dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, Going to give this a go, never got time to start this in 09 so this will be my very 1st attempt

The Lucky Team is Kings Lynn, would have liked Durham but after losing count of reloads i gave up,

Manager Profile

Team Info

Predicted 16th so could have been worse, £0 Transfer Budget as expected and a Wage Budget of £4.3k

Time to Wheel and Deal,

BSN Watch out, The Linnets are Coming :D

Well going into the 4th season my board still don't want a parent club, shame as it is holding us back greatly, financially it's getting very very hard to find players when you are given a wage budget £10k a week and already spend £11.3k on a tiny squad with few players good enough to push for promotion from League 2. Doesn't help with poor training facilities the youngsters I buy with potential stop progressing pretty early it seems.

Really building up a fixture backlog.

Had a FA Trophy match drawn, pushed a match back. The replay was postponed, pushed another game back. Lost that game 4-1. One of my catchup games, been postponed (although another game of the 4 being played was postponed, at Barrow)

Exactly the same here, after christmas I played on 1,3,5 & 8 January! 4 games in a week with an already small squad isn't good for results. I haven't had any cup matches replayed or postponed though, I think it must just be bad scheduling by the league.

Exactly the same here, after christmas I played on 1,3,5 & 8 January! 4 games in a week with an already small squad isn't good for results. I haven't had any cup matches replayed or postponed though, I think it must just be bad scheduling by the league.

Luckily I am in February. Am just above the drop zone, but have games in hand, either 1 or 2 games in hand, on teams around me. Also helps that two teams have gone into administration this season (Darlington and Fleetwood). Funny if Darlington got relegated to the BSN with a 25k all seater stadium:D

Gypsum's King's Lynn - End of season update - 2011/12

Blue square premier - 2nd place - Playoff winners

League graph

Squad info;

General squad info

Transfers

Key players;

Craig Rodger - ST - Our star man yet again. A real force up front, Rodger was the BSP top scorer and a contender for player of the year. His winning goal in the playoff final capped an excellent season where he scored 33 goals, created 18 with 10 MoM awards and a 7.33 rating. Already a favourite at King's Lynn, Rodger now has 60 goals in his two seasons at the club and amazingly has never suffered an injury, allowing him to make 94 appearances so far.

Matt Taylor - DC - A rock at the back, Taylor was a key signing this season. Signed on a free after leaving Exeter, Taylor made 44 appearances for us this term with a 7.24 rating.

Danny Butterfield - DR - An excellent addition for us at right-back. His experience and well-roundedness helped shore up a young, inexperienced side.

Dominic Green -AMRL - A loan signing from our Premiership parent club Peterborough, Green to a while to get started but became an invaluable part of our promotion campaign. His speed and skill down the wing was exceptional at this level as he racked up 22 assists this season.

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSN                 2nd                      Playoff winners
2011/12       BSP                 2nd                      Playoff winners

Yeah, Kingstonian turned professional at the start of this first League 2 season.

I've left the training as-is on the defaults. I don't bother with it as long as the players are only part-time and instead focus on minimizing injuries by keeping the training load low. Once I get everyone over on full-time contracts I'll start tinkering with it.

Just want to check a few things, as i'm new to these forums and as a result the challenge. When you put your manager on holiday until 25 June, does that take out the 2009/2010 season so bascially you start in the 2010/2011 season (at work so can't remember the dates you normally start)

First attempt at this challenge, going to play as Tooting & Mitcham!

The transfers screen where you can see players that have been released on frees is awsome, either i didnt find that on FM08 or it wasnt there :D

I do find it is pretty slow tho, once clicking on a player and then clicking back to the list and a shame their doesnt seem to be any kind of filtering system to to it.

Also where is this transfer screen of released players? I can't find it?

Just want to check a few things, as i'm new to these forums and as a result the challenge. When you put your manager on holiday until 25 June, does that take out the 2009/2010 season so bascially you start in the 2010/2011 season (at work so can't remember the dates you normally start)

Yes, thats right. You skip the 09/10 season so that the promotions and relegations can take place, and then you can take control of a previously unplayable team. :thup:

Yes, thats right. You skip the 09/10 season so that the promotions and relegations can take place, and then you can take control of a previously unplayable team. :thup:

Which are the ones in the list on the first page, yes? Sorry if i'm asking the bleeding obvious but just want to make sure i'm right.

Which are the ones in the list on the first page, yes? Sorry if i'm asking the bleeding obvious but just want to make sure i'm right.

That's right, yes. It will normally be the teams with the highest reputation, so have a look at the league table for the BSS or BSN, and you should be able to pick out which teams have been promoted!

Hendon 2013/2014 League 2 Pre-Season Review

Well after being right down in the bottom 5 for all of last season I really went into this summer's transfer window determined to be ruthless and remove those in my squad who simply were not good enough & replace them with some real quality players who can help the club push up the table. The biggest change I have made is switching from the 4132 that got me promoted from BSN & BSP in 2 seasons and going with a 41221 formation with AMR & AML to provide the ammunition for a loan striker.

