dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have downloaded it, put it in the right place and it does not show up on preferences. (on steam, although I have 10.0.2 patch, it does not say 1020 as in

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\updates\update-1020\db\1020\edt

there, it says 1000)

Still does for 10.0.3 patch.

Forget that, didn't read it properly :p

Is there one of these for the 10.0.3 patch?

Forget that, didn't read it properly :p

Is there one of these for the 10.0.3 patch?

The same one should work (I'm using it), just put it in ...\update-1030\db\1030\edt instead of ...\update-1020\db\1020\edt and it should be fine.

The same one should work (I'm using it), just put it in ...\update-1030\db\1030\edt instead of ...\update-1020\db\1020\edt and it should be fine.

Thank you. I'm going to start one of these games after I get bored of my Tottenham save :D

FC United - Coca Cola League Two - Season 2014/2015

League:

After some promising summer transfers, I really hoped we could push for a play-off place although it didn't look too promising after we lost 3 of our first 5 games. However after that, it was just a series of positives as various unbeaten runs saw us climb up the table. 9 unbeaten before our 4th loss of the season, then a 13 game unbeaten run before a loss. Then amazingly we nearly went for the rest of the season unbeaten but lost to Shrewsbury towards the end of the season to end a fantastic 22 game unbeaten run and also start a little poor run of form to finish the season with. Defensively we were strong and going forward we rarely smashed teams but won alot of games comfortably like 2-0/3-0.

League Table

Squad:

5. Herman Goore -Probably doesn't deserve to be in there. However after signing him in January without even seeing his stats, he earnt his place almost straight away and is proving to be a solid buy. He's only young and has improved month on month. Can't wait for him to keep progressing!

4. Dany N'Guessan - Good second season and added a few more goals to his game which was pleasing. His performances from the right were very consistant and overall a really good season from him!

3. Sam Turner - Our top scorer. On loan for the season, he provided us with alot of pace which is always key. On his own upfront for alot of the season and was always a willing runner of the channels.

2. Ashley Coleman - He keeps getting better and better. His second season and he keeps performing for us and also was upgraded to vice-captain. Big step up next year into league one and hopefully he can hold us together at the back.

1. Michael Noone - This is exactly why this man is captain. Some heroic performances in key games and our driving force in midfield. Goals, assists and high quality performances. 3rd time in 4 seasons he's won this awards, well done!

Finances....

Transfers....

Season           League                Final Pos.         Achievements.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11      Blue Square North            7th              Nothing
2011/12      Blue Square North            2nd              Play-off winners.
2012/13      Blue Square Premier          2nd              Play-off winners.
2013/14      Coca Cola League Two         16th             Nothing
2014/15      Coca Cola League Two         3rd              Automatic Promotion

Mini update.

33 games gone now, and a 94th minute equaliser for Newcastle at Power Stadium (Citeh's ground), coupled with our 3-0 win over Leicester, means that both us and City are on 76 points. Our goal difference is +41, theirs is +39.

Our fixtures:

Reading (A)

Stoke (H)

Newcastle (A)

Notts Forest (H)

Everton (A)

City's fixtures:

Notts Forest (A)

Everton (H)

Tottenham (A)

West Ham (H)

Aston Villa (A)

I could easily see both sides winning each of their remaining fixtures and this coming down to goal difference. My big hope is that because they're still in the CL and the FA Cup, their fixture congestion might cause them to drop a couple of points somewhere. I do think that we'll have to win all five of our games to take the title though.

Be glad I wasn't drinking anything, you'd owe me a new keyboard if I was :D.

Hah well, you can't spell Slaughter without laughter :)

Anyway just finished my first league game with Banbury. Won 3-1 against Blyth only conceading because of a penalty.

