dafuge

dafuge's FM10 challenge

8,432 posts in this topic

Great season to recover from the last, I almost hope you don't win the World Cup - the all-T&M era is very interesting :)

If I'm counting right that's 19 Premier League titles, dafuge. Massively impressive. It would be fitting, if next season is to be the last of the all T&M era, for you to round it off with title #20.

[quote name='SnakeXe']Great season to recover from the last, I almost hope you don't win the World Cup - the all-T&M era is very interesting :)[/QUOTE]

It has been good, but it has also been frustrating. Knowing you have weaknesses in your squad and not being able to do anything about it is a bit annoying, as it missing out on all the world class players I could be signing.

[quote name='Terk']If I'm counting right that's 19 Premier League titles, dafuge. Massively impressive. It would be fitting, if next season is to be the last of the all T&M era, for you to round it off with title #20.[/QUOTE]

20th title followed by a World Cup win, that would be my ideal scenario for next season.

[quote name='dafuge']It has been good, but it has also been frustrating. Knowing you have weaknesses in your squad and not being able to do anything about it is a bit annoying, as it missing out on all the world class players I could be signing.[/QUOTE]

your domination with your own youth players is incredible. i assume you have top youth + youth acadamy.
If i only played my youths i'd be in league 1, mind you my youth facilities are only good as the chairman see's no need to improve them.
Not sure i could give up trying to buy world class youngsters, my best rated player is a 20yo South African bought for only 120k :D

[quote name='Thebaker']your domination with your own youth players is incredible. i assume you have top youth + youth acadamy. [/QUOTE]

The youth players I was getting before the facilities were maxed out were pretty awful, there's no way I could have done it with them.

2016/17 completed. Finished 8th, which was well above both the Board's and my expectations. Got to the 6th round of the FA Cup, losing 1-0 at the Emirates to Carling Cup and League winners Arsenal. Lost in the 4th round of the Carling Cup, 1-0 away to Southampton.

Guidetti had a stinker of a season, ending with only 10 goals and 15 assists in all comps as the lone striker.

Board have agreed to a Youth and Training upgrade, using the EPL prize money :)

[code]League Season Finished Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square North 10/11 1st Champions
Blue Square Premier 11/12 1st Champions, FA Trophy Winners
League Two 12/13 3rd Automatic Promotion
League One 13/14 5th JPT Winners, Promoted
Championship 14/15 4th Promoted
Premiership 15/16 14th
Premiership 16/17 8th
[/code]

Well... I dont know how everyone won there league on the first go. Im having some trouble with Billericay. 1 Game won and 3 games drawn, 2 games lost to Forest Green and Bromley. Is this not bad for a starting 6 games?

[quote name='alstarz01']Well... I dont know how everyone won there league on the first go. Im having some trouble with Billericay. 1 Game won and 3 games drawn, 2 games lost to Forest Green and Bromley. Is this not bad for a starting 6 games?[/QUOTE]

Personally i rarely start a season well, usually i pick up after xmas. An influx of new players at the start often leads to an indifferent start and things improve when they bed in.
Your start is not too bad anyway, maybe a bit more firepower needed or a better defence to turn the draws into wins, or maybe just more luck :thup:

[quote name='alstarz01']Well... I dont know how everyone won there league on the first go. Im having some trouble with Billericay. 1 Game won and 3 games drawn, 2 games lost to Forest Green and Bromley. Is this not bad for a starting 6 games?[/QUOTE]

Thats not bad really, as mentioned once your team beds down those draws will edge into wins and the losses become draws ;)

Anyone noticed by the way how it's nigh on impossible to score from corners?! Am I missing something here?

[B][SIZE=3]England - Confederations Cup - 2053[/SIZE][/B]

This tournament came as a bit of a bonus as I didn't even realise we had qualified to play in it.

[URL="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/EnglandvNewZealand.png"]England vs New Zealand (group stage)[/URL]

We got off to a flying start but struggled to find a second goal as their keeper played a blinder. The second half was more of the same as we continued to dominate but just couldn't find the net. Disaster then struck as the ball rebounded off one of our players, making the score 1-1 in the 95th minute. This was a worrying result as it meant we had gone on a run of 5 games without a win, it could mean my time with England could come to an ubrupt end.

