dafuge's FM10 challenge

Merthyr Tydfil-League Two-2014/15

Should have won but my defence was a bit weak. If we had won our last two games we would have won the title.

The first time that I have spent money on Mcdermott the ex-arsenal prospect, due to him being ex-arsenal I am aware of how good he can be. Otherwise generally good dealings.

Good allround preformance except the centre of the defence was weak.

Perfect is the only word which can be used to describe this as we were able to sort the finances perfectly.

Key Players

The academy graduate was superb again he really is a star.

Great signing as it suited the new formation of the wide midfield diamond. He was top scorer I believe and really made the difference.

Pope was straight from the academy and he proved to be another star and this was an unexpected bonus.

The first Goalkeeper I have been happy with.

Great left wing if a bit inconsistant

Season              League               Final Pos.          Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square South             1st              Automatic Promotion                                   
2011/12       Blue Square Premier           5th              Lost in Playoffs
2012/13       Blue Square Premier           2nd              Promoted via Playoffs
2013/14       League Two                    13th             N/A
2014/15       League Two                    3rd              Promoted

What Next?

Mid table finish with a bit of luck

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nuneaton Borough 2022-2023 - EPL 3rd season.

Hiya all, I decided to keep going with my save in the end. Year is 2022-2023. I was right in there in the race for the EPL title with 5 games to go, however I went and lost 3, drew 1 and won 1 and finished 5th after leading the table for spells. I'm not disappointed though, I was blatantly over-achieving with some results I definitely felt were lucky, away wins at Chelsea, Man Utd and Tottenham to name a few.

Still EUROCUP for a second season in a row, boosts the old club rep anyway atleast!!

Sheffield FC were promoted last season, losing only 1 game and getting an astonishing 113 points! Also, after they got to the 4th round of the FA Cup too, they have been given a kit sponsorship deal at £24.9m per annum which ends in 2012! Meaning I have a transfer budget of £14m, and wage budget of around £110k p/w!

So far, I have brought in;

Matias Chiacchio - Free - Unattached

Kevin Phillips - Free - Birmingham

Mounir El Haimour - Free - Barnsley

Arnaud Faget - Free - Biscarosse

Jean-Marc Le Rouzic - £5k - US Montagnarde

Marcus Hahneman - Free - Wolves

David Dargelosse - Free - US Saint-Malo

Richard Martin - £300k - Yeovil

Danny Butterfield - Free - Crystal Palace

Lilian Astier - Free - FC Mulhouse

Joel Adegoroye - Free - Unattached

Darren Dennehy - £275k - Cardiff

--

With those signings, and the ones the club had made beforehand, I should be able to get a safe mid-table position in the league ;D!

Nantwich Town – Premier League 2031/32 – Season 22

Well this took a rather long time to type up thanks to the Steam Sale, several new books and then the forums going down...

After completing a clean sweep last season more was expected this (adding the Super Cup and World Club Cup).

However I'd have to do it with a weaker side as I was forced to sell first teamers Muraccioli and Schmidt, whilst a load of squad players were sold on which brought in £100m (in four out of the last five years I've sold £100m worth of players), whilst £17 was spent bringing in promising youngsters including three Croatians from Dinamo.

The board again expected a Top Four finish, whilst the bookies and the media again made us Second favourites to Man City - who last won the league in 2023, the Champions League in 2028 and the FA Cup in 2018.

We kept our place as the number one seed in Europe and despite recieving next to no sponsorship money remained the Third Richest Club in the World.

Community Shield - We retained the Community Shield for qa record fifth year in a row with a comfortable win over Man City.

European Super Cup - We just about reclaimed this, despite controlling the entire game our finishing was poor.

Carling Cup - Went horribly wrong as we lost to Watford in extra-time in the Third Round, thanks to some woeful finishing.

World Club Cup - In December we jetted off to South Korea to attempt to reclaim the World Club Cup and we got off to a good start thrashing Seongnam 4-1 after dominating the entire game, in the Final we were equaly impressive claiming a 4-1 win over River Plate to claim the trophy for the second time, we even made a clean sweep of the Best Player Awards this season.

Premier League - We walked the league this season finally remaining unbeaten for the season and claimed the title after just 31 games - three of our draws were due to woeful finishing Sunderland and Watford games ended 0-0 whilst Barnsley claimed a 1-1 draw, our first draw was 1-1 to Man Utd after we gave away a first half penalty and spent the entire second half with 10 men, we finally equalisled in the 88th minute after Utd had been reduced to 10 men, we also drew 0-0 to Arsenal were we didn't turn up and my Keeper saved us, though the closest game was against Chelsea, we just didn't turn up and were 2-0 down until we got a soft pen in the 82nd minute, before being reduced to 10 men but we somehow claimed an equalisler in the 93rd minute to keep us unbeaten, rather annoying is the fact that we couldn't beat Chelseas Goal record of 93.

