dafuge's FM10 challenge

Great season, Mikael. I was waiting for your update for ages.

Could you, please, show us your finances and wages in UK currency? Bit hard to properly understand your financial position in DKK's :)

Well you could do a google search: '<amount> dkk in <preferred currency>'. I will see if I can do a screenie with UK currency later on :)

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2013/14- Billericay Town - Coca-Cola League One

League Position - 12th

TABLE

GRAPH

In many ways my least interesting season, in many others, my most interesting season. As you can see from the graph above, we really never looked like threatening the playoff places, nor did we ever look like relegation was a worry. It was the definition of mid-table obscurity. That said, I found out a lot about these Blues last season.

As far as the details of the playing season go, basically we played the same dire, long ball hoofing, narrow defensive tactic Ricay has become known for. If you look at goal differential, we really should have finished right around the playoff places. Sadly, it was mostly the result of a few annihilations sandwiched around the fact that we stayed close in nearly every game. Between average goalkeeping and a very streaky strikeforce, its not the sort of performance that gives me hope these same players will be able to compete for the league next season.

I was again active in the free transfer market, and this year due to a new Spanish coach was able to raid Spain a tad as well. Half of my current first-choice back four came from Spanish free-transfers, as well as my first choice Keeper. There are now as many French, Spanish and Italians in the side as Englishmen, despite my scouts still being restricted to the UK plus Ireland and France. Heavy use of trials and Assistant suggestions is to blame.

Cups were a bit better this year. We went out on penalties in both the JPT and League Cup, but at least in the League Cup we lost to Premiership opposition in the form of Roy Keane's Ipswich. The FA cup saw our first ever appearance in the 3rd round, and we were rewarded with a money-spinning thrashing at Villa Park.

FA cup

League Cup

JPT

Before I get into transfers and finances, I should mention that Ricay was subject of a takeover. Sadly it was the boring board takeover kind, and my new chairman indicated immediately there would be no investment.

Takeover Message

No investment

Here are the transfers & finances. Note I spent money on a transfer for the first time, on the disappointing Antony Sweeney, and that without the 300k from the Villa tie, we'd really be in trouble.

FINANCES

TRANSFERS

Highlights of the squad this season:

Calvin Andrew - The longtime Ricay targetman was still able to contribute at this level, potting 19 goals.

Manuel Rodríguez Sánchez - Rodríguez Sánchez was a new signing from Spain, and looks the business. If I can keep them together, he could form an imperious partnership with Fratus.

Federico Fratus - The young Italian defender was inconsistent, but was immense when he was on.

Giuseppe Gallo - Gallo tied for top scorer with Andrew, though he really scored in bunches, 7 of his 19 came in 2 games. He was often subbed for dire performances when he wasn't on.

In real life, I'd probably say I've taken Ricay as far as they can be taken, as the stadium cannot be expanded due to lack of space, and without a larger facility, I'll never make the money to improve the training/youth facilities or to invest in the wage bill for better players. Given that knowledge, I suspect Ricay are looking at one more season of consolidation in League 1 and hopefully some profit from sales before I can make the push to the Championship. At that level, the only hope will be another takeover and a new stadium.

Billericay Town

2010/2011 - Blue Square South - 2nd, playoffs - promoted, FA Cup - 3rd qualifying round, FA Trophy - 3rd qualifying round

2011/2012 - Blue Square Premier - 2nd, playoffs - promoted, FA Cup - 2nd round, FA Trophy - Final

2012/2013 - Coca-Cola League Two - 3rd, automatic promotion, FA Cup - 2nd round, League Cup - 1st round, Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 1st round

2013/2014 - Coca-Cola League One - 12th, FA Cup 3rd round, League Cup 2nd round, Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 2nd round

2010/11 - Boston Utd

League Position - 9th

Final League Table

Positions Graph

Picked to finish 15th at the start of the season, and finished 9th so it has to be considered a reasonably good season for the start of my career. It was a very disappointing start with only 1 win in the first 10 games. The squad played very well after all the new signing seemed to settle but in the end we came up short in the final month with some disappointing results that ultimately led to us just missing a playoff position.

Top Transfer News

Ricky Holmes (In) - Signed for free to play RW had a very good season. Has great speed and technical ability and should be a great player for a couple season unless I can sell him into a higher league.

Ishmael Welsh (In) - Signed on a free to play LW and has tremendous pace for this level. His season form was not great, as he had some decent stretches of play but for the most part played much below his ability.

Jeromy Noslin (In) - Signed in January for $1500 from Bedford. The midfielder from Holland suffered a 7 week injury which largely ruined any chances he would had in the first team but he should be a good player for next season.

Cup Results

FA Cup - Knocked out in 3rd Round Qualifying

FA Trophy - Knocked out in 1st Round

Confidence

Finances

Transfers

Top 5 performers in the squad for this season:

Ricky Holmes - Finished 3rd in the league with 12 assists.

Marc Newsham - Led the club with 19 goals.

Adam Millson - Young player in the midfield that had a good year.

Chris Wood - A rock on defense all season long.

Mark Camm - Finished 2nd in the league in pass completion and 1st in the league in tackles with 3.12/game.

Most promising youngster:

Chimaobi Peters - This young RB played the whole year in U18 leagues however he will be part of the first team next year and looks to be a great prospect for the club.

Outlook for 2011/12 Season:

I am hoping to build out modest success from 2010/11 and hopefully earn promotion to the BSP. The squad needs upgrades at central defender and striker and that is my first prder of business in the off-season.

Career Overview

Boston Utd
Season        Division                    Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North           9th

Hoping for a Westcountry side - I lost patience trying to get Bognor Regis promoted so instead I plumped for... Tiverton.

Here I am.

To be honest, I waited to see I wouldn't crash and burn in the first season, so should update soon. I see I've a long way to go to catch some of you all.

How do you guys get the league positions graph? On my game I don't have that tab.

Also, how do you make the Career Overview code that is at the bottom of everyone's season summary in this thread?

Click the position (1st, 2nd, 3rd...) in the league table.

The career overview isn't automatically generated or anything like that, people just type it out inside CODE tags. :)

Bradford Park Avenue BSP 2012/13.

A bit of a damp squib really - my form tailed off over the last 10 or so games, limped into 3rd place so made the play-offs.

Kidderminster won the opening leg 2-0, in the return at Horsfal Park I took the lead in the 12th minute raising hopes of pulling it off. However Valentin Milenov my central midfielder had other ideas and launched a two-footed tackle in the 17th minute, got sent off and the game petered out into a draw.

Went out of both Cups in the 1st rnd proper - Harrogate beat me in the FA Cup thanks to a 30 yard screamer from a centre half who'd never scored in his previous 90 matches. That was their one shot in target in the whole 90 mins.

Lost to Chester who were 18th in the BSN at the time.

Other news - Liverpool have gone into administration.

Anyone else seen teams with new stadiums named after people?

So far I have

Zola Stadium: Chelsea 57612 all seater w/undersoil heating plus roof

Windass Park: Hull :D 36469 all seater w/undersoil heating

Man City went unoriginal and called theirs the Man City stadium, a 64395 all seater w/undersoil heating and roof.

I have never ever had a truely good player coming through my youth system in all my years of gaming FM so it is no surprise to me :)

I had some 2 premiership class players last year on fm09, oddly they both came in the first 2 years when i was non league. When i upgraded the facilities the youth players got worse, i'm convinced the standard of youth players is down to the youth coaches at the club.

In all the years i've played CM/FM i've never had any prem quality youths before never mind world class ones.

Season 2012/13 Review - Guiseley in the Coca Cola League Two - CHAMPIONS

League Table

Past Positions

Finances

With the club becoming professional, we had a big problem with the wage. Since everybody got his wage go up because of the promotion. My wage was already over the budget and had problems with signing new players. But knowing the squad was capable of playing good in League Two I started with a good feeling and still useing my 4-3-3 tactic.

FA Cup | League Cup | Johnstone's Paint Trophy

A terrible run this year, must be better next year...

Squad

Transfers

Three new players this season: Helan, Fornasier and Szczesny. They did perfect! I let a lot of players go this season before I knew I would have problems with the wage budget. So brought in some loanplayers who did okish - but non really could get into my first 11.

Aim for next season: Midtable. Think next season will be really, really hard.

Season     Team           League               Finished  Achievements
2010/11    Guiseley    Blue Square South    	5th       Promoted
2011/12    Guiseley    Blue Square Premier    	1st       Promoted, BSP Champions, FA Trophy winners
2012/13    Guiseley    Coca Cola League Two    	1st       Promoted, CCL2 Champions

How do you guys get the league positions graph? On my game I don't have that tab.

Also, how do you make the Career Overview code that is at the bottom of everyone's season summary in this thread?

I usually go to the league table and click the number next to my team and print screen that

I had some 2 premiership class players last year on fm09, oddly they both came in the first 2 years when i was non league. When i upgraded the facilities the youth players got worse, i'm convinced the standard of youth players is down to the youth coaches at the club.

In all the years i've played CM/FM i've never had any prem quality youths before never mind world class ones.

I've never had any that have come from the new youth in take. In FM09 i was at Man Utd and i sent my scouts out specifically looking for players that we under 17 and a couple of them became world class players

Season 9 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Coca-Cola Championship - 21st (Table)

FA Cup - 4th Round (lost v Sheff Utd)

League Cup - 1st Round (lost v Plymouth)

fers

An awful, awful season. I tried to rebuild the team over the summer, but I should have just stuck with what I had, as the team were looking like maturing into a mid-table side. The side I brought in were a mess, with only maybe two exceptions - my record signing, a left-winger who cost me £2.1m from Lazio, and the right winger Balboa, who would have been incredible except he did his cruciate on about February 2nd (just my luck) and probably will never play again as he's 32.

I'm very tempted to try rebuilding the whole team again as there was literally no improvement at all throughout the season, but I fear that will just destabilise everything again so I'll probably try and keep the same core as this season. Ideally I'd like to keep the first 11, and get rid of everyone else, then try and add to the squad that way, but it rarely works out like that. The club is in debt now, despite making a profit on transfers last season, so it may be a case of selling who people will buy in order to stay afloat. It's going to be a busy summer.

Season    League                  Position  Achievements                  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South       1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two    4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2013/14   Coca-Cola League One    6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Coca-Cola League One    4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2015/16   Coca-Cola League One    17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
2016/17   Coca-Cola League One    2nd       Promoted
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship  18th      None
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship  21st      None

Previous Season Reports:

Season 1 - 2010/11

Season 2 - 2011/12

Season 3 - 2012/13

Season 4 - 2013/14

Season 5 - 2014/15

Season 6 - 2015/16

Season 7 - 2016/17

Season 8 - 2017/18

Gargra - Chippenham Town - Coca-Cola league 2 - 2012/2013

Didn't expect anything going into this season and was truly shucked when i was in 2nd place around newyears. Managed to hold down a 3rd place and promotion in the end. Was pretty close, drew tons of games toward the end of season.

League Table - Still in shock at my placing

Transfers

Finances - It's looking up this season. Wonder how next gonna go.

Squad

Key Players:

Troy Brown - King of the defence

Jeremt Helan - Solid Fullback

Nathaniel Wedderburn - 12 goals from midfield is pretty respectable and best performer over entire season. My best signing so far.

Guillem Bauza - Didn't come in till 2nd half of season but delivered 7 goals and 9 assists.

Season      League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Blue Square South           4th         Promotion(Playoff)
2011/12    Blue Sqaure Premier         3rd         Promotion(Playoff), FA Trophy
2012/13    Coca-Cola League 2          3rd         Promotion

Next season

As usual i don't expect managing much next season. Think alot of my players need replacing if i gonna have another promotion, because there was alot that really struggled at times this season already.

