dafuge's FM10 challenge

2044/45 Barclays Premier League 1st Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists

2045/46 Barclays Premier League 1st Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists

2046/47 Barclays Premier League 1st Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists

2047/48 Barclays Premier League 1st Premier League and Champions League winners

2048/49 Barclays Premier League 1st PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners

2049/50 Barclays Premier League 2nd Club World Cup winners

2050/51 Barclays Premier League 1st Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists

2051/52 Barclays Premier League 4th

2052/53 Barclays Premier League 1st Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists

2053/54 Barclays Premier League 1st Premier League winners

2054/55 Barclays Premier League 1st Premier League and Champions League winners

2055/56 Barclays Premier League 1st PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists

2056/57 Barclays Premier League 1st Premier League winners

2057/58 Barclays Premier League 1st PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners

2058/59 Barclays Premier League 1st PL, CWC, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists

2059/60 Barclays Premier League 1st Premier League, CWC, and CL winners

2060/61 Barclays Premier League 1st PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, Carling Cup and CL finalists

2061/62 Barclays Premier League 1st PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners

2062/63 Barclays Premier League 1st PL, CL, CWC and FA Cup winners

2063/64 Barclays Premier League 1st PL, CWC Carling Cup and FA Cup winners

2064/65 Barclays Premier League 1st PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists

2065/66 Barclays Premier League 1st PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists

2066/67 Barclays Premier League 1st PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners

2067/68 Barclays Premier League 1st PL, CWC, Champions League and Carling Cup winners

2068/69 Barclays Premier League 1st PL, CWC, Champions League and FA Cup winners

2069/70 Barclays Premier League 1st PL, CWC, Champions League and FA Cup winners

2070/71 Barclays Premier League 1st Premier League, CWC and Champions League winners

2071/72 Barclays Premier League 2nd FA Cup finalists

That league performance is crazy. 23 Titles in 26 years.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do people sign decent enough players at the start of the game, i am finding that hardly anyone will come near the club that because of reputation is at obscure, yet people on here seem to sign a good team.

Could it be because it on 10.3 ???

Make sure you scou around before signing anyone is a good first tip. It took me well into the 1st season to get a team together. I was in the relegation zone but signed a few players in january and finished 10th then with the same squad almost i finished 1st the in the second season.

Also having the Large database is a must for me certainly. So many more players available. A quick tip is to look at N.Ireland and elsewhere outside of England. A lot of good players there playing at very low rep clubs that usually want to join.

My system of finding players is:

Work out attributes that are the most important (so for a MCd, for example, tackling and passing)

Search for the position with filtering to only show players with decent enough base skills for the level (like in league 2, I'm searching for 11, which is just below a standard I'd be comfortable with starting)

Filter for expired and expiring contracts

Ask assistant to filter out unrealistic players

Offer trials to every player who looks half decent

Judge attributes and look at coach reports

Offer contracts as you see fit

Good method for cost effective adding of players.

Chippenham Town 2012/13 Season Review

Blue Square Premier final position: 1st

LEAGUE TABLE

LEAGUE POSITION GRAPH

So, my 3rd season as Chippenham Town manager ended in promotion as Champions from the BSP and into profession league football! I had predicted a position of 17th at end of last season after winning promotion from BSS, but this was a lot easier than I expected. Back-to-back promotions is a great feeling! We never really looked stretched or as if a finish out the top 2 in the league was a possibility. Only lost 2 home games all season winning the rest and away we were also the best team in the league. We broke the record for goals scored in the league thanks to a few excellent goal scorers. In the cups we improved in the FA Trophy from previous years but finished in our worst FA Cup run of my reign.

FA CUP - We never really got a chance to get going and missed out on the money due to poor progression. Getting knocked out to L1 Derby in the 1st round was no shock and we didn't play well at all.

FA TROPHY - As the best team non league football based on our league finish getting to the final wasn't really surprising, but losing in the final came as a shock as I felt we should have beaten Darlington who missed out on the BSP playoffs.

TRANSFERS - No major outs, just a few players not good enough for this level and some loans out. Brought in some important players after stating I wouldn't be getting in too many players. Davies, Torres, Gilbert, Ranieri and to some degree Walker became great first team/rotation players. They should set me up well for League football also.

FINANCES - An FA Cup run would have helped, but Im happy with the bank balance of the club at the moment. I twill be interesting to see the difference this time next year.

BAKER'S PLAYER OF THE SEASON - Scott Shulton (CM). A shock I know considering the amount of goals former winners Lecky and Jabuti got this year, but Scott had a solid season. He was equal 1st for assists in the BSP this year, as well as managing to score a few important goals. He also captained the team a lot with the decline in ability of Captain Danny Smith. He was also runner up in BSP Player of the Season and he's only 23 and is still improving. Im sure he will be a first teamer in L2.

BAKER'S YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON - Cormac Burke (CF). A 19 year old who I only signed in a vain attempt that he might get a first team spot of Marvin Brown and after 5 goals in 7 games at the start of the season I couldn't drop him! He finished my 3rd top goal scorer and would have got more possibly if not for the arrival of Craig Davies mid season. It will be interesting if he keeps this progression up in League football.

OTHER KEY PLAYERS

Richard Lecky (CF) - Yet again another fantastic year for Lecky. He became the clubs all time top goalscorer and was nominated for BSP player of the year. Should be able to perform in L2

Sergio Torres (CM) - This Argentine midfielder was one of my big signings this year and I expected a lot from him. He did well and managed to fit in quickly. He seemed to have a knack of scoring screamers in 1-0 wins which pleased me. Overall he is a great passer and rarely failed to conected his passes.

Jabuti (CF) - This guy can't get enough praise! Another nomination for BSP player of the year along with Leck and Shulton. His goals were vital and his finishing improved a lot when taught to place his shots. I expect a lot from him in League 2.

Dean Beckwith (CB) - The 2nd year this guy has featured for me. Had a solid first seaosn but he surpassed himself this year and the former Cobblers defender showed how important he is for me at the back. He can always be trusted to put in goal saving tackles and rarely failed to win a header.

COMPLETE SQUAD LIST

Aims for 2013/14?

> LEAGUE - Mid-Table. I made the mistake of under estimating my team last season so I'm setting a harder challenge this year to get a mid-table place in League 2

Baker's Prediction - 13th

> CUPS - I want FA Cup 3rd round. League Cup I'm not too fussed about and JPT I hope to get through a couple of rounds but I wont concentrate too much on it.

> TRANSFERS - Like last season I don't aim to make huge changes but if the players become available I might sign a couple. Maybe a Defender and a Midfielder. Don't like to change the squad too much as Im a firm believer of having a united squad. I think it plays better than a squad full of new, 'better' players. Maybe 2/3 first team signings and a few youth/loans. I will get rid of my dead-wood too.

Managers Career

Season     League               Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Blue Square South    10th       
2011/12    Blue Square South    1st         Promoted as Champions
2012/13    Blue Square Premier  1st         Promoted as Champions, FA Trophy Finalists

That league performance is crazy. 23 Titles in 26 years.

It gets easier in the future, the AI with regards to both attribute distribution and squad building still isn't quite right. Basically the computer will look at its squad and think "ah yes I have two world-class centrebacks, with good quality backups, no need to buy any more" when every one of their centrebacks has under 10 for Jumping. Because my strikers are strong, quick, and reasonable in the air, and my defenders are great in the air, and reasonably quick, not many teams have the players to beat me so long as I'm sensible tactically. The only times I've missed out on trophies in the last 10 seasons or so have been freak results or injury crises.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2072/73

For the second time in this career, I had to decided to take the step to move to a squad made up entirely of my own youth products. Last season we had a worst season for years, this year we were without four of the key players that helped us last time.

League Table

League Positions Graph

I'm completely baffled by this. Early in the season we looked awful, our strikers were shooting wide and our goalie and defence were playing like they had never met each other. Inconsistent was the best way to describe us as we beat Ipswich, Everton and West Ham but lost to Reading, Cardiff and Swansea. Things did pick up though as our strikers hit form and our new goalie found his feet, we found ourselves at the top of the table and managed to secure the title on the last day with just 76 points.

Carling Cup - we took it easy in the early rounds but suddenly found ourselves in the semi finals. We took things a bit more seriously beating man Utd and managed to lift the trophy thanks to penalties.

FA Cup - once again, thanks to a series of decent draws we found ourselves in the final. In what was probably our performance of the season, we destroyed Everton in the final.

UEFA Champions League - luck was obviously on our side as we were handed an easy group which we topped. We pulled off great wins against Fiorentina and Man Utd before coming unstuck at the hands of Ipswich.

Squad - we are relying heavily on a few stars but we have managed to cover every position pretty well this season.

Transfers - these were the last four stars to leave to enter the all-T&M era.

Key Player Profiles:

Geoff Tynan - I'm not really sure where to start, he is an absolute beast who is single handedly carrying this team to success. The previous best I've had for goals in a season was 43, Tynan has made a complete mockery of that. I'm hoping he can keep this up as without him we are screwed.

Lee Woodward - the perfect partner for Tynan, who is always willing to set up his partner rather than score himself. Still, 20 goals isn't exactly bad.

Ashley Batchelor - one of the players who I brought back to the club as a stop gap in the AMC position, he's still here.

Iain Percival - he's not quite become the star I was hoping for but he's still a decent winger.

Stuart Osborne - the rock at the back, solid as ever.

Career Overview

Season     League                   Position  Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Blue Square South        5th       Promoted via playoffs
2011/12    Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13    Blue Square Premier      2nd       Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14    Coca-Cola League 2       6th       Lost in playoff final
2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2       1st       Promoted as champions
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 1       4th       Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17    Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18    Coca-Cola Championship   6th       Lost in playoff semi
2018/19    Coca-Cola Championship   4th       Promoted via playoffs
2019/20    Barclays Premier League  16th 
2020/21    Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup finalists
2022/23    Barclays Premier League  7th       Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24    Barclays Premier League  3rd      
2024/25    Barclays Premier League  5th       Champions League finalists
2025/26    Barclays Premier League  3rd       Carling Cup finalists
2026/27    Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32    Barclays Premier League  3rd       Club World Cup winners
2032/33    Barclays Premier League  2nd       FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43    Barclays Premier League  5th       Club World Cup winners
2043/44    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2048/49    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners
2049/50    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Club World Cup winners
2050/51    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
2051/52    Barclays Premier League  4th       
2052/53    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
2053/54    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners
2054/55    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2055/56    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2056/57    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners
2057/58    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2058/59    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists
2059/60    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, CWC, and CL winners
2060/61    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, Carling Cup and CL finalists
2061/62    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2062/63    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC and FA Cup winners
2063/64    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC Carling Cup and FA Cup winners
2064/65    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2065/66    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2066/67    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2067/68    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and Carling Cup winners
2068/69    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and FA Cup winners
2069/70    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and FA Cup winners
2070/71    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, CWC and Champions League winners
2071/72    Barclays Premier League  2nd       FA Cup finalists
2072/73    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners

Next Season

This season was a massive surprise and almost a bit of a disappointment to me. I was enjoying the challenge of the chase and I'm shocked that the club has managed to get itself back to the top despite the sale of its star players.

I'm almost assuming that next season will be a bit different as we are brought back to reality.

Boston United - 2015/16 - League One

Media prediction: 24th

Actual finish: 2nd, promoted

League table

Transfers

Well, I said we needed a top half finish and we certainly got that. I don't really know how we ended up getting promoted - I think the other contenders just canceled each other out, and I snuck into 2nd place by 2 points. It didn't hurt that our main striker broke the League One season goals record...

Craig Dolan - yep, he broke the record for goals in a season in club history as well. it should be noted that all 6 of his yellow cards came for diving. in fact, during the last match of the season (a must-win game), he was booked for diving in the area, and then dived a second time in the area, but the referee was feeling charitable and awarded the penalty, which turned out to be the winning goal. go figure...

my other stars:

Des O'Driscoll - you'd think a left winger with only one technical stat above 10 wouldn't be any good. but he ended up contributing a lot of assists and scoring some key goals as well.

Steven Hammell - signed during the January transfer window, he combined with O'Driscoll and Dolan (who was the left-sided striker) to great effect. his poor defensive stats weren't exposed too much, fortunately for me.

strangely enough, one of my first signings (back in the BSN) was James McKeown, a young goalkeeper from Peterborough. guess who Boston just signed IRL? James McKeown...

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11         Blue Square North         1st            Promoted - Champions
2011/12         Blue Square Premier       2nd            Lost in Playoff Final
2012/13         Blue Square Premier       1st            Promoted - Champions
2013/14         League Two                1st            Promoted - Champions
2014/15         League One                19th           None
2015/16         League One                2nd            Promoted

After 14 games, I've been absolutely trampled so far in league two, my defence hasn't been strengthened enough, which is a shame as the rest of my team is good. I've conceded goals like it was going out fashion. However, I've switched to a Mourinho style 4-1-2-2-1, which has just seen us beat 4th place Tranmere 2-0. I'm still just 1 point off the drop zone though :( Only 9 points off of the playoffs too though.

Hastings United 2012/13

League 2

Media Prediction: 24th

Board Expectations: Mid-table position

Final League Position: 1st

League Cup: 1st Round (Lost 4-1 at home to Millwall)

FA Cup: 3rd Round (Lost 2-1 away at Doncaster Rovers)

Johnstones Paint Trophy: 1st Round (Lost 3-1 at home to Brentford)

This season was far easier than I expected it to be as at the begining of the season I felt as though m squad would only be able to scrape into the playoffs but due to a hefty amount of loan signings to patch up the squad where the original team was lacking quality. I used no more than 10 loan signings throughout the course of the season including Dean Parrett, Rhys Murphy and Lewis Young (the brother of Ashley Young). Although we did dominate this league form the outset finishing with a strong 97 points, 9 clear of the runners up, we did have big problem at centre half where club captain Peter Hartley and Senegalese loan signing Ousmane N'Diaye had a bit of a shocker but we came through unscaved and wrapped up the title with a game to spare.

Highlight of the season

My highlight of the season would eithier be our 6-1 wripping apart of Morecambe or our new signing Craig Davies's record breaking goal scoring season in which he hit 32 league goals.

Notable Players

Craig Davies- Signed from Brighton and was absolutely prolific weighing in with 34 goals, 13 assists and 7 MoMs.

Robert Rose- Loaned from Charlton and was a revelation at right back with an average rating of 7.35

Lewis Young- Loaned from Southend, played in 45 of the 46 league matches and was highly impressive, setting the tone for a successful season.

Michael Noone - Signed on a free last season but improved greatly this year and replaced Dean Parrett when he left very efficently.

Signing of the Season - Craig Davies

Flop of the Season - Jon Macken

League Table

Transfers

Finances

Hey guys, does anybody know how to make graphics here by any chance or know where I can get the logo for my Chippenham Town game? Iv tried making them myself but Im no good at stiff like this and I cant do it. If anybody could help id really appreciate it, anyway... back to the game! Should get my first season in League 2 finished soon!

Thats a great record there Dafuge and one I hope to emulate on my Cambridge City save (5 seasons in and just won the BSP) but can I ask you a question - what kept you motivated enough to keep going after basically dominating the league and Europe to that extent?

While I can dream I will do the same I'm worried I will lose interest in it (that and FM 11 will be out before I manage it). I can understand playing another season after 2051/52 in order to reclaim it all but what kept you going past that?

