dafuge's FM10 challenge

New signing :thup:

Yes he is a bit slow - but considering I am still in the BSN I think the technical and mental aspects of his game will still be more than useful of the bench - and hope he can pass on a few moves to the kids :cool:

Was found via a backroom advice meeting recomendation - like a couple of my other better players - really enjoying this feature of FM2010 so far :thup:

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've discovered a big problem with having so many talented youngsters, nine players missing the FA Cup quarter final replay due to international duty :(

I had to face league leaders Man Utd with a debutante goalie and a grey striker, got beat 5-0 :(

Last seasons review will come up tomorrow.

In pre-season, and am giving a sort of testimonial to Jared Hodgkiss for 10 years at the club, with a friendly away at West Brom of the Championship, where he started his career IRL. I'm 2-1 up in the first half, and I've got a penalty, so Jared is taking it. And he scores, nice for the testimonial player to get a goal :cool: 3-1 up, seems decent enough score for a team a league above of me. My new Premiership PA striker has scored as well, which is good.

Ended up 3-2 for Carshalton, good result, and good testimonial :thup:

I've discovered a big problem with having so many talented youngsters, nine players missing the FA Cup quarter final replay due to international duty :(

I had to face league leaders Man Utd with a debutante goalie and a grey striker, got beat 5-0 :(

I'm having the opposite problem - can't find any! You doing anything special with your scouting?

Yep, my assistant manager. Seeing as I don't watch games, he does a good job for me in winning games, but can be a bit harsh sometimes which leads to unhappy players.
Unemployed Ass Man in my save - wasn't interested in a contract with Hucknall :(

Why do you ask?

He's into the second season as my ass man. He's not a good coach but he's been pretty good with his advice so far.

He's my Ass Man. Good value for the lower end of the leagues. Wanted to see if anyone else had him and if he was good for them.

Aario, he didn't want to come until I'd gotten promotion to BSP. With me now in L2.

2015/2016 - Billericay Town - Coca-Cola Championship

League Position - 10th

TABLE

GRAPH

No complaints here at the New Lodge, as we did remarkably well in our first season in the second tier. While we had our customary lousy start, this was to be expected given the increase in quality. We were, as I had guessed last season when we truly remade the side, a mid-table Championship club. When you're in League One, that gets you promoted. When you're in the Championship, well, you finish solidly mid-table.

Of note, if we played at our 2nd half level all year long, we'd probably have been in the playoff places. Still Ricay cannot find a decent striker for love or money, and I have every intent of clearing most of the current ones out in the summer. Our defense is still top notch, and the midfield is improving. We lost our first choice keeper to a Bosman, but as is my nature, I stopped using him after he signed his pre-contract, so I anticipate we'll cope ok.

The cups were the story, if there is one. We drew Leeds for the 3rd time in 2 years in a cup competition, this time in the FA Cup 3rd round. Two late goals cancelled out their 77th minute leveller and were were on to the 4th. We then slaughtered League One Norwich, slipped by Championship Newcastle and lost a creditible 0-1 to Liverpool in the 6th round. Sadly, all 3 of those ties were at the New Lodge, where our lousy 3500 capacity prevented them from being the financial windfall they could have been at St.James or Anfield. Still, I can't imagine it did anything but help our reputation.

FA Cup

League Cup

Again, a load of frees in, as usual with a focus on youngsters. Inevitably I foolishly bought yet another old, crappy striker for too much bob, though this was offset by our first 7-figure sale, less than crucial midfielder Esteban Rossi off to Hull for a much needed 1.8MM that helped balance the books.

TRANSFERS

FINANCES

Highlights of the squad this season:

Manuel Rodríguez Sánchez - Rodríguez Sánchez was steady at the back again, though not nearly as prolific against better Championship centre-halves. He was still probably my player of the season.

David Castro - The young Spaniard surpassed Captain Fratus as Sánchez's preferred partner at the back, another towering header of the ball.

