dafuge

dafuge's FM10 challenge

8,433 posts in this topic

Well im holidaying AGAIN!!!. It must be something to do with Dartford having a white kit. I didn't enjoy watching their matches as it kind of hurt my eyes.So will be changing team once again.

Why don't you check the save thread, see if there's a team there that interest you?

The worst one is the Boston away kit if you're playing a team that plays in yellow - it's black and dark gray - almost impossible to read.

I am interested in FC United of Manchester and will try and load them up myself, however I may take up your offer if it takes ages for them to come up.

We are in very real danger of completely embarrassing ourselves in the CL. Having lost 2-0 in Liège in our first game, we just got a 3-0 hiding from Bayern in our second game. There's no problem with our league form so far this season (6 wins, 1 defeat, top of the table) but we just don't seem able to make that step up to CL level.

This season I've stuck with 4-4-2 with one deep-lying forward set to "Attack" and a Trequarista, so far my side has banged in 22 in 9 games in the league.

Gah knew I was tempting fate - following this post I played Bedford (a team of greys) at home in the 4th Qualifying round of the Cup.

Match Stats

Shots 25 Them 3

On Target 8 Them 2

Hit Woodwork 2 (both in the last five minutes) Them 0

CCC 6 Them 1

And the final score was ...... 1-1.

In the replay

Shots 15 Them 10

On Target 6 Them 4

CCC 2 Them 0

Fouls 17 (7 yellows 2 for one player) Them 15 (2 yellows)

Final score 2-2 .................... on penalties 3-1 to me.

Gypsum's Merthyr Tydfil - End of season update - BSS 2010/11

Blue Square South - League table - Positions graph

Media prediction - 18th

Final position - 11th

We started off with indifferent form and soon began to struggle, but a change in tactics and some new signings around Christmas reinvigorated the squad and saw us finish in a comfortable 11th place.

Squad info;

Squad selection info

Transfers

Key players;

Ashley Watson - AML - Joined us on a free transfer around half-way through the season and soon established himself as a star player. His explosive runs down the left wing and a contribution of 7 goals, 3 assists and a 7.18 rating were a key part of our improvement in the second half of the season and helped earn him 4 MoM awards.

Martin Camano - DC - Spotted by our scouts after leaving Irish club Sligo Rovers on a free, Camano joined us part way through the season and helped bolster our back line. His heading prowess and strength were especially useful for us, and he ended the season with 4 MoM awards.

Wayne Andrews - ST - The experienced striker was at the club when I joined, and was an integral part of the squad with his early season form. Despite his age seeing his athletic attributes decline, he still managed to score 13 goals to finish Merthyr's top scorer.

Season           League            Position              Other achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11           BSS                11th                        

Sutton United - 2010/11 - Blue Square South

Media prediction: 15th

Final position: 2nd

Final league table

Past positions graph

A great season that ended in bitter disappointment. After struggling a bit at first while the new signings settled down, we started chaining good results and quickly climbed up into the playoff positions. Leaders and eventual winners Newport run away quickly and looked unstoppable all the way until the end, so we settled with fighting for the best possible place in the playoffs. We got it in the end, despite two patches of bad form in January and March that saw us drop to 6th place twice. We secured the playoff spot three weeks before the end, and despite earning only two points of the last nine, we managed to hold onto the second place ahead of Woking.

The playoff semifinals paired us against Eastleigh, and we made quick work of them in the first leg, defeating them handily 0-3 at their stadium. The second leg was a mere formality, and we defeated them easily again, 2-0 this time, for a 5-0 win on aggregate. On the other semifinal Woking defeated Havant & Waterlooville 6-4 on aggregate, and we went to the Kassam Stadium confident of earning our place in the Blue Square Premier.

It wasn't to be. We happened to play our worst first half of the whole season, including the cup game against Bristol City. Woking dominated us completely and scored two early goals that were too much for us to recover from. We improved dramatically in the second half and enjoyed chances to get back into the game, but it just wasn't our day. The 2-0 score remained unchanged until full time, and we'll have to spend another season in the Blue Square South. Sad panda.

Now we may face a problem. Our wages are a bit (where by "a bit" I mean "20%") above the €3,2k/week budget, so we may have to do some summer clean up to stay healthy. On the other hand, a takeover was completed in February, and the €275k injected by the new board will keep us running at least until the end of the year, probably further.

