dafuge

dafuge's FM10 challenge

8,433 posts in this topic

Here you go: Me

Board want safe mid-table. Are they being serious!!!???

Hey mate, how did you get the regen pic for your manager profile? tried searching for it, but couldn't find anything. Looks sweet :)

Here is my Profile pic and also my Personal screen shot. This is what I did against Hereford but then lost in the 2nd round against Barnet!

I'm at the turn of the year now and I am waiting for the injuries and dip in form to hit right when it matters. I have no doubt I will struggle till the end of the season!!

Decided to go again with FC United seeing as how I've finished with the Pilgrims though that save is still ongoing and I will continue to update it.

Here's my Profile and Personal pages

This is so frustrating! I have done everything you'd think would do the trick - simple tactics, players with good physical stats....but still I'm 2nd bottom with 5 points from 7 games, and without a win since the opening day.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2051/52

Last season we regained our Premier League crown but lost out in the FA Cup and Champions League finals, this season we were hoping to make up for that.

League Table

League Positions Graph

It was an awful season for us as we went from pure brilliance to Sunday league standard. With just three games to go we were sitting top of the league but faced Man City and Spurs in our next two games, we lost them both and slipped down to fifth. We managed a win in our final game against Watford and Arsenal somehow managed to lose 4-0 to West Ham, handing us an unexpected Champions League spot.

Community Shield - could have gone either way but we were lucky to win on penalties.

Carling Cup - we had a good run but a missed penalty ruined our chances in the semi final.

FA Cup - a last goal knocked us out in a really poor game for us.

UEFA Champions League - the group stage was simple stuff but our challenge ended in the quarter final as we went out on away goals.

Squad - we struggled for depth this year as a few players suffered injuries.

Key Player Profiles:

Paul Moran - top scorer but this was his worst for a while.

Andy Greenhouse - the coaches have written him off but he had a great season.

Julian Cockerill - the late bloomer, although he could really be off now as he is insisting on leaving.

George Fry - another great year but he's past his peak now.

Brian Brown - the captain chipped in with an impressive 7 goals this season.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  5th         Club World Cup winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Club World Cup winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
2051/52   Barclays Premier League  4th    

Next Season

Win something, anything.

The board takeover has given my finances a great boost, with £250m now sitting in my account. I'm hoping this is to finance a new stadium, but if the move is blocked since it has only been 10 years since my last, I my consider doing something else with the money.

This is one more chance for all-T&M glory this season though as England head to the European Championship in Wales and Scotland.

Jabuti doesnt exist. McGurk - at Millwall. Gotta do better than that ;)

Finbogasson - Not sure he'll be available, but a great Icelandic Striker.

Paudie Quinn - Irish Midfielder who joined me on a free at the start of the campaign.

Erm.... I'm not sure of anyone else who'll able to help.

It's really tactics I need. Although I've tried just about everything anyone's ever told me and still it's not enough!

Guys I dont think its an issue of players - all my players have good physical stats for this level. I think it's tactics. Besides, one or two players is not going to turn everything around...

Just beaten 2nd place Bishop Stortford 5-1 on their own patch and have secured a play off place and its only the 5th March!

It's really tactics I need. Although I've tried just about everything anyone's ever told me and still it's not enough!

Keep it simple and try to play to your sides strengths whilst keeping your squad balanced.

Try and change your players roles to their strongest roles, i.e. Limited Centre-Backs rather than normal centre-backs.

In the BSN/S a fast striker can be deadly as can a strong target man.

Personally I would select the base formation you prefer or have players to fit, 4-4-2 or if you have useless wingers something narrow like 4-1-3-2, or 4-1-2-1-2. Leave the various settings on default.

For your full-backs if they are good at getting forward put them on support or if they aren't put them on defensive.

With centre-backs I don't bother with cover/stopper roles just leave them as limited or normal DC's on defend unless their attributes suggest otherwise.

If you are playing wide players a fast attack minded player would work better as a winger, whilst a Wide Midfielder offers more in defence.

In the centre of midfield it depends on what you have, just make sure you balance them out.

Upfront if your strikers are fast make them poachers, if you have someone who is good in the air make him a Target Man.

The Stamina of your players is also important as low stamina means your players will get tired quicker, so you may need to keep your eye on it and sub any tired players before they make mistakes.

Then it's a case of watching the matches and seeing what is going wrong and trying to fix them with small changes, also try and get an ass. manager with high tactical knowledge so he can lend advise in the matches.

