dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it just me or is everyone else's fans disappointed about nearly every player you've sold regardles of how well they are doing?

I don't usually get a comment, if I do it's the other team's fans praising the other manager for his wheeling and dealing as I'm offloading some player I don't need for cheap. My fans have only been disappointed with losing Pinto, that I can remember.

Is it just me or is everyone else's fans disappointed about nearly every player you've sold regardles of how well they are doing?

Happens more than it should i think but not for every player.

Had a few they were pleased about me selling!

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Coca-Cola League 2 - 2014/15

The playoff final defeat last season was hard to take but we we destined to bounce back.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We had a slow start but once we caught up we were unstoppable. Without rotating the squad in the run in we could have easily made 100 points.

FA Cup - we were fine until we met quality opposition.

Carling Cup - we were pretty unlucky to lose to Leeds.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - another decent run but another loss in the semis.

Transfers - the Irish clubs are financing us at the moment but we gave a bit back as we paid for our first ever player.

Squad - with a couple of additions this squad should be good enough for League 1.

Key Player Profiles:

Craig McShea - once again he had a great season for us, top scoring from the AMC position.

Michael Hall - another solid performance on the wing.

Danijel Subotic - the best goalscoring record at the club, shame he was injured for a bit of the season.

Lukman Hurana - without a doubt the best signing I've made, he was out of contract for over a year and finally decided to join us.

Borislav Baldzhiyski - Boris did a decent job on the wing.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions

Next Season

I'm feeling pretty confident about next season, with the extra season in League 2 after the playoff loss I think we have assembled a decent squad. With a few key signings I think we could push for a playoff place.

G. Keenan's FC United- 2023/2024 Season Review- Premier League

Season review: This was easily my best season in the Premier League to date despite the fact that we only matched our previous best of 10th place, it just felt like we could beat any team on any given day. If you look at the league table graph you will see that we were a solid mid table team all year and even threatened to push into the European places at one point, but it didn't quite shake out that way and we settled for 10th. Wagner continued to lead the line winning player of the year for the 2nd time in 3 seasons, he was also the leagues top scorer for the 2nd time in 3 seasons, Wagner also finally made his international debut (at 24) for Brazil and rather characteristically he marked the occasion with a hat-trick. We had a takeover, the new chairman pumped £30m into the club to pay off the the rather reckless debt I had run up (If you give me money to spend I'm going to spend it!).

League Table

Graph

Squad

Finances

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          5th         None
2011/12    Blue Square North          1st         Promoted, BSN champions
2012/13    Blue Square Premier        7th         None
2013/14    Blue Square Premier        3rd         Promoted, playoffs
2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2         22nd        None
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 2         3rd         Promoted
2016/17    Coca-Cola League 1         16th        None
2017/18    Coca-Cola League 1         1st         Promoted, L1 Champions
2018/19    Coca-Cola Championship     15th        None
2019/20    Coca-Cola Championship     5th         None
2020/21    Coca-Cola Championship     6th         Promoted, playoffs
2021/22    Premier League             10th        None
2022/23    Premier League             12th        None
2023/24    Premier League             10th        None

Greenwhitearmy - Merthyr Tydfi - 2010/11 - Blue Square South

An impressive first season for me in gaining promotion via playoffs, I started off very strong and I was first after 20 games. The cups were pretty bad though but tbh i wasn't really concentrating on the cups just the league. I played a Counter-Attacking 4-4-2 which got me the most goals in the league. The finances are the downside in 170k in the red but hopefully I can help that by getting a few big teams in for friendlys next year. But overall great season and here are the screenshots:

League Table -As i've said we did well getting 4th place and promotin

Playoff Final - the stats were against me but I still won

FA Cup -as I said the cups were bad

FA Trophy - better then the FA Cup

Squad -made about 10 transfers in all

Key Player - this guy was brilliant, scoring at the right moments and assisting too, played in the attacking Advanced Playmaker role.

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted via playoffs

dlnwba86 - Season 2 - King's Lynn - Blue Square North

Final Position: 2nd

Well after losing to Fleetwood in the Play-Off Final last year, we had all the tools necessary to go out and win the league. After a good start we were top after 6 games and stayed comfortably ahead for the rest of the season, until THIS HAPPENED!!!!

