dafuge's FM10 challenge

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Coca-Cola League 1 - 2015/16

With a dominant league win last season we were hopeful of a good first season in the new league.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We had a mixed start but then about half way through hit a fantastic run of form which also coincided in a lot of the cup games. We climbed up to an automatic promotion spot in 2nd but then lost it. In the run in to the end of the season we lost to a few of the teams around us and threw away a lot of points, in the end settling for a playoff place.

Playoff semi leg 1- things were not looking good as we were struggling before we weont down to ten men. Then, a very soft penalty was given for a push at a corner. We scored, then sat back and managed to pick them off on the break to take an unlikely 2-0 win back home. The one bad bit of news is that António Silva got injured and will miss the next match and the final should we make it.

Playoff semi leg 2 - very similar to the first match, things were all one way then as they looked for the equaliser we picked them off twice on the counter attack. We meet Oldham in the final, the team that beat us in the playoff final two years ago.

Playoff final - revenge is mine! It very nearly wasn't though as Oldham dashed our hopes on a number of occasions. We started the match brightly, taking the game to Oldham and taking a deserved lead. Oldham then equalised against the run of play and started to control the game. Extra time begun and once again we took control with a goal, but as we hung on for dear life they scored with just a couple of minutes left. Penalties would decide the outcome and as Oldham missed their first it looked in our hands as Matteo Dalmasso had the chance to put us in the Championship, but missed. Sudden death took its toll on Oldham as our goalie made his second save of the shootout, giving Pencho Nikolov the chance to win it for us, which he took.

FA Cup - it was a magical cup run that featured wins over Premier League opposition in Hull and Birmingham. Our run was ended in a thriller against Sheffield United.

Carling Cup - this competition is a waste of time while at our level, the only bonus is a little boost to the finances.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - we made our way easily enough to the final, but lost to promotion rivals Bradford.

Transfers - the addition of a Bulgarian scout has brought a few quality Bulgarians into my team. I would have liked to have kept Mitrovic, but that bid saved my finances which were at £600k in the red at one point.

Squad - we've got enough quality to rotate the squad now but we are still quite weak in defence.

Key Player Profiles:

Craig McShea - once again he was our top scorer, from the AMC position. He was just lethal at breaking into the box late, often running through the gap between the two central defenders.

António Silva - a classy striker who had a decent season after being released by Monaco.

Lukman Haruna - the rock in the midfield, who also provided a decent number of assists from set pieces.

Paris Cowan-Hall - despite a lot of new arrivals, he has held him place in the team with a series of impressive performances.

Shane McDermott - the only player I've ever spent money on (£35k). He's a DM really but I've been using him at DC while Haruna was fit.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists

Next Season

This really was an unexpected promotion, so things are going to be very difficult next season, safety is all I'm after. The squad will definitely need strengthening so hopefully my scouting limitations will be altered so I can look further abroad for cheap talent.

About time too!

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't played my save very much lately due to the new cod and fifa releases but now i am ready to continue.

Atm i am just outside the playoffs in the bsp after 10 games. Finances are getting worse but my plan is to try and get promotion this season and then settle in lge 2 for a while where hopefully match attendances will be much higher.

Congratz dafuge on a good season, very good fa cup run which you went out of with a bang :). Unlucky about the fa trophy though, aslo congratz on the new training and youth facilities, doesnt look like ill be getting any soon with my finances:o

Where have they hidden 'Media Prediction' this year, I thought I'd looked everywhere and not found it? Cheers

It's in the same place as before, the team information page. You might have to scroll down though, it drops off the bottom on my screen.

