dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im playing Eastleigh (the team that knocked us out of the FA cup) and i forgot to submit a team talk at the start of the game as i had to skip through some menus before the game... and we're 2-0 up inside 20mins.

i might do this more often.

edit: drew 2-2 :(

I am struggling big time with this years FM. My Billericay team's form is now resembling the form that saw my Tonbridge effort fail. I just can't get the hang of the lower leagues this year despite having plenty of success in this challenge in the past. No idea what I should do from here

Really pleased the crowds at Truro have went from 100 up to around 500, it's taken best part of two seasons though.

If your playing as Truro in this challenge any chance you can upload the save file from day one as there are a lot of people where who would want to play as them?

Just got knocked out of the FA Cup 4th Round qualifying to Eastleigh... slightly disappointed as i could do with some money - but not the end of the world i suppose.

I was pretty miffed - I got through to the 1st Rnd Proper and was looking at Sheff Wed or Charlton for the cash. I ended up playing at Accrington in front of 1,700 people and lost 0-5.

Well I didn't update last night before I went to bed as it was pretty late & I was tired but Hendon have just won Johnstones Paint Trophy after beating Crewe 1-0 in the final after they battered us for 90 minutes before we got a last minute winner! We also sit 4th in the league but level points with Yeovil who are in 3rd place, it's quite funny because whilst we finished 21st last season so have improved a great deal Yeovil were 23rd until the very end when they jumped up to 22nd and avoided relegation so they have also improved a great deal to be in 3rd place.

Just need to keep my fingers crossed for these last 6 games, worst case scenario is we lose a few and end up in the play offs but I really want to avoid them and gain auto promotion if I can.

AFC Hornchurch - Update from the Urchins!

Well I have just gone past Christmas in my first season and things had been looking dire. My team could not score and when they did they seemed to manage to hold on for draws or lose by the odd goal. I had dropped to 21st in the table at the end of November. Things needed to change!

I went out and bought in 2 Scottish rejects, Mark Millar and Christiano Kisuka. These guys have been absolute revelations for me! Millar, in his debut, started against Hampton & Richmond. I was drawing 1-1 with 10 minutes to go and looked to be holding out for yet another draw when up pops Millar and smashes one into the top corner from 30 yards. I went crazy and I think the match engine heard me as it said "The fans love him already"

Kisuka was unfit so I gave him a couple of sub appearances before dropping him in it. I was away to Braintree who were 4th in the table. Drawing 0-0 a half time I gave Kisuka a chance to show me what he can do. He repayed me by smashing in the winner in a 1-0 victory!

Since then he has made 3 starts scoring 5 goals including 1 against BSP Chelmsford City in the FA Trophy. This started off a memorable 4-1 win for me. Scoring goals was something Hornchurch didn't do!

So in summary, the next few months could either see me scrapping to avoid relegation or continue the good form and kick on to reach the playoffs. Only time will tell!

Just noticed Tranmere are in big big trouble, sitting bottom of League 2 and in administration, they've had to sell half there squad for nothing so barely have 11 senior players and to make matters worse they'll get a 10 point deduction next season in the BSP. Might check them out & see if any of there players can improve my team hehe

Last game of the season we are currently 3rd, one point ahead of Yeovil in 4th and 2 points above 5th placed Shrewsbury but we have an away trip to 10th placed Stockport whilst Yeovil have a home game to 13th placed Accrington and Shrewsbury have an away trip to 2nd placed Grimsby. Alot to play for but we are all guaranteed a play off spot but I'd be dissapointed with that after this season where we have totally transformed ourselves as a team, we've only conceeded 33 goals in 45 league games but we have scored less also with only 58 league goals this season but then Harsanyi has struggled with injuries and rarely had a long run in the side before missing another couple of games so I feel we'd have scored more with a settled partnership up there.

In desperate need of a tactical shift. We are again down in the relegation places despite having what on paper looks like at the very least a mid-table team. There seems to be a lot of people having success with a narrow 4-4-2 diamond so I may look at that as an option.

