dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dartford - Blue Square South - 2010/11

We were predicted to finish 18th.

League

League Graph

A terrible start, then some good results, but then sometimes they played as they were the worlds greatest, but the game after they played as they were the worst players in the world!

Transfer

Finances – I keep losing money every month and was crap in the FA cup, so no good cup-run for me.

Key Player Profiles:

Kyle Wilson – The best player this season with 25 goals.

Mark Preece – A decent season from Mark Preece.

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square South          13th         -

Next season:

Strengthen Defence og Midfield.

Try to make the playoffs

Try to make some money!

Pre-Season Report

Sutton 2-0 Lewes (BSS)

Sutton 2-1 Burton (L2)

Great Wakering Rovers 0-0 Sutton

Horsham 1-1 Sutton

We dominated all 4 matches but our away form looks slightly dodgy already as we failed to win in both away friendlies against lower league opposition. Altho things look good for the season and i am happy with my squad but i can see our weakness being central defence.

Promotion odds

Boston Utd - Blue Square Premiership - 2010/11

Predicted: 14th

Felt pretty good about this season after signing a lot of youngsters and seemingly having a good tactic in place.

The first result, did nothing to dispel this and proved we had goals in us at very least..

Good first match

He got injured in the next match by the way :(

Unfortunatley our form was the absolute definition of inconsistancy and not until over half the season was through could I find a suitable tactic to gain a run.

No cup runs whatsoever due to the crap form early on.

The we began to recover and my boys up front decided were going to put the ball in the back of the net for me..alot. Which in truth, whilst nice, really now ****es me off knowing I probably could have won the league if these guys had of got this partnership down quicker.

But we gained pace and were clinging on to the play off places come the final match but in the end it was comfortable.

I now (for the first time) know the weird feeling of losing the semi-final play off match..always lost the final in previous games.

Anyway, we didn't turn up in the first match and in the second their pitch was so **** it could have been used for dirt racing.

First Leg

Second Leg

The cold hard, feeling of losing..:rolleyes:

The only thing I'm worried about is the clubs finances which I kinda stretched a tad trying to get a few decent players in their wages. Hopefully they give until next season at least ;)

Anyway here is the rest..

Ins/Outs

Squad

Table

Finances

James Keating - My Player of the Year

Top Scorers BSN

Pre-Season Report

Sutton 2-0 Lewes (BSS)

Sutton 2-1 Burton (L2)

Great Wakering Rovers 0-0 Sutton

Horsham 1-1 Sutton

We dominated all 4 matches but our away form looks slightly dodgy already as we failed to win in both away friendlies against lower league opposition. Altho things look good for the season and i am happy with my squad but i can see our weakness being central defence.

Promotion odds

Great work.

I lost all my pre-season friendlies (although I saw it as a money making opportunity and managed to book friendlies with Man City, Chalton and Sheffield United). Lost them all but managed to make quite a bit of money from them :D

Im interested in hearing about what signings you made though.

Season 2013/14 Review - Kingstonian in the Blue Square Premier

League Table

Past Positions

I guess third time really is a charm—our third playoff in four seasons, and this time we duly delivered. The team looked solid and we were up there fighting for the top spots all season, but newly relegated Mansfield were just too good to get past. I still take some pride in scoring more than any other team in the league by some margin. :)

FA Cup | FA Trophy

Not a cup season to remember, but the Sheff Wed tie got us a nice ~£150K cash boost. :thup:

Squad

Yeah, I know, I have way too many strikers. Bauzá was in ridiculous form this season, scoring 37 goals and setting up an additional 18! He actually held an average of 1 goal scored per game for the first half of the season before injuries and other fitness problems came into the picture. 42 assists just from the wingers will also tell you a thing or two about how most of my attacks are set up.

Transfers

Got a mediocre striker on loan from new parent club Arsenal for reasons I've long since forgotten; it's the last thing I need. The others all played key roles; Stewart, Spring and Sinclair quickly formed a new midfield partnership and Szamotulski did fine to replace Moyes. Oh, right, I sold Moyes for some decent transfer money for a change; I couldn't resist the offer as we were leaking a worrying £25K a month. Hopefully the "50% of next transfer profit" clause will prove fruitful down the line.

Aim for next season: Stay up, obviously. Mainly hoping to attract some better defenders as we're letting in a few too many goals even here on BSP level.

Season     Team           League               Finished  Achievements
2010/11    Kingstonian    Blue Square South    4th       -
2011/12    Kingstonian    Blue Square South    1st       Champions, Promotion
2012/13    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier  3rd       FA Trophy winners
2013/14    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier  3rd       Promotion through playoffs

Great work.

