dafuge

dafuge's FM10 challenge

8,433 posts in this topic

2 games into the season, I'm going to risk the curse to say... I think we may be okay.

2 games. 2 wins. 10 goals. 4-0 and 6-1 to Swansea and Coventry. Bring on a recently relegated club, lets see how I fair against them. It's worth noting that Swansea came 3rd last season.

We beat Port Vale 4-0 in the League Cup 1st round, and face Swansea in the 2nd.

I think I might leave it there for tonight, and pick up again in the morning, hopefully to defeat Notts Co.

Finally getting into a dafuges now. Farnborough, played 4-Won 3-Drawn 1-Lost 0. :cool:

Danny Wright and Declan Bunting on fire!

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2041/42

This was our final year as a club who signed players, as of next year we will be moving into a new era in a new stadium where we were using only players who came through our own youth system.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We spent the whole season chasing Chelsea, then out of no where, Arsenal won it.

Community Shield - we were lucky to get away with the win here.

Carling Cup - we were pretty unlucky to lose to Man Utd.

FA Cup - it was a lucky run to the final, where we met an inferior team but came away with the win.

UEFA Champions League - the group stage looked difficult, but it turned out to work in our favour. The run to the final was surprisingly easy, but the team we met in the final was a surprise. Even with the sending off, we did enough for the win.

Transfers - big news as three of the remaining four signings were sold off for big prices.

Squad - just the one player left now, it will be interesting to see what effect it has next season.

Key Player Profiles:

Jon Punal - he was our top scorer yet again, but the time has come to say goodbye. As our last remaining signed player, his transfer will signify the start of our new era as an all-T&M squad.

Brian Jones - my big hope to fill the striker role hasn't really lived up to it. This is a big worry to me.

Geoff Bowles - he's done a decent job in filling the AMC role, which was always going to be difficult with the departure of Tom McGoldrick.

Brian Brown - he'll be the next full time captain of my club, he's been a star.

Craig Sills - one of the unsung heroes of the early days of the youth team. Selling the Spaniard was one of the best things we did.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

Next season will be the start of an exciting era, not only will we be playing in the 65779 all seater 'Dafuge Arena' but with the sale of Jon Punal, we will be doing it with an all-T&M team.

Despite the league position, this season was a massive success with the long awaited cup success. The Champions League win was huge and gives us a great platform to go into next season with.

Next up will be the World Cup with Serbia.

Good luck with the all T&M side; hope it's not too long before they bring home their first title.

Well done Dafuge, even though you came 3rd, your doing brilliant with just players used from your youth academy.

------------------------------------------------------

I should get my season done over the weekend, possibly tomorrow, but depends whether I go to a party on the night, if I go to that then I will get the season done on Sunday more than likely.

We have been in decent form lately winning 4 from our last 6 and we sit 12th in the table, as long as we get stability in the league this season, we can challenge for promotion next season.

I think there will be a lot of interest in quite a few of my players in the summer from PremierLeague teams and I may have to sell if the price is good, which could hinder our chances next year for promotion.

Truro City FC - League 2 - 2017/18

Media Prediction: 19th

Actual Position : 2nd

Lost the title on the last day, went into the trip to Oldham needing only a win to win the league, having already been promoted 2 games previous. Went 2 nil down in the first half. Was still nil all in the Northampton game. Got 1 back early in the 2nd half, and as the Northampton game stayed nil all, an equaliser would have done it. Wasn't to be however, and I've lost the title on goal difference. Promotion nonetheless, and a chance to really progress the club as surely we'll have to go beyond our 3 thousand stadium now.

League Table

FA Cup

Didn't get far enough to make any real money this year.

League Cup

From amazing to embarassing.

JP Trophy

Dud.

Transfers

Mostly invested in youth

Squad

Interested to see how this ranks in League One, hoping not to have to get rid of too many

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        8th        None
2011/12   Blue Square South        4th        PlayOff Semi-Finals
2012/13   Blue Square South        3rd        PlayOff Runner Up
2013/14   Blue Square South        1st        Blue Square South Winners
2014/15   Blue Square Premier      13th       None
2015/16   Blue Square Premier      5th        PlayOff Winners
2016/17   League 2                    13th       None
2017/18   League 2                    2nd       Runners Up/Promotion

Next Season

Staying up alone will please me

Another great update dafuge - I bet that first trophy with just the T&M boys will feel very special! You're nearly a decade ahead of my Merthyr save now, speeding ahead there :)

That would be fantastic :D But England manager right now is Paul Jewell.

