dafuge

dafuge's FM10 challenge

8,433 posts in this topic

1. Great to see Blues go into administration and sign him up quick before you regret it!

2. Nice :) I've got a looooooooong way to go.

3. Ouch!!

Thanks fixture planner. Just played 6 games in 11 days over Christmas period. 5 in the league and then FA Trophy as 6th game at the end.

Squad of 21. 5 injured (4 regulars). 16 fit players. 14 fit outfield players. I had to play my captain CB every game, he started last game at 72% fitness and I don't even like playing players below 93%! In the 5th game, 7 of my players were under 82%. Had to basically throw away any chance of FA trophy by simply playing 8 under 18's just to keep things fresh for the league.

Saying that, 3 draws and 2 wins from the 5 league games, including two games against 1st and 3rd. Unbeaten in 9 in the league so promosing :)

That's a tough period, TPF. You did pretty damn well to come through it undefeated :thup:

Signed Murphy to a new deal, had to tripe his wages (£9K p/w to £29K p/w) but tied him down to a five year deal with no min fee clause and I've set his asking price to £100M to try and scare off potential suitors.

I've got a couple of youngsters from the youth academy this summer who look like they might be decent first team players. I doubt they're much more than back up players, but it's nice to have something worth keeping an eye on though.

Also picked up a guy who I'm very excited about. Xabier López, an attacking midfielder from Bilbao joined on a bosman, been tracking him for eighteen months after my scout, Guti, first raved about him. Really struggling to get enough numbers in though within my budget. The players who are going to improve my squad are in the £8M range and it's doing my nut in right now. Managed to pick up an ageing Yoann Gourcuff on a free though.

Try stretching out payments and future clauses? You have to be sure of some kind of success within a couple seasons though. I was sure so made my budget stretch with that. Meant I had to get rid of my LB though to avoid a massive payout but I got in cheaper and younger and almost similar quality.

FC United of Manchester - Blue Square Premier 2012/13

Season 3 with FC United, and our 2nd in the BSP.

After last year's survival, the board expected me to do the same. So my expectation was to 'Avoid Relegation'. The media however, predicted a lowly 24th

Transfers - Very different to usual. Mostly loan signings, and only Jenkinson and Kempson were signed with intention to start. The rest were youngsters.

The season started on the bad side, with a 3-0 defeat to Tamworth. But this year, we weren't going this way again, we followed this defeat with two huge 2-0 wins against Histon and Northwich, a 2-1 win against Southport, and then 3 draws, before losing to Crawley. We bounced back instantly however with 4 wins in a row, before again losing, this time twice in a row, to Aldershot and Kidderminster, and a 2-0 defeat against Sheff Wed in the FA Cup 1st Round. This pattern of form continued till our 2-1 defeat to Barrow in the FA Trophy 1st Round. After the Barrow game we had a 13 game unbeaten run, racking up 7 wins, and 6 draws, scoring a total of 21 goals and conceding 9, including this big victory against Chelmsford. Mansfield then stopped us in our tracks. Fortunately, our team didn't give up. We came back fighting, with a 4-0 win against Forest Green.

As we entered April, into the last stretch of the season, it seemed to start badly, with a 1-1 draw to Gateshead. We sat 4th place with 7 games to go. Hanging onto the playoffs by a thread. However, we racked up valuable wins, whilst luck went our way, with Barrow and Cheltenham faltering. This run took us up to 2nd place. The last four games would prove to be the most tense, annoying and hardest fixtures I would face in my managerial career thus far.

Our first game was a 1-1 draw against Cheltenham, which kept us ahead in 2nd place. We then drew to Darlington 2-2. We then destroyed AFC Wimbledon 6-0, in a game that put Man City's beating of Portsmouth to shame. Despite this Barrow went ahead by 6 points. But they had us to deal with next, and we came fighting, with an amazing 4-1 win. This took the lead to just 3 points, and suddenly, the last game of the season was all to play for. We faced a very hard game away against 3rd place Cambridge. Barrow hosted Histon. This is how it turned out....

Cambridge v FC United

Barrow v Histon

This means, we had done it, we had won the league, albeit by goal difference. But the team that have haunted us in the past, beating us 4-0 in the FA Cup in our first season, and 2-0 last season, ended up helping us win the title. We had defied the odds, touted for relegation, champions of the Blue Square Premier.

Table

Position Chart

Squad

The Millward Player Choice Award (Manager's Player of the Year)

Ben "Gronaldo" Greenhalgh. - The winger played 49 games this season for us, scoring 11 goals and assisting 22, and also got 7 Man of the Match awards. It was very close between Greenhalgh and Carl Martin, who also excelled once again this year.

The Jordan Swinburn Award (This award goes to the single moment that caused the most surprise and shock)

The award has to go to the last day of the season, where we pipped Barrow to the title, completely unexpected. Other contenders included our 6-0 trashing of Wimbledon and the January profit of £145k.

Fan's Player of the Year

Carl Martin

Blue Square Manager of the Year

Jordan Swinburn

Confidence

Finances - Our finances this season were fantastic, we rarely made a loss. One month we even had a £145k profit.

The plan for our first League Two season is just survival, however after this season, anything is possible. I also aim to get further than the first round of the FA Cup, and try to do well in the JPT.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North         5th              Promoted - Playoffs
2011/12        Blue Square Premier       15th
2012/13        Blue Square Premier       1st              Promoted - Champions

Try stretching out payments and future clauses? You have to be sure of some kind of success within a couple seasons though. I was sure so made my budget stretch with that. Meant I had to get rid of my LB though to avoid a massive payout but I got in cheaper and younger and almost similar quality.

Yeah, I've considered that but it's not a risk I'm willing to take right now. Success (in terms of regular European qualification and winning big trophies) is a good few years off yet, I think, and I don't want to put the club into financial difficulty.

And congratulations on the promotion, Jordan :thup:

Merthyr Tydfil Premieship 2031/32

Table

Positions

FA Cup - 3rd Rd

League Cup - 4th Rd

CL - Group Stage

Euro Cup - 1st Knockout Rd

The season started badly as my saves corrupted with a parsing error and wouldn't load, but after defragging the hard drive, wiping the settings folder and reinstalling the whole game i managed to get an older save to work and only lost the 6 weeks of pre-season.

After that drama my season started well and i was soon in a 2 horse race with Man city for the title, by 27 games i was 4 points clear but a bad run meant that by 31 games i was 5 points behind. I soon made this up with an easier run in and could have sealed the title with a game to spare but only drew the match to leave me 2 points clear.

A win in the last game sealed the first premiership title for Merthyr.

My reserves went out to West Ham 2-1 in the league cup and my first team lost 4-2 away to championship Norwich in the FA cup.

In the CL i had an easy group but my results were poor and i finished in 3rd place. I put out a reserve side in the euro cup to concentrate on the league and lost 5-4 on agg to OM.

Finances improved immensly this year as a result of being in the CL but 16 million went out to shareholders and the board have spent 2 million on undersoil heating but won't improve the training and youth facilities further :mad:

Transfers

Not too many transfers in but i bought in a new central defence in Osbourne and Stojanovic. Castellani (history), Aguilar and Jose Carlos all left. I signed Paulinho on a free as a first choice goalie and sold Bonetti (history).

El Asmer (history) left as Morris was capable of filling in as backup. Kilicaslan (history) also left having failed to achieve his potential.

Squad

Hadland proved himself as the best goalie even though rated worse than Paulinho.

My first choice defence of Hagelstein, Djokic, Stojanovic and Osbourne were immense and the reason for winning the title, Castillo, Bartollini and Perez also did well when called on.

Noguira and Aslan failed to live up to last years efforts, Morris showed some promise before an 8 month injury as did Rivera.

Bianchini did well but is in decline and his goal output fell. Hernandez and Francisco did well in patches, Francisco also picked up 27 yellows and 4 reds in only 30 games and spent a lot of time suspended. Andre is beginning to show he is worthy of being in the first team along with Vara.

My strikers were really disappointing and the lack of a decent 4th choice cost me over the season.

Star Player - Worth every penny of the 18 Million i spent on him, he narrowly was ahead of other main buy Stojanovic.

Youth Player - had this decent looking youth come through and i'm hoping he can push on to make the first team in a few years.

Career so far:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South             3rd         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier           9th         None
2012/13   Blue Square Premier           2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2013/14   League 2                      15th        None  
2014/15   League 2                      13th        JPT Winners
2015/16   League 2                      5th         Promoted via playoffs
2016/17   League 1                      13th        None
2017/18   League 1                      14th        None
2018/19   League 1                      12th        None
2019/20   League 1                      15th        None
2020/21   League 1                      14th        None
2021/22   League 1                      1st         JPT Winners,Champions
2022/23   Championship                  16th        None
2023/24   Championship                  8th         None
2024/25   Championship                  10th        None
2025/26   Championship                  6th         Playoff semi-finalists
2026/27   Championship                  6th         Promoted via Playoffs
2027/28   Premiership                   15th        None
2028/29   Premiership                   14th        FA Cup Winners
2029/30   Premiership                   12th        None
2030/31   Premiership                   4th         None
2031/32   Premiership                   1st         Premiership Winners

Congratz Thebaker on winning the PL! Looks you finally got yourself a good solid defence!

Congratz Thebaker on winning the PL! Looks you finally got yourself a good solid defence!

Cheers,

my defence is oustanding, 20 clean sheets in 38 games, i need more goal output though.

Overall my side is very young and can still improve a lot.

Cheers, SnakeXe :)

And a big fat well done to Thebaker on your first Premier League title. Only the CL to go now.

I've had a truly appalling pre-season. Lost 4 games without scoring :(

Well what an absolute shambles. After a terrible, terrible start to the season with Guiseley, we made a couple of loan signings who really sparked the team, put together a run of wins and got us to the lofty heights of 18th. 2nd last game of the season saw us beat the team level on goal difference with us, to move onto 45 points and level with two others. All looked promising, go into the final game away basically looking like any result should do. Except all the teams around us never read the script. With 5 minutes left we were 1 down but still up - just - on goal difference. Then one of those 35 yarders out the blue put us 2 down, and as it turns out, sends us down.

For the first time in as long as I care to remember, been sacked :(

Not sure whether to start over or just take on one of the newly promoted teams next season - any rules on this, can I just add another manager in? Would almost like to do it with the same one for the sake of redemption, but not sure about the prospects of being offered another job...

When I got sacked by Nuneaton I stuck with the same manager and got a job at Canvey Island the following season. So it is possible to get another job, it just depends on one of the new teams having a tough time and sacking their manager.

Would it be considered poor form to 'create' a position at one of them to apply for?

I can't speak for anyone else but I wouldn't have a problem with that. As long as you're applying for the job on your own manager's merits then I don't see a problem with 'creating' a position for him to apply for.

That's the way to get over a sh*t pre-season. Opening day of the season, travel to face Man City (who have won the last 6 league titles) and beat them 2-0 :cool:

So this season I targeted putting a trophy in the cabinet and figured that, having got to the final last season, the League Cup was probably my best bet. Just lost 4-0 in the second round to Championship side Sheffield Wednesday :(

So this season I targeted putting a trophy in the cabinet and figured that, having got to the final last season, the League Cup was probably my best bet. Just lost 4-0 in the second round to Championship side Sheffield Wednesday :(

i only play my reserves in the league cup these days and in the last 3 years i think they have only won 1 game and lost to several championship sides, more worringly my best team keeps losing in the FA cup to championship sides

there is nothing better than when a sell on fee actually generates a lot of funds.

Sold a player for 5 mill + 50% sell on 4 years ago, his club have just sold him for 30 mill :D

there is nothing better than when a sell on fee actually generates a lot of funds.

Sold a player for 5 mill + 50% sell on 4 years ago, his club have just sold him for 30 mill :D

Very nice! A £15m score there ;)

If I hear of another transfer story being leaked I may actually blow up with rage :mad:

Its hard enough finding people who want to join a BSS side to begin with, without them being offered twice as much by low L2 / BSP sides as a result of leaked stories...

If I hear of another transfer story being leaked I may actually blow up with rage :mad:

Its hard enough finding people who want to join a BSS side to begin with, without them being offered twice as much by low L2 / BSP sides as a result of leaked stories...

Ben Greenhalgh :D:p

Ben Greenhalgh :D:p

He may have been one of the players I was in for... :rolleyes:

He may have been one of the players I was in for... :rolleyes:

Keep trying, you'll break him eventually.

In the first Gigg Lane showdown. It ended FC United 0-0 Bury. Good enough for me.

midgetram have a look for Nabil Sharif. Good striker especially for lower leagues

My FA Cup run may as well be over before it begins. Wigan in the 1st round :(

Hello all. I'm back after a 10.2 hiatus as 10.3 is now out. Still with AFC Hornchurch and in 7th halfway through my third season in the BSS. Not much to say except Vicente Del Bosque who is Arsenal manager has just said his special relationship with me has led him to accepting a loan deal for his stupidly far too good for me midfielder on loan.

Loving the activity jordan, great to see we have newcomers who put in the effort of posting :)

Unlucky on the 4-0 defeat Turk

And well done to thebaker for winning the Premiership, just the champions league to go now dude :D

Hello all. I'm back after a 10.2 hiatus as 10.3 is now out. Still with AFC Hornchurch and in 7th halfway through my third season in the BSS. Not much to say except Vicente Del Bosque who is Arsenal manager has just said his special relationship with me has led him to accepting a loan deal for his stupidly far too good for me midfielder on loan.

