dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Done a search on the thread but couldn't find anyone who had a Truro save. I'll be trying to get them tonight so will upload the save if I manage to get them.

Good luck. I spent the best part of an hour yesterday trying to get either Truro or Hemel. Ended up with neither. You'll need either a bit of luck or a lot of patience

Welsh Wizard - Carshalton - Blue Square South - 2010/11 - Season 1

Table | Past Positions Graph | Player Stats

Predicted: 17th

Finished: 1st

Was predicted 17th at the start but with the team I had I expected atleast a play-off place.

Was in top 5 all season so we always had a chance of finishing first but it went down to the last game of the season where I faced Eastbourne at home who were 3 points ahead at the time but my Goal difference was far superior so any win would do and we won 3-0 thanks to a hattrick from Keatings.

FA Cup - Lost in 3rd round Qual vs Hendon

FA Trophy - Lost in 2nd round vs Eastleigh

No so well in the cups :(

Team Stats - Shows some signings for this season as well.

Team General

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Craig McShea - Was like Michael Owen getting on the end of crosses and getting in great positions to score or set up players he is a great poacher.

James Keatings - Would pop up and score match winners and save the team at times at first I used him as a Super Sub but Christie was not doing so well so he took his chance.

Adam Hunter - Was a Rock in defence.

Targets

Decent cup run to ease debt

Improve squad and get rid of dead wood

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSS                 1st                           Promotion

Daniel Mihaylov is coming in on the 1st January 2015 after impressing in the reserves whilst on trial, and having 5 stars on his coach report for ability and potential.

Unfortunately I couldn't get a work permit for the Croatian keeper, but I am going to keep tabs on him and hopefully one day get him.

Well, all my coaches are telling me he has Championship ability, which is very good news that I have secured the deal.

The first part is a great word, I remember the first time I saw it on television whilst I lived in Norway and checked the football results, nearly spat my coke out!

If Blackpool reach the championship playoffs the season i might have a word with the webeditor at the club and see if he can change the fixture list on the website.

Is '****spil' the Danish for playoff? If so i love it, my new favourite word
Still a great word. We need words like that in english. Would make the language much more fun

I would say that it means that. When danish people is talking about "playoff" we say "****spil".

Drewski. Boston United. 2010/2011

So, the aim for this season was to try and establish ourselves as a mid-table side and not get ourselves embroiled in a relegation fight, which, despite a questionable start to the season, we managed to avoid with an 8th place finish, we did have a sloppy start to the season, but after we acquired Kyle Wilson then we started to play some decent football, although our away form was poor to say the least, if we improve our away form next season then I think we stand a good chance of getting into the play-offs at least.

Squad was meh to say the least, only Wilson managed to get into double figures in terms of goals scored, this just shows that we are reliant on him for goals, I will need to rectify this next season, Canoville was superb at the back, he was the best-of-the-bunch in an average defence, whilst up front, Super Kyle showed everyone else what you should do with the ball with 17 goals.

Few guys in, few out, I have quite a lot of dead wood leaving in the summer to make way for new arrivals, hopefully to put together a squad capable of getting into the top 6.

Finances - going low, low, low, low.

Aims for next season:

A top 6 finish.

Try and make some money for a change.

Just got hammered by Arsenal 4-0 in the cup but it made me around £900k from ticket sales, totally shocked it was that much but pleased as I can try to get my facilities upgraded now I am not in debt, season is going ok as well, we are 1 place below the play offs and level on points with the 2 teams above us but we have played 1 more game so could be 3 points away if they both win there game in hand. We have 18 games left of the season to try and break into the play offs, have been around 7th to 13th most of this season though so anything could happen.

Dartford - Blue Square South - 2011/2012

We were predicted to finish 16th.

League table

League Graph

Not the best start, but i found a good tactic, but i get too many draws.

Fa Cup - Third round. Lost 0-1 to Queens Park Rangers

Transfers

Finances

Key Players:

Kyle Wilson - Topscorer with 29 goals.

Charlie Sheringham - Also topscorer with 29 goals.

Mansour Assoumani - Got a great defender and he played okay.

Season Division Position Achievements
[font=Verdana][color=black]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=black]2010/11 BSS 13rd n/a[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=black]2011/12 BSS 2nd Promotion[/color][/font]

Next season:

Stay up.

With 6 games left of the season we sit in 6th place just inside the play offs but my top goalscorer will miss the next game and the news report says he was seen leaving a bar in the early hours of the morning, what a dinlow he is, glad he is on loan as I'd be selling him in the summer if he was my player!

Finished the season in 6th place so have given myself a play off tie against Grimsby who finished 3rd and 6 points ahead of us, think the game is quite close in many aspects and don't see any team as favourites to go through the play offs this year, fingers crossed

Just found a flaw in the game - my player was flagged off-side in his own half.

Below is the excerpt from the Laws of the Game

Offside Position

It is not an offence in itself to be in an offside position.

A player is in an offside position if:

• he is nearer to his opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the

second-last opponent

A player is not in an offside position if:

• he is in his own half of the fi eld of play or

• he is level with the second-last opponent or

• he is level with the last two opponents

Probably a mistake by the linesman (these are built into the match engine), that SI wouldn't recognize that you can't be offside in your own half seems like too obvious an oversight.

Even a linesman wouldn't flag when the player was some way to the left of the edge of the centre circle.

Got it started and picked Cambridge City..

Currently in January.. Sat second from bottom, hit a poor run but have started to recover and have moved the points tally up..

Still in need of a goalkeeper and a striker.. Any you can think of?..

Farsley did a decent job in goal for me first season.

McShea and Keatings did great upfront and some have said Fitzharris who I played RM.

Archived