Haha, thats more unrealistic than canvey in the prem surely

GL with the youth experiment dafuge :) and GJ on the promotion CSF.

10 games to go in my BSP season and we're top on 74 points, but we blew a 10 point lead at Christmas so it's touch and go.

Haha, thats more unrealistic than canvey in the prem surely

I don't know Michael Mancienne is England Manager on my save

After a shaky start and 5 losses in my first 7 games, recovered a little, 6 unbeaten and into mid-table now in November. Things are looking up.

Final game in the BSP...

1. Oxford City   +43   88pts
2. Luton         +38   88pts

Couldn't be tighter. We're playing 23rd place Kidderminster, Luton have 4th placed Oxford and ofc the goal difference advantage lies with us, so I'm a bit confident.

We won 5-0, so no problems there :D

Luton beat Oxford United 1-0, but we won the title on goal difference. Update to come :)

Nice one aero. That's how I took the championship title. goal difference

After another useless nights sleep (I'm starting to think my body won't allow me to leave FM for a night), I thought I'd get cracking with FC United again. We're now on a 5 game win streak in all comps, with 18 goals and 1 conceded. Notts County have been our toughest challenge yet. We only won 1-0.

Oxford City - 2011/2012

Blue Square Premier - Prediction: 24th // Promotion odds: 33-1 // Goal: Safe mid-table finish

Final Position: 1st - Table - Progress

The squad which took Oxford City to the Blue Square South championship remained largely intact; most arrivals were additions to our pre-existing core while the departures were the original squad I took over but had contracts still to expire.

Given this, we started the season surprisingly well. Our defence was a bit leaky but our attack was even more vicious than the previous season with Somma and Jones providing threats out wide. In the engine room, Chris Herd was brought in to accompany Mark Millar who kept his first team slot.

By midseason, we were on an massive 58 points, with an 11 point gap between us and our closest rivals. However, as the season progressed our weakness would be at the back and the magnifying glass of the second stanza would focus on that. And it burned.

We lost games we couldn't score in, and we drew games we could simply because we had to attack to survive. Injuries to Fitzharris and Herd disrupted our attacking play. We had only four clean sheets in the last 30 games!

By the final month, we trailed Luton by two points. However, by the final day we were back on top due to our collosal goal difference from the first half of the season, and victory over 23rd placed Kidderminster would suffice to see us take the title. A sound 5-0 victory meant that Luton's win over the other Oxford was irrelevant, and Oxford City took its second straight league title. With it, came the prize of the Football League.

Awards: Sean Fitzharris, Mark Millar (Blue Square Premier Player's Select); Victor Death (Manager of the Season)

FA Cup - Goal: Fourth Qualifying Round

Reached Third Round - Progress

This was a satisfying performance.

After removing Chippenham with a 5-0 win in the final Qualifying Round, we drew League One Leyton Orient at home. However, we managed to get a 1-0 victory in a well matched affair. League Two Lincoln were next, and we won quite convincingly in the end 4-1.

However, the Third Round tie was to be our final, drawing as we did Premier League Reading. A 6-0 thrashing was dished out to us, but a £200,000 windfall was nice compensation.

FA Trophy- Goal: First Round

Reached Second Round - Progress

In a way it was disappointing this coincided with our loss of defensive form as we demolished Blue Square South Bath 3-0 in the First Round, but then conceded three goals to Weston-super-Mare in a 3-2 defeat, despite dominating the game.

---

Transfers - The last of the old guard left, while new additions got us over the top of the BSP.

Finances - A lovely profit, mostly as a result of our FA Cup exploits.

Squad - Strong up front, but defence is, in a word, rubbish.

Key Players

Sean Fitzharris - Another solid season, he was our top performer and despite a big morale loss during January he finished our top performer overall.

Mark Millar - Played the playmaker role again with assistance from Chris Herd, but probably is of insufficient quality to make the step up to league football.

James Keatings - Keatings was our top goalscorer again, with 30 goals and was the second highest BSP goalscorer. Whether he makes the step up to League football is another story, especially given the performance of Duffy over the season.

Daryl Duffy - I had no real need for another striker in the summer, but when I saw his quality I had to snap him up. Would have gotten more game time if it wasn't for the Keatings/Fitzharris combo, but was lethal off the bench and in cover for Fitzharris when he succumbed to injury.

