dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've definitely lost a bit of my motivation, getting success with the all-T&M squad happened much quicker than I was expecting, I missed out on the battle.

Highest league appearances for an outfield player I've had is 613 (695 for a goalie), I don't think I could get to 750, certainly not before FM2011 is released.

Hmm, I don't know what to suggest but mag man's idea sounds good. Maybe be Wales or N.Ireland if you want to keep it local

dafuge, to keep interest in my game I have taken over a smaller nation (Switzerland) and I am using my club to try and develop the young swiss players as much as possible.

That's something I've never done, but sounds interesting. Are you looking to create an all-Swiss squad or just a few players?

That's something I've never done, but sounds interesting. Are you looking to create an all-Swiss squad or just a few players?

At the moment I have my superstars which I am slowly selling off and have a mixture of young swiss talent and home grown players coming through. I hope to have 5-10 in my first team squad in a couple seasons. The only problem is that I am getting bored of managing the national side.

At the moment I have my superstars which I am slowly selling off and have a mixture of young swiss talent and home grown players coming through. I hope to have 5-10 in my first team squad in a couple seasons. The only problem is that I am getting bored of managing the national side.

Maybe try it without being the nations manager? just develope the talent for the nations manager to pick when he sees fit

Chippenham Town - Season 2010/11 - Blue Square Premier

Media Prediction - 24th

Actual position - 24th (Relegated)

League Table

Transfers

Absolutely gutted, we never even looked like staying up, eventually slumping to the very bottom of the table, and staying there, was hoping for at least 20th, but unfortunately my inability to ever do well at this game cropped up once again, and makes me wonder how i even got to the BSP in the first place, but oh well, just going to have to go for promotion again next season

Targets for next season

promotion back to the Blue Square Premier

Season     League           F Pos      Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10   Blue Square North  4th      Promoted Via Play-offs
2010/11   Blue Square Prem   24th     Relegated

Chippenham Town - Season 2010/11 - Blue Square Premier

Media Prediction - 24th

Actual position - 24th (Relegated)

League Table

Transfers

Absolutely gutted, we never even looked like staying up, eventually slumping to the very bottom of the table, and staying there, was hoping for at least 20th, but unfortunately my inability to ever do well at this game cropped up once again, and makes me wonder how i even got to the BSP in the first place, but oh well, just going to have to go for promotion again next season

Targets for next season

promotion back to the Blue Square Premier

Season     League           F Pos      Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10   Blue Square North  4th      Promoted Via Play-offs
2010/11   Blue Square Prem   24th     Relegated

WOW! did you just do a season in 6 hours?? unlucky by the way, best of luck next season

pretty much, due to how poorly my season was going, i just wanted to get it out of the way... had the match speed at top (and i know that ain't going to help me work out my problem... although i already know where the biggest problems are

although, if things go from bad to worse in this save, i might just leave it till 2011, since i cba to get 2010 with 2011 so close :p

just had one of the most thrilling, matches of my career against Billericay town in the 3rd round of the Conference league cup, dispite being at home, we had to fight our way back into the game 5 times!, with them seemingly taking it in the second half of extra time it was 4-5 to them... but we snatched a final equaliser and dragged it to penalties... which we won :D, final score was 8-9

Nuneaton Town: Season 2010/11

Media Prediction: 6th

Final Position: 1st

League Table

League Position Graph

Wasn't expecting this, really thought I'd struggle because I lost my first league game 4-0 at home to second placed Alfreton, but it only got better from there. Had good spells and bad spells but we put together 5 wins in a row at the end of the season to win the league by four points, which helped me win the April Manager of the Month award.

Squad

Time to strengthen, a lot of these players will not be good enough for the Blue Square Premier, although I'm thinking of getting in a new assistant manager for a better evaluation of the team.

Transfers

Some great signings, lot of players going in and out, hope to do something similar for this season to strengthen.

Cups

FA Cup

Got to the first round but got knocked out 4-3 by Yeovil, an injury time winner sending them through, was absolutely gutted.

FA Trophy

Didn't get very far in this tournament, Blue Square Premier side Kidderminster beat us 2-0 in a second round replay, didn't get an easy draw like I hoped for.

Key Players

James Keatings - Scored 20 goals from midfield, best signing I made and was our star player.

Sean Fitzharris - Decent scoring record upfront, hoping he can do something similar in the Blue Square Premier.

Tim Hopkinson - On loan from Nottingham Forest, another player with a decent scoring record, may take him back on loan next year but it's unlikely, will probably find a better striker who would actually sign for me.

Grant Gallacher - What a season he had. 51 games from right back and he was very consistent for me.

Daniel Lafferty - Was unlucky with injury but when he did play, he had some great performances.

Season    League                Position     Achievements
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/158987-dafuge-s-FM10-challenge?p=5824868&viewfull=1#post5824868"]2010/11[/url]   Blue Square Premier   1st          Promoted as champions

just had one of the most thrilling, matches of my career against Billericay town in the 3rd round of the Conference league cup, dispite being at home, we had to fight our way back into the game 5 times!, with them seemingly taking it in the second half of extra time it was 4-5 to them... but we snatched a final equaliser and dragged it to penalties... which we won :D, final score was 8-9

Unfortunately...since then, we just haven't pulled off any results... and i've decided it's just not going anywhere but downhill... so i'm gonna call it a day on this challenge on FM09... not sure whether to bite the bullet and get FM10 (i have the demo, and found myself doing a lot better on that with WPL Bala Town), or whether to wait till FM11

Nuneaton Town: Season 2011/12

Media Prediction: 21st

Final Position: 1st

League Table

League Position Graph

If last year wasn't enough of a shock, the boys pulled it off again. I did make a few great signings but I still thought it wouldn't be good enough to get me anywhere near here, absolutely shocked that we pulled it off, top for over half the season to top it all off.

Squad

It's mostly all good and a lot of these players look like they can step up and play in League 2, but I badly need a new goalkeeper and some new central defenders so hope future negotiations go my way.

Transfers

Best signings for me were Dickson (who doesn't show up on any of my transfer history pages for some reason), Nadé and Stirling. Two great strikers who I knew would score goal after goal, but I didn't really expect much of anyone else, but in the end Stirling turned out to be one of our most important players.

Cups

FA Cup

I was chuffed to get to the 3rd round, thought we might've had more of a chance against Walsall, but they dominated. Hope we can get there, or go further next year, a 3rd round tie with a big club away from home would be nice.

FA Trophy

Really disappointed with this performance, a really unacceptable loss at home to Blue Square South side St. Albans sent us out in the 3rd round.

Key Players

Chris Dickson - 25 goals in 30 starts, that's top quality, the only player that my scouts didn't find for me surprisingly, happy I found him, but it's a pity that he got a couple of injuries, he could've been more prolific, although his back-up Sean Fitzharris hit 18 in 25.

Christian Nadé - Dickson's striking partner, not as good a scoring record but still great, 49 goals between them is fantastic for this level I think, normally the goals are spread out more evenly amongst players.

Stephen Stirling - Free signing from Rangers, looked like a great signing but didn't know what to expect from him, I thought the team he had around him wouldn't be great for him as I underrated them. However he had an outstanding season and I'm hoping for more of the same in League 2.

Daniel Lafferty - Knew after last year he'd play a big part this year, and he did. Consistent at left back but I don't know if he can perform again in League 2, here's hoping.

Shane Cansdell-Sherriff - Tried hard all through the summer to get a decent center back, ended up with this guy. He wasn't very highly rated by my scouts but his performances made him go up higher in their estimations, has a bit of a bad temper with a lot of bookings but still a great player.

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/158987-dafuge-s-FM10-challenge?p=5824868&viewfull=1#post5824868"]2010/11[/url]   Blue Square North     1st          Promoted as champions
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/158987-dafuge-s-FM10-challenge?p=5830147&viewfull=1#post5830147"]2011/12[/url]   Blue Square Premier   1st          Promoted as champions

Shane Cansdell-Sherriff - Tried hard all through the summer to get a decent center back, ended up with this guy. He wasn't very highly rated by my scouts but his performances made him go up higher in their estimations, has a bit of a bad temper with a lot of bookings but still a great player.

I remember going to see Tranmere away to Bournemouth when he was playing for them, he was utterly dire, we started chanting "Someone shoot the Sheriff", haha. Played in midfield then, though.

i could do with a 4GPG average right about now... i'm not even averaging 1 GPG :/

It is quite a luxury having such potent attackers after years of struggling to nick a scrappy goal every couple of games.

Wales just got to a European Championship Play-Off thanks to my efforts with my academy :) they may have lost 4-0 to Spain but that's still progress!

Nuneaton Town: Season 2012/13

Media Prediction: 24th

Final Position: 4th

League Table

League Position Graph

And we've done it again, 3 consecutive promotions which I never expected as I think of myself as being poor at Football Manager 2010. We were unlucky not to get automatic promotion but we had a few poor results which lost us 3rd place, but we had no problem in the play-offs.

Squad

Not a bad team for League 2, but I think I will need to strengthen a lot, hopefully I'll get a good wage budget because I've greatly improved the Club Finances and the budget is too small at the moment.

Transfers

Loans helped out a lot this year, only made a couple of important signings apart from them.

Cups

FA Cup

Poor performance, even though it was a tough tie we got I was hoping to get further than this.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

Another poor performance, but again, another tough tie.

Carling Cup

3 tough ties in the cup, I'm hoping to have it easier next year, go further and make the club some more money.

Key Players

Axel Bonemme - Loan signing from Chelsea, played brilliantly when he was fit but had a long 3-4 month injury unfortunately for us.

Stephen Stirling - He stepped up his game again and shined in this league, the question is can he do it again in League 1? I'm not sure to be honest, might be his last season as a regular depending on how we do next year.

Nikola Saric - The club's top scorer with 16 goals which is not a lot, but the fact I didn't want him, but his Liverpool teammate Engin Bekdemir makes me happy that he done well.

Bradden Inman - Him and Stirling were a lethal central midfield partnership, he was also the scorer of the club's most vital goal to date, the winner in the play-off final.

David McCracken - Experienced centre back, was Cansdell-Sherriff's replacement in the team and was consistent.

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/158987-dafuge-s-FM10-challenge?p=5824868&viewfull=1#post5824868"]2010/11[/url]   Blue Square North     1st          Promoted as champions
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/158987-dafuge-s-FM10-challenge?p=5830147&viewfull=1#post5830147"]2011/12[/url]   Blue Square Premier   1st          Promoted as champions
2012/13   League 2              4th          Promoted via play-offs

I remember going to see Tranmere away to Bournemouth when he was playing for them, he was utterly dire, we started chanting "Someone shoot the Sheriff", haha. Played in midfield then, though.

Well at least he's half decent on the game even if it is at BSP level!

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2076/77

Last season was superb as we won the two major trophies, could we repeat it?

League Table

League Positions Graph

It was easy going as we eased off towards the end of the season by rotating our squad.

Community Shield - it was a terrible match which neither team deserved to win.

UEFA Super Cup - we paid for our terrible finishing in this match.

FIFA Club World Cup - we completed the hat-trick of 'friendly' defeats.

Carling Cup - it was a weakened team, but it shouldn't have been this bad.

FA Cup - not a goal conceded and then we lose like this.

UEFA Champions League - things were looking good until we just couldn't find the second goal against OM.

Squad - we are improving, but still lacking in quality in certain positions.

Key Player Profiles:

Geoff Tynan - still great, but injuries at a crucial point in the season really hurt us.

Lee Woodward - he had a great season, filling Tynan's boots when he was injured.

Harry Phillips - after his 'loan' spell in Madrid, his personal problems seem to be over.

Iain Percival - decent stuff once again from the winger.

Stuart Funnell - solid stuff from the future star.

Career Overview

Season     League                   Position  Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Blue Square South        5th       Promoted via playoffs
2011/12    Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13    Blue Square Premier      2nd       Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14    Coca-Cola League 2       6th       Lost in playoff final
2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2       1st       Promoted as champions
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 1       4th       Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17    Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18    Coca-Cola Championship   6th       Lost in playoff semi
2018/19    Coca-Cola Championship   4th       Promoted via playoffs
2019/20    Barclays Premier League  16th 
2020/21    Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup finalists
2022/23    Barclays Premier League  7th       Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24    Barclays Premier League  3rd      
2024/25    Barclays Premier League  5th       Champions League finalists
2025/26    Barclays Premier League  3rd       Carling Cup finalists
2026/27    Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32    Barclays Premier League  3rd       Club World Cup winners
2032/33    Barclays Premier League  2nd       FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43    Barclays Premier League  5th       Club World Cup winners
2043/44    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2048/49    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners
2049/50    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Club World Cup winners
2050/51    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
2051/52    Barclays Premier League  4th       
2052/53    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
2053/54    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners
2054/55    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2055/56    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2056/57    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners
2057/58    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2058/59    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists
2059/60    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, CWC, and CL winners
2060/61    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, Carling Cup and CL finalists
2061/62    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2062/63    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC and FA Cup winners
2063/64    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC Carling Cup and FA Cup winners
2064/65    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2065/66    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2066/67    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2067/68    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and Carling Cup winners
2068/69    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and FA Cup winners
2069/70    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and FA Cup winners
2070/71    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, CWC and Champions League winners
2071/72    Barclays Premier League  2nd       FA Cup finalists
2072/73    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners
2073/74    Barclays Premier League  2nd       FA Cup and Champions League winners
2074/75    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Club World Cup winners, FA Cup finalists
2075/76    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL and CL winners, FA Cup finalists
2076/77    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and CWC finalists

Next Season

With a squad like this we are never going to get a clean sweep of the trophies, but maybe I should give the Carling Cup a proper go?

Wealdstone - 2010/11 - Blue Square South

Media Prediction - 19th

Actual Position - 4th

League Table

Transfers

Season summary

First time in this challenge where i heaven't spent a nice long time down in the relegation zone, with our lowest position being after our first game (lost to Staines), where we went 16th, after that though, we spent a lot of time floating between 8th and second... felt like a yo-yo sometimes, with our form all over the place. Thankfully, despite losing on the last day of the season... we bagged 4th spot and a playoff place (having been 6th for a few matches just beforehand), after that loss however, we destroyed Sailsbury 4-0 on aggregate, and then proved a bit to much for Bromley, who fought hard iun the final, but were unable to overturn our 2-1 advantage, meaning we were promoted to the Blue Square Premier. Just got to hope this doesn't end up another Chippenham for me

In the FA cup, we got a faily easy run to the 1st round... our toughest opponents to that point being Sutton Utd, but once we got to the FA cup proper, we were thrown against League 2 Stevenage (who have just been relegated, so we'll be meeting them again next season), we held them to a 0-0 draw at Broadhall Way, but were unable to prevent them beating us 2-0 back home at Grosvenor Vale. The FA trophy saw a harder route to the 3rd round, with the likes of Chester, and Hampton & Richmond to test us, thankfully we beat both... only to fall to fellow BSS Newbies Tiverton... who i thought for a while might also be attempting this challenge, having seen them spend much of the first half of the season in the play-off places

Key Players

Jabuti - Yes, its that Spaniard from a few pages back, and he didn't fail to disappoint, scoring 36 goals in the league, and 42 in all competitions. When he had goal droughts... he really had goal broughts, but then came back srtong and usually scored 2-3 goals in a game once he bagged his first

Dolinajec - The Slovakian youth international proved to be a brilliant link between midfield and attack, the 8 assists only showing a fraction of how useful he actually was, unfortunately prone to injury, but never picked up any heavy ones

Crowther - not the best Goalkeeper in the world, but he played his part in our promotion push, i must admit i was worried about him at the start of the season, but he's young, and now on a full time contract to hopefully allow training to boost him that bit more for Blue square premier football

Next Season Aims

Consolidation, its that simple really, maybe a push for the FA trophy if the league is looking secure enough

Chippenham Town 2014/15 Season Review

English Coca-Cola League 1 final position: 9th

LEAGUE TABLE

LEAGUE POSITION GRAPH

Overall, a very successful season. I had expected the luck to run out after 3 promotions in a row but we proved we are good enough for L1 at the moment. Had a great start to the season and almost dared to dream of promotion, but the second half was a bit slower and we dropped to finish 9th. The cups were pretty awful but overall a good season. We finally got an estimated value of £1M which made me happy.

FA CUP - Got to the 3rd round but got knocked out by Newcastle.

LEAGUE CUP - A poor showing and knocked out straight away

JPT - Another poor display and knocked out in our first game.

Finances - Nothing special but I hope for cup runs next season to make it a bit healthier.

Transfers - Only signed a couple of players at the start with the odd loan. Then brought in Pollock who managed to save us a bit when we were on poor form.

BAKER'S PLAYER OF THE SEASON - Paterne Kasongo (CF) - Former young player of the season and he had another fabulous season. His pace was amazing and he often scored from runs within our own half.

BAKER'S YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON - Charlie Saunders (DR) - Signed this lad on a free at the start of the season expecting to have to wait for him and hope I get lucky with his development a bit but he proved vital at times and looks like a star of the future.

OTHER KEY PLAYERS

Ziri Hammar (CM) - Had another great season and narrowly missed out on my player of the season

Greg Pollock (CF) - My mid-season star signing. My strikers were not scoring so I spent cash for the first time ever on this lad and he turned out to be worth every penny of his lucrative 16K price tag

Thibaut Horbette (CB) - My rock in the defense. He rarely made mistakes and was always well positioned even if he was sometimes a bit rash with his tackles inside the penalty area.

Johnathan Stewart (CM) - Signed as a DM but moved to CM with the arrival of a good young prospect at DM and he seemed to play a lot better as a CM. Like Horbette, he was always well positioned and like Hammar he was great at opening up the play from the centre of the park.

COMPLETE SQUAD LIST

Aims for 2015/16?

League - I think we can do very well this season. Im going to go for it and say we can win the league!

Baker's Prediciton: 1st

Cups - I want to get somewhere in the cups. I want 3rd round FA cup, JPT i want to push this and aim to win it and do the double League cup 2nd round.

Transfers - Time to get rid of the dead wood. Lecky, Jabuti and the rest are past it so I want them out to free up my wage budget. Il be signing a few players

Managers Career

Season     League                Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Blue Square South     10th       
2011/12    Blue Square South     1st         Promoted as Champions
2012/13    Blue Square Premier   1st         Promoted as Champions, FA Trophy Finalists
2013/14    Coca-Cola League Two  2nd         Promotion

2014/15 Coca-Cola League One 9th

So finally got my Bradford Park Avenue save underway...

Manager Profile

Several contracts had expired at the club, mostly reserve team and fringe players, 13 in all and they were all duely released. 13 players were bought in, all on frees bar one, Tom Elliot signed from Leeds for 4.5K after some tweaking of budgets. Most notable names bought in were Marlon Beresford, Danny Cullip, Curtis Woodhouse and Tommy Black.

Thought the squad was in reasonable shape as i hoped Cullip would form a decent partnership with my Pakistani international CB, turns out he's utterly awful :/

Pre-season started well with a 3-1 win over Eastbourne Boro, Tom Denton on loan from Huddersfield bagged a hat-trick. Three defeats to Hampton & Richmond, Workington and Bradford followed.

With the board expecting us to stay clear of relegation 5 points from our opening 6 games isn't too bad and we sit 18th in the league, our only win coming over Fleetwood Town, one of our scorers being the former Middlesboro striker Andy Campbell :D Consistency looks like going to be our problem this season, a good point against Tamworth was followed up by a 4-0 drubbing at Harrogate :thdn:

Onwards!

Wealdstone - 2011/12 - Blue Square South

Media Prediction - 24th

Actual Position - 11th

League Table

Transfers

Season summary

Once we found our footing in the Blue square premier, we were very much a mid-table team, beating the minnows, and losing out to a lot of the bigger teams, something that will need sorting next season. We spent a total of 2 games in the relegation zone all season, much of the season, we floated anywhere between a high of 9th and a low of 15th, but eventually securing 11th spot. Which i definitely consider a successful season

Fa cup wasn't so successful, losing out in the 4th qualifying round to Southport, after a 5-5 draw gave us the chance at home, but we lost that one by a single goal. FA Trophy wasn't much better, with us reaching the third round only to be beaten by eventual semi-finalists Eastbourne boro.

Key Players

Robert McCormick - With Jabuti getting a long 5 week injury, it was down to this man to keep us going, he did so quite well, providing 14 goals over the season

Louis Moult - young, good stats, and set to be as good as jabuti, hopefully has a good future ahead of him

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac77/El_Lordmeister/Wedgbury_S2.jpg[/img]"]Sam Wedgbury - proved to be what was needed in defence after inconsistency from the other central defenders, was probably more important to our survival than the GK, who has struggled a bit at this level

Next Season Aims

Push on towards promotion, and sort out these finances

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2077/78

With an all-T&M squad the Premier League seemed to be in our hands, it was just the Champions League that seemed difficult to win.

League Table

League Positions Graph

No problems once again as we almost led from start to finish.

Community Shield - making the most of our chances won this on for us.

Carling Cup - a pretty easy run led to a penalty shootout in the final, which we won.

FA Cup - once again we found ourselves in the final, but this time we lost on penalties.

UEFA Champions League - same story really. Easy run, penalty win.

Squad - still the same.

Key Player Profiles:

Geoff Tynan - brilliance once again, and no injuries.

Lee Woodward - a great second striker.

Adam Holt - a great contribution from a defensive player.

Jordan Boateng - despite the two star rating, he's great.

Stuart Funnell - half of a great central defensive partnership.

Career Overview

2012/13    Blue Square Premier      2nd       Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 1       4th       Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2022/23    Barclays Premier League  7th       Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2027/28    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2034/35    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup and Champions League winners
2043/44    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2050/51    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
2052/53    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
2054/55    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2055/56    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2057/58    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2058/59    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists
2059/60    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, CWC, and CL winners
2060/61    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, Carling Cup and CL finalists
2061/62    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2063/64    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC Carling Cup and FA Cup winners
2064/65    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2065/66    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2066/67    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2067/68    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and Carling Cup winners
2068/69    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and FA Cup winners
2069/70    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and FA Cup winners
2070/71    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, CWC and Champions League winners
2072/73    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners
2073/74    Barclays Premier League  2nd       FA Cup and Champions League winners
2074/75    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Club World Cup winners, FA Cup finalists
2075/76    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL and CL winners, FA Cup finalists
2076/77    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and CWC finalists
2077/78    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists

Next Season

Edging nearer to the possibility of a new stadium, which I think is all I can really look forward to now.

SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil - Season 30 - 2039/40

Story of the Season:

Premier League - 1st, Champions

Very easy title win, scoring a record number of goals. Just a shame about the couple of losses.

Champions League - Winners

Retained the trophy in quite easy fashion. We're still finding it harder to win away legs than we used to (the Bordeaux game aside), but I'll take a score draw every time.

FA Cup - Winners

Championship sides until the 6th Round, even the Premier League sides didn't put up much of a fight.

League Cup - Runners Up (lost v Aston Villa)

Shame we couldn't win back the trophy after a good run to the final.

Club World Championship[/url]- Runners Up (lost v River)

One of these days I'll play my first team.

Community Shield - Winners

Pointless.

European Super Cup - Winners

Ditto.

Transfers - £10m Deficit

Paolo Iodice joined in a copy of the Bianchi deal two seasons ago, but won't be joining permanently - despite performing very adequately. The reason for that is Marcelo Echague, a very talented attacking left-back who should slot straight into the team. Mike Hunt completed his transfer, and had a great season, scoring and creating, and making me laugh at every piece of commentary his full name was used in.

Other News: Paulinho has exceeded the 900 appearances mark and is still performing adequately enough to make me think he'll crack 1000. We scored over 3 goals per game on average, and most of our match-day squads contained a good percentage of academy graduates. Our first XI now contains three, all midfielders. Former captain and assistant manager Tommy Fraser is now Man Utd manager.

Next Season:

Win the rubbish trophies whilst retaining the worthwhile ones.

5 Most Important Players:

5. Tom Patton - AMC - The second academy graduate to make this list, Patton has made his way into the first XI this season and made his mark, getting into double figures for assists.

4. Massimiliano Maggio - ST - Maggio confounded my expectations by returning to be a key player for us. Definitely his best season on 10.3.

3. Daniel Jenkins - AMR/L - 31 assists tells its own story, our best academy graduate by a distance.

2. Ramon Colunga - DC - Incredible. I repeat: I am not using the corner exploit.

1. Enrique Lopez Santos - ST - Our most prolific scorer since pre-10.3 Maggio.

History:

Season    League                  Position  Achievements                   
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South       1st       Blue Square South Champions,  Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st       Blue Square Premier  Champions, Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two    4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2013/14   Coca-Cola League One    6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Coca-Cola League One    4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2015/16   Coca-Cola League One    17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
2016/17   Coca-Cola League One    2nd       Promoted
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship  18th      None
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship  21st      None
2019/20   Coca-Cola Championship  9th       None
2020/21   Coca-Cola Championship  6th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2021/22   Premier League          13th      None
2022/23   Premier League          14th      None
2023/24   Premier League          9th       None
2024/25   Premier League          4th       League Cup Runners Up
2025/26   Premier League          1st       PL Champions
2026/27   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, LC  Winners
2027/28   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, LC  Winners, CWC Winners
2028/29   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, CWC Winners
2029/30   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners
2030/31   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, CWC Winners
2031/32   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners,  CWC Winners
2032/33   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners
2033/34   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners
2034/35   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, LC Winners
2035/36   Premier League          2nd       CL Winners
2036/37   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA Cup Winners
2037/38   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, LC Winners
2038/39   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA Cup Winners
2039/40   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA Cup Winners

Merthyr Tydfil Academy Hall of Fame:

A list of those Merthyr Academy graduates who make 100 or more appearances for the club.

Name                Pos        Era                    Apps   Goals     AvR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joe Thomas          DM/MC      2029-Present            488      43    7.03
Paul Smith          WB/AML     2013-2018, 2021-2023    219      12    6.87
Daniel Jenkins      AMR/L      2035-Present            201      17    7.27
Marcus Phillips     AMC        2034-Present            191      17    6.91
Mike Williamson     DM/AMLC    2029-2035               175      12    6.76
Andrew Thomas       DM/MC      2037-Present            106       8    7.14

Previous Season Reports:

Season 1 - 2010/11

Season 2 - 2011/12

Season 3 - 2012/13

Season 4 - 2013/14

Season 5 - 2014/15

Season 6 - 2015/16

Season 7 - 2016/17

Season 8 - 2017/18

Season 9 - 2018/19

Season 10 - 2019/20

Season 11 - 2020/21

Season 12 - 2021/22

Season 13 - 2022/23

Season 14 - 2023/24

Season 15 - 2024/25

Season 16 - 2025/26

Season 17 - 2026/27

Season 18 - 2027/28

Season 19 - 2028/29

Season 20 - 2029/30

Season 21 - 2030/31

Season 22 - 2031/32

Season 23 - 2032/33

Season 24 - 2033/34

Season 25 - 2034/35

Season 26 - 2035/36

Season 27 - 2036/37

Season 28 - 2037/38

Season 29 - 2038/39

Nuneaton Town: Season 2013/14

Final Position: 2nd

League Table

League Position Graph

A 4th consecutive promotion for Boro, this one being the most surprising because of how the season went. Started off thinking I'd be fighting to stay in the division but as the season developed and I started to pay more attention to the game, we moved up and up the table. Got frustrating at times when I was below 2nd, because most of the time when I slipped up so did the teams above me, also having injuries at vital times prevented me from winning the division, but of course I'll take what has happened this season.

Squad

Had a great starting eleven, along with good back-up apart from in the forward department where injuries hit me hard when they happened. Of course, a lot of strengthening is to be done for the Championship and I should be able to get much better quality players.

Transfers

Done fantastic dealings this year, spent money for the first time and it was well spent in my opinion. Two loans were flops and two were great, a couple of poor signings too. Also made a small bit of money from selling players, most noticeably Chris Dickson who was key to our promotion from the Blue Square Premier two seasons ago.

Finances

Was losing a small bit of money each month, up until the away game against Arsenal in January where I gained about £800k from ticket sales, a big help to me. Our final position gave us £103k which was also helpful. No stadium expansions or facility improvements on the cards though.

Cups

FA Cup

Our best performance yet reaching the fourth round, I was chuffed to get Arsenal away because of the financial effects it would have on the club, we went crashing out to them but I didn't care as I expected it.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

Poor performance again in this competition, bad loss it was.

Carling Cup

Managed to hold Nottingham Forest to a draw away but we were horrible in the shootout.

Key Players

Imad Al-Hoseni - I was so happy to sign him because he was a fantastic back-up striker in a Hoffenheim game I had before this, so I thought he would dominate at this level, he did that. 28 goals in 43 games which arguably could've been more if he hadn't have picked up a 6 week injury in the middle of the season.

Prince Milambo - I think him and Al-Hoseni were the only signings that I didn't use my scouts for, and they were probably my best signings too. You could say £100k is a lot to pay for a player at this level and for only my second money signing but he was well worth it. The 2 meter tall Congolese international was a rock at the back as well as chipping in with 14 goals, a fantastic season for him.

Jim McAlister - Another great free signing, his amazing physical stats helped us out a lot, helping him to chip in with 15 assists from the right wing.

Karl Moore - On the other wing was this guy, recommended by my scout he was my last signing before January. He averaged an assist nearly every two games, and had some fantastic performances, top player.

Jeremy Carson - Loan signing from Liverpool and Al-Hoseni's strike partner, his injuries were a real disappointment to me because he was playing really well, wish we had him for more of the season, won't re-loan him for next year.

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/158987-dafuge-s-FM10-challenge?p=5832068&viewfull=1#post5832068"]2012/13[/url]   League 2              4th          Promoted via play-offs
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/158987-dafuge-s-FM10-challenge?p=5859542&viewfull=1#post5859542"]2013/14[/url]   League 1              2nd          Automatic promotion

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2078/79

Last season we really hit form and fell just short of a quadruple.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We should have sealed this ages ago, but completely lost form as we started fielding the kids.

Community Shield - Tynan was class in this match.

UEFA Super Cup - it is never nice to see a defeat thanks to an ex player.

FIFA Club World Cup - easy stuff, even for the kids.

Carling Cup - after an epic semi, we blew it in the final.

FA Cup - once again, Spurs knocked us out, but what a game!

UEFA Champions League - an 84th minute goal gave us top spot in the group, but that brought Real Madrid who beat us with a late goal.

Squad - we are getting a nice balance to the ages now, with some decent looking players coming through.

Key Player Profiles:

Geoff Tynan - another superb season.

Will O'Donnell - a great start for the new potential star.

Iain Percival - great stuff again.

Stuart Funnell - quality at the back.

Jamie Smith - the young striker did well, but he's no Tynan.

Career Overview

2077/78    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists
2078/79    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists

Next Season

We need to get back amongst the trophies, which might see me field the kids in the Carling Cup once again.

My Bradford PA attempt is looking doomed in just my first season, cack defending and not enough goals appear to be costing us summed up by the fact Ben Wright recently signed on a free from Peterborough is our joint top scorer with 4 having played just 4 games. 9 games of the season left and we're 6 points from safety and without a win in 17 games.

Love the struggle!

I want to ask a favour relating to this challenge. I've been sitting in front of my laptop for over an hour and a half, reloading a save from the day before promotions and relegations take place in the hope that FC United will be promoted, but I've had no luck at all. I was wondering if anyone had a save from the 25th June, with FC United in the Blue Square North? If you do have one, please could you send me it? I'm so desperate lol.

Nuneaton Town: Season 2014/15

Final Position: 12th

League Table

League Position Graph

Squad

Not a great squad for this division but we done well somehow. The squad size isn't bad but the quality of some of the players isn't Championship standard. Only got one good loan in too, unfortunate that I didn't get more.

Transfers

2 or 3 big signings to see there, along with Neil Carragher, who apart from putting in some horrible performances somehow got himself a £525k move to Birmingham City, best deal ever. Jonathan de Guzman is coming in July, good signing in my books.

New Stadium

Finally, but guess what? They name it after Malcolm Christie and not me? Plays for them for a season and goes on to become an alright footballer, compared to me, getting them 4 promotions in a row? I think we all know which achievement is more impressive.

Cups

FA Cup

Crap, absolutely crap.

Carling Cup

Crap again, but a slightly better performance, Vossen was amazing.

Key Players

Prince Milambo - Good amount of goals from the back again, if he had 20/20 for heading and jumping he'd score a lot more, he's such a danger from corners with his height, always comes up with a vital goal here and there.

Jake Brown - My only loan signing, he was brilliant, rarely had a bad performance playing for us.

Jim McAlister - 23 assists, not much more I can say. Pity he got a bad injury towards the end, amazing season for him.

James Keatings - Didn't think you'd see him on an update again did you? Had a good season this year, has developed into a decent player and has been with me since the start of my managerial reign, can he make it to the Premiership?

Imad Al-Hoseni - Had a poor end to the season due to a 2 month injury spell and Javier Acuna overtaking him afterwards, but before that he scored some great goals for us. Don't know if he'll ever play regularly for us again.

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/158987-dafuge-s-FM10-challenge?p=5832068&viewfull=1#post5832068"]2012/13[/url]   League 2              4th          Promoted via play-offs
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/158987-dafuge-s-FM10-challenge?p=5859542&viewfull=1#post5859542"]2013/14[/url]   League 1              2nd          Automatic promotion
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/158987-dafuge-s-FM10-challenge?p=5869399&viewfull=1#post5869399"]2014/15[/url]   CC Championship       12th

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2079/80

It was time for us to focus on Europe only as we clearly don't have the quality to challenge for every trophy.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We started slowly but once we reached the top there was no stopping us. This season also saw the random appearance of Eastleigh in the top flight!

Community Shield - the penalties just kept missing, and with three chances to seal the win it was disappointing to lose this.

Carling Cup - the kids took a bit of a beating at the first hurdle.

FA Cup - once again, the kids took a beating.

UEFA Champions League - fours straight wins meant we could rest players in the final two group stages. Things were looking good as home wins got us through two matches, but we came up short in the third.

Squad - there's been a lot of rotation this year, to try and get the new kids into the team.

Key Player Profiles:

Geoff Tynan - he may be 30 now but he's still capable of 40 goals a season.

Will O'Donnell - I'm convinced he will be great.

Adam Holt - a great attacking contribution from the midfield enforcer.

Stuart Nicholson - his best season ever.

Stuart Funnell - solid yet again.

Career Overview

2078/79    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2079/80    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners

Next Season

It would be nice to win the Champions League again, but we will need a bit of luck for that to happen. My two aims at the moment are for a new stadium (maybe four years away) and the England job (should he ever get sacked).

Wealdstone - 2011/12 - Blue Square South

Media Prediction - 21st

Actual Position - 3rd

League Table

Transfers

Season summary

WE built on last seasons success by floating between midtable and top half for much of the season, and it was only our end of season form that saw us reach the playoff places, where we spent the last six games of the season. Unfortunately, we lost in the playoff semis to Wrexham, but only on penalties after our 2-1 win at home cancelled out their 1-0 win beforehand.

Cup runs were unimpressive, getting beaten by Hereford and dorchester in the first round of the FA cup and FA trophy respecitively

Key Players

Josh Roberts - The young Welshman, bought last season on a free, has developed nicely since joining, and is now the best Left back at the club. Has done well to get an average rating of 7.12 over 45 games

Louis Moult - Player of the month for august, and 11 goals for the youngster was pleasing, still slowly improving, so hopefully will be scoring even more next season

Danny Hollands - An important part of the midfield, pretty much sets the standard there for the others

Next Season Aims

Promotion, preferably by taking the title, although i'll need to find a better GK for that to happen, ASpden has done well, but with both the second and third choice keepers wanting out, i'll be looking for an even better one

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2080/81

Things had gone a bit quiet on the trophy front so we were really hoping to pick up a cup this year.

League Table

League Positions Graph

It was a bit close at times, but we managed to hold our place at the top of the table.

Community Shield - it's always nice to score a late winner like this.

Carling Cup - we found ourselves on a great run which ended with a lucky final win.

FA Cup - no such luck here as we were shocking against Liverpool.

UEFA Champions League - this felt like a domestic cup as we faced three English clubs on our way to lifting the trophy.

Squad - we may be lacking in depth but we have some quality youngsters coming through at the moment.

Transfers - two massive transfers as we sold two unhappy players in Holt and Percival. Both were awesome players but wanted a new challenge. Holt we can replace, Percival left us very short on the left wing.

Key Player Profiles:

Geoff Tynan - he's slowed down a bit, but he's still awesome.

Lee Woodward - he was in brilliant form but then injured his hip and missed two months.

Adam Warriner - a superb season from the winger.

Will O'Donnell - not quite settling the world on fire yet, but still pretty decent.

Stuart Funnell - superb at the back.

Career Overview

2079/80    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners
2080/81    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, Carling Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

More of the same really. We've got some good kids coming through so it would be nice to get back to our winning streaks once again.

Archived