Thats a great record there Dafuge and one I hope to emulate on my Cambridge City save (5 seasons in and just won the BSP) but can I ask you a question - what kept you motivated enough to keep going after basically dominating the league and Europe to that extent?

Other than the obvious youth product policies, there was always something around the corner like a takeover or a new stadium to keep me going. It is never the trophy wins that keep me going, but sometimes they are needed to achieve other things.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2073/74

Last season was our first year in our second all-T&M era and it was somthing of a surprise that we managed to improve to win the Premier League. I was expecting this season to be a bit tougher.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We completely blew it as we threw away a big lead and lost the title on the final day of the season. We managed to take just 5 points from our last 5 games, with rivals West Ham taking 12. Despite this, things were still in our hands going into the final game but we choked and lost 2-1 to Liverpool.

Community Shield - it was nice to start with a win.

Carling Cup - we fielded the kids and got promptly knocked out.

FA Cup - we blasted our way through the early rounds and got a bit lucky in the semi final. The final was a classic display of counter attacking football as we got an unlikely win.

UEFA Champions League - we managed to top the group (just) before wishing we hadn't when we saw who we had in the next round. The away goals win over Barca should have been more convinging as we lead 2-0 in the away leg, but we improved and hit form against AC Milan. OM looked like knocking us out before a crazy home 5-0 demolition. We managed to get our revenge over Ipwich in the final to win the Champions League for the first time with this all-T&M squad.

Squad - we are still clearly being carried by Tynan but there's a few other players chipping in now.

Key Player Profiles:

Geoff Tynan - not quite up to last season's standard, but still amazing.

Lee Woodward - a huge suprise as the second striker started finding the goals, as well as setting up Tynan.

Iain Percival - he's getting better every year so I hope he's a bit of a late bloomer.

Harry Phillips - he's had personal problems for ages now but he's still a potential star.

Adam Holt - he's made an impressive attacking contribution this year for a defensive player.

Career Overview

2012/13    Blue Square Premier      2nd       Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 1       4th       Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2022/23    Barclays Premier League  7th       Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2027/28    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2034/35    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup and Champions League winners
2043/44    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2050/51    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
2052/53    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
2054/55    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2055/56    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2057/58    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2058/59    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists
2059/60    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, CWC, and CL winners
2060/61    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, Carling Cup and CL finalists
2061/62    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2063/64    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC Carling Cup and FA Cup winners
2064/65    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2065/66    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2066/67    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2067/68    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and Carling Cup winners
2068/69    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and FA Cup winners
2069/70    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and FA Cup winners
2070/71    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, CWC and Champions League winners
2072/73    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners
2073/74    Barclays Premier League  2nd       FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

The obvious aim next season is to win back the Premier League, but that will only happen if we can change our current league form for the start of the new season.

ahh nuneaton, so what are your aims for the first season?

To be honest, I'm not great at this edition so I'd take mid-table/top half finish, then push on for promotion next year. Patience is a thing I rarely have when it comes to FM but I hope I can have it here because looking at people like dafuge and what they can do with their clubs is amazing.

EDIT: How can I put my own logos into the game?

SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil - Season 29 - 2038/39

Story of the Season:

Premier League - 1st, Champions

An early spell of rubbish form meant we were never going to go unbeaten again, but nevertheless we powered through to win it comfortably. Towards the end I played my youngsters in quite a few games and they did very well, even managing a 3-2 last day victory over second placed Tottenham.

Champions League - Winners

After last year's shock capitulation at the Bernebeu, I really wanted to make sure this competition went well this year. History was, however, in danger of repeating itself with a shocking 3-1 loss away to Shakhtar in the 1st Knockout Round, but we pulled through, avenged last year's defeat against Real, and won the trophy in extra time.

FA Cup - Winners

Pretty easy run through to the final and win. A bit embarassing drawing to Gateshead, but it was the youths and backups so no big deal.

League Cup - Quarter Final (lost v Arsenal)

Bit of a weird game against the Gunners, lacked cohesion and penetration, so we went out. Not too fussed.

Community Shield - Winners

Good way to start the season.

Transfers - £0.3m Deficit

Last year's loanee Bianchi joined permanently, with his fee offset by selling failed prospect Fitzgerald. Mike Hunt is joining subject to a work permit for around £25m, who, aside from his comedy name, should give us an extra dimension up front with his raw athleticism.

Other News: Paulinho is approaching 900 appearances now, but is really starting to dip in form and ability. John Hulse, an academy graduate, can't wait forever, so they'll probably job-share for the next two or three seasons until Paulinho notches up the grand. Xavier Garate, former club captain and true legend, has finally retired. 10 academy graduates made 10 or more appearances for the first team this year, including my first academy wonderkid, Daniel Jenkins.

Next Season:

Try and win everything again, go unbeaten, develop more youth players.

5 Most Important Players:

5. Julien Wiesemes - AMR/L - Very much having to pick and choose his appearances now due to his failing legs, but fully justifies his selection every time. Almost a one to one assist to start ratio, he added 4 goals this season, arriving late at the far post to great effect. His current contract takes him up to the end of next season, which will mean he's been at the club 15 years. It may well be his last, but I wouldn't bet against him earning another year or two.

4. Daniel Jenkins - AMR/L - The first academy graduate on this list, Jenkins has forced his way into the first XI now, making more assists than anyone except Lopez Santos. Easily the best player from the academy, he has the potential to be even better.

3. John Hollis - ST - Improved on last season's fair and was more consistent as well. Will probably play second fiddle to Lopez Santos next season when Hunt joins.

2. Ramon Colunga - DC - Not quite as remarkable as last season, but still the most dominant centre-half I've had on this save, surpassing even Xavier Garate.

1. Enrique Lopez Santos - ST - Really coming in to his own in his second season at the club, scored the winning goal in the Champions League final, and got almost as many assists as goals. Truly world-class.

History:

Season    League                  Position  Achievements                   
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South       1st       Blue Square South Champions,  Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st       Blue Square Premier  Champions, Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two    4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2013/14   Coca-Cola League One    6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Coca-Cola League One    4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2015/16   Coca-Cola League One    17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
2016/17   Coca-Cola League One    2nd       Promoted
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship  18th      None
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship  21st      None
2019/20   Coca-Cola Championship  9th       None
2020/21   Coca-Cola Championship  6th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2021/22   Premier League          13th      None
2022/23   Premier League          14th      None
2023/24   Premier League          9th       None
2024/25   Premier League          4th       League Cup Runners Up
2025/26   Premier League          1st       PL Champions
2026/27   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, LC  Winners
2027/28   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, LC  Winners, CWC Winners
2028/29   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, CWC Winners
2029/30   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners
2030/31   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, CWC Winners
2031/32   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners,  CWC Winners
2032/33   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners
2033/34   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners
2034/35   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, LC Winners
2035/36   Premier League          2nd       CL Winners
2036/37   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA Cup Winners
2037/38   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, LC Winners
2038/39   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA Cup Winners

Merthyr Tydfil Academy Hall of Fame:

A list of those Merthyr Academy graduates who make 100 or more appearances for the club.

Name                Pos        Era                    Apps   Goals     AvR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joe Thomas          DM/MC      2029-Present            455      39    7.02
Paul Smith          WB/AML     2013-2018, 2021-2023    219      12    6.87
Mike Williamson     DM/AMLC    2029-2035               175      12    6.76
Marcus Phillips     AMC        2034-Present            158      14    6.90
Daniel Jenkins      AMR/L      2035-Present            150      11    7.21

Previous Season Reports:

Season 1 - 2010/11

Season 2 - 2011/12

Season 3 - 2012/13

Season 4 - 2013/14

Season 5 - 2014/15

Season 6 - 2015/16

Season 7 - 2016/17

Season 8 - 2017/18

Season 9 - 2018/19

Season 10 - 2019/20

Season 11 - 2020/21

Season 12 - 2021/22

Season 13 - 2022/23

Season 14 - 2023/24

Season 15 - 2024/25

Season 16 - 2025/26

Season 17 - 2026/27

Season 18 - 2027/28

Season 19 - 2028/29

Season 20 - 2029/30

Season 21 - 2030/31

Season 22 - 2031/32

Season 23 - 2032/33

Season 24 - 2033/34

Season 25 - 2034/35

Season 26 - 2035/36

Season 27 - 2036/37

Season 28 - 2037/38

NB: Didn't get another International job yet, didn't think there was any point posting another 2 seasons of squat.

I just found a guy with the best name ever: Mike Hunt

It also helps that he's the best targetman style forward I've seen in about a decade, so needless to say I'll be doing everything I can to get Mike Hunt happy.

That one always makes me laugh :D

I think he'd be best played 'in the hole'.

Got another 3* winger on each side, plus a 2.5/3* (depending on what coach you ask) striker through this youth intake, all-Merthyr midfield should be in place within 2 seasons. Still barely any good defenders, got two quite ropey centre-backs still on the books but I don't think they'll make it really. Not one full-back though, again.

great season ugen! well done

thanks!

it's getting harder and harder to compete financially - currently my wage budget is 56k p/w, which is nothing in the Championship because of all those yo-yo teams that have a lot of players earning Premiership wages. (40k or higher in some cases). so I'm taking the Arsenal approach - only 5 of my first team players are English, and two of them are teenagers aren't close to the starting eleven. sometimes you get lucky though - I made a cheeky offer to this 3.5 star (CA and PA) 21 yo central defender from Spain, offering him 600 p/w (not a typo) as a rotation player. amazingly he accepted... he's better than both my starters right now! it makes up for all the players I've lost to League One and even League Two teams who can actually pay higher contracts... for instance I tried to sign Noel Hunt but he went to League One Swansea instead, earning 6,750 a week (my maximum is 5,500).

thanks!

it's getting harder and harder to compete financially - currently my wage budget is 56k p/w, which is nothing in the Championship because of all those yo-yo teams that have a lot of players earning Premiership wages. (40k or higher in some cases). so I'm taking the Arsenal approach - only 5 of my first team players are English, and two of them are teenagers aren't close to the starting eleven. sometimes you get lucky though - I made a cheeky offer to this 3.5 star (CA and PA) 21 yo central defender from Spain, offering him 600 p/w (not a typo) as a rotation player. amazingly he accepted... he's better than both my starters right now! it makes up for all the players I've lost to League One and even League Two teams who can actually pay higher contracts... for instance I tried to sign Noel Hunt but he went to League One Swansea instead, earning 6,750 a week (my maximum is 5,500).

