dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tim Cahill on a one year contract of £2k PW I think isn't bad even though his physical stats have decreased a fair bit, he will play in my 4132 so will get plenty of help from my energetic youngsters surrounding him

Hes not aged to badly at all, I hate when players stamina drops to 1, annoys me like nothing else.

Some of you guys are scampering through.

Anyway, quick up date on Looking Busy's start at King's Lynn.

Completed preseason with the very unimpressive record of P5 W1 D1 L3

First game of the season away to Hyde, and got, I thought, a very creditable 0-0 draw. Next game was a home game against Hinckley, chance for a first win i thought. Couldn't have been more wrong, Terrible performance, somehow got away with a 2-1 defeat. The one being scored in injury time.

Things weren't looking at that point. Next match was an away at Northwich, bookies predicting a hammering. Somehow in the space of a week my team was transformed. Storming to a 2-0, and but for their keeper would have been more, followed this up with a 1-0 win at home to AFC Telford, and all of a sudden i'm feeling a little more confident about the season.

Transfers have been difficult, 2 potential signing were leaked and missed out on both. Has anyone else had this problem with their transfers?

Record so far is:

P4 W2 D1 L1 F:4 A:3 Pts: 7 Position: 3rd

Gypsum's King's Lynn - End of season update - 2012/13

League 2 table - 3rd place (Automatically promoted)

League graph

Squad info;

General squad info

Transfers

Key players;

Craig Rodger - ST - Another exceptional season from the former Rangers youth product. His 31 goals this season has taken his total for the club to 89 league goals in 3 seasons with a career average rating of 7.34. And amazingly he has yet to suffer a single injury! Being consistently brilliant from the BSN to League 2, only time will tell if he can maintain his form in League 1.

Ignasi Miquel - DC - Ignasi was released from Arsenal at the beginning of the season and we snapped up the big centre-back on a free. He was undoubtedly our best signing, acting as a tower of strength at the back and a threat from set pieces. His ability to pull of Carragher-esqe last ditch challenges saved us a number of times this season and hopefully the step up will see him continue to improve.

Shaun MacDonald - MRLC - Versatile midfielder MacDonald was a Swansea fringe player for many years before being released and signing for us at King's Lynn. He was a creative force down the right wing until injury ended his season early. But his contribution was an integral part of our promotion.

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSN                 2nd                      Playoff winners
2011/12       BSP                 2nd                      Playoff winners
2012/13       L2                  3rd                      Automatic promotion

Season 2010/11 Review - Guiseley in the Blue Square North - PROMOTION

Profile 1, 2

League Table

Past Positions

Finances

Strange season, that's it. We started off great, but it seems we had a beautiful weather squad since we sucked atm it began to freeze outside. Thankfully the spring brought us some good football again and we managed to end up in the playoffs. Started of with a 4-5-1 tactic, what I later on changed because of lack of goals into 4-4-2 (diamond). It went better, but still not the way I liked. At the end I played 4-3-3 which gave me great and a lot of goals. Biggest problem this year was the defence. They went in at front, but 5 minutes later also at the back. So that needs to be changed next season.

Playoff's were great. We drawed Stafford Rangers, who were the very close runner-up this season, and started at home winning 3-0. The replay we played with a chinese wall and ended up in 1-1.

Final! The final was against Blyth, where we this season lost and drawn against. With the bookies telling we were the favourites we went into the final and fought like lyons. At the end of 90 minutes it was 1-1. After 120 minutes 2-2. Penalties. Since I am dutch I wasnt so sure about it, but it ended up 5-4 and that gives us PROMOTION!

FA Cup | FA Trophy

Our first year in cup-runs and it went alright. We totally sucked in the Trophy, what needs to be better next year. But I am happy with our run in the FA Cup.

Squad

This year squad was a bunch of players getting in and trying to make it work. Crawford and Osman did great on the midfield and that is great with the thing in mind they are 17 and 19 years old. The defence sucked. Gordon Dick did his best, but oldtimer McIntosh made some stupid mistakes, same for Gallacher and Ruychev, who did great both but created a lot of red cards and penalties... Wilson, Hudson, Armstrong and Burbeary did great at front and scored enough. Fairley was ok, dont know if he will be in the goal next season, but he is definitely staying with us. Oldtimers McIntosh, Holland and Pethick played there last games. Sorry lads... ;)

Transfers

Trials

Ashley Burbeary was already on its way to Guiseley without me wanting him. Looking back I was glad he joined Guiseley. Best players I signed this season must be Gordon Dick, Kyle Wilson, Ian Armstrong and the best: Osman Balkaya (begin season, end season). Osman is the only player who definitely got a place in the starting 11 next season.

Aim for next season: Challenge for promotion. I already signed 5 new players for next season whom, if my scouts are right, are decent/good League One players. But I am also happy finishing halftable.

Season     Team           League               Finished  Achievements
2010/11    Guiseley    	    Blue Square South    5th       Promotion

Scab, hope you dont mind taking your style layout. Thanks.

Gypsum - How are you doing money wise at King's. I've only been playing a month or so and am already in the red despite spending nothing on transfers and being below my wage limit by about £500p/w

I'm not struggling as much as some, but i'm still generally in the red. We usually get into the black when we start a season but generally hover around -£50k. But who needs a transfer budget anyway!