Champions League - We moved upto Third Favourites this season behind Real and Barcelona. In the Group Stage we draw Valencia, Galatasaray and Austria Wien and we just about managed to finish top of the group - we suffered a shock defeat to Valencia in our Second game and could only draw to Wien in our third game leaving us third in the group, however three wins in our final three games saw us leap frog Valencia.

In the Knockout Round we'd face Dutch side AZ again and despite controlling the game once again the finishing of my second string let me down and two moments of madness in the second half meant we somehow went home 2-0 down and were looking like suffering a costly early exit. In the Second Leg I fielded my first team and Ryan Reeves destroyed AZ grabbing all four goals as we comfortable booked our place in the Quarter Finals and rather surprisingly we'd be facing AC Milan as even though they lost the First Leg 4-0 to Valencia they won the second one 6-0!

In the Quarter Final First Leg with the Premier League already secured I was able to field my first team and two first half goals from Reeves were enough for the win, though letting Milan grab an away goal through my former player Pejic meant they were still in the tie. In the Second Leg despite conceeding a first half goal two second half goals were enough for another 2-1 win that sent us through to the Semi-Finals.

In the Semi-Finals we would face FC Bayern for the first time and an inspired first half performance saw us claim a comfortable 5-0 win, in the Second Leg we didn't turn up but Bayern could only claim a 2-1 win.

In the Final at Celtic Park we would meet Barcelona for the 11th time and we both came out attacking, Herbert gave us the lead after just 4 mins with a long range effort, Barcelona quickly equalised before Zelaia scored a free kick and with space opening up Reeves added two more goals before Barcelona pulled one back in injury time, in the second half we held Barcelona to retain the Champions League.

FA Cup - We had an easy run to the final where we would meet Man City and despite not playing that well goals from Leite and Reeves were enough to claim a 2-1 win and ensured we set a new record of 12 straight wins.

Squad - With us struggling to break sides down this season I tweaked my tactics switching my Wingers from Attacking duties to Support, this meant they dropped deeper and opened up more passing options for my midfield which also reduced the amount of long shots we took.

Taha Kodalak continued in goal and yet again he kept more clean sheets than goals conceeded - keeping a clean sheet in half of his games, he was also finally renamed European Keeper of the Year, with a random Belgian based American Keeper finishing Second. Covering him was my Academy Keeper Joe Howard who had a solid season and he might just be good enough to take over once Kodalak retires.

In defence Pedro Leite continued at right back however it appears age is catching up to him as he only managed to play half my league games and managed less games than his understudy English Wonderkid Russell Clarkson who had a solid season domestically and will hopefully be his long term successor and he was even named English Young player of the Year. On the left Spanaird Ricardo Jimenez Garcia did well however he was moaning about wanting a new challenge so he'll be sold off next season as I have several promising English Left Backs waiting in the wings, the best of those is another Wonderkid Robbie Sloane who put in some good performances when called upon this season.

In the centre of defence Terje Amundsen and Ian Thomas continue their fine partnership, covering them was Englishman Rob Bond and Mexican Tomas Velazquez.

On the Right Wing Brazilian born Englishman Eduardo reclaimed his first team spot with some fantastic performances, this left Italian Alessandro Tufano to provide cover as despite rating well he was wasteful in front of goal. On the left Captain Dario put in some good performances, whilst his understudy Glaucio wasn't best pleased and will join Inter at the end of the season, and this gave English Youngster John Burt a chance to impress.

In the centre of midfield Kyle Herbert stepped up this season and with a first team spot he finally showed why he's the fourth best player in the World, partnering him was my Vice-Captain Ricardo Sousa who was also in fine form. Providing cover was Brett Stubbs who did well when called upon will hopefully be my long term replacement for Sousa, fellow Englishman Jordan Charles was also in good form.

Upfront Ryan Reeves was again in fantastic form scoring 39 goals (that was a new Nantwich record) in 44 games he also managed to claim 22 assists aswell, whilst his average rating of 8.09 and 19 Man of the Match awards were also new Nantwich records, partnering him again when fit was Spanish Striker Inaki Zelaia who was also on fire scoring 21 goals from 33 games, these two really are deadly together it's just a shame Zelaia is injury prone. Providing cover was experienced Spanish Striker Antonio Costa who had a solid season when called upon, partnering him was Danny Giles who did well domestically but won't be around much longer as he wants £70K a week to sit on the bench so I'll need one of my other promising strikers to step up next season which will hopefully be either Mark Street or Mexican Salvador Sanchez who both showed flashes of their potential this season.

