dafuge's FM10 challenge

You don't have to if you really don't want to. It just makes better reading for us as we might recognise the odd player.

You've just made me feel guilty for wanting to untick that box.

I think that I will leave that box unticked as i'll end up using tips people have told me and that is not what FM is about for me.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You've just made me feel guilty for wanting to untick that box.

I think that I will leave that box unticked as i'll end up using tips people have told me and that is not what FM is about for me.

That's not a problem, we often have a few people who play without real names.

I have officially started my second Dafuge Challenge Season! :) I'm glad to be back and its good to see some familiar faces and a lot of extra people joining in.

Last year i picked FC United as the club i would take to Glory. This year, i've reloaded a few times to see what teams i could get and i have finally chosen Carshalton Athletic. The reasons were because i wanted to follow on from the first year of chosing a team that wears Red, being a Man Utd fan.

Here is My Profile

A few facts about the team i've picked...

1. They wear Red.

2. They are predicted 19th place.

3. They have 2 players already joining the club soon (Ben Judge and Ishmael Welsh).

4. They own their own stadium, which has an 8,000 (240 seated) capacity stadium called War Memorial Sports Ground.

5. They have Fairly Basic corporate facilities, Fairly Basic Training Facilities and Basic youth facilities.

6. The clubs Fierce Rivals are Sutton Utd.

7. The clubs Other Rivals are AFC Wimbledon.

8. The club is valued at 300k.

9. The club has some history after winning the Isthmian First Division South back in 2003.

So with the club already having some history, a nice enough Stadium (this time being owned by the club), and fair enough tools to do the job, i'm pretty sure i'm going to have some success over the next couple of seasons. Beyond that will be totally down to my management of the team.

I'm currently running an Online Clan so i wont have as much time as i did last year to do the challenge, but i hope i can complete it this year :)Wish me luck!!!

Good to see you again Hrbfcrule :) I shall be following your progress too, thats assuming you are doing the challenge :D

Thanks Terk haha, i'm guessing your a Leeds fan for some reason. If not then Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea, or even Man City? Its just the way you said it why i think Leeds lol.

I'm having trouble finding targets for my team, i've let the dead wood go using the reports on them to determine who is dead wood. I've also let the Ass Man go and assigned a really good one for my number 2. I've signed 1 Goalkeeper, 2 Central Def, 1 Left Mid, 2 Right Def, 1 Striker and 2 Central Mid. As you can see i still have a long way to go to make up a good team. I still have about 6 or 7 of the original players, so if it comes to it and i cant sign anyone else, then i still have a team assembled.

1 point to note is my original goalkeeper is already great and probably best in the league maybe, but i've signed James Gilpin who i also signed on another game save i have. Between the 2, i guess James Gilpin is slightly not as good, but hes only 19! :)

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2031/32

After four years of complete dominance, I decided it was time to try and work on the club's finances while hopefully still maintaining a similar level of success.

League Table

League Positions Graph

With a lot of new players, we took time to settle and pretty much ruled ourselves out the the title early on. Things did pick up but we just couldn't compete with Man City.

Community Shield - this was a great way to start the season, which made me think my gambles had paid off.

UEFA Super Cup - beaten for a former and future player. The barcelona team featured three of my players who cost them a total of £130m!

FIFA Club World Cup - another close game which made it four in a row.

FA Cup - things were looking good until we met Man City.

Carling Cup - back to old habits, getting knocked out in our first game, against Arsenal.

UEFA Champions League - the group stage was easy enough and things were looking good after an 8-3 demolition of Man Utd. Real Madrid were a different matter though, after snatching a late draw at home we just couldn't get a result at the Bernabéu.

Transfers - £100m profit meant the transfers had done wonders for our finances, but we suffered on the pitch. Selling both star strikers was a mistake, as the replacements and youngsters just couldn't replace them.

Squad - replacing the superstars with young talent hurt us, it is going to take us a while to get back to where we were.

Key Player Profiles:

Chris Blackmore - he was the one bright spot of the year, with a stunning season from the winger.

Emilio Sacchi - he was supposed to be the goal machine to replace Sesma, but it just didn't happen. He looks quality though, so I'm hoping he will improve.

Paul Ramm - the battering Ramm was awesome from headers from set pieces.

Alessandro Anelli - another great season from the winger.

John Punal - the fact he is still just 15 is staggering. He wasn't anything special but he got given a decent number of matches.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners

Next Season

Next season is our centenary year, which I was hoping to celebrate with something special. Instead it looks like we are going to be trying to reclaim our lost crowns. I'm confident in the players we have, but they need time to come good.

