dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My new centre back, Josh Gray, just bobbled in the 93rd minute winner by literally running into the ball (described as a freak goal) to win my game in hand, and get back into the playoffs.

I'm going to Wembley :cool: Into the finals of the FA Trophy after a penalty win over Histon, will play rivals AFC Wimbledon in the finals. Bring on Wembley.

Well after a good start just about anything that could go wrong is going wrong, red cards early in games, injuries in the first 5 minutes to key players, penaltys late in games to lose etc etc, time to call it a day and restart tomorrow I think

I've bene playing a MC with 2 passing for the last 3 games because all my others got crippled/suspended :(

can anyone help me here...

why are we not able to get scout reports for some players, yet we can for others?

im currently in the transfers and have found a few decent players... trying to get a report for them but theres no option for it.

Billericay Town, Season 2, 2011-12 - Blue Square North

Finished - 12th

League Table Link

Past Positions

Squad

Transfers

-

'Team of 2011-12'

GK - Ben Hinchliffe, 23, English

DR - William Browne, 19, Irish

DL - Remy Gordon, 19, English

DC - Paul Johnson, 20, English

DC - Phil Stevenson, 20, English

MR - Darrell Clarke, 34, English

ML - Florin Pelecaci, 32, Romanian

MC - Drew Rhodes, 20, English

MC - Jon Challinor, 31, English

ST - Scott Ginty, 21, English

ST - George Bowerman, 20, English

-

Career History

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season   League   Pos    F.A         LC    JPT     FAT     EL   CL   Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   BSS     18th   4th Q.Rnd   N/A   N/A   1st Rnd   N/A  N/A   None
2011/12   BSN     12th   3rd Q.Rnd   N/A   N/A   Qual.3    N/A  N/A   None

Key:

League: Current Division

Pos: Position

F.A: F.A Cup

LC: League Cup

JPT: Johnstone's Paint Trophy

FAT: F.A Trophy

EL: Europa League

CL: Champions League

-

Season Summary -

In my second season as manager of Billericay we were moved up North, to the Blue Square North. Only time would tell whether there would be any significant gap in quality of the two divisions, but since I brought in a few new faces it wouldn't be a scientifically 'fair test' anyway. All 7 of my signings broke into the first team near enough as soon as they joined, so a new look starting 11, with a familiar looking 'squad' was how the season played out. Another new face was a youth player, Craig Nightingale, who can play DC,DM & MC, but is primarily a DM. Since I don't use a formation that includes a DM, in the few appearances he did make he played at center back. My team is still a very young one, ironically my two oldest players in the starting 11 play on the left and right of midfield. Many people would criticize this decision, but since I don't really use them as 'wingers', their lack of pace doesn't really matter to me.

The token cup appearances were treated exactly the same as they were last time around, the FA Trophy being the place where I would showcase my fringe players, and the FA Cup where I'd try as hard as possible to get through to the rounds with the big boys. Our FA Trophy run was short lived, being knocked out by Havant & Waterloovile in a 1-0 loss. The FA Cup run was not as successful as it was last year, we drew Cray in the 2nd Qualifying Round and it took a replay and a penalty shoot-out for us to progress. We then drew Bishop's Stortford in the next round, and sadly lost 2-0. With yet another year of no major FA Cup run our finances aren't looking good, we're about 450K in the red, despite the board's ongoing contributions to try and 'help the situation'.

The season itself actually started very well for us, 2 wins and a draw in our first 3 games put us on top. Sadly this was the only time we'd be top of the table, as we then re-discovered relegation form similar to that of last season in the Blue Square South. I feel we did do significantly better this season though, 6 positions higher and 14 more points, not to mention the fact we were never in serious danger of relegation. As incredible and baffling as it may sound, next season we return to the Blue Square South. This should in theory be more of a test to see if we've actually improved from the team in season 1, and it should also give us some sort of indication of what 6th tier league is superior. Although again, it wouldn't scientifically be a fair test, but who cares!?!

-

Top 10's

Overall Appearances for the club

------------------------
Name               Apps
------------------------

Paul Johnson         60
George Bowerman      56
Drew Rhodes          54
James Wood           53
Jon Challinor        52
Phil Stevenson       52
Wayne Semanshia      51
Andy Walker          50
Jamie Dormer         49
Michael Shinn        49

Overall Assists for the club

------------------------
Name             Assists
------------------------

Jamie Dormer        11
Billy Bricknell      9
James Wood           7
Florin Pelecaci      7
Darrell Clarke       7
Scott Ginty          6
George Bowerman      5
Drew Rhodes          5
Michael Shinn        5
Chris Sullivan       5

Overall Goals for the club

------------------------
Name Goals
------------------------

George Bowerman 17
Billy Bricknell 13
James Baker 8
Michael Shinn 7
Chris Sullivan 7
Scott Ginty 6
Jamie Dormer 4
Florin Pelecaci 4
Darrell Clarke 4
Ryan Bowman 4

If you would like to see more of my updates from my Billericay challenge attempt all in one handy little thread, then visit my thread in the career updates forum here.

Maybe he is outside your scouting abilities, i.e if he is based in France, most teams at this level won't pay for scouting trips outside the UK

yeah - 1 player is in argentina and the other is in south africa...

does this mean that we cant sign them for the challenge?

Carshalton - 2010/11 - 7th in Blue Square South

League Table

We were just out of the promotion places most of the season, then won three in a row to sit in 5th on the last morning of the season - needing only a home win over Farnborough to qualify.

We played 11-on-10 for over an hour and still couldn't put the ball in the net. :( It's just as well, I have a lifetime record of something like 1-for-18 in promotion playoffs.

The squad

The fellow at the bottom there, Roy Essandoh, was the focus of my early-season attempt at using a target-man tactic. This mercifully ended when I realized my poaching forward was getting more header attempts than Roy was. Have I mentioned I'm awful at tactics? :D

The transfers

10 goals in 16 starts is certainly promising from Super Kyle. Late-season signing Billy Bingham is rumored to have League 2 potential. Hopefully the sulk he went into within days of arriving in Carshalton will not survive the summer.

Overall a reasonable first season... my only real hope at completing this thing is for the AI squads to degrade via mismanagement over time to the extent that even I can beat them, so you should all be rooting for my failure ;)

For some reason FM10 lets us scout the whole of the UK, plus Ireland and France in the BSN/S, when in FM09 you could only scout england.

You can scout France?

I am only allowed the UK and Ireland :(

People seem to be playing so fast. I am only at the beginning of december.

You can scout France?

I am only allowed the UK and Ireland :(

People seem to be playing so fast. I am only at the beginning of december.

I though everyone could?

Not that my scouts can find anyone in France :( (I don't even think they even go anywhere as it only takes a month or so for one of my scouts to scout France, Scotland and Wales).

I though everyone could?

Not that my scouts can find anyone in France :( (I don't even think they even go anywhere as it only takes a month or so for one of my scouts to scout France, Scotland and Wales).

I've scouted France a few times and each time my scout has come back with absolutely nobody. At the moment I have one scout permanently roaming the UK & Ireland, with the other guy scouting England.

OK i have decided after 8 hours worth of reloads to go with Horsham so here is my new

If anyone is interested and tells me how i also have saves for the following teams

Horsham

Oxford

Billericay

FC United

Tooting & Mitcham

Tiverton

Nantwich

Guiseley

Bedford

And Canvey island

Can you upload the Nantwich save please?

arranging friendlies...

if i book them away, do i receive loads of money if they get accepted?

EDIT: just realised how it works in general... i cant believe ive tried to book a friendly with a team in new zealand!!!!!!!! lol and it's one week before the season starts... can i cancel it?

in other news, ive now got friendlies with: youngheart, racing club, fulham, cardiff and sheffield united.

With 6 games left we will finish at least second in the BSN, whilst we are now 9pts clear of second placed Merthyr meaning the title is in our grasp :)

Very nice.

I am 4 points clear of second with about 10ish games to go, we are in the FA Trophy final though, can't wait for that.

I've scouted France a few times and each time my scout has come back with absolutely nobody. At the moment I have one scout permanently roaming the UK & Ireland, with the other guy scouting England.

Same here. I was chuffed when I saw I could scout France, but I haven't uncovered anyone there.

first pre season friendly and bookies are offering 20/1 on a home win (for me) and 1/14 for a sheffield united away win. lol.

havent made any signings so should be able to get a good feel for the current squad to see any weaknesses.

edit: :( fm crashed... didnt realise i hadnt saved it either - just lost about 3hrs of game :(

going to enable auto-save

Thanks for that I've just poached those two :D

Though it looks like Wrexham were hanging around the airport as just after I'd trialled Milenov they offered him a contract as well, luckily he choose me :cool:

Can you upload the Nantwich save please?

yup happy to mate but i have no idea how i go about doing that, if someone tells me how it will be available

Came down to the last game of the season, tied with Cheltenham, they had the tie breaker though, but they lose and I win, so I will be promoted as champion.

Update to follow

Just won the FA T also, 3-0, was a classic game. Very happy with the way the season went, going to eat then post up the report.

yup happy to mate but i have no idea how i go about doing that, if someone tells me how it will be available

Upload it to Filefront, Megaupload etc. and copy the address you are given here. Thanks for uploading in advance.

I'm going UP!!

After missing out on the playoffs last season on the final day, this year I got into the playoff, and an now going up, thanks to a 5-1 aggregrate win over Dover, and a 1-0 win over Salisbury in the final.

BSP for Carshalton next year. Review probably coming tomorrow, maybe tonight.

Earlier than expected, the season review.

DanGLiverpools Carshalton 2011/12 BSS Season Review - 4th (Promoted through Playoffs)

Well, at the start of the season, knowing my hands would be tied behind my back financially, I told them I would give them a top half finish. After a poor start, I started questioning my future. However, it soon picked up, and in the end I got to the playoffs. In between all that was a stunning run to the FA Trophy Final, however, at Wembley, I lost 1-0.

The playoffs on paper looked hard, with Dover having led the league for a total of 26 gameweeks of the season, but settled for 3rd. I beat them 1-0 at War Memorial Sports Ground (good stadium name might I add), which set for a 'tense' second leg at their stadium, Crabble Athletic Stadium. However, that was not to be, as I trashed them 4-1 at their ground, to set up a final match with Salisbury (who had played both their legs before I had played the first, due to the FA Trophy final).

Playing at Oxfords Kassam Stadium, 3097 people turned up (less than both of my semi final legs, and their away match at Weymouth), and saw the only goal of the game come in the second minute from Charlie Ide, my second top scorer in the end. We held out for 88 more minutes, and promotion was ours. BSP, here we come.

Two players retired for me this season - Marlon Beresford, my backup keeper who played 4 times in two seasons (when my former number 1 threw a wobbly after a 4-2 loss, saying it was harsh to warn him for a bad performance, so I dropped him for a while), and Ricky Newman, who played a vital part, scoring several crucial goals from centre back. Near the end I had to rest him from training permanently as he would get tired so easily, and I needed him really, although he couldn't make the final from the start, coming off the bench instead. Both decided not to stay in the game, despite having staff profiles for some reason (wanted to keep Beresford as goalkeeping coach as he had a 20 in that stat), but oh well.

Special mention goes to loanee Reece Jones of Milwall who played 49 games, and was at times vital in our race to the playoffs, capped off with a hattrick in a tricky second last game of the season, which we won 6-1, not very tricky in the end:D

League

Squad

Transfers

Confidence

Finances

(Hope that went right, my first time linking like that.)

Next seasons aims:

Survive

Do better in the FA Cup

Get a backup keeper to replace Beresford

Survive

Cambridge City 12/13

Table

Graph

Season Review: What a fun season, I got off to a good start and things just kept rolling. I really enjoyed my FA cup run, got to knock rival clubs out back to back and it was great to see the stadium really full for those games. Winning the FA Trophy just seemed like a must if I was going to win the BSP, but it almost cost me at the end when I rested some players and lost some points on the road.

It came down to the last game of the season, I won 1-0 and Cheltenham lost 0-1, so L2 here I come.

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Cup Review: Ran into a championship side and they destroyed me. Recovered and went on to win the trophy doing all the work in the first half.

Transfers

Squad

Finances

Players:

Folly - Mid: He was clutch all season when healthy, I just hope he can get it done in L2.

Walker - Striker: Best scorer I think I have had at the BSP level, was around most of the season also so that a huge plus for him, I am sure he can get the job done in L2.

McDaid - LB: One of the guys I need to replace, he was very hot and cold and is just not at the point where we can use him in L2.

Fitzharris - Striker: Not sure how he got his form back but when people started getting hurt he came in and was great, very solid and did not miss many chances when he had them.

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSN                 1st                           Promotion
2011/12       BSP                 13th				
2012/13       BSP                 1st                     Promotion/FA T Winner

Next Season: Defenders, defenders defenders, my only hope of staying up is replacing my right and left back with solid players, I think I have the strikers to get the job done already in place.

Season Review 1: Farnborough BSS 2010/2011

Final Table: http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/Finaltable10-11.jpg

A season of consolidation means I achieved what I set out to do so i cant complain.Finishing mid table is a fair reflection of our season. We were getting some good results against stronger opposition but then bad ones against weaker opponents.:confused:

Positions graph: http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/Positionsgraph10-11.jpg

Cups:

FA Cup-lost 3rd qualifying rnd to Woking

FA Trophy-lost 3rd qualifying rnd to Weymouth

Put out weak teams and got knocked out early as a result.

Squad: http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/Squad10-11.jpg

Hassan Bacchus was pretty solid at the back this season and got the best avg rating and also Daniel Fitchett my free summer signing from Wycombe was my main man up front with near a goal every other game.

Transfers 2010/2011: http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/transfers10-11-2.jpg

Aim for next season:

Get far more quality throughout the team, this season i gave a chance to many of the players that came up with the team but now its time to ship the dead wood and make the step up. Some how try and make some money through a cup run or friendlies. but main aim will be to try and get closer to play offs and reduce amount of defeats and draws.

First time im doing this challenge and trying to get to grips with things.

Finding the hardest parts as signing players, keeping in the black and scoring goals. Currently in my 2nd pre-season friendly and im 3-0 down at half-time to Watford. Lost my first game 1-0 vs. Chalton. All my players are knackered!

Having been involved in the challenge every year it has existed I have never had a worse start than this. My Tonbridge side were looking strong, running 4th after a strong start to the season. Since then it's been all downhill as we plummetted to the bottom of the league. Could be facing my first ever relegation/sacking and may be forced to restart the challenge for the first time ever.

I don't think we are playing as badly as our 21st place in the league after 20 matches suggests as we are always only being beaten by the odd goal. We are however on a run of 11 games without a win since we sat in that lofty 4th place after 9 games and our goal record is terrible, just 17 for the season

Archived