• Last Reply

Sutton Utd BSS 2010/11

Competitions:

Fa Cup: lost in 1st round to bristol rovers 2-1

Fa Trophy: lost in 3rd round to grays 1-0

League: 2nd place beta carshalton in playoff final 2-0

League,

Transfers, Squad

We started off pretty slow and after 10 games we sat midtable, this may have been down to the amount of signings there had been in the summer because my team started to gel and that showed especially in the 2nd half of the season as we maintained a 23 match unbeaten run (26 if you include the playoffs). This was a pretty incredible achievement considering a had 3 of my best 4 strikers injured for the rest of the season (fitchett, fitzharris and gargan) (although fitchett came back in time for playoffs). Despite this run we gave ourselves to much to do after a poor start so in the end salisbury ran away with the league but we came in a comfortable 2nd.

Playoff semi final 1, Playoff Semi Final 2

The work was done in the 1st half of the 1st leg and we just relaxed and eased to victory after that

Playoff Final

We were the better team throughout the final and finally got the deserved goals late in the 2nd half of extra time.:D

Up the U's

:D

My best player was ruychev he was consistent but not necessarily eye catching, like michael essien for chelsea, he spent most of the season as a defensive midfielder and occasionly stepped up to central midfield if need be.

Cups:

Fa cup was alrite we beat the lower league opposition without too much fuss but not exactly spectacularly. We eventually went out to a far superior bristol rovers side who in all honesty should have beaten us by a bigger margin

Fa trophy was much better we pulled off some good results but again 1st sign of higher leayge opposition and we crumbled, doesnt give me a whole lot of confidence going into the bsp

Finances - the 1 bad aspect of my debut season was the amount of money we lost, altho this seems to be a common theme so im not too worried.

Career so far:

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        2nd         Promoted via playoffs

Marine - 2010/2011 - BSN

7 games in, and still yet to concede a goal. Yet scoring only 8. So, in the media I decide to big up my defence. The journalist asks me who I consider to be my star Defender.

So, of course, I want to pick my Captain and rock, Michael Jackson (who I linked earlier in the thread).

Problem is, I also have a Right Back called Michael Jackson, with no way to tell between to two!

:(

Try using a nickname. Just nickname one of them Michal Jackson or something

Drewski. Boston United. 2011/2012

After establishing ourselves last season and narrowly missing out on a play-off place, I thought that with a few signings here and there and we would be able to at least get into the play-off positions, but we managed to do one better, we romped to the title, from the first whistle we were in 1st place, this was easily my easiest season in FM; as you can tell from the graph we were in pole position from the first game, and after that we never looked back and we secured the title with four games to go.

Squad - Not bad, solid defence, creative midfield, and our front two managed to score over 40 goals between them, the majority of the players were decent in this division, but I feel that I will have to replace most of them during the summer to make room for some quality, Brook was my main goalie, a £1k summer signing from Wales, he was much better than my other goalie but I think that the BSP may be too much of a step up for him so I will try and get a replacement next season, but that did not stop him from getting the majority of the plaudits this season though; Farrell, wow, for a free transfer he definitely gets the award for signing of the season from me, a fantastic average and a huge 11 man of the match awards, if we are to survive next season we will need to get someone to partner him in terms of quality; Jamie Guy, I have been after this player for quite a while before I got him, he may not have reached the 20 goal mark this season but overall I was very pleased with how well he played with Wilson, with the step up to the BSP next season I think I will have to mainly use him as a impact player and try and get two more ST's in to replace him; Super Kyle Wilson, fantastic season from everyone's favourite player, I had to break the wage structure to get him here last season and I'm glad I did, even if he wasn't in the goals he still made a presence amongst the oppo. It's just a shame that I will have to let him go next season, with the increase in wages next season due to promotion I cannot afford to pay him £1k a week, I could get two strikers in for half that amount.

Transfers - half decent players came in, carp players went out.

Finances - well lets put it this way, hopefully we'll get more revenue next season to put us into the black, if that doesn't work, then I'll sell a few players.

Aims for next season:

Survive.

Buy some quality.

Make some money.

Just started mine and i can't even get an assistant manager! They want £600-750 a week and board will only give me £350 a week :/

Hoping for a nice cup run for some money.

Got off to a terrible start, lost my first game 1-0 and the goal was offside. Lost second game 2-1 with a last minute goal that was also offside!

Both games were away from home so not too bothered but gonna need to turn my home ground into a fortess, heh.

Loving it!

Started my second season very well, and after 6 games i am 3rd in the league. Not bad, considering i am favourites for relegation!

Come on Kendal Town.

Got some cracking players in too.

Will let you all know when the season is done.

At this rate it could well be tomorrow!

Alrighties, I'm in as FC United manager. (Had to, thanks for the save btw!)

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8118/fcunited.jpg

I'm actually totally new to LLM. I've had one or two 6 month saves where I got ****ed off before, but hopefully this time, it should be fun! The first obvious problem is that I haven't got a clue as to which player is actually good and who is ****.