Awards - English Footballer of the Year went to Ryan Reeves for the second year in a row, as did European Striker of the Year though he had to settle for 2nd place in European Footballer of the Year, World Footballer and World Player, he was also the Top Scorer in the Premiership for the second year in a row, he also narrowly missed out on the Golden Boot after scoring 10 goals in just 6 games (all knockout games) whilst Kyle Herbert was named English Player of the Year with Zelaia second.

World Team - Reeves and Eduardo were selected, whilst Herbert made the bench.

Prem Select - Saw 7 of my players make the team.

Best XI - Correct bar Clarkson getting the nod ahead of Leite, whilst the Overall XI saw ex-players Muraccioli and Dimitrov randomly re-enter.

Overview - Losing in the Carling Cup was our only belimish this season.

Hall of Fame - I finally became the best English Manager.

England Star Players - I noticed this season I now have the three English Star Players; Reeves, Herbert and Stubbs.

So I have a few plans for the future (well until FM11 is out);

- Get 100% Scouting Knowledge: 80%

- Learn as many languages as possible: English, Hungarian

- All Homegrown: 21/25

- All Academy/Feeder Club players: 2/25

- All Academy: 2/25

- All English: 14/25

- World Star from each area: 2/7: Reeves and Herbert (Europe, World),

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North         1st             Promoted - Champions
2011/12        Blue Square Premier       3rd             Promoted - Play-offs
2012/13        League Two                8th
2013/14        League Two                11th
2014/15        League Two                15th
2015/16        League Two                3rd             Promoted
2016/17        League One                1st             Promoted - Champions
2017/18        Championship              15th
2018/19        Championship              3rd             Promoted - Play-offs
2019/20        Premier League            20th            Relegated
2020/21        Championship              9th
2021/22        Championship              1st             Promoted - Champions
2022/23        Premier League            9th             
2023/24        Premier League            8th             League Cup Winners
2024/25        Premier League            2nd             League Cup & FA Cup Winners
2025/26        Premier League            1st             Champions League Runners-up
2026/27        Premier League            1st             FA Cup Runners-up
2027/28        Premier League            3rd             FA Cup Winners
2028/29        Premier League            1st             Champions & Champions League Winners
*** CHALLENGE COMPLETE ***
2029/30        Premier League            1st             World Club Cup & League Cup Winners, Champions League Runners-up
2030/31        Premier League            1st             LC, FACup & UCL Winners.
2031/32        Premier League            1st             FA Cup, World Club Cup & UCL Winners.

International - England U21 2031/32

After resigning from Hungary the only job I could get was the England U21 job, I didn't know at the time that as U21 coach you get no staff and so ended up using the job to look at my Nantwich youngsters, there was also some pressure with the job as the only two times the U21's have lost in the last 10 years is in the Final of the U21 Championship.

That said we comfortably walked the group claiming a playoff spot with a game to go, though I won't be managing the playoffs as at the end of the season Portugal offered me a job after their manager resigned after winning the European Championships.

Team        Season          Competition       League Finish     Achievements
Hungary    2029/30        World Cup Qual         3rd 
Hungary    2030/31        Euro Champ Q            -            Resigned
Eng U21    2031/32        Euro U21 Q             1st           Resigned
Portugal   2032/33

CANVEY ISLAND SEASON 2 - 2011/12

A tight season all along with the title being decided on the last day with us having to Equal or better Rushden's result.

League - BSP

League Table

Position Graph

Cup Competitions

The FA cup was an improvement on last season with us going to the 2nd round before Port Vale put us out.

The FA trophy also saw us better last year going out in a 3rd round replay to York

Transfers

Transfers made 2011/12

Key Players

Cillian Sheridan. Picked up on a free after eltic released him. I was very impressed with him and he would have run Jabuti close for top scorer if with us at beggining of season.

James Russell. This young 'keeper has been great between the sticks this year.

Jabuti. Once again a great season from the spaniard. He would and could have scored more if he hadn't had several injuries throughout the season.

David Davies. Davies has been great in the centre of the park along with Kalala.

Jean-Paul Kalala. The ex Oldham man spent time on the physio's table but when on the field was a great player with Davies..

The Supporters club want to rename themselves after me.

I also recieved Manager of the year.

History

Season      League                Achievements
------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Blue Square South     Champions, Promoted
2011/12    Blue Square Premier   Champions, Promoted

CANVEY ISLAND 100 CLUB

Player          Position        Seasons       League Appearances         Goals
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
James Russell     GK          2009 - present      121
Jack Macleod      MR          2009 - Present      106

Crispypaul - Boreham Wood - Season 2011/12 - Blue Square Premier

We were predicted to finish bottom of course, but continuing the trend, walked away with the division.

We had an easy run to the 4th round of the FA Cup, mainly playing League 2 sides at home, and ended up going out in the 4th round to Newcastle.