Daniel Jones - Took over from Marenghi in the left midfield role, and filled a key weakness. Certainly made a very nice contribution to the squad.

---

Season              League               Final Pos.              Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4926672&postcount=6427"]2010/11[/url]       Blue Square North             1st             Promotion (Champions)
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4938513&postcount=6570"]2011/12[/url]       Blue Square Premier           1st             Promotion (Champions)

Nice season aero. Congrats on the back to back promotions and have fun in League 2

hey a 1-0 is better than losing

Too true. Just experienced my first loss of the season, in the Carling Cup to..... Swansea :mad:

I suppose the reason I won the game in the League, was because they were missing Roque Santa Cruz!

He haunted us with 3 goals, and it was in the 94th minute that we equalised to get 3-3. The match went to pens, and it ended 3-1 :(

And we just threw a 4 goal lead away against Scunthorpe, largely due to Alan Smith :mad:

Too true. Just experienced my first loss of the season, in the Carling Cup to..... Swansea :mad:

I suppose the reason I won the game in the League, was because they were missing Roque Santa Cruz!

He haunted us with 3 goals, and it was in the 94th minute that we equalised to get 3-3. The match went to pens, and it ended 3-1 :(

And we just threw a 4 goal lead away against Scunthorpe, largely due to Alan Smith :mad:

Oh unlucky there throwing away that size lead. I get annoyed if we only throw away a 2 goal lead.

Boreham Wood - 2013/14 - BSP

Hovered around midtable until I installed the patch, and while we seemed to play worse, we got the results, and finished 4th after 46 games.

Playoff leg 1

Playoff leg 2

Playoff final

Not sure how I didn't have any CCCs in the final as the only goal was tapped into an empty net after rounding the keeper (sort of), but I don't really care. So league football comes to Borehamwood at the first time of asking.

Key players

Brett O'Kane - he won't sign a new deal so I'm considering offering him out to clubs, as he has about half of the football league interested in him.

Kyle Perry - great goal return, but the majority came before I installed 10.3.

Leon Mettam - his attributes aren't great, but a 20 for determination means I always get a good shift.

Paul Barr - can't catch a cold, but everything else is solid.

Milen Kikarin - I love guys who can play both full-back slots, and he was Mr Consistent on either flank.

Raul Garcia - getting on now, but my vice-captain was again solid as a rock.

I have Paul Bolland, Steven Schumacher and Arnaud Mendy coming in the summer on frees, so I won't be short of midfield depth and steel. Would like another striker and another keeper.

---

2010/11 - BSS - 8th

2011/12 - BSS - 8th

2012/13 - BSS - 1st (promoted as Champions)

2013/14 - BSP - 4th (promoted via playoffs)

Wow aero, we share 5 players in our Oxford City teams! Have to say, you're probably using them a damn sight more effectively...

And O'Kane departs to Premiership side Huddersfield for 500K + 50%.

The fans are unhappy with me, but I don't know how I can deny him a move to the EPL, especially given he won't sign a new deal.

Congratulations on promotion, C&C :thup: Good luck in the Football League :)

C&C sign Jabuti if you can. Hes good as a League 2 Striker and maybe even a League 1 backup.

2021/22 - Hendon - League 2

After last season's play-off misery, I hoped for a push for either automatic promotion or at least a higher league position. Achieved: None of the above.

Media Prediction: 9th

League Finish: 8th

Graph

After a shaky start, we pulled it out the back to finish a not-to-disappointing 8th place. Perhaps the worst feeling is we never really troubled for a play-off place but I hope we can next season.

Transfers

Squad

A thin squad was probably our downfall (again). I need to start buying and stop releasing where possible.

Cups

League Cup - Trashed by the Green Army.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Knocked out narrowly by a team in our league although it was probably a deserved loss.

FA Cup - So, so close to an upset against PL ('world-class') Wolves but it was snatched from our grasp in injury time.

Key Players

Jamie Callaghan - I don't want to give him a mention but kudos to him for getting the most goals for us this season, an allbeit rather disappointing total of 11.

Luca Santonicito - Captain Luca was in fine form again this season, even if his attributes are seemingly on the decline. 10 assists is a fine contribution.

Maik Esajas - Maik was by far our best player this year. 10 goals and 10 assists is a marvellous contribution and he rightly claimed Fans Player of the Year after just a season with us.

Danny Bryan - Despite apparently average attributes, he was brilliant this season, 8 goals and 11 assists showing this.

