dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn, promotion to the BSP but no extra allowance for coaches or scouts :(

Could have done with a goalkeeper coach.

The board have allowed me 6 coaches and 4 scouts on promotion :D

Though one thing I didn't notice until one of my new coaches walked out on me a month into the job is that if you sign someone, a one year contract is now until the end of the current season, so a coach I signed in May 2010 left in June 2010 and won't come back :(

If he last played for a club that you can scout then your fine, if not then you shouldn't be playing him.

He wasnt playing for any club, he was on a free. In fact looking at his history he hasnt played for a club since 2004. The thing is i cant remember if he was scoutable or not. Normally with any non UK nationals i take them on a trail just to be on the safe side even if they are scoutable but i seem to have not done this with him and so have no idea if i should have been able to sign him or not.

It seems kinda harsh however to have to start the entire challange again due to one player esp when i am near the end of the season and currently am in the FA Trophy Final and 1st ins the BSS :(

Dafuge can you give me a ruling on this please so i know what i should do.

Many Thanks

Just beat Championship side Fulham who were dropped last season.

Need to get a good draw for some cash we have started maxing out on attendance and I think we could be looking at expansion or maybe even a new stadium, just over 400k in the bank.

AI should learn to not to yell at players at half time when on the road.

Yes! Got west ham away, that should be some good money.

Damn, promotion to the BSP but no extra allowance for coaches or scouts :(

Could have done with a goalkeeper coach.

Same here. I'm in the BSP with 2 coaches and 2 scouts. My finances aren't too bad, but I suppose the club just doesn't expect us to do too well!

Played 2 games in my BSS league. Lost the first one 2-0 away to Welling but won the second one 1-0 at home to Salsbury.

Need a backup goalkeeper asap still... but I think I can start moving forwards with my squad.

I found that a boat load of my players left after their contracts ran out (of which I was unaware) - but most of them weren't going to make the first team anyway so not a big deal I suppose - something to look out for next season though.

He wasnt playing for any club, he was on a free. In fact looking at his history he hasnt played for a club since 2004. The thing is i cant remember if he was scoutable or not. Normally with any non UK nationals i take them on a trail just to be on the safe side even if they are scoutable but i seem to have not done this with him and so have no idea if i should have been able to sign him or not.

It seems kinda harsh however to have to start the entire challange again due to one player esp when i am near the end of the season and currently am in the FA Trophy Final and 1st ins the BSS :(

Dafuge can you give me a ruling on this please so i know what i should do.

Many Thanks

It sounds like you have made an honest mistake since it was you who pointed it out. I suggest that you sell him for nothing (or release him) and then just carry on.

It sounds like you have made an honest mistake since it was you who pointed it out. I suggest that you sell him for nothing (or release him) and then just carry on.

KK

better get prepared for some serious Fan backlash, they love that guy :D

Hmm i seem to have made a mistake.

Viktor Hall

who is playing awsome for me at the moment. It seems that i did not offer him a trail before signing, i guess i ws trailing so many people i musta pressed wrong button or something i dont know.

But anyways the point is how much of an issue it this in reference to the challange. do i need to start again or what?

Well Anyone who is just starting i recomend taking a look at this guy :D but not making the same mistke i did. But he will do you proud.

Cardio's (Tonbridge) Angels - 2010/11

We were predicted to finish 20th and get relegated, so I knew work had to be done.

Transfers

Alot of signings were made and it pretty much paid off, we stayed up and picking up form (well, Sigere did!)

League Table

We had a pretty much awful start and took nine games to kick start our season - once we did that, we had our points where we stuttered but I was impressed with the squad itself as we survived relegation.

FA Trophy - We thumped North Leigh three-nil but despite dominating fellow relegation candidates Carshalton, we struggled attackingly and paid for it when they scored with less than 10 minutes to go.

FA Cup - This one I was really not pleased with. I actually thought someone out there had it in for me when this finished. They scored a free-kick from the edge of the box which I though "fair enough" to and then he steps up and smashes home a 40 yard free-kick!

Key Players:

Shaun Allaway - The goalkeeper was one of my first signings and played every match. He was solid for most of the time and was generally a good player.

David Barnard - The veteran left back signed for nothing and was great. He scored a few free-kick and took set pieces; his only problem was he was slow.

Scott Gooding - Was the rock of the defence and even chipped in with a few goals. Great season for him.

Fabio Ferreira - A late arrival to the squad and performed well when he played. Should be excellent next season hopefully.

Michal Dolinajec - The young Slovakian was excellent and averaged 7.10 throughout the season. Was an excellent player in the AMC and generally performed well.

Jean-Michel Sigere - The Frenchman who was originally at the club when I arrived had a shaky start - much like the rest of us - but when his form picked up, he was amazing. 18 goals was an excellent gift for us but I fear he may be past it for next season.

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square South          16th         -

Viktor Hall isn't in my game so he probably retired after nobody signed him, this new GH academy is pretty annoying as I had a few targets that wouldn't sign for me when we were in BSP but are interested now we are in league 2 but they signed for the academy and they now want 200k for each player :(

Darn, failed to beat rival Cambridge United for the first time at home, had beat them the last three meetings, I think the fans will forgive me since we had another great FA cup run.

Sitting in 12th in L2 and its still february, all signs point to me not going down at least.

Oh forgot we are on a 10 game unbeaten run, sadly only a couple wins during that time, we seem to be able to get atleast one goal in every away game, the problem is we are giving them up waaaay to easy.

Merthyr - Season 10/11 - BSS

We started off well with a good number of wins and finished 3rd. We lost in the Playoff Final and in all probably should have been automatically promoted, but we just crumbled and tired in the latter half of the season.