Guess who scored the three for us :rolleyes:

SnakeXe's Tiverton Town - Season 2 - 2011/12

Story of the Season:

I was slightly apprehensive as to how we'd adapt to the higher standard - but I needn't have worried, if anything we were even more dominant! We scored goals for fun from the very beginning, and barely dropped points in the first 15 matches. When we did finally lose one, we responded with even better form. This culminated in my biggest win to date, 7-1 over AFC Wimbledon.

With the league resembling a procession, attention turned to the cup competitions. We did far better in the FA Cup this year, earning ourselves a 2nd Round tie against League One's Port Vale. We should have beaten them in the home tie, they nicked an equaliser late on, but then walked over us in the replay.

As for the FA Trophy, we made hard work of almost every round, but got to the semi-final where we faced Gateshead. A spate of injuries meant we could only draw 1-1 at home, setting it up nicely for the away leg. An early goal for them put us under pressure, but we responded well to win it 2-1 very late on.

In the league, the results kept coming, and we opened up a very healthy lead at the top. Finally we secured the title after 42 games, and the board though they'd celebrate it by giving me a huge transfer budget!

This just left the FA Trophy Final against BSN side Hinckley. Easy for a side who'd just stormed their way to the BSP title, right?

Wrong. So, so, angry :mad: injuries ruined our team but we still should have had enough.

Jabuti and I cleaned house again on the individual awards.

Next Season:

We should be getting our first members of the Tiverton 100 Club (see below). With the dominance we displayed in the BSP we should have to target the Playoffs at least in League Two. I'd also like to buy a defender who can defend ;)

5 Most Important Players:

5. Anton Peterlin MC - Produced some imperious displays in the centre of midfield

4. Martin Riley DC - Defensively iffy, but a ridiculous threat from set pieces, nearly a goal every other game

3. Daniel Jones D/ML - Played at both DL and ML for me and did fantastically at both, contributed plenty of seats

2. Chad Bond ST - Great foil for the man at number 1 in this list, scored and created

1. Jabuti FC - 58 goals in a season is more than any other player I've ever had on FM10, a truly incredible effort

At a Glance:

Blue Square Premier - 1st, Promoted as Champions

FA Cup - 2nd Round Replay (lost v Port Vale)

FA Trophy - Runners Up (lost v Hinckley)

Transfers - Broke even

History:

Season   League               Pos  Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  Blue Square South    1st  Promoted as Champions
2011/12  Blue Square Premier  1st  Promoted as Champions, FAT Runners Up

Tiverton 100 Club:

Name                Era            Apps (Sub)   Goals     Ave. Rating
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
None (yet)

Tough loss against Hinckley in the FA Trophy, but you won't be getting much sympathy from me given that kind of league season :D Brilliant work :thup:

Cheers :p

Yeah I was pretty disappointed there... especially as I missed out on it with Merthyr too, haven't won it on FM10 yet.

Edit: Thanks Holyehsauce, he really is something isn't he! Mind, the rest of the boys pulled their weight too - think we could probably have just about done it without him, but he really put the style into proceedings :)

Ba dum chssh!

Funnily enough, the only injury he's had in 2 seasons with me was a facial injury :eek: spooky

I lol'd at the news report. It was headlined: Jabuti gets facial...

In other news, I just got the manager of the month award for going 5W 0D 0L so far this season :)

Wow. 7 games into the season. 2 wins, 1 draw, 4 losses. And we crashed out to Nottingham Forest in the league cup.

Not going particularly well so far. My only real consolation is that my Keeper, despite getting a good few goals scored against him, is pulling out 7-9 performances regularly, which included 2 penalty saves against Forest.

Canvey Island

Premier League

2023/24

Premier League

My target for this season was to consolidate our position in the top four, to qualify again for the Champions League and starting raking in the cash from Europe's big table that would allow us to build the team to end Man City's domination. For the first time we had a really significant net spend, perhaps summed up by the £19.5M spent on Andrade from Flamengo. Having scored 124 goals for them in 186 games I thought he was ready for the step up, and he eventually proved that he was, just not until after I'd agreed to sell him to Milan for £20M.

We started the season very well (a week three hiccup at Aston Villa aside) and much to my surprise we largely kept up with the pacesetters. We kept going on runs of four or five wins and never lost twice in a row, though we did look for a moment in January like dropping off the pace when we suffered three defeats in five games, but after we lost 2-1 at home to Q.P.R., we went on a thirteen game unbeaten run that had us right in the mix. In the midst of that run was a 1-0 success at Man City's Power Stadium that first made me think we might be in with a chance of the title, and then when we topped the charts with five games to go after they drew with Newcastle, I started to get nervous.

An incredible come-from-behind win over Reading opened up a points gap as City drew their second consecutive game (against Tottenham) and we then beat Stoke, Newcastle and Nottingham Forest to make sure we went into the final day ahead. With a four goal lead in the goal difference column, we likely only needed a draw at Everton, but despite our best efforts at a comeback we were undone. It didn't matter, however, as Aston Villa stepped up to be our heroes, and ensuring that Canvey Island were named Premier League Champions!

League Positions Graph

Past Winners

Favoured Personnel. Finally.

League Cup

My desire for a trophy focused in the early part of the season on the League Cup. Having twice lost in the final to Man City, I was determined that we could win it and finally put some silverware in the cabinet. We took extra time to beat Blackburn before stuffing Tottenham and then coming from behind to beat Villa in the quarter final. The semi final draw was kind to us, pairing us with Sheffield United, whom we dominated in the first leg and destroyed in the second. Everton saved us from facing a third League Cup final against Man City by beating them on penalties in the semis, and their reward was to get stuffed in the final.

FA Cup

I sniffed a cup double having dispensed with Arsenal 5-2 in round five, but drawn against the might of Chelsea in the quarters, we stood no chance and went down 4-1.

Champions League

We took time to adapt to the level and eventually that came back to bite us in the ass. Defeats against Standard and Bayern in the first two weeks left us reeling before Patrick Marongiu inspired a stunning victory over Benfica. We couldn't get anything from the return game, but when we duffed up Standard on Match Day Five, we left ourselves with a chance of qualification. We battered Bayern senseless on the final day, but only enough to get a 1-1 draw, which meant not even the consolation of the Europa League as we finished bottom of the group.

Top 5 Players

5. Adam Hutchinson - He may not look all that great for a defensive midfield role, but his sixteen assists speak otherwise. A calming influence in the middle of the park able to put his foot on the ball and dictate the tempo of the game. A classy player who thoroughly deserves his call up to Euro 2024.

4. Giovanni Pasini - I have maligned Gio's aerial ability on many an occasion, but he made up for it this season, sitting behind a brilliant defence and putting in performance after performance of shot-stopping brilliance. I'll forgive the occasional dropped cross and kamikaze charge that do cost us goals for someone who can keep nineteen clean sheets in a league season. He earned his contract extension.

3. Juan Collado - Perhaps Dirk Kuijt, rather than Emile Heskey would be the better comparison for Juan, given the sheer amount of grass he covers in a game. The work horse who is often the first name on my team sheet despite not having the technical skills that others do, Juan finally got his time to shine this season. An ever present in our league campaign, weighing in with fifteen goals and a legend in our league cup success, Juan is starting to win favour in his adopted nation and is definitely amongst my 'untouchables'.

2. James Murphy - A centre back who scores thirteen goals in a season, gets voted into the World XI and doesn't get my #1 pick? Despite being utterly brilliant for most of the season, there were games in which James was goppingly awful in this campaign, and a few of those really did cost us points. For that reason he has to make do with #2 for this season, but I wouldn't for the first moment think of selling him, and if he does have the good grace to see out his career with us, he could just be the one to break the club league appearance record.