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          1st            BSN Champions
2011/12    Blue Square Premier       23rd            Relegated
2012/13    Blue Square North          1st            BSN Champions
2013/14    Blue Square Premier       15th            None
2014/15    Blue Square Premier        9th            None
2015/16    Blue Square Premier        5th            Promoted through playoffs
2016/17        League 2              18th            None
2017/18        League 2              16th            None
2018/19        League 2              10th            FA Cup run until fourth round.
2019/20        League 2              11th            None
2020/21        League 2               6th            Play-off semi-finalists
2021/22        League 2               8th            None as usual..

Finally got a chance to really sink my teeth into my Tiverton game, we're 2nd in the table after 11 games, W6 D3 L2, just one point off the top. The defense is a mess - can't remember what I did on my Merthyr save to sort it out, but we had one of the best in the BSS I remember - but luckily the strikeforce and midfield are top quality, and we're smashing in the goals.

Eight games into the new season (6W-1D-0L in league, just crushed Tonbridge on the FA Cup), and a certain Spaniard has scored 8 goals and ditched 3 assists in three games as a starter and two as a substitute, with a four-week pause for a pulled hamstring in the middle, and playing a grand total of 306 minutes of football. That's one goal scored or created every 28 minutes.

Conclusion: Jabuti is a goddamn legend <3.

wow, only 14 games in but still. Only 3 points seperates 1st-11th in L2 :D

In completely unrelated news, Banbury have just beaten Hartlepool 2-0 in the FA Cup 2nd round, after beating Doncaster 1-0 in the 1st. And they are still unplayable.

do you know what's worst than nothing seasons the fact I can't get past 29th january and it just says problem corrupt files etc....7 times now loaded it and nothing :(

maaaaaan.

do you know what's worst than nothing seasons the fact I can't get past 29th january and it just says problem corrupt files etc....7 times now loaded it and nothing :(

maaaaaan.

:eek: ouch!

Update from my Tiverton save is coming up soon :cool:

Wow aero, we share 5 players in our Oxford City teams! Have to say, you're probably using them a damn sight more effectively...

Hehe, just took a look :)

Yeah bit uncanny that, Fitzharris, Keatings and Gallacher I was aware of via my Hastings game, but Herd just popped up and was a must buy.

Frustratingly, my wage budget is only £8,250, which is totally pathetic for League 2 football. Time to mortgage the increase of club stature to keep the board happy :)

SnakeXe's Tiverton Town - Season 1 - 2010/11

Story of the Season:

After an exhaustive search for players good enough (over 350 trialled, just 15 signed), we started off encouragingly, in and around the playoff spots. Then, this happened. :mad:.

However, shortly after this I was recommended to sign a Spaniard named Jabuti by Holyehsauce, and things picked up nicely! Our home form was stupendous, the away from less so, but eventually things evened out into a very promising title challenge.

With two games left we were top by 5 points from Woking with a better goal difference. Farnborough (A) and Woking (H) were the two remaining games - victory in either or a draw in the Woking game would be enough.

Disaster struck early in the Farnborough game as we went 1-0 down having had a bright start. This seemed to knock our confidence and we played worse and worse as the game wore on. Unsurprisingly, this isn't the way to claim any points, and we lost.

Luckily, Woking drew, so we won the BSS title with a game to spare!

This only left the dead rubber against Woking - I was keen to win just to prove we deserved the title, and the lads did me proud with a 2-0 win.

Jabuti took home various awards, as did I, so an all-round awesome season was had by all.

Next Season:

With the quality at my disposal I have to aim for the playoffs - provided I can sort out all the gaping holes in my squad of course! A cup run would be nice to sort out the finances too.

5 Most Important Players:

5. Stacy Thripp D/WBL - Solid presence at the back

4. Kevin Little AMRLC - Played on the right wing for us and produced some great goals and assists

3. Craig Gray AML - Did the same as Little did on the other flank, but to a slightly better standard

2. Ethan Mannion ST - On-loan from Cardiff, a great foil for the man at number 1 on this list, chipped in with his fair share of goals too

1. Jabuti FC - I don't think I need to say much about this guy except that all the hype about him on this thread was very much justified

At a Glance:

Blue Square South - 1st, Promoted as Champions

FA Cup - 2nd Qualifying Round Replay (lost v Leamington)

FA Trophy - 3rd Qualifying Round (lost v Weymouth)

Transfers - Broke even

History:

Season   League               Pos  Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  Blue Square South    1st  Promoted as Champions

Tiverton 100 Club:

Name                Era            Apps (Sub)   Goals     Ave. Rating
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
None (yet)

PS: What do you think of the new layout compared to the one I used for Merthyr? Also, I hope Terk doesn't mind me borrowing his 100 club idea - it's a good'un :)

Jabuti will be in your 100 club sooner or later. Hes good until League 1 ^_^

I like the layout, keep it.