[URL="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/CameroonvEngland.png"]Cameroon vs England (group stage)[/URL]

We got the job done with a comfortable victory. Results elsewhere mean we could finish anywhere from 1st to 3rd depending on what happens in the final games.

[URL="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/EnglandvMexico.png"]England vs Mexico (group stage)[/URL]

Just when we really needed it, we pulled out a great performance against the hosts.

[URL="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/ConfederationsCup2053-1.png"]Final Group Table[/URL]

Despite the early shock, we managed to top the group. The semi finals see us against Brazil and Mexico against Spain.

[URL="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/BrazilvEngland-1.png"]Brazil vs England (semi final)[/URL]

The first half was a tight affair with not a lot between the two teams. Brazil took the lead early in the second half from a corner and didn't look like losing it until and own goal from a corner brought us back into the game. An injury in the second half of extra time put us down to ten men just before Paul Moran fired us into the lead. We then hung on to what looked like an unlikely victory to put us into the final against Mexico, who beat Spain 1-0 in extra time. It would have been nice to meet Spain again but I can't complain as we get a great chance to win a trophy for England with an all-T&M squad.

[URL="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/EnglandvMexico-2.png"]England vs Mexico (final)[/URL]

It felt very different to the grpu match as Mexico defended much better and kept us at bay in the first half. In the second half, the runs down the left wing from Mark Kidd were causing them trouble as they twice chopped him down, both times resulting in a red card. Mark Kidd then continued to bother them as he fired us into the lead, with Edward Graham scoring a free kick to make it 2-0 just minutes later. The nine men of Mexico just couldn't cope as we ran out comfortable winners to pick up the first ever trophy for England under my management.

[SIZE=3][COLOR=black][B]International Career Overview[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][CODE]Year Country Competition Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2030 Italy FIFA World Cup Winners
2032 Turkey European Championship Quarter Finals
2033 Spain Confederations Cup Finalists
2034 Spain FIFA World Cup Winners
2035 Brazil Copa América Semi Finalists
2038 Nigeria Cup of Nations Winners
2038 Nigeria FIFA World Cup Group Stage
2040 Czech Republic European Championship Qualifying playoff
2041 Serbia Confederations Cup 4th place
2042 Serbia FIFA World Cup 3rd place
2044 Belgium European Championship Group Stage
2046 Russia FIFA World Cup Group Stage
2048 England European Championship Semi Finalists
2050 England FIFA World Cup 3rd place
2052 England European Championship Finalists
2053 England Confederations Cup Winners[/CODE][SIZE=3][B]Next Season[/B][/SIZE]

The win was much needed as the pressure on my job was mounting. This is ceratinly not it for my all-T&M England team though, as I've firmly set my sights on the 2054 World Cup in Spain. [URL="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/FIFAWorldCupUEFAQualifyingSectio-11.png"]Qualification[/URL] has not been too easy, with a few silly points thrown away but the remaining fixtures should work in our favour.

From no Red Cards to deal with to 2 in one game! 4-0 Loss against Eastbourne has left me reeling a bit. Im still in the thick of a Play-Off battle though :)

My squad is unravelling at the seems, just lost my 2 best players, had to sell one before he left on a free...and my main striker did leave for free.. refused to accept a new contract and I ran out of time on him :( My main central midfielder is now also refusing to negotiate a new deal and I'll be losing him on a bosman to by the looks of it !!

Frustrating.

Great job on the first T&M trophy on the world stage dafuge :)

Unlucky Jaffa, I hate losing players when you want to keep them. I had a world-class right fullback who sulked for [B]two whole seasons[/B] after I rejected £40m for him from Man City, and left on a free.

Trying to get back into the game so decided to give this challenge a go. Couldn't get too many interesting teams to come up, got bored of reloading and eventually settled for Truro.

[URL="http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3407/ktsjonmnn.jpg"]Profile[/URL]

Added English as second nationality so my manager would speak the language (can't think of any other way to do it). Hope that's alright?

Brilliant! Lewes just got a penalty. They missed it. The striker went for the rebound but my defender lunged in and brought him down - another penalty straight away. They missed it again :D

Will probably still lose :(

EDIT: I didnt :)

[quote name='GreyedOutMan']Brilliant! Lewes just got a penalty. They missed it. The striker went for the rebound but my defender lunged in and brought him down - another penalty straight away. They missed it again :D

Will probably still lose :(

EDIT: I didnt :)[/QUOTE]

Looks like your luck is turning mate?

Hope mine is turning too, had an epic 4-3 away win at Portsmouth in the FA Cup 3rd round, that was pleasing :)

Just lost one of my most promising midfielders now too, bloody chairman accepting a 500k offer... what the hell, thats hardly anything!! Too good to refuse my a*se. I reckon I could of easily netted 1-2 million for him :(

Ive just got so annoyed at my season i've broken my desk! How can we go from 5th to the relegation zone cos the team can't win to save their lives! 12 Games without a win in a row. Most of those have been losses. What on earth is wrong!!

Pretty happy with my start to life with FC United. 7 games in, we're 7th with 11 points. The two games we've drawn we probably should have won as well.

*bangs head off wall*

I've kept forgetting to set my penalty takers, despite us having been awarded four penalties already this season. As such, my centre back captain keeps deciding to take them himself and so far he's missed all of them (and only got one on target).

Trying to decide if I should sell my RB. It's August and he has one year left on his contract. Only 25 as well. I have a younger RB who I could slot in but he could not have enough in him to be an adequate replacement. He is home grown though as I got him cheap young from Spain in time. Another option is to buy a 19yo RB but he might cost too much for his age and I have no idea if he'll adapt. Guess I could give my backup RB a shot until January and see how he does and go for the other guy. Means I'll sell my RB then.

Also have a young CB who's 23 IIRC and has good stats but keeps rating below 7. I brought in a teenage CB who's not as good but could be better with the right development. I also have a another teenage CB who got a few games here and there last season after I brought him in cheap. Now to wonder if I cash in on the CB or give him a chance to put in the performances.

That's a tough one, roseboy. I'd probably sell the RB and keep the CB, give him a little more time to prove himself.

Things going even better with FC United now, 14 games into the season and we're top of the table on a 9 game unbeaten run in the league.

Well... Last game of the season against Lewes, there top of the league. Im in the relegation zone. Nothing but a win can save me. We won 2-1!!! Im still there. 2nd Season hopefully will be better than this one

2010/11 - 18th

afternoon guys.
Started a game with oxford city yesterday, really strugling to get some free signings in or any signing at all, no one is interested, can anyone hint me to the best way off getting players in at beginningoff 2010/11 season.
looked and gone through the list off players that left their club end off last season as well.

any helpbe greatly appreciated.

andy

[quote name='andylincoln']afternoon guys.
Started a game with oxford city yesterday, really strugling to get some free signings in or any signing at all, no one is interested, can anyone hint me to the best way off getting players in at beginningoff 2010/11 season.
looked and gone through the list off players that left their club end off last season as well.

any helpbe greatly appreciated.

andy[/QUOTE]

As mentioned before, if you loaded players from top clubs look at Glasgow Rangers and Celtic, they have a lot of good youths who will join

I am thinking that i will give this challenge a go for the first time. Does anyone have a Horsham save that i can have as they are the side most local to me eligible for this challenge?

[quote name='darren1983']Looks like your luck is turning mate?[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Have been gradually working my way up the table and I'm now top of the table at the start of February. Looking really good and I have four really good strikers banging it in. The way this is going I'll be looking at consecutive promotions :)

Hasnt all been easy as you've seen - was hanging around mid-table until about 14 games in but since then have really gone on a good run.

[quote name='Paulo1985']I am thinking that i will give this challenge a go for the first time. Does anyone have a Horsham save that i can have as they are the side most local to me eligible for this challenge?

If you look on entry 7349 in this thread approx 30 up you will see where 'Terk' has highlighted 'This thread'
I have had a look and there is a horsham save in there.

hope that helps

andy

[quote name='GreyedOutMan']Indeed. Have been gradually working my way up the table and I'm now top of the table at the start of February. Looking really good and I have four really good strikers banging it in. The way this is going I'll be looking at consecutive promotions :)

Hasnt all been easy as you've seen - was hanging around mid-table until about 14 games in but since then have really gone on a good run.[/QUOTE]

Pleased to hear things are going well, as I have said before, took me 3 years to get out of BSS am now in Jan 2028 and in the premiership, keep at it mate.

My season is going from bad to worse, have now slipped down to 10th after just 1 win in 10, after back to back league wins I really wanted the chapions league this year but, despite drawing so poor slovakian (I think) team in the first knockout stage, with my current form thats not gonna happen, and may well miss out on europe all together

[quote name='Terk']That's a tough one, roseboy. I'd probably sell the RB and keep the CB, give him a little more time to prove himself.