To say i was mortified is an understatement, we just lost it completely and Chester never looked like dropping points in those final few games. So after being top for 34 games of the season, we still had to do it the hard way via the play-offs. A 4-2 win at Stafford and a 2-1 home win set-up a final against Southport.

Final

We got off to a great start when our player of the season and BSN leading scorer Graham Boyle fired in after 33 seconds. Memories of last year's agony came flooding back though when Daly equalised for Southport with 10 minutes of normal time remaining. However, my hero, Fabio Ferreira fired in a 90th minute winner and sent The Linnets into the Blue Square Premier.

Cup-wise: FA Cup 1st round, lost to St. Albans

FA Trophy, 3rd Round, lost to Eastwood.

Finances aren't looking too bad at the moment and hopefully i can get rid of some fringe players before the start of the season.

Here is the Squad that did the job and i feel that it has the potential to finish in the top 10 next season, although BSP is usually where i struggle so we really have to wait and see.

Career

Season 1 - BSN - 2nd - Play-Off Finalists -

Season 2 - BSN - 2nd - Play-Off Winners - Promotion

Spartansteen - Jordan Latimer - Nuneaton Town

Season Review 2013/14

I'm shocked to say the least, from surviving relegation on my first time in league football, but to finish 9th seemed to be an amazing achievement of mine. Fa cup was very poor, lost 1st round home to wrexham 1-0, JPT was okay got to semi's of northen tier. Next season i think we can push on for a play off spot :confused:

League Table http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/vv78/Spartansteen09/?action=view&current=L2table.jpg

Transfers http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/vv78/Spartansteen09/?action=view&current=TransfersL2.jpg My regen striker got stolen by my parent club :thdn:

Next season:

* Find a new regen or 2

* Find a better coach

* Get to 3rd round of fa cup

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North        1st            Promoted, BSN Champions
2011/12        Blue Square Prem         10th           Fa Cup 3rd Round
2012/13        Blue Square Prem         1st            BSP Champions, FA  Trophy Winners
2013/14        L2                       9th            None

Good work to all the above posters on some excellent seasons.

A question to those with a few seasons under their belts, do you find its absolutely critical to have a midfielder with a good tackling attribute?

Only prutton has decent tackling in my midfield and the team seems to collapse when he doesn't play

A question to those with a few seasons under their belts, do you find its absolutely critical to have a midfielder with a good tackling attribute?

Only prutton has decent tackling in my midfield and the team seems to collapse when he doesn't play

I'd say so. Recently I signed a quality DM (Lukman Hurana) and it made a massive difference to my team. He's not the best tackler but it makes a huge difference having a quality defensive player.

It'll depend on your tactic really, but a quality defensive midfielder will help a lot, regardless of tackling stat. A good anticipation/positioning stat can certainly make up for not being able to tackle!

In my side I have one that sits back and intercepts any loose passes (good anticipation), and a bit of a terrier-style central midfielder with good stamina and work-rate to hassle the opposition midfield, and finally a kind of Frank Lampard goal-scoring midfielder, except he usually doesn't score off the defenders' arses :)

After talking about this all week long at work my brother has finally swayed and we started a multiplayer game of it like the old days of CM 97/98 in our youth(ish).

So after much nashing of teeth, holidaying and banging head on desk we finally got under way.

King's Lynn and Boston Utd.

Both are close in reputation and stadium so here we go. I suspect it may take some months!

It certainly makes a difference.

Whenever I have to play 2 central midfielders with bad tackling I tend to struggle and the opponents have more longs shots on goal then I'm comfortable with.

You could always try using the sliders so that the 2 midfielders tackle harder and close down more then usual; of course that may cause problems with the shouts as they don't have an effect if you manually change sliders.

thanks to peoples replies, i've signed a midfielder with 11 for tackling as prutton is again injured, unfortunately he is only bsp standard (i'm in L2 now) but the team has already improved although i've already blown one 3 goal lead.

I have 5 other L2 standard midfielders but none have better than 8 tackling, they are great at going foward though as you will see when i post last seasons efforts later today.

Nantwich Town - Blue Square North - 2010/11

End of the first season, which was a quite tough one for my side;

League Table

From the beginning I knew it going to be a long hard season, hopefully we will do better next season.

Would have posted more screenies but I stupidly deleted them

Career Overview

2010/11   Blue Square South        17th        none

Hopefully I can improve the squad and have a better second season.

