ricay side, we had momentum and tournaments are about form as much as skill. In the semi-final, we drew Brighton. The first leg was at New Lodge, where we jumped out to a 2-0 on 27 minutes, scored once more in the second half and weathered the inevitable last 30 minute storm conceding only once to take a 3-1 lead to Brighton.

The second leg should have been comfortable, but Brighton nicked a goal on 11' and had us under the cosh the whole match. We struck back with a breakaway goal on 68' but disaster struck with an own goal from a corner on 73', and the dodgiest of penalties conceded and converted in the 81st. The score was now 4-4 on aggregate and I was panicked. In extra time however, we had much fresher legs, and two counter attacking goals, first by Swen Can three minutes in, and then Jose Peixoto stuck 7 minutes later to tie the match and give us a 2 goal aggregate lead. Brighton would have to score three times in the remaining extra-time to advance, and even with my Left Back being sent off for a second yellow on 102', we went to our dourest, long-ball hoofing ways to ensure a trip to Wembley with a Premiership place on the line. 6-4(agg)(aet)

We would face Nottingham Forest. We split with the Tricky Trees this past season, and though they were a much stronger side, I felt we had a chance. After a nervy first half an hour, Forest were in the ascendancy, and they struck first blood in the 40th minute with a 30 yard thunderbolt. I gave the side encouragement at the half, and Rodríguez Sánchez scored with a powerful header from an indirect free kick to tie the match in the 49th. Forest replied almost immediately in the 54th after a gaffe from my keeper. That man Rodríguez Sánchez knotted the score again on 75' on a goalmouth scramble following a corner. The game became nervy again, and eventually went to extra time. Extra time was a damp squib, neither team risking enough to lose, and we went to penalties. 5-3, with captain Fratus scoring the 5th and clinching penno to improbably send Ricay to the Premier League.

In the close season, we found we would be adding 10000 seats

(despite my being told on several occassions that New Lodge was unexpandable) to meet EPL regulations. This would take 10 months and in the interim we would ground-share with Southend United. Additionally, I apparently am a legend in the midlands, as I was offered both the Birmingham and Aston Villa jobs in a span of 10 days.

The cups were a non-story, falling out of both at the first hurdle.

FA cup results

League Cup

We completed two actual paid transfers this year, signing key figures Marcinho, my first choice keeper and Swen Can, part of my 4-man strikeforce.

TRANSFERS

FINANCES

Highlights of the squad this season:

Manuel Rodríguez Sánchez - Rodríguez Sánchez is still probably Ricay's best player, just an absolute rock at the back.

Swen Can - The young German was a key piece of the squad, scoring critical goals in the playoff-semi.

Jose Peixoto - The Portuguese sprinter was a revelation this season, scoring and providing in bunches.

Alberto Romagnoli - The young Italian was my first choice target man, and does the business if sufficiently coddled.

Marcinho - Ricay's record transfer, the Brazillian keeper was extremely consistent at the back.

I've no idea if we can stay up, as we're broke, seemingly not getting any payout for our Championship league position, though I've only ever been relegated once in any FM/CM. If we can stay up though, the stadium upgrades should make a huge impact on our bottom line. On an aside, I don't know if I've ever enjoyed an FM season as much as this one. This is a top, top game.

Billericay Town

2010/2011 - Blue Square South - 2nd, playoffs - promoted; FA Cup - 3rd qualifying round; FA Trophy - 3rd qualifying round

2011/2012 - Blue Square Premier - 2nd, playoffs - promoted; FA Cup - 2nd round; FA Trophy - Final

2012/2013 - Coca-Cola League Two - 3rd, automatic promotion; FA Cup - 2nd round; League Cup - 1st round; Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 1st round

2013/2014 - Coca-Cola League One - 12th; FA Cup - 3rd round; League Cup - 2nd round; Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 2nd round

2014/2015 - Coca-Cola League One - 3rd, playoffs - promoted; FA Cup - 4th round; League Cup - 2nd round; Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 2nd round

2015/2016 - Coca-Cola Championship - 10th; FA Cup 6th round; League Cup - 2nd round

2016/2017 - Coca-Cola Championship - 6th, promoted via playoffs; FA Cup - 3rd round; League Cup - 1st round

Accrington Stanley's goalkeeper just scored against me with an 80-yard free-kick, to win 2-1.

