• Created
  • Last Reply

Cambridge City - 2010/11 - Blue Square South

Media prediction: 21st

Actual finish: 1st - Promoted

League Table

Transfers

Future Transfers

Started off with 3 new players agreeing to come to Cambridge before I was added to the game, these being Darryl Coakley, Adam Tann, and Joe Day. I then managed to strengthen my team by signing a few players released by Rangers and Celtic and bringing in two players on loan. My 1st game in charge was a nightmare, somehow Woking only managed to beat us 1-0, this made me determined to try and strengthen the team even more, thats why a lot of my signings were made in August and September. We finished the season in poor form, and drawing too many games, which nearly left us having to go into the playoffs, but we were lucky that Chemlsford and Woking were also slipping up, allowing us to win the league

Highlight of the season was getting to the third round of the FA Cup, but the dream was short lived when we got thrased by Chelsea Lowlight of the season was losing 5-3 to Grays when 2-0 up at halftime

Squad

Player Stats

Star Players

Dylan McGeouch and Blue Square South player of the year Daniel Powell

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11         Blue Square South         1st            Promoted - Champions

Harrow Borough Season 2011/12

League: Blue Square Premier

Media Prediction: 24th

Expectations: Avoid Relegation

Here are my transfers.

I was finding loads of great central midfielders and strikers, and couldn't get a half-decent wide player for love nor money. So I switched to a 4-3-3. Given a more supporting role, Jabuti had a fairly quiet season, but Chris Dickson tore it up, with 39 goals in all competitions. Along with veteran Pedro Moutinho, they formed my ace strikeforce. We ran away with the league, and won the FA Trophy too, but unfortunately lost in the second round of the FA Cup to Chester of the BS South, depriving us of much-needed funds. My finances are really not good right now.

League Table.

Merthyr Tydfil - Mid Season Update

League - So far i have done better than I expected with only being 3 points behind Newport County at the half way stage, after just being beaten by them. The top of the table is extremely close with the league leaders only 4 points away from 6th place, which should make the run in very exciting.

FA Cup - Got a 3rd round match against Southampton coming up, haven't had a difficult run I so far, the most difficult tie so far was a second round tie against Mansfield who i beat 2-1.

FA Trophy - Knocked out of the first round after losing 3-2 to Kidderminster.

Transfers

Squad

Player Stats

Dartford - 2010/11 - Blue Square South

Media prediction: 15th

Actual finish: 10th - Top Half Finish

League Table

Positions Graph

FA Cup / FA Trophy

Season Summary:

There is only one word to describe this season... “Inconsistent” as you can see from the graph we went through unbeaten runs breaking the record then we went 10 games without a win which coincidently was when Christiano Kisuka went on his longest goal drought which spanned over those 10 games. Also Charlton became our Parent Club and loaned us Carl Jenkinson who got about 2 games in the season.

My Squad were really young seeing as I snapped most of them up from Celtic and Rangers on free transfers so my oldest starting 11 player was off 22 years of age and goes by the name of James McQuilkin, with the squad being very young this might explain half of the fact we were inconsistent but I felt toward the end of the season they were starting to gel and become a real team.

In fact it was down to the last game to see whether we could snatch the last playoff place, we had to beat in form Bromley who finished second, and we needed Forest Green to lose against Welling, Havant & W were up against St Albans and Braintree were playing Lewes and if either of them won and us and Forest green didn’t win they would take the spot by a single point.

This is how we did. We Were completely and Utterly outplayed and I’m surprised we even manage to get a goal let alone 2 it was a very strong showing from Bromley who deserved their place in the playoffs, Forest green could only manage a 2-2 all draw which meant that Havant and W who thrashed St Albans 3-0 took the last playoff spot seeing as Braintree managed a 0-0 Draw with Lewes

Transfers

Finances

Squad and 2

Star Players

Christiano Kisuka – Brought on a free transfer after Rangers released him, he managed to win BSS Player of the Season and was the clubs top goalscorer and the Leagues to Assister with 15 Assists and 19 Goals in the league but unfortunately he was inconsistent too but next year he should be better and hungrier for goals.

Kyle Hutton – Didn’t make much of an impact till mid season and then he was on fire but as soon as he was praised in the media he threatened to quit English football (bit extreme) and then the next game the opposition took him out and we lost him till the last 2 or 3 matches.

Next Season Goals

• Automatic Promotion

• Good Run in Cups

Career Overview

2010/11         Blue Square South         10th               

Harrow Borough Season 2012/13

League: Coca-Cola League 2

Here are my transfers.

I stuck with a 4-3-3, although I played more defensively this year. My tactics were never great and I found myself constantly tweaking them, but we did enough to win the league again. My star players were Daniel Nardiello, Reuben Reid and loan star Gavin Hoyte. We also got Simone Dell'Agnello on loan from Liverpool and while he couldn't score (once going over 20 hours between goals) he got very high ratings.

