dafuge's FM10 challenge

Billericay Town - Blue Square South - 2011/12

In my first season due to the very low reputation all I wanted was a mid table finish. I would love to get promoted but it seemed too much for my reputation and I didn't think I could get the players in to mount a challenge

League Table

League Positions

This... was unexpected. I found out how much talent I could bring in from Scotland and this was probably the main reason I did this well. To win in my first season really was something and I have never got a promotion on this game before. The league positions and League Table might suggest that it was an easy surge towards the title but after about 36 games I was still only one point ahead of forest green and Salisbury. Salisbury in particular caused me some problems as they were right behind me for most of the season and were never more than 4 points behind me. However towards the end and a late unbeaten run and a loss of form mean't I clinched what I thought was an unlikely title and a request for the freedom of the city :cool:

FA Cup- The FA Cup was easy in the qualifying rounds as we met opposition even lower than our league and easily disposed of them. The first round was different though and after a 2-2 draw at our place Kettering were too much in the second leg

FA Trophy-This wasn't so easy as after a easy game against lower opposition once more Bromley (who made a late push for the playoffs) knocked us out to make our run in this competition shorter than we wanted.

Transfers-We sold a lot of dead wood who were all eating up our wages and brought in a lot of scottish talent, and a few others. Without these signings I think I would have been in a relegation fight for sure !

Squad-This squad if it keeps improving could probably avoid relegation from the BSP but I still need to make a few signings to make us of Mid Table quality to ensure we stay there.

Best Players Profiles:

James Keatings-This player was awesome! He blitzed through BSS defences. He even had a month injury and still managed to become our top goalscorer. If only his composure was higher then he would have scored even more !

Craig Mcshea-Another fantastic performance this year. He not only scored a lot of goals but had a nice amount of assists as well.

Graham McLelland-This Scottish regen may not look that good but his physical attributes often made up for it. He often got us out of trouble and I hope he can continue.

Paul Bignot -The most consistant player in my squad. He never got below a 6.8 in the entire season, but he hardly got above 7.2 either. He didn't seem to make many mistakes this year though so he looks likely to keep his place.

Sam Corcoran On loan from Colchester, he certainly knows how to create a chance. Time and time again I have seen him see a gap in defence and take advantage of it for an almost always easy goal. When he did score one of his few goals he had a couple of long range screamers! Unfortunately he's back at Colchester and if I can't get any better in the transfer market I may hope to call for his services again.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South          1st       Champions

Next Season

I honestly think we can be a safe mid table team next year. You never know with a bit of luck on our side we may push for the playoffs

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Alegeeter

Nice first season fella! Don't spose you're from around Billericay are ya? I'm a local lad for AFC Hornchurch as well :)

I got James Keatings in my team as well, but he's my super sub! Got Super Kyle Wilson and Sean Fitzharris up top, looks like you got a strong side, and I can't see any reason to dispute your prediction of mid table in BSP. Best of luck with it mate! :D

@Alegeeter

Nice first season fella! Don't spose you're from around Billericay are ya? I'm a local lad for AFC Hornchurch as well :)

I got James Keatings in my team as well, but he's my super sub! Got Super Kyle Wilson and Sean Fitzharris up top, looks like you got a strong side, and I can't see any reason to dispute your prediction of mid table in BSP. Best of luck with it mate! :D

No I'm from Ilkeston but as they are in BSN this is the first time I can't be them :( Billericay is big challenge though

Not played this for a while, in the beginnings of my 1st season in the BSP, not doing too badly at the moment 6 games, 3 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses. Although I was screwed over by linesman in the draw, they scored in the 90th min with an offside goal to equalise and he lets it stand :mad:

SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil - Season 28 - 2037/38

Story of the Season:

Premier League - 1st, Champions

My second unbeaten season in the Premier League, coming along with a record goals total for both the club and division. We were beyond dominant, every draw should have been a win, and we played well in every match.