Also we won the FA trophy to add some silverware to the season against Havant & Waterlooville.

Our star players

Jabuti

Ryan Conroy

Alistair Taylor

Richard Brittain

Craig McShea

Robbie Crawford

Guillem Bauza

Michael Timlin

Stephen McPhee

Man City won the League again and the Carling Cup, Chelsea the FA Cup, Real Madrid the European Cup, Bayern Leverkeusen the Europa League.

For the next season, a whole new defence is required, and I hope to consolidate rather than pushing for another promotion.

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSS                 1st                       Champions, Promoted
2011/12       BSP                 1st                       Champions, Promoted, FAT Winners

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2064/65

We had a dominant season last year with just the slip up in the Champions League, this time we needed to win it.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Very similar to last season as we lost one early game (to Newcastle) then pciked up and dominated.

Community Shield - two added time goals and a shocking shootout sealed it for us.

Carling Cup - an easy run and an easy final.

FA Cup - another easy run with an easy final.

UEFA Champions League - we managed to get revenge on Juventus in the semi final but blew the final thanks to a stupid penalty.

Squad - I'm still in the hunt for a decent cetre back but this squad is awesome.

Transfers - the sale of Costacurta was the big story as I wanted to focus on just the three strikers.

Key Player Profiles:

Axier - 42 goals is phenominal for any player in my team.

Erwin Michaux - playing as the second striker, he also got his fair share of the goals.

Toni Crnjak - great once again.

Juan José Castano - a pretty stunning season from the winger.

Ashley Batchelor - he didn't really feature but he's worth a mention as my only English player. He's also one of the best youth products I've had that has got close enough to the first team.

Career Overview

Season     League                   Position  Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Blue Square South        5th       Promoted via playoffs
2011/12    Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13    Blue Square Premier      2nd       Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14    Coca-Cola League 2       6th       Lost in playoff final
2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2       1st       Promoted as champions
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 1       4th       Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17    Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18    Coca-Cola Championship   6th       Lost in playoff semi
2018/19    Coca-Cola Championship   4th       Promoted via playoffs
2019/20    Barclays Premier League  16th 
2020/21    Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup finalists
2022/23    Barclays Premier League  7th       Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24    Barclays Premier League  3rd      
2024/25    Barclays Premier League  5th       Champions League finalists
2025/26    Barclays Premier League  3rd       Carling Cup finalists
2026/27    Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32    Barclays Premier League  3rd       Club World Cup winners
2032/33    Barclays Premier League  2nd       FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43    Barclays Premier League  5th       Club World Cup winners
2043/44    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2048/49    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners
2049/50    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Club World Cup winners
2050/51    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
2051/52    Barclays Premier League  4th       
2052/53    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
2053/54    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners
2054/55    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2055/56    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2056/57    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners
2057/58    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2058/59    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists
2059/60    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, CWC, and CL winners
2060/61    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, Carling Cup and CL finalists
2061/62    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2062/63    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC and FA Cup winners
2063/64    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC Carling Cup and FA Cup winners
2064/65    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists 

Next Season

Still no news on a takeover but the chairman status has continued to drop so it is only a matter of time. Once again the aim will be to win the Champions League.

Hednesford Season 6 (15/16)

Table

Graph

Main news is I lost Rojo, chairman over ruled me. Other than that was just focused on staying midtable and building the team/facilities.

Cups:

FA Cup

Carling Cup

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Players:

McGeouch: Another solid season when he was not injuring himself in training.

Nielsen: Fine season as the other half of the partnership.

Saez: Really good season, hope no one steals him like Rojo.

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square North        1st        Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      1st        Promoted 
2012/13   League 2                 2nd        Promoted
2013/14   League 1                 6th        Promoted Through the Playoff
2014/15   CCC                      19th
2015/16   CCC                       14th

Next season: New Back 4.

What leagues should I choose etc when starting the game?

From the OP:

Load a game with the English leagues only, with the Blue Square N/S selected, a large database (or smaller if preferred), the attribute masking, real players and transfer boxes ticked and the add key staff box unticked. It should look like this.

Sesion Review Ashford(Middlesex) 2010/11

ashfordmx.png

Do a very short one since I'm tired, and got work in the morning.

1st season Signed 10 different free transfer players, including the famous Jabuti, who racked up a total of 40 League Goals in 39 games(44goals in 46 games)

Blue Square South, finished 8th

Neither of the cups we participated in brought us any joy, since we got knocked out in the qualifiers for the FA cup, and Second round for the FA trophy.

Highest Attendance 438 v Maidenhad in Fa Cup Qualifier 2nd rnd

Lowest Attendance 169 vs Great Wakering Fa Trophy 3rd qualifier round.