League Table.

We lost in the first round of the Johnstone's Paint Foofarah, but did much better in the FA Cup, reaching the 4th round where we narrowly lost to Premier League Aston Villa. The highlight was a 5-0 tonking of League One Oldham in the 3rd round, which bodes very well for next year.

Finances remain a huge concern. We go into League One with a capacity of just 3070 and it's not even all-seater - is that legal! Training facilities are also basic. We have £480k in the bank and no debts, but board are too tight to do anything, so I suppose I will have to sell players to fund the club.

Harrow Borough Season 2013/14

League: Coca-Cola League 1

Here are my transfers.

I thought teams had essentially reacted to my 4-3-3, plus I somehow managed to persuade Ross Wallace to join us, so I switched to a 4-4-2. But it was a desperately disappointing season. I hadn't expected to walk away with the league again, but I did expect playoffs. As you can see from the table, our biggest problem was the leaky defence. The centre backs were terrible and I just couldn't get things right there. Our best players were Wallace and Sam Baldock, another highlight was Hawar Mulla Mohammed getting his 100th cap for Iraq with us.

League Table.

We lost to League Two Northampton in the first round of the St Johnstone's Timewaster, but did much better in the other competitions. League Cup we lost to Championship Southampton in the first round after a penalty shoot-out, and in the FA Cup we reached the 3rd round where we lost to Nottingham Forest, again on penalties.

Overall I am thinking of abandoning the challenge. I am finding the financial aspect very frustrating. I have a wage bill of just 24k per week and running a squad at the very bare bones, and I am still losing money. I've turned down offers from clubs which would give me a wage bill more than ten times greater than what I have. The stadium is still tiny and the board won't expand or even invest in training facilities. I feel like I am running in a wheel. I will continue through the summer and see whether I am going to continue this long-term.

Merthyr Tydfil - 2010/11 - Blue Square South

Media Prediction: 21st

Actual Finish: 1st, Champions

League Table

Transfers

Squad

League Stats

After a good start to the season are squad managed to push on and battle it out with Newport County for the top spot in the league. It came down to a very tense final game of the season with us only just winning the league, we were second at one stage of the final day, by scrapping through to beat Bishop's Stortford 1-0. Strengthened the squad after January with a couple of free transfers to add a bit more depth to the squad. Next season may lead me to selling a few of my reserves to get the wage budget down.

Star Players

Jordan Lowdon

Michael Noble

Michael Lee-Charles

Season		League			League Finish	Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11		Blue Square South	1st		League Champions 

Harrow Borough Season 2013/14

Here are my transfers.

I thought teams had essentially reacted to my 4-3-3, plus I somehow managed to persuade Ross Wallace to join us, so I switched to a 4-4-2. But it was a desperately disappointing season. I hadn't expected to walk away with the league again, but I did expect playoffs. As you can see from the table, our biggest problem was the leaky defence. The centre backs were terrible and I just couldn't get things right there. Our best players were Wallace and Sam Baldock, another highlight was Hawar Mulla Mohammed getting his 100th cap for Iraq with us.

League Table.

We lost to League Two Northampton in the first round of the St Johnstone's Timewaster, but did much better in the other competitions. League Cup we lost to Championship Southampton in the first round after a penalty shoot-out, and in the FA Cup we reached the 3rd round where we lost to Nottingham Forest, again on penalties.

Overall I am thinking of abandoning the challenge. I am finding the financial aspect very frustrating. I have a wage bill of just 24k per week and running a squad at the very bare bones, and I am still losing money. I've turned down offers from clubs which would give me a wage bill more than ten times greater than what I have. The stadium is still tiny and the board won't expand or even invest in training facilities. I feel like I am running in a wheel. I will continue through the summer and see whether I am going to continue this long-term.

I wish I had a 24k per week budget... I think the key is to go after players who have been unemployed for a relatively long time (wage demands seem to drop sharply after about a year of unemployment), and players who don't make a lot of money at their current club (i.e. players released from academies, as opposed to first team players from a lower league). here are my player salaries:

link

Joe Gamble is my captain and one of my best players. he only asked for 275 p/w because he was released in July 2012 and I didn't sign him until July 2013. Stephen Elliott - released in April 2010, signed in July 2012. his contract was even cheaper but he got an automatic raise when we were promoted... Gary Dicker - released July 2012, signed July 2013. these are probably my 3 best players overall... meanwhile my starting centre backs make 150 p/w each, because they're 19 years old and were released from League One / Championship academies.

I can't afford to sign any players who are first team players in League Two. even some BSP players make too much money... most transfer listed players in higher leagues aren't affordable either. I can't begin to tell you how many players I had to give lowball offers and got rejected... you just have to spend some time searching through the free transfer list every summer.

Harrow Borough Season 2014/15

Media Prediction: 17th

Expectations: Safe Mid-Table position

Here are my transfers part 1 and part 2.

The reason for all this activity is that despite our fine performances last season, the board drastically cut the wage bill. So I sold the entire team apart from Ross Wallace and Hawar, and signed a whole new team out of loans and free transfers. I also released our entire youth setup because, sad to say, I needed that little bit extra on the wage bill. It was far from an ideal team - I missed out on a lot of good players who I just couldn't accomodate within my wage bill, and obviously we needed to gel, but what kept me going was that the board announced a new stadium. It will take two years to build, and I will have to keep scraping the barrel until then, but that at least gave me some kind of light at the end of the tunnel.

Once again I played a 4-4-2, but modified it some more so Wallace didn't have to track back. He and Josh Simpson pulled the strings in midfield, with 49 assists between them, but our stars were the strikers, former Charlton man Serges Delbe, and Neil Smith, who Liverpool kindly let me have on loan. Between them they scored 58 goals, which is what got us promoted despite our leaky defence. We were the best team in the division, but a congested fixture list and too many draws let Swindon win the title.

League Table.

In the League Cup we lost in the first round to Championship Fulham after extra time. In the FA Cup we reached the third round, then lost to a late goal away to Premier League Birmingham. And in the Johnstone's Paint Timewaster we actually managed to win the whole thing, beating Nottingham Forest 3-2 at Wembley in front of 80,000. A good season in the cups.

I wish I had a 24k per week budget... I think the key is to go after players who have been unemployed for a relatively long time (wage demands seem to drop sharply after about a year of unemployment), and players who don't make a lot of money at their current club (i.e. players released from academies, as opposed to first team players from a lower league). here are my player salaries:

link

Joe Gamble is my captain and one of my best players. he only asked for 275 p/w because he was released in July 2012 and I didn't sign him until July 2013. Stephen Elliott - released in April 2010, signed in July 2012. his contract was even cheaper but he got an automatic raise when we were promoted... Gary Dicker - released July 2012, signed July 2013. these are probably my 3 best players overall... meanwhile my starting centre backs make 150 p/w each, because they're 19 years old and were released from League One / Championship academies.

I can't afford to sign any players who are first team players in League Two. even some BSP players make too much money... most transfer listed players in higher leagues aren't affordable either. I can't begin to tell you how many players I had to give lowball offers and got rejected... you just have to spend some time searching through the free transfer list every summer.

That's exactly what I do. When I was in League Two as you are my budget was actually a little lower than yours. The problem is that as you move up the divisions you need better players, but my board isn't letting me get them - the budget is not keeping pace with the division I'm in. I'm not quitting just yet because there's now light at the end of the tunnel, but it's frustrating. I'm in the Championship with all the money you get from that, I sold £3.4m of players this summer, and what wage bill does my team allow me? £29.5k. Aaagh! Just that money I raised in player sales would cover a wage bill of £65k per week, it's very annoying. If the board would stop sabotaging me I'd be in the Premier League. Instead I have to try and survive in the Championship. If I can stay up this year, I'll get my new stadium, and hopefully the board will start being sensible. If they don't, I'll quit the challenge, because at the risk of hyperbole I feel like Marlborough.

Ahh fair enough :(

As for my game, I've spent a few hours going through pre-season, got a pretty good squad together I think, offered out loads of trials and picked up who I thought was a good player, can't find any decent DM's for the life of me though, which seeing as I was planning on a narrow 4-1-3-2 is quite dissapointing. Going to have to change my plans now it seems and either go 5 in midfield, or a flat 4-4-2. I'll probably go with the 5 in midfield as I have a very good French CM/AM and Peterborough (parent club) sent me a young striker on loan who's pretty decent so they could form a nice partnership. Would mean wasting a very good Irish striker I got my hands on though. I doubt I'll be able to play a flat 4-4-2 as I have no tackling in my midfield so will need the extra bodies there to counter-act that.

Found a half decentish DM, he's old and not that good but will fill a gap and allow me to play my narrow 4-1-3-2 which I think will work well at this level, will probably alternate between that a 5-3-2 as I don't think my DM willl be able to play too many full 90 mins and I have 3 good CB's, saying that, I may well switch to a 4-5-1 as I have some decent wingers and a fair few good CM's. Will see how it pans out.

Just played my first game against Gainsborough, won 2-0 :)

I'll post an update with all my transfer dealings etc on sometime tomorrow.

Canvey Island 2023/24 Report - EPL

the final hurdle

After finally winning the league last season, the board were wanting a similar repeat performance, with the media expecting the same. Pre-season odds also reflected this, though I wasn't at the front of the queue.

League - Positions -

Another fantastic start, with winning 4 out of the first 4, set the tone for the season almost. A double slip-up to the North London teams (defeat vs Arsenal and a draw @ Spurs) put me on the back-foot almost, chasing the leaders Arsenal until January, when they eventually had their own minor blip letting us take control. Barring a hiccup @ Wolves (1-2) we were unbeaten from the end of September until April, though we had been stuttering beforehand with a collection of draws against Man City, Sheff Utd and Ipswich (for the second time).

