dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Alegeeter. Blast from the past and I love it (referring to that skin). I think I'll actually post a proper season update at the end of my current one for a change, it's been an interesting one! Takes me awhile to go through a season though, so you'll have to wait ;)

This is rather weird my chairman keeps on offering me Romania feeder clubs even though I already have Rapid Buc. plus a Belgian and a Bulgarian Work Permit Feeder clubs.

mine does the same, i now have a belgium, 2 bulgarian, a polish and a romanian WP feeder clubs, he won't get a commercial link at all.

Well this is a worrying development; our record in the legaue so far: W1 D2 L5 :eek: What's even weirder is that our record in cups and europe stands at W7 D1 L1 with the loss coming on penalties to Man City. I can't think of anything that I've done differently this season comapred to the last couple of years as well... :rolleyes:

About the free transfers; on previous FM games I have a poor record when I spend high transfer fees so I try and limit how much I spend. Also, now that I have a youth academy, I'm trying to get more club-HG players in my squad as well, so there's no need to spend money on other players.

I have a hit and miss record, last year i spent 30 million on a player who was a legend for me and 100 million on another who was a disaster. i've had mostly success on my large buys this season with the exception of 40 million on a CB, but i recouped my money back the next year.

My youth facilities were at good up till this year when they have been upgraded to excellent, the first improvement in 15 years as up till now the chairman didn't feel it was necessary, i have no youth products in my squad, none have ever really progressed to be good enough. I have amazing brazilian wonderkids bought for 2-3 million last season and this :D

I'm having one of those runs too. But it's more the fact we can't break down teams which go ultra-defensive on us but we can pick off anyone who goes attacking on us (bar Man City now :rolleyes:) I guess it's just something to do with the way the team is set-up but we tend to control most of the games so I'm half stumped...

I'm having one of those runs too. But it's more the fact we can't break down teams which go ultra-defensive on us but we can pick off anyone who goes attacking on us (bar Man City now :rolleyes:) I guess it's just something to do with the way the team is set-up but we tend to control most of the games so I'm half stumped...

That's the problem I've had in recent seasons, nearly everyone plays with a flat back 5 against me now that is rather annoying though it was funny seeing Barcelona using it :D

I tend to use the Work the Ball into the Box touchline shout when we struggle to break teams down, though this season I've also started to use the Drop Deeper one that is proving rather effective - the extra space allows my MCs to find space with killer balls, it also helps that my strikers are deadly when they want to be. Though I do get the occasional game where my team cannot be bothered putting the effort in or just shoot on site regardless of what I tell them to do.

This season my formation has looked more like 2-4-4 rather than 4-4-2.

That's the problem I've had in recent seasons, nearly everyone plays with a flat back 5 against me now that is rather annoying though it was funny seeing Barcelona using it :D

I tend to use the Work the Ball into the Box touchline shout when we struggle to break teams down, though this season I've also started to use the Drop Deeper one that is proving rather effective - the extra space allows my MCs to find space with killer balls, it also helps that my strikers are deadly when they want to be. Though I do get the occasional game where my team cannot be bothered putting the effort in or just shoot on site regardless of what I tell them to do.

This season my formation has looked more like 2-4-4 rather than 4-4-2.

My formation is classed as a 4-1-3-2 but in practice its almost a 4-1-5 with my AMC on Advanced Playmaker and both wingers being AML/AMR, so going forward im fine as looking back on games, I've had almost 15+ shots in every game. Its just that around 50% of these are classed as long shots, so the "Work the Ball" might work.

I know what the problem is defensively though, its just that I don't know what I can do to stop my defenders leaving people free at corners for easy headers. :rolleyes:

Reading the last few posts makes me realise how much you guys look at the tactical side. I don't think i've ever looked at the opposition formation.

I rely on superior players, the same tactics, good morale and overpowering the other team to win :D, might be why i am unable to completely dominate on a save in the way people like dafuge do.

Reading the last few posts makes me realise how much you guys look at the tactical side. I don't think i've ever looked at the opposition formation.

I rely on superior players, the same tactics, good morale and overpowering the other team to win :D, might be why i am unable to completely dominate on a save in the way people like dafuge do.

I do this. I've never spent a single moment looking at the opponent. I use the same tactic but alter small things depending on the team I'm meeting.