The European Championships are coming up with Turkey next, so there is bound to be a twist in my international career.

Not such a good season compared to the last 4 Dafuge? Chris Blackmore looks like a beast! I don't think i've seen anyone like him to be honest. I guess it didnt pay off in the short term, but you never know for the long term! :) KUTGW.

Just got Metropolitan Police as a Feeder Club lol, maybe my players can be a bit more aggressive during matches and get away with it :)

Not such a good season compared to the last 4 Dafuge? Chris Blackmore looks like a beast! I don't think i've seen anyone like him to be honest. I guess it didnt pay off in the short term, but you never know for the long term! :) KUTGW.

I'd been taking too many risks financially, I had to make a large profit to get the club back on track. If I can get back to the top within the next two or three years I'll be happy.

Dafuge - I'd been taking too many risks financially, I had to make a large profit to get the club back on track. If I can get back to the top within the next two or three years I'll be happy.

Be carefull, this is what happened to me once before and over the 2 seasons my performance dropped, only winning the rubbish cups and was let go at the end of my contract.

GreyedOutMan - Blackmore looks a beast...but "winger"? Are you sure? He looks more like a defensive midfielder to me....

I think you are looking at the wrong person, he looks like a born winger with some Def Mid skills to make him a insane. I love his stats and i'm not suprised he ripped the Premier League up.

Blackmore looks a beast...but "winger"? Are you sure? He looks more like a defensive midfielder to me....

I would have played him there if his tackling, marking and jumping were better. It would also be a waste of his creativity as my DM is usually quite defensive.

6 Games into my first season at Carshalton. Well it's definately different to my first season i had with FC United.

First game we played Dover and lost 2 - 0 to my shock as i thought i'd built a good team. Second game went the same way with a 2 - 0 loss to Dartford.

That left us in 22nd place and made me start to wonder what i'd done wrong. The next game didnt turn out well either but we picked up a point after a 0 - 0 draw with Gloucester.

Things started to pick up with a close 3 - 2 victory over Newport and then a massive 5 - 1 victory over Staines. The high score victory started to make me think we just had a bad start but we are about to start dominating, only for us to draw 0 - 0 with Staines...

So far we are 10th place and it seems i'm in for a fight to get to the play-offs. I've just signed a new Striker to try solve the problem (Shaun Jeffers) but he failed to score against Staines.

Playing through this season quite slowly, my game time has been diminished over the last week or so. Currently just into the second half of the season, still hanging around the play-off places. Ebbsfleet threatening to pull away from the pack.

I think we've become the world's dullest team to watch. We were starting to ship a few goals, so I made a tactical shift and our last 6 results have been;

Canvey 0-0 Barnet

Grays 0-0 Canvey

Canvey 1-0 Farnborough

Canvey 2-1 Merthyr

Welling 0-0 Canvey

Canvey 1-0 Woking

Might have tipped the balance a bit too much in favour of defence :D

I think we've become the world's dullest team to watch. We were starting to ship a few goals, so I made a tactical shift and our last 6 results have been;

Canvey 0-0 Barnet

Grays 0-0 Canvey

Canvey 1-0 Farnborough

Canvey 2-1 Merthyr

Welling 0-0 Canvey

Canvey 1-0 Woking

Might have tipped the balance a bit too much in favour of defence :D

thats very impressive, 5 clean sheets in 6 games:eek:, i can never seem to create a good defence so i always seem to concede a fair few goals but also score quite a few too.

EDIT: Thats as many clean sheets as ive had all season (ive played 46 games so far this season):o

thats very impressive, 5 clean sheets in 6 games:eek:, i can never seem to create a good defence so i always seem to concede a fair few goals but also score quite a few too.

That's what usually happens to me as well, but I was sick of conceding stupid goals (I know, considering the level I'm at I'm going to have to get used to stupid goals) so I spent about two hours this morning going through the strengths and weaknesses of each of my defenders and playing about with the sliders accordingly. It's working well right now, but the confidence of my squad has seemed pretty fragile this season, so I'm still worried that if one team sticks a few past us then the confidence could plummet and we could be in for a tough end to the season.

This year my defence have adopted the Red Sea approach - fortunetly I'm grinding out enough results to be hanging on in 2nd.

I'm trying to work out why my team are suddenly fouling so much, with no change in tactics my foul count has gone up by 6 or 7 a match, which means of course that the incredible free kick specalists of opposing sides are scoring.