Av attendance 291

Transfer Kitty 0

Wage Budget 4,200£

Wage total 4,269£

Pos  W  D  L  For  Ag  G.D.  Pts
2010/11 Blue Square South      8th  19 10 13 85   71  +22    69

Goals for next season: Simply improve my point tally from last season to 75-80ish and by that achieving a Playoff spot.

Sesion Review Ashford(Middlesex) 2011/12

ashfordmx.pngCenotaph.png

2nd season

Started out with some drama it did. During the summer of 2011, the club informed me that a takeover was in progress. And after a few weeks with a transfer embargo. The Ashford board informed me that the takeover was now complete, and Belarus Based Vojin Djordjevic was my new chairman. Then the rumours started whispering that Vojin wanted to replace me as a manager. My contract expiring after this season. I must admit it did get under my skin. A request for a new contract was made, And they made me wait until 1st of May 2012 before offering me one. I now make a whooping 400£ a week until June 2014.

Transfers

A total of of 18 transfers in. 2 of them loans.

Most notable signing. 22 year old Stephen Stirling My assman believes he'd be a good signing for a Championship Side! Though neither of my coaches believe he will improve much. 7.64 av rating :)

Jabuti had another good season, last season he was inhuman, had some small injuries, and struggled with morale. But still 29 goals in 37 games, and av rating of 7.49 is not too shabby. Let us hope for another 1 goal a game ratio for 2012/13!

Another success Signing Andrew Mitchell Rounds up the top 3 with an average of 7.39 in 38 games. Report says he'll be a good signing for most League 2 sides.

Blue Square South, finished 3rd Made it to the Playoff Final, a game against Sutton Utd. Total domination was a fact. We basicly set up camp outside their penalty box for the first 90 minutes. Yet we could not put in the net. So extra time was upon us. in the 104th minute, they(sutton) had their first shot on goal. And my new goalie for the season Ranger's released Grant Adam fumbled it in... Another year in BSS for us. (we'll win it this time!)

FA Cup4th Qual. round, lost out 2-3 to Dover Away

FA Trophy3rd Qual round, lost out 0-1 to Worcester.

Highest Attendance 1990 v Chelsford in BSS playoff semi final

Lowest Attendance 249 vs Bromley BSS game

Av attendance 444

Finances

Transfer Kitty 40£ (!)

Wage Budget 6,250£

Wage total 6,725£

Board Expectations

Win the Blue Square South(they wanted me to gain a respectable position)

I went for the top spot, because I managed to totally screw up my wage budget last season. Signing several Released players from high rep clubs. I ended up with a 6.2k wage total on a 4k budget. Loosing money fast. Thankfully my new Belarus Chairman is not afraid to invest money in the club. A total income of 592k£ last season. 322k of those came from Investments to help with the running costs. And I needed a big wage budget to be able to offer Stephen Stirling a new contract.(hopefully he'll accept one, as his contract expires after this season) I need to offload some of my high earner signings who didn't impress me last season.

HAHA Success! He signed

Pos  W  D  L  For  Ag  G.D.  Pts
2010/11 Blue Square South      8th  19 10 13 85   71  +22    69
2011/12 Blue Square South      3rd  26  3 13 82   57  +25    84 Lost Playoff Final

Well after a quite lengthy break away from my Canvey Island adventure (exams, exams and more exams, oh and a well-deserved holiday) I'm back, eventually :D. I'm at the crunch end of the season now, with 8 league games left and a Europa League Semi (and possible final) left to play, all somehow to be done within 30 days :eek:. Yeah I'm not liking the odds of doing having a refreshed squad by the end of it either :rolleyes:.

Merthyr Tydfil-League One-2015/16

- What a surprise, I honestly entered this season with the belief that I would be struggling to get a mid-table posistion as I wasn't quite content with who i signed. However it was a great achievement and one I am very proud of.

- I wasn't intially happy with these as I worried I was lacking quality as the board were poor were not giving more freedom regarding scouting or budget so this meant I had to do a lot of trialling which is were Jank came from. but after the season got underway it was clear these were excellant additions. The best signing was Bostock closely followed by Baker.

They clicked and were brilliant in attack and the defence proved to be strong enough aswell.

Another good tie however the everton result was my fault as I wasn't paying attention so we kept attacking
redface.png

Key Players

He was superb, again, he made the difference in lots of games as he returned to his first season exploits.

The academy graduate was impressive again.

He really is a top player at this level

He was the difference between us and the rest as he scored lots of key goals and drove our promotion charge. I can't believe he wasnt played more by Colchester

I had tried to sign this guy a couple of seasons a go but he was too good for us. However once I saw he was on a free I offered him the large wages required and he really helped the defence.

