dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2012/13 - Hendon - Blue Square North

After last season's relegation (I thought about embarrassment but that's not the word, because it wasn't really), I had hoped we would be able to bounce back well enough. The media seemed to think we wouldn't though.

Media Prediction: 7th

League Finish: 1st

League Graph

We never left the play-offs and once again, top spot was something we never let go of. As well as this, we only lost one match amongst the whole season and broke the 100 point mark.

Transfers

FA Cup

FA Trophy

The combined sale of Bagshaw (who was utterly shyte) and good runs in the cups meant our finances were back in black.. for all of 3 months and we're 20 grand in the red currently..

Squad

Key Player Profiles

Przemyslaw Kazimierczak

The Pole in goal was absolutely phenominal and far too good for the BSN in my opinion. My point is proved by the fact that his goals conceded and clean sheets were equal at 31! Excellent season.

Mansour Assoumani

Another great season from the stopper in defence. The Comoros international missed very little games and was solid at the back - he even scored goals when he could.

Gordon Dick

The centre back was great now that we're back in the Conference league and was a rock alongside Assoumani and even scored a memorable hat-trick in one match.. I'd also like to point out none of those were headers!

Nick Main

The centre midfielder was excellent this year and managed to get up in amongst the scorers. 12 goals and 9 assists capped off a great season.

Luca Santonicito

The Italian was superb as this year's playmaker and contributed highly in both assists and goals in what was an excellent season all round at the club.

Craig McShea

Craig was not as prolific as previous seasons but still scored 24 and laid on a further 11 to ensure we did well this year. However, a lone striker role is now used and we really need a target man. This is something which Craig isn't so this may be his last season..

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          1st            BSN Champions
2011/12    Blue Square Premier       23rd             Relegated
2012/13    Blue Square North          1st            BSN Champions

Gargra - Chippenham Town - Coca-Cola league 1 - 2013/2014

Was expecting to spend atleast two seasons here but my scouts found some truly amazing players for me. just hope they can keep up next season.

League Table - Still in shock at my placing

Transfers

Finances - It's looking up this season. Wonder how next gonna go.

Squad

Key Players:

Troy Brown - King of the defence this year too

Nathaniel Wedderburn - followed up last season with a decent performance in this league too. beeing my most important midfielder.

Pablo Blasco - Best player i've got so far. Still love my scout for this one.

Supersub of the year:

Henrik Ojamaa

Season      League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Blue Square South           4th         Promotion(Playoff)
2011/12    Blue Sqaure Premier         3rd         Promotion(Playoff), FA Trophy
2012/13    Coca-Cola League 2          3rd         Promotion
2013/14    Coca-Cola League 1          4th         Promotion(Playoff), Johnstone's Paint Trophy

Next season

Beeing a small team gotta catch up to me sooner or later. I guess this is the season. Just hope we can avoid relegation

Good job bouncing straight back up Cardio, I hope I don't have to do the same - Merthyr's debut season in the Premier League is proving a tricky job!

Edit: Great job gargle, just spotted your update! The Championship was a huge step up for me, and I spent 4 seasons in League One, so if you can compete I'll be impressed :)

Dafuge here i go mate.This will be my first challenge ever.I managed lower league teams before but not that low :).Just started a new game and pressed go on holiday till 24th June.Holiday Man name:First Man Last Man(very creative)

Loaded top players from continent with large db.

Lets see how it goes.Its gonna be damn hard

Annihilator666 - Guiseley - Season 12/13 - Blue Square Premier

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Squad - Guiseley Squad

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Guillem Bauzá

Records - Overall Records | Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

Competition History - Past League Positions | Full Competitions History

A decent first season in the Blue Square Premier during which I really didn't encounter many problems, except financially. Towards the end of the season I was pushing for the final playoff spot, but a win on the final day didn't matter as Darlington also won and therefore sneaked into the playoffs.

For the first time, I had a decent run in the FA Cup, making it to the second round. Didn't get any big draws on the way there though, and was knocked out by Gateshead infront of 350 spectators... :(

There was a board takeover during the season too, but no investments were forthcoming. Instead, the new board took out a £300k loan to bring the balance back into the black though it didn't stay that way for very long.

Aims for next season:

-- Push for a playoff spot

-- Cup run to alleviate the financial pressures

Cambridge City - Blue Square North - 2010/11

Media Prediction was 19th but I wanted promotion even if it meant via the play-offs.