Merthyr Tydfill BSP 2012/13

Table

Positions

FA Cup - 1st Rd

FA Trophy - 1st Rd

This was a very odd season as the team started on fire with 31 goals in the first 12 games although 17 were conceded in those games. The strikers then lost form after the fa cup loss and the defensive frailities meant i lost quite a few games. I started the season with too few defenders and when injury struck most down i had to play poor youth players, even when fit the defence shipped goals at alarming rate, 7 times i let in 3 or more and drew games when 2 or 3 goals up.

Up front things improved ( i scored 3 or more 18 times in the season) especially after xmas and i managed to comfortably qualify for the playoff but was always miles behind Aldershot who beat me 6-0 on aggregate in the league games. For the playoff semi final i beat Kettering easily by 3-0 and 4-0 before playing Mansfield in the Playoff final. A tight affair i just sneaked it.

In the FA cup i faced L1 Colchester away losing 3-1 with the winning goals in the last 15 mins, Colchester went on to reach the 6th Rd.

In the FA trophy i was thrashed 5-2 at home by Cambridge, a score which could have been worse.

Depressingly my feeder club Halesowen who are still below BSS went further than me in both competitions :o

My finances actually improved to -£150K from -£250K. This was mostly as a result of playing in the playoff final and the board putting in £180K

Squad

Transfers

In goal Gallacher played most games although Gibson replaced him towards the end of the season, both did quite well for their position.

At rightback Hunter did well when not injured, Rodgers filled in for more than half a season doing fantastic as its not his natural position. At Leftback Lovett and Noble did ok but neither have any real quality about them.

In the Centre of defence Camano looks like he has already found his level with some inconsistant displays, alongside him Craig was outstanding in his first season at the club. Veseli was disappointing and Webster an England U-20 player was a massive failure.

In Midfield the team really dipped when Prutton was missing, his contribution more valuble then his stats indicate. Noone and Millar were backup players in the centre.

On the right MacDonald got a record number of assists and was pretty good all season. Shroot provided occasional backup.

On the left Knott started the season in good form before his form completely dropped, Hussain took over even though ML is not his natural position and did really well for the second half of the season.

Up front Kisuka, Fitzharris and McShea all blew hot and cold going through barren spells and red hot scoring streaks.

Star Player - rated as leading L1/decent Championship standard he showed his class from centre midfield with a big haul of goals and assists. Hopefully he will be my attacking force for several seasons yet.

Career so far:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements

2010/11   Blue Square South        3rd         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      9th         None
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs

Surprise surprise, defeated 4-0 by Man City in the FA Cup final, but oh well it was a fun run and overall this season my bank balance has increased by about £3 million, which is excellent.

Won the league on the final day, and can now look to Championship footy next season.

Season Review coming later

EDIT - Never even noticed but by reaching the final, I'm in the Europa League next season!:D

Surprise surprise, defeated 4-0 by Man City in the FA Cup final, but oh well it was a fun run and overall this season my bank balance has increased by about £3 million, which is excellent.

Won the league on the final day, and can now look to Championship footy next season.

Season Review coming later

EDIT - Never even noticed but by reaching the final, I'm in the Europa League next season!:D

I thought the runner-up no longer qualified for a euro spot, but well done on a great run anyway, should set you up for next season.

FC United of Manchester – Blue Square North – 2012/2013

We lost several first-team players during the summer so I was a bit worried we wouldn't be up to the task at least finishing in the play-offs.

League Table

We did well to enter the playoffs, we were languishing in mid-table half way through the season but a good run of form put us in with a shout of promotion.

Play off Semi Final Leg 1

Slightly disappointing not to win, but still had a good chance.

Play off Semi Final Leg 2

Good performance, delighted to be in the final for the second time.

Play off Final

Typical, we just cannot get out of this league!

Squad

Sam Ashton – Not quite as impressive as last season, conceded some weak goals.

Nick Giddings – Summer signing performed well and kept his place.

Jamie Coyle – The loss of first-team centre-back Adam Tong mean Coyle got a chance and impressed, played in all but 1 game.

Declan Gallacher – Former Celtic defender had another solid season in the heart of the defence.

Simon Garner – Very impressive this season, carrying on from last. 13 Assists is a quality return for a full-back.

Ryan Oakley – Played a couple of games late last season but was a first choice winger this time after the loss of Carlos Roca. Effective on the right, making 14 assists.