Season              League               Final Pos.          Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square South             1st              Automatic Promotion                                   
2011/12       Blue Square Premier           5th              Lost in Playoffs
2012/13       Blue Square Premier           2nd              Promoted via Playoffs
2013/14       League Two                    13th             N/A
2014/15       League Two                    3rd              Promoted
2015/16       League One                    1st              Champions

What Next?

To survive

I would like to give this challenge a try but unfortunately the download links do not appear to be working. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there anywhere else I can download these files?

The first one seems to be dead but the second one is still working for me.

When I try and click on it just goes to a blank page. I've tried clearing my cookies, not entirely sure what to do.

(That's the second link, I mean, the mediafire one. the filefront one the page loads but the file itself is dead)

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2065/66

We had a dominant season last year with just the slip up in the Champions League, this time we needed to win it. Déjà vu anyone?

League Table

League Positions Graph

Same old story, poor start then a routine win.

Community Shield - close win but easy enough.

Carling Cup - we had a scare in the semi but it was the easiest of finals.

FA Cup - not a great run but an easy final.

UEFA Champions League - we got revenge over Porto in the semi final but then failed to show up for the final.

Squad - I'm trying to integrate a few English youngsters after realising I had an all foreign squad.

Transfers - the squad was trimmed once again, with one of my strikers going for a big fee including a goals clause.

Key Player Profiles:

Axier - once again he had a superb season.

Erwin Michaux - 30 goals from my second striker was amazing.

Toni Crnjak - he may be approaching 30 but he's still class.

Lucas Lencina - not bad from one of our weakest positions.

Hasan Aydin - he won't be around for much longer but he's great when he's needed.

Career Overview

Season     League                   Position  Achievements
2010/11    Blue Square South        5th       Promoted via playoffs
2011/12    Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13    Blue Square Premier      2nd       Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14    Coca-Cola League 2       6th       Lost in playoff final
2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2       1st       Promoted as champions
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 1       4th       Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17    Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18    Coca-Cola Championship   6th       Lost in playoff semi
2018/19    Coca-Cola Championship   4th       Promoted via playoffs
2019/20    Barclays Premier League  16th 
2020/21    Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup finalists
2022/23    Barclays Premier League  7th       Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24    Barclays Premier League  3rd      
2024/25    Barclays Premier League  5th       Champions League finalists
2025/26    Barclays Premier League  3rd       Carling Cup finalists
2026/27    Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32    Barclays Premier League  3rd       Club World Cup winners
2032/33    Barclays Premier League  2nd       FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43    Barclays Premier League  5th       Club World Cup winners
2043/44    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2048/49    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners
2049/50    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Club World Cup winners
2050/51    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
2051/52    Barclays Premier League  4th       
2052/53    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
2053/54    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners
2054/55    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2055/56    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2056/57    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners
2057/58    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2058/59    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists
2059/60    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, CWC, and CL winners
2060/61    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, Carling Cup and CL finalists
2061/62    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2062/63    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC and FA Cup winners
2063/64    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC Carling Cup and FA Cup winners
2064/65    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2065/66    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists 

Next Season

It was a bizarre replica of last season with nothing much else happening. The takeover talk still hasn't started, so hopefully things will get a bit more interesting next season.

Canvey Island 2022/23 Report - EPL

half way there

After 4 season of slow, if not steady, improvement it was time to make that big step into the top 4 and bag myself CL football. The media had us around the European places once again, whilst odds of 33-1 showed we had an outside chance of a title shot.

League - Positions -

In a complete turnaround from last season, we started with 4 straight wins (including a 6-4 win vs Spurs and a 2-1 away win at Chelsea) gave us the perfect start. A 2-2 draw at Newcastle and a 2-1 defeat at Man Utd were the only belmishes into December where staggering we didn't have the lead. One reason was because of being at times 4 games behind, due to European commitments, and the fact that Arsenal up to them had only dropped 2 points :eek:. A 2-2 draw at home was the first game at home in the league that I didn't come out victorious, but this was forgotten as we defeated the Gunners 2-1 to take top spot. This was in the middle of 8 straight wins which stretched the lead at the top which was only overturn with being so far behind in our games (more on that later).

As we kept on plugging away winning the games when they weren't postponed, we eventually managed to secure the title with ease as Arsenal faded dramatically in the second half of the season, and everyone taking points of each other in the battle for the other CL places. We faded badly after winning the league, with a pile-up of manic proportions and other prizes to play for taking priority once the league had been won.

Anyone take that 33/1 bet then?? ;)

Cups

FA Cup

3rd rd - Canvey Island 1-1 Manchester City

3rd rd rep - Manchester City 1-4 Canvey Island (aet)

4th rd - Canvey Island 3-0 Bolton Wanderers

5th rd - Canvey Island 0-0 Chelsea

5th rd rep - Chelsea 3-1 Canvey Island

Got a horror draw twice, and by beating City eventually, I'm not too bothered about the exit, though the 2 replays were unneccessary.

