dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FC United of Manchester – Blue Square South – 2011/2012

With our media prediction risen dramatically from bottom to 10th, I was hopeful of another play-off place or, with a bit of luck, automatic promotion.

League Table

A highly disappointing final position with a number of cheap goals costing us throughout the season, losing 14 games was never going to be good enough for promotion.

Squad

Sam Ashton – decent season, 23 clean sheets is impressive and will hold the number 1 spot next season. 16-year-old Clive Dolby is his back-up

Luke Garrard – new signing, slotted in at right-back and handled defensive duties well.

Adam Tong – Another good season from the centre-back, played every game and will be first choice again next season

Declan Gallacher – Former Celtic youngster made 47 appearances, part of the defence with the 2nd best record in the league.

Simon Garner – Key part of the back-four and chipped in with 8 assists, carrying on from last seasons good form.

Carlos Roca – Played up front and impressed for the last few games, but spent most of the season on the wing, chipping in with 9 assists and 5 goals.

Nick Main – 11 assists and 4 goals from the star midfielder.

Frankie Low – The Rangers youth product rotated with Declan Freeman and Joe O'Sullivan for the season, with none of them able to hold down a permanent spot in the team.

Jerome Wright – Our most creative player with 14 assists from the left wing.

Bradley Gray – Lost his place late on in the season after an unimpressive goal tally of just 8 in 38.

Kyle Wilson – An astonishing return of 48 goals in 50 games means he has scored 85 goals in his 2 seasons back at the club. We rely on him far too much.

FA Cup

Didn't quite match our run last season, falling to League 1 Swindon in the 1st round.

FA Trophy

Had an easy run to the 2nd round, where we put in a decent performance but lost out in the end to Stalybridge.

Finances

Looking fairly healthy, and I'll try to keep it that way.

Aims for next season:-

Simply, automatic promotion. We have a decent squad, where the younger players of last season will be more effective next year so I feel we have a good chance, as long as we keep hold of Kyle Wilson, of course. :)

Hessenthaler :cool:

What club you in charge of?

Merthyr in BSP, hovering around play off with the cash balance firmly in red , 700k last time i checked. Got a 3. round match in the FA cup away to Leeds, currently in the premiership, so hopefully that'll bring in some much needed income

Right Im starting now. Got bored waiting. Will reload a few times trying to get Boreham Wood, but then might have to settle for someone else.

By the way, I know editing is strictly speaking not allowed, but is it ok that I've changed the names of various competitions (Premier Division --> Premiership, EURO Cup --> Europa League etc.)?

2010/11 BSN - 7th

2011/12 BSN - 7th

2011-12 Season - Nuneaton Town

Blue Square North: 4th (Promoted via Playoffs)

FA Cup: 3rd Round (lost to Leeds)

FA Trophy: Semi-Final (lost to Harrogate)

Summary: Much better season this time! That's not to say we didn't still have problems, dropping from title challengers to 10th place with a 9 game winless run, but the cups probably saved my job and eventually winning the playoffs was a great way to finish.

At the start of the season the club was taken over (no money :() which was okay, but my contract was up for renewal and I hadn't exactly set the world on fire for the previous regime - plus they said they intended on bringing in a new manager - so I thought my time was up! Somehow I managed to land a 3 year extension, and I went into the season with high hopes.

In a nutshell, started good, middle bad, finished good. Here's some screenies of the playoff semi-final second leg and playoff final :)

Had some job offers from bottom-end League Two clubs that had been taken over by consortia lead by no less than Edwin van der Sar and Javier Zanetti, which was flattering, but I probably wouldn't have taken them regardless of this challenge. Mansfield were in a mess and I thought they'd probably be relegated anyway - which they were - and Burton Albion weren't much better. Onwards and upwards with Nuneaton!

If they did it doesn't show as centre back is his only position, also most AI trained players have good physical attributes usually

When a player gets trained to a new position but doesn't get played in that position or continually trained they can lose the position, doesn't happen with everyone but can happen, especially if they were not natural to that position in the first place

Good start for me as Tooting Won 2 Lost 1 ( only because the oppostion had 2 penalties to win 3-2)

Fabian Batchelor has been my best performer so far 4 goals in 3 games.

Signings

Dan Beck - scored twice already... looks a good buy already

Nathan Crabb - Upfront with Fabian scoring once and 2 assists

Brought in 2 GKs Russel Howarth & Gareth Williams

A solid old DM to help out my defence, Danny Rofe

Hopefully my luck will continue

Will keep you updated.....

Right Im starting now. Got bored waiting. Will reload a few times trying to get Boreham Wood, but then might have to settle for someone else.

By the way, I know editing is strictly speaking not allowed, but is it ok that I've changed the names of various competitions (Premier Division --> Premiership, EURO Cup --> Europa League etc.)?

As long as you haven't used the editor, then that is fine.

I'm about to start this challenge after having attempted it on FM 07 and almost completing it with AFC Wimbledon. Wanted to get a team that no one has one yet. Was wondering if there was any way a list could be made by all showing which teams people are currently playing with, by possibly adding your name and team you're using if you don't see that team already on the list already provided. I'll start with dafuge as namesake of the thread. Thanks in advance.