League Table

As it turns out we had an outstanding season. Now usually like a lot of us I can eventually plough through the Leagues and eventually complete the challenge however, this season was definitely beyond anyone's wildest dreams. Our defence was outstanding and we remained unbeaten during the season although there were one or two scary moments.

Player stats

We may scored an awful lot of goals but we failed to get the top scorer in the Division. However, Fuller's 28 assists was clearly the best as was his 9 MOM awards.

FA Cup

An excellent run in the FA Cup which brought us in a fortune (mainly through TV money) finally ended in a 2-1 loss away to Wolves in a 5th Round Replay. We nearly didn't get there though as the mighty Dartford took us to a replay at their ground in the 2nd Round and we scraped through on penalties. For excitement how about this game in a 3rd Round Replay?

FA Trophy

No real problems here. Considering our League form it was no surprise that we suprisingly won the FA Trophy (if you know what I mean). We almost slipped up in the Semi-Final 2nd leg at home to Mansfield though as we trailed 2-0 and scored 3 late goals. In the Final we easily defeated Wrexham 4-1 (having already won 3-0 away to the Blue Square Premier side in the 4th Qualifying Round of the FA Cup.

Squad

Not too bad for the Conference North and although we did not have enough strength in depth in my view our 1st XI were certainly excellent. We spent nothing at all to bring in players because we had no transfer budget but surprisingly at this level its not too difficult to bring in real quality on full time contracts.

Player Profiles

GK James Gilpin - (age 20) - 27 clean sheets last season in the league. 38 clean sheets overall shows why I signed him from Burton Albion on a free and why he took over in goal from about game 7.

DR Matt Haniver - (age 29) - Only got to play in 23 games last season in the league and clearly needs replacing. He's a bit too old for my kind of squad and certainly not fit enough although he did chip in with 9 assists in the league.

DL James Krause (age 24) - A good solid season but wasn't really pushed by anyone to keep his place. He will be pushed next season.

DC David Theobald (age 32) - A good solid season but just like Haniver is too old and too unfit to be in an SMSL squad. We released him at the end of the season and he has now joined Alfreton Town who won promotion from our Division via the play-offs.

DC Ollie Rowe (age 20) - A good season for this youngster I brought in on a free from Brighton. Don't think he's quite good enough to keep his place this coming season though.

MC Stephen Smith (age 24) - 8 goals and 9 assists in the league. Won't keep his place next season though as Falkingham is better and 2 more MCs have since been signed who are also better. Should be a useful squad player for now though if the fixtures start to pile up again.

MC Josh Falkingham (age 20) - 4 goals and 4 assists in 21 league games for this youngster signed on a free from Leeds. Should be one of 3 quality MCs next season.

AMR Rob Nightingale (age 30) - Excellent season for the vice captain. He managed 11 goals and 18 assists last season. No real threat to his position yet and that needs to be addressed.

AML Ashley Fuller (age 24) - Was the only player fit enough to play all 42 league games last season managing 14 goals and a whopping 28 assists. Overall he managed 59 apps, 19 goals, 34 assists and 11 MOMs. During the season he picked up a massive ONE yellow card. Funny thing is I don't actually rate him and he needs replacing but can you argue with stats like that???

SC Colin Heath (age 27) - The goals came a plenty due mainly to an ex-Man Utd strikeforce that was at the club before I arrived. 23 League goals in just 30 league games was enough to be our top scorer however, with our very attack-minded formation when the games pile-up a lot of rotation is need (well unless you are Ashley Fuller).

SC Ramon Calliste (age 25) - The 2nd part of the ex-Man Utd strikeforce notched up 19 goals in 27 league games. Not quite as good a player as Heath and due to new signing Vasilev he may sit on the bench a lot more this season.

Late season signings

DL Thomas Lyskov (age 19) - Signed from Reading on a free. Will certainly give Krausse a good run for that left back spot and has even more potential. An added bonus is that he's very quick indeed.

DC Calum Butcher (age 20) - Signed from Spurs on a free. All the right physical attributes for the position.

SC Radoslav Vasilev (age 20) - Another free signing from Reading. So good that 6 goals and 2 assists in just 4 games got him into our top 16 of the season. Definitely our number one striker for the coming season.

DR Georg Grasser (age 20) - Signed from West Ham on a free. Will be first choice right back next season.