Ooh I shall be downloading that 'un as I am in preseason :)

Bloody best centre-back out for two months. My whole side is built on a solid defence without it I'm boned.

I took over Truro, but after being rock bottom after 6 games, without a win to my name and 2 goals scored, i'm sacked. This is down to me not giving them my full attention, but rather trying to keep both football manager and my girlfriend happy at the same time! I have learnt from this, and now I'm going to start over again, with the new 10.3 patch installed as well:D

I'll let you know who I am, altho I don't think I'll be truro again!!!

Great, one day after restarting this SI decide it's a great moment to release a new patch. And since I was only just finishing preseason with Sutton... eh, not much lost. New game, new holiday, new team. Hello from Tiverton.

How quickly fortunes change. One minute your 12 unbeaten, won last 5, top of the league. The next minute despite having 18 shots to 3, dominating a game for a full 90 minutes, you somehow lose 0-1 in the last minute and then lose your next 3 games!

Need to recover.

Busy tonight aswell!

Boston united season 16 2025/26

League Table , Position Graph final position - 14th

A very good season all told again. the media were still predicting we were playing in a division that is too high for up, but we managed to confound them again with a 14th place finish.

Cups

The cups were better this year with us reaching the 4th round of the Carling Cup and also the FA Cup.

FA Cup Went out to Man City

League Cup Went out to Sunderland

Transfers

Star Player

The star player this season has been Aiden Campbell

Key Players

Gavin Kirk Kirk was brought in after I sold Marcus Higgs last season.

Juan Jesus Sanchez A good Central Midfielder.

Other News

The board has finally decided to grant us a New Stadium it's only taken them 16 years to decide on it.

Finances

Finances are a bit shoody after the board took out a loan to finance the new stadium

Season           League              Final Position               Achievments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North          7th                         none
2011/12       Blue Square North          2nd                       Promoted Via Playoffs
2012/13       Blue Square Premier        15th                        none  
2013/14       Blue Square Premier        20th                        none
2014/15       Blue Square Premier        12th                        none
2015/16       Blue Square Premier        3rd                       Lost in Playoff Final   
2016/17       Blue Square Premier        1st                       Automatic Promotion, FA Trophy
2017/18       Coca Cola League 2         2nd                       Automatic Promtion
2018/19       Coca Cola League 1         21st                      Relegated to League 2
2019/20       Coca Cola League 2         4th                       Lost in Playoff Final
2020/21       Coca Cola League 2         4th                       Promoted via Playoffs
2021/22       Coca Cola League 1         9th                         none
2022/23       Coca Cola League 1         11th                        none
2023/24       Coca Cola League 1         1st                       League 1 Champions
2024/25       Coca Cola Championship     11th                        none
2025/26       Coca Cola Championship     14th                        none

Other Winners

Premier League - Tottenham Hotspur

FA Cup - Manchester City

Carling Cup - Manchester City

Champions League - Barcelona

UEFA Cup - Porto

World Cup - England

Aims for next season

Head for a Playoff spot

Starting a new game with the 10.3 patch, will post my details shortly. Still pondering who to play as this time tho....

Solid season there Almondo :thup:

Is it normally 80 points for a playoff spot? :eek: Seems a large number of points for only 6th place.

EDIT: Just beat L2 side Mansfield 4-0 in a friendly :) That'll probably be our best performance of the season though :rolleyes:

I don't know about most seasons but the 2024/25 season saw Swansea need 77 points for 6th.

As the new patch is out I think I might give the challenge another go. As some may remember, I got King's Lynn to the Premiership on the previous patch, only to be stumped by my home attendences for the season being limited to 1200! So I quit. Now hopefully a few of the issues in the game have been sorted i'm going to have another crack at it. Holidaying now...

As the new patch is out I think I might give the challenge another go. As some may remember, I got King's Lynn to the Premiership on the previous patch, only to be stumped by my home attendences for the season being limited to 1200! So I quit. Now hopefully a few of the issues in the game have been sorted i'm going to have another crack at it. Holidaying now...

Nice to see your back :thup:

What I think I may do is complete this challenge, and then start a new one on 10.3 patch where I can make that last till FM11 :D

Ok so i screwed it up, does anybody know why? I used the link from photobucket when i highlighted the word 'Wealdstone'? I fail at this big time:(

Does anyone know how much of your value needs to be debt before administrators become a real possibility? Just that I'm almost at 200k debt (club value is only 210k), and I've already done a round of wage cuts for team members and staff alike. :(

Though the way we're playing it doesn't matter whether we get the points deduction or not. 5 victories from 5, 18 goals and only 2 conceded :) Not a bad start to the season I suppose...