dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok, someone tell me what im doing wrong;

1) i download the ddt file and save it to the folder(vista)

2) i then load up the game and check preferences

3) it isnt there =S

just the team_holland folder

2) yuo need to place the file in the correct folder. Where is it located now?

ok, someone tell me what im doing wrong;

1) i download the ddt file and save it to the folder(vista)

2) i then load up the game and check preferences

3) it isnt there =S

just the team_holland folder

Nice to know im not the only one having problems.

I try to add the .ddt before creating the save game. just the holland one appears

Currently installing through steam, yet to see if this helps solve the problem

Dafuge, just to let you know, I added all players based in England, and that seemed to do the job of loading the real players to the challenge teams.

That gives you a database with about 4000 extra players compared to the setup described in the rules, that is why we use that file.

Just out of interest, with your setup did the eligible teams have real staff?

Holidaying now :) Hoping to get a kent based side e.g. Margate or dartford, give it a couple of years and Gillingham will be able to compete in this challange! haha

Dartford appear a lot but if you reload a few times you might see Tonbridge Angels appear.

Nantwich Town are a semi professional club formed in 1884. The club recently moved to a £3.75m purpose built super stadium aka "The Weaver Stadium." The ground holds 3500 with 350 seats.

Rivals include Warrington, Northwich and Kidsgrove

New manager kccircle has pledged to take them all the way to Champions League glory

I played against tonbridge angels last year, their actually a pretty decent side. Would be a laugh to get Maidstone, know a few players that play for them haha

I think I am going to go with Maidstone. Home town club and have done this with them before.

Maybe this time my post will show up saying that I am on holiday, and not something unrelated lol.

Forum got some issues I guess due to it's popularity.

lol yeah. I suddenly found myself reading some weird posts from a Good Players guide - Chelsea thread when reading this one :eek:

Well, loathe as I was to quit my FM09 Oxford City stage having only got as far as the Championship - the temptation was too much and I got FM10.

Have to say after just poking about for a couple of hours, it looks great. So much neater and more inuitive, hopefully the gameplay matches up.

Anyway, here I am as new manager of the mighty Guiseley.

Oh really? I actually live out towards Wisbech now. But used to live right in Lynn town centre. Ran the Maids head pub for a bit.

Cool, I only moved into town a couple of months back. Been to a few games this season and Lynn have been playing well. Its a shame they got sent back down a level for a poor facilities, which is slightly confusing seeings they seem to have the one of best in the league.

To save me from wasting even more time, is it even possible for a club of reputation 1000 to get promoted? In about a hundred times of reloading trying to get Oxford City, only one club has been promoted with a reputation lower than 1100, and that was Horsham.

If not, I guess I'll just have to settle for Carshalton.

Its taken me well over an hour and half to holiday.. crawling into April now, and im worried that my game is going to be really slow, got a large database and the top players from Europe. I got 4 stars on the performance recoomendation which I thought would be fine, will I be alright?

To save me from wasting even more time, is it even possible for a club of reputation 1000 to get promoted? In about a hundred times of reloading trying to get Oxford City, only one club has been promoted with a reputation lower than 1100, and that was Horsham.

If not, I guess I'll just have to settle for Carshalton.

Yes. It doesn't happen often, but it happens. I've not seen anyone lower than 1000, though.

I had Oxford City come up a couple of times while I was trying to get smaller teams to come up, but I didn't save it, sadly. Keep trying, it'll happen.

Cool, I only moved into town a couple of months back. Been to a few games this season and Lynn have been playing well. Its a shame they got sent back down a level for a poor facilities, which is slightly confusing seeings they seem to have the one of best in the league.

Yeah, I was always impressed by their ground. Seemed like a club on the rise too. Unfortunately I think there's a lot of politics involved.

Will be back in for this years challenge.

Haven't got the game yet, will pick it up tonight or tomorrow, in the mean time, any chance someone could upload a "Holiday man" save just before the teams get promoted? Would rather jump right in than Holiday for a year :)

Archived