I lost all my pre-season friendlies (although I saw it as a money making opportunity and managed to book friendlies with Man City, Chalton and Sheffield United). Lost them all but managed to make quite a bit of money from them :D

Im interested in hearing about what signings you made though.

I couldn't get any good friendlies this year everyone kept rejecting me

here are my transfers, im guessing people will recognise a few of them

Anyone else in the BSP noticing some wierd players count as homegrown? - The two Bulgarians I signed and all the Scottish players bar Millar count as Nation Grown for some weird reason.

Yeah it seems to be buggy, unless I am just not understanding what its trying to tell me.

I have 7 players out right now, 5 from injury, great way to start the season....

Doubt it, but I have little to no knowledge when it comes to skinning, so maybe ask in the skinning forum.

In good news, my 17 year old Welsh U19 right back, who is a product of my youth system, scored the winner in a 1-0 win vs Chelmsford, after coming off the bench, with a penalty. With a penalty stat of 12, it is little surprise really. See big things for this guy in my side, despite my coaches giving him 2 star potential.

My current league table;

2012table.jpg

A nice run has made us pretty comfortable playoff contenders, but it'll take something special for automatic promotion. I hate playoffs, but hopefully my star striker Craig Rodger can add to his 29 goals this season and pull us through.

Bedford Town F.C (Opening report)

Transfers: My opening transfers were average at best, I wasnt able to compete with other clubs for the good young players coming out of Scotland in particular, they chose other clubs on every occasion :(

Key Player: Neil Ashton My new captain and has started of solidly, my second best signing at left back had a terrific debut getting an assist with a 7.2 rating and then got injured for 3 weeks, he has now followed that up with another for 2 months .... happy days

Results: My 2 friendlies seemed to go well, I held Cambridge to a 3-3 draw in a thrilling game where it could have gone either way, as they are a BSP team I was impressed. I then beat Gainsborough 2-1 so all was on track.

I then lost my opening 3 games of the season and the first two were tight leaving me feeling like I deserved alot better, a bore draw at Gainsborough has resulted in a little spurt of form, winning my last two games and climbing too 12th

Tonbridge Angles 2010-2011 BSS

Well we started the season conceding to many but score quite a few, we sat in 8th place for a while, the things started going down hill. A middle of the season slump saw us fall to near the bottom of the table, and we never really re-gained the form we saw earlier on in the season. Towards the end of the season we managed to stop leaking goals but then couldn't score in a brothel and we had many 0-0 or 1-1 draws.

Final Position: 18th

Cup runs: Never really got going, so nothing really to comment on here, knocked out in the 2nd qualifying round of the fa cup, dissapointing.

Finances: Again struggled, 120,000 in the red, never good.

Tranfers

Key players: None. Really we we're pretty poor all over, need a big overhaul next year, get rid of the dead wood.

Summary: Not a great first season but atleast we managed to avoid the drop. Need to strengthen all over next year, but being optimistic, promotion push.

Hm? How does this thing work? Free money? :confused:

I seem to believe that when Premier Leage clubs are relegated they receive what is known as 'parachute payments' from the Premier League, these payments are to try and help ease the financial burden on clubs who are relegated and thus no longer receiving Premiership money, they last for upto three seasons, if the clubs gains promotion before the end of these three seasons the parachute payments are divided out across the football league.

At least I think I'm right with that, someone else ITK feel free to correct me on that.

Cheers matey. It really was depressing, my striker at the start of the season couldnt stop scoring, banging in 15 in 21, he finished the season with 17, dont know what happened to him haha Kyle wilson really did not live up to my expectations, only scoring 6 all season, couldnt believe it. Good luck to you fella.

Now on 43 games, got a couple of wins to put us just 3 points behind league leaders York and Cambridge. Unfortunately a 2-1 win over Woking was a battle (quite expected as i'm an Aldershot fan!) which, in addition to a couple of short term injuries, has ruled one half of my awesome strike partnership, James Keatings, out for 3-4 weeks. I've got a decent striker on loan from Peterborough, but he blows hot and cold. Hopefully he'll step up for our title push...

So we've had a mixed start to our debut season in the BSP - we are 9th after six games, having won 3, drawn 1 and lost 2 - we beat the favourites Wrexham 2-0 at home, but then followed it with a 4-2 away defeat to Ebbsfleet - the fitness of my team is a real problem we just cannot play two matches in a week.

Things weren't helped by the takeover taking all summer, leaving me with just three weeks to find some new right wingers and some cover upfront - I wasn't helped by the fact that no decent players seem interested in playing for me at all, luckily I managed to bring in several players at the end of last season before the embargo took place to shore up the defensive positions, I haven't managed to find any strikers though so if Keatings or Fitzharris get injured I'll be in trouble :(

I seem to believe that when Premier Leage clubs are relegated they receive what is known as 'parachute payments' from the Premier League, these payments are to try and help ease the financial burden on clubs who are relegated and thus no longer receiving Premiership money, they last for upto three seasons, if the clubs gains promotion before the end of these three seasons the parachute payments are divided out across the football league.