With eight games to play Nantwich are finally save from relagation, which is good considering we are in freefall at the moment and are being hammered by everyone as my players seem to have given up :(

Rebuilding for next season is going to be fun - I am £1.5K p/w over my wage budget - with just 20 players (plus 13 yth players who I cannot get rid of without giving them money), though my wage budget doesn't really matter as anyone decent I can find wants at least £200 a week appearance fee which is more than my board will let me pay (largly because it will quickly bankrupt us) :(

Season 4 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Coca-Cola League One - 6th, Play-Off Semi-Finalists (Table)

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Southern Semi-Final (lost v Norwich)

FA Cup - 3rd Round (lost v Gillingham)

League Cup - 2nd Round (lost v Peterborough)

Transfers

Another slow start, picking up in the middle, and promised to be another fairytale finish - but my players decided to bottle it and lose the play-off semi-final 6-0 on aggregate :D

It's probably a good thing though as whenever we've come up against Championship teams in the cups they've really schooled us - and I don't fancy a whole season of that just yet. A couple of good transfers and more good development from my academy and I think we should be pushing for an automatic promotion next season.

Slightly worried about the finances - despite making a transfer profit of £300k and being £4k per week under the wage budget, we only made £160k profit across the season. Something to definitely watch out for.

Season    League                Position  Achievements                  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South     1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two  4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2013/14   Coca-Cola League One  6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists

Previous Season Reports:

Season 1 - 2010/11

Season 2 - 2011/12

Season 3 - 2012/13

G. Keenan's FC United- 2025/2026 Season Review- Premier League

Season review: Our season got off to a bang with a 3-1 win over Man Utd in the Community Shield, this good start carried on to an extent (we never dropped below mid-table) but we were a little inconsistent and didn't hit our stride until about midseason. Although we never mounted a true challenge for the title we stuck in the Champions League position for the whole 2nd half of the season and ended up repeating last years position of 2nd.

Cup review:

FA Cup- a disappointing 4th round exit to West Brom.

League Cup- Semi final loss to Aston Villa.

Community Shield- Winners.

Champions League- Semi final loss to Man City.

League Table

Graph

Squad

Finances

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          5th         None
2011/12    Blue Square North          1st         Promoted, BSN champions
2012/13    Blue Square Premier        7th         None
2013/14    Blue Square Premier        3rd         Promoted, playoffs
2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2         22nd        None
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 2         3rd         Promoted
2016/17    Coca-Cola League 1         16th        None
2017/18    Coca-Cola League 1         1st         Promoted, L1 Champions
2018/19    Coca-Cola Championship     15th        None
2019/20    Coca-Cola Championship     5th         None
2020/21    Coca-Cola Championship     6th         Promoted, playoffs
2021/22    Premier League             10th        None
2022/23    Premier League             12th        None
2023/24    Premier League             10th        None
2024/25    Premier League             2nd         None
2025/26    Premier League             2nd         Community Shield winners

I had a similar start to that in League 2, 4 straight losses then one draw.

Good job I didn't quit, I made the playoffs.

Very true - I've just made a decent start to a league season for the first time ever with Merthyr and we've been promoted 3 times out of 4 seasons :) definitely worth persevering

Nantwich_town_125.png

Nantwich Town F.C.

Nantwich Town, Season 1, 2010-11 - Blue Square North

Finished - 15th

League Table Link

Past Positions

Squad

Transfers

The annually, ever shambolic... AI Team of the Year!

-

Season Summary

I plead with you guys not to judge me, I'm not turning lazy. I hate the shambles that is the AI's Team of the Year with a passion, but at the end of this first season, I saw that the XI selected was the same as mine. This admittedly, was very surprising, and I imagine when I alt-tabbed over to notepad, the comparison I made between the two matching XI's can't have been too dis-similar to when lottery winners compare their tickets to the winning numbers on their television screens.

Moving swiftly on to slightly more important issues, this was the first season in my second dafuge's challenge attempt on FM10. I have analyzed my errors, I have learned from my mistakes, I have the MEAN, GREEN, Nantwich Town on my side this time!

The season was never going to be a particularly easy one, I always find that the first seasons never are. Not only do I have to assemble a brand new squad, I have to bring in members of staff in each area. Whilst doing this I have to have a tactic planned out so that the players I bring in suit the way I want to play. Then I have to create that tactic whilst still bringing players in because the season is starting. Then I have to accept that I can't bring anymore players in because the wage budget is over, and none of the crappier players are wanted by any other club. Then I have to create a newer tactic that will suit the players that I have bought in. Then I have to watch the team play the exact opposite to how I had imagined they'd play, and linger around the relegation places for the best part of 10 months. One part of me utterly detests this, but in hindsight, this is what my dafuge's challenge attempts are all about. This is the exact reason that I try and inevitably fail to complete this challenge every single year, and I absolutely love it! :D

P.S -

I'll give you a proper end of season summary at the end of the second season, I promise!