Boston united season 25 2034/35

League Table, Position Graph final position - 1st

our 7th season in the Premier league saw us lead from the start and clinch our 5th title in a row with a dominat 4-0 win over crewe.

Cups

Community Shield

The first year we've been to the Shield that we haven't won it.

FA Cup

An easy enough run through to the final where we faced tough competition to win from Newcastle.

League Cup

A fairly easy run through to the final despite playing Stoke in the Semi's. The final saw us facing Arsenal where we edged them 1-0 in a tight game.

Champions League

The group stage saw us drawn against Benfica, F.C Twente and Zenit. Although the group looked easy on paper it was more difficult than I thought it would be getting through the group stages. The 1st knockout round saw us drawn against Olympique Lyonnais. Unfortunately for us we couldn't overcome the french side and went out oof the competition early.

Transfers

Star Player

The star player this year has been Cassio

Although not a prolific goalscorer his influence on the field has been great. He was also awarded the Players player of the year and a place in the Team of the Year

Key Players

Ian Miller A good season from Miller. Needs to push on next year though

James Farrell Another great season

Marco Antonio Torres Another great year from the Mexican Fullback

Stuart McArthur McArthur has been a dominant central Midfielder

Finances

Other News

I was awarded the Manager of the year

Season Best 11

Overall best 11

New inductees to the Overall best 11

Ian Miller

Season           League              Final Position               Achievments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North          7th                         none
2011/12       Blue Square North          2nd                       Promoted Via Playoffs
2012/13       Blue Square Premier        15th                        none  
2013/14       Blue Square Premier        20th                        none
2014/15       Blue Square Premier        12th                        none
2015/16       Blue Square Premier        3rd                       Lost in Playoff Final   
2016/17       Blue Square Premier        1st                       Automatic Promotion, FA Trophy
2017/18       Coca Cola League 2         2nd                       Automatic Promtion
2018/19       Coca Cola League 1         21st                      Relegated to League 2
2019/20       Coca Cola League 2         4th                       Lost in Playoff Final
2020/21       Coca Cola League 2         4th                       Promoted via Playoffs
2021/22       Coca Cola League 1         9th                         none
2022/23       Coca Cola League 1         11th                        none
2023/24       Coca Cola League 1         1st                       League 1 Champions
2024/25       Coca Cola Championship     11th                        none
2025/26       Coca Cola Championship     14th                        none
2026/27       Coca Cola Championship     5th                      Lost in Playoff Semi Finals
2027/28       Coca Cola Championship     1st                      Championship Champions 
2028/29       Premier League             7th                      Qualified for the Europa League
2029/30       Premier League             2nd                      Qualified for the Champions League
2030/31       Premier League             1st                      Premier League and Carling Cup Winners
2031/32       Premier League             1st                      Premier League and Carling Cup Winners
2032/33       Premier League             1st                      PL, CL, Carling Cup and FA Cup Winners
2033/34       Premier League             1st                      PL, CWC and European Super Cup Winners
2034/35       Premier League             1st                      PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup Winners

International

England 2034/35

Friendlies

A comfortable 4 - 1 win over Sweden here, I used the game as an excuse to try out my club tactic in international games,

Competitive games

@ Hungary(Euro Cup Qualifier) A solid victory for my first game in charge of England with us running out 3-1 winners

Vs Ukranie (ECQ) An even better performance here made sure we got the win.

@Luxembourg (ECQ) A total drubbing of one of Europes smallest countries

Vs Montenegro (ECQ) A good win against a more difficult team than Luxembourg

Vs Serbia (ECQ) A good test for us which we overcame.

(ECQ) A comfortable win here. Quite pleasing that Ratcliffe scored on his England debut as well.

Vs Azerbaijan (ECQ) An easy win here.

Vs Hungary An easy 5-1 win over Hungary here.

@ Ukraine Disappointing here really as we were all over them but couldn't break their defence down.

International Record

Year          Team                      Competition              Result                  Notes    
2034          Brazil                    World Cup                4th Place               Resigned after 3rd place play off

Other Winners

Premier League - Boston Utd

FA Cup - Boston Utd

Carling Cup - Boston Utd

Champions League - Real Madrid

Europa League - Sevilla

Aims for next season

Carry on going.