This left the door open for Arsenal to claim back the advatange, which they did slashing the gap from 10 points to just a couple. Tight and cagey wins against West Ham, Wolves and Hull meant that we maintained the top spot with one game to go. But whilst we had to travel to europe-chasing Man Utd, Arsenal only had to play the already relegated Hammers.

Despite dominating the majority of the game, we couldn't extend our lead any further than the 1 we had, but that was all that was needed to claim a successive legue title.

Cups

Community Shiled - Canvey Island 1-3 Tottenham Hotspur

Not the best of peformances in the curtain raiser of the season, but then again it wasn't important in the grand scheme of things.

FA Cup

3rd rd - Canvey Island 1-1 Liverpool

3rd rd rep - Liverpool 0-4 Canvey Island

4th rd - Canvey Island 4-0 Oxford United

5th rd - Canvey Island 1-1 Everton

5th rd rep - Everton 0-3 Canvey Island

6th rd - Canvey Island 1-0 Newcastle United

Semi Final - Canvey Island 0-1 Manchester City

4 consecutive home draws was a nice welcome surprise, especially missing anyone of note in the first couple of rounds. The semi fell right in the middle of our hiccup around April time, and we didn't really deserve to go through past this stage.

Carling Cup

3rd rd - Aston Villa 4-4p Canvey Island (aet)(8-9 pens)

4th rd - Canvey Island 1-0 Chelsea

Quarter Final - Canvey Island 1-0 Liverpool

Semi Final leg 1 - Canvey Island 0-0 Tottenham Hotspur

Semi Final leg 2 - Tottenham Hotspur 0-3 Canvey Island (0-3 agg)

Final - Canvey Island 1-0 Everton

I'm still trying to work out how we got through that 3rd round tie, we had no business taking that past 90 mins to be honest. Superb defence through the remainder of the games though, especially as I was using mostly fringe players throughout the run.

Euro Super Cup - Canvey Island 4-2 Real Madrid C.F. (ESP)

The reward for winning the Euro Cup last season was a run-out against the reigning ECC holders, which showed the first real signs that we could progress far in the premier European competition.

European Champions Cup

Winning the league last year meant that I didn't have to go through any of the qualifiers this year, and my recent European adventures ensured that I managed to squeeze into the second pot of seeds. This was reflected in the pre-season odds for the tournament, the bookies not expecting a fairytale story in our first season in the competition. That though didn't help matters, being drawn in one of the tougher groups conspiring of Lyon, Stuttgart and Genoa.

Matchday 1 - Canvey Island 0-0 VfB Stuttgart (GER)

Matchday 2 - Olympique Lyonnais (FRA) 1-1 Canvey Island

Matchday 3 - Genoa (ITA) 2-5 Canvey Island

Matchday 4 - Canvey Island 1-0 Genoa (ITA)

Matchday 5 - VfB Stuttgart (GER) 1-0 Canvey Island

Matchday 6 - Canvey Island 1-0 Olympique Lyonnais (FRA)

Group G Final Table

A defeat in that final group game would have sent me out, but we produced a great defensive 2nd half display to win the match and so the group.

1st ko rd leg 1 - LOSC Lille Métropole (FRA) 1-2 Canvey Island

1st ko rd leg 2 - Canvey Island 3-0 LOSC Lille Métropole (FRA) (agg 5-1)

A lucky draw I got, since I could have gotten one of AC Milan, Atlético Madrid or Benfica. The 1st leg was eventually won with the 2nd being almost a formality.

Quarter Final leg 1 - Canvey Island 1-0 AC Milan (ITA)

Quarter Final leg 2 - AC Milan (ITA) 1-1 Canvey Island (aet) (agg 1-2)

So 2 games conspiring of 210 minutes (or so) and our goals came in the 1st and 207th minutes of the tie, now that's what you call timing :cool:

Semi Final leg 1 - Canvey Island 3-2 Futebol Clube de Porto - SAD (POR)

Semi Final leg 2 - Futebol Clube de Porto - SAD (POR) 1-1 Canvey Island (agg 3-4)

I don't understand how after being carved open time and time again in the home leg we kept then so quiet in the away leg, though we almost gave it to them once Rooney had scored the decisive goal.

So, for the second year in a row, we were in a European final, against the mighty Inter Milan, who had 4 CLs under their belts including the one won just 2 seasons beforehand.

FINAL - Canvey Island 1-0 FC Internazionale (ITA)

Fully deserved victory in a tight game, even if we had to wait longer than I would've wanted to score what turned out to be the winner.

Squad (1)(2)

More or less the same as it has been the last couple of years, but with the likes of Pepe, Reo-Coker retiring in the summer and Essien oddly in January, some new young blood was brought in. Same rotation policy as last year played its part, and its nice to see all the goals spread around also.

