dafuge's FM10 challenge

Bah! Chairman just over ruled me, very good CB was just robed for 2.8mil by New Castle...

On the plus side its not some crazy 20 month deal, get all the cash inside 6 months.

nice one.

im 2 weeks away from the start of season in the BSP.

trying to rebuild my squad asap. its very hard trying to account for both pace AND ability =/

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Late Feb, I am in a playoff spot after a good string of games at home, doubt it last though, been 16th-8th most of the season.

Would prefer one more season in Championship for building up a squad, then advance why a new stadium gets built...but that might be wishful thinking, but I will not be going back down this season I think.

Season 2017/18 Review - Kingstonian in the Coca-Cola League 1

League Table

Past Positions

Promoted! MK Dons ran away with the league and we were frankly never very close to catching them once they got going, but the past positions graph tells more or less the whole story of our season; rock solid in 2nd, and with the new tactic looking as solid as ever. Leicester made a big push toward the end picking up a couple of Manager of the Month awards, but couldn't quite get close enough to challenge us.

FA Cup | League Cup | Johnstone's Paint Trophy

Another great League Cup performance, knocking out Premiership side Tottenham! Gave Everton a run for their money as well, but in the end they walked off as deserving winners. Still can't get my head around this Paint Trophy thing; we always seem to go out early on penalties. :mad:

Squad

Pinto certainly delivered, in fact he broke just about every record Dempsey ever set with the club. That pace of his turned out to be lethal in our counter-attacking strategy; sprayings balls forward for him to run onto was a way too easy method of getting clear-cut chances without committing a lot of players to the attack. Add a nigh on injury free season to that and even the Top Goalscorer award was his for the taking.

Transfers

A quiet transfer period with Marcus Williams taking the left back spot Joel Parle left after himself and Mamadou Traoré replacing Middleton as my backup keeper as he was snapped up by Cardiff. I don't plan on making any radical changes for our first Championship season either, but it'll probably amount to 3 or 4 new faces at least.

Aim for next season: Avoid relegation. I fully expect this to be the hardest step up this far.

Season     Team           League               Finished  Achievements
2010/11    Kingstonian    Blue Square South    4th       -
2011/12    Kingstonian    Blue Square South    1st       Champions, Promotion
2012/13    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier  3rd       FA Trophy winners
2013/14    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier  3rd       Promotion through playoffs
2014/15    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 2   8th       -
2015/16    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 2   2nd       Promotion
2016/17    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 1   5th       -
2017/18    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 1   2nd       Promotion

Probably not. :(

Ah darn was looking forward to see how you faired. If you scroll up a bit, I had signed a very good CB, he stolen with one or two days left in the transfer window, got over ruled by the chairman, if he had stayed all I needed was a MR and DR, and a back up DL, now I have to add a CB to that and not sure I will have the wages to do it, have a feeling I will be getting a new massive loan along with a new stadium.

Cambridge City 17/18

Table

Graph

Season Review: We exceeded all expectations, we were in a playoff fight right until the last day of the season, we had to win, someone had to lose, we did our part but no one else helped us along. But its for the best we would not have done anything in the playoffs we had nothing all season for the bigger sides.

I brought in some decent talent, my favorite signing was my new striker, sadly he did not do to much during the season and I can't figure out why, my other striker was preforming very well. The young CB I had brought in got transferred near the end of the January window when the chairman over ruled me, it was good for the finances over all I guess but I will need to find someone to replace him.

I need a DR, MR, DL and a new DC, and to top it off they need to be young players...Got alot of scouting to do.

I get new Training/Youth stuff again and we expanded the stadium to 6k seats. We will have to build a new one soon though we are maxing it out every game.

Sadly going to have to let go of some guys who made it this far with me like Fitzharris(History), hes been here for ages but hes just not able to break into the first team any more.

I am also now a club legend!

FA Cup

Carling Cup

Cup Review: Nothing to report, beat two teams I should beat, lost two games I should lose.

Transfers

Squad (Anyone without a new contract is being cut)

Finances

Players:

Brogan - ML: Brought him in during the summer to replace my big transfer from last season, he was solid but I was scouting quite a few prospects sadly none would sign with us.