Hassebasse Merthyr 2018-2019 League Two

Finished 4th after being top most of the season. Lost play off final. A season best forgotten as it left me a bitter and broken man :mad:

League Table

Transfers

Hassebasse Merthyr 2019-2020 League Two

Decided to go for broke, spent all my money and had huge wages payed out east and west

Lost £2.5m during the season, but it payed off.

Champions with 108 points

Transfers

Best player was my center back and penalty taker Woodward, who also scored 7 goals from corners. I had most corner goals in my division with 15.

Squad

Goals for the new season:

Finishing somewhere between mid table and play off.

Get finances in order, a season average of 2800 in attendance is not enough

hassebasse80, how could you lose 2.5 million in L2, in fact i only have 1 player in my squad earning more than woodward in wages.

you are going to struggle to pay that off in fact i'm surprised your not in administration.

my average attendance went from 2200 in L2 to 3700 in L1 this year helped by a max 10000 in the cup, this is with Merthyr.

hassebasse80, how could you lose 2.5 million in L2, in fact i only have 1 player in my squad earning more than woodward in wages.

you are going to struggle to pay that off in fact i'm surprised your not in administration.

my average attendance went from 2200 in L2 to 3700 in L1 this year helped by a max 10000 in the cup, this is with Merthyr.

With Merthyr in the Championship I'm losing about £3m per season excluding transfers at the minute, so that's a £3m profit I need to make on them to keep us going every year :(

After complaining about the standard of youth players and not having had any truely great ones this guy popped out this year. My coaches put him at L1 standard and already on a par with my other midfielders and with leading championship potential. i hope they are being conservative as coaches often are.

After complaining about the standard of youth players and not having had any truely great ones this guy popped out this year. My coaches put him at L1 standard and already on a par with my other midfielders and with leading championship potential. i hope they are being conservative as coaches often are.

I had a similar one except he was a WBL/ML, went straight into the team at 16, sold him for £2.5m eventually the summer after we made the Championship as he wanted to play for a big club. Definitely planning to resign him if I get the chance when we make the Premier League :thup:

Carshalton 2018/19 Season Review - League 2 - 5th - Promoted through Playoffs

A very decent season compared to the rest, in that I more often than not consistently played well. A small blip that took me down to mid table threatened me not getting into the playoffs this year, and eventually killed off hopes of auto promotion. However, I got to the playoffs. Drew the first leg 0-0, then won the second leg at home 3-0 in front of a bit shy of 6k fans.

Went to Wembley, where there was about 50k in fans, however, everything was done and dusted in 16 minutes, and I won 2-1, which means, obviously, promotion to League 1 :thup:

No raise in staff allowances this year despite the new board :thdn:

League: http://i45.tinypic.com/33lnyw6.jpg

Playoff Final: http://i45.tinypic.com/2vvo178.jpg

Confidence: http://i47.tinypic.com/2ec3rlg.jpg

Finances (something messed up on that page): http://i50.tinypic.com/257zszc.jpg

Transfers: http://i50.tinypic.com/6ir769.jpg

Squad stats: http://i47.tinypic.com/oucc2q.jpg

Biggest win: http://i50.tinypic.com/24uysgl.jpg

League Graph: http://i46.tinypic.com/2diedys.jpg

Next year, I simply aim to survive.

ever since i got my striker to place his shots he scores the most amazing goals ived seen in a long time! helping me with my best result ever against Championship team Charlton

FA Cup 3rd round

Drew Huddersfield from Premier League. A little boring. It seems like all my cup games is beeing played at my stadium, so not to much money :(

Coming up JPT Final.

Looks like I will be getting in a player, after trialling, from Bochum, for 60k when he is worth £1.4 million. Been linked to him for a while, thought I would trial him, looks very good, and he is a full Albanian international, with 11 caps aged 22.

