dafuge

dafuge's FM10 challenge

8,433 posts in this topic

gl everyone!

Dafuge; did you make a screenshot of some regen for your manager picture, or is there a way to get a 'regen'-head for yourself?

Dafuge; did you make a screenshot of some regen for your manager picture, or is there a way to get a 'regen'-head for yourself?

I got it from here

dafuge - will it be alright if I use your OP as a template for the extended version please? :)

dafuge... I've nearly finished the thread so just wanted to make sure it's alright if I use your OP as a template before I post it

Have to get ready, go get the game, download the patch and then holiday a year.

Really want to complete this this year.

Had a couple of failed attempts last year but will try to get it done this time.

I've started as Dartford - personal

dafuge , i loaded all players from England : http://i34.tinypic.com/ejxyeh.png , instead of getting the ddtgenerator

Is that ok ?

No, you need to use the ddt file. Loading all the players from England gives you a much bigger database I think.

gonna get on this straight away after work!! i want Bognor Regis!!

is there a download for badges / kits / logo's yet?

can someone link me to where i can put my photo in for my manager

Cheers!

I'm in n holiday as type will post screen shots as soon as i can

Have just loaded Hucknall Town! - Will post a manager screenshot once I've had a good look through the squad

Boo, my local gaming shop are stocking the game from 1pm, not 10am like they told me yesterday. :|

Bit longer wait then, good luck to everyone this year.

Good Luck to everyone starting:thup:

unfortunately my game has been delivered yet :mad:, stupid zavvi. When i do get it ill be going for ashford (middlesex) or sutton utd

I'm on board for this; just installed the game, managed to get it to run (bloody directx update) and have added the ddt file thing.

One question - is it ok if I add other leagues at the start, e.g. if I complete it, I may want to manage somewhere random like Indonesia or Ireland etc if I get bored. Is that within the rules?

I'm on board for this; just installed the game, managed to get it to run (bloody directx update) and have added the ddt file thing.

One question - is it ok if I add other leagues at the start, e.g. if I complete it, I may want to manage somewhere random like Indonesia or Ireland etc if I get bored. Is that within the rules?

Nope. It will give you an advantage of having players from other leagues available.

Can some one please tell me how to put the .ddt file on to the game so that it appears in preferences.If any one else installed the game like me from the box.

I have tried putting it in Computer/ACER (C:)/Program Files(x86)/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/data/db/1000/edt

It doesnt appear ticked. Running windows 7.Please help as i want to get going with this challenge asap.

Can I just load a game without the .ddt

That would mean the promoted teams would have no players at the start.

Is this within the rules?

sorry for the consistent posting just want to get up and running one way or the other

Can some one please tell me how to put the .ddt file on to the game so that it appears in preferences.If any one else installed the game like me from the box.

I have tried putting it in Computer/ACER (C:)/Program Files(x86)/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/data/db/1000/edt

It doesnt appear ticked. Running windows 7.Please help as i want to get going with this challenge asap.

Does it appear at all?

The ddt is a 2-3 second download you know - its very easy to do

On another note - has anyone seen Ferriby come up yet?

I have saves for FC United, Kendal and Bradford PA at the moment

It doesnt appear in the preferences at all, its only the holland one

Was the game running when you put it in that location? You could try quitting and then re-opening FM

Was the game running when you put it in that location? You could try quitting and then re-opening FM

yea i thought that might have been the problem but no tried after quitting aswell still no cigar

Here we go then kids and true to my word Ian Smithe my holiday manager decided to become a travel agent after a year on the dole checking the numerous football news outlets for job opportunities and getting nowt. The straw that broke the camel's back was when I waltzed in from nowhere after an hour of job hunting to take the AFC Hornchurch job.

The Hornchurch board said that having a true local could help take the club forward.

I be here.

22nd is what is predicted but I know these boys. They are capable of so much more and the fact that fellow former Essex non-league big boys Canvey have been promoted as well means that we have a rivalry straight from the off.

Bring it on...

ok going to try again.

do i open or save the file download

Save the file to the folder.

If this fails you could download a save game from someone else as that should have players retained.

I've been trying for an hour now to get Oxford City into the BSS but it hasn't happened yet. Has anyone got a save where they've been promoted?

Ok, decided to try following this challenge to the letter this year (been doing something similar for many years). Got Billericay on my first load amazingly. Profile

Had my first friendly against AFC Wimbledon, went 3-0 down early on. So changed to a more direct counter-attacking style and we start tearing them apart. Thanks mostly to a new signing, regen Craig Rodger. 16 for pace, 17 for acceleration and 12 for heading should make him pretty useful... 5 for finishing though! We still lost 3-1, but I learned a lot in the process.

Scotland seems to be the place to go to find young, free players.

Am forwarding to the season after - despite reloading several times I dont want to be boston, kings lynn, carshalton, merthyr etc

Will see who i get

Getting in on the ground floor this year, day one. Set up my holiday manager this morning, but had to leave for work before holidaying him. Will be back later tonight to post my profile, team etc.

Hoping for either Nantwich or Buxton (preferably Buxton) this year.

Finally, after about half an hour of reloading I got the team I wanted: Tooting & Mitcham

Here's my profile picture

They've got a decent 8000 capacity stadium and finances the right side of zero, so I am confident I can beat the media prediction of 22nd.

tooting and mitcham can get promoted this year?

hello london team! I know who I want now.

Got in too late last night to holiday my game. I will be holidaying once I get in today in 6 hours. I hope some of my Portuguese countrymen will follow me to whichever little backwater I end up at!

Wanted to start this challenge as soon as i got the game and with the holidaying done , i am the new manager of Dartford .

The interesting thing is that i dont have any staff at the club ...

Wanted to start this challenge as soon as i got the game and with the holidaying done , i am the new manager of Dartford .

The interesting thing is that i dont have any staff at the club ...

Should there not be staff if you use the retain file?

is the ddt file patch compatible? ive put it in the correct place, just doesnt seem to show up on extra files in preferences

It is patch compatible.

For those having trouble do you load the file before you create the game.

Will start this at some point over the weekend probably, hoping to get Whitby.

I'm going to have to restart, I used too large a database and it's taking ridiculously long just to view a player's screen. I've been reloading on a new save for about half an hour now, haven't got Billericay yet :thdn: