dafuge's FM10 challenge

Now this is what ****es me off about this version of FM. League Cup against Newcastle and my keeper has an absolute stinker of a first half, at fault for both their goals, and gets a half time rating of 3.6, no problem he deserved it. I told him at half time that I had faith in him and he produced an absolutely blinding second half, making four top class saves, as we pulled it back to 2-2, and he was beaten only by one screamer from twenty yards which was described in the commentary as 'no keeper in the world would have saved that shot' in injury time. His full time rating? 3.2. The lad deserved some credit for the stunning saves he made in the second half, at least bump the rating up a couple of points rather than down.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that feeling Terk. If a player makes a mistake he can't get his rating up no matter what. Except scoring a goal. If a defender makes a mistake and plays 5.4 for instance, the only time I've ever seen him bump back up is if he scores on a set piece. It makes you think they play worse than they really do as well, very annoying.

Now this is what ****es me off about this version of FM. League Cup against Newcastle and my keeper has an absolute stinker of a first half, at fault for both their goals, and gets a half time rating of 3.6, no problem he deserved it. I told him at half time that I had faith in him and he produced an absolutely blinding second half, making four top class saves, as we pulled it back to 2-2, and he was beaten only by one screamer from twenty yards which was described in the commentary as 'no keeper in the world would have saved that shot' in injury time. His full time rating? 3.2. The lad deserved some credit for the stunning saves he made in the second half, at least bump the rating up a couple of points rather than down.

hmm. Doesn't make much sence does it lol? Well, can that have a detremental effect to his confidence? Perhaps they didnt forgive him for the mistakes early on?

The media are on an absolute witch hunt against my keeper, every other day there seems to be a story about him not performing. In 11 games he's rated 6.6 overall, and OK that's not great, but he's a 19 year old kid who has just moved to the country, give him a little time to settle in at least. Add to that the fact that my centre backs seem unable or unwilling to tackle, that attendances are significantly down from last year and that my £2M striker from Aston Villa is yet to score and I'm not enjoying this season yet :( Hopefully we'll stuff Notts County (relegated from the Premier League last season) in my next game to make up for it.

Oh dear. Media are noobs Terk. Leave em, let em be!

I'm sure things will improve. Where are you in the table?

I'm unbeaten at the start of the season, 4 wins and 4 draws so again another good start but I had a similar good start last year and it went downhill so hopefully can be different this year. My right back has one helluva throw! He's "delaping" it with bullet throws. It looks awesome anyway!

Nantwich Town – Championship 2020/21 – Season 11

Well this season took a while to do, my motivation was lost after our relegation from the Premiership last season and an awful start to this season didn't improve it, so I took a break to do some testing and to play Mass Effect (1 and 2).

So back to Nantwich Town and after finishing bottom of the Premiership last season my new chairman demanded I get us straight back there, though the bookies made us third favourites and media expected a fourth place finish.

Though my players decided differently with several of them wanting out - first I shipped out the likes of Zabeleta, Knightly, Toungara and Smith who all failed to impress last season, we were then hit by important players wanting out - my Keeper Patton jumped ship to Germany for £2.8m, Spanish Right Back Ardanaz went off to France for £6.5m, whilst Irish midfielder went off to Scotland on loan.

In January the exits continued my Wonderkid Centre Back Maidana fell to pieces after demanding a move so I took Man Utd's hand off when they offered £22m plus 50%, whilst Brazilian Centre Back Marquinhos also went as did Left Winger McNally.

So to get back and survive the Premiership new players would be needed a combination of promising youngsters and experienced players were brought in, where possible I tried to sign Domestic based players as 9 out of 10 foreign players just don't settle, however English players are neither cheap nor willing to really join me.

So having to bed in new players and deal with several unhappy players we didn't get off to the best of starts as we carried on last seasons poor form, we were still giving away goals and just couldn't get into games, this resulted in us being at the wrong end of the table which made my players even more unhappy and made us play even worse.

I was deseperatly switching players, tactics and formations in the hope that something would work - I did find a rather interesting 4-2-3-1 Asymmetric tactic that on paper looks very unbalanced however in the couple of games I used it for it was very well balanced due to the roles, I just didn't have the players for it to work effectively - you have a standard defence, DM, MCr, LM, AMR, AMCl and ST - if you have a Right Winger and an Attacking Midfielder who are good shots it could be deadly, unfortantley my midfielders are more asssisters than scorers.

However by the turn of the year with the arrival of some new signings I found an effective tactic - A Balanced Counter-Attacking 4-1-3-2 - 2 Centre-Defenders on defend, two Full-Backs on support, Defensive Midfielder on defend, in the midfield three narrow midfielders with the middle one deployed as an Attacking Advanced Playmaker and the two side ones deployed as Support Centre Midfielders, upfront I paired a Poacher with a Support Striker.

So with a formation found we quickly started to climb the table scoring for fun and keeping clean sheets - we were deadly against sides that came and attacked us, thanks largely to my young French Striker Schmidt who's deadly pace, dribbling and finishing was lethal when he was given space to run, though we did struggle a bit against teams that sat back and defended and we had to fight for those victories, however when we got within shot of the playoffs we bottled it and had to settle for a ninth place finish.

Table - Ninth place was an impressive finish considering our early season form, though if we'd found our form a couple of games earlier we could have claimed a playoff spot.

Squad - quite a few players used this season as I tried to find a system that worked.

With first choice Keeper James Patton disappearing off to Germany, former Arsenal youngster Michael Palmer was signed on a free and whilst he is highly rated by my staff he struggled to show what they saw in him and he lost his place to Irish youngster Alan Dolan who stepped up and had a solid season and left Palmer in the cold.

In Defence Stephen Darby was signed to add some experience at Right Back however he didn't impress and lost his place to the impressive Pedro Leite who whilst not being my best right back on paper was solid and hardly put a foot wrong. Whilst on the left new signing Airam Barba had an imense debut season and was one of the few foreign players to settle in without a problem whilst the highly rated Hicham Hadji again provided cover.

In the centre of Defence with Wonderkid Maidana's head all over the place he was dropped before being sold and this gave Carlos Perez a chance to move inside and he took it being in fine form until December when his form dropped and he lost his place in the side to Ryan Shawcross who was brought in to add some experience and stability to my defence, partnering them was the ever reliable Erwin Bauwens who not once let the near constent media attention get to him.

In midfield experienced midfielder Tom Soares was brought in to add a bit more bit to my midfield and covered my Captain Matthew Whyte in the DM spot.

In the centre of midfield Magnus Eikrem again excelled as my playmaker and whilst he still cannot shoot his ability to place a pass is second to none as for the 7th year running he was my top assister. Partnering him was new signing Jose Bogado who was an excellent player when he turned up however he seemed to get upset at every little thing and when he was upset his performances dropped, deployed down the right was the experienced Mathieu Flamini to make us more solid defensively. Providing cover was another Argentine Mauro Esteve though he won't be around for much longer after he randomly demanded a transfer, whilst I tried to fit in highly rated Brazilian Winger Dario after he turned down a couple of £10m moves to Austria - if he doesn't go in the summer he'll hopefully adapt to a central role.

Upfront saw a couple of changes Scottish Attacker John Fleck arrived in January to add a bit more creativity to my attack and was deployed as a Deep Lying Support Striker but the success story was young German born French Striker Frank Schmidt he cost a hefty £4.5m but it turned out to be a bargain as when given a bit of space to run at the defence he was deadly and was scoring goals for fun and finished as the Leagues Second Top Scorer and set a new Average Rating record, with youngster Schmidt on fire I had to find a new role for young Dutch Striker Ernst van Beek if I can get his passing up then he can be an effective Support Striker, whilst a change of tactics also meant Bulgarian Striker Vladislav Dimitrov lost his place as a Target Man role isn't that effective with my current tactics.

Overview - the cups didn't go that well, though drawing Chelsea in the FA Cup 3rd round didn't help.

Confidence - the board aren't too pleased that we didn't go straight backup nor are they pleased that several players are unhappy, though it doesn't look like my job is in danger yet and with my contract running until 2024 I should have till then to get us promoted.

Though I have just been offered the Liverpool job after they have just won the Premiership whilst I was linked with the Chelsea job all season.

Finances are looking fine largely due to player sales, whilst we are the highest valued Championship side though we have less Season Ticket holders than several BSP teams.

Best XI - Only surprise being the inclusion of Alexander who was mainly used as a sub.

Overall XI seems to have wiped out the Premiership players and gone back to using long-term players so just Dimitrov, Acapandie Vandenabeele and Eikrem are still at the club.

Whilst the season update brought a couple of surprises with it the board appointed Liverpool as our Parent off their own back (annoyed that we get a decent parent club when we don't need them) and I finally got a decent youth prospect Striker Geoff Grant who has the Potential to be a Good Premiership Striker.

So the plan for next season is to try and keep hold of my players, whilst I may need to sign a couple of midfielders to replace the older players I signed this season, and we will hopefully make an attempt at getting promoted back to the Premiership this season as money might start becoming a problem in the next couple of seasons - nearly all of my transfers over the last two seasons have been spread over 48mths, the wage bill has shot up and my ground was half empty last season

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North         1st              Promoted - Champions
2011/12        Blue Square Premier       3rd              Promoted - Play-offs
2012/13        League Two                8th
2013/14        League Two                11th
2014/15        League Two                15th
2015/16        League Two                3rd              Promoted
2016/17        League One                1st              Promoted - Champions
2017/18        Championship              15th
2018/19        Championship              3rd              Promoted - Play-offs
2019/20        Premier League            20th             Relegated
2020/21        Championship              9th

Hard to bare Murray, I'm sure you will gain promotion next season!

Anyway we got ourselves into the play-offs after good form earlier, but our last three games, we have been shocking, including going out of the FA Cup in the 1st round.

Maybe our luck in the past month or 2 has ended.

For once I'm glad I had an injury crisis.

I lost my starting wingers and all of my strikers in November, but it turns out that the two wingers I brought in on free transfers halfway through last season to put us into a 4-4-2 formation are actually a lethal striker partnership in the 4-1-2-1-2 I ditched.

So much so, that I've been able to sell one of my other strikers who wasn't performing for a handsome £2 million, and I've gotten a tempting offer of £3 million for Manuel Diaz. :)

Good to hear :thup:

Help? (from another thread)

So make that 1st season of the challenge :p

Minisav - In my first season i picked up Lewis Toshney (LB) on a free, also got a guy called Sam Habergham (LB) from Norwich for £0 plus 40% next Sale.

If you are looking for a forward then Robert McCormick from FC Belize was a Monster (44 Goals in 46 Starts in BSN), was another £0 plus 40% next sale

Good to hear :thup:

Help? (from another thread)

So make that 1st season of the challenge :p

Fullbacks aren't too important at BSS level IMO, especially if you're playing a direct up the middle style anyway and your centre-backs aren't useless in the air...

As for strikers, in my first BSS season I dragged in a striker who was brilliant physically but nothing special technically. The Assistant only rated him one star too! Even so, he still got a fair share of goals and outperformed a four star player easily. So if you can find someone who has good physical stats and reasonable finishing/mental stats, and as a bonus someone with above average determination, then ignore the assman rating and go for him.

Unlucky, TPF :(

Things starting to click for my Canvey side now. Had a potentially nasty run of games, facing five teams who have all player Premier League football in the past five seasons and who have all spent in excess of £7M this summer. Got two draws (Pompey at home, Burnley away), one defeat (Wolves at home) and two wins (Birmingham at home, Wigan away). That's lifted us from 18th to 14th after 16 games. The striker I shattered my transfer record for is starting to play like he actually knows the game and the young Brazilian winger I took on loan from Chelsea could become a legend in the space of one season.

Sounds like we're having parallel seasons Terk heh.

I had keeper issues too with my England U19 rep getting slammed by the media, and we're a match against ex-Premier League clubs like Notts County (whom we stuffed 4-0).

The Championship is just so competitive though. We were in 20th on 34 points after 29 games (a goal difference of +2 too grr) and the board were unhappy we weren't being competitive (highest team in the relegation zone is at 20 points), but one 1-0 win pushes us up to 15th and they're delighted.

Fickle bunch.

Even so we're much better than we were last year and now we're gelling we might make a run at the top half by season's end, it's just 14 points separating 20th to the playoffs.

Boreham Wood - 2010/11 - BSS

Manager profile

One of the most frustrating seasons I've had on the game. Just a mutiny of defensive errors and disjointed play, as I struggled to find a tactic that would work for more than 1-2 games at a time. Put together a bit of a mini run at the end of the season to finish four points outside the playoffs, but only 47 goals scored all season tells a tale.

League Table

Transfers

Best player

Probably didn't bring in enough players, as evidenced by the fact I still have a transfer budget of 14K and 1.3K in unused wages, and the two loanees from Chelsea helped (they're not a parent club though). Mitrovic ended up my top scorer, but his season is a bit misleading as he scored seven in the last six when we were pretty much out of playoff contention.

Other signings who performed reasonably well were midfielders Mark Millar and Guy Lopez, fullback Ryan Andrews and youth team left back Charlie King, whose technical stats are atrocious but physical stats are pretty good.

Playoffs are obviously the goal for next season, but I also need to find some better defenders, a decent striker and some squad depth.

----

2010/11 - Blue Square South - 8th

And to top things off, pretty sure I've just gotten a potential wonderkid through my youth system (Boreham's facilities are rated as adequate, which is obviously very good for this level).

Presenting Brett O'Kane

His reputation is already national so I doubt I'll be able to hold onto him for long.

And to top things off, pretty sure I've just gotten a potential wonderkid through my youth system (Boreham's facilities are rated as adequate, which is obviously very good for this level).

Presenting Brett O'Kane

His reputation is already national so I doubt I'll be able to hold onto him for long.

Looks amazing for your level, or indeed at any level for a 16yo.

what is his current playing ability listed at, i'm guessing he must be league 1 at least.

best put a price tag of 10 million on him to scare off other teams.

Leading star for most L1 sides, yeah.

He'll sign a three year FT deal in December and I'm going to try and get on his favoured personnel list asap. Teams currently interested are Cambridge, Peterborough, Rochdale, Accrington and Hereford. I'm just afraid someone will bit 50K and it will be accepted over my head.

Leading star for most L1 sides, yeah.

He'll sign a three year FT deal in December and I'm going to try and get on his favoured personnel list asap. Teams currently interested are Cambridge, Peterborough, Rochdale, Accrington and Hereford. I'm just afraid someone will bit 50K and it will be accepted over my head.

i've found that if you put a massive over the top asking price, teams simply do not make a bid most of the time.

I'm just a really bad manager aren't I :D

Decided to resign from Merthyr in November of 4th season in 9th position because things just didn't seem to be going anywhere and then they go and get promoted first season I leave. To be fair the team is really good but I just for some reason couldn't get them playing. About to try my luck with someone else now.

Well this is more like it Played 7 Won 6 Drawn 1 Scored 13 Conceeded 3 - a 2-2 draw to Preston is our only blemish so far and we needed a 91st minute goal to make it 2-2 the bad news is I've lost Striker Schmidt for 3 months :( the good news is we haven't even got going yet :)

Looks good, I'm sure you can keep up that form even though you have lost one of your strikers.

Anyway, I'm actually surprised how bad I have been coping with my finances this season, I think I need to reduce the wage bill by around £5,000 at least, I can do this, but it means I will lack in quality, although I don't mind this for this season as I want mid-table stability and would not prefer promotion.

I want to start including my summer signing Phillip Skinner more who looks a great prospect for the midfield and this is why I'm not to concerned about selling 1 of my 2 centre-mids Tiago Ronaldo or Jurgen Samuel, even though they have both been excellent so far, they are both on high wages and I could make 250k-500k from selling one of them.

Well its May 2021 and Premier League Club Kings Lynn have just been taken over by a London based businessman,

He has invested 25 Million into the club and set about upgrading all the facilities :thup:

However, he wants to bring in Santi Cazorla as Manager as he has had Business dealings with him in the past in Spain, he will inform me of his decision in the next few weeks :eek:

Is all my hard work about to go out the window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well its May 2021 and Premier League Club Kings Lynn have just been taken over by a London based businessman,

He has invested 25 Million into the club and set about upgrading all the facilities :thup:

However, he wants to bring in Santi Cazorla as Manager as he has had Business dealings with him in the past in Spain, he will inform me of his decision in the next few weeks :eek:

Unlikely, you usually always keep your job when this happens.

I wish I got a board takeover :D

Anyway, like how I said before I wanted to reduce the wage bill and sell a few players, we done that straight away and made about £1.6m, which I was very happy with, £1m of that was Jurgen Samuel moving to Leeds, good player lost, but it means that Skinner will now have a chance in midfield.

I've been scouting Northern Ireland and looking through some South-American teams and I have found a few players who I am looking to bring in who look great youngsters :cool:

Have just been informed that i will be allowed to continue in my role as Manager :cool:

Apparently he has been impressed by the support for my management from within the club :thup:

Now to the important business, 2 games of the season remain and i am sat in 5th, one point behind 4th and two behind 3rd with a game in hand

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2039/40

The squad is getting closer and closer to becoming all-T&M and it seems to be affecting our performances, particularly in the cups.

League Table

League Positions Graph

It was a lot easier than the table suggested as we lost 5 of our last 7 games due to fielding the kids.

Community Shield - a great performance with a relatively weak team.

Carling Cup - this was a bit embarrassing, especially as the team we put out was quite strong.

FA Cup - it was a clear run of home games to the final and at 2-0 we thought we had won it. Two late goals, one from an ex player and it went into extra time. I had already planned for penalties with my subs when a defensive mixup handed Arsenal a winner. Gutted.

UEFA Champions League - the two defeats to Sevilla in the group stage meant we finished second, where we got a tough draw against Real Madrid. 1-0 up from the home leg, we took an early 1-0 lead in the Bernabéu and even when they quickly equalised we were feeling confident. We held them off for ages, then this happened.

Transfers - another one of the big stars was sold to promote the youth strikers, it seemed like a great move for Everton as he helped them qualify for the CL.

Squad - we are really being carried by the previously signed players. Although the defence is all-T&M, they are still young and have a lot to learn.

Key Player Profiles:

Jon Punal - a superb season as he scored more than last season.

Tom McGoldrick - one of his best seasons ever, he's a legend.

Richard Jones - he's had another good season but I think the time to cash in is nearing.

Greg Scales - the 4th of my old signings, and another one of my key players. My backup right winger is no where near as good as him.

George Fry - the one shining light from the youth system.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists

Next Season

Our young squad seems to be prone to bottling it, as we have done on two very high profile occaisions this season. Hopefully as they get older this will improve and we can become a force in the cups once again.

Has anyone got any tips about setting up a back four in the BSS?

It seems every game I am getting undone by defending that defies belief. They all just seem to stand still when the ball comes forward, and it's resulting in just about every pass putting attackers through. The amount of goals I'm conceding from 6-10 yards out is just ridiculous, and it's all because I can't get my back four to react to anything.

I've never used a downloaded tactic and I don't want to start now, but I'm just seeing the same mistakes and lack of movement/reaction over and over.

Has anyone got any tips about setting up a back four in the BSS?

It seems every game I am getting undone by defending that defies belief. They all just seem to stand still when the ball comes forward, and it's resulting in just about every pass putting attackers through. The amount of goals I'm conceding from 6-10 yards out is just ridiculous, and it's all because I can't get my back four to react to anything.

I've never used a downloaded tactic and I don't want to start now, but I'm just seeing the same mistakes and lack of movement/reaction over and over.

For lower league, you want to look for pace imo, pace is a lot in the lower leagues

just a quick little question...

whereabouts do you save club badges for teams that have been promoted?

not sure which directory to put them or what to name to get them to show?

thanks

My documents> sports interactive> fm10> create a new folder called logos

Could you link me badges so I could download?

hmm cant seem to get it working :(

I dont actually have the real badges as such, just got one that im going to use for my Bedford team. Not there real badges, one ive pilfered from a german side purely cos it has a B in it and is blue ha :)

hmm cant seem to get it working :(

I dont actually have the real badges as such, just got one that im going to use for my Bedford team. Not there real badges, one ive pilfered from a german side purely cos it has a B in it and is blue ha :)

Is the xml file in the folder where the logo is?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are in poor form atm and have dropped to 9th in the league, maybe the players I sold have limited our quality a little, although I have brought in 2 youngsters, a Brazilian and a Northern Irishman who both look good for the future.

I want to try and get the season finished by the end of tonight, I will probably be on now until 2-3am, then I can also play most of tomorrow while doing college work.

My plan for next season is to remove a few of the high-waged players and replace them with youngsters, we need to build our finances up and have our facilities upgraded and such.

Likewise with this season, I will bring in a lot of season loans, we have had 7 long-term loans this season, and 3 or 4 of these we don't contribute to any of their wages, the others are from Italian sides where we pay 50% of the wages.

Hastings United - 2018/2019 - Coca-Cola Championship

This was a real wheeler dealer season for us. Our short term goal was a genuine Championship quality squad, and our medium term goal was to make a run at the top half of the table.

It was actually one of the more satisfying seasons I've had in this challenge despite the lack of anything really to show for it.

Season Summary - 9th

This was a great season in terms of building a Championship squad. The old saying that you let the players who got you up, keep you up, then you move on was definately in force this year.

We had a massive turnover of players as a lot of the League 1/2 players who got us up started demanding Championship wages, and so we started off with effectively a brand new squad. Given our shoestring budget, this was always going to happen, but it was ok though, as we had no real goals for this season except to build.

Basically all season we were never really dominated but we struggled to get results our play deserved, which is to be expected of a new squad still gelling I guess. In the second half of the season we started to get those results, and in the end we were only 9 points off the playoffs.

Our defence was brilliant and one of the best in the league, while our attack got better as the season went on.

Final Table

League Positions - Graph - It might look like we struggled all season, but thats more due to the fact that the top twenty ran away from the bottom four and we were on an upward trend all year.

League Cup - 2nd Round

Trounced League 2 Brentford 5-0 away, before succumbing 3-0 to Bolton away in a scoreline that flattered the home side.

FA Cup - 5th Round

Same as last season, we reached the fifth round, overcoming BSS Hendon and L1 Northampton before falling at home to Leeds 2-0 after we went down to 10 men.

----

Squad - I'm really excited about the core of this squad. A few additions and we should be a real force next year.

Finances - Massive profit this year, probably due to the £4.5 million net profit in transfers. We actually sold more than that, but they're on installment based deals which I don't mind since it gives us a guaranteed income which our stadium can't provide.

Transfers - I'll start posting this now because it's starting to get interesting, here you can see the £4.5 million transfer profit made this year.

I don't regret a single transfer, none were really forced on me, but the values were too good to ignore.

----

Key Players

John Hessel - Our Adam Hunter replacement. Brilliant defensive stats and on a free too.

Rik Adema - Another freebie, our midfield playmaker was outstanding for us and another bargain pickup.

Bruno Sanz - If the Scots are the country to pinch players from in the BSS, then Spain is definately the place in the Championship. My scouts were raving about this guy in terms of potential so hopefully him and Manuel Diaz form a great partnership to come in future years.

---

Around the Leagues

Tranmere (whom you might remember set a record for total uselessness in my League 2 promotion season are now in the BSN, but lost in the playoff semi-final to Telford. Bit of a fall from grace. They've been joined this season in the BSN by Rochdale, who obviously wanted to give them some company.

Crewe, whom I fought for automatic promotion on the last day of League 1 two seasons ago, are now my feeder team in League 2. :) They lost in the League 2 playoff finals, incidentally beating St. Albans of all teams who have made a big rise up the leagues.

Chelsea won the Premiership for the 5th time in six years, and Man Utd haven't played Champions league football for three years now, missing out again by finishing 5th.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4693606&postcount=5028]2010/11[/url]   Blue Square South        3rd         Promotion (Playoffs)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4710480&postcount=5113]2011/12[/url]   Blue Square Premier      8th         None
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4735716&postcount=5284]2012/13[/url]   Blue Square Premier      8th         None
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4741463&postcount=5324]2013/14[/url]   Blue Square Premier      4th         Promotion (Playoffs), FA Trophy Winners
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4756689&postcount=5400]2014/15[/url]   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Playoffs (Semi-final defeat)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4772897&postcount=5474]2015/16[/url]   Coca-Cola League 2       2nd         Promotion (Automatic)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4830742&postcount=5586]2016/17[/url]   Coca-Cola League 1       2nd         Promotion (Automatic)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4838667&postcount=5693]2017/18[/url]   Coca-Cola Championship   18th        None
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4854537&postcount=5792]2018/19[/url]   Coca-Cola Championship   9th         None

Next Season

Given how this season went pretty much perfectly to plan, I'm really optimistic about next season. Hopefully another solid summer transfer season can fill in the gaps in our squad to support our solid core and we can make a promotion run.

Looking good there aeropaus, I'm sure you will improve again next year and challenge for promotion, keep it up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 games left in the season and we are 9th in the league, ideal spot that I wanted this season because I didn't want promotion although my new signing in January Sandro, is unsettled and even failed to turn up to training because of being in a nightclub the night before, so if he keeps this up, even though he has good potential, he will be gone in the summer.

I'm looking forward to pre-season again, next season I will be expecting to challenge for a play-off spot, and this might be hard because I don't want to higher the wage bill much because it really effects our finances because of the lack of stadium capacity.

Good news as well is that it looks like our facilities will be getting the first upgrade in pre-season, which is very important for our future, but this may leave is with an un-tidy balance.

And another thing, one thing I always forget, relaying the pitch, this will be the first time our pitch will be re-layed at the end of the season :D

Takeover talks begin...

EDIT: Why can't they schedule these outside the transfer window? :(

2 weeks left until 1st September, still under an embargo, massive transfer budget (£5 million+ due to some more sales), and the board think that a £2 million offer for my best centre-back is too good to refuse. Oh, and my other centre-back is injured.

So, I have no healthy centre-backs and 2 weeks left in the transfer window to find anyone to play the position.

I'm going to end up like Crystal Palace and turn up to games with only two subs at this rate hehe.

Oh well. Takeover talks started on the 6th July... now the transfer window is over and they're still going!

I have a transfer budget of £5,000,000 and a squad of 18, which is currently 14 due to injuries and I still can't bring anyone in!

On the bright side I'm top of the Championship after 5 games... somehow.

Tonbridge Angels - League 1 - 2013/2014

This season was all about stability by aiming for a mid-table finish and after a good start to the season I started to expect maybe a little more than that, which was a mistake as we had a poor second half of the season, which wasn't really surprising after I decided to cut the wage bill a little in January by selling a few quality players. But, we were on target of our aim of mid-table security:

League Table

League Table Positions

In the first ten games or so we were up and down from mid-table to just outside the play-offs and we managed to find some form and get ourselves into the play-off places and we stayed in there until just after christmas when we started to be very in-consistent especially away from home where we were surprisingly better than home in the first half of the season. This was a similar occurance last season as well, excellent away, but could have been better at home.

When we started to be in-consistent, we dropped out of the play-offs and never got back in there after that, we just couldn't put a string of results together and we were even struggling against lower table sides at home, which was a concern.

Transfers

We shipped out a lot of players this season and brought in a fair-amount to make up for this, with seven signings being season-long loans. As you can see from our transfers out, in January, we sold quite a few quality players, and this was probably the reason why we struggled in the second half of the season because the signings we made in January did not make up for our losses.

We signed Sandro, a Brazilian striker for 100k up-front and then 800k over 48 months, and he just wouldn't settle in and even had an occurrence once of not turning up to training because he was spotted at a nightclub the night before. We also signed John Fleck on a free and even though I never really gave him a chance because he didn't fit into my tactic, he was also quite poor.

Squad

Our squad wasn't the biggest but it had enough back-up to cover a few injuries here and there. We were maybe lacking a little quality in defense though but apart from that, our squad done generally well.

Finances

We were about to go into the red around christmas time and this was something I did not want, so this was the main reason I decided to reduce the wage bill and cash in on some players. We're now at around £1m balance just after the last game of the season and we are also selling Francesco Lippy for £1.4m, who is probably one of our most gifted players, but likewise with Fleck, he doesn't fit into my tactic and when I tried a tactic to fit these in, they didn't perform.

FA Cup

This was one of the biggest disappointments of the season. A very very poor result away to Bradford who were lingering at the bottom of the table in the same league as us. It was also quite a strong team, and I was left scratching my head at what went wrong, as this was in a time where we were actually in good form.

Key Players

Tommy Hoiland - Following on last seasons performances with another good season even though he wasn't first team for the first quarter of the season, he earned that back with some great performances

Phillip Prosenik - I was very happy with the contribution Prosenik made, especially in the first half of the season where he bagged in a lot of goals for us, albeit, the goals dried up a little in the second half of the season.

Phillip Skinner - Our best prospect, signed from Grimsby for 325k and I gave him a decent amount of first-team chances throughout the season and he done okay. I wasn't expecting a lot and I think he will be an improved player next season.

Jeremy Huyghebaert - Hard to pronounce name but for a LB he contributed with quite a few goals, and in one game, he even got a hat-trick. May be hard to resist to sell him in the summer though as we could get anywhere between £1-2.5m for him

Elia Galliani - Loaned from Inter for the season and looks like a good little prospect, and was the rock of our defense, will be interesting to see how he develops in the future

2010/11   Blue Square South        1st         Champions
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Promoted via playoffs
2012/13   League 2                 1st         Champions
2013/14   League 1                 9th         N/A

Next Season

Our aim next season will be to try and bring in a team that will be good enough to aim for a play-off spot. I also requested our facilities to be upgraded which the board finally agreed on and this is the first step to a successful future for the club. I will also be looking to bring in some more hot prospects and try and build a younger team, if I achieved a team that was full of great prospects, I wouldn't mind if we had another mid-table finish next season.

Our defense will be very weak when the loans go back to their parent clubs so we will need to bring in a lot of defenders, and we are also losing a few midfielders that we will need to replace, so its going to be full of activity in the summer.

NJ achieving your goal Tug, good to get a bit of a breather year in after three straight promotions. Hopefully you can push on next year.

Takeover finally finished and the chairman was kind enough to let me keep my job and pump another £2,000,000 into the treasury. Just in time to get some freebies and loans in before that deadline expires...

Amazingly we're still top of the table, go figure.

NJ achieving your goal Tug, good to get a bit of a breather year in after three straight promotions. Hopefully you can push on next year.

Takeover finally finished and the chairman was kind enough to let me keep my job and pump another £2,000,000 into the treasury. Just in time to get some freebies and loans in before that deadline expires...

Amazingly we're still top of the table, go figure.

Sounds like your doing good enough to save your money up for next season when you are in the Premier ;)

Just at the season summary in my game now, always exciting when the season changes and you get the youngsters, fixtures through etc.

Joining League 1 from being relegated from the Championship will be: Charlton, Leyton Orient and Millwall

Joining League 1 from being Promoted from League 2 will be: Bournemouth, Colchester, Wrexham, MK Dons

Sounds like your doing good enough to save your money up for next season when you are in the Premier

Aye but would like to get a couple more defenders in ;) We have the second best defence in the league too despite only having one genuine centre back. I'm a bit surprised and cautious about this year :)

Aeropus' date=' your doing a brilliant job there, I might have missed a link but what is your actual finance?[/quote']

I put them all in my season reports; here's the one from the end of last season.

At the moment post takover I'm actually at £8.63 million after selling another £5 million worth of players and the £2 million board injection.

Apparantly the board say that £1.5 million is going to upgrade the training/youth facilities, which I suppose is fair enough since they haven't been touched since I took over.

Farnborough FC 2011/2012 - BSP

After a great first season, we looked to do have a season of full consolidation to mount a push for promotion from BSP in the 2012/2013 season. This was a difficult season, due to so many changes throughout the squad. There was a need to shake up the coaching staff, so these were removed and improved.

* I've gone a little further and therefore cant really look back at the table at the end of the season: Well we finished 7th, 8 points behind overall promotion playoff winners Cambridge. Robert McCormick had another great season: getting another 20 goals. I'm too knackered to post screenshots, so I will do 2moro.

Target for next season: Promotion. COME ON THE BORO!

Archived