Things going even better with FC United now, 14 games into the season and we're top of the table on a 9 game unbeaten run in the league.[/QUOTE]

Yeah probably what I should do. Have a bit of time left to loan out one of the teenage CBs. As well I'm thinking I'll give my backup RB a shot at the big time. He'd not done badly in his chances.

I think I'm going to ditch this save, it's winding me up far too much.

I've not been able to play since yesterday afternoon... I was 4-0 up in the 1st game of the season away to Tottenham at half time. We were cruising. I didn't give a half time talk, as I didn't want them to be complacent, nor did I want to say I was disappointed. The game ended 4-3, and if it wasn't for my fantastic GK, who the world and his wife want, we'd have been smashed by 8 or 9 to 4 come full time. On letting the 3rd in, I proceeded to smash the **** out of my mouse. It was the 1st thing to hand... My 2nd in a month :(

[SIZE=3][COLOR=Black][B][SIZE=4]Boreham Wood FC - Blue Square South - 2010/11[/SIZE]
[/B][SIZE=2]
First of all, thanks to Dafuge for this brilliant challenge that has kept me entertained for many an hour for two years. Also apologies for the liberty I hope he will see as a compliment – I stole his report layout! Like Dafuge in his first season, we were predicted by the media to finish rock bottom. However, on looking at my squad I didn’t feel the prediction was justified – there were some good players there. Some gaping holes, too – especially at left-back – but a squad that I felt was capable of at least a mid-table finish.

[size=4] [B][URL=http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm133/lukester1986/BOREHAM%20WOOD%202010/2010-11/LeagueTable.jpg]League Table[/URL]
[URL=http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm133/lukester1986/BOREHAM%20WOOD%202010/2010-11/LeaguePositions.jpg]League Positions Graph[/URL]
[/size]
[/B]Mid-table my foot! What a season! The first third of the season was very up and down but after that the squad really gelled and we scored goals for fun. Really pleased with that – only my 2nd promotion on this challenge, and this time it came in the first season for the very first time. Promotion was secured with a game to spare but we were 5-6 points ahead of Eastleigh for quite a while before that, and a playoff spot was guaranteed well before.
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2]
[size=4][URL=http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm133/lukester1986/BOREHAM%20WOOD%202010/2010-11/?action=view¤t=FACup.jpg][B]The e.on FA Cup[/B][/URL] [/size]– we had a really good run including a famous win against League Two promotion chasers Chesterfield before a narrow defeat to League One strugglers Oldham. Pleased with that, definitely. With a bit of luck we can go one further next season and get a big draw against a Premiership side and a trip to O.T., Emirates or Stamford Bridge, although I’d happily settle for somewhere like Upton Park, The Stadium of Light or St Andrew’s even...

[size=4][URL=http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm133/lukester1986/BOREHAM%20WOOD%202010/2010-11/FATrophy.jpg][B]FA Trophy[/B][/URL] [/size]– disappointing defeat to Cheltenham having beaten one BSP opponent already.

[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[size=4][B][URL=http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm133/lukester1986/BOREHAM%20WOOD%202010/2010-11/Transfers.jpg]Transfers[/URL][/B][/size][size=2] - the squad was pretty good already for this level, and I usually end up in huge debt with poor players in the first season so I thought this time I’d try to do it with my own squad. Cassius was a legend for my Hastings Utd team so I got him in but that was it until March when, after months of trying to find a decent left-back, I signed two 16 year-olds on the same day. Hopefully at least one of them will be OK – either is better than the hopeless wing back I played at full-back most of the season. Two decent central midfielders signed on frees at the end of the season.

[URL=http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm133/lukester1986/BOREHAM%20WOOD%202010/2010-11/Squad.jpg][size=4][B]Squad[/B][/URL] [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][SIZE=3][SIZE=2] - a pretty young side with significant contributions coming from all over the place. Particularly the strikers who managed a massive goals tally of 65 between them.