Oussama Darragi - The Tunisian was the first decent AMC the club has had, coming over from the Polish OE. He was at the heart of what little good my strikers managed this season.

Alberto Romagnoli - The young Italian made more of an impact this season and clearly has high potential, with Rafa Benitez sniffing around him a bit in January. I've locked him into a new deal in the hopes of either watching him develop or extorting a huge fee.

Next year, I expect to try and make some more cash to hopefully invest in a training ground improvement, and encourage the board that we need a new stadium. If the playing squad experiences any success, then well, all the better.

Billericay Town

2010/2011 - Blue Square South - 2nd, playoffs - promoted; FA Cup - 3rd qualifying round; FA Trophy - 3rd qualifying round

2011/2012 - Blue Square Premier - 2nd, playoffs - promoted; FA Cup - 2nd round; FA Trophy - Final

2012/2013 - Coca-Cola League Two - 3rd, automatic promotion; FA Cup - 2nd round; League Cup - 1st round; Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 1st round

2013/2014 - Coca-Cola League One - 12th; FA Cup - 3rd round; League Cup - 2nd round; Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 2nd round

2014/2015 - Coca-Cola League One - 3rd, playoffs - promoted; FA Cup - 4th round; League Cup - 2nd round; Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 2nd round

2015/2016 - Coca-Cola Championship - 10th; FA Cup 6th round; League Cup - 2nd round

Apologies for going off topic but I'm just wondering how you've managed to change your manager name as in your screenshots Dafuge? Am I missing an obvious way of doing it?

Cheers,

C.

You can set yourself a nickname in the same manner as you would for any player/staff member in the game :)

Merthyr Tydfill League 1 2017/18

Table

Position

FA Cup - 3rd Rd

League Cup - 2nd Rd

JPT - South Qtr-Final

I started this year with high hopes as i possessed a strong squad but another season passed by in midtable. At the halfway point i hoped to push towards the playoff spots but the Fa cup loss sent me down the table instead. Too many goals conceeded again the problem.

In the FA Cup i was thrashed 4-0 away to Premiership Tottenham, a result that at least brought in some money. The League cup ended away to Championship Blackburn 3-2, a narrow loss and i went out to league 2 Wycombe losing 4-2 away in the JPT.

Squad

Transfers

Macdonald (history) was not good enough to justify the wages he wanted since he was mostly a backup player.

Gibson (history) had become 4th choice keeper and was sold on, Kisuka (history) was given away as i was unable to find any buyers, he was L1 standard but 4th choice striker and on high wages.

In goal Kudimbana started the season but lost form and Lampard took over.

In defence Craig was the standout, and played alongside Tennant with Rodgers showing good form for the first season in a while. The other defenders all were inconsistant and were in and out of the squad.

In midfield Knott and Krouchi were the main wide players with Noone again excellent in the centre. My youth product Williams showed great form at the end of the season when i started playing him.

Upfront Clarke started on fire but didn't score after Nov. McShea came in to score a few with Bailleul providing the greatest threat.

Star Player - Although not rated to improve Bailleul is still a fantastic player at this level.

Career so far:

Season    League                     Position       Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South           3rd         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier         9th         None
2012/13   Blue Square Premier         2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2013/14   League 2                    15th        None  
2014/15   League 2                    13th        JPT Winners
2015/16   League 2                    5th         Promoted via playoffs
2016/17   League 1                    13th        None 
2016/17   League 1                    14th        None 

Carshalton 2019-20 review - League 1

Not an awful lot, remained in mid table for most of the season, ended up 15th.

Didn't do an awful lot in the cups either, still, happy with the way the season ended.