At least I think I'm right with that, someone else ITK feel free to correct me on that.

£20m over 3 years iirc.

Barring a miracle I have lost out on the BSP title. Our epic final run sees us 2nd, just 3 points behind Cambridge with one game remaining. Our goal difference is superior, but we need to beat 8th placed Wrexham while Cambridge have to lose to bottom of the league and already relegated Welling. I'm tempted to rest my players for the playoffs, but you never know what could happen!

...well I won, but so did Cambridge. So i'll be facing the playoffs.

I've started over again. This time opting for Billericay Town and so far have found myself performing much better in the transfer market and building what should be a far better squad than the one I had at Tonbridge. I will include my initial profile screenshot with my end of season report.

Potentially brilliant goalkeeper - Luke Bennett. Unfortunately he's 17 and requires compensation if I snap him up :( Going to keep tabs on him for the future.

Really beginning to enjoy FM now - learning so many new details of the game i never knew about before.

After our devastating season debut with a loss 5-0 we have picked our self up after applying to different tactics; one home, one away.

things are looking bright but im not fooling my self, anything can happen really only through 1/3 of the season

26 games through the season we sit in 19th place, still not that worried about relegation as we are playing pretty well but not getting results go our way, only worry really is the amount of goals we are conceeding so will try to fix that throughout the season ready for next years attempt at trying to get promotion from league 2.

Well we're safe with 3 games left of the season, have mixed opinions because we really haven't had much luck with injuries that have ripped the squad apart for nearly the entire campaign, infact I think we have only been able to play our best XI for around 10 games of this season which is really bad considering how my backup players aren't really that good for league 2. Therefore the struggle we found ourselves in hasn't surprised me a big deal, the bonus points are we are no longer in debt, although we only have £32k in the bank it is a positive side that the cup game against Sunderland helped us a fair bit in finances.

Will post some screenshots when the season ends, have a big job this summer and hopefully my wage budget will increase so I can upgrade my squad enough to push up the table next season, the bonus of course is that my squad is very young so will improve every week so come the start of next season we will definately be stronger then we were at the start of this season.

Annihilator666 - Hednesford Town - Season 10/11 - Blue Square North

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Squad - Hednesdford Squad

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Nathan Edwards

Records - Overall Records | Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

Competition History - Past League Positions | Full Competitions History

Survival was the goal at the start of the season, so I should be happy with a 16th place finish. But things could have been a lot better, with the team sitting mid-table with 11 leagues games left in the season. A run of 1 win, 3 draws and 7 losses in those last 11 matches put a dent in any hopes of pushing for a playoff spot or finishing in the top-half of the table.

In the end 16th place probably didn't do the team justice, but overall the players did well and I'll be looking to push on in the new season.

No notable cup runs to speak of. Knocked out in the 3rd qual. round of the FA cup, and out at the first attempt in the FA trophy.

Hendon 2012/2013 League 2 Season Review

Well as I previously mentioned we have avoided relegation, quite comfortably in the end as we were 11 points clear which is what I thought roughly we'd be as the season went on. The squad was too thin, whilst I was reasonly happy my first XI was good enough to be mid table and even fight for the play offs if things went our way my backup players really are pretty poor for this league so we suffered badly from injuries throughout the season.

There were a few positives in my new partnership upfront scored 37 competetive goals between them which gives me hope they are both good enough for me next season, the downside is we simply conceeded so many goals this year and nothing I did altered the fact my defenders simply let themselves down badly time & time again. I will look to improve on my defenders this summer as they simply haven't improved as the season went on, I can only assume due to my training facilities not allowing this to happen.

League Table

Player Stats For Season

I'm through to the playoff final after beating Aldershot 2-1 on aggregate in two very tight encounters. It's also nice to be playing in front of 5000+ people rather than the average of 1500. Now we face Mansfield in the final. They were top of the league for most of the season, but when we beat them 2-1 at their ground they hit a bit of a slump. Hopefully we can add to their misery!

Good work in the semi final Gypsum, must have been tough as an Aldershot fan though!! :D

Very tough! When i'm in the Premiership i'll make sure to loan them a few players to make up for it!

I'm 1-0 up at half time in the Playoff final. A solid performance so far and a nice goal by my main man Craig Rodger...

...despite some late pressure, including Mansfield hitting the post on 86 minutes, we held out to win 1-0 in front of 38,000 fans at Wembley. So King's Lynn are in League 2!

Archived