[SIZE=3][B]Key Player Profiles:
[/B][SIZE=2]
[URL=http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm133/lukester1986/BOREHAM%20WOOD%202010/2010-11/BARNETT.jpg]Stuart Barnett[/URL] – not a regular at first, as Robins and Robson started off the season on fire and were then joined by Cassius. But once he got into the team he made himself a regular very quickly and as you can see, he really took the league’s defences by storm. By far the best player in the squad now. Got a nasty hip injury in April so will spend the summer with specialists.

[URL=http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm133/lukester1986/BOREHAM%20WOOD%202010/2010-11/ROBINS.jpg]Jamie Robins[/URL] – didn’t score quite as regularly as Barnett but his goals in the early part of the season salvaged a few points which looked at the time like they wouldn’t be enough to keep us in the league, but ended up being crucial in getting us promoted.

[URL=http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm133/lukester1986/BOREHAM%20WOOD%202010/2010-11/CASSIUS.jpg]Marcus Cassius[/URL] – annoying to have three strikers in the squad as the defence was good too as a unit. But Marcus, who was a stalwart in my Hastings United team, gets a much quicker promotion this time around.

[URL=http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm133/lukester1986/BOREHAM%20WOOD%202010/2010-11/OWEN.jpg]Ben Owen[/URL] – the stalwart at the back – held the unit together brilliantly all season.

[URL=http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm133/lukester1986/BOREHAM%20WOOD%202010/2010-11/CONNOR.jpg]Robert Connor[/URL] – possibly my favourite player. The best winger I’ve ever seen at this level, and Connor has really shown it this season.

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=3][B]Career Overview[/B][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][code]Season League Position Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11 Blue Square South 1st Promoted as Champions
[/code][SIZE=3][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][B][SIZE=3]
Next Season
[/SIZE][/B][SIZE=2]
Well after struggling with this game for so long I didn’t think I would have such a great season. It wasn’t easy and we struggled a lot in some games especially at the start of the season. Next season will not be a walk in the park but if we can hang on to our best players we should be in with a chance of another promotion. Will also look to clear out some of the dead wood that clearly does still lurk in that squad. There’s more in the reserves too![/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Congrats GOM, good to see things are starting to work out for you, and well done for persevereing :)

I dunno really, I don't know much about players at that level... But regens I know a bit about :) Barnett and Connor are too good for the BSS ;)

The 3 players that they all want:

Got [URL="http://img97.imageshack.us/i/schouten.png/"]Schouten[/URL] while in the CCC for free from ADO Den Haag

I got [URL="http://img402.imageshack.us/i/verratti.png/"]Verratti[/URL] on a free from AC Milan at the end of 2015/16

My £12.5m record signing: [URL="http://img225.imageshack.us/i/rodriguez.png/"]Rodriguez[/URL] (and already rejected an £18.75m bid from AC Milan)

Yep. Got a rather interesting academy graduate a few minutes ago too - watch out for the name Peter Parnaby ;)

Might have to sell one or two strikers this summer, got a selection headache with three strikers who are good enough for league football and a further three who would be leading stars in any BSP team.

Gonna lose Connor on a free though :(

EDT: No I'm not! Signed a 4-year contract :D

[url=http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm133/lukester1986/BOREHAM%20WOOD%202010/2011-12/ArsenalLink.jpg]Being a Gooner, this was a great moment :-)[/url]

So - any tips on the BSP and what strategies need to change from the BSS?

Carry on as you ended the last season, and change things as you go along if they need changing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

[URL="http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8779/whothefeckaremanunited.png"]Who the f**k are Man United?[/URL]

Another season in charge of Truro City, another promotion :D
This time we're heading into the Championship after coming 2nd in League One behind Derby. Heavy investment is needed and the club have just received their first £1million offer for a player! It's my Icelandic ST Finbogason who is likely to heading out of the door to join Portsmouth.

More details to follow and screenies later................... :thup:

Glad to see you stick with it GreyedOutMan and congrats on the promotion.

Thanks for the Horsham Save.

Just wondering if anyone has a save game with all top clubs players retained. I can not get the DDT file to show up in 10.3 patch and really want to give this a go. I dont mind if it is already with the teams promoted or if it is from the 24th june. Would like to start with a local team (South east England) but am not really fussed just as long as the top club players are retained.

Thanks Guys

[quote name='TacticalGenius'][URL="http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8779/whothefeckaremanunited.png"]Who the f**k are Man United?[/URL][/QUOTE]

wow is that the Real Madrid Raul if so he would be 40/41 and still scoring a hatrick at the highest level :D