Millward's Player Choice Award (basically who I think deserves our Player of the Season before the Fan's vote...)

2010/11 - Luke Thurlbourne MC

2011/12 - Chris Todd DC

2012/13 - Scott Smith DL

2013/14 - Dean Lodge AMR

2014/15 - Dean Hammond MC

2015/16 - Luciano Napoli ST

2016/17 - Borja ST

2017/18 - László Horváth MC

2018/19 - Leonid Gerasimov GK

2019/20 - Oscar Ustari GK

2020/21 - Khouma Babacar ST

2021/22 - Steve Peacock DC

2022/23 - Ed Downing DC

2023/24 - Craig Pearce GK (1)(2)

There's a reason why he has been threatening to take over the goal-keeper's position for good in the last couple of seasons and this time he did just that. Also getting some worldwide noticement by getting into the World Team of the Year (along with Horváth) following in the great Ustari's footsteps.

Transfers - Failure to keep Downing at the club despite my efforts were slightly annoying, not as much as the constant bickering of Bell which caused the sale of him also. Also odd to see Thiele being chased by Inter only 6 months after missing the chance to get him on a free in the summer, especially as my youngster Cook was picked ahead of him when I needed my strongest line-up.

Finances - We ALMOST made a profit without including transfer sales, though with over £250m in the bank I'm not that bothered how the money comes in to be honest.

Confidence - I keep beating the expectations set down for me, though I'm not sure for how much longer since there's only so much they can ask for in one go.

History

2010/11 - BSS: 3rd, defeat in playoff semi-finals

2011/12 - BSS: 1st

2012/13 - BSP: 1st

2013/14 - CCL2: 1st

2014/15 - CCL1: 7th

2015/16 - CCL1: 1st

2016/17 - CCC: 8th

2017/18 - CCC: 1st

2018/19 - EPL: 7th

2019/20 - EPL: 6th, LC winners

2020/21 - EPL: 6th, FA winners

2021/22 - EPL: 5th

2022/23 - EPL: 1st, EC winners

2023/24 - EPL: 1st, ECC winners, LC winners

-------------------------CHALLENGE COMPLETE----------------------

The Trophy Cabinet

Blue Square South - 2011/12

Blue Square Premier - 2012/13

Coca-Cola League 2 - 2013/14

Coca-Cola League 1 - 2015/16

Coca-Cola Championship - 2017/18

League Cup - 2019/20, 2023/24

FA Cup - 2020/21

Community Shield - 2021/22

English Premier League - 2022/23, 2023/24

Euro Cup - 2022/23

European Super Cup - 2023/24

European Champions Cup - 2023/24

Aims for next season: Now that I've done the challenge, I think the next logical step is to try and see how far a fully HG side can go, then eventually see how much well I can do with a side full of academy graduates.. A clean sweep of trophies would be a nice aim to get also at some point.

Harrow Borough Season 2015/16

League: Coca-Cola Championship

Here are my Transfers.

Yet again I sold my entire team and tried to sign replacements on a free transfer. This was necessary because despite promotion my board did not increase the wage bill - and of course all my players got 25% pay rises. The advantage of this is it raises money, and often I am able to get better players at cheaper wages, released by other teams. The disadvantage is that you might find yourself very short in one position or other, just by chance - until now I'd been lucky, but this year it came back to bite me. I simply could not get even a half-decent striker. I ended up playing a 4-2-3-1, with the lone striker either the withered remains of Didier Drogba, or Simone Dell'Agnello - who'd barely been able to score when on loan with us in League Two. As a result we struggled to score all season long, and in the first third of the season I really thought we would be relegated. Fortunately we managed to turn things around in the second half (mostly by tightening up at the back) and somehow sneaked into the playoffs!

League Table.

In the playoffs we got Sheffield United in the semis. We lost the first leg 2-0 at home, but in the return leg we managed to go in up 2-0 at half-time, levelling the tie. The game went to extra time,

then penalties. Mutch missed the crucial spot-kick, and Sheffield United broke our hearts. Our new stadium would be opening in the Championship, not the Premier League.

In the League Cup we lost 3-2 to Premier League Birmingham in the Second Round. In the FA Cup we beat Premier League Blackburn in the 3rd round, but lost on a replay in the 4th round to Championship side Bolton. Not great in the cups, not terrible either.

Boston United 2013/14: League Two

Media prediction: 24th

Actual finish: 1st, promoted

I honestly expected a relegation battle so, to my great surprise, we easily managed to get promoted to League One for the first time in the club's history. Not only that, but we reached the Johnstone's Paint Trophy North Final (actually the semifinal of the competition), as well as the 5th round of the FA Cup, beating Championship club Derby en route. These matches weren't exactly classics - I played a super-defensive 4-1-4-1... had some fixture congestion as a result of these cup adventures.