Holden - Mid(R/L): Solid season but hes aging, going to keep him at least another season as a back up and who knows he could force his way onto the field.

Modestro - DR: One of my young Italians I had signed, they all looked great but hes the one lagging not developing. Going to give him one more season to right the ship.

Moretti - MC: Another of the Italians, he has been superb not looking to replace him at all.

Pedersen - GK: He made some gains but he was also injured a couple times this season, at this point if I find a guy I am happy with hes going to the bench, but its going to take a leading championship goal keeper to make that happen.

Turkkan - Striker: He looked like he would be a scoring machine, what I got was an assist machine who gets tired every three games. But maybe he just needs some time to reach his potential.

Zwatz - Striker: Class, all around he was great and was a key to my good season. Happy no one stole him he was getting a lot of interest.

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSN                 1st                           Promotion
2011/12       BSP                 13th				
2012/13       BSP                 1st                     Promotion/FA T Winner
2013/14       L2                  13th                      4th Round FA Cup
2014/15       L2                  4th            Simifinal Playoffs/ 4th Round FA Cup
2015/16       L2                  1st                  Promotion/Paint Trophy Winners
2016/17       L2                  1st                  Promotion/Paint Trophy Winners
2017/18       C                   7th                       

Next Season: Bring in talent, this could be slowed down if the board wants a new stadium. Going to try and look for free players since I have had access to a total of 150k in all of my season to go out and buy players, just not an option when wages are higher than that.

I am setting a goal for the playoffs next season, maybe not to win them but I need to get there.

Update - Chairman strikes again....see ya Turkkan....

Hendon 2017/2018 Championship Preview

Well we moved into our brand new stadium this summer so have a new capacity of 13097 with good corporate facilities included in the build, my training facilities are also upgraded to adequate standard but my youth facilities are still classed as being basic so will like to try and upgrade them soon. Haven't had any youngsters come through that my coaches deemed good, infact the best was a young striker they thought had the potential to be a league 1 striker which isn't much use now I am in the championship.

After finishing 17th last season I felt the team needed a change from the 4132 formation I've used alot because we got dominated down the wings too much, but also we were starting to lack scoring chances as my central midfielders weren't good enough to provide attacking and defensive duties without the team struggling badly. I've decided to go with a 442 using Roy Schreuder and Franco Di Santo in an interchanging strikeforce of target man and poacher, I feel they can switch roles effectively and cause problems for the defence.

I was also very determined to upgrade my defence this year so made offers for close to 25 centre backs in hope of finding a partner for Allesandro Tuia, when I was feeling pretty dejected about my chances after players kept rejecting me I noticed a youngster I had been trying to get on loan last season was released by Man City. I quickly went to make him an offer to see if he was interested and although he wanted £6.5k I could only offer £5.75k so added a nice signing on bonus in a hope of him choosing Hendon. My worries grew though as premier league clubs Newcastle, Burnley, Sunderland and Wolves all came in with bids of there own for him, I just hoped my signing on fee of £200k would pursuade him to choose Hendon. To say I was surprised when the message came up that he had chosen Hendon is a bit of an understatement as it is very rare clubs have chosen Hendon over bigger reputation clubs in this save, infact I've lost players to bigger clubs in leagues below me who've offered half the money I have quite alot so far this year.

Well when I had sorted my defence I decided I needed a whole new midfield and quickly went about bringing in Italian winger Mauro Di Berardino from Inter on a bosman and Madagascar international central midfielder Jonathan Ratsvoson after he was released by premier league surprise package Scunthorpe this summer. So there was my left winger and playmaker sorted but I still needed a right winger and a defensive midfielder to complete my midfield, next in was Polish winger Kamil Grosicki on a loan deal for the season from Polish club Jagiellonia Bialystok, what made the deal even better was they were prepared to pay his £8k wages for the entire year and can't recall him. The final piece was my defensive midfielder, the deal to try and get this sorted was very much like my search for a centre back, I must have made close to 40 bids for players on free transfers, loans and small bids but clubs or players kept rejecting me and I was starting to think I made a mistake in letting my current DM Lenormand leave the club this season. However I then stumbled across Mamadou Bah on the transfer list and although I had to break my clubs transfer fee record by agreeing a deal of £700k (previously my record deal was £1k) I felt we had to simply get the player in so the team was sorted for the start of the season.

