dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nantwich Town - Blue Square Premier League - Season 2012/13

Blue Square Premier League Table

Had a great start to the season, lost the first game and then went on a huge unbeaten run, lasting up until Christmas, our form dipped a little and we started loosing easy games as well as drawing them. The final third of the season was dissapointing, Cambridge slipped up on several occassions but each time we managed a draw and never got close to them. Fortunately after loosing the first leg of the playoffs we managed to win 3-0 at home and go through to the final in which we dominated the game and managed a 1-0 scoreline ;p.

Nantwich Town's 11/12 Mid-Table Squad

My full squad never got it's chance to shine, only in the first 10 games could I field a full strength side, however the depth of my squad and brilliance of my defence got us through several 1-0 wins.

2011/12 Transfers In/Out

Not as many signings as last season, I think this had a big impact on our playing ability with less people having to settle in and get used to the tactics

2011/12 Finances

The board was taken over midseason which bought us just above red and getting to the 4th round of the FA cup gave me huge amounts of money, the board even gave me 100K to spend, although I'm not going to touch it.

Nantwich Towns 2013/14 Season Ambitions

I want a top half finnish, rebuild my squad and aim for the following season

End of Season Manager Profile

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSN                 3rd                       Play-off Winners
2011/12       BSP                 12th                                                
2012/13       BSP                 2nd                       Play-off Winners

Gypsum's King's Lynn - End of season update - 2014/15

Championship table - Graph - 5th place (Playoff winners)

Playoff semi-final 1st leg Home v Swansea (2-1)

Playoff semi-final 2nd leg Away v Swansea (2-2, 4-3 agg)

Playoff final v Peterborough (1-0)

Squad info;

General squad info

Transfers

Key Players;

Craig Rodger -ST- Another amazing season from Rodger. This season saw him take his career total to 149 league goals in 225 appearances with a 7.34 rating in 5 seasons with us.

Nile Ranger -ST- Signed on a free at the beginning of the season. Formed an excellent strike partnership with Rodger for his 26 goals and 14 assists.

Ross Wallace -AML- Had a slow start to the season, but by the end his assists from the left wing were invaluable.

Ignasi Miquel -DC- One of our most consistent performers all season. His ability in the air made him dominant in some games. Our Playoff winning goal even started with a headed interception from Miquel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSN                 2nd                      Playoff winners
2011/12       BSP                 2nd                      Playoff winners
2012/13       L2                  3rd                      Automatic promotion
2013/14       L1                  1st
2014/15       CCC                 5th                      Playoff winners 

An amazing season. Never expected us to do so well throughout the season with such a small squad an no youth players to speak of, let alone pull off the results in the playoffs. The problem is, I can't see how we have any hope against Premiership opposition. The board magically found £3m of transfer funds after promotion was secured and my scouts have done a good job finding some good young talent throughout Europe. But our current squad needs a total overhaul. In particular, we need to massively upgrade our defence to stand a hope of surviving, as I was using the same back four this season we had in League 1! After such a rapid rise, survival would be a miracle.

G. Keenan's FC United- 2019/2020 Season Review- Coca-Cola Championship

Season review: My trend up to this point has been; first season getting acclimated to the league, second season promotion. It looked like this trend would carry on this year as I managed to reach the playoffs after sitting around the top half of the league all year but unfortunately I couldn't make it past Bolton in the playoff semi's. Star strikers Paulo Monteiro and Paul Hammond led the line brilliantly with a combined 47 league goals.

League Table

Graph

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          5th         None
2011/12    Blue Square North          1st         Promoted, BSN champions
2012/13    Blue Square Premier        7th         None
2013/14    Blue Square Premier        3rd         Promoted, playoffs
2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2         22nd        None
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 2         3rd         Promoted
2016/17    Coca-Cola League 1         16th        None
2017/18    Coca-Cola League 1         1st         Promoted, L1 Champions
2018/19    Coca-Cola Championship     15th        None
2019/20    Coca-Cola Championship     5th         None

2014/15 - Tonbridge Angels - Blue Square Premier

After last years 'success' shall we say after our secure mid-table in our first season in the BSP; sadly, it was not be as we endured a torrid season and ended up in the bottom half.

League Position: 16th

Position Graph

As you can see, we yo-yo'd between the mid-table positions until we eventually settled for 16th, a disappointing season to follow on our better previous one.

FA Cup

Lost respectably in the first round to Oldham and this was before our good form dipped awfully.

I would post the FA Trophy but it was so embarrassing, I'd rather not. A 6-1 thrashing by Northwich was our result sadly.

Key Player Profiles

Michal Dolinajec

Captain Michal was given less playing time and his season was less eventful this year... Nonetheless, when he played, he performed. 13 assists in the amount of games he played was great.