Ive had enough and have switched to commentary only, as i can no longer watch my stupid defence and attack. since the switch ive won 2 out of 2. desperate for points so ill try anything, gonna stick with this and see what happens. one of my 'better' (i use this term loosely) defenders has just come back from a 2 month injury so hopefully things will pick up.

Bedford BSN 2010/2011

im currently 14th with 20 points after 15 games. but only 5 points out of play-offs and 11 off top spot.

Sutton Utd Championship 2015/16

Competitions:

Fa Cup: Lost in 4th round 2-1 to Chelsea

League Cup: lost in 3rd round to Southampton 1-0

League: 14th

League Table

Squad, Transfers

Got off to one of my worsts starts ever in fm, we managed just 1 win in the 1st save games leaving us rock bottom. I slight tactical change and the differenced showed with 3 wins and a draw in the next four games. We were consistently inconsistint, we beat league leaders 1-0 at home then losing 3-0 to 22nd place. We were never in the relegation zone since the mini revival after my terrible start.

Player/s of the Season

Michele del Vecchio - a solid season and a very useful player to have due to my small squad size. he could play both right back and right mid with equal ability.

Miguel Angel - Top scorer although that isnt really saying much with only 19 goals in his 40 odd appearances

Ezio Massaro - Didn't play as well as i thought he would in the championship, but he is only 22 and according to my assistant he can still improve

Cups

In the league cup we managed to get to the 3rd round for the 1st time and should have got further but for a disappointing 1-0 loss to southampton

Fa cup wasnt much better we comfortably beat peterborough 3-0, but lost to the better team in the 4th round, losing 2-1 to chelsea

Finances:

Greatly helped by the profit i made from selling players, tried not to spend too much as i really want to save up for a new stadium as we are regularly filling it out.

[color=black]Career so far:[/color]

[color=black]Season    League                   Position    Achievements[/color]
[color=black]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]

[color=black]2010/11   Blue Square South       2nd      Promoted via playoffs[/color]
[color=black]2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st      Automatic Promotion [/color]
[color=black]2012/13   League 2                3rd      Automatic Promotion[/color]
2013/14   League 1                7th      N/A
2014/15   League 1                1st      Automatic Promotion
2015/16   Championship            14th     N/A

2016-2017-Season Review-Kings Lynn-BSP

We had a great start to the season and at the halfway stage we were 7 points clear only dropping points in one draw and one defeat. After that we hit the self destruct button and started sliding down the table. With 7 games to go we were 7 points from top in 5th level on points with the playoff chasers. We regained some of our early season form and pulled away from the playoff chasers but didnt really catch the leaders. We finished 5th so we went into the playoffs again.

In the FA cup we cruised into the first round and then we got drawn away to L2 Morecambe. This was when we were in really good form and we put them out comfortably. We then got drawn at home to L2 Grimsby. We should have won the game but it went to a replay and the lads just didn't have enough quality.

We were drawn against Walsall in the playoff semi with the first leg at the Walks Stadium. We lost this leg 1-0. Which was disappointing as it was the home leg. However, in the second leg at the Bescott we dominated and ran out 3-0 winners. We were into the final against Macclesfield. We took the lead through Kyle Wilson but got pegged back. Final Score 1-1. We went into extra time and I got two injuries so I changed my side slightly using 3 subs. We then got another injury so we were down to 10 men for the last 10 minutes. In the last minute of the game a through ball was played through to Sean Fitzharris and he slotted home sending the Kings Lynn faithful into song. That was the last action of the game and Kings Lynn are promoted into the Football League. Macclesfield 1-2 Kings Lynn

STARS OF THE SEASON

Nick Main

Tom Lees

Alvin Alexander

Sam Tillen

Jared Hodgkiss

BSP-5th

League Positions Graph

FA Cup-2nd round v Grimsby

FA Trophy-4th round v Boston Utd

Manager Overview

Transfers

Next season survival is the main aim.

Career Summary

Season    League                            Position       Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square North                 18th           None
2011/12   Blue Square North                 4th            Promoted via Playoffs
2012/13   Blue Square Premier               16th           None
2013/14   Blue Square Premier	            19th           None
2014/15   Blue Square Premier	            16th           None
2015/16	  Blue Square Premier	            3rd            Playoff Semi losers
2016/17	  Blue Square Premier	            5th	           Promoted via Playoffs

Turkey - European Championship - 2032

Although we were unbeaten, qualification was not quite as simple as I was expecting as Wales put up a great challenge for top spot.