Still going with my Tiverton save, after successive promotions from the BSS to Championship the quality of the opposition has finally caught up with us - it's a pretty attritional fight to stay up which is why it's taking me so long - lots of micromanagement and dire but semi-effective football.

We've got a little margin between us and the relegation zone at the moment, but our form is incredibly variable depending almost entirely on the form/luck of the strikers and goalkeeper.

I'm getting rather annoyed with my fans, how in the hell can they be "disappointed" with a 4-2 away defeat to Man Utd, we're only in our second season in the EPL. Stupid imo.

Merthyr Tydfll Season 2 2011/12 BSP - Promotion!!!

Well, the season began with me stating we would avoid relegation, I intended this as a stabilizing year, having not much faith in a good run after barely squeezing out a promotion last year. I looke to indeed go that road when it took me quite a long while to find decent players, but suddenly I had assembled myself a good team, with youngsters McShea, Fitzharris, McGabe and more experienced Brittain, who I all singed last season, suddenly upping their game, charging me in the race for promotion very quickly.

As you can see, I almost missed out in the end, even though I was 8 points away at one point. This was due to waterlogging, and the great FAT run, which unfortunately also include 2 replays. Giving me a very congested schedule at the end, with me needing to sign two players for this year alone to hopefully get rid of some fatigue. And with some players also getting serious injuries, we managed to become champions by a hair.

Next year League 2.. I will see what happens, but bank on mid-table for now.

Table

Transfers

FA Trophy results

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promotion through Play-offs!
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      1st         Champions!

SnakeXe's Tiverton Town - Season 5 - 2014/15

Story of the Season:

With a slightly fortunate (in my eyes) promotion from League One the previous season, I had a job on my hands to strengthen the squad sufficiently to even stay up in the Championship, let alone notch up yet another consecutive promotion.

Some of the signings came off nicely, such as Chris Smalling, who was a rock at the back, as well as Oscar, a former Barcelona trainee who excelled in either fullback position. Others, most notably Milan Jovanovic, failed miserably. Jovanovic was packed off in January, just 3 league goals and a whole host of missed chances later. Another poor signing was Spanish centre-back Samuel, whose only contribution in the 20-odd games he played was to give away numerous penalties.

My biggest decision of the summer was to flog off all our wingers and not replace them. The former action because they were all rubbish, and the latter because I was going for broke with the narrow 4-1-2-3 formation that won us League One.

It seemed to pay off as we made a great start, winning our first four home games. Unfortunately these were matched by losses away from home, a theme which was to continue all season - we only won once on the road.

Once the home wins began drying up it became a very hard slog, hence why it took me so long to finish this season. Micromanagement of tactics and motivation was necessary in order to get any kind of result, and we slipped into the relegation zone after 26 games.

A recovery in form meant we only spent two more games in there, and eventually opened up a gap between ourselves and the team in the dreaded 22nd place. Despite throwing away no less than 5 points in the last 10 minutes of games over the last 5 matches of the season, we survived with a game to spare! :D

The cups were pretty awful as usual, and I didn't manage to achieve my aim of "not doing awfully" in the FA Cup.

On the bright side, we stayed up (sort of) comfortably, and the new 14,837 capacity Tiverton Stadium opens to Championship football! Hopefully packing that out every week will sort our finances out, as they're dire at the moment.

Next Season:

Can't really expect more than to stay up again, unless I get very lucky with transfers. Ending the season having made a profit will be a good aim I think :)

5 Most Important Players:

5. Gary Woods GK - He didn't have that great a season, which shows you the paucity of individual brilliance in this Tiverton side, but 13 clean sheets in a side flirting with relegation is not to be sniffed at

4. Oniforos Roushias ST - Could have been more of a goal threat, but still a key member of the side. If he hadn't had as many injury problems perhaps we'd have done a little better

3. Oscar DRL - Quite surprisingly, a player who managed to hit double figures in appearances for Barcelona last season, including one in the Champions League, decided he'd like to head on down to Tiverton when they declined to renew his contract. Can play with either foot, and was our best fullback by a mile on either side

2. Victor Anichebe ST - Last season's January signing was our top goalscorer with 12 goals, and his all-round play was amongst the best in the side. Really excellent player

1. Chris Smalling DC - Probably at least 75% of the reason Woods managed 13 clean sheets was playing behind this guy. He never came close to establishing himself at Man Utd following the move from Fulham, but he's a rock at this level. Don't think he lost a header all season

At a Glance:

Championship - 19th

FA Cup - 3rd Round (lost v Leeds)

League Cup - 3rd Round (lost v Wolves)

Transfers - Made £67k

History:

Season   League               Pos  Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  Blue Square South    1st  Promoted as Champions
2011/12  Blue Square Premier  1st  Promoted as Champions, FAT Runners Up
2012/13  League Two           5th  Promoted through Playoffs
2013/14  League One           1st  Promoted as Champions
2014/15  Championship        19th  None

Tiverton 100 Club:

Name                Position  Era            Apps  Goals  Ave. Rating
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jabuti              FC        2010-Present    182    150         7.45
Anton Peterlin      MC        2011-Present    163      8         7.01
Aaran Racine        DC        2012-Present    115     24         7.17
Craig Gray          AML       2010-2014       113      6         7.09
Dale Bennett        DRC       2011-2015       111      0         6.95
Kyle Letheren       GK        2010-Present    110      0         6.84
Alex MacDonald      AMR/ST    2011-2014       104     21         6.88
Kevin Little        AMRLC     2010-2014       101     13         6.93

Hi all!

Remember this happened after I managed to finish 6th in the Premier League in my first season and qualify for Europe!?

Originally Posted by [b]ChelseaDaft[/b] [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=5343336#post5343336"][img=http://community.sigames.com/images/fm2009/buttons/viewpost.gif][/url] 
[i][b][size=3]OH NO!!![/size][/b][/i]

[i]People I have messed up my challenge !!!!!!!!![/i]

[i]Basically I can't continue as I do not have 4 players trained by the club for four seasons between the ages of 15-21 to be registered for the EUROPA Cup... [/i]
[i]I did not have any youth set up until this summer when I thought i could build one from there...[/i]

[i]As a result I cannot carry on![/i]

[i]What an idiot! [/i]

[i]Going to have to start all over again!! GUTTED![/i]

Well after looking at the advice you guys gave me (thank you by the way) I felt in my heart of hearts that to holiday past the problem would be wrong or cheating maybe. Thats just how I feel about it. So decided I need to do this properly. So started again.

I have had two amazing seasons! Here is the first!

CHELSEADAFT ASHFORD TOWN (MIDDX) SEASON ONE 2010/11 BLUE SQUARE SOUTH -

As usual at the start of this challenge its all about getting rid of the deadwood, people that just will not feature in your side and trying to get hold of freebies as much as you can to have a chance of promotion.

These are my transfers for the first season. The same usual faces that alot of you have bought into your sides yourselves.

After the success I had in my last attempt I decided to stick with my tried and trusted 4-1-2-1-2 formation. Very Rigid, Attacking Mentality, Very Disciplined and More direct passing. I change the passing style of the side to be played more through the middle and change my two full backs to defensive from automatic.

The only in game changes I make are my strikers and their individual roles to suit whoever is playing.

We took eight games to get our act together but when we hit top spot after the eight games we never looked back and won the league easily. Alot easier than I remember the first time. The table proves how dominant we were.

(Here are my personal and profile screens for the beginning of the challenge by the way before I forget)

Here is my squad screen. Here are the individual views of my players this season:

GK: Fairley / Murphy

DR: Hunter / Jenkinson

DL: Toshney / Wynter

DC: Gallacher / Saville

DC: Simpemba / Tang

DMC: D'Laryea (Simpemba if needed)

MC: Main / Solkhon

MC: Crawford / McGuire

AMC: Keatings / Cox

FC: McAusland / McCormick

FC: McShea

Here are my finances...

So for next season I was looking to build on this seasons Title!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        1st         Champions!

Merthyr Tydfil 2037/38 Premiership

Table

Positions

FA Cup - Winners

League Cup - 4th Rd

Champions League - 1st KO Rd

I started this season with the youngest squad in the league and by the end had only 9 players over 22. In spite of this the quality of the players meant i was always at the top, with only a slight blip in results after my CL exit, Chelsea came from near relegation last year to chase hard but the title was won on the last game. The reserves were thumped 4-1 by Charlton in the league cup. I easily won the FA cup again, thrashing several premiership sides along the way. In the CL group stages i qualified after 4 games and went into the 1st KO rd tie against Porto with confidence. After a 1-1 draw away i went 1 up in the 2nd leg only for Porto to injure 5 of my players in the match, 3 had to go off. This stopped my team playing well and i conceded an equaliser 5 mins from time before losing on penalties.

Training facilities were improved to the max and youth facilites improved as well. A further improvement was announced at the end of the season. The ground capacity went from 33000 to 41000 and another 16000 seats will be added next year.

Transfers 1 2

The main transfers were out with a few long time players leaving. Tarantino (history) was out of contract and with his high wage demands and declining attributes was let go.

Djokic (history) was also sold as he was really a highly paid backup. Morris (history) was sold with the arrival of Robert, Morris was only rate at championship level but was kept on due to being my only youth player although he did put in some good performances and played as many cup games as league games. Parrish was another youth product who did not do enough to get in the team.

With the competition in midfield Villalba (history) became 5th choice and was sold.

Harris was sold with the arrival of wonderkid goalie Simon and Marano never improved after arriving as a player with leading prem potential and so has left.

As mentioned above Robert came in along with wonderkids Simon and Bordon

Squad

Simon and Paulinho swapped the goalie jersey back and forth dependant on form.

Stojanovic wants to leave and his performances after jan were shocking, may be his last season if the younger players can improve. Frohlich has improved and is now a wonderkid.

At fullback Bartollini is as good as ever and Joyce keeps on improving.

Robertson had a great season scoring a lot from midfield as did Aslan. Fransisco had a large number of assists and spent more time on the pitch than normal. Loader and wonderkid Everton were capable backups. Nogueira was injured for 2 months so Robert had an opportunity to play.

Up front Sergio was out for 5 months but Marini came in and he wasn't missed. Abraham is getting better and better with age and Maza chipped in with a few.

Robinson spent the season on loan but came back as my first youth wonderkid.

Star player - Broke the records for both most career league apps and goals during this season and can go on for a while yet.

Career so far:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South             3rd         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier           9th         None
2012/13   Blue Square Premier           2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2013/14   League 2                      15th        None  
2014/15   League 2                      13th        JPT Winners
2015/16   League 2                      5th         Promoted via playoffs
2016/17   League 1                      13th        None
2017/18   League 1                      14th        None
2018/19   League 1                      12th        None
2019/20   League 1                      15th        None
2020/21   League 1                      14th        None
2021/22   League 1                      1st         JPT Winners,Champions
2022/23   Championship                  16th        None
2023/24   Championship                  8th         None
2024/25   Championship                  10th        None
2025/26   Championship                  6th         Playoff semi-finalists
2026/27   Championship                  6th         Promoted via Playoffs
2027/28   Premiership                   15th        None
2028/29   Premiership                   14th        FA Cup Winners
2029/30   Premiership                   12th        None
2030/31   Premiership                   4th         None
2031/32   Premiership                   1st         Premiership Winners
2032/33   Premiership                   10th        CL Winners

----------------------------Challenge Complete--------------------------------------------

2033/34   Premiership                   5th         FA Cup Winners
2034/35   Premiership                   1st         Premiership Winners, Euro Cup Winners
2035/36   Premiership                   2nd         League Cup Winners
2036/37   Premiership                   2nd         FA Cup Winners
2037/38   Premiership                   1st         Premiership Winners, FA Cup Winners

After firmly establishing Merthyr as a footballing giant i decided that one of the 10 previously unpromoted teams needed the benefit of my skills. As luck would have it 1 appeared in the form of Stocksbridge (actually 2 as i later realised Buxton had also come up!).

I promptly resigned from merthyr and applied for the stocksbridge job which i got.

With a world class reputation and a description of 'wily old manager' :D, naturally players will be flocking to Stocksbridge. Stocksbridge have limited facilities at the moment but a balance of 540000 with a transfer fund of 86000 and wages of 4800.

I have opted for a different formation and will using a 442 diamond rather than my prefered flat 442.

My aim will be to establish Stocksbridge at the same heights as Merthyr and indeed overtake them, and also to see whether Merthyr will sink back down the leagues without my guiding hand.

Chelseadaft Ashford Town(Middx) Season Two 2011/12 Blue Square Premier

After a great season last season I was hoping to try and make the playoff's in the coming season in the BSP.