Ryan Mason

The summer signing, our second from the GH Academy, was a fine acquisition. 14 goals and 13 assists meant he replaced Dolinajec as our resident AMC, and rightly so.

Radoslav Vasilev

He was our goalscorer this season as no injuries pestered him. Should we have been better in the league, he could've grabbed more than the 33 goals he did, breaking all records in the process.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square South          16th         -
2011/12    Blue Square South          13th         -
2012/13    Blue Square South           3rd         Promotion
2013/14    Blue Square Premier         9th         -
2014/15    Blue Square Premier        16th         -

A honourable shout out to our awful finances.

GreyedOutMan, I'm guessing it's perhaps something to do with your tactics. I would suggest

Philosophy - Rigid

Starting Strategy - Standard

Passing Style - More Direct

Creative Freedom - More Disciplined

Closing Down - Press More

Tacking - Default

Marking - Default

Crossing - Default

Roaming - Stick to Position

Those will possibly help you be a bit more solid. Your players are idiots at the moment, don't give them very much freedom at all.

As for the players, it's really hard to tell without seeing them. But I would roughly go for,

Position - Role - Duty

GK - Goalkeeper - Defend

DR - Full Back - Defend

DL - Full Back - Defend

DC - Central Defender - Defend

MR - See Below *

ML - See Below *

MC - Ball Winning Midfielder - Defend

MC - Ball Winning Midfielder - Support

ST - Poacher

ST - Target Man or Advanced Striker

First thing's first, I put my Full Backs on Man Marking, I found them drifting in far too often, and the opposition wingers cutting inside and getting a 1-on-1 opportunity.

As far as your MR and ML are concerned, take a look at what they are good at. The tactics highlights attributes that are important to the job you are giving. If your MR/L is slow, don't set them as a Winger. Play with the Sliders a bit, but remember that the pre-sets are just guidelines. If you personalise them too much, your instructions wont mirror the pre-set.

I, for instance, had a very slow (Pace 3, Acceleration 2) ML. So, I put him as a Defensive Winger. But as his Crossing was 17, and his Long Shots 18. I put those sliders at maximum. Have slow wingers crossing from deep, and fast ones from the byline. If you have a strong, aerial Striker, set him as a target man. But remember to adjust the slider for Long Shots if he is crap at them (most likely).

I'd have 2 CM's that are Ball Winners. The one on Defend Duty will hold deeper and the one on Support Duty will try and win the ball earlier. Look for Robbie Crawford as a Support CM.

Try and get a parent club if you haven't got one. You can sometimes get decent players on loan who can help you out early on.

Remember, Away from Home, you are going to have less possession. So try playing "Defensive" or "Counter Attacking". Although, the latter invites pressure onto yourself.

That's as much as I can think off the top of my head. Do yell if you have any other questions.

G. Keenan's FC United- 2020/2021 Season Review- Coca-Cola Championship

Season review: My third season in the Championship and I was expecting big things, but it didn't quite start as expected. If you take a look at the league graph you will see that we were near the bottom after the first couple of games and it wasn't until about midseason that we manged to climb into the playoff positions. We bounced arounced there for a while before finally setting into 6th position, and with it, the final playoff spot. In the playoff semi's we drew Portsmouth and won 4-2 on aggregate. In the final we drew Wigan and won a dramatic 5-4 game sealing our place in the Premiership.

League Table

Graph

Squad

Finances

Career Overview

2010/11    Blue Square North          5th         None
2011/12    Blue Square North          1st         Promoted, BSN champions
2012/13    Blue Square Premier        7th         None
2013/14    Blue Square Premier        3rd         Promoted, playoffs
2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2         22nd        None
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 2         3rd         Promoted
2016/17    Coca-Cola League 1         16th        None
2017/18    Coca-Cola League 1         1st         Promoted, L1 Champions
2018/19    Coca-Cola Championship     15th        None
2019/20    Coca-Cola Championship     5th         None
2020/21    Coca-Cola Championship     6th         Promoted, playoffs

Oh and no new stadium for me, just a 750 seat expansion. I have a lot of weak spots that need filling on my team and I'm assuming that my £22m transfer budget isn't going to stretch very far.

GL. I think you can spread it pretty far if you get some good young players and hope to hang on for the first year or two and let them develop :)

Season 2011/12 Review - Guiseley in the Blue Square Premier - CHAMPIONS

League Table

Past Positions

Finances

We started of where we left of last season. With the 4-3-3 tactic and with some, eh a lot, new players. They blended in inmidiately and did wonders. The games where we scored in the first minutes always ended up with a high scoring game like 4-0, 4-1, 5-0, etc,... Cambridge was almost the whole season on top and must feel terrible since the lost in the playoffs to gain promotion.