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round (lost v Real Madrid)

First time we've been knocked out before the final since 2026, the whole campaign was a bit ropey, although we won our group we drew twice and played quite badly, and the 4-2 loss in the Bernebeu proved insurmountable. Perhaps Europe are catching up after all this time? Perhaps, but I think it was probably a little complacence and arrogance from me. Next season we'll take it more seriously.

FA Cup - 3rd Round (lost v Man Utd)

Lacklustre performance away at Old Trafford and that was it.

League Cup - Winners

Strolled to the title using a combination of backups and first teamers.

Club World Championship - Runners Up (lost v America (MEX))

Rubbish, impotent performance in the final with a second string 11 precipitated a loss on penalties.

European Super Cup - Runners Up (lost v Tottenham)

Can't remember this match too much but obviously it didn't go well!

Community Shield - Winners

Easy win, pointless game.

Transfers - £11m Deficit

After a slow start, world-class striker Enrique Lopez Santos was an incredible signing, scoring for fun from March onwards in particular. Hidalgo is wonder-kid centre-back, whose transfer we actually agreed at the start of the previous season. Great prospect but had problems with injuries, let's hope they're behind him now. Javier was a goalkeeper brought in on loan to cover when Paulinho was injured at the start of the season, didn't get a match as academy graduate John Hulse proved himself a great prospect, keeping 15 clean sheets in 21 appearances at the age of 15. Valentino Bianchi replaced Dudu as backup right back as we sold some squad players to regain some money after the large expenses on Lopez Santos and Hidalgo. Showed enough in his dozen games or so for the club that he's a reliable back-up, so will be joining for £3.3m in the summer.

Other News: Our goalscoring this season was amazing, absolutely destroying teams on many occasions. Leeds were beaten by an aggregate of 12-0 in the Premier League, for example. We scored 4 or more goals an incredible 18 times, peaking with a 7-0 destruction of Everton.

Next Season:

Regain the Champions League and FA Cup.

5 Most Important Players:

5. Paulinho - GK - Surpassing the 800 mark in appearances this season, still as solid as ever. John Hulse will need game time over the coming seasons, so he won't play every match as he used to, but I reckon 4 more seasons will crack the 1000 barrier. His stats are beginning to decline, but he's still more than good enough.

4. Julien Wiesemes - AMR/L - True Merthyr legend, at the back end of his career now. Can't play every game any more, but is a shoe-in whenever he's fit.

3. John Hollis - ST - Another good season from Hollis, the arrival of Lopez Santos meaning he has to take more of a creative role than he used to, but took to it well.

2. Enrique Lopez Santos - ST - Once he'd settled in at the club he was amazing, worth every penny of the transfer fee. I wouldn't be surprise to see him crack 40 goals next season.

1. Ramon Colunga - DC - Pillar of strength at the back, as well as an incredible threat at corners. 41 goals is a remarkable return, especially considering I am not using the corner exploit. Remarkable player.

History:

Season    League                  Position  Achievements                   
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South       1st       Blue Square South Champions,  Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st       Blue Square Premier  Champions, Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two    4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2013/14   Coca-Cola League One    6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Coca-Cola League One    4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2015/16   Coca-Cola League One    17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
2016/17   Coca-Cola League One    2nd       Promoted
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship  18th      None
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship  21st      None
2019/20   Coca-Cola Championship  9th       None
2020/21   Coca-Cola Championship  6th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2021/22   Premier League          13th      None
2022/23   Premier League          14th      None
2023/24   Premier League          9th       None
2024/25   Premier League          4th       League Cup Runners Up
2025/26   Premier League          1st       PL Champions
2026/27   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, LC  Winners
2027/28   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, LC  Winners, CWC Winners
2028/29   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, CWC Winners
2029/30   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners
2030/31   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, CWC Winners
2031/32   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners,  CWC Winners
2032/33   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners
2033/34   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners
2034/35   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, LC Winners
2035/36   Premier League          2nd       CL Winners
2036/37   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA Cup Winners
2037/38   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, LC Winners

Merthyr Tydfil Academy Hall of Fame:

A list of those Merthyr Academy graduates who make 100 or more appearances for the club.

