dafuge's FM10 challenge

Re: Friendlies, it's best to play them away? Saw a massive fall in my finances after sending my U18s to play some friendlies abroad and I'm pretty sure that was why. Or I missed some other major expenditure by me. Was around december if you check my finances screenie.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
**** Scab - how the hell do you a) find these players ! and b) produce such good youth ;)

I have 15 scouts. :p

I've been upgrading the youth facilities ASAP and signed a lot of youth coaches with really high Working With Youngsters attributes. Not sure if the latter actually makes a difference in terms of who comes through the system, but their names do seem to appear on most youngsters' Favoured Personnel lists. I should probably also mention that only a few are products of my own academy, Wilson and Conrad were bought and so was Lassina Loué.

Hi everyone this is my first post on the forum. I have been reading lots of things on the forum and i ordered the game which should arrive in a few days now. I really want to start a llm game.

Using the demo i noticed you can organise friendly with well known teams and that kind of events could bring some money. This demo game was played in BSN league with solihull moors and i noticed i was losing money overtime even if i respected wages. So in the game you play you cant use that kind of friendly to make money?

I also noticed there is a file that could bring you to start at lower level in english league up to lvl 10. What do you thing about that?

Thanks in advance for help on those questions

Goodi

Merthyr Tydfill League 2 2013/14

Table

Positions

FA Cup - 1st Rd

League - 1st Rd

JPT -1st Rd

I started badly taking 4 games to score a goal so changed from direct passing to mixed.

After this i moved up the table hitting a 10 match winless streak with 7 draws in Jan when i was eying up the playoff spots. I won a few games after this before enduring another winless streak in mar and apr when i lost 7 in 9 games. The main problem in this season seemed to be scoring, both the strikers and midfielders struggled, conversely the defence was much better until the last few months when the majority of goals were scored.

In the cups i didn't win a match, in the League Cup i lost to Championship Reading on penalties after my best penalty taker was sent of in ET. I lost to L2 Cheltenham on penalties in the JPT and was completely outclassed 1-3 at home to L2 Bradford.

Due to my lack of cup progress my finances are still desperate with me losing money every month, its only down to the board putting in money that it only dropped to -300K.

Squad

Transfers

Due to the financial situation i was nearly at my wage limit of 8.5K when i gained promotion, i was therefore unable to bring any decent players in as there wage demands were too high.

Gallacher started the season in goal with Gibson finishing as first choice even though he was rated much worse by my coaches.

Youga was signed as my main leftback as lovatt was useless.

At right back Fornasier, Rodgers and Hunter all played with no sucess.

In the centre Craig was the mainstay with the others all showing inconsistant form alongside him.

In central midfield Prutton was still very important due to his tackling ability but was increasingly injured, Freeman was brought in to cover even though not a natural midfielder. Eikrem started well before faltering and was replaced be Noone who did very well.

On the left it was a similar story with Knott starting well but fading with Hussain taking over. On the right McDonald did well when not injured, several players filled in for him when he didn't play.

Up front Kisuka stepped up well but McShea struggled to score and Fitzharris was very disappointing.

Star Player - Compared to the rest of the defence he stood out in spite of his worse attributes

Career so far:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        3rd         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      9th         None
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2013/14   League 2                 15th        None  

Using the demo i noticed you can organise friendly with well known teams and that kind of events could bring some money. This demo game was played in BSN league with solihull moors and i noticed i was losing money overtime even if i respected wages. So in the game you play you cant use that kind of friendly to make money?

I also noticed there is a file that could bring you to start at lower level in english league up to lvl 10. What do you thing about that?

Those sort of friendlies are allowed, but discouraged as they kind of go against the spirit of this challenge.