Finances

TV money from the FA Cup run means that for the forseeable future we have no money worries. The board decided to improve both youth and training facilities as well as give me a transfer budget of £300k.

Loyalty is everything :D

For the 1st time in about 7 years of playing FM/CM I was actually offered a job! Sadly for them I turned it down.

[font=Courier New]Season   League              Position    Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  Blue Square North   1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup 5th Round, FA Trophy Winners[/font]

Cheers Cardio and Snake. At the moment I am "into" this game. I haven't really been "into" an FM game since 2007. So lets hope I can keep it going.

I know what you mean' date=' I don't really feel like I got into [i']any[/i] of my FM09 games, and only a couple of my FM08 saves. I'm really into this one though, hopefully that's indicative of FM10 in general :)

Edit: Guess who my parent club used to be :D

Hassebasse Merthyr Tydfil 2020-2021 League One

A great first season in league one saw me finish second, being the highest scoring team in the league. After spending six seasons in league two, I've had a lot of time to perfect my tactics, this payed off in the end :p

League Table

Transfers

Squad

My best performer was my penalty taker and target for corner kicks Woodward, scoring an incredibly 18 goals as a dc, 10 of them on penalties. He's been with me for quite some time now, not sure how he'll perform in the championship

Other great performers were my amc/st Connolly and my lone striker White

Aims for the new season:

Since I'm broke, keep hold of my current players, surviving in the ccc

Get a good cup run, got to the 5th rounf of the FA cup this year

BTW anyone else has a John Morling in there game?
Yep, my assistant manager. Seeing as I don't watch games, he does a good job for me in winning games, but can be a bit harsh sometimes which leads to unhappy players.

Unemployed Ass Man in my save - wasn't interested in a contract with Hucknall :(

Why do you ask?

Not seen this before - nice touch :thup:

He had had a "sit" for the last month or so and the goals and performances had dried up so hopefully he can start playing well again now.

Sorry for multiple posts but - that didn't take long :D

Edit - anyone know what I have done wrong in that screenshot?

This is my first time as LLM, not to mention doing this challenge, so be gentle with me.

I managed to get my closest local team to come up first time of asking, so I am now the proud manager of part time outfit Nantwich Town.

I'll do a squad review shortly after I get to grips with my team and staff.

15 games into our maiden Premier League season and Merthyr are sitting pretty in 10th! :)

The step-up from The Championship really isn't that significant I don't think... most of my team are the same that finished 6th in that league last season, only added a new left back, centre back and striker. Certainly compared to the gulf between The Championship and League One, it's been quite easy so far...

*awaits inevitable nosedive*

Edit: I've got the next Cashley apparently... don't know whether that's supposed to be a good thing?

Random, got my 3rd game in 4 days, including now 2 in 2 days, without there really being any fixture congestion, don't think I've had a game postponed all season.

Full set of League 1 fixtures for both days as well, near the end of the season, could have spread it out a bit more. Players will be understandably knackered, tempted to rest a few.

15 games into our maiden Premier League season and Merthyr are sitting pretty in 10th! :)

The step-up from The Championship really isn't that significant I don't think... most of my team are the same that finished 6th in that league last season, only added a new left back, centre back and striker. Certainly compared to the gulf between The Championship and League One, it's been quite easy so far...

*awaits inevitable nosedive*

Edit: I've got the next Cashley apparently... don't know whether that's supposed to be a good thing?

you've now cursed yourself to have a Hull City-esque debut season ;)

So, as far as it stands with my Nantwich guys, I seem to have a couple of half decent players in the reserves and u18s side. One u18 player has over 10 in all his physical stats, with a bit of nurturing and patience he might become a decent centre back. His mental and technical stats are not that good, but he physically is perfect, so who knows. I need an overhaul of the first team though, time to get involved in the free transfers after I get some staff in.

The good thing about the Blue Square Premier is that there is no cup involvement whatsoever until FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round meaning injuries are few and far between and we're streaking ahead in the League again. Arch rivals Histon and Cambridge United have already been dispatched and we got Histon in the FA Cup to come too. :D

What a difference a couple of bargain buys make to your title odds.

My board gave me the job in the hope I would stave off relegation, I sign two football league released players who the fans thought were a masterstroke, and now the odds come out for the league and we are apparently 6-1 contenders for the title.

The pressure is on now for the start of the season.