Sutton United - BSP 2011-2012

Another automatic promotion with a record number of points. It does help when you have the meanest defence in the league with a keeper that keeps regular cleansheets.

As for the cups, we managed to get to the second round of the FA Cup and lost to League 1 side Coventry

The FA Trophy saw us beat Barnet on penalties to earn out first visit to Wembley in the final. York took us all the way, but we eventually won in injury time with almost the last kick of the game

The winning margin should have been much higher, but the York keeper was clearly man of the match

The squad was pretty much solid all season and I did a fair amount of rotation, hence the 2 strikers getting more then 20 goals and another 2 getting double figures.

I managed to get a few really good players transferred in, but so far no big money transfers out.

Player of the season Richard Logan was immense for pretty much the whole season. I needed a striker whose fairly good in the air to complement the midgets I've got.

Lescinel Jean-Francois is Sutton's first full international player with Haiti. I am a little disappointed in him, he has a small discipline problem and more importantly he's not managed to turn a single ref into a zombie :(

I have high hopes of Paris Cowan-Hall and he mande a good parntership with Logan upfront.

Last season's top scorer Andy Pugh did fairly well when called upon, but his striker partner last season Matt Bowman struggled and was replaced by Pugh and Cowan-Hall, even though he started the season well.

Marcos Painter is rated as a decent Championship player and did well, but I have the feeling that his lack of pace may be an issue in League 2. I may have to have him defend only so that he doesn't get caught out of position by a pacy winger.

Francisco Duran really should have done much better then he did this season. I was hoping for a couple more goals and a few more assists.

Chris Herd seems to perform well alongside Duran and got British citizenship a few months after I signed him due to his time at Aston Villa.

In other news, I got my first job offer with Barnsley who were relegated from the Champsionship this season.

We have also got a new sponsership deal, the old one was £7.5k a year and the new one is £8k a year. A whole £500 per year extra to spend :rolleyes:

Now for the bad news. The club is in the process of a takeover and I may be replaced by Graham Heathcote. It's already stalled once and now I'm under a transfer embargo :mad:

Aims for next season:

1. Stay employed by Sutton United.

2. Stay in League 2.

3. Get to actually sign some players to replace the deadwood that have been released.

4. Replenish my backroom staff. I've already made a start on that with a better ass man, a new scout or 2, physio and a few new coaches. This may help me make the best of my weakened squad until I get some replacements in.

Career Overview

2010/11    Blue Square South          1st         Promoted as champions
2011/12    Blue Square Premier        1st         Promoted as champions, FA trophy winners

Nantwich Town – League Two 2012/13 – Season 3

So Season Three see's Nantwich Town make their Football League debut and turn pro.

The expectations were to try and avoid relagation, with a wage budget of less than £7K p/w that should be fun, the bookies didn't give us much chance either.

Transfers - Finding quality players who's wage demands I could meet proved rather hard, with pretty much the only players I could sign were players who'd been without a club for a season or more and were pretty desperate, after we'd officialy become a League Two side I could only attract Daniel Nardiello to the club. My squad depth was provided by what few players I could loan in. In January I somewho managed to tempt West Ham youngster George Moncur to the club.

Player sales was basicaly selling anyone I could to raise some funds - with Scottish Defender Adam Hunter disappearing off to Wales for an impressive £200K (Where do they get all that money from?) after I couldn't afford his wage demands.

The parachute payments helped us out as we got £60K for nothing.

So with the need for money I hoped to do well in the Cups to raise some funds and our reputation.

Our Carling Cup debut saw a full house as we took on Championship side Blackburn, and we gave a good fight with Blackburn snatching a late 2-1 victory. Though the fans weren't best pleased with our defeat.