Transfers

League Table

Star players:

Gary Dicker - season cut short by injury.

Joe Gamble.

Jake Buxton - season cut short by injury.

Stephen Elliott

Inigo Sola - season cut short by... injury.

And here's everyone in my squad I think is remotely good enough for League One. Not a lot of defenders as you can see...

I anticipate a long season ahead of us. Even out of that squad list, I'd say only about 3-4 players are good enough to be regular starters in League One. Nonetheless, I'm happy enough to have been promoted at the first time of asking. League One: to boldly go where no Boston United manager has ever gone.

2010/11         Blue Square North         1st            Promoted - Champions
2011/12         Blue Square Premier       2nd            Lost in Playoff Final
2012/13         Blue Square Premier       1st            Promoted - Champions
2013/14         League Two                1st           Promoted - Champions

Just got a draw against the league leaders with a much improved performance, not a win, but still, an excellent result.

Fans are idiots. We're on a bad run of form get a point away from home against the league leaders who have been ripping apart every defence in the league, and they're dissapointed.

Harrow Borough Season 2016/17

League: Coca-Cola Championship

Media Prediction: 9th

Expectations: Respectable league position.

Here are my transfers Part 1 and Part 2.

I switched to a 4-4-2. My best players were Marco Angelo and Antonio Formica, both strikers on loan from Man Utd. Joe Cole was something of a disappointment. I paid my first ever transfer fee to get John Fleck - and I'm not sure how he did. His overall rating was just 6.95, but he did get 15 goals and 16 assists.

I had a much better team this year, and we started off the year brilliantly, leading the table for ages. Then we collapsed mid-season, and were well outside the playoffs. We then clawed our way back up the table, and secured a playoff spot on the last day of the season, then beat Blackburn and Leeds to finally get ourselves promoted to the Premier League. Yay.

League Table.

In the League Cup we lost to Swansea on penalties in the second round. In the FA Cup we lost to Premier League side Aston Villa in the fifth round.

Financially the board have loosened some of the strings, and hopefully they will loosen them even more, because my policy of selling the whole team every season and only buying free transfers has left me with a very old and limited side (which is why I've struggled to get out of the Championship). If I want to stay up I'm going to have to get a lot younger and a lot better in a hurry. The board should be willing to do this because the new stadium has more than doubled our income, and being in the Premier League should give us loadsamoney.

SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil - Season 27 - 2036/37

Story of the Season:

Premier League: An opening day 4-1 defeat against Liverpool didn't bode well, but that seemed to galvanise us, as we smashed our way to a P24 W22 L2 record. I started blooding far too many youngsters to be really competitive at this point, but we still didn't drop that many points on our way to regaining our crown.

Champions League: Absolutely blew the competition away yet again, only Man City in the semi providing any real resistance. Still dismantled them 3-0 on aggregate, then beat Celtic 4-1 in the final.

FA Cup: A trophy we'd missed out on the last couple of seasons, we had a fairly easy run to the final, where we overcame a strong Aston Villa side 2-1.

League Cup: The youngsters and reserves were doing us proud until an inexplicable 2-0 loss in the second leg of the semi.

Minor Competitions: Lost the European Super Cup, wasn't involved in the Charity Shield, inexplicably ballsed up the Club World Championship to finish 3rd and lose my 100% record in that competition.

Other News: Having lost Sasa Vukomanovic, my Assman of 18 years, in the summer, I appointed retiring former captain Tommy Fraser. He was superb, impeccable in press conferences, which I could not trust Sasa with, and coming in with sound advice when required. Unfortunately this work was noticed by Newcastle, who snapped him up as their manager so quick I didn't have an opportunity to make a counter offer. To be honest though, he'll do a great job and should not waste his career operating under someone else. No suitable candidates were available internally so I went external, hiring former Mexico manager David Echeverria.

Next Season:

Try and win all four proper trophies, keep the youth coming through.

5 Most Important Players:

Messed up the timing of the screenshot on these, sorry :thdn:

5. Magalhaes - AM/FC - Lost his place in the team for a bit, but the sparing use seemed to reinvigorate him.

4. Paulinho - GK - Coming up to 800 appearances for Merthyr, I've high hopes of him cracking the 1000 mark before his shot-stopping days are over. Will not play as many games next season though unfortunately due to a hip injury in preseason, not to mention a couple of promising youth keepers.

3. Ramon Colunga - DC - Outstanding pillar of strength at the back, truly rising to inherit Garate's mantle.

2. John Hollis - ST - Scored some wonderful, not to mention important, goals but not quite in the quantities of last year's breakthrough. I'm sure he'll push on though.

1. Andres Ruiz - ST - Went from being a squad player to first name on the team sheet in important matches. His superiority in the air over any of our other strikers made him an excellent outlet and partner for Hollis and Maggio.