I can't find it now, but I'm pretty sure there's a separate challenge that includes those new English leagues. :thup:

Bradford historic season! 2011/2012

After my first season in charge of Braford PA, where i didn't get promotion, this year the only thing that countet was promotion. It started out pretty bad and i lost some stupid games. Anyway, around new year i found my self between the top 7, and from there on everything just "clicked". I pretty much won everything in the league but i wasn't able to catch Tamworth who won by six point. So i finished second and had to face Fleetwood in the semi final. I won that game and in the final it was all or nothing against Worcester. I was a bit lucky and won 6-5 after penalties, but i didn't care, i had won promotion.!

League Table

Again this season i didn't really care much about the cup tournaments, and again i was knocked out real quick. Next season i will give it more focus, and hope to make som money that way, since my finances aren't the best out there :)

Before the season i was pretty much hoping to sign a whole new team, but that didn't turn out so good. Since im from Denmark, i offered a lot of danish Freebish a Trial, and signed the best of them including my new first GK Lars Baun. At the other end of the pitch i signed Richard Logan, who turned out to be a really good deal. He scored a lot of important goal through the season.

Transfers

As you can see i signed a lot of players again, and i must say that Logan, Baun, Jared and Santonocito did a really good job, and they will def. stay in the club next season as well :)

Goals for next season:

I know its gonna be very hard to play in another league with better teams, but i must admit that i think i have learned how to play in these small leagues, so my goal will without a doubt be top 10, and i must admit that i think i have the team for promotion again with some luck.

In the cups i will be looking to get some good and hard matches vs. some good teams, so i can try myself and my players at that level.

Season      League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Blue Square North           19th         None
2011/12    Blue Sqaure North           2nd          Promotion(Playoff)

Had a massive stroke of luck in my second season in the BSN last night.

Final game of the season, i'm sitting 6th, one place outside the playoff. AFC Telford and Fleetwood 3 points ahead. I'm at home to Nuneaton who are about 18th, Fleetwood at home to Solihul who are in the playoffs and fighting for automatic promotion, AFC Telford at home to another side who's season is done. I have a goal difference 5 better than Telford but 2 worse than Fleetwood.

Anyway, Half time i'm 0-0, AFC are winning and Fleetwood 1-0 down, so i'm still not in. I score in the 85 minute to secure a 1-0 win. I think i've not done enough. But when I look at the results. Fleetwood lost 3-1 conceeding the 3rd in the 87th minute, to reverse the goal difference (i was well behind on goals scored) and put me in the playoffs in 5th, with Telford in 4th and Fleetwood missing out in 6th.

Congrats Scab!

G. Keenan's FC United- 2027/2028 Season Review- Premier League

Season review: We had a slow start but by the 15th game of the season we hit the top spot and never looked back. At one point we had a 15 point lead but I started playing the youngsters and that cut the lead to 5 points. Our Champions League campaign was a little disappointing, better luck next year.

Cup review:

FA Cup- 6th round loss to Blackburn.

League Cup- Quarter final loss to Man City.

Champions League- First knockout round exit to Real Madrid.

League table

Graph

Squad

Finances

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position    Achievements

2010/11    Blue Square North          5th         None
2011/12    Blue Square North          1st         Promoted, BSN champions
2012/13    Blue Square Premier        7th         None
2013/14    Blue Square Premier        3rd         Promoted, playoffs
2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2         22nd        None
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 2         3rd         Promoted
2016/17    Coca-Cola League 1         16th        None
2017/18    Coca-Cola League 1         1st         Promoted, L1 champions
2018/19    Coca-Cola Championship     15th        None
2019/20    Coca-Cola Championship     5th         None
2020/21    Coca-Cola Championship     6th         Promoted, playoffs
2021/22    Premier League             10th        None
2022/23    Premier League             12th        None
2023/24    Premier League             10th        None
2024/25    Premier League             2nd         None
2025/26    Premier League             2nd         Community Shield winners
2026/27    Premier League             1st         [b]Premier League champions[/b]
2027/28    Premier League             1st         [b]Premier League champions[/b], Community Shield winners

Drewski. Boston United. 2016/2017. League 1

After finishing just outside of the play-offs last season I made it my aim to try and do one better and actually get into the play-offs this time around, but we had other ideas, and finished the season as Champions, for the majority of the season we were in and around the top 4 and by the last 14 games or so we went up another gear and let the chasing pack, confirming promotion with 5 games to spare and the title 1 games later.