Leaving the club were four of my first team players last season who I deemed were no longer required this season, Lenormand, Leray, Prigent and David all left the club bringing in a total of £1.7m together, whilst I'd have hoped to have recieved more for these players I simply had to take what I could to free up wages for new signings and all in all I can feel happy to have improved my squad and making £1m in the process. Also leaving was backup defender Antona who didn't play much part and was allowed to leave on a free transfer to free up wages.

The full list of transfers this season can be seen here and the current squad & formation can be seen here. Overall I am pleased with this summer as I feel we have upgraded the first team a fair bit whilst keeping some good players to be backup for them, certainly feel more confident then I did last year in not getting dragged into a relegation battle.

GK Tierney

DR Koenig

DL Garai

DC Tuia

DC Wood

MC Bah

MC Ratsivoson

RW Grosicki

LW Di Berardino

FC Di Santo

FC Schreuder

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Blue Square Premier - 2012/13

After just missing out on the playoffs last season, this year was all about making a real push for promotion.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Barnet raced into a lead and we spent the entire season chasing them. In the penultimate game of the season we finally caught them to claim top spot with just one game left against bottom of the league Sutton, this is what happened.

Playoff semi leg 1 - we had an awful start but a late penalty gave us a decent scoreline going into the second leg.

Playoff semi leg 2 - an ugly game was settled with the Macclesfield keeper turning a cross into his own net.

Playoff final - for the first hour or so Shrewsbury were hammering us, we made a series of last ditch tackles and goal-line clearances in what looked like an attempt to hang on for extra time. Then, in the last ten minutes we started to have a few chances before Robert Mak broke through on the counter and slotted home the winner. Perhaps we didn't deserve it on the day, but we were certainly deserving in promotion to League 2.

FA Cup - we beat three teams from our own league then drew a huge side at home. Sadly there was no chance of us winning a replay.

FA Trophy - we bumbled our way to the final where we met title rivals Barnet, then lost on penalties.

Transfers - with the squad from last season there wasn't really a lot to do in the transfer market, although those two sales eased our finances.

Squad - a decent squad that is probably capable of competing in League 2, although I will be looking to strengthen it considerably.

Key Player Profiles:

Danijel Subotic - my second ex Pompey signing, he really made a difference to our strike force this season.

Paris Cowan-Hall - playing alongside an ex team-mate seemed to help Paris as he had a great season.

Robert Mak - the hero of the playoffs, he was our third choice striker but he had a great season.

Michael Hall - probably our best player, although I don't think he will play beyond League 2 should we get promoted again.

Craig McShea - not a great season but he played in the hole behind the two strikers, which is a position I will need to look at for next season.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists

Next Season

Without a doubt, I will be busy in the transfer market. Promotion to the Football League means we should turn professional soon which should mean we are able to attract better players to the club, along with some more non playing staff. Next season is a bit of an unknown but I would settle for a mid table place.

Just signed luis cumbers to partner james keatings upfront in the BSP. woohoo!

also have kevin phillips in a load deal pending but i think he'll snub it =/

i signed luis cumbers from gillingham and im in my 1st season in the bss atm he is playing awful for me especially considering he is meant to be lge 2 standard and cost me 5k

AFC Hornchurch Update (Season One 2010-2011)

Media Prediction: 22nd

Final Standing: 16th

Promised Board: Safe Mid-table

FA Trophy: 1st Round

FA Cup: 3rd Qualifying.

My Final Opinion: Just past Satisfied.

So after a week and a half of playing I have finally finished my first season and what a season it was. Well not really, but I have to give you guys a hook otherwise you won't read.

After promising the board a mid-table position my season was beset by frustration in the first half and good ole fashioned hard work in the second. The squad I assembled was very unbalanced in that at the back we were very solid but up front we lacked. This cost us early in the season as we succumbed to 1-0 defeat after 1-0 defeat and no matter how gung-ho (or overload as it's called now) I went I could never ever score an equaliser. About half-way through the season with the club in the relegation zone I decided to abandon my principles of always going to places to try and play football and get a result and went out with a defensive and containing mindset and lo and behold we started picking up the points.