You said about the 'Arsenal Approach', thats something I have found myself in. Its annoying as I want an english team with english players! only 69% are english players in the facts thing compared to 91% for the average League 2 team. A fair few are welsh/irish/n.irish but still i have 2 algerians, a spanish guy, a french defender and an italian GK in my first team

Fancy giving this challenge a go for the first time and it's something to rekindle my FM interest until the new one comes out in a few months, im having problems getting going though. I've downloaded the file and then moved it into the relevant steam folder but when i load up FM it isn't appearing in the extra files in preferences.

If anybody could give me a solution it'd be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Fancy giving this challenge a go for the first time and it's something to rekindle my FM interest until the new one comes out in a few months, im having problems getting going though. I've downloaded the file and then moved it into the relevant steam folder but when i load up FM it isn't appearing in the extra files in preferences.

If anybody could give me a solution it'd be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

I had this problem when I started. As dafuge says you need to put the file into the update-10.3 folder

I'm giving this a go on 09 with Boston Utd, and if it looks like it might go well (i'm generally a complete flop at FM, but these friendlies are showing good signs, a 2-2 draw against L2 macclesfield), as long as its ok, i may start posting here (since posting in the 09 thread would be necro'ing it, and its pointless having that omne up top just for me :D)

Chippenham Town 2013/14 Season Review

English Football League Two final position: 2nd

LEAGUE TABLE

LEAGUE POSITION GRAPH

Chippenham Town's first season in professional football, and it has finished in our 3rd successive promotion. I set an aim of 13th after the surprising league title win in the BSP last year, but we managed to surpass that brilliantly. It came down to the last day of the season. Blackpool walked into 1st place so we were effectively the best of the rest. I would have been happy to stay in the league to be honest. It would have given the current players another season to gel and aim for another league win next season but I can't be annoyed at promotion! We had good cup runs as well with not many signings so all in all a great season.

FA CUP - We had an excellent run, knocking out L1 Shrewsbury, Championship Derby before eventually losing away to Premiership WBA.

LEAGUE CUP - Not impressive at all. Getting knocked out in the first round of anything is annoying.

JPT - We managed to reach the semi's which was a great achievement I think even though I feel we deserved a better outcome.

TRANSFERS - 4 signings and 1 back up loan player. The two algerians did well especially Hammar. Horbette had a great season for us at the back, but Kasongo was the definition of a surprise package!

FINANCES - Very happy again. Keeping on top of the wage bill is hard but its ok. The WBA cup game did wonders for our balance and it was almosts completely due to that, that we got granted permission to upgrade the DIRE youth and training facilities.

BAKER'S PLAYER OF THE SEASON - Thibaut Horbette (CB). He's a french lad who doesnt speak a word of English, not my perfered signing but his previous ratings and stats were very impressive. He was a new signing a rock in the defence all season, rarely making a mistake. Not sure how he will step up for L1 but I hope he will do well.

BAKER'S YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON - Paterne Kasongo (CF). Another new signing. I had no intentions of playing this lad this season, but my 3 man attack was very injury prone this year possibly due to increased training and he got the nob. He started slow, nothing special, but eventually he was getting a hattrick here a wonder goal there, setting up the players with his blistering pace and he was a dead cert over any other striker in the end.

OTHER KEY PLAYERS

Ziri Hammar (CM) - For a new signing and a youngster he did well. His passing was brilliant and he broke up the play very well in a defensive role within the 3 man Central Midfield.

Craig Davies (CF) - A consistant goal scorer for me who rarely went on droughts unlike most of my other strikers. He was also a very effective 'super-sub' coming on a crucial times to get winning goals. He was vital to our promotion.

Scott Shulton (CM) - The young captain of the team. My former choice for player and young player of the year. Again he was intrumental in the middle of the park once again topping our assists chart. I just hope his experience in the team is enough to get him competing against the far more technically sound players in L1. We'll see...

Jabuti (CF) - The striker had another good season for us, anthough he was rather injury prone picking up 4 long term injuries thsi season. I cant see him doing that well next season but I will give him a go. He was very quick this year and is one of our most consistant finishers when he gets into the positions.

COMPLETE SQUAD LIST

Aims for 2014/15?

> LEAGUE - I don't want to say survival based on the last two season's promotions... but I think L1 might just be a bridge too far so I'm going to have to say it I think

Baker's Prediction - 20th

> CUPS - FA Cup 3rd round, League Cup 2nd Round, JPT quarters.

> TRANSFERS - My transfer policy this season is minimal like always. I want the squad to bond and only bring in the odd player to help counter-act the squad togetherness with ability. I'd say 2/3 first teamers maximum will be signed.