Nick Main – His 3rd season with the first team and continues to impress.

Joe O'Sullivan – Once again he was rotated with Frankie Low and Declan Freeman as I try to find a partner for Main. Young Nick Davidson also played a few games.

George Purcell – Not a great first season with us, a couple of young wingers might get a chance next season.

Jahson Downes – I wanted another goalscorer to take the pressure a little bit off of Kyle Wilson and, despite going through a 16-game run without a goal at one point, he managed to net 20 goals. Very much a confidence player, as he did also score for 7 games running late in the season.

Kyle Wilson – Not quite as brilliant as last season, his goals were still important, finished with 28.

FA Cup

Good run to the 2nd Round, losing eventually to League 1 Exeter.

FA Trophy

Poor in this competition, only reaching the 1st Round.

Finances

Still looking good, I'm trying not to spend money on transfers to keep plenty for wages.

Do they not get a spot when the winner is already in the europa league for their league position

Looks like they do, I was wrong.

Seems like a load of news items have been incorrectly reporting on this scenario, looks like the game has it correct.

So that's my 2010/11 season with Carshalton finished and I have to say I have done much better than me and my board expected which was around a mid table finish.

Early in the season I climbed to 1st and stayed there for the rest of the season.

League Table

Graph

In the cups I also did better than the board expected me to in reaching the first round of the FA Cup and the 2nd round of the FA Trophy.

The Charlton game in the FA Cup meant my finances really weren't as bad as they could have been.

I signed loads of players throughout the season, I'm surprised they were able to play well enough as a team to win the league since i signed so many.

Transfers and more transfers.

I have to say is this has to have been my best player, he was a rock in defence and I didn't really have any prolific strikers so my defence was certainly very important.

For next season in the Blue Square Premier I hope I can get a safe mid table position and then hopefully the season after push for promotion.

Bloody hell. The board have been in process of a takeover for about three and a half months now. It's really annoying as in theory I could do with strengthening my side for a play-off push but I can't make any transfers. What's worse is that it looks like falling apart and then doesn't and then looks like falling apart again. It is very frustrating.

Bloody hell. The board have been in process of a takeover for about three and a half months now. It's really annoying as in theory I could do with strengthening my side for a play-off push but I can't make any transfers. What's worse is that it looks like falling apart and then doesn't and then looks like falling apart again. It is very frustrating.

Don't forget that you can still sign free transfers while under a transfer embargo.

Don't forget that you can still sign free transfers while under a transfer embargo.

Unfortunately the free transfers aren't going to give me much strength in depth at the moment. My scout is finding all these players who want to come and who I could offer nowt with 20% sell on clause but I can't buy them. If the takeover happens that guy best have some serious money.

15/16 - Tonbridge Angels - Blue Square Premier

I hoped we would improve on last season but we stuck to the same position and finished - disappointingly - in 16th. The media read us like a book however, and got our position spot on.

Media Prediction

Actual Finish: 16th

League Graph

We were going up and down like no man's business before eventually settling on 16th.

Transfers

Damian Ferry had been getting little first team football so it was only right to sell him - £16,000 pocketed for us.

FA Cup

We played very well but Hartlepool were the better team and we escaped with a narrow 2-1 loss to them in the first round.

FA Trophy

We made it to the semi's after eliminating the (lower team) competition but lost narrowly to Stafford after extra time.

Key Player Profiles

Gareth Parker

Gareth was the rock at the back in this season, and even popped up to score a few goals. He was great, and that is going to be expected this season.

Joe Mason

Joe scored and provided alot in a season where goals were dryed out which was quite an achievement; well done to him from me.

Radoslav Vasilev

18 goals in an awful season and in the process, breaking the record goals for the club (poor Dolinajec..) Great season for him.

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position    Achievements

2010/11    Blue Square South          16th         -
2011/12    Blue Square South          13th         -
2012/13    Blue Square South           3rd         Promotion
2013/14    Blue Square Premier         9th         -
2014/15    Blue Square Premier        16th         -
2015/16    Blue Square Premier        16th         -

Switched from a standard 4-4-2 to a 4-1-3-2 Diamond, hoping that I could better utilise my AMs and DMs and turn things around.... amazed the fans by recording a win against Nuneaton, current play-off hopefuls.

Despite that win relieving the pressure, I'm still very close to getting the sack, so hopefully this will mark a new spell of improved form :)

Archived