The group stage drew us against Austria, Bulgaria and Spain. Second place looks like the aim, I doubt we could beat Spain.

Austria vs Turkey (group stage)

We hit them hard early on and the early goals settled it quickly. Spain managed one better though, beating Bulgaria 5-0.

Turkey vs Spain (group stage)

After a fantastic start we found ourselves hanging on as Spain showed their class. In the end a deflected free kick settled it. I think this means we need a draw against Bulgaria, although if Austria beat Spain and we win then we'll need to get the calculators out.

Turkey vs Bulgaria (group stage)

We wasted a series of early chances but eventually broke them down and ended any interest in the match.

Final Group Table

Austria clawed back a draw but by that time it was all over. We got the result we were expecting. Finishing second means we have a tough match next in England.

England vs Turkey (quarter final)

We were unlucky really, as we clawed one back only to suffer a late winner by Tom Phillips, the man responsible for Man City's success.

International Career Overview

Year      Country       Competition                   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2030      Italy         FIFA World Cup                Winners
2032      Turkey        European Championship         Quarter Finals

Next Season

My performance with Turkey really was a step backwards for them after the success they had at the last World Cup. I've immediately resigned and will wait until this tournament finishes in the hope of picking up a new job.

I'd like to take a team from outside of Europe to the next World Cup, but I'll have to wait and see what turns up. There may well be another interesting European job available after this tournament finishes.

Hastings United, Season 2013-14 – Season Four, Blue Square South

Summary

Be prepared for disappointment. After three seasons of consistent improvement, we were almost back to square one this season.

Transfers

Peter Preston isnt the most gifted player. He was brought in because the team had a distinct lack of height. And for that reason only. He is the 2nd tallest player in the world, and solved a very specific problem. It necessitated a change in formation to play three centre-backs which I think could work well in the long term though clearly it didn’t this year, as you’ll see. Rimmer had a great season on loan at the club, and Budtz was brought in as goalkeeping cover. He did well when called on, conceding just 5 goals in 7 games.

Competition Reports

Blue Square South

Only a good run at the end of the season drove us to safety in a very poor year.

The Final Table this season. As far as we’re concerned, the table tells a lie. A six game unbeaten run at the end of the year took us to safety, after a season which was dogged by the constant threat of relegation. This illustrates that.

The e.on FA Cup

BSP mid-tablers Stevenage proved they were in the right league!

The FA Trophy

A decent performance against a top BSP team here. We got close to a bit of an upset.

The squad.

With selected stats for all competitions, ordered by the amount of time they spent on the pitch – a rough guide to their importance to the team I suppose. Whole team on screen this time.

Evidence of a fairly shocking season really.

Key Players

Phil Parkin

He really is some player! Easily the best player we’ve got.

Andrew Hawksworth

Mr. Consistency. He’s always done a job for me and I will be pulling out all the stops to keep him at the club this summer.

Carl Francis

A good player, Carl. Very dependable and a good foil for Parkin.

Marcus Cassius

Slightly disappointing this season but 16 goals means he is a very valuable player for us. Will be looking for him to score at least 20 next year. Lake-Gaskin’s 6 goals means he will probably be sold this summer.

Tommy Warren

For a youngster, he had a good year, in a struggling team.

Notable others:

None really. Hatton was really disappointing as was Lake-Gaskin. We will be looking for big improvements next year. Some youngsters will come up from the U18s and reserves.

Finances

We have stabilised this year, though again, investment to the tune of £220,000 helps! Next season should see a dramatic reduction but will not see a promotion push.

Club Records and Awards

>> Lowest Attendance: 239 v Eastleigh, 4th January

>> Highest Scoring Game (and League Game): 3-5 v Farnborough, 1st March

>> Most Games Lost in a Row: 4, 11th to 29th March

>> Most Games Without Winning: 11, 26th December to 15th February

>> Oldest Player: Jan Budtz – 35 y 13 d, v Grays, 3rd May

Cumulative records (will be published every season as long as the holder is at the club):

>> Most League Apps for the Club: Phil Parkin – 146 – RECORD EXTENDED

>> Most League Goals for the Club: Marcus Cassius – 44 – RECORD BROKEN

>> Fans’ Player of the Year: Phil Parkin

FPOY wins:

Phil Parkin: 3

Louis Lavers: 1

MY team of the year:

Scarsella

Hawksworth – Preston – Parkin – Francis – Rimmer

Hatton – Hall – Warren

Cassius – Lake-Gaskin

Subs: Budtz, Dunk, Evans, Male, Lavers, Reid, Hunt.