At a Glance:

Premier League - 1st, Champions

Champions League - Winners

FA Cup - Winners

League Cup - Semi Final (lost v Leicester)

Club World Championship - Third Place

European Super Cup - Runners Up (lost v Arsenal)

Transfers - £7m Profit

History:

Season    League                  Position  Achievements                   
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South       1st       Blue Square South Champions,  Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st       Blue Square Premier  Champions, Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two    4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2013/14   Coca-Cola League One    6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Coca-Cola League One    4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2015/16   Coca-Cola League One    17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
2016/17   Coca-Cola League One    2nd       Promoted
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship  18th      None
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship  21st      None
2019/20   Coca-Cola Championship  9th       None
2020/21   Coca-Cola Championship  6th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2021/22   Premier League          13th      None
2022/23   Premier League          14th      None
2023/24   Premier League          9th       None
2024/25   Premier League          4th       League Cup Runners Up
2025/26   Premier League          1st       PL Champions
2026/27   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, LC  Winners
2027/28   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, LC  Winners, CWC Winners
2028/29   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, CWC Winners
2029/30   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners
2030/31   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, CWC Winners
2031/32   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners,  CWC Winners
2032/33   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners
2033/34   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners
2034/35   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, LC Winners
2035/36   Premier League          2nd       CL Winners
2036/37   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA Cup Winners

Merthyr Tydfil Academy Hall of Fame:

Found Paul Smith still in the game so added his info :)

Name                Pos        Era                    Apps   Goals     AvR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joe Thomas          DM/MC      2029-Present            366      36    7.02
Paul Smith          WB/AML     2013-2018, 2021-2023    219      12    6.87
Mike Williamson     DM/AMLC    2029-2035               175      12    6.76

Previous Season Reports:

Season 1 - 2010/11

Season 2 - 2011/12

Season 3 - 2012/13

Season 4 - 2013/14

Season 5 - 2014/15

Season 6 - 2015/16

Season 7 - 2016/17

Season 8 - 2017/18

Season 9 - 2018/19

Season 10 - 2019/20

Season 11 - 2020/21

Season 12 - 2021/22

Season 13 - 2022/23

Season 14 - 2023/24

Season 15 - 2024/25

Season 16 - 2025/26

Season 17 - 2026/27

Season 18 - 2027/28

Season 19 - 2028/29

Season 20 - 2029/30

Season 21 - 2030/31

Season 22 - 2031/32

Season 23 - 2032/33

Season 24 - 2033/34

Season 25 - 2034/35

Season 26 - 2035/36

SnakeXe's International Career - Unemployed - Season 27 - 2036/37

Story of the Season:

Nice and relaxing, very glad I quit Italy really, never really got their side playing the way I wanted. Won't take another international job bar England again, or the real objective which is Wales. The ultimate ambition in this save is to get the Merthyr academy producing enough good players to win Wales a major international tournament. Unfortunately Rhys Weston, the current incumbent, shows no signs of being sacked or quitting. What happened to the feature where you could declare interest in a job? His was insecure at the start of the season but just reset to stable.

Next Season:

England or Wales. Preferably Wales.

At a Glance:

Nothing to see here

History:

Season     Nation                  Achievements                  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2030/31   England                 None
2031/32   England                 European Championship Winners
2032/33   Italy                   None
2033/34   Italy                   World Cup Winners
2034/35   Italy                   None
2035/36   Italy                   European Championship Runners Up
2033/37   -                       None

Previous Season Reports:

Season 21 - 2030/31

Season 22 - 2031/32

Season 23 - 2032/33

Season 24 - 2033/34

Season 25 - 2034/35

Season 26 - 2035/36

Harrow Borough Season 2017/18

League: Premier Division

Media Prediction: 19th

Here are my Transfers.

As you see, after years of restraint I finally splashed out. I ran a very small squad and fortunately had few injuries. I focused on trying to bring in players who would be part of my future title-winning side - in particular that meant Guz' and Odedoyin. Those two were both excellent, but my best player was the left-back, Andres Lopez Garcia. In a sign of the times, all three are newgens.

League Table.

The table tells its own story - 38 games played, 34 goals. Inadequate strikers? Yes, in part, but also too defensive and narrow a midfield. I couldn't find good attacking midfielders (wide or central), so I was obliged to play a 4-1-3-2 and the goals just didn't flow. We were fine at the back though, which is why we were comfortably mid-table.

We lost in the 4th round of both Cups, Chelsea in the League Cup, Man City in the FA Cup.

The funnest save game I have ever had the privilege of playing has just suddenly disappeared from my documents because of some stupid virus :( So I created a new account. Goodbye Oxford City I'll try and get you on FM11, that is unless they didn't get promoted this year ?