What happened this season was just amazing as I went one better than on my last attempt and achieved a League and Cup Double!

I never felt the need to make major changes to the squad. Alot more people were shown the door than came into the club and proved the correct decision.

My tactic once more never changed at all in the season and to be fair to Rushden they pushed us all the way till the end of the season with a fantastic points tally themselves, but we were champions!. Our form was a little ropey to say the least in the first half of the season but the final 18 games of the season saw me through as we went 20 games unbeaten including the FA Trophy final as we demolished York.

Here are my finances and squad screen..

Here are the players who won a historic double!

GK: Fairley / Mannone

DR: Hunter / Picken

DL: Rose / Toshney

DC: McArdle / Gallacher

DC: Meace

DMC: Folly / Bartley

MC: Crawford / Main

MC: Santonocito

AMC: Keatings

FC: McAusland / Revell

FC: Nardiello / Sheridan

Roll on the new season..

2011/12   Blue Square Premier      1st         Champions, FA Trophy Winners!

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2057/58

Last season was a little disappointing as wen only just managed to hold on to our Premier League title. This season I was hoping to do a bit better in the cups.

League Table

League Positions Graph

In the end it looked a lot closer than it should have been as we raced ahead early on and never looked like being caught.

Community Shield - Liverpool were pretty awful which allowed us to take the win.

Carling Cup - the run was far from straight forward but the final was simple enough, even if the score didn't suggest it.

FA Cup - we blasted our way to the final, but needed penalties to win the cup.

UEFA Champions League - we were lucky to overtake Porto on the final game of the group stage. Werder Bremen gave us a shock but we held on to go on and win the final.

Squad - we suffered quite a lot of injuries this season so the squad got rotated quite a lot.

Transfers - big moves in the transfer market as we looked to make a big profit. The two Graham transfers were fees based on goals, of which the Palace one looks likely to pay out. A new goalie was brought in as the young Spanish lad didn't make the grade.

Key Player Profiles:

Paul Moran - he may be getting on but he had a great season.

Sebastian Costacurta - another decent season.

Márcio - will the sale of Fernandez, he was given the AMC role to get him playing regularly.

Maximilian Reinhardt - another great season from the right back.

Hasan Aydin - struggled a bit with silly injuries but still had a decent season.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  5th         Club World Cup winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Club World Cup winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
2051/52   Barclays Premier League  4th    
2052/53   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
2053/54   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2056/57   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners
2057/58   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners

Next Season

With the arrival of Gerald Dijk, I'm expecting things to get even better.

Haha that's some regen - nice international record.

I'm at the other end of the scale but still manage to get thrilling matches.

I'm a bit worried that in two games, Nathan Adams has got four of my five goals - I've only got him on loan for 3 months too. Hopefully I'll be able to get a half decent loan player in January - possibly from Doncaster Rovers (my parent club), if they don't keep rejecting me :(.

Just to tell you in my Oxford City save. I didn't do as well as last time and 8 games in I was 11th. The board said if I didn't win at 1st place Farsley I'd be sacked. What a nice way to treat the manager that gave you 2nd last year !!! Tbh I have put them 150K in debt but... :D

Guys i am using the steam version. I have placed the edt file in the correct place according to the first post, but it does not show up in game?

EDIT, nevermind, i just decided to use a save game with the file already in place.

I reloaded several times, hoping for clevedon. Gave up in the end and settled for Tiverton Town.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/6389/21470878.jpg

Canvey Island 2021/22 Report - EPL

one step closer, eventually

3 consecutive top 7 finishes in a row, so surely this was the season to break into the top 4? The media had us as finishing whereabouts we were last season, whilst the pre-season odds also refelcted this.

League - Positions -

A truley awful start of the season had us somewhere where we'd never been before, the relegation zone. Only 2 wins out of our first 10 games was more than problematic; however strangely those wins had came vs Man Utd and Chelsea whilst we had been overwhelmed by the powerhouses of Ipswich and Peterborough :rolleyes:

Shredding all that I could in January in terms of restless players, our form started to be what I had expected at the start of the season, with only defeats vs Arsenal, Spurs and City coming in 2022. So despite our awful start, we somehow manages to claim 5th spot (our highest finishing position) in the end, probably helped by how close the mid-table was throughout the season.

Cups

Community Shiled (Does this count as a cup?)