Got him now, 60k, this could be a decent bargain, and maybe I can make a decent profit off him one day :thup:

4 1/2 stars in current ability atm in League 1, so could do a good job in this division, and the Championship, and who knows, maybe even the Premiership. My wings are now a mix of an Albanian and an Austrian.

Sold my star player two seasons ago for 3.7m, he'd been with me from the start. Never spent the money, lost about a million of it last season, the rest this season. With 450 season tickets sold, 2800 in average attendance brings in next to nothing:o

Had player wages at 32k a week ;)

Start of the first season in League one I have sold 1000 season tickets, sold a few players to raise 500k, and I'm averaging crowds of ca 5500, losing about 120-150k a month. Should keep me just out of administration for the season, need a decent FA cup run

Dartford - Blue Square Premier League - 2012/13

Predicted: 15th

Finished: 1st

League Table

Graph

Very inconsistant to begin with points being dropped but once we got our stuff together, it all began to pick up speed. Season end was close between three teams as you can see..

Five games to go

Three games to go

One to go

But we stuck to our end of the bargin and pulled through!

FA Cup Nothing to see here..

FA Trophy reserves got a run-out

Transfers

Squad Bit more experienced now and looks better than last season for a go at League Two football.

Finances Crap..need to get things even sooner rather than later.

Key Men

Sean Fitzharris Fitz was a constant threat and contributed more specifically with his general play up front aside from plenty of good goals.

Orlandi Great free transfer from last summer (one of those I mentioned was coming in.) Gave a lot of assists and generally he was great all season.

Matthew Saunders It helps your team when you've got a defensive midfielder who barely goes in for a tackle without coming out with the ball. Significant player for us this season.

James Keatings Not exactly a goal machine although unlike some other FM's on here I played him upfront. He was still our top goal scorer and by far our biggest threat to the opposition.

Connor Fairely Really did well this season. Brilliant saves match after match - played nearly every game.

Cameron Stewart Another of the magnicifent trio that arrived in the summer. A good amount of assists and even got himself a goal or two.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions

Next Season

Have four french defenders arranged to arrive already in May and they have League One ratings. I have no idea what to expect, as the leap from BSP to League Two is usually quite difficult. Consolidation is a must but perhaps we can try for the promotion spots. Here's hoping.

Extra: Maybe we can actually get some f*cking luck in the Cup draws!

Where can I find a logo pack for the lower league clubs? Specifically clubs directly below the Blue Square North / South, and for the clubs in the Blue Square North / South that have no logo (Vauxhall, Weston-Super-mare, Ilkeston, etc)

I tried searching the forums, and I tried sortitoutsi, with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kingstonian (2014/2015)

League Two - 24

League Two Position - 2

Table

Graph

Summary

Best season ever.

The campaign started out pretty bad, but with only 2 signings it wasnt because i was suprised. Suddenly it all changed.

We began to play very well and did great in the Cups. After 3/4 of the season we where in top 3 in the league, in the JPT Final and 4th round of FA Cup

We WON the JPT Final and almost made it to the 5th round against Premier League team Huddersfield unfortunaly we where out of luck and lost 1-2

After this we played a bit unstable but got it back together to take the second place in the league, getting us a second promotion in 2 years :)

The finances are well finally at 500k. although we still havent sold even 1 player for money

Squad

Martin Very stable Center back!

Laurent Did really really well with 40 gls in 50 games, best player of the year!

Palsson Cant believe we got this guy at the start of the season, did well!

Peltier

Cronesberry

Transfers Only 2 signings in the start of the season, and seemed like it helped the squad.

the other two signings was a backup and a signing in january who didnt do to well.

Goals for the upcoming season:

Would be nice to have a good FA Cup run again. and staying up ofcourse, but who cares

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     2010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
Blue Square South     2011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
Blue Square Premier   2012/13   5th       Playoff semi-final losers 
Blue Square Premier   2013/14   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions
League Two            2014/15   2nd       JPT Winners, Promotion

Archived