Hendon 2013/2014 League 2 Season Review

Well after the transfers I made during the summer I felt quite confident of a good campaign as we had a much stronger starting XI then we did last year but also my backup players were of a much better quality for this division. However I did think we'd only push for promotion through the play offs so to have finished the season in 3rd position I really am delighted as it's a massive achievement & improvement from last season, as I mentioned Yeovil were also the leagues biggest improvers after they finished 22nd last year but finished 4th this season so go into the play offs. I guess what this shows is with a few tweaks with playing staff etc you really can make big improvements over the course of one summer, feels quite good knowing it can be done as I was quite worried going into last summer having no money and no wage budget but still managed to get the job done.

The highlight outside of the league was our triumph in the Johnstones paint trophy where we beat Crewe in the final for the first silverware of my career. Infact when you look at our route to the final you can see we have beat League 1 teams Swansea, Oxford, Millwall and then Crewe whilst also beating the winners of league 2 Cambridge so it has to go down as a very tough route to have taken, albeit we got lucky with 2 penalty shoouts and then the lucky 90th minute winner against Crewe in the final, but getting some luck against bigger teams is needed I feel.

On the player side of things I think the big improvement of Shane Duffy in defence this season helped no end in our upturn in going from one of the worst defences last season into the best defence this season. A part can also be given to goalkeeper Declan Tierney who has really progressed this season from the raw 17 year old potential into a goalkeeper who can call the place his own, I should note though if I can add a more experienced goalkeeper to my squad next season he will be on the bench so his progress can not be rushed so much.

In terms of goals for the team it was largely down to young Danish striker Nikola Saric who practically single handedly fired us to promotion and cup glory this season, he was a great addition to the squad and I feel totally confident the ex Liverpool youngster will score goals in league one also.

However the best player I feel for my team has to be Frenchman Jean-Pierre Lenormand who became my defensive midfielder this season and really made the position his own, not only did the youngster win many tackles game after game to protect my defence but he also chipped in with 7 league goals and 5 assists to give him my player of the season.

Final league 2 table

Player stats for league & cup games

No blue icon but it has the white arrow pointing downwards on the folder and when you move the mouse over the icon it tells me the number of posts in the thread

Ah yes on the left of the title? But it's not that one I'm talking about. I used to see a bluish icon on the far right side of the title, which shows me I've written in that thread. They are all gone now.

Promotion!! Tonny 4-2 welling Miller is my hero!!

Congrats! :thup:

Ah yes on the left of the title? But it's not that one I'm talking about. I used to see a bluish icon on the far right side of the title, which shows me I've written in that thread. They are all gone now.

This seems to have disappeared ever since that evening a couple of days ago when there were forum problems and they took the boards down for a while for maintenance.

This seems to have disappeared ever since that evening a couple of days ago when there were forum problems and they took the boards down for a while for maintenance.

Ah so I am not crazy :) annoying they are gone. It makes it harder to see which threads I follow :D

I've got a save on 24 June, just need to give it a couple of tries to see which is the lowest rep to come up. Also I only got the blue sq. North and South not the Isthmian League Premier Division. Have i done something wrong. I hope not, can't be bothered going through another hour of holidaying the 2009/2010 season

Can't seem to get any money bids for my players even though they are wanted by league clubs, only ever get £0k offers with a sell on fee which doesn't really help especially considering some of these players are definate league 2 quality so should get some kind of a fee.

In desperate need of a tactical shift. We are again down in the relegation places despite having what on paper looks like at the very least a mid-table team. There seems to be a lot of people having success with a narrow 4-4-2 diamond so I may look at that as an option.

I currently playing a kind of 4-5-1 with some success, flat back four, two central mids and then AMR/AML/AMC with a lone striker

Ive found that if your form looks like its going to dip a bit, to go defensive from the outset of games and try and get a draw or two to get back on track, I seem to be having a good season defensively so far, with 7 clean sheets from 12 games thus far using this tactic.

Good luck turning the form around!

I had a lot of issues with tactics at the start of the season but due to the fact that most of my players had IQs lower than their age I turned it round and kept it simple. Went back to a simple 4-4-2 and the points started flowing. I guess it is all about finding the right players for each position and my players just suited a simple 4-4-2.

I have always found playing wide to help though and have the touchline shout "Clear Ball to the Flanks" on. I seem to be able to break with my wingers and then find through balls to my strikers.

Oh fantastic, when you're struggling nothing seems to go your way, 2-1 down away at Alfreton, my CB Iqbal goes in with a rash two footed tackle and gets himself a straight red, his CB partner Russell Short then goes and argues with the ref, earning himself a second yellow and gets sent off also! So I lose 50% of my defence in one passage of play, awesome.

And OMG, I've salvaged a 2-2 draw :D

Two red, salvage job!

I currently playing a kind of 4-5-1 with some success, flat back four, two central mids and then AMR/AML/AMC with a lone striker

Ive found that if your form looks like its going to dip a bit, to go defensive from the outset of games and try and get a draw or two to get back on track, I seem to be having a good season defensively so far, with 7 clean sheets from 12 games thus far using this tactic.

Good luck turning the form around!

Thats the way! Reds always seem to crop up at the most annoying moment for me :(

I've had 1 red so far and that was after 20 minutes. I was away to Braintree who were 4th in the league, I was 21st. Somehow my team scraped a 1-0 win! Seems losing a man can galvanize the team!

Season 2015/16 Review - Kingstonian in the Coca-Cola League 2

League Table

Past Positions

Promoted! Another shaky start got me worried as I had strengthened the team in last year's problem areas, but it turned out to be something temporary and we hovered around 2nd/1st for most of the season. Securing promotion with a few rounds left unfortunately seemed to have a negative effect on the players resulting in a 4 draw + 1 loss end to the season, enabling Bournemouth to pass and snatch the title. Worryingly still leaking way too many goals, but for now Dempsey seems to make up for it.

FA Cup | League Cup | Johnstone's Paint Trophy

Poor even by recent years' standard, but once again money from an away tie, so I'm not very disappointed after all.

Squad

Dempsey as ridiculously good as ever, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to keep him. Intense transfer rumours have kept him unsettled for most of the season and he didn't much appreciate me turning down an offer from Dundee Utd. Waitt and Bauzá would probably be the other highlights, scoring and assisting by very respectable numbers.

Transfers

An aging Olivier Kapo turned out to be way too slow to work on the wing, but proved a useful deep-lying playmaker once retrained for a central role. Still problematically inconsistent and in the end overshadowed by less reputable teammates like Dean Sinclair. Yado Mambo slotted right into central defence and Tansey proved a good alternative to Kapo/Sinclair, while Heffernan is more of a backup/prospect for the future. Szamotulski is however retiring at the end of the season, so unless I can find a new GK I might have to throw him off the deep end and hope he copes.

Aim for next season: Stay up, keep Dempsey / find Dempsey replacement.

Season     Team           League               Finished  Achievements
2010/11    Kingstonian    Blue Square South    4th       -
2011/12    Kingstonian    Blue Square South    1st       Champions, Promotion
2012/13    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier  3rd       FA Trophy winners
2013/14    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier  3rd       Promotion through playoffs
2014/15    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 2   8th       -
2015/16    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 2   2nd       Promotion

Hendon 2014/2015 League One Preview

Well I went into the transfer window with a few players I was happy to sell and hopefully raise some cash, also I had around £6kpw to play with in terms of wages so felt confident of signing a few free transfers that would walk straight into my side, actually felt more confident this summer then I did last year. After the number of signings I have made I think it's best to simply list my players for my first team as it will show just how much we have improved this summer with these signings.

GK Declan Tierney

DR Samir Antona Free transfer this summer after being released by Auxerre

DL Dimitar Ruychev Had him since the first season in Blue square north

DC Allesandro Tuia Free signing this summer after being released by Lazio, his trial is here

DC Vincent Pringent Free signing this summer after being released by AS Saint-Etienne

MC Jean-Pierre Lenormand

MC Guillaume David Free signing this summer after being released by RC Lens

AML Danny Rose Free signing this summer after being released by Tottenham Hotspur

AMR Elvis Pereira Loan signing from Chelsea

AMC Nikola Saric

FC Jonathan Obika Free signing this summer after being released by Tottenham Hotspur

Full squad list can be seen here and with the squad quality we have I feel we can avoid relegation, will be very tough to get promoted as there are some very strong teams but we did beat 3 of the top 5 teams last year on our way to winning the Johnstones paint trophy so hopefully that is a good sign.

3 goals away at Old Trafford is pretty impressive scab

Yeah we had a penalty and an injury time goal in addition to a bit of a fortuitous deflection, but unfortunately the game was already all but over by then after letting in 6. :o

I've had 1 red so far and that was after 20 minutes. I was away to Braintree who were 4th in the league, I was 21st. Somehow my team scraped a 1-0 win! Seems losing a man can galvanize the team!