Anyway I managed to recover the dafuge save point and have come up with Cambridge City. Will give you the profile soon :)

well, looks like we're in for a real relegation battle this time around. 5 points after 12 matches... two promotions in two years does have its drawbacks... we finally recorded our first win on October 7. that's right - we beat mighty Port Vale, bankrupt relegation candidates in League Two, in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. to add insult to injury (or the other way around I guess), Filipe Teixeira, our best player, broke his ankle in that match and will be out for at least 3 months.

it all went wrong when I blew half of my transfer budget on a mediocre right back, who proceeded to lose two games on his own (literally - I had a comfortable two goal lead in both of them before he decided to take matters into his own hands and give away a stupid penalty, or pass the ball to the opposition striker). as I was about to bench him, he tore a muscle in his groin to make the decision a lot easier on me. I guess I just got overexcited at being handed a 600,000 pound transfer budget - my previous record transfer was 3,500 pounds...

Boston United 2010/11

Blue Square North

Media Prediction: 16th

Expectations: Mid Table finish

Final League position: 13th

League Table

Quite a dissapointing season really, especially after such a good start where I was up in 2nd after 8 games. The squad really struggled to gel with a lot of new faces, and I changed formation a lot. I changed a lot between a narrow 4-1-3-2 to a 4-5-1/4-3-3, to a 4-4-2. Going to just stick with a basic 4-4-2 for next season.

Transfers

As you can see, a lot of change in the squad, best player was Luca Coleman-Carr who was on loan from Lincoln, was solid at LB and even popped up with a couple of goals. Other two important ones were Gavin Cowan who was solid in the centre of the defence, and Bobby Traynor who got me 18 goals in 36 starts and 5 sub appearances. Was pretty much the only person scoring for a large part of the season. Danny Mills, who was sent to me from parent club Peterborough, was largely dissapointing, he started off well, but then started to "feel the expectations of media pressure" or something like that and he never really recovered.

In the cups, I went out in the 3rd qualifying round of the FA Cup losing 2-0 to Bedford, and in the FA Trophy I lost on penalities in a replay against Eastwood in the 3rd qualifying round.

Targets for next season: Playoffs

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2066/67

Two consecutive Champions League final losses, it was time for us to get it right on the big stage.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Ipswich put up a good challenge but we pulled away as their fixtures piled up.

Community Shield - not a great start to the season but at least we won.

Carling Cup - the semi final comeback was the highlight as we beat Championship Chelsea to win the cup for a 4th consecutive time.

FA Cup - Man City were the only problem as we lifted the cup with a hattrick from a centre back in the final.

UEFA Champions League - our good defence got us to the final, where we sneaked a victory on penalties.

Squad - the balance of the squad is superb, although there are a few players who will need replacing soon.

Transfers - not a lot to see really as we just trimmed the squad a bit. Long term target Giovanni Aiello is joining on a free transfer and Thomas Ndlovu is joining for a stupidly high fee as I try to bring in more English players.

Key Player Profiles:

Axier - not quite his usual standard, but still great.

Erwin Michaux - he's under pressure for his position but he's still doing well.

Toni Crnjak - still class.

Dave Sparrow - a bargain at £11.5m last season.

Ulisses - another bargain at just £6.5m.

Career Overview

Season     League                   Position  Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Blue Square South        5th       Promoted via playoffs
2011/12    Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13    Blue Square Premier      2nd       Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14    Coca-Cola League 2       6th       Lost in playoff final
2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2       1st       Promoted as champions
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 1       4th       Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17    Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18    Coca-Cola Championship   6th       Lost in playoff semi
2018/19    Coca-Cola Championship   4th       Promoted via playoffs
2019/20    Barclays Premier League  16th 
2020/21    Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup finalists
2022/23    Barclays Premier League  7th       Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24    Barclays Premier League  3rd      
2024/25    Barclays Premier League  5th       Champions League finalists
2025/26    Barclays Premier League  3rd       Carling Cup finalists
2026/27    Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32    Barclays Premier League  3rd       Club World Cup winners
2032/33    Barclays Premier League  2nd       FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43    Barclays Premier League  5th       Club World Cup winners
2043/44    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2048/49    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners
2049/50    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Club World Cup winners
2050/51    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
2051/52    Barclays Premier League  4th       
2052/53    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
2053/54    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners
2054/55    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2055/56    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2056/57    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners
2057/58    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2058/59    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists
2059/60    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, CWC, and CL winners
2060/61    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, Carling Cup and CL finalists
2061/62    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2062/63    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC and FA Cup winners
2063/64    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC Carling Cup and FA Cup winners
2064/65    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2065/66    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2066/67    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners 

Next Season

I've had a couple of decent looking youngsters in Geoff Tynan and Adam Holt, so I'm going to try and integrate them into the squad and try and bring a more English feel to it. I'll still be signing foreigners, but I'll be looking out for more good English players.

As for my aims, I don't really have any at the moment. My club value has reached £1b, so the only other thing I would like is a stadium that holds 100k.

Archived