1. Patrick Marongiu - Patrick scored in fits and starts this season, but a striker who scores thirty three goals and adds ten assists, no matter how they come, has to be near the top. It was the importance of his strikes that won out for him, and not just his five haul against Benfica. He regularly popped up late on with crucial strikes or simply took the game away from the opposition early on with some utter brilliance. Having had him on loan twice before I already knew how good he could be and this season just confirmed it.

Next Season

Retaining the title will be a very tall order. Top four is a must, as is getting into the knockout stages of the Champions League. Another trophy would be nice as well, now that I've got the taste for them.

Career Overview

Season League Final Pos. Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nuneaton Town
2010/11 Blue Square North 5th Lost in play-off semi final
2011/12 Blue Square North 12th Sacked 11 games into the season

Canvey Island
2012/13 Blue Square South 10th None
2013/14 Blue Square South 4th Promoted via play-offs
2014/15 Blue Square Premier 3rd Promoted via play-offs
2015/16 League 2 8th None
2016/17 League 2 3rd Automatic Promotion
2017/18 League 1 4th Promoted via play-offs
2018/19 Championship 12th League Cup Finalists
2019/20 Championship 3rd Promoted via play-offs
2020/21 Premier League 17th Didn't get relegated
2021/22 Premier League 10th League Cup Finalists
2022/23 Premier League 3rd Qualified for Champions League
2023/24 Premier League 1st Premier League Champions
League Cup Winners

Canvey Island 100 Club

Name (Position) League Games (Overall Games); League Goals (Overall Goals); Average Rating
(Dates at club)

James Foster (ST) 215 (260); 118(135); 7.12
(2013-2019)
Jeet Padaruth (GK) 213 (243); 76 (89); 6.96
(2012-2018)
John Bostock (AMC) 196 (231); 22 (30); 7.05
(2015-2022)
Matthew Darlow (DC) 194 (232); 16 (20); 6.86
(2011-2017)
Giovanni Pasini (GK) 188 (226); 61 (74); 7.10
(2019-Present)
Kostas Tsioukas (DC) 188 (223); 27 (30); 7.14
(2014-2020)
Mark Hartmann (MC) 183 (217); 20 (31); 6.91
(2010-2017)
James Murphy (DC) 165 (200); 22 (29); 7.21
(2019-Present)
Iain Blackman (AMLC/FC) 144 (172); 31 (39); 7.01
(2016-2021)
Juan Collado (ST) 128 (168); 43 (63); 6.94
(2015-16 & 2020-Present)
Theo Angus (DL) 125 (150); 0 (2); 6.87
(2012-2018)
Joseph Owusu Tabiri (DR, MRC) 105 (130); 3 (4); 6.91
(2012-2016)
Sam Vokes (ST) 103 (127); 31 (40); 6.96
(2019-2023)
Kyle Wilson (ST) 103 (120); 36 (44); 6.96
(2013-2016)
Ismail Yakubu (DC) 102 (113); 4 (4); 7.09
(2013-2016)

Woo Turk!

Premier League Champions Finally!

Champions League next :thup:

Cheers :thup:

Came a lot quicker than I expected, only four years into the PL. I think the CL is pretty far off, to be honest, I'd just be happy with getting to the knock out stage next year.

Board have just announced another stadium expansion. Come November our capacity will be 33,414. It'll cost £11.5M, which is basically covered by my CL TV revenue from last season, so pretty happy all round right now.

Think you have to give players until the second season to adapt to a new league but at least you made your money back on him.

Usually I do, but he was spectacularly awful and was causing problems in the squad as he constantly moaned about having not settled in. I had no qualms about agreeing to sell him, I just enjoyed the irony when he then immediately started scoring.

Great job Terk, first silverware!

If Andrade was unhappy all year until you agreed to sell him, then he was happy about going to leave, him starting playing well kind of makes sense. Still annoying though ;)

Boston united season 19 2028/29

League Table , Position Graph final position - 7th

The league was a total surprise to me as I basically would have been happy with 17th. So to finsh 10 places higher and also to quualify for Europe at the first try is quite frankly amazing. We did have a fair old blip in February and March going on a six game non winning streak. However we overcame that an deventually finished 7th.