Squad - It was pleasing to see my front two score more than 50 goals between them this season, and that we actually had a midfielder contributing with another 12, out keeper, who was on loan from Aston Villa took over from Stech, who was very poor; GK. Armstrong - wow, his presence in goal made a huge difference to the way my defense player, before him we were crap, when he arrived wee played with more authority I would loved to have had him again this season but he has moved to Celtic for £900k; McLaughlin - another superb season from the DL, he was a rock in defense and his set pieces were deadly, it's just a shame that I think that The Championship will be too tough for him, but I'll still use him as a squad player; Turnbull - finally! It's about time I managed to get a midfielder who could contribute a few goals and assists, and that's what he did, I will be looking to him for more of the same next season; O'Brien - my main striker, he had a bit of a dry spell right at the start of the season but the more games he played he started to find his rhythm and finished with 26 league goals, I will look to him again next season; Wallace - was used as a sub for the first half of the season, but once my loan striker Romario's form dipped I brought Wallace back into the fray and he did not disappoint.

Transfers

Finances

Aims for next season:

Stay up, for the love of god, I don't care how, but I hope we stay up.

Farnborough BSP 2011/12

League Table

Graph

Had a surprising season in BSP, I did not expect promotion in my first season, I could not catch Luton and they won the title easily.

Although my defence looks good on paper they tend to leak stupid goals throughout the season.

Thank God for Super Kyle

Kyle Wilson

I did not do well in any of the Cups and did not expect to, as I had started well in the league and all efforts were to make the playoffs.

So I have made L2 and looking forward to a healthy transfer budget after 2 seasons of no budget at all and then I get 14K Transfer budget despite being within my wage budget for 2 seasons and recieving 90K in parachute payments!!!:(

What am I supposed to get with that?

It looks like a struggle in L2 this season and hope I can avoid relegation.

Before I start my story I just want to say well done to the ones already doing this, after being stuck for a choice of challenge reading some of the suberb posts in this thread gave me some motivation to actually see a game through for more than a season without getting bored.

I'll update my story a bit more reguarly in the future so sorry for the longer post this time, but as nothing much happened in season one (which I decided was mainly to consolodate) I thought i'd combine the second season too.

Season 2010/2011

After spending ages trying to get FC United I eventually decided to give in and go for Cambridge.

After reading how many people on here have struggled a bit financially I decided to make money the priority from the off and arranged 5 pre season league tournaments with the biggest clubs possible. Three of the tournaments ended up being shown on TV too which boosted my finances dramatically

I scouted Scotland (mostly Rangers and Celtic like suggested earlier on here) and had a pretty good shortlist drawn up with two definate signings coming in, but no sooner had I reached July then a board takeover stopped me from signing anybody, the transfer embargo carried on right through July leaving me with almost the entire starting squad which to me wasn't good enough, but my hands were tied so I just had to carry on and try and get as many points on the board as possible. Eventually the consortium decided not to go ahead with the deal and I could complete my transfers although a lot of the players listed weren't the initial targets I had before the embargo, so after a bad start where we didn't win in the first 10 games of the season and then had another stutter around Christmas I was quite happy with our eventual finish of 13th place.

Season 2011/2012

I'd already made my mind up early in season 1 that anybody whose contract was up would be allowed to leave at the end of the season which would free wages up to get some decent reserve players which I had been lacking last season. Again I raided the Scottish league for the best released players with my main goals being to get a laft winger who could actually create something and I wasn't disappointed with who popped up Luca Santonocito had been released by Dundee Utd and was a lot more effective on that side of the pitch than the three I'd tried the season before. Other notable additions were Tyrone Thomas and Gordon Dunbar who were the only other players from the summers transfer dealings who forced thier way in to my starting 11.