Holidaying now after finishing my obligatory West Ham save. My FM09 dafuge's challenge career was probably the most enjoyable game I've ever played on FM/CM so expectations are obviously high for this year.

I'm thinking of going with FC United again but I'm not set on it. I'm assuming they don't have the sponsorship bug again this year?

I'm not struggling as much as some, but i'm still generally in the red. We usually get into the black when we start a season but generally hover around -£50k. But who needs a transfer budget anyway!

Nice one. I reckon as long as i can stay the right side of about -£100K i should be alright. I was actually suprised with the King's Team that i got, considering their reputation was one of the lower to get promoted IIRC, they've got a couple of real handy players

Holidaying now after finishing my obligatory West Ham save. My FM09 dafuge's challenge career was probably the most enjoyable game I've ever played on FM/CM so expectations are obviously high for this year.

I'm thinking of going with FC United again but I'm not set on it. I'm assuming they don't have the sponsorship bug again this year?

FC are a bugger to get. I have an FC save if you want it. You'll need to give me step by step instructions of what to do so you can access it mind

won the bss playoff final and to prepare for the new season i have signed a 29y/o David Prutton, amazingly he hasn't played for a year and his attributes seem lower than i would expect but scouts still rate him at L1 level so i'm hoping for good things.

Edit: first friendly of the new season Prutts rates just 4.4 :rolleyes:

can you not do it through google images, save the image to your pc and then up load them that way? Probably not but can't think of another way

ill try this out but not very good with editing stuff hehe.

-aao- You can create one yourself, the instuctions are in the graphics section. I'll have a look around and PM you the link if I find any made.

ok thank you. ill take a look too.

Farnborough BSP 2012/2013

I went a bit crazy with new signings this summer almost changing the whole team. Many of them I just signed for the sake of signing and this had a bad effect on squad harmoney and general happiness. Played first 5-6 games of season and was terrible. So I have decided to can this save for the time being. I will try again probably when the Jan/Feb patch comes out but until then im just going to have fun with Arsenal and continue Wenger's youth policy.

I'll still read everyones updates on here. Im truely amazed at how fast some people are climbing the Leagues.

Congrats to all who have gone up recently :)

Anyone else had players getting slightly concerned, and it saying 'feels you aren't giving the team enough credit'

Is this in the press conferences (which i never attend) or in the full time team talk?

i had this in my man united game... i think it's to do with team talks as when i started using the more superlative answer, the concerns went away.

i had this in my man united game... i think it's to do with team talks as when i started using the more superlative answer, the concerns went away.

I got it after we'd just been horribly beaten, and i told them it wasn't good enough. After we'd got a cracking 2-0 away win in a game we were predicted to lose i told them it was fantastic and a couple still had it.

Might just have a team full of sensitive souls. I'll beat that out of them :D

Season Summary

Marine Season 2010/11 Blue Square North

Final league position: 1st

Cups: Not far at all...

After a good pre-season, with quite a few new players joining the club, the team kicked off with a good start. We went out of the cups at a really early stage, but on the positive side that ment that we could concentrate on the league. The tactical side of things seemed sorted out after the pre-season, and we only needed to adjust a few things as the season went along. We ended up as champions with a few games in hand, and the most pleasing thing was that the team only conceded 25 goals in 42 league games, averaging 0,6 goals per game conceded.

Some of the new players really did their job like our top goalscorer Sean Fitzharris, who bagged 31 goals in the league and made 10 assists, creating nearly half of our total goals alone.

Squad (sorted by goals)

Transfers p.1

Transfers p.2

(some of the transfers were completed after the last game of the season, and should really be considered as transfers for the new season in BSP.)

Goals

Goals from corners: 7

Goals from DFK's: 2

Goals from IFK's: 6

Penalties: 9

So a total of 24 goals scored from set pieces (if you count penalties as SP...). Not bad, but I'm not satisfied with our corner setup and will try to revise it during the pre-season. Hopefully we'll be able to sign a better corner/free-kick taker as well.

Finances

Red numbers all over, even though we're were way below the wage budget throughout the season. The average attendence just above 500 people must take some of the blame. Hopefully more people will show up next season, or we will have to make some tough decisions. The plan is to trim the squad anyway, and try to sign some utility squad players that can cover several positions and save us some money on wages.

Hopes for the new season

You never know what's going to happen after securing a promotion, but I consider myself a bit seasoned now, having participated in this challenge many times before (but never completed it sadly...), so I know that a back to back promotion is possible. I'll tell the board that the goal is to stay clear of relegation to ease the pressure on me and the team, but in my head we're gunning for a playoff place.

Looking forward to the next season now, need to get back to the game..

Looks like someone tried to retrain him as a striker but he reverted back to a centre back

If they did it doesn't show as centre back is his only position, also most AI trained players have good physical attributes usually

Just had nearly 6000 turn up for a preseason friendly against birmingham reserves :eek:, twice my best attendance from last season.

this is a massive improvement on fm09 when maybe only 300 would turn up for a reserve side, even a premiership one.

I'd retrain him to a striker, could be prolific for you with some of them stats.

my scouts say he won't improve beyond BSP and his physical attributes are just too woeful to bother. Besides i have 3 good young strikers anyway.

Archived