This season the board want me to avoid relegation, which I can do

League: http://i46.tinypic.com/2j14pap.jpg

Confidence: http://i45.tinypic.com/2ii7sx2.jpg

Transfers: http://i47.tinypic.com/34sle7b.jpg

Finances (slight mess up): http://i46.tinypic.com/2jdmjo0.jpg

You can set yourself a nickname in the same manner as you would for any player/staff member in the game :)

Which is...? I thought this feature was removed; there was a thread about it in GQ and I can't find any set nickname option in the right-click context menu for your manager anymore. :o

Which is...? I thought this feature was removed; there was a thread about it in GQ and I can't find any set nickname option in the right-click context menu for your manager anymore. :o

That's precisely why I asked. :thup:

I assume Dafuge has found a way of doing it because his screenshots have a single manager name 'Dafuge'. Also, his earlier screenshots had 'D Fuge' or something like that instead.

Perhaps Dafuge has found a way of changing it. That's what I was hoping. :)

Regards,

C.

Oh ****, didnt realise both my keepers are on international duty :(

Away at Northampton, won't use the grey keeper I have been provided as he looks rubbish, just going to play one of the youth keepers. This should be hilariously bad.

Only got 1 keeper available, so today, Michael George makes his debut for Carshalton. He's to George Michael what Collins John was to John Collins. :D

Ah sorry, I sent that on my phone whilst sat on the bus so obviously I didn't check it :p

That's quite irritating, why would they have removed it?

Season 12 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Premier League - 13th (Table)

FA Cup - 3rd Round (lost v Everton)

League Cup - 4th Round (lost v Man City)

Transfers

Very glad to have stayed up, but to be honest we had that sewn up by about 20 games in, shame we couldn't really push on from there. Unfortunately our striker who was doing all the goalscoring got some mediocre teams interested in him, which of course meant he bottled it and scored about 2 more goals all season, so that was that for us.

Definitely need some more quality in defence and midfield - I think the strikers are probably good enough, they just can't do it all by themselves! Considering a new keeper as well which would be a shame as the current incumbent is from the youth system, but we need better.

Finances should be okay now the new seating is up and running, we made a loss of about £5m over the season, but our attendances were capped at 1335 until 28th January so that'll cover that - plus we spent a good £20m on transfers. I'm hoping for a similar kitty this time out, else we're looking at a struggle.

Season    League                  Position  Achievements                  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South       1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two    4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2013/14   Coca-Cola League One    6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Coca-Cola League One    4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2015/16   Coca-Cola League One    17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
2016/17   Coca-Cola League One    2nd       Promoted
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship  18th      None
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship  21st      None
2019/20   Coca-Cola Championship  9th       None
2020/21   Coca-Cola Championship  6th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
[b]2021/22   Premier League          13th      None[/b]

Previous Season Reports:

Season 1 - 2010/11

Season 2 - 2011/12

Season 3 - 2012/13

Season 4 - 2013/14

Season 5 - 2014/15

Season 6 - 2015/16

Season 7 - 2016/17

Season 8 - 2017/18

Season 9 - 2018/19

Season 10 - 2019/20

Season 11 - 2020/21

Kingstonian (2016/2017)

League One Prediction - 20

League One Position - 2

Table

Graph

Summary

Great season.. we played awesome almost all season, but lost some important points in the late season which made it a battle to take the last playoffspot

We also had a nice FA Cup run but got beatin by Arsenal in the 5th round after 80 minutes where we had the lead.

Squad

Sousa Great signing this year

Garrod Decent second season, i dont think he will make it in the Championship though

Klinkenberg

Connoly The ass manager doesnt seem to like him, but he had a great season anyway

Transfers Got quite alot of players in, but it didnt seem to ruin the athmosphere

Goals for the upcoming season:

Staying up for sure. Im pretty certain that i have to get in quite a few players, but well see

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     2010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
Blue Square South     2011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
Blue Square Premier   2012/13   5th       Playoff semi-final losers 
Blue Square Premier   2013/14   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions
League Two            2014/15   2nd       JPT Winners, Promotion
League One            2015/16   13th      none
League One	      2016/17   2nd	  Promotion

Have just won promotion to the BSP - full update to follow but I was thinking for the step up I will need a new keeper, better centre halves, some quality in the centre of the park and more oprtions out wide.