---

FA Cup - A great run in the "big" cup for a club of our current stature. The draws were kind with us in the qualifying rounds, first giving us the chance to defeat local rivals Carshalton at their stadium (0-1), then pairing us with lowly Leyton at home (2-1). The 4th qualifying round was tougher, and Hastings, placed last in the BSS, took us all the way to the penalties. We then proceeded to crush Farnborough in the 1st round (4-0) and shocked League 2 Northampton in the 2nd round (1-0), before being destroyed by Bristol City in the 3rd round (0-8), mostly thanks to having our goalkeeper sent off with no substitutions left.

FA Trophy - Not much to report here. The 3rd qualifying round paired us away against Havant & Waterlooville, who eventually finished 4th in the BSS, and we fell 3-2 in a tightly contested game.

---

Players

Transfers

Props

- Jabuti: What can I say. Thirty-nine goals in all competitions should speak for themselves. What they don't say is the total dominance the Spanish forward enjoyed over most defenses at this level. It was like watching an in-form Michael Owen wreaking havoc on some amateur side. Most dominant player I've ever had the pleasure to play with. Too bad he disappeared in the playoff final, though. BSS's Top Goalscorer and Player of the Year awards, of course, and his 35 league goals were a new competition record.

- John Marquis: Jabuti's most frequent companion on the forward line, Marquis came on loan from Millwall for three months, impressed, stayed for the rest of the season, and I'm more than willing to bring him back next year. He did what a target man has to do: bring down the ball, assist other attackers, and score from time to time. If his headers went on target more frequently than they do, he'd be the perfect target man for this level. He was in the shortlist for the Player of the Year award.

- Thomas Fowler: Surprisingly, the original Sutton United squad had some useful players. Fowler was one of them, and soon became our most consistent performer on the midfield. Used as both a ballstealer and a playmaker, he did well in both positions, and even covered from time to time on the left wing. He led the team in assists, and we missed him sorely in the playoff final, which he missed due to a sprained ankle sustained against Eastleigh.

- David Gilroy: Haven't checked, but Gilroy's likely to be our top scorer per minutes played. Generally used as a backup for either Marquis or Jabuti, he became our second best goalscorer, although he lost his touch a bit towards the end of the season. Still, a quite decent performance.

- Ben Greenhalgh: Oh, the hype :p. Nah, seriously, Greenhalgh was good. He wasn't the star, but then again, having Jabuti at your side tends to overshadow almost everything else. He did well on both wings, and although his numbers weren't spectacular, he did a solid job and slowly but steadily became a sure starter. Being so young is a plus, of course, and we'll be sure to try and hang onto him for the future.

---

Next season's goals

Win the friggin' league. Anything less would be a disappointment.

Career so far

[font=Courier New]Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        2nd         Lost in Playoff final[/font]

after nearly an hour and a half of reloading I finally have FC United of Manchester. So here is my profile. Let this be the last time I start this Challenge otherwise let my game become corrupted and unplayable.

Ben Greenhalgh: Oh, the hype :p. Nah, seriously, Greenhalgh was good. He wasn't the star, but then again, having Jabuti at your side tends to overshadow almost everything else. He did well on both wings, and although his numbers weren't spectacular, he did a solid job and slowly but steadily became a sure starter. Being so young is a plus, of course, and we'll be sure to try and hang onto him for the future.

I have nothing to do with this hype :rolleyes:

Definitely keep a hold of him, into League One with him now and he still pulls out frequent Man of The Match performances. He's now a part of my lethal front three. I aim to take him into the Premier League with me. He can be my George Elekobi.

Hmm, not going through a good patch right now. Had to send my £20M Brazilian striker on a one month leave of absence in the hope that it makes him something other than the pathetic waste of money that he looks right now. That leaves me with four strikers on the books (I play a 4-3-3) so no room for injury. And James Murphy just picked up a knee ligament injury which will keep him out for two months. Oh, and our next game is against Benfica in the CL and I'm expecting them to knock seven shades of **** out of us.

Good first season with Sutton, Dalbeider. Another one like that and you'll be almost mediocre :p

And the honour of scoring Canvey's first (and second, third, fourth and fifth) ever Champions League goal goes to........

Patrick Marongiu. You could say he had a good night.