My aim for next season is to end up promoted and sign another striker, that can help Griff, who actually had 32 goals in 32 league games at one point!

Transfers

Squad

I'd do a better update, but just want to concentrate on playing the game, especially when there was nothing of note to update about.

FC United of Manchester - Blue Square South - 2010/2011

We were predicted to finish rock bottom this season but made a good start and I made some decent signings so we were never in danger of even dropping out of the top half.

Squad

Key Players:

Sam Ashton - may have had a more impressive 'conceded' total if I had not gone with an all-out-attack tactic which saw us concede a few cheap goals on the break. Made some vital saves.

Simon Garner - Another surviver of the original squad and proved a very able left-back, bombed forward and chipped in with a couple of assists.

Adam Tong - The only centre-back who held down his position for the whole season and another member of the original squad.

Nick Main - One of my best signings, moved quickly after he was released by Rangers and he impressed. 6 assists and 5 goals a decent return but expecting more next season from him.

Kyle Wilson - By a distance our player of the season. Very reliable goalscorer who has scored 37 goals before the play-offs and I'm hoping he can continue it to get us promoted.

League Table - We were top going into the last day but could only manage a draw, where Hayes won to take the promotion spot.

FA Cup - decent run ended by league 1 MK Dons. We did beat League 2 Accrington on the way which was good.

Play-offs to follow..

haha quality, we have a throw in just past our own area, the full back throws it back to my centre back who decides to smash it out for a corner when the nearest striker was midway to the halfway line and nowhere near him. Surprise surprise they score from the corner, oh the joy!

Well Hall is currently injured so no one even wants him on a free, not gonna release him as he has a fair bit of time on his contract so will cost me a packet, so as soon as he is uninjured will offer him again, if that acceptable.

Anyways Season over and oh my what a season, full report to follow shortly

Well we just played Sunderland in the cup and got hammered 7-0, I did think about parking the bus but thought sod it and kept the same very attacking tactic I use, unfortunately we had a defender sent off in the first 10 minutes and crumbled after that. However we did earn around £400k from the game and go from being in debt to having £132k in the bank, yay to cup games!

Ok.... I might be a bit late... Being as i am from near Southend United. I naturally wanted Canvey Island to pop up. This team are about 5 minutes down the road from me! Naturally after doing all the neccesary... Who should pop up but.... http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3823/canvey.png

They turned up first time!!!

Going to give this a good go now :)

Hendon end of transfer window for 2012/2013 season in League 2

Well I wasn't that confident going into this season as I felt my squad was massively under-staffed and not good enough to compete in league 2 so planned to make big changes, however because we were just over £200k in debt the board gave me £0k budget with a wage budget that I was already £200pw over so had absolutely no chance in making the changes I wanted.

However I did manage to get rid of a few players and raised £55k from player sales before signing free transfers and managing to bring 3 players in on loan. The highlight of these transfers was centre back Shane Duffy who I signed on a bosman from Millwall and he goes straight into the first team. I also signed 21 year old Danish striker Nikola Saric after he was released from Liverpool and he too goes into my first team to partner last seasons top goalscorer Harsanyi as my 2 strikers.

Also incoming were 18 year old regen Richard Connelly who my scouts believe has league 1 potential and I've loaned him to feeder club Horsham who play in the BSS this season in hope he can get a few minutes in the first team there. I also signed another young goalkeeper, this time it was a young Danish regen called Dennis Nellemoes who was released by AFG in Denmark, he has actually made 5 youth caps for Denmark already and also is rated as having league 1 potential.

I raded another young Danish regen in the form of attacking midfielder Robin Knudsen who was released by Aalborg, Robin has also represented the Danish youth side already but only has 1 cap, Robin only has the potential to be a leader star for a league 2 side but seeing as I fear we will struggle I think building for next season is a good idea and hope he will progress into a player that can be a big star for me next season if we stay in league 2.

Lastly I finally managed to bring some loan players, Norwich accepted loan offers for both Jamie Carter (centre back) and Dough Knowles (central midfield), thankfully both accepted and will compete for starting places in the team. The last loan signing was Cardiffs Richard Hughes (central midfield) who will go into my first team straight away as we seem quite weak in that area this season. All 3 of these players are regens and rated as potential league 1 standard potential with league 2 standard ability currently so hopefully will help me stay in this league.

Knudsen Trial

Nellemoes Trial

Transfer Window Activity

Nuneaton Town - Blue Square North- Season 1

League:

The league didn't go to well and there was never much hope of me meeting the boards target of reaching the playoffs. Around November I was being threatened with the sack and that continued until about March when we went on a good run. However we fell short and lost the last 3 games of the season finishing in 11th.

FA Cup:

2nd Qualifying Round: Evesham (A) Lost 2-1

A poor performance against lower league opposition and we ended up crashing out. Midfielder Josh Craddock being sent off didn't help our cause but our one chance of earning some good money was gone

FA Trophy:

3rd Qualifying Round: Bromley (A) Won 2-1

1st Round: Grays (A) Lost 1-0

Another poor cup run but this time we were knocked out by a Blue Square Premier side so not too many complaints, however it was a game we could have won.

Transfers:

Almost bought a whole new squad of free agents this season and spent quite a lot on wages in the process plunging the club into lots of debt without me realising :o. The annoying one was most of them flopped but my favourite signing was Ricky Holmes from Chelmsford who had a pretty good season scoring and assisting nearly every game.

Season Overview:

Overall a disappointing season and it could have been a lot better. Missing out on the playoffs was the biggest hit and even worse the board want the title next season so could be in trouble there. Andrew Milne was the fan's player of the season and here is the best XI.

Aims for next season:

Promotion

A good cup run to fill the coffers

Wish me luck, I need it :D

Archived