I hope Terk doesn't mind me borrowing his 100 club idea - it's a good'un :)

Don't mind in the slightest. Just find it a good way to keep track of the players who have really contributed to the club. I'm looking forward to the day when I have my first Canvey Island youth product join the 100 Club, but that day is a good while off yet. And I like the new format :thup:

And getting promoted as champions is not a bad start to your time at Tiverton :D

Don't mind in the slightest. Just find it a good way to keep track of the players who have really contributed to the club. I'm looking forward to the day when I have my first Canvey Island youth product join the 100 Club, but that day is a good while off yet. And I like the new format :thup:

And getting promoted as champions is not a bad start to your time at Tiverton :D

Cheers man :thup:

Yeah I thought it'd be good to have a way of remembering all the guys from back in the lower-league days, as they don't seem to hold up well on the Best XIs. I had a couple of guys in my Merthyr save who were awesome back in the early days, but no record of them at all now :(

Edit: Cheers TPF!

FC United - Coca Cola League Two - Season 2013/2014

League:

Well I will keep it short because it wasn't that interesting to be honest. We rarely put any runs together until the end of the season but in the end it was just too late to make any sort of challenge for top 10 or play-off's. There was soo much inconsistancy throughout the season, good results followed by bad results. I guess it was a good season considering two back to back promotions but still fustrating because we have the potential to be better.

League Table

Squad:

5. Dany N'Guessan -Another signing in his first season on the right hand-side, did a good job, scored and created a fair few goals.

4. Richard Keogh - Solid first season and hopefully he can build on it.

3. Izale McLeod - Our top scorer, he had a good season without being special but with not that many positives, I suppose this one is!

2. Ashley Coleman - Big signing in the summer and this young defender had a really good debut season for us. He'll hopefully keep improving and will play a big part in the future of this club.

1. Anthony McNamee - Great season. His pace, trickery and delivery from the left caused problems for all defences in League two. The only worry is his age and how long he's got left in him for his type of player. Hopefully we can still get another good 2 years from him though!

Finances....

Transfers....

Season           League                Final Pos.         Achievements.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11      Blue Square North            7th              Nothing
2011/12      Blue Square North            2nd              Play-off winners.
2012/13      Blue Square Premier          2nd              Play-off winners.
2013/14      Coca Cola League Two         16th             Nothing

1. Anthony McNamee - Great season. His pace' date=' trickery and delivery from the left caused problems for all defences in League two. The only worry is his age and how long he's got left in him for his type of player. Hopefully we can still get another good 2 years from him though![/quote']

Starting to worry about someone's age when they're 29. Who are you, Arsène Wenger? :p

A good solid season after two straight promotions :thup:

Starting to worry about someone's age when they're 29. Who are you, Arsène Wenger? :p

A good solid season after two straight promotions :thup:

Well it's the fact he's a winger and yes, I don't like anyone usually over 30!

If he was a central midfielder, I don't think i'd have too many problems but I just hope he don't lose his pace anytime soon!

Hopefully can push higher next season.

Nice season there Snake.

Cheers :)

Good update TPF, a season of consolidation isn't such a bad thing every once in a while :thup:

Quick update from me since I haven't posted in a while:

Notts Co. brought some much needed money for us to the value of £1.3m, though my keeper and star striker went the other way...

Also, I've just gone out of all the domestic cups this season; and all of my draws have been away to teams in higher divisions (and ones in high placings as well) :rolleyes:. I know it's not asking much but I would like a home cup tie at some point in the near future, rather than having to travel to games I know we won't do well in....

Oh, and the league is going along nicely, though I do miss the insane amount of goals...

Finally, good luck cookie. :thup: Looking for any team in particular?

Just started a new game with Kendal Town! Wish me luck, even though I won't need it because I have God (Jabuti) on my side.

Good luck, Holyehsauce :thup: I wish I'd fond Jabuti when I was down in the BSS.

Looks like my FA Cup run will end at the quarter finals this season. Just been drawn away against Chelsea, who are 24 games unbeaten in the competition, a record stretching back just over four years now. And they still haven't even conceded a goal in it for over three years.