Just realised that after my first full season we've just had our first penalty, in a pre-season friendly against Slough. It's notable because my penalty taker is my first choice goalkeeper, and the first penalty we get I have already subbed him off! The wait continues!

No, no, no! Best chance I have of winning the BSP and I realise that Farsley have been taken over by a tycoon - Simon Clifford is their manager, they're worth 6 million squids, and have signed some unreal players. They've lost 1, drawn 0 in ten.

...and it turned out my next home game was against them! Brilliantly determined performance from my team, by bruiser of a DM kicking off proceedings with a bullet from 25 yards. 3-1 it ended, awesome result.

And the honour of scoring Canvey's first (and second, third, fourth and fifth) ever Champions League goal goes to........

Patrick Marongiu. You could say he had a good night.

You could also say the commentator didn't.

You could also say the commentator didn't.

Time for the :confused: face.

Time for the :confused: face.

Marongiu isn't your typical easy name to pronounce and the fact he scored 5.... don't matter. I'm un-cool and will go back to my large stone to hide under and not come out!

Marongiu isn't your typical easy name to pronounce and the fact he scored 5.... don't matter. I'm un-cool and will go back to my large stone to hide under and not come out!

I get you now. I thought you meant I'd spelt his name wrong or something :D

Continuing scores that would never happen in real life, Celtic just tonked Roma 6-1 with their Scottish international 'Roberto' scoring 4.

I get you now. I thought you meant I'd spelt his name wrong or something :D

Continuing scores that would never happen in real life, Celtic just tonked Roma 6-1 with their Scottish international 'Roberto' scoring 4.

Scotland's only chance of success that. Smuggling Brazilians into the country from a young age :p

I have to quote Midgetram for what he just said about my new Coach on msn!

Me - "Just got Jonathan Woodgate in as a coach"

Ram - "Nice, what's his physio rating?"

Me - "One"

Ram - "Odd, since he spent a lot of time there"

Pure gold.

Scotland's only chance of success that. Smuggling Brazilians into the country from a young age :p

I have a Scottish defensive midfielder called Diogo who they've smuggled in from Cape Verde.

Spot on. Born in Rio, joined Celtic at 21, international debut five years later, now has 25 caps and 15 goals. Might actually help Scotland finally reach a major tournament though, they've got a play-off for Euro 2024 coming up soon.

Oh, and my Spanish striker is looking to try and get capped for England now. Could make an all Spanish strike partnership for English, alongside César, who played for QPR for six years, with Gianmarco Zigoni on the bench.

Canvey Island 2012/13 Report - BSP

goals, debts and careless defeats

After dominating the BSS last season, I was confident in the quality of the squad; which was surprisingly supported by the bookmakers, although my media prediciton was once again to finish dead stone last...

League - Positions -

Another great start for the season, 8 wins and 1 draw from the first 9 games, was brought to a crashing halt to an unispiring display at recently-relegated Tranmere, luckily only finishing in a 3-1 defeat. Though defeats, however, were to be the exception rather than the norm as our form of big scoring wins continued this season; 5-0 away to Stevenage, 8-1 at home to Weymouth, 7-0 at home to Fleetwood and 6-0 to Kidderminster.

Strangely though, amongst these performances we had an immense capability for not turning up at all, 2-0 home defeat to rivals Grays along with 2-1 and 3-2 defeats at Barrow and Hayes & Yeading respectively.

Despite this, we were still up there with Cambridge so that a 1-0 victory over them in March gave us the lead that we never surrended again for the rest of the season, helped massively by their failure to get a victory in their next 4 games afterwards. :rolleyes: Note the huge amount of goals once again, and a +100 GD :eek:

Cups

FA Cup

4th quali rd - Canvey Island 5-0 Bedford

1st rd - Canvey Island 1-0 AFC Wimbledon

2nd rd - Canvey Island 3-3 Rochdale

2nd rd rep - Rochdale 1p-1 Canvey Island

Beford game was a doddle, AFC wasn't so easy, but Rochdale was almost the most annoying game I think I've had in a long time. We really should have won the home time, though our injury time equaliser may have been offside, but to lose on penalties in the replay was harsh... especially as the prize for winning it was a tie away to Man City :(

FA Trophy

1st rd - Grays 2-1 Canvey Island

Utterly, utterly, utterly, utterly dire peformance. 6 of our shots came in the last 10 minutes when we decided to try and save the game, but to no avail.