Name                Pos        Era                    Apps   Goals     AvR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joe Thomas          DM/MC      2029-Present            414      36    7.02
Paul Smith          WB/AML     2013-2018, 2021-2023    219      12    6.87
Mike Williamson     DM/AMLC    2029-2035               175      12    6.76
Marcus Phillips     AMC        2034-Present            118       9    6.89
Daniel Jenkins      AMR/L      2035-Present            105       4    7.13

Previous Season Reports:

Season 1 - 2010/11

Season 2 - 2011/12

Season 3 - 2012/13

Season 4 - 2013/14

Season 5 - 2014/15

Season 6 - 2015/16

Season 7 - 2016/17

Season 8 - 2017/18

Season 9 - 2018/19

Season 10 - 2019/20

Season 11 - 2020/21

Season 12 - 2021/22

Season 13 - 2022/23

Season 14 - 2023/24

Season 15 - 2024/25

Season 16 - 2025/26

Season 17 - 2026/27

Season 18 - 2027/28

Season 19 - 2028/29

Season 20 - 2029/30

Season 21 - 2030/31

Season 22 - 2031/32

Season 23 - 2032/33

Season 24 - 2033/34

Season 25 - 2034/35

Season 26 - 2035/36

Season 27 - 2036/37

SnakeXe's International Career - Unemployed - Season 28 - 2037/38

Story of the Season:

Ditto last season, neither of the jobs I want came up, hopefully one will after the World Cup.

Next Season:

England or Wales. Preferably Wales.

At a Glance:

Nothing to see here

History:

Season     Nation                  Achievements                  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2030/31   England                 None
2031/32   England                 European Championship Winners
2032/33   Italy                   None
2033/34   Italy                   World Cup Winners
2034/35   Italy                   None
2035/36   Italy                   European Championship Runners Up
2036/37   -                       None
2037/38   -                       None

Previous Season Reports:

Season 21 - 2030/31

Season 22 - 2031/32

Season 23 - 2032/33

Season 24 - 2033/34

Season 25 - 2034/35

Season 26 - 2035/36

Season 27 - 2036/37

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2069/70

With a few great looking youngsters coming through the ranks over the last few years I had taken the decision to once again build this club up using just my youth products. The squad isn't big enough to do it just yet so this will be one of a number of transitional seasons as bought players are slowly shipped out and replaced by youth players.

League Table

League Positions Graph

This was officially our greatest league season ever as we just ripped the leauge apart.

Community Shield - not the greatest start to the season but we got the win.

UEFA Super Cup - a narrow win where it should have been a lot more.

FIFA Club World Cup - a few of the kids helped to win this one.

Carling Cup - no idea how we managed to lose this one.

FA Cup - our form continued in this cup as we dominated it with a last thumping in the final.

UEFA Champions League - we messed up the group stage but manage to get our revenge on HSV in the final.

Squad - the first team is still class but it is being backed up by the kids.

The Youth Products - there's a few obvious stars here but the others have also done quite well.

Transfers - the clearout has started as the bought players on the fringe of my first team were sold. There will be more big sales this summer.

Key Player Profiles:

Axier - another great season but the time has come for me to cash in.

Dave Sparrow - another great striker who will be kept around for a bit longer.

Geoff Tynan - I'm going to have to sell Axier to get him involved more.

Toni Crnjak - I won't be selling him, he'll retire at the club.

Dean Parker - easily worth the £30m I spent on him.