FA Cup | FA Trophy

This season we had a great cup run, the high bonuses must helped here. The FA Cup started of not great with a close win over amateurs Farsley (3-3 and 3-1). Blyth was our next oponent drawing again 0-0 and at home winning again close 2-1. The end of the FA Cup was close when we drawed Crystal Palace (L1) in the 2nd Rnd, we managed to win 1-0! No parking the bus mentality but an overload attack. 3th Rnd we saw Macclesfield (L2) coming our way. We played great and won 3-0, meaning we made it to round 4! We draw Liverpool, at home :(, played ok but the 2nd half we were just like AZ against Arsenal. At the end of the 90 minutes the score was 1-3.

The FA Trophy was great this year since we won it (final vs Kettering)! OLE! Well What ever may happen in the future, I am in the history of Guiseley! Winning this Cup and the League brought me also in the favourite people list of the club.

Squad

Transfers

Trials

Osman Balkaya started in the starting line-up but lost it halfway against Duran and Tutte. Every signing I did this season was great except for Davide Enrico Somma. Who is leaving my next season already for sure. Harsanyi, Archibald-Henville, Peterlin, Brouwer and Hansen were instant key players. Thanks to these guys we managed to became champions. And there is really no need of big signings next season. Going to have a look for an other, better, keeper, a central defender and an attacker.

Kyle Wilson didnt succeed to do as good as last season so will be released after his contract expires. Sorry Kyle ;)

Aim for next season: Midtable. But I hope to finish higher since we have got the players for it.

Season     Team           League               Finished  Achievements
2010/11    Guiseley    Blue Square South    	5th       Promoted
2011/12    Guiseley    Blue Square Premier    	1st       Promoted, BSP Champions, FA Trophy winners

I haven't really been updating, but I just got promoted from League One as champions. Have 2 players I'd highly highly recommend anyone in that league pick up: Ablai Balde & Ivan Bolado, both notched 40+ goals last season. I also picked up Pavel Londak and he was fantastic between the sticks. They may not be interested but just offer them a contract anyway, they may come :)

Season 3 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Coca-Cola League Two - 4th, Play-Off Winners (Table)

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Southern 1st Round (lost v Exeter)

FA Cup - 1st Round (lost v Wycombe)

League Cup - 1st Round (lost v Coventry)

Transfers

After a very slow start - as epitomized by bombing out of every cup in the first round - we recovered to put on a great push for promotion, only missing out by one point in the end. In the play-offs we blasted past Rushden 4-2, before coming up against Notts County in the final.

The final was an absolute epic, we took the lead early on only for 3 County goals to put us firmly on the back foot. I gave the players a rollicking at half time, as well as tweaking the tactics and former Arsenal trainee Gilles Sunu scored twice to take it to extra time.

After a relatively uneventful period of extra time, barring a few ambitious attempts from the County midfield, it was down to a shoot-out. On-loan midfielder Tang Ho Yin, who had had a great season for us, missed the first kick, but after that we registered every time, and keeper David Pritchard made a hero of himself, saving one County penalty to take it to sudden death, and then another to win it!

The squad will need a lot of improvement to compete in League One - I still have 6 of the original squad I inherited in the first team - and (although I said this last time) I really do not see a fourth successive promotion happening. In fact, I'm quite worried about being relegated this time around!

Season    League                Position  Achievements                  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South     1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two  4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted

Previous Season Reports:

Season 1 - 2010/11

Season 2 - 2011/12

Just started up with Nuneaton, if anyones managed to somehow get a Leamington game please link the save!

11-11-2009, 06:33 G. Keenan's FC United- 2018/2019 Season Review- Coca-Cola Championship

11-11-2009, 19:55 G. Keenan's FC United- 2019/2020 Season Review- Coca-Cola Championship

12-11-2009, 04:26 G. Keenan's FC United- 2020/2021 Season Review- Coca-Cola Championship

^^ You need to sleep and take the game off fastest I think ;)

GreyedOutMan, I'm guessing it's perhaps something to do with your tactics. I would suggest

Philosophy - Rigid

Starting Strategy - Standard

Passing Style - More Direct

Creative Freedom - More Disciplined

Closing Down - Press More

Tacking - Default

Marking - Default

Crossing - Default

Roaming - Stick to Position

Those will possibly help you be a bit more solid. Your players are idiots at the moment, don't give them very much freedom at all.

As for the players, it's really hard to tell without seeing them. But I would roughly go for,

Position - Role - Duty

GK - Goalkeeper - Defend

DR - Full Back - Defend

DL - Full Back - Defend

MR - See Below *

ML - See Below *

MC - Ball Winning Midfielder - Defend

MC - Ball Winning Midfielder - Support

ST - Poacher

ST - Target Man or Advanced Striker

First thing's first, I put my Full Backs on Man Marking, I found them drifting in far too often, and the opposition wingers cutting inside and getting a 1-on-1 opportunity.

