dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started this earlier in the week.....Manager's Profile

Carshalton Athletic - 2010-11 - BSS

Transfers

Predicted to come 15th but the team put in a fantastic effort and ended up 1st - League Table scoring over 100 goals while only letting in 37 goals in the league. With an amazing 30 goals in 25 league games Simon Thomas help carry Carshalton to the league as did the promising youth talent Mark French who managed 17 league goals 30 appearances although im sure that he could have got more if he didn't get injured so often.

Some fantastic results in the FA Cup including a 3-0 win at Milwall :) got us through to the 3rd round of the FA Cup where we met West Brom at home which attracted the TV cameras but unfortunatly we were thumped 7-0...Still £114k was earnt from that game :thup:

Another amazing cup run ncluding an away win in the semi final against Luton meant we made the FA Trophy Final where we met Kettering Town. Mark French opened the scoring after thrity seconds a close range finish, then Kettering then went up the other end straight from kick off and hit the post and from then on they pinned us in to our area until Craig Mahon equalised for them in the 45th minute...he then got clean through in the 60th minute and hit the post and then that @@@@@@ finally put Kettering in the lead in the 89th minute to break Carshalton hearts...:( The defence just couldnt deal with Craig Mahon throughout but I'm happy that we managed to get to the final in the first place.

Finances are looking amazing due to the Cup Runs.

Squad

All in all a pretty amazing season definately one of the best I've ever had on FM with a poor team, which I will look to build on for next season :cool:

Started this earlier in the week.....Manager's Profile

Carshalton Athletic - 2010-11 - BSS

Transfers

Predicted to come 15th but the team put in a fantastic effort and ended up 1st - League Table scoring over 100 goals while only letting in 37 goals in the league. With an amazing 30 goals in 25 league games Simon Thomas help carry Carshalton to the league as did the promising youth talent Mark French who managed 17 league goals 30 appearances although im sure that he could have got more if he didn't get injured so often.

Some fantastic results in the FA Cup including a 3-0 win at Milwall :) got us through to the 3rd round of the FA Cup where we met West Brom at home which attracted the TV cameras but unfortunatly we were thumped 7-0...Still £114k was earnt from that game :thup:

Another amazing cup run ncluding an away win in the semi final against Luton meant we made the FA Trophy Final where we met Kettering Town. Mark French opened the scoring after thrity seconds a close range finish, then Kettering then went up the other end straight from kick off and hit the post and from then on they pinned us in to our area until Craig Mahon equalised for them in the 45th minute...he then got clean through in the 60th minute and hit the post and then that @@@@@@ finally put Kettering in the lead in the 89th minute to break Carshalton hearts...:( The defence just couldnt deal with Craig Mahon throughout but I'm happy that we managed to get to the final in the first place.

Finances are looking amazing due to the Cup Runs.

Squad

All in all a pretty amazing season, which I will look to build on for next season :cool:

Congrats on promotion antfm

good luck next season

hrbfcrule - I'm just halfway into pre-season for my second season and I automatic promotion from the BSS. Money's a little tight but I've signed 2 very good players, have 2 more on trial and I hope to sign a midfielder who could play as a deep lying playmaker after he finishes the England trial match. I'm also seeing if I can get a few more young players for the future, at the moment I'm getting players that are ready for the first team.

kl atm im in my 1st season, im 2nd 10 pts off salisbury(1st) and 8pts inside the playoffs with 14 games to go

Just made a good start to my League 2 campaign with a 3-1 win over Torquay. Nice to see Craig Rodger get on the scoresheet (he also hit the post which led to the second goal), which now means he has scored in the BSN, BSP, League 2 and League 1. A pretty impressive feat. If he could get around 30 goals like he has in the other divisions that would be even more impressive!

And in the next match Rodger scores a hat-trick as we came back from 2-0 down beat Leeds 4-2 (aet) in the League cup 1st round. Excellent performance from the whole team and my new signings really impressed. Unfortunately my new striker Krzysztof Chrapek picked up a twisted ankle, but otherwise an excellent result!

Forgot to take screen shots from last seson as I was so ingrossed in forwarding so we enter our new stadium, we didn't pull up any trees though but managed to avoid relegation and finished in 17th place. Didn't do anything in the cups either but that kinda suited me really as we didn't have a big enough squad for the battle against relegation plus cup games.

I've done most of the pre season preparing for Hendons second season in the championship and have made quite a few changes, my 4132 whilst being steady really struggles in the championship, without amazing midfielders we struggled to create many chances so have gone to a 442 which meant bringing in wingers again.

Will take some screenshots and post them tomorrow, I hope one of my signings really excites you, he really looks EPL quality so should be massive for us this season, we fought off competition from 4 EPL clubs to sign him!

So, after 2 days of reloading, I finally managed to score myself some sub-1000 reputation team action. Isn't that what all the kids are doing these days?

Marine!

Only after doing so, did I realise that the kind Glibster had uploaded a Marine Saved Game :mad:

Ah well, at least I earned the glory myself :thup:

Having no idea where Marine actually IS, after a quick look in google, I found out that it is a Liverpool based club. So looking forward to hammering those Liverpudlians and Evertonians in about 2030...

Ok, this season will just be a review, no pictures unfortunately.

Carshalton Season Review - 2014/15 - League 2 - 15th

Basically, I told the board I would avoid relegation, and that I did. I don't think I ever fell into the relegations spots all season, and in the end I finished comfortably in 15th, 11 points off relegation.

The FA Cup saw me crash out to Southampton, whereas the League Cup saw me get an away win at Championship Swansea before falling to Premiership West Ham. The JPT saw me go out 3-0 to Bournemouth. Overall, it was a decent enough season.

However, the wage budget was way too high, paying £1.1 million a season. Therefore, I seriously trimmed the backup down to size, and am making some saving in wage budget, although not as much as I hoped I would :thdn:

Ok, 2 solid nights of reloading from the 24th trying to get Truro. I've already Pm'd one person who has a Truro save on the go, but if anyone has an original Truro save before they've made any of their changes please put me out of my misery!!!

In the meantime I've just installed FM on my desktop as well as my laptop & i'm now loading the save on both machines, double my chances.

It's crazy seeing as Truro are/were one of the favourites for the division. I must have reloaded at least a few hundred times by now... :-(

Glennuk - Kendal Town - Season 1 - Blue Square North - 4th - PLAYOFF WINNERS

Well the first season went quite well.

I bought in alot of players and it took a while for them to gel, but once they did they were clearly a fine set of players.

I was worried as my money was constantly dipping, losing about 12k a month, even though i tried to trim down my squad and get rid of some back up players.

Towards the end of the season Kendal Town performed very well, and always looked like the favourites for going up through the play offs.

So the final league table is here - http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee357/glenncraneuk/Finallegaue.gif

Kendal Squad - http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee357/glenncraneuk/kendalsquad.gif

Next is a player i bought in during the middle of November. He really did help my defence look alot more solid, and a player who i think can do well in the BSP next season. Introducing CAMANO http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee357/glenncraneuk/camano.gif

Prehaps my personal favourite is James Keatings who plays in the diamond just below my two strikers http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee357/glenncraneuk/keatings.gif

Luckily i signed the following player. He was not first choice at the begining of the season and when i clicked confirm signing i actually regretted it, but boy did he prove me wrong, finished top scorer for Kendal and was a solid player throughotu the season, introducing the one and only Darryn Stamp http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee357/glenncraneuk/stamp.gif

The final player i want to introduce came in on his reputation alone - Also he was a former ITFC player :)

But when he did come what an impact he made, 7 assists in 17 appearances and solid performances to boot, a bit old but still had the talent George O Callaghan http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee357/glenncraneuk/callagahn.gif

Next Seasons Goals

1. Improve Finances (Somehow)
  2. Keep hold of key players
  3. Bring in some more 5 star players

PS: Any views welcome :)

I have, but just to change the names of those competitions - is that ok?

No, we have to be completely clear with a total ban on editors, no exceptions. If you want to use real names then you will have to 'find' another way to use the 'real names' in 'FM'.

I hope you understand what I'm saying here.

i know i know, i just like that realism of competition names being correct. Surely this doesnt affect the game?

It won't, but we do have a strict no editors rule and you could have changed the names without using it. This challenge has very few rules but to keep the integrity of it we really do need to enforce them.

If you feel the need to prove to everyone else that you have not changed anything else and carry on, then free to do so, but I just need to make the point that nobody should be using the editor at all.

I've done a lot of work on the game now and I dont really want to start again. How could I prove that the only changes I have made is to the competition names? I named the editor file "proper competition names" or something...

I've got no idea.

To be honest though, I trust you that nothing dodgy has gone on, I just need to make the point that the editor is not to be used so people don't make this mistake in the future.

Carry on as usual, it should be pretty obvious to everyone that nothing untoward has gone on. If it does appear that something is wrong then I'm sure people will point it out.

I'd say so...I took the "no editors rule" to mean no dodgy stuff rather than no convenience stuff. I just use that file with all my saves, so that level of realism is added to the game. No editing was done specifically for this game, and no files used for any other reasons in other games were used. If anyone knows a way to prove this, please let me know :)

Also, based on my first few results, accusations of cheating shouldnt be a problem :( 3 games, no goals, one point.

Got Portsmouth away in the FA Cup 3rd round :thup:

Unfortunately they are still at Fratton Park, and not the new, bigger stadium :thdn:

As far as I can recall Pompey still play at Fratton and are not in a new stadium yet. There are a couple of Portsmouth lads doing this challenge, perhaps they know for certain.

Archived