It was with ten games to go we pulled ourselves out of the zone and then with big wins against our relegation rivals and only one defeat in the last eight games we finished a respectable 16th.

As for the cups? Well unfortunately the came too early in the season for me and I was dispatched in both competitions by blinking Braintree who I'm gonna hammer next year!

So here are the screenies for the visual learners among you.

Final BSS Table

Hornchurch Squad

Hornchurch Finances

Manager Profile

As you can see already I have been labeled cautious for my mid-season tactic switch but when your defence is better than your attack whaddya gonna do? I had two loan players both of who followed my team's lead of inconsistency. Merrick-James came from Southend who I got as a parent club while Tama Tuner came from my team Charlton.

My player of the year? Well I have two. The first is this man Billy Coyne who started at the club and was a rock at left back for the majority of the season until injury ended it a couple of weeks early. The second is Jared Hodgkiss who may have only played nine games for me but it was the most important nine games of my season. A free transfer from Market Drayton and a man I'm looking to kick on next year.

Aims for Next season:

Revamp the front part of my squad. Billy Gray and Darryn Stamp will contribute goals but cannot be relied on to hit the back of the net with any regularity. I also need to get another central midfielder to play alongside Mitchell and a left midfielder to cover for the inconsistent but good Ryan Hall. I have already purchased some more defenders one of whom is ranked as good BSP player that can become a good CCL2 player.

Competiton wise I'll look to break the top ten/play-offs and get more consistency. A cup run wouldn't go amiss either given my finances but with my chairman apparently willing to listen to offers for the club who knows what might happen.

AFC Hornchurch

Season 1 (2010-2011); BSS 16th; FA Cup 3QFR; FA Trophy 1st RD

Oh and I nearly forgot. Ian Smithe my Holiday Manager who became a travel agent had a great year. He sold nearly 1000 holidays and won Thomas Cook's travel agent of the year. He still holds a grudge against Hornchurch though and tourism in the small Essex town has in fact dropped off since he became a travel agent. The Hornchurch Tourist Board however say this is a coincidence. Ian has since been promoted and runs all the Thomas Cook branches in Welwyn Garden City.

I have been waiting to try this challenge for ages as I only saw it while waiting for FM10 to come out. So now is the time.... :)

After hours of reloading I just couldnt find the team I wanted so I decided to take charge of Boston Utd.

I cannot wait to get going with this

Good luck all :p

Help required please. Decided to have a go at this challenge on FM08 and have started with Chippenham. I only have 5 contracted players who are all youths. All non contracted players are greyed out but they have been able to play in friendlies. Will they be able to play in league matches or are contracted players only allowed to play in the first team. If this is the case and I dont sign anyone what will happen for the 1st league game??

Right I'm fed up with Chippenham. Going to start again. My new profile as Farnborough manager.

Tooting and Mitcham - dafuge

Truro City - Hexhamlad

Carshalton - DanGLiverpool / Antfm08

FC United - dudge7

Tonbridge Angels - Cardiovascular

Boston United - WillCarruthers

Cambridge City - Cerneo

Sutton Utd - hrbfcrule

Bedford Town - craigjuk

Oxford City - Smithers

Kings Lynn - PVentress

Merthyr - help!!!

Nuneaton - SnakeXe

Guiseley - foost

Canvey Island - Scooty_BAFC

Nuneaton - Shorty Boy

Boston United - Drewski

Dartford - Azeryk

Merthyr Tydfil - Hassebasse80

Guiseley - tomc990

Wealdstone - DC321

Marine - SuperRedditch

Bradford PA - Peljam

Dartford - Kazpeer

Kendal Town - Glennuk

AFC Hornchurch - alig4321

Farnborough - Martvb60, GreyedOutMan

Did you use the file to add the correct players to the new teams that Dafuge linked in the opening post?

I think I am now in the wrong thread as I think I first saw this in an FM08 thread which didn't mention any download database. Notwithstanding this the question still stands as can only contracted players play in league matches??

Did you use the file to add the correct players to the new teams that Dafuge linked in the opening post?
You'll be able to play with the greyed out players but they will generally suck so it's always best to try not to use them.