Career Overview

Season     League                   Position  Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Blue Square South        5th       Promoted via playoffs
2011/12    Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13    Blue Square Premier      2nd       Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14    Coca-Cola League 2       6th       Lost in playoff final
2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2       1st       Promoted as champions
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 1       4th       Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17    Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18    Coca-Cola Championship   6th       Lost in playoff semi
2018/19    Coca-Cola Championship   4th       Promoted via playoffs
2019/20    Barclays Premier League  16th 
2020/21    Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup finalists
2022/23    Barclays Premier League  7th       Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24    Barclays Premier League  3rd      
2024/25    Barclays Premier League  5th       Champions League finalists
2025/26    Barclays Premier League  3rd       Carling Cup finalists
2026/27    Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32    Barclays Premier League  3rd       Club World Cup winners
2032/33    Barclays Premier League  2nd       FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43    Barclays Premier League  5th       Club World Cup winners
2043/44    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2048/49    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners
2049/50    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Club World Cup winners
2050/51    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
2051/52    Barclays Premier League  4th       
2052/53    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
2053/54    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners
2054/55    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2055/56    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2056/57    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners
2057/58    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2058/59    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists
2059/60    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, CWC, and CL winners
2060/61    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, Carling Cup and CL finalists
2061/62    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2062/63    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC and FA Cup winners
2063/64    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC Carling Cup and FA Cup winners
2064/65    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2065/66    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2066/67    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2067/68    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and Carling Cup winners
2068/69    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and FA Cup winners
2069/70    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and FA Cup winners

Next Season

Next season may well be the first step backwards as I start to look to offload some of my first team players to give chances to more youth players.

In other news, it doesn't look like I'll ever be getting that 100k capacity stadium.

Great season dafuge, looks like you're a little ahead of me in the youth development stakes, I don't have anyone of the quality of Tynan. My first choice central pairing from this season or next season will be all-Merthyr though, so it's a start.

You're already on your second new ground aren't you? It'll take a third to get the 100k in that case! Are you selling out every week?

You're already on your second new ground aren't you? It'll take a third to get the 100k in that case! Are you selling out every week?

I'm on my third new ground :D

My averages for all competitions have been over 90k for a while now, although I can't see it being worth building a new ground. Not that I'll get far enough to find out :(

My averages for all competitions have been over 90k for a while now, although I can't see it being worth building a new ground. Not that I'll get far enough to find out :(

Thinking of jacking it in? :eek:

No chance. Actually, thinking about it, it might be close to the chance of a new stadium if I can get another 15 seasons done before FM2011.

Wouldn't bet against it with the rate you're racking them up! I'm guessing with the advent of dynamic league rep this'll be the last time you get as far with the one save - I'm certainly going to look forward to having a real go at Gundo's challenge on 2011.

Chippenham Town 2011/12 Season Review

Blue Square South final position: 1st

LEAGUE TABLE

LEAGUE POSITION GRAPH

So, from last season's finish of 10th, I set my sights on the Playoffs with a prediction of 5th. I knew that my squad didn't need much strengthening after a great second half of the season in my first year. I didn't expect to perform so well though and the players seemed very bonded. All of the areas in my team were great and nobody put a foot wrong all season. Which is why we won the league, quite simple.

FA CUP - Another great year for us in the FA cup. Although I felt that the endless run of games when combined with the league was draining for me and the players. Taking Tranmere to a replay, and winning away was a great feeling even if I was bricking it in the shootout which it should never have got to!

FA TROPHY - A really poor display dumped us out at the first hurdle.

TRANSFERS - 3 loanees that were not used at all really, purely backup. The others were all used in the first team and all had great seasons. The latest signing is purely for the future and I have just signed him, he didn't play for us this season.

FINANCES - Like last season, most came from TV and Prize money. It's looking OK. No concerns.

BAKER'S PLAYER OF THE SEASON - Jabuti (CF). He carried on where he left off last season. Our top goal scorer and he was second on the assist charts all round fantastic season. I predicted he would be our best player this season after what he did when he came into the team in January last season. It was very close this season though, a number of players could have won this award.

BAKER'S YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON - Eddie Hague (CB). The 20 year old was our youngest first teamer. Last years winner Scott Shulton is our next youngest at 22 but was too old for the award this year. Eddie had a good season for a youngster. Took time to gel from last season but finally established himself as a first teamer and did very well. He was very good at starting counter attacks from defence and was dominate when defender set pieces. It will be interesting to see if he can continue this in the Blue Square Premier.

OTHER KEY PLAYERS

Richard Lecky (CF) - Last seasons player of the season had another excellent year. Narrowly missed out on my player of the year. Could always be counted on to score and was brilliant on the wing. He seems to be playing very well with Jabuti as the outside CF's in my 4-3-3.

Johnny Harkness (DL) - Came into the team at the second half of last season and was a first teamer from then on. He has had a great season and is my deadball specialist. He scored a few excellent free kicks and was a great corner taker. He has great cross from deep and set up a lot of goals from his position. He also carried out his defensive roles excellently.

Scott Shulton (CM) - Last season's young player of the year could well of got player of the year this season. Again he has proved very valuable to the club and scored a couple of beauties, especially at the start of the season. Always in the right place to assist the goals which put him top of the assist chart.

Ben Purkiss (DR) - The new signing was an instant success managing to gain a first team spot from Matt Jones. Like Harkness, he did great at full back stopping a lot of attacks with last ditch tackles. He was also good at bringing the ball forward for the strikers to pick up and his crosses were also largly a success. Didn't put a foot wrong and was another player who just missed out on player of the season.

Aims for 2012/13?

> LEAGUE - I think we can survive relegation from the BSP, we have the ability and the team is very well bonded so there aren't any excuses if we do go back down.

Baker's Pediction - 17th

> CUPS - We have to get performances in the FA Trophy and I will be disappointed not to make it to the 2nd round. I would love to equal our 2nd round FA Cup run again and I think this is possible again this year.

> TRANSFERS - Its hard to see what needs strengthing when you have won the league but possibly another great striker and a solid midfielder. Central defence might need a little boost also but I think I'm going to play it by ear and see who becomes available to me. I will free up wages again this year by getting rid of players I know wont cut it in BSP

In my first BSP season it is a ridiculously tight league. 2 points seperate the top 7 teams, with me currently sitting 4th, 1 point off the top. Only 9 points between the play-offs and the relegation places. If it stays this tight all season it could get very interesting.

This is my thinking. Hopefully I'll get the rub of the green as that could be what it comes down to

Just found out my beloved Merthyr Tydfil are no more :(

Team has been dissolved and replaced by Merthyr Town, who are in Tier 9, so will be a while before I can use them again in this challenge at least!

Wow, I hadn't heard that, that's pretty big news for this challenge :(

Wow, I hadn't heard that, that's pretty big news for this challenge :(

A bit strange to think they didn't even make it to the point where I picked them up in-game! Apparently they've retained most of their squad at least, so they should bounce back fairly rapidly.

Just popped an email off to the contact they had for the club shop, to see if they have any replica kits left... and yes, I did mention FM :cool: if they have any I'll get it printed as well, thinking "Fraser 16" after the club captain for our first CL victory.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2070/71

This was going to be our second season without signing any new players and once again, the squad was cut to allow the youth players to get more games.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Things have definitely changed as we lost more games this season than in our previous four combined. We spent most of the season chasing West Ham and Liverpool and finally managed to overtake them as made the most of our home games against them late in the season.

Community Shield - it was an easy enough start to the season.

UEFA Super Cup - Ulisses tried to haunt us but his sending off helped us to claim a late win.

FIFA Club World Cup - it was a good win but those injuries were a sign of the trouble ahead.

Carling Cup - we had two good wins but with a tiny squad and a huge list of injuries we crashed out to Man Utd.

FA Cup - exactly the same story as the Carling Cup, but the beating by Man Utd was a bit more severe.

UEFA Champions League - we didn't mess about with this one as we used our best players throughout. We had a couple of great wins in the knockout rounds and topped it off with a great final.

Squad - this is it, we are a bit short on players thanks to my stupidity in the transfer market. We are still relying on the six remaining signed players (the six highest paid players), without them we would really struggle.

The Youth Products - Tynan is the only really obvious star but I think we've got a few others who could step up in the next few years.

Transfers - the star clearout left us a bit short this season so I brought back three youth products to the club to make up the numbers.

Key Player Profiles:

Dave Sparrow - one of the signings who is still carrying us.

Geoff Tynan - the one real star of my youth team who has really come on since the sale of Axier.

Iain Percival - I sold Ulisses to give him a chance, I'm hoping he will improve.

Alexander Prinz - another signing who is carrying the team.

Stuart Osborne - another future star from the youth team who scored an impressive number of goals this season.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13    Blue Square Premier      2nd       Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 1       4th       Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2022/23    Barclays Premier League  7th       Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2027/28    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2034/35    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup and Champions League winners
2043/44    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2050/51    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
2052/53    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
2054/55    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2055/56    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2057/58    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2058/59    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists
2059/60    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, CWC, and CL winners
2060/61    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, Carling Cup and CL finalists
2061/62    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2063/64    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC Carling Cup and FA Cup winners
2064/65    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2065/66    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2066/67    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2067/68    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and Carling Cup winners
2068/69    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and FA Cup winners
2069/70    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and FA Cup winners
2070/71    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

This season was a massive success with the squad we had so I'm looking to offload a couple more of the signed players to move a step closer to the all-T&M squad. Sparrow and Ndlovu look the most likely to leave, Crnjak and MacDonald will probably retire at the club leaving me just Prinz and Parker to let go at some point.

Next season could well be the first time that we lose out on the title for a long time.

Good update there, dafuge. With regards to the academy products, do you just pick up any half capable ones in their position and work on them in training to get just enough out of them, or do you retrain decent prospects in other positions to cover where you're lacking?

I ask because I have never had even a Championship level full-back come through my academy and this is probably the biggest problem to me attempting an all-Merthyr squad. It's annoying because I've got 5 good/leading Premier ability and/or potential central midfielders now, plus one winger for each side, and a goalkeeper, then a couple of centrebacks and strikers who aren't too bad, but absolutely zero fullbacks.

Good update there, dafuge. With regards to the academy products, do you just pick up any half capable ones in their position and work on them in training to get just enough out of them, or do you retrain decent prospects in other positions to cover where you're lacking?

I ask because I have never had even a Championship level full-back come through my academy and this is probably the biggest problem to me attempting an all-Merthyr squad. It's annoying because I've got 5 good/leading Premier ability and/or potential central midfielders now, plus one winger for each side, and a goalkeeper, then a couple of centrebacks and strikers who aren't too bad, but absolutely zero fullbacks.

I sometimes retrain players if they have a lot of potential but don't fit my system, for example old club legend Steve Shutt was a MC retrained to become a DM. I'm ok for full backs, I have a wonderkid right back but could do with at least a couple more.

I sometimes retrain players if they have a lot of potential but don't fit my system, for example old club legend Steve Shutt was a MC retrained to become a DM. I'm ok for full backs, I have a wonderkid right back but could do with at least a couple more.

So you've never had an issue with literally no capable players in a single position? I'm hoping this is just a matter of time for me as we've only had the Youth Academy for 3 or 4 seasons now, having previously just been Excellent Facilities.

So you've never had an issue with literally no capable players in a single position? I'm hoping this is just a matter of time for me as we've only had the Youth Academy for 3 or 4 seasons now, having previously just been Excellent Facilities.

No, not really. Lat time I went for the all-youth squad I was able to build a squad with at least two good players for each position, it just took a very long time.

Season     League               Position    Achievements
2010/11    Blue Square South    10th       
2011/12    Blue Square South    1st         Promoted as Champions

Just mastered this, up to date to my game, and I will include it each season review now :)

Iv just made an attempt at upgrading my stadium and Im getting the message about planing permission and there not being enough room for an expansion. My stadium is only 4000 in capacity and I havent had it increased at all yet.

Does anybody think I will get a new stadium soonish because of this? Im in my 3rd season and in BSP so it seems unlikely. Also, is there a limit on the amount of new stadiums you get? Thanks :)

Iv just made an attempt at upgrading my stadium and Im getting the message about planing permission and there not being enough room for an expansion. My stadium is only 4000 in capacity and I havent had it increased at all yet.

Does anybody think I will get a new stadium soonish because of this? Im in my 3rd season and in BSP so it seems unlikely. Also, is there a limit on the amount of new stadiums you get? Thanks :)

The chances are you won't get a new stadium until you reach the Premier League as 4000 is big enough until then. I don't think there is a limit, but I imagine they will get to a certain size that means it just isn't worth building a new one.

The chances are you won't get a new stadium until you reach the Premier League as 4000 is big enough until then. I don't think there is a limit, but I imagine they will get to a certain size that means it just isn't worth building a new one.

I see, so if you were to continue playing your game you think you would get a 4th to get you over 100K?

I see, so if you were to continue playing your game you think you would get a 4th to get you over 100K?

Quite possibly, as the board have recently changed their response from 'we don't need to exapnd it' to 'it's not possible to expand it. Unfortunately because my current stadium was recently built, I might need to wait another 15 years before anything happens.

Boston United 2012/13

Media Prediction: 23rd

Board Expectations: Avoid Relegation

Final League Position: 3rd (Promoted via playoffs)

FA Cup: 4th qualifying round

FA Trophy: Semi Finals

Another excellent season for me, winning my second consecutive promotion, I did it the hard way this time though, after finishing 3rd in the league on goal difference, with the 2 teams above me on 79 points also. I could have gone up automatically had my players not bottled matches against lower placed teams late on in the season. We did make it up in the end though, by beating York 3-1 in the playoff final with Bobby Traynor grabbing a brace, which is good fortune really becaue he almost didn't play, my main striker, Higginson was out during the semi finals with an injury, but was back for the final, although only at around 80% condition. I considered starting Higginson as he's pretty much my best player, but the Traynor and Hamed partnership had worked in the semi final first leg (they both grabbed a goal a piece), so I thought I'd leave Higginson on the bench with a view to him coming on later if I needed a goal. Traynor repaid my faith in him to hand him a huge start, and I didn't even need to risk Higginson.

As for the cups, I got knocked out of the FA Cup in the 4th qualifying round by Rushden and Diamonds (they knocked me out last season, too), however, I extracted some revenge by dumping them out of the FA Trophy on my way to a semi final, where I lost to Kettering on penalties :(. I wonder if I can manage to go a season without drawing Rushden in a cup.

My transfers for the season. Not a lot of movement really, just some strengthining, and shipping out a few players who were surplus to requirements.

Here are my overall player stats for the season.

Player of The Season: Conor Higginson

Signed this guy on a free from Mansfield after his contract expired, despite an unlucky season injury wise, he still managed to bag 21 goals, 14 assists and 8 MotM's and was one of the main reasons I scored so many. Scored some cracking goals too, just hope I can hold onto him.

Other Key Players

Craig Westcarr: Was fantastic again, grabbing 13 goals and 8 assists from out wide, was my highest scoring non-striker.

Radwan Hamed: Signed last season as a back up to Wilde as my deep lying forward. This season however, Wilde was awful (15 games, 1 goal, 6.78 rating). Hamed stepped in as the foil to his pacy partner fantastically, and was actually the clubs leading scorer with 21 goals and 10 assists. Also bagged a vital goal in the playoff first leg. Always seemed to pop up in the right place to score after a save or a block.

Yoann Folly: Not as dominant this time round, but was still consistent, and adapted to the MCd role well despite his PPM "gets forward at every opportunity" which sadly he refuses to unlearn.

Luca-Coleman Carr: Had a few injuries this season but was still solid when present at the LB position.

Eunan O'Kane: new addition to the centre of midfield, added a bit of a creative touch to what was a largely physical based midfield the previous season.

Bobby Traynor: Filled in excellently for when Higginson was injured, netting 18 goals, plus, of course, the brace in the playoff final.