Squad (1)(2) Again I can't actually recall using every person in my squad, but then again it isn't the biggest squad in the world. Thought I would show Nick Blackman's stats, since he left after only 6 months. Still not a bad strike rate...

Millward's Player Choice Award (basically who I think deserves our Player of the Season before the Fan's vote...)

2010/11 - Luke Thurlbourne

2011/12 - Chris Todd

2012/13 - Scott Smith (1)(2) - Only games he missed were due to clashes with England U-20/U-21 games, yes he's that good and no I have no idea why he decided to join us, and was solid all season long. His goal wasn't all that special, a penalty in one of the routs of Weymouth.

Transfers - No money spent but 2 strikers sold for money. Didn't do too badly with Blackman did I? :cool:

Finances - Don't let the season profit figure fool you. We gained 170k through transfer dealings and had not one, not two but three cash injections from the board. Could really have done with the City tie....

Confidence - Back-to-back promotions keep my status as 'Untouchable', though i think it would be lower if the bank balance was included. Don't understand how they consider my wages good when they are the largest expenses in our free-falling finances...

History

2010/11 - BSS: 3rd, defeat in playoff semi-finals

2011/12 - BSS: 1st

2012/13 - BSP: 1st

The Trophy Cabinet

Blue Square South - 2011/12

Blue Square Premier - 2012/13

An average season then, midgetram :D Good to see that someone can actually win a trophy or two with Canvey. Our cupboard is still bare.

And comedy gold on the Woodgate comment, by the way :thup:

An average season then, midgetram :D Good to see that someone can actually win a trophy or two with Canvey. Our cupboard is still bare.

And comedy gold on the Woodgate comment, by the way :thup:

Tbh, I'm not expecting the same next season. I really need to cut my wage budget in order to stop the debts piling up again, but everyone gets a 25% pay rise for promotion, so I'm probably going to sell before I buy in the summer. :rolleyes:

Midgetram - Take this in a positive way. Your a freak of a manager. :D 140 goals...Jesus.

Benfica v Canvey, we lead 1-0 after 80 minutes and lose 2-1

Canvey v Man City, we lead 1-0 after 80 minutes and lose 2-1

My squad just isn't able to deal with any sort of fixture congestion. Yet again I failed to address the squad size over the summer, not making sure that we had enough players under 21 (who don't need to be registered). If we have a few injuries at any one time then we have the potential to fall apart. Luckily there's an international break now.

Benfica v Canvey, we lead 1-0 after 80 minutes and lose 2-1

Canvey v Man City, we lead 1-0 after 80 minutes and lose 2-1

My squad just isn't able to deal with any sort of fixture congestion. Yet again I failed to address the squad size over the summer, not making sure that we had enough players under 21 (who don't need to be registered). If we have a few injuries at any one time then we have the potential to fall apart. Luckily there's an international break now.

Come on Rafa, sort it out!

Unlucky on the losses though, hard to take!

Come on Rafa' date=' sort it out!

Unlucky on the losses though, hard to take![/quote']

:D

It's actually the other way round than I said it a a minute ago. I have six players who I could play without being registered, but I've given five of them squad numbers because I have only 19 over players who are over 21. *****ing £20M on a Brazilian who has so far been **** was perhaps not the best of ideas.

where do u download extra fm2010 leagues form?

An odd thread in which to ask such a question, but you want to head over to the editors forum. There's a thread in there with a whole bunch of extra leagues that have been created.

I'm sure he will come good eventually, saying that, there isn't many South American strikers success story's in England bar Tevez and Santa Cruz for one season!

It won't be long until success comes your way. Anyway, time to load up for the start of league two. 3 back to back promotions? I think not too.

Only teams I seem to be getting in the bsn on 10.3 are Nuneaton and Boston.

Really want to get properly into this challenge now.

Only teams I seem to be getting in the bsn on 10.3 are Nuneaton and Boston.

Really want to get properly into this challenge now.

Have a look at the 10.3 saves thread, might find something in there you like?

FC United of Manchester - League One 2014/15

Same old United

Transfers (1)(2) -

Once again, I'm going to let our Chart and Table do the talking

Position Chart

Table

FA Cup

Crashed out 4-0 to Aston Villa in the 3rd round.