The FA Cup saw us need to late goals to beat Barnet in the first round, in the second round we drew League One Rochdale, were a late Darren Huckerby goal salvaged a draw for Rochdale, in the replay Rochdale proved to strong for us as my defence crumpled and we lost 4-3 - though not sure how my Keeper got a 7.7 rating?

The Paint Trophy went better as we beat League One Stockport and Port Vale, before beating Chesterfield on pens to set up a North Semi Final against struggling Lincoln who promptly hammered us :(

In League Two we got off to a slow start, before finding ourselves in third place with a quarter of the season gone, however our form quickly fell as by the halfway stage we were down in mid-table, in the second half of the season we recovered to reclimb the table but injuries started to take their toll and at the three-quarter stage we ran out of steam and fell into free-fall, though our early season form meant we were safe from relagation and with a couple of games left we recovered some form.

So with one game left the table looked like this - four of use have a chance of the last playoff spot with just two points between.

The Final game of the season saw both Cheltenham and Cambridge lose, meaning if either Oxford or ourselves could win one of us would claim the final playoff spot.

Somehow against all the odds we turned in our performance of the season smashing Burton 5-0 meaning even a draw for Cheltenham wouldn't have been enough, however things weren't to be as Oxford won 2-0 and claimed the playoff spot. Which is good as we would have been hammered in League One.

Final Table and POS Graph.

Squad - Considering what I'm working with 8th place was a mircale.

Scottish U21 Keeper Grant Adam continues as my #1, keeping an impressive 14 clean sheets in the league, though we did conceed 49 goals in the other 27 games he played in.

Phil Ifil continued at right back before injury ruled him out for the second half of the season, providing cover was youth player Richard Mason who covered well. On the left Grant Basey was in fine form before injury ended his season before Christmas, Bulgarian Marko Krushovski proved to be a solid deputy.

The Centre of Defence proved to be a real problem this season as each of my centre backs would disappear in several games, Mansour Assoumani proved to be the most reliable of them, whilst Daniel Ayala showed glimpses of his ability, whilst former Man Utd Youngster Chris Kirk joined us in January and is highly rated by my staff, but I do really need a couple of solid reliable centre-backs.

On the Wings ex-Arsenal youngster Sanchez Watt was brought in and whilst my staff raved out him he was pretty useless, he can run and that is about it, Crewe loanee Ajay Leitch-Smith showed Watts what a winger should do as he was in fine form. On the left wing another high profile signing let me down - Former Liverpool Youngster Vincent Weijl was highly rated but just didn't perform. Luckily my other signing Stephen Brogan stepped up and was deadly on the left.

In the centre of midfield it was all change also, with James Dunee struggling in the defensive role, French midfielder Baptiste Manceau was brought in. Though possibly my best signing was former Man Utd youngster Norwegian Magnus Eikrem who bossed the midfield and was voted Fans Player of the year, providing cover was promising youngster George Moncur who was signed on a free from West Ham.

We had a change upfront aswell as Daniel Nardiello was brought in as a Target Man after he'd been released by Blackpool and he proved to be a quality signing grabbing 17 goals from 23 games it's just a shame he's rather injury prone, playing off Nardiello as a Poacher was James Keatings who grabbed 11 goals from 24 appearances, providing cover for Nardiello was an equally injury prone Lukas Jutkiewicz, whilst Fitzharris covered Keatings.

The League Two Facts show how out matched we are - the top earner earns nearly twice what my entire squad does in a week, whilst my average wage is a third of the leagues - I cannot even field a team of XI players on the average wage.

Whilst the Stats show we gave away 22 goals this season thanks to mistakes.

Finances - not good we only made money due to the sale of Hunter.

Overview Screen and Manager Profile, whilst it looks like I've started to get noticed first I am linked with the Swindon job and then I'm offered the Bristol Rovers job.

Confidence - still Untouchable, though the fans aren't best pleased about me having to sell everyone.

Best XI and Overall XI - still holding up well.