Thing is i'm doing most of this and its just not working! Will implement a few extra bits and bobs from what you've said and keep trying.

Well i implemented a few more of those things (most obviously changing from 4-2-2 to 4-1-3-2 because my wingers were complete carp), and managed a 1-1 draw away at Gloucester. Passing improved a fair bit. Is it worth getting all my players to work on ball control, which presumably should improve their passing?

15 games without a win now. Plenty of draws (8 since the opening day win, now), but no wins. This is hopeless!

Chelseadaft Ashford (Middx) Blue Square South Season 1 2010/2011.

CHAMPIONS!

It was a truly fantastic performance from the side. First thing I did was get hold of a decent Ass Man and Jimmy Hunter came in. As soon as he started recommending players I brought them in on trial along with some other "decent" Scottish free transfers I got hold of after their names had been mentioned on here once or twice :thup:

So I made plenty of signings but not OTT. Got rid of the deadwood and ones that didn't make the grade as far as Hunter was concerned and went with it.

Our form at the beginning of the season was ropey to say the least. I never really had any momentum going. I didn't have any decent wingers to adopt a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 do ditched the 4-4-2 I had started with and went with the 4-1-2-1-2 formation and it quite simply "worked wonders" and my form was top notch. Became unstoppable in the end.

I simply played to the strengths of the side. I was winning games easily and still had the odd blip or two but overall no one could catch us.

We finished on 99 points which was a highlight for me as I have never ever come close to something like that before. We had won the league with 5 games to go.

My Finances aren't great at all, just noticed our pitch is useless so have asked the board to relay it in the summer and they have agreed. I am now also allowed no more than 6 coaches and 4 scouts so am on a mission to get this team up to the required standard.

For me its about getting hold of players who are rated as Leading Stars for the league you are in or good players for the league above when you are in the lower leagues and that's what I intend to do in the summer.

For now these are the boys that has done me proud my best ever season so far! Come on the Tangerines!!!

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        1st         Champions! 

whats up guys, nice thread. I want to start my own carrear in this challenge and was wondering if you'll can redirect me to a facepack that has the lower league players in it. And if possible icons. Thank you

My board has increased my wage budget by £600 p/w and struggling to add extra quality in. Some of the mediocre earners who played a supporting role will have to go and will have to renegotiate others contracts.....

Have slapped a £250k price tag on Fitzharris and Fairey if anyone wants to give me that amount as the interest in them increases!! :rolleyes:

I've shockingly gone on a run of 11 straight defeats in my maiden CCC season, dropped from a safe 17th position to the relegation zone 21st. Looking at my remaining fixtures, 4 away and 3 at home, and the quality of those sides, I think I'm in definite fear of going back to League 1. I just cant get the lads performing no matter what tactics I employ!

Hey mate, how did you get the regen pic for your manager profile? tried searching for it, but couldn't find anything. Looks sweet :)

I'll dig out a link to the thread in a min :)

Edit: HERE

There are loads to choose from, and I believe the creator takes requests too...

whats up guys, nice thread. I want to start my own carrear in this challenge and was wondering if you'll can redirect me to a facepack that has the lower league players in it. And if possible icons. Thank you

Quite a lot of players at this level are already in the game with faces. Plus you get a lot of 1st-season regens by the time it starts. I only have 4/5 "GreyedOutMen" (!) in my squad now, and still in the first season of the challenge.

Still only 1 win in 15 :(

Still only 1 win in 15 :(

I can't see why it is so difficult? I'm playing by LLM rules and still getting back to back promotions (in L1 atm, 2013/14) I'm using my own formation, was a 4-4-2 until L1, now using a 4-2-2-2 with AMR/AML because I have decent wingers...

Ta - but the problem is I just dont see what he sees! It looks to me like everyone is either doing everything wrong or everything right - very little that I can find from it that is helpful.

I can't see why it is so difficult? I'm playing by LLM rules and still getting back to back promotions (in L1 atm, 2013/14) I'm using my own formation, was a 4-4-2 until L1, now using a 4-2-2-2 with AMR/AML because I have decent wingers...

Well I dunno - i seem to be doing everything right - i do more or less everything that is generally accepted to be the right way to play in the lower leagues, and still I cant win. Just got knocked out of the FA Trophy to Bedfont Green!

Write up your basic tactics and formation and maybe I could read through and suggest something?

Guys does anyone know why it is that whenever I use the analysis page during a game, I cant access my tactics for the rest of the game after that? Is this a bug? I also cant pause the game!

Write up your basic tactics and formation and maybe I could read through and suggest something?