Carling Cup

3rd rd - Canvey Island 3-0 West Bromwich Albion

4th rd - Canvey Island 4-0 Birmingham City

Quarter Final - Canvey Island 3-1 Manchester City

Semi Final leg 1 - Canvey Island 1-3 Arsenal

Semi Final leg 2 - Arsenal 2-1 Canvey Island (agg 5-2)

Great win in the quarters, awful performance in both semi final legs.

Euro Cup

4th quali rd leg 1 - Canvey Island 7-0 Legia Warszawa (POL)

4th quali rd leg 2 - Legia Warszawa (POL) 0-5 Canvey Island (agg 0-12)

Easy as you like here, as you would expect from a team that's been to the last 16 in the past 3 years.

Matchday 1 - Canvey Island 1-1 FC Kobenhavn (DEN)

Matchday 2 - Bohemian FC (ROI) 0-4 Canvey Island

Matchday 3 - FC Obolon Kiev (UKR) 0-6 Canvey Island

Mathcday 4 - Canvey Island 6-0 FC Obolon Kiev (UKR)

Matchday 5 - FC Kobenhavn (DEN) 1-2 Canvey Island

Matchday 6 - Canvey Island 5-1 Bohemian FC (ROI)

Group J Final Table

A dream group. Shame about the first draw mind.

1st ko rd leg 1 - Galatasary SK (TUR) 0-2 Canvey Island

1st ko rd leg 2 - Canvey Island 3-0 Galatasary SK (TUR) (agg 5-0)

2nd ko rd leg 1 - Canvey Island 2-0 Aston Villa (ENG)

2nd ko rd leg 2 - Aston Villa (ENG) 0-2 Canvey Island (agg 0-4)

So through the stage we hadn't gotten past 3 times previous without conceding a goal. All things looked promising going into the Quarter Finals.

Quarter Final leg 1 - AC Milan (ITA) 1-1 Canvey Island

Quarter Final leg 2 - Canvey Island 0-0 AC Milan (ITA) (agg 1-1, progressed on away goals)

We could've won it at home, but the team decided they wanted to give me a heart-attack letting Pato loose in the second half. But we progressed into a first european semi final.

Semi Final leg 1 - Werder Bremen (GER) 0-3 Canvey Island

Semi Final leg 2 - Canvey Island 1-0 Werder Bremen (GER) (agg 4-0)

We won the whole tie within the first half in Germany, and we could have scored more in the home leg had we played a full strength side also. Luckily, in the other semi final Celtic knocked out Benfica so the final would be against our preferred opponents.

FINAL - Celtic (SCO) 1-3 Canvey Island

Brilliant peformance. Essien became our oldest ever scorer at over 40 years old, and Horvath scored probably one of the goals of the season with a 25 yrd stunner.

Squad (1)(2)

Rotation was the key. Playing 68 games throughout the season and Downing started the most with only 42. Had a good mix of golden oldies and youngsters (many of whom have came through the academy here). Rotation was crucial, no doubt to the connection of our massive fixture pile up in the last few months of the season. Was ridiculous at times.

Millward's Player Choice Award (basically who I think deserves our Player of the Season before the Fan's vote...)

2010/11 - Luke Thurlbourne MC

2011/12 - Chris Todd DC

2012/13 - Scott Smith DL

2013/14 - Dean Lodge AMR

2014/15 - Dean Hammond MC

2015/16 - Luciano Napoli ST

2016/17 - Borja ST

2017/18 - László Horváth MC

2018/19 - Leonid Gerasimov GK

2019/20 - Oscar Ustari GK

2020/21 - Khouma Babacar ST

2021/22 - Steve Peacock DC

2022/23 - Ed Downing DC (1)(2)

There's a reason why he started the most games this season. A great find a couple of years ago, now trying to keep him from joining the likes of European Champions Real Madrid and Inter Milan.

Transfers - Just the few additions, including the re-introduction of Canovas after selling himn to Kiev 4 and a half years ago. Though he didn't fit in with the squad, so duly left in January along with summer addition Bond, who was on course to being my player of the year beforehand, and Diallo, who beforehand had been out on loan and came back a man possessed.

Finances - Another season with £88m profit, though only because of transfer income. Wage costs still rising, which may be a concern when the income finally stops coming in.

Confidence - I am 'Untouchable' surely now? I am a club legend now :cool: so I think the confidence level won't go down much in a while.

