dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, now that Truro are now playable due to their reputation change I will be starting this challenge with the aim to do better than last year and to also do the challenge in the quickest time (ambitious I know). But I could do with knowing what it currently is, do any of you know?

SMSL did it in the minimum number of seasons, so you can only equal it ;)

FC United of Manchester season 2010/11 Final position 1st

Started off poor with 2 win in 8 games. After defeating Droylsden 1-0 in the F.A. Cup 3rd Qualifier my season turned better going undeafted in 12 games (in all competitions), knocking out Barrow and Darlington in the F.A. Cup 4th round qualifier and the F.A. Cup first round, and beating Telford in the F.A trophy. I then finally lost to Gillingham in the F.A. cup 2nd round but then went back on a 11 game undefeated run, including a good run in the F.A. trophy deafing Altrincham in the 1st round and Burscoughin the 2nd. Losing to Blyth made my team struggle against Vauxhall at home but still came out winners 2-1, then drawing at Hyde, but then gave a fine performance at home to Gainsborough winning 3-0. Stocksbridge was the next team to be deafed in the F.A Trophy 3-2 away from home. From that game the players struggled with fitness resulting in only win one game in 7, including being knocked out of the F.A. Trophy by Bishop's Stortford in a replay. After being knocked out and Ashley Vickers having to go on holiday, the players found fitness and hammered Hinckley 5-0 and going undeafeted for the remaing 10 games.

At the beginning of the season I was given £10,000 to spend on transfers, of which i spent £1,700 on two players. I brought in 8 players on a free and one loan signing.

League Table

League Table Graph

Transfers

Results Part 1

Results Part 2

Results Part 3

Looking forward to next season, will be looking at free's loans and if i spend anythin it will be nothing more than £2,000.

Anyone else been asked for a friendly against the glenn hoddle academy haha!!

yer every year. now i'm in the premier league they ask my reserves.

1st team: played them 8 times won 8 times scored 39 conceded 3 :D nice confidence boost before the start of each season

congratz foost on qualifying for the CL knockout rounds

Quick question : Is the rep for the team " Kingstonian " realy 150 ? if so then it should provide the biggest challenge.

So far the lowest i managed to reload was Banbury and Kingstonian Can please someone confirm that because i would like to start a good tough challenge.

That's a great result, hrbfc :thup: And congratulations on winning the BSN, Bily :)

Late season charge for the play-offs, anyone? After our horrid mid season slump we've now lost only 1 of our last 16 games (won 9, drawn 6) and we're in 10th, 4 points outside the play-off zone with 5 games to play. Picked up John Bostock for £20K from Llanelli in January and he's been brilliant.

By the way, Q.P.R (top of the Championship) are on an awesome FA Cup run this season. They beat Liverpool in the 5th round, Arsenal in the Q/F and Everton in the S/F. Newcastle await in the final and I'm really hoping they pull it off.

Jamie Spencer - Season 10 (20/21) Premier League -14th Place -Survival!

Was initially quite faithful to the side that got us up to this division and I only really signed extra squad players and 2 or 3 improvements to the 1st team. it became clear by January that this team would not be good enough to stay in the league so I went out and spent massivley and in the end it was worth it as we survived with ease. Liverpool came bottom too.

League Table: http://img692.imageshack.us/i/premierleaguetable1.jpg/

Transfers: http://img203.imageshack.us/i/premierleaguetransfers1.jpg/ and http://img63.imageshack.us/i/premierleaguetransfers2.jpg/ Masters has become a wonderkid and was one of the reasons for our solid defensive showing. Laros was also superb in defensive midfield. As we enter a new season both decided to be moaning gits so they've been shipped out already. Hausmann is an absolute bargain up front.

http://img209.imageshack.us/i/mastersv.jpg/ - Wonderkid Centreback but he was kicking up a fuss so he is out of here.

http://img709.imageshack.us/i/hausmann.jpg/ Took this guy ages to get going, dont think he scored in the 1st 15 games but I kept with him and he repaid us with a fine 2nd half of the season. Expect big things from him next year.

An interesting season and we spent a lot more than we made in transfers which is unusual for us, got a few players who have attitude problems so i'll be kicking them out. We also have a lot of squad players who can fetch us some pretty decent money, I hope to use said money to bring more class to the side and maybe get a top half finish.

Season     Team           League            Finished     Achievements
2010/11    Truro City   Blue Square South    	1st           Promoted, Champions
2011/12    Truro City   Blue Square Premier    	13th       
2012/13    Truro City   Blue Square Premier     1st           Promoted, Champions
2013/14    Truro City   League 2                3rd       Promoted
2014/15    Truro City   League 1                11th
2015/16    Truro City   League 1                 2nd       promoted
2016/17    Truro City   The Championship       12th  
2017/18    Truro City   The Championship        6th       Lost in Playoff Semi 
2018/19    Truro City   The Championship         6th      Lost in Playoff Semi
2019/20    Truro City   The Championship         1st      Promoted, Champions
2020/21    Truro City   Premier League           14th      Survival

Screenshot of Bostock? I think you can do it, other teams will keep dropping points.

John Bostock

He got released by Spurs and then spent 18 months at Llanelli, was desperate to get back to a decent team, but settled for us instead :D His £600 per week put me over my wage budget but I figured it was a gamble worth taking. He's really brought a better attacking balance to the side; delighted with him.

John Bostock

He got released by Spurs and then spent 18 months at Llanelli, was desperate to get back to a decent team, but settled for us instead :D His £600 per week put me over my wage budget but I figured it was a gamble worth taking. He's really brought a better attacking balance to the side; delighted with him.

Yeah he looks good for that level. That's one position i'm definitely missing some depth and quality at, AMC. I still have Hewitt-Fisher who's been with us since BSS and I did get a guy in on loan but he tore his calf in he first preseason game so he won't be back til after christmas.

to be honest he looks awful. i think your scouts over rated him. What are your scout's JPP?

Yeah i just listed him for loan. I mean, you never know, he could progress impressively I guess.

And i have one at 14/17, one at 15/10 (needs to be replaced) and one at 11/12. So i mean, they're not awful. Still kind of weird.

Yeah i just listed him for loan. I mean, you never know, he could progress impressively I guess.

And i have one at 14/17, one at 15/10 (needs to be replaced) and one at 11/12. So i mean, they're not awful. Still kind of weird.

i suppose he could improve rapidly in a few years and prove me wrong

i suppose he could improve rapidly in a few years and prove me wrong

I mean, i'm not holding out for it, but if he does, it'd be great. I need to sell him really, get that $, that'd put me close to out of debt. I'll keep everyone updated if there's anything noteworthy that occurs.

Looks like your scouts have been having a laugh at your expense there, Dons :(

Signed a deal for a guy called Edwin Waweru to join us at the start of next season (just missed the free transfer deadline this season). Released by Auxerre at the end of last season and will cost me £525 per week in wages, so I'll have to be tighter in other areas of the squad, but he looks brilliant for this level and my scout, Jason Koumas, is raving about him. Have been able to scout France this season (guessing the cash raised from last season's cup run helped in that decision) but he's the first quality player that has come through being able to scout there.

Signed a deal for a guy called Edwin Waweru to join us at the start of next season (just missed the free transfer deadline this season). Released by Auxerre at the end of last season and will cost me £525 per week in wages, so I'll have to be tighter in other areas of the squad, but he looks brilliant for this level and my scout, Jason Koumas, is raving about him. Have been able to scout France this season (guessing the cash raised from last season's cup run helped in that decision) but he's the first quality player that has come through being able to scout there.

WOW. He looks tremendous. Shame you couldn't get him for the second half of the season run in. But looks fantastic. Could be a difference maker for some time to come for you Terk.

And yeah, we'll see, if nothing else, I can sell him and raise a little extra cash.

He looks amazing, and only 525/week looks like you've picked up a real bargain. I never found any good players when scouting france till i got into the premier league

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2033/34

We had a good year last season and with a young squad I was confident of taking the club forward.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We almost led from start to finish. Liverpool, who won the league last year were no where to be seen. Despite spending all that money, Man City sild even further down the table.

Community Shield - despite a comeback, we got the win we deserved.

FA Cup - things were going well until the semi final against Villa.

Carling Cup - the win against Chelsea was key as we won the final easily.

UEFA Champions League - despite the opening loss, the group stage was easy enough. A series of home wins and away draws set up a final against title rivals Man Utd, which we won surprisingly easily.

Transfers - another huge profit was made, which strangely seemed to help our performances on the field.

Squad - the number of English players is rising as I start to look to the future.

Key Player Profiles:

Emilio Sacchi - he's finally made it as our top scorer. Being described as a world class striker, I'd expect that at least.

Tom McGoldrick - the main reason I sold Sahan. His goals from midfield showed I had made the right decision.

Chris Blackmore - easily his greatest season yet, but he's getting on a bit.

Steve Shutt - the rock of our midfield, straight from our youth academy.

Greg Scales - one of our new hot prospects, who has improved a lot.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners

Next Season

It seems that we are back to our best, so my short term aim is to maintain this success in the hope of the board building a new stadium. I'm going to need to continue to balance the finances so I may still need to sell off the stars in favour of talented youngsters.

Final day of the season in League 2, still got a shot at a play-off finish.

7th MK Dons 75pts

8th Lincoln 75pts

9th Canvey 73pts

It is only a very outside shot, however, because on the MK Dons play Lincoln. Have to hope that they draw and we beat Port Vale by two or more goals. Going to be very tense.

80 minutes

Canvey 4 - 1 Port Vale

Lincoln 0 - 0 MK Dons

81 minutes

Canvey 4 - 2 Port Vale

Lincoln 0 - 0 MK Dons

86 minutes

Canvey 4 - 2 Port Vale

Lincoln 1 - 0 MK Dons

Full Time

Canvey 4 - 2 Port Vale

Lincoln 1 - 0 MK Dons

Denied by an 86th minute goal in a game I had no control over despite us putting on one of our best performances of the season. ****ing gutted.

Here is my League Cup Run this season:

2nd Round: 3-0 won away to Swindon

3rd Round: 2-2 won on penalties at home to Burnley

4th Round: 2-1 won at home to Peterborough

Quarter Final: 1-0 won at Home to Blackburn

Semi Final 1st leg: 2-2 vs West Ham away

Semi Final 2nd leg: 2-2 vs West Ham at home won on penalties

Final vs Man City

Could i beat them again, i beat them earlier in the league 1-0 or would my team bottle it in their first ever final of a major tournament

The final did not start well after just 16 mins Theo Walcott found himself clean through and made no mistake about the finish

However we got back into the game and after 39 mins we equalized after a mistake by their right back allowing Sazanov in to cross for Biagioni to finish into the bottom corner

We were then dealt a cruel blow on the stroke of half time, after playing well throughout the 1st half and looking to go into half time with a draw. Theo Walcott lost his marker and slotted home from 6 yards from an excellent counter attack by Man City

We never really got going after half time and a 3rd Man City goal (which looked very offside, although having done some Andy Gray style analysis on it:D maybe my right back was playing him on:mad:) came in the 54th min which killed us off and thats they way it stayed.

Never the less i am happy with my players, we matched Man City for large parts of the game and maybe next time we will win a trophy.

Archived