Scouting Knowledge - signing Prosinecki and a French Scout help out.

Whilst the board finally decides to upgrade our facilites.

So the plan for next season is to hopefully strengthen my team and make a push for promotion.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North         1st              Promoted - Champions
2011/12        Blue Square Premier       3rd              Promoted - Play-offs
2012/13        League Two                8th

Well aint that just fantastic!!!!!!!!

Just confirmed a play off spot for my Kings Lynn side in League 2 at the 3rd season of asking, and then CRASH DUMP :eek:

Followed by , unable to load save game :mad:

But hey, whats 7 seasons worth of hard work

Guess i am starting again

Back to the BSN i go, feels like i just got relegated :(

Just i dominate games, and draw.

My strikers are apparently ready for League 2 already yet they can't seem to score in the BSP!

Just always seems to happen, i do good get into a decent position and draw my way down to 11th :(

Scooty_BAFC - Canvey Island - Blue Square Premier - 2012/13

A rather poor season which saw me tearing my hair out a hell of a lot. Tried to bring in as few new faces as possible while keeping a competitive squad in order to try and ease the finances. Clearly it didnt work. I was struggling to compete and not only that, I was still losing money despite being nearly £2K under my budget of £4K. I was in the bottom 4 facing relegation with 7 games to go but managed to win 5 of my last 7 to secure survival. Had to find a few more frees in late Jan/February to help me stay up though. Cup runs were poor aswell. Had a great chance to make the 3rd round of the FA Cup. Was leading Morecambe in injury time but they scored a late equaliser to take me to a replay, which I then lost comfortably. Wouldve faced Oxford City in the 2nd round aswell, which I would have been strong favourites for. Desperately need some money from a cup run.

Blue Square South - 18th

FA Cup - Lost in 1st Round (v Morecambe)

FA Trophy - Lost in 1st Round (v Bromley)

Screenies:

League Table

Position Graph

Finances

Transfers

Manager Profile

Next season I would love to see myself pushing for a playoff spot. Probably a bit optimistic based on this season but most of the squad are out of contract in the summer and I'm just going to let them go and rebuild. Am desperate for a cup run next season too. The finances are shocking. Average attendance of over 500 would be nice.

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSS                 14th
2011/12       BSS                 2nd                      Promoted via Playoffs    
2012/13       BSP                 18th                   

Billericay 2015-2016

A long season but surprising success after being promoted to CCL2 I was expecting a relegation battle but early form saw us well embedded in the top half of the table. A good run at the end of the season saw me just grab a playoff spot. Semi against Bradford who I hadn't failed to beat previously and goals galore saw me through to the playoff final 7-5 on aggregate.

Accrington for the final was tough I'd drawn both times I'd played them before and switched to a counter-attacking tactic for the final which paid off with a great 2-0 win. So rather than fighting to survive I gained promotion.

League Table

Positions

Finances really got better this season with a healthy profit (unlike last season which had heavy losses). Hopefully the board will give me some funds to get some players for CCL1 as I doubt I can expect similar progress without some serious player replacements.

Finances

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12       BSS                 12th     
2012/13       BSS                 5th                       Promoted via Playoffs                
2013/14       BSP                 6th
2014/15       BSP                 1st                       Champions
2015/16       CC2                 7th                       Promoted via Playoffs

Carshalton - BSP 2011/12

So in my second season I managed to get 2nd in the BSP which I was extremely happy about as the media predicted I would come 23rd. I was sitting in 1st with the last game of the season to be played, me and Wrexham were on the same points but I had much better goal difference, they won their last game and I lost mine.

League Table

Graph

Playoff semi final 1st leg

Playoff semi final 2nd leg

Playoff final

I had a decent run in the FA Cup beating Northampton in the 2nd round but losing to Carlisle in the 3rd round. However I had a terrible FA Trophy campaign, getting beat in the 1st round by Wimbledon.

FA Cup

FA Trophy

I made a few transfers this season but got rid of way more player than I braught in and made a lot less transfers than last season.

Transfers

Best Players

Daniel Ayala was brilliant in the centre of defence.