History

2010/11 - BSS: 3rd, defeat in playoff semi-finals

2011/12 - BSS: 1st

2012/13 - BSP: 1st

2013/14 - CCL2: 1st

2014/15 - CCL1: 7th

2015/16 - CCL1: 1st

2016/17 - CCC: 8th

2017/18 - CCC: 1st

2018/19 - EPL: 7th

2019/20 - EPL: 6th, LC winners

2020/21 - EPL: 6th, FA winners

2021/22 - EPL: 5th

2022/23 - EPL: 1st, EC Winners

The Trophy Cabinet

Blue Square South - 2011/12

Blue Square Premier - 2012/13

Coca-Cola League 2 - 2013/14

Coca-Cola League 1 - 2015/16

Coca-Cola Championship - 2017/18

League Cup - 2019/20

FA Cup - 2020/21

Community Shield - 2021/22

English Premier League - 2022/23

Euro Cup - 2022/23

Aims for next season: To have another bash at the title, just to prove that this season wasn't a fluke. But the main aim is the CL now. Getting out of the groups is a must. Also, I've got a job trying to convinve Pepe, Tuia, Reo-Coker and Essien not to retire to stay since I would like them to tutor the youngsters so more before they go :p

Christmas Day Udpate:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x236/Gazza_d/Dafuge4.jpg - League Table

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x236/Gazza_d/Dafuge3.jpg - Transfers

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x236/Gazza_d/Dafuge2.jpg - Future Transfers Out

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x236/Gazza_d/Dafuge-1.jpg - Squad

Stand out players so far has been Dylan McGeouch and Daniel Powell, both scoring crucial goals throughout the season. Especially to get me through a second round replay against Kettering in the FA Cup. Unfortunately my FA Cup run was stopped in the third round, when Chelsea came to Cambridge and beat us 4-0 :(

So, can I just ask, do any of the download links in the OP work for 10.3? Have seen people trying this and would like to give it a go.

Edit: Realised that was a stupid question :o

Will holiday it now.

Boston United 2012-13 - Blue Square Premier

Media prediction: 10th

Actual finish: 1st, promoted

League Table

Transfers

Going into the season, the board would have been satisfied with a mid-table finish. I knew better, though, and told them I would win the league to get a higher wage budget. Selling a backup player to Doncaster for 85k didn't hurt the finances either :). It was even easier than I thought - the title was mathematically secure after 42 games, despite York's heroic efforts. 100 points would have been enough to win the league any other year...

This is one of the main reasons for our success - 4 of the top 5 assisters in the league were on my team. Even more impressively, 3 of those players had injury problems throughout the whole season, missing around 15 matches each. Here are the 4 undoubted stars of our promotion campaign:

Stephen Elliott

Chris Dickson

Tom Kilbey

Burton O'Brien (should be noted he played mostly as a left-sided midfielder)

And this was the undoubted match of the season.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
2010/11         Blue Square North         1st            Promoted - Champions
2011/12         Blue Square Premier       2nd            Lost in Playoff Final
2012/13         Blue Square Premier       1st            Promoted - Champions

After seemingly hundreds of reloads I finally got Harrow to pop up (I'd have settled for them or Cray. Here's a link to my profile.

This is my first time playing with the fog of war on, and my first time playing non-league football since CM 01-02, so I expect to be crap. That said, I'll give it my best shot!

Harrow Borough Season 2010/11

League: Blue Square South

Media prediction: 21st

Expectations: Avoid relegation

Here are my transfers.

I played a pretty simple 4-4-2. I am not generally one for fancy tactics. My most important players were Jabuti, former Luton winger Taylor Nathaniel, former Celtic striker Sean Fitzharris and former Rangers midfielder Nick Main. Jabuti actually disappointed me a little, I had expecting him to be able to get a goal a game or so as he seems to have done for others of you, and it certainly wasn't that - he once went 7 games without a goal - but he still had a tremendous season, and saved his best performances for the most crucial games.

You can see the league table here.

I thought we had a pretty good season but unfortunately we just couldn't keep pace with runaway leaders Salisbury, who didn't even lose a match until more than half way through the season. So even though we finished second, that meant we had to suffer the playoffs. In the first round we faced Dover, who'd already done the double over us, and we were 2-0 down at half-time - I honestly thought our season was over. Fortunately we pulled one back in the second half, and in the return leg we won 3-1 after extra time, thanks to a Jabuti hat-trick. In the final we beat Eastleigh 2-1, thanks to two more from Jabuti.

In the FA Cup we got to the first round, where we narrowly lost to League One Chesterfield. Unfortunately we did not do as well in the FA Trophy, losing to Braintree in the 3rd qualifying round.

Hi after Reading about this challenge i decided to take a look and i was reading the first couple of pages and got very inspired to do this even though i said i was doing the Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge i decided to start as Oxford City but gave up because they were too hard for me so i decided to take the reigns of Dartford on the 10.2 patch.

I will do both challenges for now and if i get addickted to one then i think i will stick with that one

Archived