Aim for next seaon: Survival. I expect the step up to league football to be a lot harder than that of BSN to BSP. In order to do this, I'm going to have to make some shrewd off season signings and improve our defence, which was weak by BSP standards, ranking 16th in the league.

Career Overview

Season         League                  Position            Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North       13th                    
2011/12        Blue Square North       1st                 Promoted as champions
2012/13        Blue Square Premier     3rd                 Promoted via playoffs

Took Oxford City over, pretty much relegated, 37 games into the season and i am second from bottom 9 points adrift :(

I been using my own tatics, which have worked well for my other teams, it simply that the group of players i have got are no where near the standard.

There confidence is also been destroyed.

Took Oxford City over, pretty much relegated, 37 games into the season and i am second from bottom 9 points adrift :(

I been using my own tatics, which have worked well for my other teams, it simply that the group of players i have got are no where near the standard.

There confidence is also been destroyed.

I had to change from my 4-1-3-2 to a 4-3-3. How many new players have you bought in?

Oxford City 2010/2011 Season Overview

Well what a complete disappointment, after really decent start gaining to 9th in the table round the start of November, I thought that relegation would not be happening at the end of the season, but come 3 games before the end when the whistle blew at AFC Telford ground Our fate had been sealed. Where it went wrong, simply the team lacked quality and team spirit, bringing in 15 new players at the start of the season destroyed any hope of team spirit, but I thought the better quality of player coming in would offset that.... the thing is with the clubs reputation as Obscure there no quality to attract. What I will learn from this will be, to gain parent clubs and take there players on loan, while remaining a core squad that I have been given at the start of the season. To be honest it quite sad that I am leaving this club, you get attached.

Division   Position          Team                 Achievements 
BSN        21st              Oxford City          Relegated

League Table:

http://www.imagelodge.net/imgs/tommyguns/Screen-shot-2010-08-18-at-21-36-252ht.png

Transfers:

http://www.imagelodge.net/imgs/tommyguns/Screen-shot-2010-08-18-at-21-36-252ht.png

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2071/72

With the non-T&M players now cut to just four, things were definitely going to get tough.

League Table

League Positions Graph

It was a thrilling season as we gradually caught the league leaders throughout the season. Going into the last game of the season we were second on goals scored, then we lost. This means it is Ipswich who manage to end our run of 19 consecutive titles.

Community Shield - great start to the season.

UEFA Super Cup - could have gone either way really.

FIFA Club World Cup - this was something new for us, it was the first match we had ever lost in this competition. The kids beat Cruzeiro in the 3rd place match.

Carling Cup - this was low on our priorities and it was almost a relief when Ipswich beat us.

FA Cup - it was an unlikely cup run that ended in dramatic fashion.

UEFA Champions League - we finished 2nd in the group stage which gave us a tough draw. I was making use of my Italian in the knockout rounds where Inter eventually beat us in the semi final.

Squad - there's still some talent here, but most of it was bought.

The Youth Products - we look good in central defence and up front, but there are a few positions lacking in quality elsewhere.

Transfers - just the last batch of stars to leave.

Key Player Profiles:

Geoff Tynan - he'll carry the side for years.

Dean Parker - one of the 'final four', we will miss him.

Alexander Prinz - he'll probably be the last to leave, just because we are short of full backs.

Jamie MacDonald - he's still got a couple of years in him but I'm hoping he'll retire.

Toni Crnjak - he's past it now. Hopefully he'll announce his retirement otherwise I might let him go.

Career Overview

2070/71    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, CWC and Champions League winners
2071/72    Barclays Premier League  2nd       FA Cup finalists

Next Season

The trophies have disappeared and all I have left is to take the final leap and go all-T&M. Ideally I'd like to do it for next season but it depends on the new intake and the older players possibly retiring.

How do people sign decent enough players at the start of the game, i am finding that hardly anyone will come near the club that because of reputation is at obscure, yet people on here seem to sign a good team.

Could it be because it on 10.3 ???

Archived