What do you mean by "write up"?

Guys does anyone know why it is that whenever I use the analysis page during a game, I cant access my tactics for the rest of the game after that? Is this a bug? I also cant pause the game!

Argh! Now the game has completely crashed on me! It's just not moving!

I think I might have found a work-around although not a solution. But I can't win for love nor money, so think I'm going to take another break from this game. I dont get how people find it so easy, I try every piece of advice I can get and nothing works.

What do you mean by "write up"?

As in write out your player roles, team instructions, etc.

Sorry to hear about the crash. Do you have backups? I use a weekly rolling 3-save system...

It was the first game I'd played today, so its not a problem but it happens every time. It's not a crash as such because I can just stick myself on holiday for a day and it's fine. But it seems to be an issue...

I will write up my player roles etc for you now, but I think I'm going to revert to FM09 for a while as this game is driving me insane. The last 4 games I've played across this save and my Barcelona save have all involved last-minute penalties for my opposition.

As in write out your player roles, team instructions, etc.

Sorry to hear about the crash. Do you have backups? I use a weekly rolling 3-save system...

Would it be easier/more beneficial for me to upload the save for you to take a look at and give me some pointers? Although knowing the way this game is going, you'll do that, I'll follow it all to the T, and still win just one game a season!

Hmm. I don't use match analysis so I don't know if I have a problem there!

In terms of the tactic, write it out here and I'll take a look?

OK. I have tried out a few but the basics remain the same. Currently:

4-1-3-2 formation, very narrow.

Rigid, Standard Philosophy.

Direct Passing

Disciplined Creativity

Default Closing Down and Tackling

Man Marking

Default Crossing (but not much of that anyway)

No Roaming

Sliders at Defaults

The rest is just anything I've changed from the defaults:

Goalkeeper, Defend: Distribution - defender collect

Full Back, Support (L)

Full Back, Support ®

Limited Defender, Defend *2

Defensive Midfielder, Defend (DMC)

Ball Winning Midfielder, Defend (MC)

Central Midfielder, Support (MC) - short(ish) passing style

Central Midfielder, Attack (MC)

Target Man, Support (SC)

Poacher, Attack (SC)

Obviously a lot of the defaults were right for me (e.g. Target Man holding up the ball), so it hasnt been tweaked all that much. I would have tweaked more but so much seems to be going wrong and so little right that it seems futile.

Ok, I'd suggest:

4-1-2-1-2

Rigid, Counter Philosophy.

Direct Passing

Disciplined Creativity

Default Marking

Default Roaming

Tempo: Last notch of Slow (before it becomes 'normal')

Goalkeeper, creator default

Full Back, Auto (L)

Full Back, Auto ®

Central Defender, 1 Cover, 1 Defend

Anchor Man, Defend (DMC)

Box to Box, support (MC)

Deep lying Playmaker, Support (MC)

Trequartista, Attack (AMC)

Target Man, Support (SC)

Poacher, Attack (SC)

or:

4-4-2:

Rigid, Counter Philosophy.

Direct Passing

Disciplined Creativity

Default Marking

Default Roaming

Tempo: Last notch of Slow (before it becomes 'normal')

Goalkeeper, creator default

Full Back, Auto (L)

Full Back, Auto ®

Central Defender, 1 Cover, 1 Defend

Ball winning mid, Defend (MC)

Deep lying Playmaker, Support (MC)

Defensive Winger, Support (ML/MR)

Target Man, Support (SC)

Poacher, Attack (SC)

The 4-4-2 got me to League One, all automatic promotions, 2 league wins (BSN/BSP) and FA Trophy win...

OK will give the 4-1-2-1-2 a try - the 4-4-2 is a non-starter as my wingers are cruddy. Might switch to it later on if 4-1-2-1-2 isnt working out. Will let you know.

All that matters with the wingers is pace, acceleration, dribbling and crossing. Surely a couple of getting a couple of frees isn't impossible...?

Pace, acceleration and generally dribbling isnt a problem, but it's really hard to find players who are good crossers at this level, I've found...

Pace, acceleration and generally dribbling isnt a problem, but it's really hard to find players who are good crossers at this level, I've found...

Make them AMR/AML inside forwards then, and set crossing to sometimes, or rare if they're that bad...

But yet again, I do everything you say, and still dont see results. I get a fair few draws which has kept me in touch and not cut adrift, but still no wins since opening day. 20 games since my last win.

I think it's safe to say I'm pretty much doomed for the drop back to L1. 4 games left and I'm 5 points adrift :o