Haha, your setting them to hard tackling after they get a yellow now then *giggle*

With the preseason friendlies out of the way I felt fairly optimistic of our chances in the league.

Oh boy was I wrong...

The first sign was a crushing 3-6 defeat to Northwich.

The second was that the next 5 games were 4 draws and another loss with the player instructions apparently being 'give ball to unmarked opponent forward' and 'give away penalties right, left and centre'...

Finally to top this pile of misery, I get this.

Yay for me! :(

Hendon 2014/2015 League One Preview

Well I went into the transfer window with a few players I was happy to sell and hopefully raise some cash, also I had around £6kpw to play with in terms of wages so felt confident of signing a few free transfers that would walk straight into my side, actually felt more confident this summer then I did last year. After the number of signings I have made I think it's best to simply list my players for my first team as it will show just how much we have improved this summer with these signings.

GK Declan Tierney

DR Samir Antona Free transfer this summer after being released by Auxerre

DL Dimitar Ruychev Had him since the first season in Blue square north

DC Allesandro Tuia Free signing this summer after being released by Lazio, his trial is here

DC Vincent Pringent Free signing this summer after being released by AS Saint-Etienne

MC Jean-Pierre Lenormand

MC Guillaume David Free signing this summer after being released by RC Lens

AML Danny Rose Free signing this summer after being released by Tottenham Hotspur

AMR Elvis Pereira Loan signing from Chelsea

AMC Nikola Saric

FC Jonathan Obika Free signing this summer after being released by Tottenham Hotspur

Full squad list can be seen here and with the squad quality we have I feel we can avoid relegation, will be very tough to get promoted as there are some very strong teams but we did beat 3 of the top 5 teams last year on our way to winning the Johnstones paint trophy so hopefully that is a good sign.

Vincent Prigent and Jean Pierre both look very handy mate good luck :)

Season 2015/16 Review - Kingstonian in the Coca-Cola League 2

League Table

Past Positions

Promoted! Another shaky start got me worried as I had strengthened the team in last year's problem areas, but it turned out to be something temporary and we hovered around 2nd/1st for most of the season. Securing promotion with a few rounds left unfortunately seemed to have a negative effect on the players resulting in a 4 draw + 1 loss end to the season, enabling Bournemouth to pass and snatch the title. Worryingly still leaking way too many goals, but for now Dempsey seems to make up for it.

FA Cup | League Cup | Johnstone's Paint Trophy

Poor even by recent years' standard, but once again money from an away tie, so I'm not very disappointed after all.

Squad

Dempsey as ridiculously good as ever, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to keep him. Intense transfer rumours have kept him unsettled for most of the season and he didn't much appreciate me turning down an offer from Dundee Utd. Waitt and Bauzá would probably be the other highlights, scoring and assisting by very respectable numbers.

Transfers

An aging Olivier Kapo turned out to be way too slow to work on the wing, but proved a useful deep-lying playmaker once retrained for a central role. Still problematically inconsistent and in the end overshadowed by less reputable teammates like Dean Sinclair. Yado Mambo slotted right into central defence and Tansey proved a good alternative to Kapo/Sinclair, while Heffernan is more of a backup/prospect for the future. Szamotulski is however retiring at the end of the season, so unless I can find a new GK I might have to throw him off the deep end and hope he copes.

Aim for next season: Stay up, keep Dempsey / find Dempsey replacement.

Season     Team           League               Finished  Achievements
2010/11    Kingstonian    Blue Square South    4th       -
2011/12    Kingstonian    Blue Square South    1st       Champions, Promotion
2012/13    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier  3rd       FA Trophy winners
2013/14    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier  3rd       Promotion through playoffs
2014/15    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 2   8th       -
2015/16    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 2   2nd       Promotion

Top season yet again well done!

Heffernan looks like he would be a big risk to me, not great technically and very young for a first team spot.... interested too see how he gets on if you do use him :)

The only worry I have is that Lenormand is coming into the last year of his contract and wants £400pw more then I can offer him, trying to sort it out now but would be absolutely gutted to lose him, hopefully I can sort a deal out soon so he signs a new contract

Archived