Tooting and Mitcham - dafuge

2012/2013 - Tonbridge Angels - Cardiovascular

A season I had high-ish hopes for, I thought we could push for a top-half finished and told the board so. Their response was to lower the wage budget. After our good start with the board, the season was shaky when we started but it soon picked up and we never looked back ultimately, and promotion was sealed with a 1-0 victory over Hampton & Richmond in the BSS play-off final.

League Finish: 3rd

League Positions Graph

As we neared the top following the shaky start, we never really did look like we'd lose. After an absolute thrashing in the FA Cup, we lost form and struggled to maintain our high standards but to my delight, we did pull it back and finish 3rd to make the play-offs.

Playoff Semi Final Leg 1

Playoff Semi Final Leg 2

Playoff Final

Our triumph over both Hampton & Richmond and Chelmsford, and ultimately our promotion, meant I finished Runner up in Manager of the Season.

FA Cup - Do you really want me to talk about it? I think I'd get banned.. :(

FA Trophy - A loss in the first round to Merthyr ensures an awful season for us in the cups this year.

Transfers

Thurlbourne came in to be our resident DMC and promptly made himself that, whereas Lindie and Cole were both back-up.

Key Player Profiles

Tom Bryant - Tom was our star player this year and the partnership of him and Eastham were near enough unstoppable. Chipped in with 5 goals as well to round off a great season for him.

Ashley Eastham - Alongside Bryant, we had a solid defence and Eastham also chipped in with his fair share of goals.. again, he was excellent.

Eugene Cunningham - Eugene joined us 2 seasons ago and this was his best one since joining. He played regularly down the left, both scoring and assisting plenty of times.

Fabio Ferreira - The Portuguese youngster was fantastic down the right, with 12 and 13 goals and assists respectively. He was excellent this year, truly amazing.

Michal Dolinajec - Without a shadow of a doubt, the best player this year. Scored an incredible amount of goals from the attacking midfield position and evem threw in 12 assists. Unbelievable and excellent.

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square South          16th         -
2011/12    Blue Square South          13th         -
2012/13    Blue Square South           3rd         Promotion

He looks amazing for the bsn, you should be getting at least 2 a game when you are playing him and super kyle upfront :)
Looks like they're going to do the business as I just finished my first league game of the season, beating Kings Lynn 2-0 away. Evans and Wilson both scored, with each one setting up the other's goal. Looks like a successful partnership :) Only problem is now Suhaj is left on the subs bench, and when he was by far my best player last season, that's really not fair.

Looks like they're going to do the business as I just finished my first league game of the season, beating Kings Lynn 2-0 away. Evans and Wilson both scored, with each one setting up the other's goal. Looks like a successful partnership :) Only problem is now Suhaj is left on the subs bench, and when he was by far my best player last season, that's really not fair.

sometimes you have to be ruthless to do well. It may be unfair to leave him on the bench but he should get a few games when one of them gets injured

Am having a rather enjoyable cup run in the first season. FA Cup First Round.

Been drawn at home to Dartford in the 2nd round aswell so a good chance to make the 3rd round in the first season. :)

Tooting and Mitcham - dafuge

Truro City - Hexhamlad

Carshalton - DanGLiverpool

FC United - dudge7

Tonbridge Angels - Cardiovascular

Boston United - WillCarruthers

Cambridge City - Cerneo

Sutton Utd - hrbfcrule

Bedford Town - craigjuk

Oxford City - Smithers

Kings Lynn - PVentress

Merthyr - help!!!

Nuneaton - SnakeXe

Guiseley - foost

Canvey Island - Scooty_BAFC

Kings Lynn - Blue Square Premier - 2012/2013

Predicted: 20th

Finished: 13th

This will be a really short update as the season was a very poor effort and overall a massive disapointment.

We started well and had a solid, if inconsistent run to January, however we were in 4th plkace at the turn of the year and looked good for a challange and at the least a play off spot, but then we got decimated by injuries.

I lost my goal scorer, Nick blackman, for 4 months and we did not see him again for the rest of the season, he had 27 goals by mid January and was pretty much the reason we were up at the top. We also lost 4 centre backs for between 2 -3 months and had to fill in with Midfielders for that time.

Needless to say things did not go well, form disappeared and we plummeted down the league, struggling to kepp clean sheets and no real punch up front.

The season limped to a conclusion in 13th place on the exact same points tally as the year previous.

Another off season of rebuilding is definately in order

League Table

Transfers

Squad

Season League                          Position                Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11 Blue Square North                  2nd           Promotion, Play Off Winners
2011/12 Blue Square Premier               13th           -
2012/13 Blue Square Premier               13th           -

Look it on the bride side PVentress, if you win 4 times more next season you're in the playoff

Your right, is just gutting to be in such a good position at january and see your team fall apart in the run in,

But with a few additions i am certain promotion is on the cards next season :D

Just made a good start to my League 2 campaign with a 3-1 win over Torquay. Nice to see Craig Rodger get on the scoresheet (he also hit the post which led to the second goal), which now means he has scored in the BSN, BSP, League 2 and League 1. A pretty impressive feat. If he could get around 30 goals like he has in the other divisions that would be even more impressive!

Archived