Cups

FA Cup

The FA cup was a complete and utter disaster. Going out in the 3rd round to Leicester who play in the championship. Although it was a blessing in disguise as it meant I could concentrate more on the League.

League Cup

We seem to be getting better in the Carling Cup, progressing as we have done the last few seasons. We carried on this season with a Semi Final appearance against Everton.

Transfers

Smashed the transfer fees paid twice this season. However the squad stayed basically the same with a few players brought in to help us stay up.

Star Player

The star player this season has been Jonas Bergstrand

Bergstrand made the step up to Premier League football easily. Scoring 21 goals in the league.

Awards he recieved are Top Scorer and a place in the Players Team of the Year

Key Players

Roberto Allevi Solid between the sticks all season.

Charlie Harber Made the step up to the Premier League and looked as though his whole career had been spent there.

Giancarlo Bruno My most expensive signing at £11 million. Played most games and was great down the left.

Antonis Labakis Held the record for being my biggest transfer for a couple of weeks. Young but managed to be first on the team sheet in central midfield due to his great performances.

Barry Alexander Good strong right midfielder who chipped in a few goals.

Finances

Finances have been kept high enough due to gate reciepts and also Prize money for finishing where we did.

Also the board has decided to expand the Boston United Stadium by another 5750 seats. Taking our total seats to 21500.

Season           League              Final Position               Achievments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North          7th                         none
2011/12       Blue Square North          2nd                       Promoted Via Playoffs
2012/13       Blue Square Premier        15th                        none  
2013/14       Blue Square Premier        20th                        none
2014/15       Blue Square Premier        12th                        none
2015/16       Blue Square Premier        3rd                       Lost in Playoff Final   
2016/17       Blue Square Premier        1st                       Automatic Promotion, FA Trophy
2017/18       Coca Cola League 2         2nd                       Automatic Promtion
2018/19       Coca Cola League 1         21st                      Relegated to League 2
2019/20       Coca Cola League 2         4th                       Lost in Playoff Final
2020/21       Coca Cola League 2         4th                       Promoted via Playoffs
2021/22       Coca Cola League 1         9th                         none
2022/23       Coca Cola League 1         11th                        none
2023/24       Coca Cola League 1         1st                       League 1 Champions
2024/25       Coca Cola Championship     11th                        none
2025/26       Coca Cola Championship     14th                        none
2026/27       Coca Cola Championship     5th                      Lost in Playoff Semi Finals
2027/28       Coca Cola Championship     1st                      Championship Champions 
2028/29       Premier League             7th                      Qualified for the Europa League

Other Winners

Premier League - Arsenal

FA Cup - Liverpool

Carling Cup - Chelsea

Champions League - Valencia

Europa League - Manchester City

Aims for next season

Consolidate and maybe get to the Europa League group stage.

Decided to use the FCUM save from the list.

Signed Dale Johnson, Jabuti :D, Paul Green and still need a centre back, goalie and centre midfielder. Any suggestions?

Defender: Carl Martin - He was godlike for me at FCUM for 3/4 seasons. Cost me 1k

Midfielder: Alan Power or Lloyd Kerry - These two were my partnership for my first season in the BSN and were fantastic. You should be able to get both on a free.

Goalkeeper: Michael Poke or Gary Woods - if you can get either of them, I signed these two in the BSP, but if you can get them in the BSN they'd be great!

Great season Almondo, and congratulations Terk! :D

After 8 games we are struggling and sitting in 21st with just 6 points. I haven't been able to find barely any good players to sign. I think I will go for just a flat 4-4-2 as that seems to be the tactic I have had the most success with. It looks like we will be just looking to survive relegation this season.

Archived