Usually I'd be fuming, but today is different, as Chester beat 2nd place Darlington 3-1, meaning I'm BSP champions with 1 game to go, and the FA Trophy final to look forward to! :D

Dartford - Coca Cola League One - 2016/17

Predicted: 15th

Finished: 9th

League Table

League Table Graph

A dreadful season and one that I will have to take on the chin. With a final place of 9th not seeming like the end of the world I suggest you take a look at the graph. We literally could not defend for sh*t in the first half of the season and sometimes went for literally 6 or 7 games without winning. I had money to spend and I spent it badly. We were bad in the cups and with the exception of Henry Ali all my team should be shot at dawn for pathetic nature of their performances.

Carling Cup

JPT

FA Cup

Transfers Thought I had got a lot of good players in but literally none of them pulled their weight. Lucky enough that Scotland has some dumbass clubs who gave me double my money back.

Squad Needs to be improved. End of.

Finances Could be ALOT better.

Key Men

Henry Ali Literally the only player who can hold his hands up and say he honestly gave me everything he had. Got 26 league goals which is a record for me so far.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted
2015/16   Coca Cola League One     6th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2016/17   Coca Cola League One     9th         n/a

Next Season

It's make or break really. I need players in and players to perform. Play-Offs are the minimum I expect. Fingers crossed.

Well I've finally reached January. It's been one hell of a gruelling season. I'm currently sitting 18th but I'm a point off 15th with a game in hand, and 3 points off 14th, so I'm doing alright. However drawing seems to be my forte or something. I've had just 3 wins, and 10 draws, then a little 7 losses which we can forget about. I've drawn against Man City, drawn twice against Arsenal (also drew against them in the Carling Cup but lost in penalties), drawn against Liverpool, drawn against Everton and drawn against Blackburn. It's been a strange season to say the very least, however I have to say my strikeforce is some of the strongest in the league, with my star striker Caamano sitting third top striker. For a team in 18th place, thats not too bad. My defence however is completely woeful, and I really need to get a better goalkeeper with Mihaylov constantly injured and Haber just not coming close to cutting it. However, its been an enjoyable season and very much a learning season. I feel that come the summer, with my new stadium and hopefully a boost in exciting players, I will see myself end in a more respectable position (unless of course I have a second-half of the season superpush, which is unlikely)

With 40 games gone Nantwich are finally safe from relagation in League Two in our second season - which is a relief as at one point things weren't looking good as we went nine games without winning. We still have an outside chance of making the playoffs but it's not looking likely.

Our main problem is a lack of consistency - my defence are either solid or gift goals away, whilst upfront we are either deadly or woeful.

Bradford PA

Season 3

Coca-Cola League 2

2012-2013

Well it wasn't a third promotion in a row

:(. I said I would avoid relegation and I did but I had hoped to finish a bit higher up. The team is due another overhall like in the first season.We were in bottom 8-9 most of the season but never really under threat of relegation. We would go 7-8 games without a win then manage to pick up a fair few points in the next 7-8 games :confused:. Out of FA Cup and League cup in 1st rounds and not much better in JP Trophy. Squad simply not good enough. Too much pressure on my 6-7 good players who couldnt make up for the miscomings of the majority of the squad.

Aims for next season

• climb table push for playoffs

• improve Squad

• " Finances

• " Facilities

2010/11    Blue Square North          3rd            Playoff winners (Promotion)
2011/12    Blue Square Premier        3rd            Playoff winners (Promotion)
2012/13    Coca-Cola League 2         19th           n/a

Season 13 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Premier League - 14th (Table)

FA Cup - 4th Round (lost v Arsenal)

League Cup - 4th Round (lost v Burnley)

Transfers

Quite a disappointing season really, no signs of progress anywhere. Tried to sort the defense with a £9.5m centre-half, who attempted to systematically relegate us before being shipped off (for a £3m profit :confused:) in January. I managed to sell some other rubbish players for ludicrous fees, including £7m for the "new Ashley Cole" who really wasn't, meaning we finished the season £5m in the black - which makes for a very nice change :thup:

Another positive is that one of my strikers managed to top-score in the Premier League, which is nice :) bad news is he's 31. Oh well.