Overall XI….Warren, Francis and Male were all inducted this year.

New Youth Cohort

This year’s pick of the bunch for me, in a year when quite a few look decent but none outstanding.

BIG step backwards this season has convinced me to concentrate on improving finances for a bit. I will be looking to offload anyone who wasn’t great last year, and concentrate on improving my youth players. If they can keep me in the league for a few years, hopefully then I can start looking at improving the facilities so that more Phil Parkins can come through…

Previous Seasons:

Season One (2010-11)

Season Two (2011-12)

Season Three (2012-13)

Welsh Wizard - Carshalton - Coca-Cola League 1 - 2014/15 - Season 5

Table | Past Positions Graph | Player Stats

Predicted: 24th

Finished: 2nd Automatic Promotion

Great season and a shock promotion I was thinking avoiding relegation would be a great achivement. I think I need to believe in my team more:D.

FA Cup - Lost in 3rd round vs Burnley

League Cup - Lost in 1st round vs Plymouth

JPT - Lost in S 1st round vs Watford

Team Stats

Team General

Transfers

Finances

Finances will need to improve and I hope the championship and a cup run will help them. Stadium could do with upgrading as It can hold 8000 but only 240 seats :eek: but need the funds first.

Key Players

David - Rock in defence and good at scoring from set-pieces.

Norwood - Most assists in a season for the club.

Targets

Decent cup run to ease debt

Improve squad and get rid of dead wood

Avoid Relegation

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSS                 1st                       Promotion
2011/12       BSP                 4th                       Play-off Winners
2012/13       L2                  12th                      
2013/14       L2                  4th                       Play-off Winners
2014/15       L1                  2nd                       Promotion

Cheers guys - would you agree with my assessment that stabilisation is the name of the game for a few years, at the expense of progress up the leagues?

yes but if you are losing money every season you are going to have to cut your wage bill. Also if your youth facilities are awful for the standard of the league don't bother with entering into the u18 league (it saves a bit of money).

A week without FM was long enough for me to get bored of my Truro save when I tried to continue it :( So having finally gotten round to reading TT10, it's time to start again.

Hopefully I'll be able to build more of an attachment to Tooting, I struggle with saves unless I'm fond of the club in question. Spurs as a parent would help in that department, not that it will happen.

Game on.

I'm absolutely close to doing a quadruple here. Leading in the Prem with games in hand, won the Carling Cup, into the Europa Final against Villa and have a FA Cup Final against Arsenal. Just had to go through around 5 games with a day between each due to fixture pileup. Lost one but won the rest including a 4-1 thrashing of Juventus in the second leg of the semi after being down a goal from the first leg. Now to close out the season. Prem almost wrapped up and a few points in the remaining few games or bad results for the chasers sees me winning.

T-Rex - I shall be watching you also :) I don't know whats wrong with my team but we started the season rubbish.

First 10 Games we won 2, drew 4 and lost 4.

Since then we have won 3 in a row, then we lost 1 and then won the last league game.

We had a good run in the FA Cup reaching the 1st round, and we almost shocked Gillingham as we played really well, but they got 2 quick goals late on to win 2 - 0.

I'm hoping that cup run will inspire us to do well in the FA Trophy and maybe win it? :)

[Edit] Just drawn Grays Athletic (BSP Team) in the First Round... The Joys :(

Boston Utd - Coca-Cola League 1 - 2019/20

Final Position - 1st

Predicted Finish - 18th

Final League Table

Positions Graph

My club dominated start to finish and I am onto the Championship now.

My star player, signed from France and he was incredible for my club this year and totally dominated at this level.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z204/mike_bayes/Football%20Manager/Dafuge%20Challenge/2017-18/ScreenShot025.gif

Career Overview

Boston Utd
Season        Division                    Position                 Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North           9th                   None
2011/12       Blue Square North           3rd                   Promoted (through playoff)
2012/13       Blue Square Premier         11th                  FA Trophy Winners
2013/14       Blue Square Premier         3rd                   None
2014/15       Blue Square Premier         3rd                   None
2015/16       Blue Square Premier         3rd                   None
2016/17       Blue Square Premier         4th                   Promoted (through playoff)
2017/18       Coca-Cola League 2          1st                   Promoted
2018/19       Coca-Cola League 1          12th                  None
2019/20       Coca-Cola League 1          1st                   Promoted

Archived