Squad

It changed again so much this year that it’s pointless posting a screenshot, as my transfers show

The Millward Player Choice Award (Manager's Player of the Year)

Lateef Elford-Alliyu - With 27 goals in 39 games, it seemed almost obvious that he would get the award. Great season from the striker.

The Jordan Swinburn Award (The Surprise of the Season award)

Our League win. Enough said.

Fan's Player of the Year

Ben Greenhalgh

League One Manager of the Year

Jordan Swinburn

Confidence

Finances

So after another good season, capped off by this, it's in to the Championship we go. Survival is all I want.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North         5th              Promoted - Playoffs
2011/12        Blue Square Premier       15th
2012/13        Blue Square Premier       1st              Promoted - Champions
2013/14        League Two                6th              Promoted – Playoffs
2014/15	       League One		 1st		  Promoted - Champions

Holy ****, Jordan :eek: That's some mid season climb. Three straight promotions is an incredible achievement as well :thup:

Damn Jordan what happened there. that's some climb up the table. Congrats on the Promotion and 3 straight promotions :thup:

Just going back to the subject of players switching nationalities for a moment, the most recent England side in my game contained the following players:

Starting: Francisco Carrasco (Spanish); Roy Tran (Belgian); Félix Galán (Spanish); Juan Collado (Spanish); Ruben Paoletti (Italian)

Subs: César (Spanish); Andrea Pavan (Italian); David Pérez (Spanish)

I know I'm talking about a game in which Canvey Island are in the Champions League, so all sense of realism is already out of the window, but eight players did seem a bit excessive.

Now the real irony would be if you said Martin O'Neill was manager of England, promoting his use of English players and all. :cool:

That would be fantastic :D But England manager right now is Paul Jewell.

Well done Jordan and that is abit excessive. Indeed, Martin O'Neill would be tearing his hair out right now at the site of that.

What I wonder is how eight players good enough to play for England weren't good enough to be picked by their respective nations before they gained English nationality. Maybe national managers have a certain bias towards players playing in the local leagues, and anyone who isn't a world top 10 player and moves abroad is almost always forgotten back at home...

Oh well, back to reality. Signing players for Sutton is still a pain in the rearside. I've had at least six different decent (but not exactly awesome, after all they did want to come to Sutton!) full backs poached by League 1 and League 2 squads, where they'll probably rot in the reserves forever and ever. Sigh.

What I wonder is how eight players good enough to play for England weren't good enough to be picked by their respective nations before they gained English nationality. Maybe national managers have a certain bias towards players playing in the local leagues, and anyone who isn't a world top 10 player and moves abroad is almost always forgotten back at home...

I can only assume that's the case. Certainly Carrasco and César look better than options currently available in the Spain squad. Delighted for Collado that he got his first cap though. I took him on loan for a season in League 2, picked him up again when Liverpool released him on a free and he's been with us four years now. He's not a poacher, hasn't even got ten goals in a Premier League season yet, but he brings others into the game brilliantly. Scored 2 on his England début as well, and he's originally a Barca boy.

I guess you could say that Collado is my Emile Heskey. No one else can understand why I pick him but I have an unshakable belief that he's good for the team.

Oooh, Champions League tightness. Going into the last round of fixtures (a couple of weeks away yet, just played round 5), the table is:

1. Benfica  9pts
2. Standard 9pts
3. Bayern   6pts
4. Canvey   6pts

The last fixtures are,

Bayern v Canvey

Standard v Benfica

If it's a draw between Standard and Benfica then we're screwed, but a win over Bayern would still put us into the Europa League. If there is a winner between Standard and Benfica then a win would put us through to the CL knockout rounds as our aggregate scores against them are in our favour (Canvey 3-2 Standard and Canvey 6-3 Benfica).

Ouch. I've just smashed Boston United's transfer record by signing a player for £11 million. It's the 2nd time this season after spending £6 million earlier on.

Good luck Terk, hope you get through :thup:

Started off the Championship season with a bang. 4-0 win against Swansea. Antonio scored in the first minute, then Daniel got injured in the 10th, then Etuhu got a double in 2 minutes, with goals on 15 and 16. German Pacheco capped off our win in the 57th minute with his goal, followed by a Maduro injury. Luckily, Daniel and Maduro are back in a day or two :)