As far as your MR and ML are concerned, take a look at what they are good at. The tactics highlights attributes that are important to the job you are giving. If your MR/L is slow, don't set them as a Winger. Play with the Sliders a bit, but remember that the pre-sets are just guidelines. If you personalise them too much, your instructions wont mirror the pre-set.

I, for instance, had a very slow (Pace 3, Acceleration 2) ML. So, I put him as a Defensive Winger. But as his Crossing was 17, and his Long Shots 18. I put those sliders at maximum. Have slow wingers crossing from deep, and fast ones from the byline. If you have a strong, aerial Striker, set him as a target man. But remember to adjust the slider for Long Shots if he is crap at them (most likely).

I'd have 2 CM's that are Ball Winners. The one on Defend Duty will hold deeper and the one on Support Duty will try and win the ball earlier. Look for Robbie Crawford as a Support CM.

Try and get a parent club if you haven't got one. You can sometimes get decent players on loan who can help you out early on.

Remember, Away from Home, you are going to have less possession. So try playing "Defensive" or "Counter Attacking". Although, the latter invites pressure onto yourself.

That's as much as I can think off the top of my head. Do yell if you have any other questions.

Thanks for this. I dont know, this game seems a lot tougher when Cesc Fabregas isnt in your team!!!

his physical attributes look a bit weak, how do they compare to other players?

to be fair a lot of players don't have the same great physical attributes as FM09.

Also is that wage quite high or average for prem players

Huh? If your first reaction to that profile is "his physical attributes look a bit weak" I'm scared to ask what sort of players you're expecting to see. ^^;

His wage is enormous, way above prem average.

Huh? If your first reaction to that profile is "his physical attributes look a bit weak" I'm scared to ask what sort of players you're expecting to see. ^^;

Wow he's amazing. Just 1 or 2 points more in Stamina to go with that workrate and tackling!

Scooty_BAFC - Canvey Island - Blue Square South - 2011/12

Just finished my second season, had a good start, a fairly disappointing middle but a good finish to propel me into a playoff spot. And the momentum helped me win the playoffs! I'm in the BSP!!! Good job too because any more of this level and the finances would be looking seriously awful. Despite being under budget all season, and having a successful season, I find myself over £100K in the red. I unfortunately didnt enjoy a cup run to speak of so that didn't help. I'm usually good at the financial side, seems a struggle so far on FM10 though. Hopefully it improves a level up. (Please say it does..)

Blue Square South - 2nd (Promoted via Playoffs!)

FA Cup - Lost in 4th Qualifying Round (v Ebbsfleet)

FA Trophy - Lost in 2nd Round (v Tamworth)

Screenies:

League Table

Playoff Final (Thats one way to do it :) )

Position Graph

Finances

Next season I just want to survive. Will be looking to spend well under the wage budget to try and sort the finances out so can't expect to challenge for back to back promotions. Anything above 21st will do me.

2010/11       BSS                 14th
2011/12       BSS                 2nd                      Promoted via Playoffs                       

I think i've found a bit of an issue with the game. In the Premiership I have a stadium with an 8200 capacity, but only 1200 seats. And as I assume the Premiership has a rule where you can only have seated fans, my maximum attendance is only 1200! I know in previous versions you'd generally have more seats added to replace the terracing, but as it has already been announced we are building a new stadium I suppose we're not going to get another upgrade. And we don't get a new stadium for another 2 years!

Oh well, we'll probably get relegated this season anyway!

I think i've found a bit of an issue with the game. In the Premiership I have a stadium with an 8200 capacity, but only 1200 seats. And as I assume the Premiership has a rule where you can only have seated fans, my maximum attendance is only 1200! I know in previous versions you'd generally have more seats added to replace the terracing, but as it has already been announced we are building a new stadium I suppose we're not going to get another upgrade. And we don't get a new stadium for another 2 years!

Oh well, we'll probably get relegated this season anyway!

:eek: would not like to be you. That is bad planning by the board. good luck on staying up i think you either will have to sacrifice some players and hope you stay up or just be prepared to make a huge loss financially

Last year several people in the fm09 dafuge challenge had regens with technical attributes as good and with physical attributes of 16-20. Most of my players last year in the prem has strength and stamina of 16-20 although weren't quite as technically good.

I would just think his physical attributes would be more in line with his technical ones for an ai controlled regen. He just looks like might struggle to last the pace in premiership games.

Seems to be doing fine :)

I'd frankly be a bit disappointed if a player with a Stamina of 14 would have problems lasting a game, but I see what you're saying in comparison to the mental/technical attributes.

i have several players who have 12-13 in strength and stamina in the BSP but they still seem to drop a lot by the end of games, so 14 is not much more

Archived