Also, I've never managed wage budgets to this extent, so I've got no idea if 300p/w assman at a BSN club is a good idea or not. Will be a long hard walk to the top! It'll be fun though :D

Mid-season update

Just lost my first game in 16 games (my first home defeat of the season) against Stevenage in the FA Trophy 3rd round. We're going well in the league, 2nd after 26 games, and did alright in the FA Cup, losing to a 1st round replay away to Yeovil. As expected, Super Kyle and Gareth Evans have struck up an excellent partnership, scoring 35 goals between them in around 30 games, and although Pavol Suhaj has been in decent form (8 in 17), he finds himself regularly on the bench.

Searched through the forums and the online manual without finding an answer to this. So I'm gonna ask here :)

Sometimes the game ask if you want to skip the confirmation step when doing something like free transferring players or offering trial to a player. It's a great addition to FM10 but I wonder if it is possible to change this back again? I can't really find it anywhere.

Searched through the forums and the online manual without finding an answer to this. So I'm gonna ask here :)

Sometimes the game ask if you want to skip the confirmation step when doing something like free transferring players or offering trial to a player. It's a great addition to FM10 but I wonder if it is possible to change this back again? I can't really find it anywhere.

Preferences - reset disabled messages

About to play the most important game of the season between me (2nd) and Barrow (1st). A win for Barrow would extend their lead to 7 points, and would effectively resort me to the play-offs for promotion, with 12 games to go. A win for me would narrow the gap to just 1 point though. I've got home advantage, so hopefully can get a result.

Damn, lost 2-0. One of their goals was offside, and we had one wrongfully ruled out as well :( And I get warned by the FA for saying I thought it should have stood.

Guiseley season 1 (09/10)- media prediction 20th- position 8th

So we dived into the deep end, i didn't know how easy/difficult this type of challenge is i set the board to target to avoid relegation, we met this aim quite easily in the end, we improved over the season positioned low mid table at christmas but improvements led to the final finish of 8th and a change to a more attacking tactic.

League Table

A pleasing finish although i was slightly disappointed with the amount of draws i will look for a better amc for the in the hole position to hopefully be a match winner next season.

I would have hoped to lasted longer in both the Fa cup and the Fa Trophy. Unfortunately this didn't happen mainly to form/red cards/and quality. Hopefully next season i will make the FA cup proper and do well in the trophy too.

Transfers Lots of free players signed as well as many outgoing i saved most of budget for wage room although we still made a considerable loss.

Here is the squad:

Squad 1

Squad 2

Squad 3

As you can see mason and mclean made a big difference when they joined and my 3 highest value players are u21.

The assistant reports are good although this is with the avoid relegation target.

Key Players:

Mason As you see he does well despite 1 finishing :S.

Briggs Versatile player both at cm or rb

Lee My 2.5k signing did quite well as should be useful next season

Mclean Done very well since him joining me in january- hoping he can lead me to promotion next season

Awards/stats:

Manager of the month

Player of the month

Player stats

Team Stats

Finances:

Finances not too good but i feel with some good cup runs and sales we will be alright.

Next Season: I hope to achieve promotion and make profit, a few quality signings will be required for this so i hope the board is generous :D

Thanks for reading- apologies if the links are broken/done in the wrong way.

It really depends on the opponent. I almost always use 4-4-2 and then either attacking, control or standard.
Very very standard. I don't think I've changed any of those yet. The only one I tinker with is counter attack.

Ok, so I should just leave everything as default and I should do alright?

When star-striker Gareth Evans got injured for 2 months, it felt like our season was going from bad to worse, as consecutive defeats to Barrow and Droylsden effectively prevented us from grabbing automatic promotion.

Immediately I searched the lands for a decent striker to fill Evans' shoes (at least for the time being), and partner Super Kyle up-front. I came across a 17 year old sitting in Leyton Orient's reserve team called Ron Franks, and quickly put in a 3-month loan bid. The next day, he signed, ready for our tricky away encounter to Altrincham. I wasn't expecting much, but I put him up front with Wilson, and started the match.

What followed must go down as one of the greatest debuts ever, especially for a 17-year old.

Update

Billericay Town

2013-14

Was very pleased with first season in BSP, managed top half of table most of the season and whilst some of my players were really not up to scratch we got enough results to give a good showing to the season, given I was odds on for relegation. Failed to get to play-offs but very happy with results.

League Table

Position shows consistancy.

2014-15

I lost my Assman as he wanted to manage Tooting (like some here) and struggled to find a replacement which may have been a good thing in some ways, couldn't rely on suggestions as much. Wow, getting some new players in pre-season and more tactical tweaks made a huge difference, we were awesome in the league although cup matches weren't so good.

Followed Aldershot for most of the season who I never thought we'd catch but we did and won the league, but not by much, was down to the last match!

League Table

Position

Poor Aldershot I feel sorry for them, they have been near top consistently but not go promotion, oh well :)

Onwards and upwards to what will be a tough season in L2. My replacement Assman was pants and will be sacked (well not renewed) and other staffers may need updating to cope. I'm confident in probably half my first team but will be hitting the transfer market (well freebies) big time.

Archived