Chelsea 0-0p Canvey Island (3-5 pens)

All hail Oscar Ustari. We had no business being within 3 goals, nevermind winning it.

FA Cup

3rd rd - Canvey Island 8-2 Leicester City

4th rd - Canvey Island 1-1 Arsenal

4th rd rep - Arsenal 1p-1 Canvey Island (4-2 pens)

The first time in 5 years we didn't progress to the semis, though we peformed admirably in both games against the then league leaders.

Carling Cup

3rd rd - Canvey Island 4-2 West Ham United

4th rd - Canvey Island 1-1p Manchester City (6-7 pens)

I know that realistically I should be happy that I took them to penalties, but truth be told they did everything in their powers to give us the win in 90 mins, our failure to break down 10 men eventually being punished.

Euro Cup

4th quali rd leg 1 - FK Javor Habitpharm Ivanjica (SRB) 0-3 Canvey Island

4th quali rd leg 2 - Canvey Island 3-0 FK Javor Habitpharm Ivanjica (SRB) (agg 6-0)

How we only won that 6-0 overall I don't know, but nevertheless we made it through comfortably.

Matchday 1 - Sparta Prague (CZE) 1-1 Canvey Island

Matchday 2 - Canvey Island 4-2 Real Zaragoza S.A.D. (ESP)

Matchday 3 - Canvey Island 4-0 Galatasary SK (TUR)

Mathcday 4 - Galatasary SK (TUR) 0-2 Canvey Island

Matchday 5 - Canvey Island 2-2 Sparta Prague (CZE)

Matchday 6 - Real Zaragoza S.A.D. (ESP) 2-2 Canvey Island

Group E Final Table

When we can't buy a win in the domestic league, we go unbeaten in a hard looking (on paper) group; makes perfect sense I suppose :rolleyes:

1st ko rd leg 1 - TSG 1899 Hoffenheim (GER) 2-3 Canvey Island

1st ko rd leg 2 - Canvey Island 2-2 TSG 1899 Hoffenheim (GER) (agg 5-4)

2nd ko rd leg 1 - Canvey Island 1-1 Real Madrid C.F. (ESP)

2nd ko rd leg 2 - Real Madrid C.F. (ESP) 1-0 Canvey Island (agg 2-1)

Slightly fortunate to escape Germany with a win, but should've won the 2nd leg to be honest. Again, we needed to win the home leg as a Rafa Benitez team will always been hard to break-down in a European tie.

Squad (1)(2)

Gradually the numbers are coming down, but that was more as a result fromt the January transfer dealings than anything else.

Millward's Player Choice Award (basically who I think deserves our Player of the Season before the Fan's vote...)

2010/11 - Luke Thurlbourne MC

2011/12 - Chris Todd DC

2012/13 - Scott Smith DL

2013/14 - Dean Lodge AMR

2014/15 - Dean Hammond MC

2015/16 - Luciano Napoli ST

2016/17 - Borja ST

2017/18 - László Horváth MC

2018/19 - Leonid Gerasimov GK

2019/20 - Oscar Ustari GK

2020/21 - Khouma Babacar ST

2021/22 - Steve Peacock DC (1)(2) (Academy Product :eek:)

I wish all of my academy players turn out like he has, but I have a feeling that may be a little bit unrealistic. Still needs to control himself though, the 2 red cards he recieved were both for violent conduct.

Transfers (1)(2) - Again, a load of new troops arrived; once again ones that I didn't need all that much but were, in most cases, slight improvements on what I had previously. With a lot of unrest towards January, I basically tried to sell anyone who a) refused a contract extension or b) was complaining about anything. So outwards went many players, including first-teamers; Caligiuri, Nicolini, Busch, Gardner, Zuiverloon and finally Babacar :(

Finances - If I keep raking in £100m+ on transfers each season, I think the picture won't be bleak for some time to come.

Confidence - Went down as far as 'Stable' during the low point of the season, but finishing high up gained my 'Untouchable' status back for now. Squad harmony still needs sorting out though...