Managers Career

Season     League                Position    Achievements
2010/11    Blue Square South     10th       
2011/12    Blue Square South     1st         Promoted as Champions
2012/13    Blue Square Premier   1st         Promoted as Champions, FA Trophy Finalists
2013/14    Coca-Cola League Two  2nd         Promotion

Boston United - 2016/17 - Championship

Media prediction: 24th

Actual finish: 19th

League Table

Transfers

This was really a consolidation season. My squad was very weak for the Championship (honestly it was probably a below average side for League One), so I had to do a lot of transfer activity just to prevent relegation. Only two players from the promotion push stayed in my starting eleven. I've got some good free transfers coming in; the problem is, they're all foreign players, so I'm not sure how the team will shape up. It's a shame because I normally prefer homegrown players - it's just impossible to sign domestic players that will improve the squad for a reasonable price or wages.

Here's a glance at my financial situation - in terms of wages, we'd be about middle of the road for a League One team. Unfortunately it looks like a lot of my key players aren't willing to extend their contracts past 2018, so I could have a problem next season...

I took a big risk in selling record goalscorer Craig Dolan to league rivals Derby, but I think it was the right decision in the end - he only made 6 appearances for them, scoring 0 goals, and they were relegated in the end. I'm sure he'll score plenty of goals and get plenty of bookings for diving - in League One next year!

Here were some of my stars:

Miguel Angel - a free transfer from Huddersfield, he is my most valuable player after a year. Like Hammell, he's not very good defensively, but makes up for it in attacking ability and effort.

Radek Matousek - broke the transfer record to sign this kid. He was very good for the first half of the season, when I played him as an advanced playmaker and he led the team in assists. But we were conceding too many goals, so I switched to 4-2-3-1 and played him as an anchor man. Our defending was better, but his ratings suffered because he's not really suited for that role.

Paul Robinson - his performances were terrible at best, but you couldn't ask for a better captain. I'm trying to resign him as a backup, but he won't accept the role, which is a shame because he's willing to take a significant pay cut...

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11         Blue Square North         1st            Promoted - Champions
2011/12         Blue Square Premier       2nd            Lost in Playoff Final
2012/13         Blue Square Premier       1st            Promoted - Champions
2013/14         League Two                1st            Promoted - Champions
2014/15         League One                19th           None
2015/16         League One                2nd            Promoted
2016/17         Championship              19th           None

Boston United - Season 2009/10 - Blue Square North

Media Prediction - 12th
Actual position - 6th

Final League Table

Transfers

Season got off to a poor start, seeing us as low as the relegation places, after such a great pre-season run, i was optimistic, but as soon as the league started, that optimism was soon gone, thankfully, this was purely the team needing time to gel. and my January we found ourselves floating in media prediction territory of mid-table, and then we just kept going, storming into the play-off places by march, reaching a high of 3rd, but then we hit a block of the top teams and we just couldn't hold our own that high up, and we just missed out on the play-off places on the last day of the season, due to a late Vauxhall motors equaliser to cancel out our earlier penalty which would have secured 4th. The equaliser meant we missed out purely on Goal difference. I can understand this however, since only one of our strikers has really been getting many goals, with the others only ever putting in periodically good performances

In the Cups, our best run came in the FA cup, where we reached the 1st round of the competition (getting through 3 of the qualifying rounds) where we nearly matched league 1's Plymouth Argyle, we eventually bowed out against them however, with a 2-1 loss. The only cup where i was unable to meet expectations was the FA trophy, where we were thrown up against Eastbourne boro in the first round, and they basically annihilated us 5-0

Key Players

Paul Barrett - Signed by Bostons previous manager while they were unplayable, but only put in 2 performances under that regime, made an impressive 50 games this term for me, bagging 10 goals (8 in the league) and 18 assists (16 in the league). And was declared fans player of the year.

Sol Davies - Former Luton and Swindon Left back, signed him up after Luton released him at the start of the season, suffered a few small injuries, but none long enough to prevent him playing a good 35 games in his debut season

Jon Froggatt - Probably the single biggest asset provided when i joined the club, scoring a healthy 27 goals in 49 games, as well as providing 10 assists and getting 10 MoM awards. He was the top scorer in the BSN this season having had to pull from behind after our poor start but eventually pulling through to bag a total of 22 goals in the league over 41 apps.

Targets for next season

Make it into the play-offs, and maybe promotion if we get that far - but to do that, i'll need to find a strke partner for Jon Froggatt that can actually hit the back of the net consistently

Season     League           F Pos      Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10   Blue Square North  6th      N/A

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2074/75

Things are definitely getting more difficult now as the all-T&M squad attempts to win the major trophies.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We were always in with a chance of winning it but just couldn't catch Newcastle as we kept throwing away silly points.

Community Shield - a late winner in a match we deserved to win.

UEFA Super Cup - a superb second half got us the win.

FIFA Club World Cup - a lesson in taking penalties was given in our win.

Carling Cup - we rotated the squad but nothing prepared us for this.

FA Cup - an unspectacular run found us in the final, which we lost.

UEFA Champions League - we were looking good but an extra time winner from Roma in the quarter final sent us crashing out.

Squad - we are still relying on a small number of stars as we've been a bit short on new talent recently.

Key Player Profiles:

Geoff Tynan - still the star, although injury has prevented him from hitting top form.

Lee Woodward - the second striker also had a decent year.

Harry Phillips - his personal problems haven't stopped him from performing well.

Ashley Batchelor - nothing spectacular, but gets the job done.

Graham Connor - the backup winger has been impressive.