Matt Spring was a brilliant player at MC with some very important goals.

In a season where i often rotated my strikers Sean Ekon stuck out as the best of a brilliant bunch.

Because of the decent cup run and the brilliant attendance at Wembley for the play off final my finances are amazing for a club of my size.

Finances

Goals for 2012/2013

I think my main goal for next season is to win promotion to League 2. Also hope to get a decent cup run.

Just won promotion with Boston Utd from the Blue Square North. Finished first with a game to go. Gonna play that and then upload a season summary.

Yeah that's gonna take a while to post. Play on a comp different to this and had to stop playing before the playoffs finished so I could post everything proper.

Kenwyne - 2010/11 - Oxford City - BSN

My Wealdstone game crashed before it began really, so went with Oxford City. Profile.

Started slowly, hovered around mid table until February, then switched to a narrow midfield diamond and went on a seven game winning streak, where I didn't concede a goal. This form carried through to the end of the season where I finished 3rd. An indifferent first half of the season cost me the title.

Transfers

Table

Playoff semi leg 1

Playoff semi leg 2

Playoff final

Completely dictated the final, but they scored with pretty much the only two attacks they had, while my players just kept shooting from distance (and hit the post/bar three times).

Key players

James Clarke - Mr Consistent at right back. Had the highest average rating in the division.

Jermaine McSporran - Aging and hopeless physically, but got away with it playing just behind the strikers. Injured for the playoffs which was costly.

Bradley Thomas - Signed from St Albans, a mainstay in the centre of defence and a danger at set pieces.

Tim Kiely - Went through a couple of dry spells, but did enough to be top scorer.

Honours

MOTM February

MOTM March

Clarke POTM February

Clean sheet record

Anything less than promotion next season will obviously be an underachievement. Will probably try to strengthen a couple of areas but my squad should be strong enough as it is.

Second season done with Cambridge City!

well the second season went much better than the previous one, this season my defense was solid as a rock. And because of that we can now call us champions of Blue Square North - Sweet ! :D

In the cups, there is not much to write home about.. In the FA trophy we lost to Carlshalton 0-1 home, and in the FA cup we lost in the 4th round Qual. to Histon after playing 1-1 home and lost 1-3 away. But the cups was never a goal, so its was okay.

League table:

Tranfers:

Confidence:

Only one thing is "bad" that is my finances. My balance is "red" and I hope it will change now when we got promoted to blue square premier.

Finances:

Career Overview:

2010/11    Blue Square South          16th         None
2011/12    Blue Square North           1th.        Champions of Blue Square North.

Bloody hell! We have our monthly expenses in the black, finished second, pleased with my signings and my wage budget control and yet my job status is insecure because we need to perform "better" in the BSN.

I've finished 2nd and lost the play offs btw :|

just took over Kendal Town.. anyone else Kendal .. tips?

Yes just me!

Keep Walmsley! Make sure he takes your freekicks and train him to shoot them with power.

He scores an average of 6 free kicks a season for me, and has an average rating of over 7.00 in each of my 3 seasons so far. Good right back for the BSN, and although i have better for the BSP he has won my heart and a few games for us!

Other than that, the wage bill is crap and i have never had any money to spend, so try your best to find good free transfers!

20 games into my second season, sitting 15th

20 games..... 20 goals scored.... 20 goals conceded.... 26 points on the board

Still only 7 points from the play offs but Southport are running away with 44 points already

Southport blitzed the BSN in my first season, they won it with about 6 games to spare.

Yes just me!

Keep Walmsley! Make sure he takes your freekicks and train him to shoot them with power.

He scores an average of 6 free kicks a season for me, and has an average rating of over 7.00 in each of my 3 seasons so far. Good right back for the BSN, and although i have better for the BSP he has won my heart and a few games for us!

Other than that, the wage bill is crap and i have never had any money to spend, so try your best to find good free transfers!

Well there's me too =) Here's my manager profile!

Have only played half a season and lying in mid-table. Don't think I can offer much tips! The players who are willing to come are pretty crap in my opinion. Haha.

Archived