History

2010/11 - BSS: 3rd, defeat in playoff semi-finals

2011/12 - BSS: 1st

2012/13 - BSP: 1st

2013/14 - CCL2: 1st

2014/15 - CCL1: 7th

2015/16 - CCL1: 1st

2016/17 - CCC: 8th

2017/18 - CCC: 1st

2018/19 - EPL: 7th

2019/20 - EPL: 6th, LC winners

2020/21 - EPL: 6th, FA winners

2021/22 - EPL: 5th

The Trophy Cabinet

Blue Square South - 2011/12

Blue Square Premier - 2012/13

Coca-Cola League 2 - 2013/14

Coca-Cola League 1 - 2015/16

Coca-Cola Championship - 2017/18

League Cup - 2019/20

FA Cup - 2020/21

Community Shield - 2021/22

Aims for next season: The board are now expecting a top 6 finish, so there can't be much repeat of our slow start to the season again. I think, once again, that we can challenge for the top 4; though we'll need to be consistent throughout the campaign, something we haven't since we've been in this divsion.

Merthyr Tydfll Season 3 2012/13 CCL2 - Promotion!!!

Well, the season began with me stating we would achieve midseason obscurity, and the first few matches seemed to confirm this.. But suddenly I ended up being first place with a 5-5-1 record.. Which brought a huge morale boost, and my lads kept on going, and could have been champions had they not drawn the last two games whilst being 2 up!

Particularily blooming was John Giudetti. on loan from Bolton. who managed to bag 30 league goals, and also turn top-scorer of CCL2

Next year League 1.. I will see what happens, but bank on mid-table for now, the reputation can't keep up with rapid promotion, nor can my budgets.

Table

Transfers

As you can see, no late signings this time around, in fact no signing in 2013!

2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promotion through Play-offs!
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      1st         Champions!+FA Trophy Winners!
2011/12   Coca Cola League 2      3rd         Promotion!

Hey boys!

The buddies are back (TheMightyDuck08 & Fudger)!!!

We shall be returning, but seeing as i've lost the save, from the start again :/

I shall be my local team AFC Hornchurch, whilst Jake shall be FC United.

We shall post our profiles later as we are bloomin tired :p

Regards

TheMightyDuck08

Going to start again, as I've been away for a while and lost interest in my old FCUM save. Currently holidaying.

Up come FCUM after a couple of tries. Was thinking about going somewhere different, but as they came up relatively quick, it must be fate...

Chelseadaft Ashford Town (Middx) Season Three 2012/13 League Two - Champions!

We've done it, three titles in three seasons and its an amazing achievement.

We took to the challenge of League Two really well and had another impressive season. Once we hit top spot we never looked back. It all started back in the summer as the club turned professional. As a result the squad needed a revamp with better quality players coming in to give us a chance to achieve what the club had asked for "attempt to avoid relegation". Arsenal became my parent club and it took just three loanee's to make a difference this season. Hoyte, Macaluso and Galindo came in and did a great job.

We started off the season in style. That result showed that we had what it takes to build on that performance and aim for the playoff's but we kicked on from there. We won promotion with 4 games to go and won the League on the last day of the season with a win away and we were confirmed as Champions.

My Squad (according to my ass man) needs a complete overhaul with three or four staying but will try and bring in a new ass man with a higher reputation to see how many players I need to get rid of come June 25th. My Finances are not looking too good so stadium revamp is out of the question. We did receive a payout for winning the league but as normal, i set my player bonuses to high to give my players motivation to win the league and the end of season payout is what put me in the red.

I did also receive two job offers this season and turned them down.

For now though, here are my Champions for the third season running! Roll on League One!

GK: Fairley / Jesionkowski

DR: Hoyte / Pipe

DL: Bender / Rose

DC: McArdle / McNulty

DC: Meace

DMC: Meyler / Alarcon

MC: Leven / Macaluso

MC: Folly / Santonocito

AMC: Galindo / (Santonocito)

FC: Nardiello / Revell

FC: Sheriden / McAusland

2011/12   Blue Square Premier      1st         Champions, FA Trophy Winners!
2012/13   League Two               1st         Champions

Here we go...

Unknown Joe Jordan Takes AFC Hornchurch Hot Seat

Local lad Joe Jordan, aged 33, has recently taken charge at Bridge Avenue to tackle the challenge at AFC Hornchurch. He expressed his delight at gaining the job, and even uttered the words:

"I will take this team, eventually, to the Premier League and Champions League glory and put Hornchurch on the footballing map!"

By the looks of things, he's off his rocker...surely?

Archived