Then my scout give me the following message - looks like numbers 3 and 4 off the above shoping list are sorted!

Bradford PA

Season One

(2010/2011)

BSN

Final table:

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/bradfordpaleaguetable10-11.jpg

Im really happy with this season. I sold the whole team that I started with , replacing with my own players.Went on an 18 match unbeaten run mid way through season and I thought the title could be on the cards. Few draws and defeats in last few months meant I had to settle for play offs. To be honest I didnt expect to even finish that high. Poor cup runs. I dont really care about cups at this stage.

Positions Graph: http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/bradfordpapositionsgraph10-11.jpg

Transfers: http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/bradfordpatransfers10-11.jpg

Aario - Hucknall - Season 1 (2010-11) - BSN - Promoted as champions

Overview

Can honestly say this season exceeded expectations - Media predicted 21st, I hoped for a playoff position challenge, told the board mid table finish and ended up winning the thing :eek:

Started off by shipping out the majority of the inhertited squad and staff and signing the Jocks (this years Islanders!) and getting some staff with a decent amount of knowledge.

After a shakey start espeically away from home (lost my first 4 games away) a switch to more conservative tactics in away games was probably an early season turning point which set up for the sucessful campaign. Also a lack of injuries was a major factor in the season.

League

As you can see from the table it was my home form that clinched it, combined with the fact that no other teams put in outstanding seasons. I am sure in many peoples first season this points total would not have won the league - certainly would not have been good enough in the BSS!. Although we were top for long periods we were never that secure as evidenced by the last 5 game stumble across the line. In fact I didn't win a single manager of the month and none of my players won a player of the month (I think this is a probably personal first/worst in a league winning season on FM)

[Edit update - not surprisingly I did win manager of the season and 2 of my players won awards see below]

Cups

Nothing to see here - move along please! (aim for next season is to do a little better to get some cash in!)

Squad

Here are the boys - the normal names from Celtic and Rangers plus a few gems found by the scouts / backroom advice meetings

Best 2 players were the well known (in this thread) Keatings and Fitzharris who both stayed injury free and in the goals pretty much throught the season [Edit update - Keatings won BSN player of the season and Fitzharris won golden boot (with Keatings 2nd!)].

Examples of players found by the scouts / backroom advice include Hodgkiss, Rubiales and Fernandez plus the couple in post 4354103 who as you see from my season trasnfers I managed to get after the league was won.

Aims for next season

Mid table finish would be good - need to hope the home form stays solid. I think the strikers well score in the BSP but really need a more solid keeper and centre half I reckon.

Finances

Despite staying well under the wage budget (another FM first for I think!) we lost money each month. Board have twice given cash injections so really need to get bigger gates abd do better in the cups next season.

Don't think I have ever gone up in financial control in the first season before :D

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square North         1st         Promoted as Champions

Promotion from BSN 2010/2011

Playoff:

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/bradfordpaplayoffwinners10-11.jpg

Squad: http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/bradfordpasquad10-11.jpg

Aims for next season:

Well the defence was fantastic this season resulting in the best goals against in the league. The striker roles and wings will need to be invested in as I didnt score as many as I would have liked. I said midtable this season and finished winning playoffs. I will say midtable again but fingers crossed for a playoff spot once again. Finances are bad but that seems to be the case with most peoples saves. Promotion the sooner the better.

Dartford - Coca Cola League One - 2015/16

Predicted: 24th

Finished: 6th

League Table

This season was a wonderful journey. Started off with very unlucky results with us performing well but not getting our just deserts. It seems to me at the early stages like our luck would be our biggest downfall all season. But things began to pick up and we did remain out of the relegation spots for a long period. Then, unexpectantly we began to go on a run, which included defeating Championship Hull in the FA Cup. That set us up for a lovely trip to Old Trafford in which we left smiling from ear to ear despite the 5-0 mauling. A cool £1 million for that match alone. We just kept going from there and in the end were actually unlucky not to clinch the 2nd place spot and go automatically up.