What really surprised me this season was the sudden rise of two players who i'd brought in last season who massively underachieved.

Michael D'Agostino brought in from Hereford the previous season was disappionting on the right flank, with only 4 goals and 7 assists from 40 games, so I decided to up his attacking and creative freedom a few notches and give him until January before deciding whether to keep him and it was a decision I didn't regret as he tore the league apart with 3 goals and 28 assists in 38 games which benefited last seasons other major flop Jordan Elverson who was another brought in from Dundee Utd. In the previous season he managed 10 goals and 3 assists from 31 games, but coinciding with D'Agostino's emergance and Santonocito's form on the left he became the leagues top scorer with a further 4 goals in the cups from 3 games.

Again it was another slow start to the season for me, not winning in the first 6 games and lying 14 points off fifth place in mid November. I decided to change from a 4-4-2 counter, to 4-4-2 attack and it payed off straight away as I went on a 2 month winning streak and finished the season in to secure a playoff place.

The playoff games themselves seen me play the semi final against Bylth where I salvaged a 3-3 draw at home in the first leg after being 3-0 down at half time and then going to Blyth and holding out for a 1-0 win.

The final itself was a totally different affair where I played Tamworth. Jordan Elverson gave me the lead midway through the first half, picking the ball out wide on the right and cut inside evading a few challenges and finishing superbly at the near post. Santonocito put me 2-0 ahead just after half time, again with Elverson at the heart of it. Then in the final 10 minutes came the goal of the game and one that assured me of promotion. From a Tamworth corner the ball came out to Elverson just inside our half and he just ran through every challenge before unleashing a shot in to the top corner from 25 yards.

Season 5 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Coca-Cola League One - 4th, Play-Off Semi-Finalists (Table)

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Southern Quarter-Final (lost v Swindon)

FA Cup - 1st Round (lost v Rotherham)

League Cup - 1st Round (lost v Oxford)

Transfers

In a word, disappointing. Should have got promoted automatically, we were catching a free-falling Bolton easily, and with 3 games left we were 1 point from overtaking them. We promptly lost all 3 of our remaining games.

No matter, I thought, I'll gee them up for the play-offs. And I did. For the first leg against Norwich, we were great, stopped them playing and won it 1-0 with a header from my academy-produced centre back Simon Davies. The second leg, we didn't get a shot on target and shipped 3 goals. I honestly despair.

Despite the better placing in the league, I actually think we regressed this season. We lost a lot more games, collected fewer points, and generally looked far less convincing. I think this is in part due to the demise of our star striker and record goalscorer, Curtis Stevens, to whom age has not been kind. However, the players who usurped him were all much worse than they should have been, and I think I'll be changing the squad around quite significantly this close season.

That said, there's clearly not much between us and automatic promotion, so that's got to be the aim for next year. Here's hoping for a good summer!

Season    League                Position  Achievements                  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South     1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two  4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2013/14   Coca-Cola League One  6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Coca-Cola League One  4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists

Previous Season Reports:

Season 1 - 2010/11

Season 2 - 2011/12

Season 3 - 2012/13

Season 4 - 2013/14

The adventures of Black Mama - Canvey Island - BSS - 10/11

Due to an unexpected system failure 6 weeks of game time and 9 matches has been lost for good :(

I was doing very bad and sitting 19th after 23 games - I don't want to risk replaying the matches and doing much better the second time. It just wouldn't feel right.

Canvey Island is history for me - and the save interval just got reduced to 1 week. :)

I'll holiday onwards to the next season and see what teams get promoted - maybe Margate :thup:

(Bonus info: The assistant manager managed to take Canvey Island to a respectable 14th - using my tactics of course)

Having a very bad season this time round :( reminds me very much of the season I lost my job in my first go at this year's challenge with Nuneaton... hopefully it doesn't go that way this time.

On the plus side, the league is quite tight so if we get it together we'll be back up the sharp end in no time :)

Archived