God knows what's going to happen next season, pretty much depends entirely on whether I can actually buy a midfielder better than any of the ones I got promoted with (seriously, they're all still first choice). Might try and save some cash too, we have debts to pay and obviously I don't know how to spend it (see £9.5m centre-half).

Season    League                  Position  Achievements                  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South       1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two    4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2013/14   Coca-Cola League One    6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Coca-Cola League One    4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2015/16   Coca-Cola League One    17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
2016/17   Coca-Cola League One    2nd       Promoted
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship  18th      None
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship  21st      None
2019/20   Coca-Cola Championship  9th       None
2020/21   Coca-Cola Championship  6th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2021/22   Premier League          13th      None
[b]2022/23   Premier League          14th      None[/b]

Previous Season Reports:

Season 1 - 2010/11

Season 2 - 2011/12

Season 3 - 2012/13

Season 4 - 2013/14

Season 5 - 2014/15

Season 6 - 2015/16

Season 7 - 2016/17

Season 8 - 2017/18

Season 9 - 2018/19

Season 10 - 2019/20

Season 11 - 2020/21

Season 12 - 2021/22

Boston Utd - Blue Square North - 2012/13

Final Position - 11th

Predicted Finish - 24th

Final League Table

Positions Graph

Goiing into my first season in the BSP I was not very confident, especially considering my prediction by the media of 24th place. The club however did a respectful job and managed to easily secure a safe psotion in the division in 11th place. The highlight of the year was being crowned FA Trophy Champions with a remarkable run in that competition.

Top Transfer News

Mark Fotheringham (In) - The journeyman midefielder was signed on a free from Blackpool and brings a definite alement of class to the Boston Utd midfield. He is an instant key member of the club.

Daniel Nardiello (In) - Another player coming over from Blackpool on a free Nardiello is a technically gifted striker for this level of football. He should make a big impact.

Matty Hughes (In) - The central defender comes in and will lead the center of the defence for Boston Utd.

Cup Results

FA Cup - Not much to say. Wrexham beat us in our first game of the tournament.

FA Trophy - Winners of the 2012/13 FA Trophy! This is the first time the club has won the event and it is also my first my trophy as a manager. The final game was a nail biter right to end with Boston Utd winning on penalties!

General Information

Confidence (I'm untouchable now!)

Finances

Transfers

Squad

Overall Stats

Top 5 performers of the season:

Daniel Nardiello - (Avg rating 7.02) The newly signed striker got off to a rough start but found his form by mid-season and was a dominant force for the final half of the year.

Derek Bassi - (Avg rating 6.98) The newly signed CB/RB from Canada had a solid first season with the club.

Phil Quirk -(Avg rating 6.96) Another new signing at the top of the seasonal performance charts, Phil had a very solid season and is a key player in the LB position.

Jeromy Noslin - (Avg rating 6.96) The often injured attacking midfielder was a great layer when he was on the on-field. He had a few brilliant games but unfortunately his season was marred by injuries. Hopefully in 2013/14 he can stay healthy and keep up the performances.

Matty Hughes - (Avg rating 7.01) The new signing star defender had a decent first year at the club. I will expect more from him.

Top 3 Prospects:

Leon Davies

Chimaobi Peters

Lee Knowles

Outlook for 2013/14 Season in the Blue Square Premier Division:

I would love to make a promotion push but I think a more realistic aim is for safe mid table again. My transfer goals are to find a top strike partner to play Nardiello and to improve my defensive line.

Career Overview

Boston Utd
Season        Division                    Position                 Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North           9th
2011/12       Blue Square North           3rd                   Promoted (through playoff)
2012/13       Blue Square Premier         11th                  FA Trophy Winners

Just reached February, couldn't afford to make a single signing and my current squad will simply have to do. But damn am I chuffed, my star man Caamano (Premiership top goalscorer) almost left us, after a 17.5million offer was accepted by the chairman on deadline day, however Mr. Caamano knows where his priorities lie, rejecting a contract. I was so gutted when the transfer was accepted but then when it was declined, I was delighted. Sadly despite having the league's top scorer, I am sitting in 18th spot, gonna take more to avoid the drop.

Before season started there was a rumer i was chasing Rocha. Still wondering whats wrong with him since Benfica let him go so cheap. Championship going soso so far just outside playoff spots atm. And Rafa Benitez was just watching my other striker thats netted 20 goals and 8 assists in 32 games . I'm scared now don't wanna loose him!

Smithers - Oxford City - Blue Square Premier - 2013/14

League Prediction - 24th

League Position - 1st

Another quite excellent season to secure back-to-back promotions, and finally enter the promised land of the football league. Predicted to come a definite last in a difficult relegation battle, we proved our critics wrong quite spectacularly by dominating the league, going unbeaten at home, and reaching the final of the FA Trophy, only to succumb to a bitterly disappointing 4-1 defeat to York, only our 7th loss of the season. Winning the manager of the season was a nice little bonus too.

League Table

Changing Positions

FA Cup run - not a brilliant run, as although we dispatched Didcot 3-1 in the 4th qualifying round, we were convincingly beaten 4-2 at Macclesfield in the 1st round, thanks to a Gavin Tomlin hat-trick.

FA Trophy run - a fantastic cup-run saw us emerge victorious against the likes of St. Albans, Bath, Woking, Weymouth and Stafford, but we fell apart at our first trip to Wembley. We were always going to be second-best, as our best midfielder Francis Quarm got injured (in an otherwise injury-free season) shortly before the match, and star striker Stephen Thompson was forced to come off just half an hour in too. Things went from bad to worse, as we saw a goal disallowed for offside, and we capitulated just before half-time as York capitalised on our defensive frailties, and from then on there was no looking back, despite a late Kyle Wilson goal. It was to be a melancholy end to a season, but even so our success in the league more than makes up for it.

Transfers - although the transfers in screen may suggest otherwise, the main crux of the team from last season remained the same, with most of our new signings used as backup, most only playing a handful of games, some not at all. Anthony Wordsworth however quickly established himself in midfield due to his terrific versatility, and although his stats may imply a poor season, goalkeeper Grzegorz Szamotulski was for the most part exceptional in goal (except when he got lobbed from 80 yards by Accrington Stanley's own goalie). Our signing of the season though was by far striker Stephen Thompson who immediately settled in right at home with partner Gareth Evans in one of the best seasons I have ever witnessed in terms of striker parterships. Scoring 35 league goals in 36 starts, and further influence in the cups, he was consistently in formiddable form, earning himself a place in the BSP team of the season (alongside Evans), top BSP scorer (with Evans coming 3rd), and ultimately player of the season.

Meanwhile, Oxford said goodbye to unhappy striker Darryn Stamp, aging left-back Sacha Opinel and midfielder Rossi Jarvis, who will be forever remembered for his input into our first couple of seasons.

Squad - at the back, we remained the same as last season, with highlights being Jon Boardman overtaking Jermaine McSporran's appearance record, and Phil Anderson's consistency. Midfield was again solid, with a strong rotation policy of wingers, and Solomon Shields, Ryan Hall and Luke Thurlbourne coming in to impress whenever needed. Attack was certainly our biggest strength, as Evans' (fans' player of the year) and Thompsons' partnership saw them jointly notch up 72 goals, and for the majority of the season they were in constant competition with each other to score the most goals.

Finances - weren't a huge problem this season; in fact due to our excellence in the league, our transfer budget was increased from nothing to a hefty £400k. I used this to pour more money into the wage budget, and combining this with the sales of expensive players such as Rossi Jarvis, we are now in a very secure position.

Aims for next season:

- survive obviously

- get a decent parent club (I say this every year but never get round to it), especially since we're now in the same league as our current one Oxford Utd and so lose those connections

- just generally expand the squad and improve key areas

Season      League                   Position    Achievements

2010/11    Blue Square South          14th         n/a
2011/12    Blue Square North          4th          Play-offs, lost in final
2012/13    Blue Square North          2nd          Promotion via play-offs
2013/14    Blue Square Premier        1st          Champions, FA Trophy runners-up

Archived