dafuge's FM10 challenge

Thanks for the reminder on the ddt file :) I was about to start holidaying, which would have been a waste of time. I'll just start working on my training schedules and tactics setups instead :)

Will probably be giving it a try with either FC United or Chippenham (whichever has the lowest rep) unless another lower rep team comes up in my loading for those two.

It should be interesting to see who we all can sign in the first seasons now that we cant make offers to uninterested players (which eliminates half the people that signed for us last year lol!).

edit: I forget, is it ok to delete certain files so that certain teams and players from certain leagues are properly represented in-game for this challenge? (note: this is not done in any editor)

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait to get underway with the new game. No idea who I'll run with this time but hopefully I'll actually make some progress this time around as opposed to previous years. Would love to go with Tiverton town but their rep is a bit high I think. Would rather start a bit lower...

I can't wait to get underway with the new game. No idea who I'll run with this time but hopefully I'll actually make some progress this time around as opposed to previous years. Would love to go with Tiverton town but their rep is a bit high I think. Would rather start a bit lower...

I would be surprised if Tiverton had a high rep as they finished in the relegation spots last season, can't remember the reason they didn't go down, I think another club went bust. Plus they are in a relegation fight again this season. Truro are the South-West team that should have a decet rep though.

I would be surprised if Tiverton had a high rep as they finished in the relegation spots last season, can't remember the reason they didn't go down, I think another club went bust. Plus they are in a relegation fight again this season. Truro are the South-West team that should have a decet rep though.

That'd be Merthyr :(

You'll just have to be patient chaps! He's said when it'll be up, and I imagine he's at work right now so no chance of it coming any earlier.

Spot on, I've just got back from work so can get started on getting the thread ready. Hopefully should be ready soon(ish).

• 3 months later...

Iv just started a game with Retford town. My local-ish team. Used to get the coach from there on away days following the mighty Doncaster Rovers. Do you NEED the ddt file though? I didnt read this last page of the thread when I started and I see people are waiting on the file. All my game settings are as instructed in the challenge criteria, sigames official patch 10.3. Played my friendlies and had a great start to the season with a 4-1 win over Nuneaton at our home Cannon park.

Manager Profile- http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa250/rocknrollpear/MartinSteeper.png

I scheduled some friendlies to get my squad in shape and decide who was worth keeping and was absolutely battered early doors. The whole first team is now revamped all with free transfers, the best of which being a relatively experience Irish centre back Richie Byne, whom I picked up for nothing from Irish minnows Hungerford. He has previously played for Aberdeen, Dunfermline and had a spell at Oldham Athletic. Profile- http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa250/rocknrollpear/RichieByrne.png

As many of you have probably found, Its extremely difficult to bring in any players at all, even unnattached journeymen. I found the most willing were youth players and found two absolute gems that I expect will be gone come January. The best of the bunch was 16 yr old Dean Middleton who has scored 4 goals in his first two competitive games, before getting injured late in the game against Stalybridge, his lack of firepower influencing the subsequent draws against Alfreton and Harrogate, all this at the tender age of 16. The lad doesnt even have a history. I like to think I found him kicking a ball about in his local School playground. Whilst walking my dog on my usual route of course. Here's his profile- http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa250/rocknrollpear/DeanMiddleton.png

After four competitive games, its a good start, despite an already tiny squad, being depleted of 3 key players that were competitive at this level.

Fixtures so far:-

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa250/rocknrollpear/?action=view&current=RetfordUnited.png

Also, I have downloaded a great kit pack to make the game more interesting. Our Retford home kit looks like a sponsor free Juventus kit with the lotto supplier logo. Link- http://sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/37278-ss10-11-kits-requests-for-fm11-only/

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived