dafuge's FM10 challenge

If you don't comes 1st in the 1st season then I'll be surprised :p

Well 6 games played and the form is DWLWWW, second in the table. Looking good for a playoff challenge at the moment, depends how well the squad performs when I have a few injuries. Certainly can't complain so far :)

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well 6 games played and the form is DWLWWW, second in the table. Looking good for a playoff challenge at the moment, depends how well the squad performs when I have a few injuries. Certainly can't complain so far :)

2 games in with Boston Utd now.

Just beat the favourites Chester 4-1 for our second win..

2 games in with Boston Utd now.

Just beat the favourites Chester 4-1 for our second win..

Nice going :thup:

I'm getting ever more concerned by our financial situation. Last month the board injected 25k into our balance, and we still made a 20k loss :eek:

They've just gave me a 40k injection, where on earth they're getting the money from I don't know :rolleyes:, and I'm on target to make a 10k loss even with this money :( I used to be extremely tight with finances on 09 so I don't know what I'm doing wrong this time around...

On patch 10.3, does anyone else only ever get the same teams, but alternating on each reload?

I always get either Bradford and Boston, and Nuneaton in the BSN. I take it this shouldnt be the case every time, they could FC United of Manchester in there at least once out of 20 tries...

Also, shouldn't there be two teams that come up from the northern league into the Blue Square North? There is only one on the game

(I'm using the 24th June save from the thread posted earlier with the ddt file added)

Any help much appreciated

Standard 4-4-2 which had worked perfectly well for the previous 8 games :confused: ridiculous result

Yeh.. Maybe all your players were on their periods or something.

That is ridiculous.

Oh and by a matter of interest did you sign Jabuti? He's done wonders for me so far :thup:

On patch 10.3, does anyone else only ever get the same teams, but alternating on each reload?

I always get either Bradford and Boston, and Nuneaton in the BSN. I take it this shouldnt be the case every time, they could FC United of Manchester in there at least once out of 20 tries...

Also, shouldn't there be two teams that come up from the northern league into the Blue Square North? There is only one on the game

(I'm using the 24th June save from the thread posted earlier with the ddt file added)

Any help much appreciated

You'll nearly ALWAYS get Nuneaton, took my ages to get teams like FCUM and Retford.

Check if who you want are on my thread?

Saves Thread

Well after nearly three seasons in charge of AFC Hornchurch I have dragged them kicking and screaming into the BSS play-offs. It was a ridiculously close league I could've finished ninth or second with two games to go (I finished second) and am about to play Chelmsford in the semi-finals. Eeep.

Thx Terk & SnakeXe! Very curious on what kind of players I can get with my rep. Hope that I can get Guiseley to be my parrent team for a couple of season. That would be awesome.

Will update my last 2 seasons with Guiseley tomorrow aswell..

AFC Hornchurch Update (Season Three 2012-2013)

Media Prediction: 13th

Final Standing: 2nd (Promoted via Play-offs)

Promised Board: Respectable League Position

FA Trophy: 2nd Round

FA Cup: 1st Round

My Final Opinion: The season we cracked it.

I checked just now and my last season update was 14/11. There have been many reasons for this none more so than my desire to see 10.3 and play the challenge on the final patch and what a season it turned out to be. When I took my hiatus it was in January (in the game) and the team had enjoyed a solid start to the season. We started poorly but were floating around the top ten when I decided to give it a rest. We'd also gone further than ever before in the FA cup as Hornchurch arrived into the national conciousness with a journey to the first round proper (where were we roundly thumped by Mansfiled 6-0) and made it to the second round of the FA trophy against Salisbury of the BSP.

When I started playing again after installing 10.3 things started to go poorly. We lost to Salisubury and then went on the clubs worst run of games without a win in my tenure. It was at that point that I was about ready to rip this squad apart and rebuild from the ground up for next season, but then amazing things started to happen. We started to win and win well and the best thing was that Harry Crawford who had spent the first half of the season being maddeningly inconsistent found the richest vein of form ever and didn't stop scoring until the end of the season. Suddenly the play-offs were on again and there was even a point where automatic promotion was a possibilty. Coming into the last game of the season I was playing Bishops Stortford at home who were also hunting a play-off place and were on a better run of form than I was. Due to other results the winners would finish in the play-offs and the losers would finish in the worst position in the league 6th. As it was we squeaked through and finished second in the league. The graph shows what a dip I had and what I rally I had too!

Hornchurch Graph

Final BSS table

So onto the play-offs. We went to Chelmsford on in the first leg and came away with a good 2-1 win. All set up for us to cruise through at home except by half-time of the second leg we were 2-0 down and facing up to our fourth season in the BSS. A half-time rocket however soon sorted them out and we won the game 3-2 and the tie 5-3 to set up a match up with Eastbourne. A tight first half that ended 2-1 to us became 5-1 and then 5-3 in the second half but we held out to take Hornchurch that one step closer to League football and for this local lad that's a hell of an achievement.

Needless to say my player of the season was Harry Crawford as his goals proved invaluable, however an extreme honourable mention goes to this young 17 year old right back who not only finished the season as my highest rating player but also deposed the club captain because he was playing so well. I'm expecting big things of him next year.

Other screenies for you now:

Hornchurch Squad

Transfers

The worst thing is that all of my money buys turned out to be rubbish including Krause who had a stinker of a season. I'm hoping if he settles he'll be solid next year, but I need to get better at buying that is for sure.

Aims for Next season:

Well I finally have achieved promotion but I still think my hunch during our slump was right and I've got a bit of deadwood to clear out. I have the spine of a good side having added Grant Basey to my back line. I have two excellent young midfielders in Reed and Sherriff who should be able to make the step up and Harry has the ability to get goals but the squad will definitely need strengthening. A goalie, a centre back, a centre mid and someone to play alongside Harry are the top priorities. Oh and I need to make money obviously so a cup run would be nice. Survival and rebuilding are now the key aims if I'm gonna take Hornchurch to the next level.

AFC Hornchurch

Season 1 (2010-2011); BSS 16th; FA Cup 3QFR; FA Trophy 1st RD

Season 2 (2011-2012); BSS 9th; FA Cup 2QFR; FA Trophy 1st RD

Season 3 (2012-2013); BSS 2nd (promoted via play-offs); FA Cup 1st RD; Fa Trophy 2nd RD

Oh and by a matter of interest did you sign Jabuti? He's done wonders for me so far :thup:

I had not, but I've just offered him a trial on your recommendation :)

Edit: Signed him up as he looked good, won a penalty (which my clownish defender missed) then scored on his debut - thanks a lot!

Jabuti is insane. He's scored 37 in 34(5) apps for me so far, and has singlehandedly brought my Sutton Utd team to the playoffs in my first season. Against the BSS defenders he looks like Ronaldo (the good, Brazilian, sometimes fat one), running between, around and ahead of them as he pleases. Fantastic player.

Ha! Had my first ever run in with the home-grown players rule. Since so much of 'good' squad were either under-20 or Scottish, we ended up with only 3 "home grown" players to start the season and you need 4 to play a game, so we had to go with 4 subs only for our first few games.

Luckily we're up to five now as we brough in a couple of "vets" (22-25 years old heh) but still an amusing side effect of having a squad with an average age of 20.

Okay it's the final game of the Championship and both automatic promotion spots are taken and decided already with Boston United and Ipswich playing Premier League Football next season. Both teams are on 86 points so it all comes down to this.

In my second season with Boston, in the 1st season my "Other" costs were £39k, in my second season by September they're already at £38k. I haven't gone up a division - does anyone have any idea why they've suddenly rocketed?

Boston united season 18 2027/28

League Table , final position - 1st - Champions

Well what can I say about this season. We were only expected to be a top half make weight by the media and the bookies although I had the feeling that the youngish squad had the quality to make a real playoff push. To be honest I would have been perfectly happy with a playoff place but the way the season went surprised me with us being top 2 or 3 from the off really. The real tense part of the season was the final couple of games where the title was at stake. All we needed to do was match Ipswich's result on the final day and we'd be champions. The problem was we were away at Leicester while Ipswich had a home game which the won 4-1. However the players really seeemed up for the game and we won comfortably 3-1 giving us the title. Also with us moving to a new stadium in time for the new season We give York St the send off it deserves.

Cups

A quarter final appearance in the League Cup. With us putting out holders Leeds in the 4th round. We also saw the 5th round of the FA Cup before going out to Man City

FA Cup Went out in the 5th Round to Man City

League Cup A Quarter Final saw us go out to West Ham

Transfers

Star Player

The star player this season has been Charlie Harber Harber has been fantastic once again this season. Putting in some great performances in the centre of defence.

Key Players

David Pusztai Picked up free and proved to be a great pick up.

Rafal SochaOnce again solid at right back.

Jonas Bergstrand The third of my main 3 strikers saw a lot of game time scoring 14 goals in the league.

Milen Vladimirov Another good season for the Veteran Bulgarian.

Aiden CampbellThe Irish Wizard was top scorer this season

Finances

I was also given Manager of the Year

Season           League              Final Position               Achievments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North          7th                         none
2011/12       Blue Square North          2nd                       Promoted Via Playoffs
2012/13       Blue Square Premier        15th                        none  
2013/14       Blue Square Premier        20th                        none
2014/15       Blue Square Premier        12th                        none
2015/16       Blue Square Premier        3rd                       Lost in Playoff Final   
2016/17       Blue Square Premier        1st                       Automatic Promotion, FA Trophy
2017/18       Coca Cola League 2         2nd                       Automatic Promtion
2018/19       Coca Cola League 1         21st                      Relegated to League 2
2019/20       Coca Cola League 2         4th                       Lost in Playoff Final
2020/21       Coca Cola League 2         4th                       Promoted via Playoffs
2021/22       Coca Cola League 1         9th                         none
2022/23       Coca Cola League 1         11th                        none
2023/24       Coca Cola League 1         1st                       League 1 Champions
2024/25       Coca Cola Championship     11th                        none
2025/26       Coca Cola Championship     14th                        none
2026/27       Coca Cola Championship     5th                      Lost in Playoff Semi Finals
2027/28       Coca Cola Championship     1st                      Championship Champions 

Other Winners

Premier League - Arsenal

FA Cup - Man City

Carling Cup - Chelsea

Champions League - A C Milan

UEFA Cup - Sevilla

European Championships - Turkey

Aims for next season

Survival, Survival, Survival

Good season Almondo, shame about the defeat to my beloved City in the 5th round.

Just beat Preston 5-1 in the game after Port Vale. Where the hell did this come from? :confused:

We're edging ever so closer to the playoffs, and we're a game behind, which that win could take us in or just outside em.

I think I've figured out what's brought this great run on (which is now up to 6 consecutive wins, against most of the top teams in League 1).

I've went with Terk's 'more strikers = more goals' ideology. Greenhalgh (who after 4 years has finally got striker position), Elford-Alliyu and Paynter are now my front three. In the past 6 games they have got 18 between them.

Nice job Almondo.

My Merthyr side are cruising into a mid-table position with just a couple of games remaining in our first season in the BSS. But i'm quite optimistic as a change in tactics and a few new signings midway through the campaign have really seen our performances shoot up. Hopefully we can pick up from here next term and challenge for promotion.

Cambridge City Season 2102/13

After last seasons unexpected promotion, as Champions of the BSN, it was predicted we were in for a tough time.

Media prediction was 24th and after the first ten games or so, I was beginning to think this was a distinct possibility, hovering around the relegation zone, as consistency was virtually impossible to find.

Then, after stumbling across what was my best team for my 4-3-3 formation, it all seemed to click into place and we went on a real decent run surpassing all expectations where we......

Reached the 3rd round of the FA Cup, narrowly losing 2-1 at home to Ipswich (board wanted 1st Round)

Reached the 3rd round of the FA vase, losing to bitter rivals Cambridge utd (board wanted 2nd round)

And in the league, we finished...... 10th flirted with the play offs until an end of season collapse where we lost 4 of our last 10 matches.

So, my pursuit in making City bigger than united in Cambridge must trumble on for another season - especially as utd were promoted, as Champions, to League 2.

Next season, I'm quite optimistic that we can challenge for the play offs and I intend telling the board so, in my start of season expectations..... so hopefully I'll get a good wage budget as my control over wages in my previous 3 seasons has been really good.

I've not posted the progress table, like you guys as I'm not sure now to do it, so any help will be appreciated, but these are my previous seasons -

2010/11 Blue Square North finished 9th

2011/12 Blue Square North finished 1st Promoted as Champions

2012/13 Blue Square Prem finished 10th

(Incidentally, I really want to start a new game with the new patch, but I can't quite leave this as I'm getting a real affinity for some of my players.... how sad!!)

This season I've stuck with 4-4-2 with one deep-lying forward set to "Attack" and a Trequarista, so far my side has banged in 22 in 9 games in the league.

Gah knew I was tempting fate - following this post I played Bedford (a team of greys) at home in the 4th Qualifying round of the Cup.

Match Stats

Shots 25 Them 3

On Target 8 Them 2

Hit Woodwork 2 (both in the last five minutes) Them 0

CCC 6 Them 1

And the final score was ...... 1-1.

Archived