Career Overview

2073/74    Barclays Premier League  2nd       FA Cup and Champions League winners
2074/75    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Club World Cup winners, FA Cup finalists

Next Season

Simple aim, win a major trophy.

uuurghhh... seems i'm suffering my usual "Second Season Syndrome", whatever team i play with, after a succcessful first season, the players suddenly perform like a bunch of clowns were put on the pitch... we seem to have forgotten where the playoff places are because we're certainly nowhere near them

Boston United - Season 2009/10 - Blue Square North

Media Prediction - 4th

Actual position - 4th (somehow!)

League

Transfers

Once again, season started poorly, and up until November, we hung around in mid table, then we remembered how to play, and we pushed back up slowly to the play-off places, once there, we never left, but we looked like we might do a repeat of last season and slip back out on the last day of the season... thankfully we didn't, and we made it to the play-offs. Unfortunately, we lost in the semi finals 3-2 on aggregate to Tamworth. So its season 3 in the Blue Square north, and this time, i've told the board i'll get that promotion.

Cup performances were all very poor this season, not meeting the boards expectations in any of them

Key Players

Paul Barratt - Once again, the left winger proved instumental in our ambitions, gaining the fan player of the year for the second season in a row

Antoine Sibierski - the former Wigan striker was signed from Hyde. A good player for much of the season, only problem is his age and therefore fast deterioration of stats, should be useful for next season, but will only be short term

Oscar Jansson - Another premier league reject came in my first season in the form of Spurs Reserve GK Jansson, despite his age, he has been pretty good in goal, however, his concentration and composure are his weak points. Not that those stats, and the fact he is playing for a BSN side seem to bother Sweden manager Lars Lagerback who has him in the international squad as third choice keeper (although, understandably, he is yet to play)

Targets for next season

Promotion - i know it can be done, we just need to avoid the end of season slump of the past two seasons

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10   Blue Square North  6th      N/A
2010/11   Blue Square North  4th      Lost in Playoff Semi Final

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2075/76

Last season wasn't great so I was hoping for a major trophy this season.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We hit the ground running and never looked back, no one even looked close to catchng us.

Carling Cup - we rotated the squad again but were unlucky ot lose to Liverpool.

FA Cup - it was a crazy run but we blew it in the final.

UEFA Champions League - we were so close to getting knocked out, twice, but we made easy work of the final.

Squad - we are still being carried by a small number of stars, we really could do with a new one coming through as it has been a while.

Key Player Profiles:

Geoff Tynan - this would have been his greatest season had he not missed so much through injury.

Iain Percival - his attributes don't look too impressive, but he's playing really well.

Stuart Funnell - he's no longer used as a utility player as he has made the DC position his own.

Billy Morrison - he's a bit of a hero as he keeps performing despite looking a bit rubbish.

Stuart Osborne - 13 goals from a defender is crazy stuff!

Career Overview

2074/75    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Club World Cup winners, FA Cup finalists
2075/76    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL and CL winners, FA Cup finalists

Next Season

With the Premier League and Champions League double complete, there's not really a lot left for me to aim for. Perhaps my next aim could be to try and complete the next eight or so seasons that might put me in with a chance of a new stadium?

All T&M World Cup, shirley?

The England boss seems unsackable, he's failed to qualify for two successive tournaments and he's still in a job!

If the FA ever sees sense I would jump at the chance to manage England, but last time the job came up I didn't get it :(

The England boss seems unsackable, he's failed to qualify for two successive tournaments and he's still in a job!

If the FA ever sees sense I would jump at the chance to manage England, but last time the job came up I didn't get it :(

Thats very odd first of all! I agree that the best thing to go for. Are you keeping motivated? I saw a challenge on another thread involving getting one outfield player in your team to get 750 apperances in the premiership. takes like 20 seasons i think though. just a suggestion anyway if you fancy merging a challenge with a challenge

Chippenham Town - Season 2009/10 - Blue Square South

Lets Try this again

Media Prediction - 21st

Actual position - 4th

League Table

Transfers

Brilliant first season, began well, gaining 3 draws on the trot... but then we started to slip... with multiple losses, eventually, we found our form, and never looked back, lauched ourselves all the way up the table and into the place-off places by the end of the season. We were handed a tough draw in the play-off semi final against Havent & Waterlooville, which we won 4-2 on aggregate, followed by beating braintree in the final on penalties after 0-0 aet.

Key Players

Ian Deakin - one of my more useful signings this season, keeping a nice number of clean sheets... and despite what my ass man says... he is better than my other GK

Niel Harvey - top scorer, the Barbados International was the one person to really propell us up the table, but a better srtikeforce will be needed in the blue square Premier

Targets for next season

Consolidation in the Blue Square Premier

2009/10   Blue Square North  4th      Promoted Via Play-offsl

Thats very odd first of all! I agree that the best thing to go for. Are you keeping motivated? I saw a challenge on another thread involving getting one outfield player in your team to get 750 apperances in the premiership. takes like 20 seasons i think though. just a suggestion anyway if you fancy merging a challenge with a challenge

I've definitely lost a bit of my motivation, getting success with the all-T&M squad happened much quicker than I was expecting, I missed out on the battle.

Highest league appearances for an outfield player I've had is 613 (695 for a goalie), I don't think I could get to 750, certainly not before FM2011 is released.

Archived