Play-Off Semi-Final First Leg We played okay but a draw was probably the fair result.

Stats

Play-Off Semi-Final Second Leg When I say, 'we didn't turn up,' I mean exactly that. I was genuinely shocked by our performance, especially two defenders who had performed brilliantly up to this match. O well, move on.

Stats

Carling Cup Nothing happened here.

JPT Same here.

FA Cup The first season so far that the FA Cup has brought us in some serious revenue and we enjoyed the experience very much so.

Transfers Lost my star keeper to Coventry but he wanted to go so I had to accept the 170k for him.

James Keatings got his move to Cambridge in January after largely being non-existant for me.

I released Fourtier and Orlandi in March due to the finances taking a pounding; with both playing hardly ever and badly whenever they did put on the shirt.

Viennet also moved on.

We brought in a few strikers who did the business, one in particular (I made Captain) by the name of Henry Ali - surely the best name ever?

Squad Starting to take shape. A lot of foreigners but unless English players becomes reasonably priced overnight I'm afraid it won't be changing.

Finances For once we look okayish.

Key Men

Henry Ali Our Star player and my new club Captain. Very happy knowing he is leading the line.

Guy Daniels A loanee in which gave us great width and assited the forwards on many occasions.

Anthony Edgar Again like Daniels, kept the forwards with plenty of chances and generally was one of the best players at Dartford all season.

Andy Fleming The un-sung hero on the season really. Did the business and got the most goals (I think) but lacked a bit of magic like Ali. Still a cracking player at this level.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted
2015/16   Coca Cola League One     6th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final

Next Season

I just hope I can maintain our performances and not go backwards. If we can reach the play-offs again that would be great. Still need to improve the squad.

Middle of the season for Boston Utd in L2. FA Cup 3rd Rd tie against BSP Tamworth coming up. 5th in the league. Out of all the other cups. Good going so far after I downloaded a tactic as my own wasn't cutting it early on. In with a shot for automatic promotion if I keep it together. Should get by in the FA Cup and hoping for a big money tie. Wouldn't mind getting lucky and reaching the semi though. :D

Annihilator666 - Guiseley - Season 13/14 - Blue Square Premier

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Squad - Guiseley Squad

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Chris Dagnall

Records - Overall Records | Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

Competition History - Past League Positions | Full Competitions History

Really fantastic season. There were a few really tough teams in the league (Wrexham, Hereford, Rushden, Yeovil) but I managed to pip them all to the title. I picked up striker Chris Dagnall for a free in the off season and he went straight into the team and picked up 40 goals total.

I had to let go of Super Kyle before the season because the finances were putting pressure on my wage budget, but he would've been the 3rd or 4th striker in the squad anyway.

On the subject of finances, I didn't get any big cup games again this season. Made it to the 2nd round of the FA Cup and quarter-finals of the FA Trophy. The board made a couple of investments during the year to keep the financial situation above "Insecure".

Don't know if my current squad will be good enough to compete in League 2. Won't be making many changes before the start of the season so will see how things go.

Just when the win at Liverpool left me thinking that perhaps we were unbeatable afterall...

FA Cup - 4th Round

Cambridge City 0-1 Aston Villa

A Ched Evans goal gave Villa a deserved win. :( Oh well back to the League and Trophy double then. :D

EDIT

FA TROPHY - 3rd Round

Cambridge City 3-0 Cambridge United

I feel much better now.

In 2019, Retford got promoted :D

Retford were promoted in 2018 in mine along with hastings, Aveley appeared in 2017 and Halesowen in 2016, Halesowen are my feeder club and are now in BSP.

These are the clubs in the BSB/BSS in 2019

Archived