The key to this decision was that I feel my central midfielders to be better then last year and I don't feel the need to swamp the central area in hope of breaking teams down so decided we can afford to be slightly more aggressive and play wider across the pitch in a bid to stretch teams better and contain possession better in order to avoid us being under so much preassure as we were last season.

Coming into the club were 14 players of which 3 were loan signings to give me some more backup to my first team squad, again we had no money to spend so every transfer was for nothing (although the screenshot shows a player signing for £1k the deal was £0k & 50% sell on fee). The best signing I feel is a young French regen called Jean-Pierre Lenormand who signed on a bosman after being released by AS Saint-Etienne in the summer. He will be partnered in central midfield by fellow new signings Ross Rioch (released by Hearts) and fellow Frenchman Florian Moulet (Released by Marseille).

We also signed a 3rd Frenchman in centre back Mathieu Galvan who was also released by Marseille in the summer. We kept up our raid on the foreign leagues by trialling various players and opting to sign four more Danish youngsters to give the squad some width as we had a very narrow minded squad due to the previous tactic we used.

My hopes are to finish mid table this season, I certainly feel more confident at this stage then I did last year as we have concluded our transfers before the first game and I feel the squad has far more talent in it and depth.

Transfers

Trials

Bedford Town Pre Season

A busy 6 weeks or so for new manager Craig Jones both on and off the pitch. Off the pitch Jones quickly brought in his new backroom team to support him in the season to come, the main aquisition being ex player Adrian Littlejohn, who became assistant manager. Although he has no experience in management, Jones has put his faith in him, only time will tell if this gamble pays off.

New signings came flying in as Jones strengthened his squad with no less than 10 players, giving the side plenty of depth aswell as hopefully a couple of key players to give the side some much needed firepower. Upfront was the main area of concern, Jones only had 2 strikers, neither were good enough. 4 new strikers arrived at the club, and the signings of Andy Atkin and Christiano Kisuka really excited the fans when they were unveiled in a joint press conference. Hopefully these two can form a formidable strike partnership for the club.

On the field Bedford played 3 friendlies to prerpare for the season, the first a 1-0 defeat at home to cambridge which was played by a side mainly made up of trialists. With a few more signings at the club when Bedford played Barrow in their 2nd game Jones was expecting a better performance from his side, which they delivered even though again they lost 1-0. Bedford dominated the 2nd half but were just unable to break down the premier divisions defence. The final friendly saw a near full house down at the New Eyrie to see premier league Birmingham send their reserve side. The side was a mixture of first team squad players and youth players. After a scoreless first half Birmingham opened the scoring shortly after the break. Jones made a couple of substitutions and sent on another striker much to the delight of the home fans. In the 92nd minute Bedford equalised, and sent the bumper crowd wild. A fantastic team peformance infront of nearly 3000 people a week before the season starts, a great way to get prepared for the season ahead.

With the local media predicting a 21st placed finish for Bedford the aim is purely to avoid relegation, but with a few shrewd moves in the summer by Jones, and promise in pre-season a higher placed finish wouldn't come as a surprise to those within the club.

Safety is secured with 4 games to spare. Lets get some positive results out of them, and I might try out a few different players on the last game, but not before as my next 3 games are against 2nd, 3rd and 1st. Still can have an influence in who goes up automatically after all as 2 points seperate those three teams. Thank god I am not in a position where I would have needed results.

Quick update on my first season with Ashton.

4 games left of the season to go. I'm lying outside the play-offs in 6th but only 4 points behind first.

8 points separate the top 9 so this is going to be tight to say the least!

I'll see how it goes. I've printed the list out so if they aren't there the first or second time, i'll choose a different one

don't forget to save on the 24th so you can reload, i reloaded 30 times, only 3 teams were less than 1200 and none under 1050. to get hemel you have to either be very patient or lucky. Alternatively you could holiday several seasons in as some lower rep teams do then appear.

Best of luck for the season Craig, I think we are the only two posting who are managing Bedford so interested too see how you get on, Im 8 games into the season so far :)

Cheers mate, just won my first league game 3-0 should've been more so a good start, but off out now so cant keep up my momentum! Good luck.

don't forget to save on the 24th so you can reload, i reloaded 30 times, only 3 teams were less than 1200 and none under 1050. to get hemel you have to either be very patient or lucky. Alternatively you could holiday several seasons in as some lower rep teams do then appear.

Will do. If they don't then my back up is Bedford as they are the next closest.

If we were starting in the 2009/2010 season then would have chosen AFC Fylde, as that's where i grew up and used to play for the Junior team many moons ago

Will i start unemployed.. or choice one of the clubs? I'm confused :S

I had to question this. Register a random name, start unemployed, go on holiday and wiz through the first season, unemployed and on holiday. Then on the 25 June 2010 retire that one, and add the manager you will then use from now on. Choose one of the teams from the list on page 1 of this thread. And away you go. Posting regular updates etc in here.

You start in the 2010/2011 season as the manager of one of the newly promoted club, one division below the blue sq. premier

Archived