Thanks for that. Trouble is I need a full team so decided to get report cards from scout as was quickest way to scout players I had found. But in his opinion the vast majority are not worth signing so I am running out of time before the start of the season. Guess its going to be an uphill struggle but I suppose that is the point of the challenge

Yes yes yes, just grabbed the last playoff place in League Two on the last day of the season :D This is season was a real struggle, did anyone else find that with League Two? I imagine I'll be just trying to avoid relegation if I can get promoted to L1 whilst my team transitions. Wish me luck.

After 19 games of the season Hendon sit in 5th place on 31 points, things were going brilliantly and we were sat in 2nd place but injuries to some key players left us weaker then usual and we've dropped some points but I still feel confident we can keep pushing for the play offs once everyone is back fit. My main concern is my top goalscorer Di Santo won't sign a new contract and I really can't afford to lose him for nothing, might have to think about selling him soon to avoid losing out.

GreyedOutMan - Farnborough have some good players eh? Keep the keeper, he's ace. 16 minutes into the next game after I posted my last post, he conceded.

Just lost my first game as well :(, took 9 games mind you. Should be a good season. 9th at the moment, aiming for play offs or maybe the title.

In the middle of February right now in my first League 2 season, currently sitting just below the playoff spots, possibly a late push for the spot could result in a happy outcome? Can't say I'd be too confident winning in the play-offs though, Its been a tough season

Really? The assistant thinks the keeper is the weakest player in the side... oh well. Im playing Arsenal for a bit now...

He probably is, but he hardly ever concedes for me! I've only got one keeper mind, and that's him, so not much choice.

Yep unfortunately had to sell Di Santo, got a £1.9m deal in the end for him so will try to replace him in January when he leaves, have a couple of players I believe are good enough but right now I can't offer the wages they want but might be ok when the deal for Di Santo goes through.

You'll be able to play with the greyed out players but they will generally suck so it's always best to try not to use them.

I think it would be really important to get the full squads. I generally sign 20 players in my first season, and not having anyone at the club would be great, because there's no deadwood sucking up all your wage budget.

I think at the moment, I have 1k a week going towards people who were at my club originally, and I couldn't offload.

Carshalton 2012/2013 League Two

Media Prediction: 24th

Finish: 7th

Table

This season was a real struggle, our form turned around when I changed tactics although the League was so tight it only took a small run of wins to get into the playoffs, we happened to leave it to the last day of the season! Depending on my finances I'll probably do a total overhaul of my squad for next season, keeping only 3 or 4 of the current squad. I'm expecting to spend a few seasons in League One, I don't think I can bring in enough quality in our first season to challenge for a playoff spot, but we'll see.

Decided I was only going to reload once, and fancied trying the BSN for the first time, so I've decided to go with Boston Utd. I don't think I've ever made it out of the BSP in this challenge :o so hopefully this year will be more successful!

(And no, the picture I used doesn't look anything like me, but I decided that something would be better than nothing :))

Damn having a few clubs bid for my left back during this Jan window and I really fear if they come back with bigger offers my chairman will accept it, shame as he has progressed massively stat wise this first half of the season and really looks premier league quality now

Get used to it Dan, have had players worth £500k struggle to get bids over £50k for them

I know, tis bad, fortunately this season I am not in debt atm, only got 114k in reciepts for getting raped 7-0 by Portsmouth:thdn:

Argh, Derby has bid 45k, mostly over 24 months, for my championship ability right midfielder. Not sure whether to sell, as he is my best player, but 45k would be my biggest sale ever and probably allow me to expand more on my team.

Decided to put it up to 50k, mainly over 12 months instead of 24 months, and get rid of the 2k promotion film in preference of knowing the money is coming.

Rotherham are apparently looking to bid for him, so if they do bid I will try to get more from them. He claims 1k a week of my wages, so he should more than help ease finances if he leaves.

Marine - 2010/2011 - BSN

7 games in, and still yet to concede a goal. Yet scoring only 8. So, in the media I decide to big up my defence. The journalist asks me who I consider to be my star Defender.

So, of course, I want to pick my Captain and rock, Michael Jackson (who I linked earlier in the thread).

Problem is, I also have a Right Back called Michael Jackson, with no way to tell between to two!

:(

Archived