FC United - Coca-Cola Championship - Season 2014/2015

This was simply unbelievable, for the fifth successive season, I was promoted. This season was crazy with many ups and downs, but getting the results were it counts was what it took. We finished in 5th place, but it was only at the end of the season when we actually were in with a chance for the play-offs, always sitting around 8th/9th for much of the season.

League Table

Play-Off Semi-Final Leg 1

An unlucky match at home, with Leeds bagging a goal in the ninetieth minute. Things didn’t look too good.

Play-Off Semi-Final Leg 2

Tremendous play from my boys ensured our place in the Final. Two extra-time goals from Jermaine Pennant and Guillem Bauza gave us victory.

Play-Off Final

Talk about leaving the Championship in style. A tremendous hattrick from Artaunovic granted us a place in the Premiership next season, fantastic.

Our FA Cup run was again very good this season, although we didn’t do nearly as well as last season, we reached the 6th round, playing Man City, the team who defeated us in the Final last season. We showed massive improvements against them, going from a very heavy defeat to a 1-1 draw at home. However in the replay we were defeated 3-1.

We had a decent run in the Europa League, which certainly pleased me and brought some money in. We got past the qualification rounds and made it to the group stages, but we unluckily were eliminated, finishing just short in third.

FA Cup

EURO Cup

League Cup

My signings were absolutely pivotal, with all bar 3 being free transfers. The most important signing was most definitely Marko Artaunovic, he signed in November and played in the league 34 games, scoring 24 times with an average rating of 7.20. He is the first man I have signed who I feel truly could put Craig McShea out of the team. The only man who I really spent money on was David, for 2million, and he proved to be worth it, dominating in the attacking midfielder position. Perhaps my most important signing was new goalkeeper Mihaylov. He saved us many times and kept us in games we looked sure to be losing, a true great.

Transfers

Despite not having a proper starting spot throughout the season, Craig McShea nearly always featured on the bench and often got on, also starting in many matches. Despite not being quite the star man as he has proven to be over the past five years, he was still pivotal in getting promotion. Overall he made 38 appearances and got 12 goals, for a player who started in the Blue Square North, this is some great stats in the Championship. I am confident that my man McShea can still play a large part in the team for the season to come, and if not I am sure he would move to a Championship club for quite a large sum of money.

Aims for Next Season:

As long as we stay in the Premier League, I do not care where we finish.

Season      League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Blue Square North           1st         Promotion, BSN Champions
2011/12    Blue Square Premier         2nd         Promoted
2012/13    Coca-Cola League 2          6th         Promoted, play-off winners
2013/14    Coca-Cola League 1          1st         Promoted, League 1 Champions
2014/15    Coca-Cola Championship      5th         Promoted, play-off winners

What a difference a couple of bargain buys make to your title odds.

My board gave me the job in the hope I would stave off relegation, I sign two football league released players who the fans thought were a masterstroke, and now the odds come out for the league and we are apparently 6-1 contenders for the title.

The pressure is on now for the start of the season.

A lot of us seem to have been given short odds at the start of the first season - think it may be a bit of a bug as if you are anything like me you will described as (pre-season) relegation candidates for most of the season however well you are doing.

£400K is obviously a special number for my chairman, so far this season i've had 3 bids over this figure for players and 3 times the chairman has intervened to sell the player :mad:.

I'm in feb now and a 3rd season of midtable obscurity in L1 is looming.

Not a good start in the Premiership, sitting 19th with 2 points from 15 haha, oh well. Funnily enough my two points come from games against Man City and Arsenal in high scoring draws which we deserved to win.

EDIT - Make that 20th after a heavy 3-0 defeat at the hands of Chelsea.

Wow he looks incredible!

Not a good start in the Premiership, sitting 19th with 2 points from 15 haha, oh well. Funnily enough my two points come from games against Man City and Arsenal in high scoring draws which we deserved to win.

EDIT - Make that 20th after a heavy 3-0 defeat at the hands of Chelsea.

Well you had to hit a brick wall at some point :p I'm sure you'll turn it around and stay up though.

My fixtures this season are a bit weird, we have 8 or 9 ridiculously hard ones followed by 8 or 9 really easy ones - I'm in the second set of ridiculously hard games at the moment, providing I can get through them with morale intact and still in touch with the top half, I think finishing there is a realistic aim :)

Archived